The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The New Beauty and the Beast ... ?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:34 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 4
Anyone seen this? I'd heard something like this was in the works a while ago, but it slipped under my radar until now. I was a big fan of the old 80's show - to say it changed my life is not an understatement. A lot of who I am today is because of what that show awoke in me ... the kind of person I became, the interests I pursued, the gentle nudge the direction of my life took. I doubt I would've loved Willow & Tara the way I do if I hadn't loved Catherine & Vincent first.

So what is the deal with this new show? I dvr'd it, but haven't watched it yet. Not sure I'm going to. I ran through it on fast-forward just to see what the Beast looked like, and I'll be damned if I could spot him. He's a regular looking guy, isn't he? "Regular" in that he doesn't look like a monster - he's actually downright handsome. I don't get it. And what about the Tunnels? No secret world beneath the streets of New York? Is there any fantasy to this show? Any magic? Any heart?

If someone has seen this, and it's actually pretty good, PLEASE tell me ... because from what I've seen I don't really want to watch it. Maybe I'm missing the point entirely, I don't know.

I miss Willow & Tara ... waiting to fall in love again, you know?

Post subject: Re: The New Beauty and the Beast ... ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:51 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 8
Hi Gorn (I assume from your username that you are also a Trekkie, like me ;) ).

Anyway, your instincts are correct. This new version is in no way equal in quality to the original Ron Pearlman show: not in its cast, its setting, its writing, or even its music. I watched the first few episodes, and it seems to be nothing more than an "action-hero" type of series. All of the poignancy and romantic pathos that were such an important part of the original series
are gone. :happy What a pity--the original was one of those rare shows that appealed both to me and my parents.

I saw an announcement in the Television Guide that the series has recently been "tweaked" because of negative fan reactions. I can't say I'm interested unless they have completely re-vamped the show, which I doubt. :(

Post subject: Re: The New Beauty and the Beast ... ?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:07 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 4
Ah, that's what I was afraid of ... What a shame.

And yes, big old-school trekkie.