The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wondering if the Kittens have cats :)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 12:57 pm 
Oh man. I can't resist when it comes to posting pictures of my cats.

On the left is Willow, and on the right is Neeko.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:20 pm 
I have 6 dogs and 4 kitties.

Kyle 16 is black with three tiny white tuffs of fur on his tummy. He's an attention hog and must sleep on his own pillow at the head of the bed.

Dusty kitty, 1 1/2, is a gift from God or the Goddess. He's my soulmate kitty.

He was turned into the vet as a kitten with his best friend. When the vet tried to spay his best friend, so they could give her away, she died on the table. I saw him standing up on his back legs trying to get out of the cage while the vet was giving his best buddy CPR.

The way he was crying out and doing everything in his power to get to his buddy broke my heart--I had just lost my 17 year dog and my twin brother--so I took him home and we helped heal each other's grief.

Then there are the girls: Gwen and Bessitte--they, too, were given to the vet as kittens--they are real CATS! They kind of look down Dusty and Kyle as being insulting examples of kitties.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:32 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by KJ_Chicago:
Ruth is a long-haired "mutt" that was born in our neighbor's back yard; her parents are both strays.

Ah, you know both myself and my family so very well...

I don't own a cat, but I kind of got one by adoption as my gf has one. She's a calico called Vida and honestly, I think she's a right little madam. I've never met a more vocal cat, which in itself is hilarious because it's so cute. She feels the need to tell you about the happenings of the day the precise moment you walk through the door.

Also, she's demanding. Prima donna. When she wants treats, she wants treats. Doesn't matter if it's 3am and she's shoving her paw in your eye to wake you up...

I'm assuming it's no surprise that an anagram of Vida is "Diva"...

------------------
You know I've been through hell...Joss can't you see, there'll be nothing left of me. You made me believe...
quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:36 pm 
I'm more of a dog person but i love my kitties! I have two, one is a russian blue named Max, the other is a little mutt named Henry(or Hank) and he's brown and black stripes with a marmalade colored tummy. They're both 3 years old.

My doggies name is Kyle, he's a siberian husky and he's just the neatest, i can't wait until he comes to live with my kitties(he's living at my parents house now) I hope they get a long. I have a feeling the cats will rule the house.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:43 pm 
I have a lovely tabby kitty. Her name is Cocoa, which is stunningly original, I know, but I named her when I was five, and chocolate being my favorite food, and her being brown...anyway, she's a wonderful kitty who unfortunaly has to live with my parent's. My apartment doesn't allow pets, and I thought she might be too old to make such a big transition. Oh, well

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:50 pm 
I have two cats. Tigger is an 8 year old male grey tabby who I've had since he was a shy little kitten. Being the quiet one of the litter, he's always been a little aloof. But he loves to sleep on my lap as I'm watching TV. Last year I got him a buddy to hang out with. Her name is Dori and she's just turning 1. Dori looks alot like Greep's cats, only with a little more black around her face. She is totally a cuddler, very affectionate and talkative. The two of them get along wonderfully and enjoy chasing each other around and wrestling. I think Dori's helped Tigger get active and lose some weight even.

Anyway, that's the rundown on my two (my Mom even refers to them as her grandkitties...too cute!)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:52 pm 
Veda- my aunt had a cat named Neeko..

Anyways, my three are
2, 4 year olds named Jake and Ben, and another is their mom and her name is Gabrielle ( Yes she takes after her name sake from Xena, whenever my mother yells at me, she joins in. )

------------------
My heart is cleaver than I am and it knows what to do. ~MC 'Legends of the Kiss'

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 2:04 pm 
No, I don't have a cat. I used to, but had to give her away. She was black and white and sooooooooo cute!! I want a kitten so bad though. They are so sweet and cuddly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 2:33 pm 
LOL Morphine!!!! That's hilarious.

Ahhh....I just love kitties. Mine are my life. One is a big liquid silver coloured tabby/siamese cross who very much has a mind of his own. His name is Merlyn, and when he is mad, wow, watch out! Usually, it's just at me. When I work a lot he trashes my place, and 'spontaneously erupts' as I tolerantly describe it. Sigh. I used to put him in my room when he was younger as 'punishment' because he used to lunge at people's faces and try to dig for China, because he thought it was a game. (REALLY, he IS a total sweety now). I'd go into my room a few minutes later to check on him only to find my desk cleared off, my dresser top cleared off, the blankets pulled off of my bed into a heap in the middle of the floor, and to top it off, since I was still living at home with my parents at the time, I had the litter box in there as well, and he'd flip that over onto the blankets.....he's so lucky I still love him. It's never anything of THAT magnitude now when he has tantrums, but he will look me in the eye with his paw next to a glass on the table when he's ticked and then knock it off. I swear to the Goddess he's grinning when he does that...

My other guy is a big one too. He is pure black, and so I had to name him Salem. He's a bonafied purr/drool machine, but I love him anyway, and while he's not quite as vindictive as his older brother, Merlyn, he gets in his punches. Like when I want to have a cozy bath he bolts right in to join me! (Or, so he thinks. I usually stick to showers, then he'll sit on the side of the tub or at least in front of me, but a bath...nooooooo, he has to be right in there, so I just leave him on his own and end up having a shower instead when HE'S done with the bath tub.)

Most people say I spoil these two too much...pffffft. They are my babies. :-)

Great thread! Gotta brag about our babies. :-) I'd post pictures if I knew how, Merlyn is a total camera hog.

------------------
I'm under your spell
Nothing I can do
You just took my soul with you
You worked your charm so well
Finally I knew
Everything I dreamed was true

--Tara to Willow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 2:38 pm 
I love cats. I have two. One's called meows (even though I named her abby) and is a girl weighing about 22 pounds. She's my fat cat. The other is a boy named max, but I call him booger butt (usually just boo). He likes to play fetch so it's like I kind of have a dog/cat in one. He's cute.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 3:24 pm 
I have two cats one who is a Siamese named Mercedes who will be 13 on May 15, and a stray I found in November who is named Precious. My Siamese was pretty depressed when Precious entered the picture, but now they seem to at least tolerate each other. Mercedes is a very vocal cat and various times people who called my house had thought a baby was crying when it was actually my cat. On the other hand Precious does not make much noise at all, but when she is hungry or at play she makes the cutest squeaking nosises. It's funny Precious was very underweight when we found her, but now is just a little piglet who can't seem to get enough food to eat (I keep thinking one day she will just explode). Just have to say I adore both my cats and I think they have enriched our lives greatly by being in our family.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:10 pm 
I love other people's cats, but I can't take it when they kill birds or small animals. If I get a pet, I'll get one of those cute little pot-bellied pigs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:14 pm 
I have two..Joshua and James who are both about 18 months.

My oldest, Xander who was three, died of a bladder infection a few weeks back.

I also have a 7 month old puppy..Cale.

-Shawn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:37 pm 
VampNo1, I love that name piglet, perhaps that is what i should change my cats name to lol..Methinks i have spoiled her WAY to much, but i cant stand it when she pouts..Chelsea has a really cool bed thingy i got her for her birthday and when shes pouting she will get in it and turn her back to me..Grrrrr argh, guess that means i didnt do what she wanted lol..

Godfather and those whose pets have passed, It is heart wrenching when we lose a pet..i havent had a pet pass since i was a child, i know that if anything happened to Chelsea i would be heartbroken..Dont know if i could bear to get another cat, if i did it would definetly be another calico and i would name her Chance..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 5:41 pm 
I have a cat, I don't know what kind. She has one yellow and one blue eye. She was a stray. How I got her is funny, at least to me, I got home from school and went to get something to eat from the frezzer and when I opened the door she ran by. We have a lot of strays where I live and I usally call them and they run away, but she came right over. We tried to find her owners, but couldn't. It's been only four months and shes a really good cat. I named her slayer It was sad when we found her she really bad off, her feet were chapped and she was covered in flees, which we have gotten somewhat under control, sorry about going on and on, it just makes me mad that people will just throw out a cat.

Gillyana

[This message has been edited by VampWillow (edited March 29, 2002).]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 6:35 pm 
When I moved in with my old roommate, she adopted two kittens- Nala and Katie. I didn't think I was a cat person, but after a year of living with them, I'm smitten. My roommate got custody when we moved out, but I still get visitation sometimes. They are almost two years old, and they are so cute! Katie used to sit in my lap or on my chest when she slept, and Nala was afraid of everything, especially men! As soon as I move to a place where they allow it, I'm adopting my own kitty. They are so much fun to watch, and way more cuddly than I thought they would be. -Grace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 8:44 pm 
Awesome topic!!

I have one cat - he's about 5-1/2 right now...he keeps me "grounded" at times. Since I don't know how to insert a picture, here is the link: http://www.geocities.com/branny72/

------------------
A dream is a wish the heart makes.

Willow: "You had two eggs, sunny-side-up. I remember because they were wiggling at me like little boobs."
Tara: Sassy Eggs.

[This message has been edited by SlayerTazz (edited March 29, 2002).]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 8:59 pm 
I have 3 cats that are my pride and joy. 2 black and white females names Millie (13) and Zoe (12), I also have a tabby ginger female named Meggs (12). I've had Millie and Meggs since they were kittens and I adopted Zoe from my sister when she moved interstate about 5 years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 9:26 pm 
my house might as well be a zoo....as far as cats go, i have 5--cougie, trouble, juliana, michael and patchouli )

------------------
~*i know she's watching that star...gonna twinkle...*~

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 11:24 pm 
This is a great topic! I am a total cat person. I have 2. Data (9) is all black with yellow eyes, and Kermit (7) is black with a white tummy, feet, and chin. They are now very excited, and Data is being quite clingy, because I have been away for a few days.