The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New People, The FAQ, please read!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 10:57 pm 

We think our witches bring the nicest people together, through the purity of their love and in the kindness and respect they have for one another.
We want to continue spreading what W/T have brought in our lives here on the board.
It is with this in mind that we bring you the Kitten Board Manifesto:

We at The Kitten have a policy of respect at all times. Personal insults directed at other board members, or excessive character or actor bashing will result in a warning from the moderators.
Out of this respect for each other as well as the actors and characters in the shows that we discuss, continued violations of the inclusive spirit of the board will result in banning from the Kitten community.

We at The Kitten have a policy of respect at all times. Personal insults directed at other board members, or excessive character or actor bashing will result in a warning from the moderators.
Out of this respect for each other as well as the actors and characters in the shows that we discuss, continued violations of the inclusive spirit of the board will result in banning from the Kitten community.

This FAQ will help all of us have a fantastico time here at the Kitten.
Here are our most frequently asked questions:

1. What is The Kitten The Witches and The Bad Wardrobe?

2. What is on topic?

3. Can I make off topic (OT) posts?

4. Can I post spoilers?

5. Are there any rules for discussing the new episodes?

6. Do you have other posting rules?

7. Can I post pictures?

8. How do you post those smilies?

9. Can I post in HTML?

10. What is UBB code?

11. What can I include in my signature?

12. I am having general Novogate forum problems, what can I do?

13. Do I have to register to post?

14. How do I edit my post?

15. How do I reply with quotes?

16. Hey, I like you folks, can we chat somewhere?

17. Where can I find some sites about Amber Benson, Alyson Hannigan or WT?

18. When does my level change and how can I change my avatar (the little picture under your name)?

19. Is Willow gay or bi?

20. What is ME?

21. Can I talk about the actors' private lives?

The Kitten, as we affectionately call it, is a board dedicated to Willow and Tara from the show Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It has its beginning in the willtara mailing list. When Tara first showed up on Buffy some of us saw the chemistry right away. Shortly a mailing list was created. The more dedicated (read obsessed) began chatting regularly. A dissatisfaction with the chat software at egroups (then onelist) led a few to flee to yahoo. Many a night were spent on yahoo chat groups discussing the minutia of the show. Zelda and Xita grew tired of not having all the wonderful thoughts saved. We were also frustrated with the lack of leadership on willtara.

A quick decision led to the creation of the board at inside the web (problems there led us to novogate, thank you ITW). We would like to thank everyone on chat that night when we all voted on the name. You will never know how many names we came up with. Anyway, mainly we created the board to continue building the bonds of the community we have found through Willow and Tara. Your moderators would like to say that in the years we have spent online we have never found a better community. Willow and Tara bring out the best in us I guess. The kitty is now in the hands of Len, april, xita and Warduke and Dr.G

The community has grown so that is is 2 boards now. Both of which can be found here The general discussion Kitten and Different Colored Pens for fic, wallpapers, videos, etc. We also have a website, The Nether Realms of the kitty board. It contains all kinds of w/t goodies, plus a fan listing of the kitty board. Registration at the nether realms has nothing to do with posting on the board.

2. What is on topic?

Anything having to do with Willow, Tara, Amber Benson or Alyson Hannigan is on topic. Anything general about the show Buffy the Vampire the slayer is also on topic. We are a gay and lesbian friendly board. Any topic of interest to gays and lesbians will be ON topic, one thread per topic. Topics questioning W/T's relationship, lack of chemistry or depth, etc. are NOT welcome. While other topics are welcome remember the focus, Willow and Tara. Don't post things that would go against the credo of the board, w/t love all the time!

Sure! We have a daily thread where OT is welcomed. The thread will either be named Good Morning Miss Kitty Fantastico or Sophomore Level Psychology (they will vary depending on the day of the week, i.e. Happy Friday Miss Kitty Fantastico). This thread is there for us to say hi to each other and to post any OT you want. Anyone can make this morning post. Don't be afraid to do so, just make sure to label it properly and include the day of the week. Feel free to post the thread whenever it is that day in your time zone. But do not post the daily thread more than once a week so that other people get a chance to do so. You may post twice in a week if there is no daily thread by 2pm Pacific Time.

Also OT threads need to be labeled as such.

4. Can I post spoilers?

We are spoilers sluts at the kitten. We love them. We just ask that you put them in the right thread. NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE OF ESTABLISHED SPOILER THREADS! We have a General Spoilers thread that will have all the accumulated spoilers from all sources. Also, every episode will have 3 kinds of spoiler threads. Mini Spoilers S5E1 "title of the ep" is the format to be used for spoilers that are official and come from sources such as UPN, TV Guide and television promos. Full spoiler episodes will be usually posted on Mondays. When starting this thread, it has to be labeled specifically. Complete Spoilers S5E1 - "Name of the Episode". Any spoilers about that episode should be posted there. Multimedia Thread S5E1 "name of the episode," threads can also be started using that format, they will have spoilers by nature. We will edit posts that contain spoilers in non-spoiler threads. Angel has one spoiler thread for all spoilers.

Discussion of new episodes will begin as soon as anyone has seen the full episode. The discussion thread will be labeled Discussion of S5E1 - Name of Episode. To avoid repetition (and to allow everyone the chance to see the episode), all discussions of the episode will remain on this thread. Angel has one discussion thread for all episodes.

Yes we do. Please read these very carefully. READ before you make any posts on the board.

1. Lurk first. To fit into the community find out what makes the kitty tick. Read the board for a couple of weeks before you post to see if you fit into the community then make your first post in the introduction thread (the current link will be at the top of the board).

2. Before jumping into a thread, read the entire thread. The first post in each important thread will have crucial information about what the thread is about and what will and will not be tolerated.

3. One thread per topic. Repeat topics will be closed. Before starting new threads, think is this necessary! Ask yourself, Can I post this in an exisisting thread? Should this go in the spoiler thread? These are good questions to ask.
We work really hard to have as few threads as possible. We want the discussion to not become repetitive or having the same discussion in 2 threads.

4. USE the
search function. You can try and see if your thread has been posted before, if this topic has been covered. Or maybe you want to find an old thread you know was there. When you are in the search utility pay attention to the functions, you can search by user, by date, by topic title. The more specific you are, the better your results will be.

4. Do not change the fonts of your messages. We will edit you if you insist on making all your posts stand out by using different fonts. Different fonts are allowed but only to highlight certain things occassionally. Do not abuse the fonts!

5. Do not quote posts immediately above yours. It's repetitive and we want to keep the board smooth.

6. Avoid posting 2 consecutive posts in the same thread. Try editing your post and adding the additional commentary there. Obviously sometimes double posting is allowed if you are bringing legitimate new info to a thread.

7. If you are posting pictures, make sure you write that on the thread topic.

7. Can I post pictures?

Yes you may post pictures. Just make sure that you include that fact in the subject line. example: New Article - Pictures inside. You can use HTML or UBB Code

. Also make sure they are on your server and don't place too many in one thread.

8. How do you guys post those smilies?

There's a link to the left when you post that pops into a new window and shows you which smilies are supported by novogate. Here are those Smilies. There is also a Crack's Smilies Website that features many more smilies that are easy to use, just copy the code.

9. Can I post in HTML?

Yes.

10. What is UBB code?

UBB code is an alternative to HTML that is used on this board. Easier to remember than HTML, it allows you to do common posting tasks. More complex tasks will require HTML. Learn UBB Code here.

That's up to you. However, for the benefit of quick loading, we are not allowing images. Also, keep them short! You should write up your sig in your profile. In order for it to show on your posts, you have to check the box below the input box in every post you make.

Refer to Novogate's FAQ or email novogate support.

You do not have to be registered to participate. You can lurk and even post without registering. If you do want to have more features and get a posting rank, register!. This is where you want to register your name for posting on the board.

There has been some confusion with the registration at the the nether realms. This is a fan listing and has nothing to do with posting on the board. The nether realms registration is separate and it serves the purpose of being a community data base where you can post your picture and give us details about yourself. If you want your picture added to the Nether Realms, either send me a link to it or mail me a picture with the name you registered with.

Find your post. Then click on this button to edit. You have to be registered to take advantage of this -major typo, code mistake- saving feature. You can register Here

You have 2 ways to reply in a thread. The first is to click on this button located at the top and the bottom of each thread. The other way is to reply to and quote a specific post in a thread. Find the post you want to quote. Then, click on this button . The post will now be ready with the quoted text. You can also edit that text so that only a portion of it shows. When you do that remember to keep the

quote:
tags at the beginning of the quote and the
tags at the end of the quote. Remember, don't quote the post immediately above yours. Learn more about UBB code!

Chat is now at kitten chat yahoo group. It is a different environment than the board, the same rules don't apply. The atmosphere can best be described as ...bitter. We also have a thread with screennames for Instant Message programs

You can find it all in The Kitten Board's Links Page.

18. When does my level change and how can I change my avatar (the little picture under your name)?

Here are the posting levels:

POSTING LEVELS (# of posts needed)-
Blessed Wannabe 1 post

Floating Rose 26 posts

Doll's eye crystal 51 posts

Cool Monster Fighter 126 posts

Willowhand 301 posts

Sassy Eggs 501 posts

Big pineapple 801 posts

Gay Now 1201 posts

Strong like an Amazon 2001 posts

Lesbian Gay Type Lover 4001 posts

Your avatar will change as you change levels. A new picture with each level!

19. Is Willow gay or bi? or Will Willow date boys again?

She's gay. Everyone, writers, actors and the show has said she is gay. Don't ask the question or post a thread about it. The answer to the second question? She's gay, no boys in the future for her, that would mean Oz as well.

20. What is ME and other abbreviations?

Mutant Enemy is Joss Whedon's production company. Here's a complete list of Buffy related Abbreviations. Thanks Kalita

No. The private lives of the actors that work on this show should stay private. Any discussion will come only about anything they decide to make public. There will be no speculation about who Amber is dating, etc.

------------------
"Everthing's just turning out so dark..."
"No, it's okay. Lost is good. Willow and I always know how to find each other!"

It's all about the "lovely lesbian time"

[This message has been edited by xita (edited March 28, 2002).]

IP: Logged

2. What is on topic?

4. Can I post spoilers?

7. Can I post pictures?

9. Can I post in HTML?

10. What is UBB code?

quote:16. Hey, I like you folks, can we chat somewhere?

[This message has been edited by xita (edited March 28, 2002).]IP: LoggedconcreteWillowhand

posted March 17, 2002 02:56               

Okay, I'm not exactly new but....good to read added rule #19!

------------------
It's not so much that I'm always right, it's just that I'm never wrong.....
{pecunia non olet}

posted March 17, 2002 02:56                Okay, I'm not exactly new but....good to read added rule #19!

------------------
{pecunia non olet}
IP: LoggedCiccaCool Monster Fighter

posted March 17, 2002 03:09            

Oh, this is good! I'd been thinking about asking about the Willow stuff in rule 19. Now I won't!
Thanks

posted March 17, 2002 03:09             Oh, this is good! I'd been thinking about asking about the Willow stuff in rule 19. Now I won't!
Thanks
IP: LoggedGraceBlessed Wannabe

posted March 17, 2002 03:16               
I just registered, and I wanted to say hi, and thanks for the really clear explanations of the rules. I just started checking out all of the Buffy sites, even though I have been a HUGE fan for years. I didn't know there were so many boards out there! I'm a little new to technology. I found the kitten board a few days ago, and I love it! I was so crushed when I heard some of the spoilers for the rest of the season, and it was nice to find out that I wasn't alone. I'm so glad I found this board.

posted March 17, 2002 03:16                I just registered, and I wanted to say hi, and thanks for the really clear explanations of the rules. I just started checking out all of the Buffy sites, even though I have been a HUGE fan for years. I didn't know there were so many boards out there! I'm a little new to technology. I found the kitten board a few days ago, and I love it! I was so crushed when I heard some of the spoilers for the rest of the season, and it was nice to find out that I wasn't alone. I'm so glad I found this board.IP: LoggedAutumnTSassy Eggs

posted March 17, 2002 03:32               
quote:
Originally posted by xita:
19. Is Willow gay or bi?

She's gay. Everyone, writers, actors and the show has said she is gay. Don't ask the question or post a thread about it.

It's amazing this even needs to be stated here, but give the number of times this has been cluelessly inflicted on us ad nauseum I am very very glad to see it in the FAQ. Now only if we could get newbies to actually read the FAQ my life would be complete.

HELLO GAY NOW.

------------------
Autumn

I have the sudden urge to dedicate my productive cooperation.

quote:
19. Is Willow gay or bi?

She's gay. Everyone, writers, actors and the show has said she is gay. Don't ask the question or post a thread about it.

It's amazing this even needs to be stated here, but give the number of times this has been cluelessly inflicted on us ad nauseum I am very very glad to see it in the FAQ. Now only if we could get newbies to actually read the FAQ my life would be complete.

HELLO GAY NOW.

------------------
Autumn

I have the sudden urge to dedicate my productive cooperation.quote:19. Is Willow gay or bi?

IP: LoggedmaudmacDoll's Eye Crystal

posted March 17, 2002 04:27            

Man, I'll tell you what. I lurked here long and hard and when I felt motivated to actually start posting, I swear I read the FAQ ten times.

I'm still sort of new, I know, but there are some other things that might be good for newbies to know, especially those who've only recently become fans of the show and/or don't have much posting/lurking experience on BTVS boards. One is an explanation of what "ME" means and a brief explanation of some of the other abbreviations they're likely to encounter here (JW, MN, SMG, AB, AH, NB, etc.) Also maybe a brief glossary? Defining the concepts of "shipper" and "canon" perhaps.

Another thing that might help is a request to actually read the posts in a thread before posting.

It kinda grates my cheese a little when someone says, "I didn't have time to read all the posts, so I hope I'm not repeating anything, but..." (And, wouldn't you know, 80% of the time, they are repeating but adding nothing new.) My view is, if you've got time to post your own thoughts (which you'll no doubt expect everyone to read), you've got time to read everyone else's.

Having said all that, mods and monitors, y'all do a fantastic job with the Kitten. There is no place I'd rather be.

Slightly OT: I'm not making this up! I DREAMED the Kitten board last night! You know, like how if you play a video game for waaaay too long, you still see it when you close your eyes? Yep. That was me. I wish I could remember what the posts I dreamed said. It was probably terribly important.

posted March 17, 2002 04:27             Man, I'll tell you what. I lurked here long and hard and when I felt motivated to actually start posting, I swear I read the FAQ ten times.

I'm still sort of new, I know, but there are some other things that might be good for newbies to know, especially those who've only recently become fans of the show and/or don't have much posting/lurking experience on BTVS boards. One is an explanation of what "ME" means and a brief explanation of some of the other abbreviations they're likely to encounter here (JW, MN, SMG, AB, AH, NB, etc.) Also maybe a brief glossary? Defining the concepts of "shipper" and "canon" perhaps.

Another thing that might help is a request to actually read the posts in a thread before posting.

It kinda grates my cheese a little when someone says, "I didn't have time to read all the posts, so I hope I'm not repeating anything, but..." (And, wouldn't you know, 80% of the time, they are repeating but adding nothing new.) My view is, if you've got time to post your own thoughts (which you'll no doubt expect everyone to read), you've got time to read everyone else's.

Having said all that, mods and monitors, y'all do a fantastic job with the Kitten. There is no place I'd rather be.

Slightly OT: I'm not making this up! I DREAMED the Kitten board last night! You know, like how if you play a video game for waaaay too long, you still see it when you close your eyes? Yep. That was me. I wish I could remember what the posts I dreamed said. It was probably terribly important.IP: LoggedAutumnTSassy Eggs

posted March 17, 2002 05:24               

quote:
Originally posted by maudmac:
My view is, if you've got time to post your own thoughts (which you'll no doubt expect everyone to read), you've got time to read everyone else's.

Amen. In my opinion nothing is more rude than demanding we read what you have to say without bothering to do your homework or see what we have to say. Saying "I can't read all the posts in this thread but you should read my opinion" is amazingly arrogant. Anyone that loves Willow KNOWS that homework is important.

Joining any online community is actually easy. I've done it many times. You lurk and learn about how the community works. You decide whether you fit in with the established community. If you do, you post via the rules after reading what the community has to say. You do not try to make it bend to your will. You do not decide you are right and the established community is wrong. You do not try to make the long established community ALL ABOUT YOU. You do not tell the established community that they are wrong and you, the unregistered voice of reason is right. If you have that need get the hell over yourself and move onto another board. Trust me there are plenty of places you will fit in. Not here.

It's really easy to fit in if you look around and understand. Soon you too will be part of "the club" because you respect that you are coming into an established environment.

I was a newbie at the kitten not so long ago. The kitten board is not anti-newbie at all. Quite the opposite. It just appreciates folks that take the time to bother to actually understand what it is about before telling people how they should think. They appreciate someone that thinks before they post. How is that wrong?

So I rambled. I love this place. I wish everyone would give it the respect it deserves. It is so easy to do so.

------------------
Autumn

quote:
My view is, if you've got time to post your own thoughts (which you'll no doubt expect everyone to read), you've got time to read everyone else's.

Amen. In my opinion nothing is more rude than demanding we read what you have to say without bothering to do your homework or see what we have to say. Saying "I can't read all the posts in this thread but you should read my opinion" is amazingly arrogant. Anyone that loves Willow KNOWS that homework is important.

Joining any online community is actually easy. I've done it many times. You lurk and learn about how the community works. You decide whether you fit in with the established community. If you do, you post via the rules after reading what the community has to say. You do not try to make it bend to your will. You do not decide you are right and the established community is wrong. You do not try to make the long established community ALL ABOUT YOU. You do not tell the established community that they are wrong and you, the unregistered voice of reason is right. If you have that need get the hell over yourself and move onto another board. Trust me there are plenty of places you will fit in. Not here.

It's really easy to fit in if you look around and understand. Soon you too will be part of "the club" because you respect that you are coming into an established environment.

I was a newbie at the kitten not so long ago. The kitten board is not anti-newbie at all. Quite the opposite. It just appreciates folks that take the time to bother to actually understand what it is about before telling people how they should think. They appreciate someone that thinks before they post. How is that wrong?

So I rambled. I love this place. I wish everyone would give it the respect it deserves. It is so easy to do so.

------------------
Autumn

I have the sudden urge to dedicate my productive cooperation.quote:IP: LoggedEpicurusWillowhand

posted March 17, 2002 06:45               

AutumnT, you took the thoughts right outta my head.

I've read the FAQ before but it's always nice to refresh.

posted March 17, 2002 06:45                AutumnT, you took the thoughts right outta my head.

I've read the FAQ before but it's always nice to refresh. IP: LoggedRomanceJunkyWillowhand

posted March 17, 2002 08:43               

Loved seeing this posted this way, Esp. with the shear number of new kittens we seem to have gotten in the last week.

RJ...welcome to all the new kitties!

------------------
"Next year...shits gonna go down...her relationship with Tara will continue---but the course of True Love is never easy."
Joss Whedon-"OUT" magazine, August 2001

posted March 17, 2002 08:43                Loved seeing this posted this way, Esp. with the shear number of new kittens we seem to have gotten in the last week.

------------------
"Next year...shits gonna go down...her relationship with Tara will continue---but the course of True Love is never easy."
IP: LoggedsupermusCool Monster Fighter

posted March 17, 2002 08:56            

quote:

In most cases you do, but some threads are 30/40 pages, which takes a few hours to read. And the spoiler thread, non-spoiler thread, and the episodes thread all have past pages, should people read those?

------------------
Spike: I say we go out there and kick a little demon ass! What, can't go without your Buffy, is that it? Too chicken? Let's find her! She is the Chosen One after all. Come on! Vampires! Grrr! Nasty! Let's annihilate them. For justice - and for - the safety of puppies and Christmas, right? Let's *fight* that evil! - Let's *kill* something!

"And of course you can't become if you only say what you would've done. So I missed a million miles of fun"

quote:

In most cases you do, but some threads are 30/40 pages, which takes a few hours to read. And the spoiler thread, non-spoiler thread, and the episodes thread all have past pages, should people read those?

------------------
Spike: I say we go out there and kick a little demon ass! What, can't go without your Buffy, is that it? Too chicken? Let's find her! She is the Chosen One after all. Come on! Vampires! Grrr! Nasty! Let's annihilate them. For justice - and for - the safety of puppies and Christmas, right? Let's *fight* that evil! - Let's *kill* something!

"And of course you can't become if you only say what you would've done. So I missed a million miles of fun"quote:IP: LoggedHuginMs. Moderator
Fantastico

Ms. Moderator
Fantastico
posted March 17, 2002 09:32               

Supermus, I understand. But, I've seen people (commonly, depressingly commonly) repeat as if new-and-startling a thought expressed on the same page they posted, and not in that "oh we posted the same thing simultaniously great minds think alike ha ha" kind of way.

I'll discuss with Xita later, but personally, I'd like everyone to read the first post/page of the thread they're posting in, which often contains important information about the real nature of the thread from the moderators or the thread originator, plus the past three pages or past couple of days (by posting date) of posting to get a feel for the flow of the conversation.

I don't think it's so much that we expect everyone to read hundreds and hundreds of posts. It's just that so many people post who clearly either read the last page only (maybe), or even just the thread title and decided to dive right in. They then call attention to themselves by specifically saying "I have no idea what's been going on, and don't have the time/energy/interest to do so, but I'll say my piece anyway."

Something like "I'm know I'm coming in late to this, apologies if it's redundant, but I was thinking 'blah'. Does anyone think that's meaningful, or am I missing something? Is this an old idea?" is less bothersome. (at least to me)

Yeah, it amounts to the same thing, but at least it's not rubbing people's noses in the poster's seeming lack of interest in anything but thier own thoughts.

Besides, you're probably going to be involved with this community for days or weeks or months. A few hours to catch up so you don't make a bad impression with the first thing you post is worth it, I think. There are only a few threads so hugely long anyway. If your thought is truly new and exciting it will still be so when you're really ready to contribute properly. No one gets extra points for speed, and a smart, relevant post on Friday makes you look twenty times better than something off the top of your head on Tuesday.

Frankly, my bigger concern is folks posting with a basic sense of context.

Hm. This is a Willow and Tara board. If that's the focus, they may care about Willow and Tara slightly more than the other folks on Buffy....Nah, I'll post a long essay as to why some other character is more important than Willow or Tara, I posted the essay everywhere else in Buffy fandom, they'll understand.*boot*

-or-

Hm. This is a Willow and Tara board. Willow and Tara are gay. The folks here might be gay too. Or they may like gay people....Nah, I'll post something homophobic anyway, because I'm talking about yucky gay men, not hot lesbian chicks, they'll understand.*boot*

-or-

Hm. This is a Willow and Tara board. All of the pictures are of Willow and Tara hugging and kissing and smiling at each other. Maybe they prefer Willow and Tara involved with each other over than other characters on Buffy...Nah, I'll post about how Willow and Tara are awesome....but not quite as awesome as Willow/Oz or Willow/Buffy would be. They see it too, I can feel it.*boot*

Ah. That felt good.

-len

[This message has been edited by Hugin (edited March 17, 2002).]

posted March 17, 2002 09:32                Supermus, I understand. But, I've seen people (commonly, depressingly commonly) repeat as if new-and-startling a thought expressed on the same page they posted, and not in that "oh we posted the same thing simultaniously great minds think alike ha ha" kind of way.

I'll discuss with Xita later, but personally, I'd like everyone to read the first post/page of the thread they're posting in, which often contains important information about the real nature of the thread from the moderators or the thread originator, plus the past three pages or past couple of days (by posting date) of posting to get a feel for the flow of the conversation.

I don't think it's so much that we expect everyone to read hundreds and hundreds of posts. It's just that so many people post who clearly either read the last page only (maybe), or even just the thread title and decided to dive right in. They then call attention to themselves by specifically saying "I have no idea what's been going on, and don't have the time/energy/interest to do so, but I'll say my piece anyway."

Something like "I'm know I'm coming in late to this, apologies if it's redundant, but I was thinking 'blah'. Does anyone think that's meaningful, or am I missing something? Is this an old idea?" is less bothersome. (at least to me)

Yeah, it amounts to the same thing, but at least it's not rubbing people's noses in the poster's seeming lack of interest in anything but thier own thoughts.

Besides, you're probably going to be involved with this community for days or weeks or months. A few hours to catch up so you don't make a bad impression with the first thing you post is worth it, I think. There are only a few threads so hugely long anyway. If your thought is truly new and exciting it will still be so when you're really ready to contribute properly. No one gets extra points for speed, and a smart, relevant post on Friday makes you look twenty times better than something off the top of your head on Tuesday.

Hm. This is a Willow and Tara board. If that's the focus, they may care about Willow and Tara slightly more than the other folks on Buffy....Nah, I'll post a long essay as to why some other character is more important than Willow or Tara, I posted the essay everywhere else in Buffy fandom, they'll understand.*boot*

-or-

Hm. This is a Willow and Tara board. Willow and Tara are gay. The folks here might be gay too. Or they may like gay people....Nah, I'll post something homophobic anyway, because I'm talking about yucky gay men, not hot lesbian chicks, they'll understand.*boot*

-or-

Hm. This is a Willow and Tara board. All of the pictures are of Willow and Tara hugging and kissing and smiling at each other. Maybe they prefer Willow and Tara involved with each other over than other characters on Buffy...Nah, I'll post about how Willow and Tara are awesome....but not quite as awesome as Willow/Oz or Willow/Buffy would be. They see it too, I can feel it.*boot*

Ah. That felt good.

-len

[This message has been edited by Hugin (edited March 17, 2002).]IP: LoggedDr.GLesbian Gay Type Lover

posted March 17, 2002 09:36               

quote:
Originally posted by supermus:

If you are going to ask a question that has been asked to death then yeah, you should. If you want people to read and reply to your posts, then give the same courtesy to others, besides it would save some space if certain questions did not need to be answered time after time.

Well, I have been away for almost 48 hours, I guess I better start catching up now.

I think I will make #19 my sig.

*editing to add: Oh hee hee Len, we posted at almost the same time, great mind think alike, only I am more eloquent of course.

I think I will make you my sig instead.

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited March 17, 2002).]

quote:

If you are going to ask a question that has been asked to death then yeah, you should. If you want people to read and reply to your posts, then give the same courtesy to others, besides it would save some space if certain questions did not need to be answered time after time.

Well, I have been away for almost 48 hours, I guess I better start catching up now.

*editing to add: Oh hee hee Len, we posted at almost the same time, great mind think alike, only I am more eloquent of course.

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited March 17, 2002).]quote:IP: LoggedWeb WarlockSassy Eggs

posted March 17, 2002 09:42               

How about question 19b. Will Willow ever get back with Oz?
Answer: See Question 19.

Warlock.

------------------
Web Warlock
web.warlock@attbi.com webwarlock@planetadnd.com
Author, the Netbooks of Witches and Warlocks
The Other Side: http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/
Shadow Earth Games: http://www.rpghost.com/WebWarlock/
The FanCC: http://www.enworld.org/fancc/
--
"And remember, if you hurt her, I will beat you to death with a shovel.
A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend." - Willow.

[This message has been edited by Web Warlock (edited March 17, 2002).]

posted March 17, 2002 09:42                How about question 19b. Will Willow ever get back with Oz?

Warlock.

------------------
Web Warlock
--

[This message has been edited by Web Warlock (edited March 17, 2002).]IP: LoggedxitaMs. Moderator
Fantastico

Ms. Moderator
Fantastico
posted March 17, 2002 11:44               

Oh some of these are great. I like to think of it as a work in progress and would not mind adding more questions. The ME one plus the suggestion to read before you post are 2 that I will add. Maybe I'll make a questions about Buffy one that can go below the board questions that can include the willow gay one, the ME one and the oz one.

posted March 17, 2002 11:44                Oh some of these are great. I like to think of it as a work in progress and would not mind adding more questions. The ME one plus the suggestion to read before you post are 2 that I will add. Maybe I'll make a questions about Buffy one that can go below the board questions that can include the willow gay one, the ME one and the oz one.IP: LoggedGODisTiggerSassy Eggs

posted March 17, 2002 11:59               
quote:
Originally posted by AutumnT:
You do not try to make the long established community ALL ABOUT YOU.

You don't?

Oops!

D

------------------
They have Dial-A-Prayer for atheists now. You call up but nobody answers.

quote:

You don't?

Oops!

D

------------------
quote:IP: LoggedAutumnTSassy Eggs

posted March 17, 2002 12:52               

quote:

Yes.

------------------
Autumn

quote:

Yes.

------------------
Autumn

I have the sudden urge to dedicate my productive cooperation.quote:IP: LoggedwiccieSassy Eggs

posted March 17, 2002 13:52               

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The Mods rock, this board rocks, and now the Clued-In Newbies will rock, too.

posted March 17, 2002 13:52                Thank you, thank you, thank you! The Mods rock, this board rocks, and now the Clued-In Newbies will rock, too. IP: LoggedAutumnTSassy Eggs

posted March 17, 2002 14:04               
You may also want to include something about the search functionality as it helps avoid repetition. It's easy to see if something has been covered before by using it.

------------------
Autumn

posted March 17, 2002 14:04                You may also want to include something about the search functionality as it helps avoid repetition. It's easy to see if something has been covered before by using it.

------------------
Autumn

I have the sudden urge to dedicate my productive cooperation.IP: LoggedKieliBig Pineapple

posted March 17, 2002 14:22               

Actually, I beg to differ about the search functionality. I've tried to use it on various occasions and it has not often worked the way I had expected. I still had to go and search by hand because it missed a whole gap within the search method. *sigh* And I don't necessarily agree that everyone should have to read through forty pages of posts. No one really has that kind of time (unless they have nothing else better to do than sit on their computer for several hours a day to read nothing but posts). I try to get the abbreviated version of things or ask another fellow kitten to give me a summary if possible.

I don't post very often but, when I do, I try to respect the fact that others may have already said what I might have missed. *shrug* It happens. Newbies will invariably make mistakes. I agree mostly with what Len said. I have found it rather interesting and overwhelming at the same time with the influx of new people. I'm glad Xita decided to repost the FAQs. Hopefully, it will make newbie transition from newcomer to Kitten family member more smooth.

Toni

------------------
"Sometimes, we just can't make it on our own. We all need someone to love us, to help remind us that there's good in the world, to keep us from going crazy."

Willow from Dacia's The Dreamer Awakes

posted March 17, 2002 14:22                Actually, I beg to differ about the search functionality. I've tried to use it on various occasions and it has not often worked the way I had expected. I still had to go and search by hand because it missed a whole gap within the search method. *sigh* And I don't necessarily agree that everyone should have to read through forty pages of posts. No one really has that kind of time (unless they have nothing else better to do than sit on their computer for several hours a day to read nothing but posts). I try to get the abbreviated version of things or ask another fellow kitten to give me a summary if possible.

I don't post very often but, when I do, I try to respect the fact that others may have already said what I might have missed. *shrug* It happens. Newbies will invariably make mistakes. I agree mostly with what Len said. I have found it rather interesting and overwhelming at the same time with the influx of new people. I'm glad Xita decided to repost the FAQs. Hopefully, it will make newbie transition from newcomer to Kitten family member more smooth.

Toni

------------------
"Sometimes, we just can't make it on our own. We all need someone to love us, to help remind us that there's good in the world, to keep us from going crazy."

Willow from Dacia's The Dreamer AwakesIP: LoggedMorphineDoll's Eye Crystal

posted March 17, 2002 14:25               

Hi everyone... Newbie with a question...

I have read the FAQ thouroughly (twice now!) but I have two short questions...

1. Is it wrong on the Kitten board to post the address of sites including "illegal" material, I know there's an All-Purpose Multimedia thread (extremly useful, by the way!), but I was referring to a site with shooting scripts and such... some boards say no, some say yes...

2. I know lots of people here for whom English is not the native tongue (I'm french-canadian). Would it be possible to make an International Kitten Thread or would that be too hard to moderate? Or am I just trying to shape the board to my taste? *winks at AutumnT*

Thank you for your time... And this truly is a great place!

Edited because I'm coming down with a severe case of the typos...

------------------
Tara: No, see, 'cause your insect reflection represents your insignificance... in terms of the karmic cycle.

[This message has been edited by Morphine (edited March 17, 2002).]

posted March 17, 2002 14:25                Hi everyone... Newbie with a question...

1. Is it wrong on the Kitten board to post the address of sites including "illegal" material, I know there's an All-Purpose Multimedia thread (extremly useful, by the way!), but I was referring to a site with shooting scripts and such... some boards say no, some say yes...

2. I know lots of people here for whom English is not the native tongue (I'm french-canadian). Would it be possible to make an International Kitten Thread or would that be too hard to moderate? Or am I just trying to shape the board to my taste? *winks at AutumnT*

------------------
Tara: No, see, 'cause your insect reflection represents your insignificance... in terms of the karmic cycle.

[This message has been edited by Morphine (edited March 17, 2002).]IP: LoggedBlue77Doll's Eye Crystal

posted March 17, 2002 14:29               

Just wanted to say I found this post really helpful. I agree that people should read the posts because it's annoying when they're repetitive.

Especially when I have a really bad hangover like today, it had something to do with glasses of clear liquid last night, what was it called again, was it vodka?

And now I feel and a little after forcing down a Sunday lunch not to offend my mother, okay it was because I didn't want to hear the 'I told you so' thing ... just don't me right? Cause the room's and is it very obvious that I've just discovered how to use the smiles?

Anyway, one thing I wanted to know was how do you change your signature? I've noticed that other users change it daily and call me stupid but I don't know how?!? Please help

** Vodka's not the SOURCE of me!!! **

Oh, I'm floating rose now - cool!!!

[This message has been edited by Blue77 (edited March 17, 2002).]

posted March 17, 2002 14:29                Just wanted to say I found this post really helpful. I agree that people should read the posts because it's annoying when they're repetitive.

Especially when I have a really bad hangover like today, it had something to do with glasses of clear liquid last night, what was it called again, was it vodka?

And now I feel and a little after forcing down a Sunday lunch not to offend my mother, okay it was because I didn't want to hear the 'I told you so' thing ... just don't me right? Cause the room's and is it very obvious that I've just discovered how to use the smiles?

Anyway, one thing I wanted to know was how do you change your signature? I've noticed that other users change it daily and call me stupid but I don't know how?!? Please help

[This message has been edited by Blue77 (edited March 17, 2002).]IP: LoggedxitaMs. Moderator
Fantastico

Ms. Moderator
Fantastico
posted March 17, 2002 14:33               

I don't actually have a position on that. I think if it is your site post it, if not hold off on it. We don't want the sites shut down, I am not sure if that should be part of the FAQ or not.

As far as the international kitty thing, it is tough to moderate as we don't speak all the languages and would never know if people are following the FAQ.

But we did have a thread that celebrated international love for WT and it is here. Feel free to revive it.

Which brings me to the last part, the search functionality. It is extremely useful. I just found that thread without much effort. Well, I remembered the title for one. I remembered it had something to do with around the world, so I did a search for topic titles only and put it "around the world." I came up with only one result and that was what I needed. So I think the more you use it, the better results you get. The more specific you can be the better results you'll get.

When you posts threads, think of titles that will make it easier to find. Garfield is trying to fix old threads but for new threads we change titles to make it easier for us to find them later. You can also search by user and you can come up with results. I have only encountered one search problem where I couldn't find something that was there and that was on the Pens board. I am still trouble shooting that one.

BLUE It's in the FAQ check your profile.

And everyone else, I have updated the FAQ with your suggestions, everything except the "copywrited" sites stuff, I am still working on that one.

[This message has been edited by xita (edited March 17, 2002).]

posted March 17, 2002 14:33                I don't actually have a position on that. I think if it is your site post it, if not hold off on it. We don't want the sites shut down, I am not sure if that should be part of the FAQ or not.

As far as the international kitty thing, it is tough to moderate as we don't speak all the languages and would never know if people are following the FAQ.

But we did have a thread that celebrated international love for WT and it is here. Feel free to revive it.

Which brings me to the last part, the search functionality. It is extremely useful. I just found that thread without much effort. Well, I remembered the title for one. I remembered it had something to do with around the world, so I did a search for topic titles only and put it "around the world." I came up with only one result and that was what I needed. So I think the more you use it, the better results you get. The more specific you can be the better results you'll get.

When you posts threads, think of titles that will make it easier to find. Garfield is trying to fix old threads but for new threads we change titles to make it easier for us to find them later. You can also search by user and you can come up with results. I have only encountered one search problem where I couldn't find something that was there and that was on the Pens board. I am still trouble shooting that one.

And everyone else, I have updated the FAQ with your suggestions, everything except the "copywrited" sites stuff, I am still working on that one.

[This message has been edited by xita (edited March 17, 2002).]IP: LoggedWillowhandFloating Rose

posted March 17, 2002 14:36               

quote:
Originally posted by concrete:
....good to read added rule #19!

Very good! *Nod*

quote:

Very good! *Nod*

quote:IP: LoggedKieliBig Pineapple

posted March 17, 2002 15:04               

My bad, Xita. I should've been more specific about my search problem. I had assumed that, since I was having major search problems on the Pens that it was the same here on the general board. Alas, I have come down with a case of Foot in Mouth Disease. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

My personal opinion is that even old timers sometimes repeat posts. *shrug* It happens. They can be a little frustrating but I guess I'm more understanding about these things since I don't have a million hours to read through every single thread. My time is a little constricted because I am attempting to work full time and take my Masters. So short and sweet has become my mantra.

------------------

posted March 17, 2002 15:04                My bad, Xita. I should've been more specific about my search problem. I had assumed that, since I was having major search problems on the Pens that it was the same here on the general board. Alas, I have come down with a case of Foot in Mouth Disease. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

My personal opinion is that even old timers sometimes repeat posts. *shrug* It happens. They can be a little frustrating but I guess I'm more understanding about these things since I don't have a million hours to read through every single thread. My time is a little constricted because I am attempting to work full time and take my Masters. So short and sweet has become my mantra.

------------------

Willow from Dacia's The Dreamer AwakesIP: LoggedxitaMs. Moderator
Fantastico

Ms. Moderator
Fantastico
posted March 17, 2002 15:12               

Well, we are all short on time, if you knew how little I slept Not reading the entire thread will get you in hot water quickly, you may get short or rude replies by people who do read it.

Len made an excellent post. On how to post if you haven't read the whole thing (it is all in the wording of your post), or at least reading a few pages beforehand. Only a few threads are huge, and only the spoiler thread gets so much posting that is pretty hard to keep up with.

posted March 17, 2002 15:12                Well, we are all short on time, if you knew how little I slept Not reading the entire thread will get you in hot water quickly, you may get short or rude replies by people who do read it.

Len made an excellent post. On how to post if you haven't read the whole thing (it is all in the wording of your post), or at least reading a few pages beforehand. Only a few threads are huge, and only the spoiler thread gets so much posting that is pretty hard to keep up with.

The Kitten, The Witches and The Bad Wardrobe's Board Manifesto

We think our witches bring the nicest people together, through the purity of their love and in the kindness and respect they have for one another.
We want to continue spreading what W/T have brought in our lives here on the board.
It is with this in mind that we bring you the Kitten Board Manifesto:

The Kitten, The Witches and The Bad Wardrobe's FAQ

This FAQ will help all of us have a fantastico time here at the Kitten.
Here are our most frequently asked questions:

2. What is on topic?

4. Can I post spoilers?

7. Can I post pictures?

8. How do you post those smilies?

9. Can I post in HTML?

10. What is UBB code?

19. Is Willow gay or bi?

20. What is ME?

The Kitten, as we affectionately call it, is a board dedicated to Willow and Tara from the show Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It has its beginning in the willtara mailing list. When Tara first showed up on Buffy some of us saw the chemistry right away. Shortly a mailing list was created. The more dedicated (read obsessed) began chatting regularly. A dissatisfaction with the chat software at egroups (then onelist) led a few to flee to yahoo. Many a night were spent on yahoo chat groups discussing the minutia of the show. Zelda and Xita grew tired of not having all the wonderful thoughts saved. We were also frustrated with the lack of leadership on willtara.

A quick decision led to the creation of the board at inside the web (problems there led us to novogate, thank you ITW). We would like to thank everyone on chat that night when we all voted on the name. You will never know how many names we came up with. Anyway, mainly we created the board to continue building the bonds of the community we have found through Willow and Tara. Your moderators would like to say that in the years we have spent online we have never found a better community. Willow and Tara bring out the best in us I guess. The kitty is now in the hands of Len, april, xita and Warduke and Dr.G

The community has grown so that is is 2 boards now. Both of which can be found here The general discussion Kitten and Different Colored Pens for fic, wallpapers, videos, etc. We also have a website, The Nether Realms of the kitty board. It contains all kinds of w/t goodies, plus a fan listing of the kitty board. Registration at the nether realms has nothing to do with posting on the board.

2. What is on topic?

Anything having to do with Willow, Tara, Amber Benson or Alyson Hannigan is on topic. Anything general about the show Buffy the Vampire the slayer is also on topic. We are a gay and lesbian friendly board. Any topic of interest to gays and lesbians will be ON topic, one thread per topic. Topics questioning W/T's relationship, lack of chemistry or depth, etc. are NOT welcome. While other topics are welcome remember the focus, Willow and Tara. Don't post things that would go against the credo of the board, w/t love all the time!

Sure! We have a daily thread where OT is welcomed. The thread will either be named Good Morning Miss Kitty Fantastico or Sophomore Level Psychology (they will vary depending on the day of the week, i.e. Happy Friday Miss Kitty Fantastico). This thread is there for us to say hi to each other and to post any OT you want. Anyone can make this morning post. Don't be afraid to do so, just make sure to label it properly and include the day of the week. Feel free to post the thread whenever it is that day in your time zone. But do not post the daily thread more than once a week so that other people get a chance to do so. You may post twice in a week if there is no daily thread by 2pm Pacific Time.

Also OT threads need to be labeled as such.

4. Can I post spoilers?

We are spoilers sluts at the kitten. We love them. We just ask that you put them in the right thread. NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE OF ESTABLISHED SPOILER THREADS! We have a General Spoilers thread that will have all the accumulated spoilers from all sources. Also, every episode will have 3 kinds of spoiler threads. Mini Spoilers S5E1 "title of the ep" is the format to be used for spoilers that are official and come from sources such as UPN, TV Guide and television promos. Full spoiler episodes will be usually posted on Mondays. When starting this thread, it has to be labeled specifically. Complete Spoilers S5E1 - "Name of the Episode". Any spoilers about that episode should be posted there. Multimedia Thread S5E1 "name of the episode," threads can also be started using that format, they will have spoilers by nature. We will edit posts that contain spoilers in non-spoiler threads. Angel has one spoiler thread for all spoilers.

Discussion of new episodes will begin as soon as anyone has seen the full episode. The discussion thread will be labeled Discussion of S5E1 - Name of Episode. To avoid repetition (and to allow everyone the chance to see the episode), all discussions of the episode will remain on this thread. Angel has one discussion thread for all episodes.

Yes we do. Please read these very carefully. READ before you make any posts on the board.

1. Lurk first. To fit into the community find out what makes the kitty tick. Read the board for a couple of weeks before you post to see if you fit into the community then make your first post in the introduction thread (the current link will be at the top of the board).

2. Before jumping into a thread, read the entire thread. The first post in each important thread will have crucial information about what the thread is about and what will and will not be tolerated.

3. One thread per topic. Repeat topics will be closed. Before starting new threads, think is this necessary! Ask yourself, Can I post this in an exisisting thread? Should this go in the spoiler thread? These are good questions to ask.
We work really hard to have as few threads as possible. We want the discussion to not become repetitive or having the same discussion in 2 threads.

4. USE the
search function. You can try and see if your thread has been posted before, if this topic has been covered. Or maybe you want to find an old thread you know was there. When you are in the search utility pay attention to the functions, you can search by user, by date, by topic title. The more specific you are, the better your results will be.

4. Do not change the fonts of your messages. We will edit you if you insist on making all your posts stand out by using different fonts. Different fonts are allowed but only to highlight certain things occassionally. Do not abuse the fonts!

5. Do not quote posts immediately above yours. It's repetitive and we want to keep the board smooth.

6. Avoid posting 2 consecutive posts in the same thread. Try editing your post and adding the additional commentary there. Obviously sometimes double posting is allowed if you are bringing legitimate new info to a thread.

7. If you are posting pictures, make sure you write that on the thread topic.

7. Can I post pictures?

Yes you may post pictures. Just make sure that you include that fact in the subject line. example: New Article - Pictures inside. You can use HTML or UBB Code

. Also make sure they are on your server and don't place too many in one thread.

There's a link to the left when you post that pops into a new window and shows you which smilies are supported by novogate. Here are those Smilies. There is also a Crack's Smilies Website that features many more smilies that are easy to use, just copy the code.

9. Can I post in HTML?

Yes.

10. What is UBB code?

UBB code is an alternative to HTML that is used on this board. Easier to remember than HTML, it allows you to do common posting tasks. More complex tasks will require HTML. Learn UBB Code here.

That's up to you. However, for the benefit of quick loading, we are not allowing images. Also, keep them short! You should write up your sig in your profile. In order for it to show on your posts, you have to check the box below the input box in every post you make.

Refer to Novogate's FAQ or email novogate support.

You do not have to be registered to participate. You can lurk and even post without registering. If you do want to have more features and get a posting rank, register!. This is where you want to register your name for posting on the board.

There has been some confusion with the registration at the the nether realms. This is a fan listing and has nothing to do with posting on the board. The nether realms registration is separate and it serves the purpose of being a community data base where you can post your picture and give us details about yourself. If you want your picture added to the Nether Realms, either send me a link to it or mail me a picture with the name you registered with.

Find your post. Then click on this button to edit. You have to be registered to take advantage of this -major typo, code mistake- saving feature. You can register Here

You have 2 ways to reply in a thread. The first is to click on this button located at the top and the bottom of each thread. The other way is to reply to and quote a specific post in a thread. Find the post you want to quote. Then, click on this button . The post will now be ready with the quoted text. You can also edit that text so that only a portion of it shows. When you do that remember to keep the

quote:
tags at the beginning of the quote and the
tags at the end of the quote. Remember, don't quote the post immediately above yours. Learn more about UBB code!

Chat is now at kitten chat yahoo group. It is a different environment than the board, the same rules don't apply. The atmosphere can best be described as ...bitter. We also have a thread with screennames for Instant Message programs

You can find it all in The Kitten Board's Links Page.

Here are the posting levels:

POSTING LEVELS (# of posts needed)-
Blessed Wannabe 1 post

Floating Rose 26 posts

Doll's eye crystal 51 posts

Cool Monster Fighter 126 posts

Willowhand 301 posts

Sassy Eggs 501 posts

Big pineapple 801 posts

Gay Now 1201 posts

Strong like an Amazon 2001 posts

Lesbian Gay Type Lover 4001 posts

Your avatar will change as you change levels. A new picture with each level!

She's gay. Everyone, writers, actors and the show has said she is gay. Don't ask the question or post a thread about it. The answer to the second question? She's gay, no boys in the future for her, that would mean Oz as well.

Mutant Enemy is Joss Whedon's production company. Here's a complete list of Buffy related Abbreviations. Thanks Kalita

No. The private lives of the actors that work on this show should stay private. Any discussion will come only about anything they decide to make public. There will be no speculation about who Amber is dating, etc.

------------------
"Everthing's just turning out so dark..."
"No, it's okay. Lost is good. Willow and I always know how to find each other!"

It's all about the "lovely lesbian time"

[This message has been edited by xita (edited March 28, 2002).]

concrete
Willowhand

------------------
{pecunia non olet}

Cicca
Cool Monster Fighter

Oh, this is good! I'd been thinking about asking about the Willow stuff in rule 19. Now I won't!
Thanks

Grace
Blessed Wannabe

I just registered, and I wanted to say hi, and thanks for the really clear explanations of the rules. I just started checking out all of the Buffy sites, even though I have been a HUGE fan for years. I didn't know there were so many boards out there! I'm a little new to technology. I found the kitten board a few days ago, and I love it! I was so crushed when I heard some of the spoilers for the rest of the season, and it was nice to find out that I wasn't alone. I'm so glad I found this board.

AutumnT
Sassy Eggs

quote:
19. Is Willow gay or bi?

HELLO GAY NOW.

------------------
Autumn

maudmac
Doll's Eye Crystal

Man, I'll tell you what. I lurked here long and hard and when I felt motivated to actually start posting, I swear I read the FAQ ten times.

Slightly OT: I'm not making this up! I DREAMED the Kitten board last night! You know, like how if you play a video game for waaaay too long, you still see it when you close your eyes? Yep. That was me. I wish I could remember what the posts I dreamed said. It was probably terribly important.

AutumnT
Sassy Eggs

quote:

------------------
Autumn

Epicurus
Willowhand

RomanceJunky
Willowhand

Loved seeing this posted this way, Esp. with the shear number of new kittens we seem to have gotten in the last week.

------------------

supermus
Cool Monster Fighter

quote:

------------------

"And of course you can't become if you only say what you would've done. So I missed a million miles of fun"

Hugin
Ms. Moderator
Fantastico

Supermus, I understand. But, I've seen people (commonly, depressingly commonly) repeat as if new-and-startling a thought expressed on the same page they posted, and not in that "oh we posted the same thing simultaniously great minds think alike ha ha" kind of way.

-or-

-or-

Ah. That felt good.

-len

Dr.G
Lesbian Gay Type Lover

quote:

Web Warlock
Sassy Eggs

Warlock.

------------------
Web Warlock
--

xita
Ms. Moderator
Fantastico

Oh some of these are great. I like to think of it as a work in progress and would not mind adding more questions. The ME one plus the suggestion to read before you post are 2 that I will add. Maybe I'll make a questions about Buffy one that can go below the board questions that can include the willow gay one, the ME one and the oz one.

GODisTigger
Sassy Eggs

quote:

You don't?

Oops!

D

------------------

AutumnT
Sassy Eggs

quote:

Yes.

------------------
Autumn

wiccie
Sassy Eggs

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The Mods rock, this board rocks, and now the Clued-In Newbies will rock, too.

AutumnT
Sassy Eggs

You may also want to include something about the search functionality as it helps avoid repetition. It's easy to see if something has been covered before by using it.

------------------
Autumn

Kieli
Big Pineapple

Actually, I beg to differ about the search functionality. I've tried to use it on various occasions and it has not often worked the way I had expected. I still had to go and search by hand because it missed a whole gap within the search method. *sigh* And I don't necessarily agree that everyone should have to read through forty pages of posts. No one really has that kind of time (unless they have nothing else better to do than sit on their computer for several hours a day to read nothing but posts). I try to get the abbreviated version of things or ask another fellow kitten to give me a summary if possible.

Toni

------------------

Morphine
Doll's Eye Crystal

------------------

Blue77
Doll's Eye Crystal

Just wanted to say I found this post really helpful. I agree that people should read the posts because it's annoying when they're repetitive.

xita
Ms. Moderator
Fantastico

I don't actually have a position on that. I think if it is your site post it, if not hold off on it. We don't want the sites shut down, I am not sure if that should be part of the FAQ or not.

Willowhand
Floating Rose

quote:

Very good! *Nod*

Kieli
Big Pineapple

My bad, Xita. I should've been more specific about my search problem. I had assumed that, since I was having major search problems on the Pens that it was the same here on the general board. Alas, I have come down with a case of Foot in Mouth Disease. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

------------------

xita
Ms. Moderator
Fantastico

Well, we are all short on time, if you knew how little I slept Not reading the entire thread will get you in hot water quickly, you may get short or rude replies by people who do read it.

concrete
Willowhand

------------------
{pecunia non olet}

Cicca
Cool Monster Fighter

Thanks

Grace
Blessed Wannabe

AutumnT
Sassy Eggs

quote:
19. Is Willow gay or bi?

HELLO GAY NOW.

------------------
Autumn

maudmac
Doll's Eye Crystal

AutumnT
Sassy Eggs

quote:

------------------
Autumn

Epicurus
Willowhand

RomanceJunky
Willowhand

------------------

supermus
Cool Monster Fighter

quote:

------------------

Hugin
Ms. Moderator
Fantastico

-or-

-or-

Ah. That felt good.

-len

Dr.G
Lesbian Gay Type Lover

quote:

Web Warlock
Sassy Eggs

Warlock.

------------------
Web Warlock
--

xita
Ms. Moderator
Fantastico

GODisTigger
Sassy Eggs

quote:

You don't?

Oops!

D

------------------

AutumnT
Sassy Eggs

quote:

Yes.

------------------
Autumn

wiccie
Sassy Eggs

AutumnT
Sassy Eggs

------------------
Autumn

Kieli
Big Pineapple

Toni

------------------

Morphine
Doll's Eye Crystal

------------------

Blue77
Doll's Eye Crystal

xita
Ms. Moderator
Fantastico

Willowhand
Floating Rose

quote:

Very good! *Nod*

Kieli
Big Pineapple

------------------

xita
Ms. Moderator
Fantastico

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 12:56 am 

------------------
{pecunia non olet}

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 1:09 am 
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 1:16 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 1:32 am 
quote:
19. Is Willow gay or bi?

HELLO GAY NOW.

------------------
Autumn

I have the sudden urge to dedicate my productive cooperation.quote:19. Is Willow gay or bi?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 2:27 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 3:24 am 
quote:

------------------
Autumn

I have the sudden urge to dedicate my productive cooperation.quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 4:45 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 6:43 am 

------------------

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 6:56 am 
quote:

------------------

"And of course you can't become if you only say what you would've done. So I missed a million miles of fun"quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 7:32 am 

-or-

-or-

Ah. That felt good.

-len

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 7:36 am 
quote:

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited March 17, 2002).]quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 7:42 am 

Warlock.

------------------
Web Warlock
--

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 9:44 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 9:59 am 
quote:

You don't?

Oops!

D

------------------
quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 10:52 am 
quote:

Yes.

------------------
Autumn

I have the sudden urge to dedicate my productive cooperation.quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 11:52 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 12:04 pm 

------------------
Autumn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 12:22 pm 

Toni

------------------

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 12:25 pm 

------------------

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 12:29 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 12:33 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 12:36 pm 
quote:

Very good! *Nod*

quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 1:04 pm 

------------------

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 1:12 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 1:14 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Kieli:
My personal opinion is that even old timers sometimes repeat posts.

You're right. However lately we've just gotten a huge influx of it. Especially in the spoiler thread where there will be like 9 pages discussing a spoiler and then someone comes in and tells us the same spoiler we have been discussing like it is new news. And a lot of times it really seems apparent that people are not bothering to read the FAQ or other posts before posting. You don't have to memorize 40 pages of spoiler thread before posting there, but it certainly helps to at least skim and see if it has been covered. It does not take that much time to at least read the first page and skim through the rest. You'll get the gist. I think everyone is busy. I know I am. I assume others are and that they would not want to have to reread the same things over and over.

Edited to say I think Xita and I are sharing a brain today.

------------------
Autumn

[This message has been edited by AutumnT (edited March 17, 2002).]quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 1:47 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Kieli:

I don't have a million hours to read through every single thread.

Well neither do I, having to work one 24 hour shift every other day and all, but somehow I manage. In the meanwhile I am becoming wonderfully thin cuz of the not eating and sleeping thing I am doing.

*poof*

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited March 17, 2002).]quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 3:27 pm 
Which is probably the reason I have pretty much stopped posting here. While you all seem to be far more devoted than I in setting aside hours to go through the forty or so odd pages, that is not me. I don't have the patience for it. I read through Len's post and I agree with what he said. I just disagreed with AutumnT (and I've been here somewhat longer than you so I do in fact know the rules.) I think you're stating the obvious. Of course it can get tiring that people repeat the same things over again. But shit happens is possibly my point. *shrug*

I have a gf, a job and classwork. While Garfield is working 24 hour shifts and prefers not to sleep or eat, that is not my preference (well that and I'm not a mod like him, Brian, Xita, Len and April so I don't have a huge responsibility for keeping the Kitten functioning as they do ). I love this place and visit often. But I think I'll limit my posts for the times when I actually can read through the threads carefully. If people get rude or snarky, then I feel that is inappropriate and uncalled for, even if the person has not read the FAQs. But that is just MHO. Off to go do homework and catch up on the sleep I lost whilst in Las Vegas this past week.

Again, a very timely thread, Xita. Looks like our family is growing by leaps and bounds. Who'd have thunk?

------------------

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 3:38 pm 
Kieli,

I was not inferring that you do not know the rules. It may indeed seem like I am stating the obvious. I feel like I am as well. It's just apparent that a lot of people are not bothering to read the FAQ. And while you may disagree I find that behavior rude. I probably have less patience than I should right now and I know it has to do with what's been going on in the spoiler thread and the influx of trolls we've had here lately. I'm sorry that I have apparently somehow offended you. I just really think that any newbie should read and abide by the rules and I appreciate the fact that Xita has taken the time to update them to clear things up further.

------------------
Autumn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 3:43 pm 
I understand. The presence of trolls and those exhibiting trollish behaviour is always one that tends to put everyone on edge. I've been monitoring the Spoiler Thread for some time now and when I saw this happening I had to chain my arm to the floor to keep from responding to some of these people I figured that getting my blood pressure up wasn't a good thing and all these people were looking for was attention and some reactionary behaviour. Annoying that X-( No harm done, luv. We just have different feelings on the subject which is truly understandable.

I'm wondering if Xita might consider enacting a mandatory registration rule so that she can track these little trollish minions and delete them if need be. Would that be too limiting, Xita?

Peace on ya,
Toni

------------------