The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shadow Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 2:50 pm 

posted 11-21-2000 16:50 EST (US)
Here's the place to discuss this week's Buffy episode.

Nice to see Tara included as an integral part of the gang. Also it appears that Tara and Giles were busy researching Glory while the rest of the gang was out patrolling with Riley. Riley's story is getting awfully repetitious. And why did they go to the trouble to specifically bring back Sandy if they were just going to stake her? I'm still feeling like everything is just a little off and the whole season feels like a weird dream sequence or alternate reality.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 3:14 pm 

posted 11-21-2000 17:14 EST (US)
I saw it last night, pretty good ep, just the fact that Tara was in it makes it great and I loved the way that she was interacting with Giles, not W/T and Giles but just Tara and Giles, she needs more scenes with the other scoobies, don't get me wrong though, the more scenes with W/T together the better hehe
And Spike...LOVE Spike, he was really funny when he was taking shots at Riley, two lines I really liked were him calling W/T the lover wiccas and when Riley threw him out, Spike yelling blanket! blanket! LOL
And of course the scene where Riley was throwing Spike out of Buffy's bedroom and he grabbed a pair of her panties on the way out LMAO

When you guys see the ep or if you read this before, check this out tonight...in the magic shop, when Buffy showed up to pick up Dawn, Willow was with Giles behind the counter, Dawn was sitting at the table and Xander was with Anya in the back, Tara isn't there then when the snake demon leaves, Tara pops up from behind the counter with Willow...where was she before that? because I didn't see her, anyone else notice that? it's not a big deal or anything, just wanted to ask if someone saw her before the snake demon crashed through the window?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 5:44 pm 

posted 11-21-2000 19:44 EST (US)
tara pops up from behind the counter with willow, huh? wonder what *she* was doing...

okay, now i've seen the ep, and you're absolutely right, warduke. tara appears behind the counter from out of nowhere. there were a lot of cuts in that scene, so i suppose she could have run in from some room off-camera when she herad dawn scream (you know, to make sure her willow was okay and all), but it seems mighty suspicious to me.

then again, perhaps tara was just looking for something in a low drawer or on a low shelf behind the counter or something. you know, crawling around on her hands and knees at willow's feet...

ahem. moving on, the thing that struck me most about this buffy ep was actually the "scenes from next week" clip. am i quite mistaken, even after several slo-mo viewings, or is it willow and tara, alone on a rooftop, that see the shooting star-like occurrence at the very beginning of the preview? do you think next week's ep might open with a romantic rooftop scene? oh, how i hope...i can't wait!

and whatever happened to tara's ability to sense when people aren't right, or when they're not people? she caught on to faith-in-buffy right away, but hasn't said anything about dawn (thought it could be argued that she knows but isn't telling), and had no clue when glory waltzed into the magic shop. does she have selective magic-sense?

anya was great in this ep. i love her so.

[This message has been edited by april (edited 11-21-2000).]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 7:14 pm 

posted 11-21-2000 21:14 EST (US)
most lol moment of the season(for me)- Xander,willow,giles silently shooting those 'will you shut the f*** up!' looks at anya. that scene was hilarious and riley 'a LITTLE crazed', that's the understatement of the year pal. really great to see tara ensconced in Scoobydoom as it were, even giving them a new avenue to explore.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 8:16 pm 

posted 11-21-2000 22:16 EST (US)
I really enjoyed the drama of Buffy and her mom dealing with the tumor and also the nice moments of the scoobies (including helpful Tara) together at the magic shop, but otherwise my review of this ep has to be one big bitch fest:

- Riley's scenes of being bitter and confused over unrequitted love would've been very touching if we hadn't seen the SAME EXACT THING in the last few episodes. Mr. Cow says mooooooooove on.

- The scenes with Glory and her demon-bitch were very annoying because of all the bad dialogue.

- The fight scene between Glory and Buffy in the snake house was very annoying because Glory's stupid quips were comprised of bad dialogue.

- I'm really starting to get annoyed by Glory's BAD DIALOGUE.

- As a fan of Dr. Who and 1950's b-movie sci-fi, I thought at first that I could stomach the crappy effects of the fight with the big snake. But by the time that we were seeing the final, long distance crane shot of Sarah weakly punching a rubber snake head under the glow of Glory's bungalow, I was fairly disgusted. That snake head wiggled around like a child's inflatable punching bag and the sight of it was probably worth a giggle for casual fans of the show, but for die-hard fanatics like me it was just darn painful to see.

I think it's a rotten shame that great acting moments by Sarah and Kristine were practically wasted on this weakly written ep. I would like to blame David Fury, but really it's Joss who has the final say in script approval. Where were you tonight, J-man? Why hast thou foresaken me?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 8:19 pm 

posted 11-21-2000 22:19 EST (US)
hey april! It's a cold one in NYC isn't it? i need to get me a damn heater...

but back to the topic on hand... call me wrong but wasn't tara the only scooby NOT looking at glory when she came in. maybe that's why she didn't sense the evilness in her... i dunno. i'll have to look at that scene again.

OH! and the real question is WHAT is up with Amber's hair color?!!! kill the dyer. I cannot even look at her. it's ridiculous. hello. we all know now what tara was doing last episode, dying her hair a color that so does not complement her. maybe it's just me but it's too willowish and she's HOT as a blonde or brownie with highlights. Bring that back! and let's not even talk about the make up. it's like that time willow looked like a tramp. sorry but she did.

and as for the coming attaractions it was willow and tara (her hair was up the way i love it, ok i am obsessed). maybe they were patrolling again since willow mentioned it this ep. or they were having a romantic stoll on a dock. either or. or not.

the whole sandy thing pissed me off.I understand there is so much going on right now but it would have been hilarious to see what could've happened if she and willow had met (even though she probably wasn't the one who sired her).

Spike was as funny as ever especially the stealing buffy's panties scene. And yes, i feel sorry for riley but they really should just get him gone already. GLORY!!!! her name IS a holy name and it's wonderful to see a *good* baddie again. she rocks.

and i liked this ep. much better than spikes for some reason. even with the fake snake and too much riley time. maybe because I had passed by the park the night they were filming that scene. but i like tara being there as a scoob and helping out.

umm. ok. enough for now.

------------------
*a few thoughts on the subject by a lil' nothing*, Rasputina

[This message has been edited by Rane (edited 11-21-2000).]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 8:24 pm 

posted 11-21-2000 22:24 EST (US)
hey rane! damn right it's cold...keep bundled up! and get a heater!

i'm sooo with you on the "yummy tara with her hair up" sentiments. she looks great with the little strands curling around her face...

willow and tara were on a dock? you sure it wasn't a rooftop? actually, i don't care as long as romanticness is involved.

ah, buffy. gotta love it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 8:36 pm 

posted 11-21-2000 22:36 EST (US)
Hey Rane, I agree with you that Amber's make-up was very uncomplimetary. The light shade lipstick just was not workin' out for her. But I could really see dark hair being good for her, just not that particular shade they had going on tonight.

I'm glad I don't remember this Sandy character y'all are talking about. Must be Alzheimer's setting in early 'cause I really have no clue where she was before - so I don't mind that she showed up just to get dusted. Honestly, I thought that scene with her and Riley - and that whole montage, in fact - was one of the best moments of the show. It was genuinely moving to see big doofus boy get so worked up that he almost turned to the dark side. Visions of things to come, I say (and I hope they come soon).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 8:46 pm 

posted 11-21-2000 22:46 EST (US)
darv- sandy is from dopplegangland. she's the one that vamp willow killed at the bronze. it's the same actress and the same character that's why there has been so much spec about her.

april- being as obsessed as i am with mise en scene i need at least two screeningsfor it to actually register. all i remember from the previews is crates. re: the scene with tara and willow watching the thingy come down. so i could be way wrong. could be rooftop. maybe they're having a nice midnight picnic and.. that's a fic actually....

and probably by the time my computer loads this post all questions will have been answered by someone else. oh the glory of having a computer form 1997.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 8:57 pm 

posted 11-21-2000 22:57 EST (US)
The only bad thing about watching Buffy Monday night is that for some reason they never show the teaser for next week's ep, so I watched Buffy again tonight just to see the teaser...and W/T of course and you guessed it, I missed it...DAMN IT...luckily I have a satellite and I have and east and west WB feeds, so in a few minutes I'll watch it again and this time I won't miss it.

april, see what I mean, it was kinda weird that Tara just pops up out of nowhere but I like what you said about her being at Willow's feet or "doing" something else...tee hee

shazza...W/T lover says hi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 9:24 pm 

posted 11-21-2000 23:24 EST (US)
Reguarding Tara coming out of nowhere for behind the counter when the snake comes into the magic shop. She doesn't. If you watch the previous scene very carefully she is there she's off to the left putting stuff on the shelves but if you blink you'll miss her.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 9:32 pm 

posted 11-21-2000 23:32 EST (US)
darn, she was there the whole time? i liked my ideas for what she was doing better...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 11:54 pm 

posted 11-22-2000 01:54 EST (US)
quote:
Originally posted by darvangi:
As a fan of Dr. Who and 1950's b-movie sci-fi, I thought at first that I could stomach the crappy effects of the fight with the big snake. But by the time that we were seeing the final, long distance crane shot of Sarah weakly punching a rubber snake head under the glow of Glory's bungalow, I was fairly disgusted. That snake head wiggled around like a child's inflatable punching bag and the sight of it was probably worth a giggle for casual fans of the show, but for die-hard fanatics like me it was just darn painful to see.

Well... yeah the shot wasn't pulled off very effectively, but it was an impressive attempt.

Let me elaborate - Buffy was punching the snake in Griffith Park. Glory's hideout is in Pasadena. They blended the two images together.

Specifically, Glory is hiding out in "Castle Green," which is located at 99 South Raymond Avenue in Pasadena.

And while I'm on a trivia spree, I'll add one more piece of evidence to the "Sunnydale is Santa Barbara" theory. When the snake-monster goes to "the holy places" to look for Dawn, the establishing shot they show is actually Mission Santa Barbara.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 12:18 am 

posted 11-22-2000 02:18 EST (US)
Adrienne, leaning in .. sigh. Speaking of which, Tara leaning into Willow when they first sat at the table... yumm.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 12:32 am 

posted 11-22-2000 02:32 EST (US)
Everybody else has begun to state their opinions, so I might as well throw my hat into the ring as well.

Let's break it down, shall we?

GLORY-- Loving the idea of an opponent who's mannerisms and appearance hide the degree of threat she poses. She talks like a child and looks like a supermodel (except for her hair in this ep...up does not work for that woman in my NSHO), and yet, she continues to throw the slayer around like a rag doll.
BTW, I want to go on record (and probably make myself look like a fool in the end, but oh well) as saying that I think Glory's name is going to end up the key (or at least part of it) to defeating her. After all, unless I am mistaken, this is the first ep to mention her name, yet several times it's pointed out the Dagon sphere Buffy found is used to ward off that which cannot be named.

JOYCE-- To be perfectly honest, I have never really been fond of her. So I don't have too much of an opinion (or problem) with the new plotline. I do agree, however, that it IS an interesting twist for Buffy to be faced with an opponent even a slayer can't defeat. And, I like that she is faced with the thought of all of her skills and knowledge, and that of her friends, is useless. No magic could help save the day this time.
Next week, I just hope the...whatever the hell it is, does not provide Joyce some sort of deus ex machina kind of cure.

RILEY-- uhh...errmm...moving on to something more interesting. Like, I don't know, pretty much ANYTHING!

THE SNAKE-- I know it was kind of cheesy, in the close ups at least, but I have to admit, I kind of liked it. Maybe it's just me. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure it's just me with this opinion.

ANYA-- Still a breath of fresh air. In a way she's like Cordelia-lite. Everything we like about Queen C, without all of the bitter and holier-than-thou attitude mixed in we got in the HS days.
And as a sidenote, I could be way off the base here, but I kind of thought Anya's fear of bunnies (such as it was) stemmed from the costume she wore in FEAR ITSELF.
BTW, speaking of Cordy, my first thought, when I saw her new hairdo was that for she'd copied it from Willow. And you can take that anyway you want (no, I want to make myself a little clearer in this instance...I love all of Willow's hairdo's. Period)

DAWN-- Well, I am pretty sure I've mentioned my dislike of the character before. And, the ep tonight did nothing to alter that thought in any way.
Actually, you know that scene where Riley and Dawn are sitting by the carousel? Seeing them together like that made me happy, cause it meant I didn't have to see either or both of them in any other scenes.

TARA-- What can I say, besides the wonderful stuff everyone else has said?
I love how she is just hanging with Giles and the gang at the Box. She's a Scooby, all right, through and through. Her interactions with them have been more effective and a lot more productive (though brief) than anything Riley has done to date.
Tara is Willow's girlfriend, yes, but the ep tonight demonstrated there's so much more to the character than that.

I guess that's it.

Later!!

------------------
Kirk B

"Even when I'm at my worst, you always make me feel special. How do you do that?"

"Magic."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 12:41 am 

posted 11-22-2000 02:41 EST (US)
quote:
Originally posted by xita:
Adrienne, leaning in .. sigh. Speaking of which, Tara leaning into Willow when they first sat at the table... yumm.

I know xita. I'm just rewatching, after not being able to get back into chat (I'm crack hannibal) , and Tara SO leans into Willow when they all sit down to start their little study group. So she's close she could give Willow a little peck on the cheek

I'm back on crack ... smilies that is!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 1:32 am 

posted 11-22-2000 03:32 EST (US)
Kirk, since Joss likes fairy tales, Glory is like Rumpelstiltskin.

Adrienne, I didn't think there would be any cute w/t moments from what I could see from the crack fix flash videos. There were enough to please me, with w/t it doesn't take much. Though I missed the touching. But, this was the first ep since Family and the important thing was seeing Tara interact with the scoobies now.

Finally, Dawn. Willow, smart girl that she is, noticed that the snake was scared of Dawn. Then, Buffy in front of everyone says, It knows. Hmm.. I would be curious. I wonder how long till the others figure it out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 3:14 am 

posted 11-22-2000 05:14 EST (US)
The snake was pretty cool in the scenes where it was a computer animation. But the "man in a rubber suit" scenes were worthy of the Ed Wood Award for FX cheese.

I was disappointed that Riley didn't get converted. He and Sandy would have made a cute couple. Imagine them sharing a crypt w/Spike and Harmony?

I think "Shadow" confirmed Tara's place as a full-fledged member of the scoobies. I think that as the season unfolds she and Willow are going to play a critical role in defeating Glory. Now if only they'd leave her hair alone.

I really like how magic is playing a larger role in resolving each conflict, starting with "Primeval" last season. That was a welcome change from Buffy's usual mode of "You guys look stuff up- I gotta go smash something." To the extent that they don't just rely on Buffy's power the gang needs to work together, and that can only mean more W/T screentime.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

Oh wait, I still have a penny left: Spike snitching Buffy's panties was so totally over the top. That was my second favorite scene this season, right after Tara getting under the covers. Yummy.

Speaking of yummy, Tara is baking 'Tofurkey' for her and Willow's first Thanksgiving, of course.

[This message has been edited by fell (edited 11-22-2000).]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 3:14 am 

posted 11-22-2000 05:14 EST (US)
I have nothing to add to the discussion as I have not seen the ep, just here trolling for spoilers, living vicariously through you all. Just popped up to say hey to Warduke and Xita. and yay!, I can chat!, if I am ever awake at the right time

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 4:10 am 

posted 11-22-2000 06:10 EST (US)
I can't really add anything new since evrybody's said what i wanted to say. I have been watching the trailer again though and i think that W/T are on a dock for a romantic moonlight stroll *sigh*:

can't wait for next week.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 7:15 am 

posted 11-22-2000 09:15 EST (US)
i liked the epi. sure not much w/t but lots of other goodies. spike is so amazing in his evilness. he really hurt riley so bad i even started feeling a little sorry for him. interesting twist that riley almost got himself vamped on purpose. but, he clearly has no acting ability to look tough so he could never be a vamp.
brain tumor... sure it's been done before even on buffy it was done in "lie to me" amazingly well i might add with a kid who had a brain tumor.
still i like the story twist.i want to see some cruel angry behavior from joyce. to me it doesnt seem weird but then i am a pediatric oncology nurse so i've seen my share of brain tumors.believe me leukemia is way better (your chances anyway). i hope they dont cure joyce. it would be interesting to see what joss does with this one. brain tumors stick around quite a while before the end comes. but, then this is tv. oooo i have an idea i can be the brain tumor consultant to joss. perhaps sneak around the set and hang out with aly and amber.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 8:34 am 

posted 11-22-2000 10:34 EST (US)
queen of denial, thanks for the w/t teaser screencaps. i love them! however, i have to point out that the screencaps *clearly* demonstrate that they're on a roof and not a dock, unless they're on a dock that's level with the tops of the streetlights. i'm *so* looking forward to this w/t moment next week!

people were loud and lame at my house last night while buffy was on, so i missed most of the leanings and longing looks. guess i'll have to watch the ep again...

by the way, i saw "hush" for the first time last night, and it totally blew me away. that episode is better than anything that's aired this season - it was soooo cool. i actually liked riley in it! in terms of overall episode quality, i even liked it better than "family". i loved every single scene, though the soda machine one was my absolute favorite. BAM! woohooo...

i must say, though, that after hearing buffy/SMG scream to destroy the gentlemen, and comparing it with dawn's scream when the snake finds her, michelle trachtenberg wins hands down. that girl has lungs!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 8:49 am 

posted 11-22-2000 10:49 EST (US)
I have to agree with april, Michelle Trachtenberg's scream made that scene. She does have a set of lungs!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 9:29 am 

posted 11-22-2000 11:29 EST (US)
Ok, I'm bored @ work and because of the holiday..no one is here. Lonely..and it's cold as hell outside, so I can't distract myself w/a cigarette.. blah.

Last night:

~~Loved Anya..love her so F***ing much this season.. she is, in a way, morphing into a female comic foil(ie, the XX version of Xander--and yes, "xx" is chromosome..and not something dirty ). Completely love watching her.
~~As far as the "to dye Tara, not to dye Tara" debate..I like the darker hair. But, with Anya, Dawn, and Willow having darker hair..it seems like she's going to start looking like the rest of the auburn haired gang.. Buffy needs another blonde(r) cohort.
~~The snake a completely cheese. But, this isn't a $40 million movie w/ILM taking over the special effects..so, we get what we get.
~~Glory..well, yes, the dialogue is horrible, but Clare plays the manic personality VERY well. And, well..buffy can't get ALL of the best in-fight one liners.
~The Joyce story line..hits close to home. I like how they're handling it. And, working in a medical college, the dialogue is fairly accurate..so, points to them.

Ok, have to act like I'm doing something worth my wage.

-S.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 10:06 am 

posted 11-22-2000 12:06 EST (US)
I see I'm going to be alone on this one...but I liked the Riley stuff last night. He didn't whine! Instead, other people pointed out to him, much in the way a fan walking off the street might, the differences between B/him and B/Angel.

The awareness that maybe "a nice guy who's good for Buffy" isn't actually what she might subliminally want hurts, and I thought Marc did a good job showing the hopeless frustration when he can't be what he thinks (and what other people are telling him) Buffy needs. And I thought the scene with him and Sandy was one of the more genuinely creepy things I've seen on the show lately. People on various boards have talked about Riley being stupid here. It's not, IMO, exactly being stupid (like running into a nest of vampires alone is stupid).

Instead, its a good examination of the way in which Vampires benefit from human despair, and thier desire to connect to something, to embrace something, even death and damnantion.

An emotionally vulnerable young man, forced to confront the fact that he lacks qualities the woman he loves admires, meets the wrong wrong woman in an alley and...stakes her and gets called stupid, as opposed to letting her finish him and maybe or maybe not vamping him and making him kewlin the eyes of fans like Spike. I think it's fascinating stuff psychologically.

I also thought the scenes between Riley and Dawn were sweet and touching and sad. Manipulative? Sure. But I don't mind a scene which is set up to make Riley look sympathetic (not perfect or invulnerable or whatever, merely sympathetic), when I happily accept scenes that are set up to make me feel sadness for Joyce and Buffy, or affection for the sheer adorableness of W/T. The show is brazenly emotionally manipulative, occasionally clumsily so.
And, though I forgive her because she's going through a lot right now, even more than usual, if Buffy could see the way she sometimes treats Riley, I'd like to think she would have the emotional sensitivity and honesty to wince.

Anyway, enough Riley related ranting. And alliteration. Thought the snake monster was bad in an absolute technical sense, but tremendous fun in a Ray Harryhausen mythology momnster movie kind of way. (Good grief, the alliteration, I'm not doing this on purpose I swear)

I don't quite understand why you'd need a giant nasty cobra monster to find something, I would have thought you could get the job done more subtly with a little infernal fly in the wall, or a demonic coon hound perhaps. (anyone remember the roach spy cam from Fifth Element?)

Or maybe Glory could get together with her sweetie, and try to cast a Key Finding spell on a little map of Sunnydale, and then her sweetie might botch the spell, you know, toss the virgin blood under the bed, and then all the demon fans of the show could speculate for months ("Oh, Glory's girlfriend is good, horribly stinking good I say, I predict you'll find out she's not a demon, she's actually there to secretly help out the scoobies, and I bet she's really Glory's great granduncle from an alternate dimension! Glory should totally go back to that stoic yet cute Chaos demon.")
Or maybe not.

Um, liked that Xander called Riley on the solo work last week. Liked the general Scooby-age with Tara! Yay! Wished that Tara and Willow had been sitting together in the second scene, but I did notice the lean in the first one. (Insert vote for lighter, up off the neck hair for Tara, or the old Hush-style hair)

My jury is still out on Glory, though her assistant is a riot. Not a great episode overall, but nothing really annoyed me, and the plot moved forward.

-len

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 10:14 am 

posted 11-22-2000 12:14 EST (US)
quote:
Originally posted by Hugin:
Or maybe Glory could get together with her sweetie, and try to cast a Key Finding spell on a little map of Sunnydale, and then her sweetie might botch the spell, you know, toss the virgin blood under the bed, and then all the demon fans of the show could speculate for months ("Oh, Glory's girlfriend is good, horribly stinking good I say, I predict you'll find out she's not a demon, she's actually there to secretly help out the scoobies, and I bet she's really Glory's great granduncle from an alternate dimension! Glory should totally go back to that stoic yet cute Chaos demon.")
Or maybe not.

ROFL, len! yes, i'll bet that all of the demon fans of BtVS would be appalled if glory were to date a (gasp) human! i'm sure they were appalled to discover that tara wasn't a demon after all, too!

let's face it, the show discriminates horribly against demons. they should really be more sensitive.

[This message has been edited by april (edited 11-22-2000).]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 10:14 am 

posted 11-22-2000 12:14 EST (US)
I just watched it again and can you believe it, I almost missed the teaser...again! LOL

It looked like W/T were on a rooftop, for those wondering.

And LordBowler is right, when Buffy is talking to Dawn and then they show Giles walking past Willow, Tara is behind them, with her back to the camera but with her clothes and dark hair, she almost disappears in the background and he's right, if you blink, you'll miss her

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 10:20 am 

posted 11-22-2000 12:20 EST (US)
I really disliked this episode. Like darvangi I found Glory's dialogue to be bad. I thought the writing of her dialogue felt forced, and that the writers have been trying too hard to make her a funny and wacky evil character. It's just not there for me. Also I just couldn't get worked up over such a fake looking "monster."

And I seem to be breaking from popular opinion here, but I don't like the Joyce tumor stuff. I thought I would. Maybe I will come to appreciate it. But I found it strangely unmoving and verging on tiresome tonight. Intellectually, of course, I am sorry that Joyce the character has cancer. But those scenes in the hospital felt trite and predictable. And if Buffy strokes Dawn's hair one more time while gazing at her sorrowfully I swear I am going to throw something at my TV.

As for Riley, I am so bored with and tired of his whitebread angst. It wouldn't even be fair for me to make any comments about his storyline because I am so thoroughly fed up.

[This message has been edited by judy (edited 11-22-2000).]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 10:23 am 

posted 11-22-2000 12:23 EST (US)
God, I just cleared all my comments. First, I would like to say that my favorite part was when Willow walks into the magic shop and Tara gives her this longing look. Sigh. I want Tara to look at me like that. I like Tara's hair just fine but the make up was eh. Willow looked good. I love the Giles and Tara interaction. It's most cool. I also loved Anya. She so wants to fit in and is so serious about her job. She came in straightening all the things on the displays. Hmm.. still hating Riley. Sandy, waste of a character (she should have met Willow, why bring her back at all). Snake, looked fake especially in the fighting. Still, I liked it better than the Mayor's.
Hey Shazza

Rane, rooftop romantic picnic? Fanfic? Why not, the floating dancing was fanfic. I can't wait till next week, it looks much better, plus w/t aloneness is always a good thing.

Ok, back to watching Kate and happy to see Cordelia doesn't have ridiculous extensions anymore.

Ah, yes I must add, this ep was bad. As bad as The Replacement. And I love glory, but she wasn't her usual delicious psychotic self. I need more.

[This message has been edited by xita (edited 11-22-2000).]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 10:25 am 

posted 11-22-2000 12:25 EST (US)
A few thoughts on to-nights episode:

• It's great to see that Tara is finally starting to become an intregal part of the gang. She is definitely beginning to look at home.

• This is the second episode where we have seen the Scoobies involved in the action for the full hour. This is what is needed to pull the season to-gether.

• Spike's confrontation with Riley was great, but having him sniffing Buffy's sweater and then stealing her panties is way out of character for him. While it may be humorous I hope Drusilla hurries back and knocks some sense into the poor boy.

• Anya was great to-night especially the part where she pointed out Giles' mistake. Does anyone know why she's so terrified of bunnies?

• I love watching Glory, she is just so insane. Judging from the suite she lives in she has no financial worries.

• I was also left wondering why Sandy was bought back only to have her staked after two episodes. There can't be a shortage of female vampires in Sunnydale can there.

• I enjoyed the effects with the snake, especially the scene with Dawn at the Magic Shop. The chase scene wasn't bad either, that is up until the point when Buffy decided to ride it. Then it all fell apart and was simply terrible. The stunts involving Buffy seem to be going from bad to worse.

[This message has been edited by Roxton (edited 11-22-2000).]