The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's Bad Movie Good Friday, Miss Kitty Fantastico!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 3:23 pm 
Resident Evil was okay ... much less action than I had anticipated. Blade 2 was much, much better. If you were thinking about seeing Resident Evil, see Blade 2 instead.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:21 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Web Warlock:
I have WAY too many MST3k tapes.

Can I come over?

I'll be really surprised if anyone else has even heard of my favorite bad movie. It's a TV movie, from 1979, and it was actually the first movie directed by the now Oscar­®-winning Ron Howard. It's called Cotton Candy and stars Charles Martin Smith and Ron's brother Clint. CMS plays a high school loser who starts a band (called Cotton Candy, whence the title) made up of other misfits and losers, including geekboy brothers on guitar and keyboards, a Latino bassist, and a groovy girl drummer. Their big rivals are a band called Rapid Fire, made up of the popular guys in school, including a hilariously blow-dried, tight-trousered, Corvette-driving singer. There's a Battle of the Bands, a rocky romance between CMS and the drummer girl, and a big climax at the prom...the whole thing is soooooo '70s and soooooo cheesy, and the music is absolutely awful but it's all so sincere...I totally freakin' love it. I adore this movie. I have it on tape, but if you ever happen to see it in your TV Guide, you must watch it.

And now, since I won't be around this weekend, I'd like to wish a Happy Easter to all the Kitties.quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:21 pm 
Oh my god, Autumn. I LOVE Drop Dead Gorgeous. The Whirling, Twirling Dance of Jesus on The Cross had me howling with laughter upon my first viewing. Who knew anyone could out-tacky John Waters?

I can't think of any W/T bad movie favorites, either, but I'll name two of mine. "Tremors" and "Elvira, Mistress of the Dark." Ooh! And "UHF." And The Brady Bunch Movie. And... um... hmmm...

I think I've just revealed far too much about my taste in bad humor. The sad thing is that I could go on and on. Heh. I love awful movies. Hehe. Dammit, I'm lame and I'm proud!

Edited to add: Just got home from seeing Death to Smoochy, and it was highly entertaining. Great cast, cleverly executed, and all around a good time, despite two hours of guys in foam animal suits. Two thumbs up from this plushy fearin' Kitten.

------------------
Shiver me timberless.

[This message has been edited by Dumbsaint (edited March 29, 2002).]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:53 pm 
quote:
I might troll through all four Superman movies this weekend. God knows it's preferable to telly. Ugh.

In the case of the last two, that's a matter of opinion. Frankly, I'd rather watch When Maple Trees Attack than Superman III. *shudder*

I like -- no, love -- Tremors. Its sequels aren't bad either, though the first one shines. Fred Ward and Kevin Bacon are a perfect manly-man comic duo. ("Well, who died and made you Einstein?" Makes me giggle every time I hear it.)

A good companion to Tremors is Lake Placid. You just have love Oliver Platt's weirdo character, especially his interaction with the small-town sherriff...

Sheriff: "I've just never heard of alligators crossing an ocean!"

Oliver Platt rich scientist-weirdo: "Well, y'know, they conceal that sort of information -- in books!"

And of course, Betty White is a hoot too:

(to the sheriff as he is grilling her about the alligator) "Y'know, if I had an ass, this is where I'd tell ya to kiss it!"

These are the kind of movies that Willow has probably seen before and is screening for Tara, waiting for lines like the above, and listening to Tara howl with laughter at them.

------------------
"How's that cramp doing, Spike? Why dontcha put some ice on it?"
quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:52 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Dumbsaint:
Oh my god, Autumn. I LOVE Drop Dead Gorgeous.

I'm glad so many people enjoy this movie. It is a riot. After all it does have the Lutheren Gun Club and Ellen Barkin with a beer can attached to her hand. Literally.

Plus it gives you quite the impression of Minnesota. Oh fer super funny.
http://www.ddgorgeous.com/

------------------
Autumn

I have the sudden urge to dedicate my productive cooperation.

[This message has been edited by AutumnT (edited March 29, 2002).]quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 9:46 pm 
I think Killer Clowns From Outer Space-that was a bad one. Tremors,Roadhouse, Judge Dredd,Demolition Man, Real Genius and Shag(my wife loves that one). Jason part 10 isn't out till summer but I suspect it will suck in a big way.

------------------
Sugarloaf
Willow and Tara forever

[This message has been edited by Genea (edited March 29, 2002).]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 10:28 pm 
I say Bell Book and Candle could be a possible lame favorite. It came out in 1958. Everything was cheesey back then.