The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Red Rosenberg
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:34 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dibs

Great update!

Love how the Great Captain Willow is afraid of frogs.

Poor Dawn. She's so sad and angry that she's willing to snap at anyone. Not a good idea on a pirate ship.

Quote:
"Dawn would you like to see Simone one last time?"

I wonder what Tara has in mind. I hope she explains the wiccan rules about life and death so Dawn doesn't expect it to be permanent.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Can't wait until the next update.

"Not everyone wants to graduate high school at age 16 and college at age 19 and have our first IPO by age 20. Some of us want to waste precious minutes, hours, days, and weeks rotting in front of the TV." - Survivor Ash Island By JustSkipIt

Buffy: Hi. Willow right?
Willow: Why? I mean hi. Did you want me to move?
First sign of adorable Willow "Welcome to the Hellmouth"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:47 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Hi Rick....

I'm such a BAD kitten! I can't believe that I missed leaving feedback on the last chapter....especially since it's the one I've been waiting on for months!

Anyway, you did a wonderful job! It was sweet and sexy and just plain H-O-T. You're description of the jungle was beautifully written and the lagoon sounded simply divine. BTW...I second Ariel's quote of your description of Tara washing herself in the lagoon...MAJOR HOTNESS!

On the the most recent chapter: The frog. :lmao That was so perfect and the irony is not lost here. Rough and tough pirate...terrified of a frog. Perfect. Tara was sweet and caring as always, dispensing of the little guy with loving care. Poor Willow...although the image of her darting around naked is quite compelling, lol.

Dawn...I was really debating if I even wanted to address her shitty behavior. I get that she's in mourning, but enough with the attitude already! I'm glad that Willow popped off on her...she totally deserved it. I had to chuckle though, because it's almost like W/T are playing the roles of good cop/bad cop with her. I'll say no more about Dawn as she seriously irritates me.

Anyway, AWESOME job!

Happy New Year!!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:13 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Rick,

Avast there, me hearty! :bigwave

You've done it again - first continued HOTNESS then the frog-fest of funny! :lol :lmao :laugh :rofl

Although I love pirates and pirate lore the parrot and rat menu is kind of dimming my enthusiasm for a career change - yecch! Definitely sticking with the wild pig!

And speaking of a wild squealing life-form, Dawn comes to mind! Yes, I felt real compassion in her situation AND through her fight with Rona but she is becoming a whiny bitch again. Liked Shelby's thought about W/T playing good cop/bad cop on her and it is seeming to work!

Love the suspense of Tara planning to use that amazing magic to bring back Simone, eager to see how that comes off and what transpires!

So clap on some sail, m'boy and heave anchor (although NOT in that order! :blush) and I'll look forward to more adventures!

So it's more writing ye'll do or get a touch of the cat! :whip <=That cat, not the Kittenboard happy variety!

Anyway, take care - have loads of fun!

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:08 am 
5. Willowhand

Of course...another amazing update. I love how you tied quirky Willow in with the big bad captain with the frogs.

I'm eager to see how this Simone thing plays out.

I wish you a merry New Year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:23 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
BuffyFan4ever A very happy New Year to you. I didn't think I could include Willow without her infamous fear, it kind of adds to her as a not so fearless pirate.
Dawn is definitely feeling a lot of strain at the moment but her friends do care about her and not is Tara going to help her but so will Willow, but each in their own individual ways. Hope you don't mind me 'yoinking' the idea of Tara teaching Dawn a couple of rules about life and death cos it sounds like a good one.

Finey-McFine[/b ]Hi Shel, it's good to hear from you again. Don't worry about having missed a chapter, I missed several of Racing the Rain so let's call it even. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the smut scene, it was definitely one of the big scenes that I had imagined for the story though I wonder if it couldn't have been a little better. You're right about Dawn being whiny, it's something I wanted to avoid but the nature of the story means she's been through a shit load of trouble but I assure you she's going to settle down soon and fall into line. Just remember, Willow has total faith in Dawn and she'll be proved right in the end. Hope you have a very happy new year with lots of fun for you, your wife and kids in 2012.

[b]Ariel
What! You don't like the idea of eating yummy roast rat or parrot lol. I actually got the idea for rat from watching the first season of 'Survivor' on dvd.
And speaking of a wild squealing life-form, Dawn comes to mind! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Hilarious line from you there Ariel, you're as bang on as Shelby as to Dawn's whininess but as I said to BuffyFan4ever (above) Willow and Tara are going to help her just in different ways. And never worry about me not writing cos I usually so there'll be no need for the cat lol. I hope you have a very happy new year in 2012.

fhiwda How could I have Willow in a story without some quirkiness and in that environment frogs seemed like the best idea. Your eagerness to see what happens regarding Simone is directly below and I hope it's as intriguing and exciting as you've imagined it to be, and I hope you have a very happy new year too.

THE ADVENTURES OF CAP’N RED ROSENBERG DEAD MAN'S ISLAND

Story; Willowtaralover

Disclaimer; All Buffy characters are owned by Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and Fox. I own all original concepts, characters and anything else they can't lay their grubby hands on.

Rating; PG-13 to NC-17 for sex, violence and naughty swearing.

Story; Rough, tough pirate Captain Willow 'Red' Rosenberg is on the hunt for treasure but get's more than she bargained for including romance with a blue eyed blonde beauty, betrayal from a crew member and danger from a dark necromancer who, with his army of the undead, is intent on resurrecting a demonic goddess.

All thoughts are in italics

Chapter 21
A Voice From The Past

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[i]Previously on Red Rosenberg

Tara was very quiet, her mind in contemplation of an idea that would either help or hurt Dawn even more.

Goddess, please let my decision about this be right, she thought before giving voice to her plan.

"Dawn would you like to see Simone last time?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dawn stopped and looked sharply at Tara, trying to see if there was any trace of mockery there but the blonde's face was completely serious.

Tara had kept on walking for a few paces but when she noticed she was alone she turned to see the younger girl standing there. She walked back the last few paces to where Dawn stood. Tara saw the questioning look in the girls face and asked what was wrong.

"How Tara? Simone's dead, we all saw the body, the slit in her throat, the rends in her body where sharks had bitten into her. How could you bring her back to life again other than as a zombie?"

"Dawn, I never said I'd bring Simone back to life," Tara replied softly in her gentle voice. "But I can help you to see and maybe speak to Simone again, and I promise you she won't be a zombie."

"Yeah, so you say but how?"

Tara gave a small smile as she looked at Dawn seeing the hope, fear and possible anger in her face if it was all a trick.

"Magic," was all the reply the blonde gave before continuing down to where the bonfire was burning merrily away.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The meal was quiet and uneventful as the two girls joined the group. Tara sat by Willow while Dawn went to Buffy who checked that her sister was feeling alright and she gave her some roast wild pig to eat. At one point Dawn and Willow looked at each other directly and just nodded at one another as an assurance that all was right between them before Dawn looked away out of shame. She knew that she was going to face a very long chat with Willow after what she had said about the Captain not caring about her.

Everyone was tucking into the food, with Xander chomping down on the parrots, chatting, joking and laughing together, finally relaxed and thoroughly enjoying themselves after several tense weeks at sea. It wasn't long before a sombre Dawn was talking and laughing with her fellow crewmembers, if at a slightly more subdued level.

As the evening wore on the conversation was starting to wane slightly and Dawn decided to ask Tara about her plan to ressurect Simone.

"Tara, how do you plan to bring back Simone?"

This one sentence alone quickly got everyone's attention as Tara replied.

"Dawn, I've already told you, I won't be bringing Simone back to life. I can't, even if I had the power to do that my religion says that to bring someone back from the dead would be terrible as the person would be confused, not sure if they were living or dead, not knowing where they belonged. Should they be alive with their family or with their own god or goddess in the Golden Palace," Tara saw the look on Dawn's face. A mixture of disappointment, sadness and anger and Tara quickly continued so that she may pacify the young girl as best she could."

"But I can at least get her spirit here with us for a short time and you can talk to her, say a proper goodbye to her. I know that's what you wanted to do when she was...taken from us."

By now all the girls were listening attentively and Willow paying the most attention.

"So, let's get this right Tara, yer sayin' that we could get the spirit o' Simone back here wi us fer jus' a little while?"

"Well, basically yes. We just need to be careful and you must all do as I say. If someone ignores my rules we may end up conjuring up something from a hell dimension or one of the Gods from the Golden Palace, and that would not be good for any of us at all."

Willow stared at Tara for a long moment, then at Dawn and finally deeply into the fire as she considered the idea. She understood the dangers inherent to the blonde's scheme but also realised how much it would mean to Dawn, and maybe get the girl to stay in line a little bit. Also she might get some closure on who Simone's killer was. Willow had genuinely liked the girl and had been as broken hearted as Dawn when the girl's corpse was removed from the ocean. Willow just wasn't able to show it in front of the crew being the captain. Finally the little pirate queen made her decision."

"A'right then Tara, tell us what we have to do."

As she spoke Willow glanced over in Dawn's direction and saw the joy there clear on the girls face.

"We have to sit in a circle and join hands, you will all provide the spiritual energy required to summon Simone's spirit but you can only think of Simone. I will chant out the incantation that should bring Simone's spirit to us but remember, you must think only of Simone. If you don't, if your attention wavers for only a second anything may appear and there are a lot of demons and monsters out there. If any of you are unsure of being a part of this then don't be a part of the circle. You can watch but stay out of the circle."

Most of the girls saw how serious look on Tara's face and moved well away from the fire forming a separate group who watched the remaining crew members go move closer and join hands.

Tara sat in the centre of the with Dawn on her left and Willow on her right. Xander sat next to Dawn, Buffy to Willow, Alex by Xander and Laragh to Buffy.

The seven then linked hands and Tara closed her eyes as she began to concentrate on the spell. The rest of the group looked at one another, shrugged then closed their eyes and began to think of Simone, how they remembered her as a Slayerette, a friend, Dawn thought of her as a lover, a crewmember and as someone taken from them far too soon.

Tara began to mutter the chant under her breath...

"Futara trebora sedaka ylima nizama gorata," over and over she muttered these words, getting louder and louder with each breath.

Willow sneaked a peek at Tara as she was casting the spell seeing the sweat cast a sheen on the curve of Tara's breast that stood out from the top of the blue dress. A small trickle slid down between her breasts and made the young redhead's mouth water.

Out of the corner of her eye, Willow then noticed that the fire had turned an eldritch shade of green and the image of something horned, ugly with pointed teeth and a forked tongue was starting to appear. Remembering Tara's warning the pirate quickly shut her eyes tightly and thought again of Simone.

Tara too had noticed the change in the colour of the fire and increased the repetition of the spell, this time a little louder than before. After a few minutes of this the fire's color had changed from red and green to a white light tinged ever so lightly with blue. By now Tara was panting slightly with exhaustion as the casting of the spell took its toll on her. Beads of sweat made their way down her forehead and rolled down her cheeks, adding a light sheen to her face. Some clustered into her eyelashes making Tara blink slightly.

The blonde witch then opened her eyes again, blinking the droplets of sweat out of her eyes so she could a little more clearly. Her left hand felt a little sore and she looked down at it too see Dawn's hands crushing it, mouthing over and again the words 'I want to see Simone, I want to see SImone. The younger girl's hands were squeezed so tightly around Tara's that the knuckles were white and her eyes were closed equally tightly. Tara leant in a little to whisper in Dawn's ear who, after stiffening up a second releaxed her grip on Tara's hand.

A little more comfortable at last Tara then began the next part of the spell.

"Oh great Kua, mighty mistress of the afterlife, guide to the spirits of the recently dead we beseech of thee, allow us to speak once more to our friend Simone before you shepherd her to the side of her goddess Torata. Grant us this one wish o almighty Kua that we be allowed to speak to her once again."

After Tara finished her spell and prayer to the goddess of the afterlife all went quiet. The group holding hands started to look at each other in confusion unsure as to what was supposed to happen. Dawn looked across at Tara, Disappointment and anger plain on her face and her hands let go of both Xander's and the witches hands.

From nowhere a gust of wind suddenly blew up blowing sand against the group of pirates who had to shield their faces against the tiny cutting grains as they whipped by them. The large bonfire dropped down to a noticable degree before suddenly rising again, even higher than before but still the brilliant shade of white.

The small group were astonished. There, forming in the tongues of the fire, was a giant head. Slowly the flames molded and shaped themselves till they took on a shape familiar to everyone.

Simone's face.

Everyone let out a gasp as they saw the face of Simone formed in the blue/white flames of the camp fire. Some of the girls eyed the shape with a cynical, suspicious eye knowing the brutal death that had come to the girl and the fact that Tara had conjured her up. Dawn, in the meantime, was looking at the magically formed head with wonder in her eyes.

"S...Simone, is that you, really you." her voice was little more than a fearful whisper. Afraid that it was all little more than an awful joke being played on her.

The head looked down upon the group until it espied Dawn, then a great smile of happiness broke out over what everyone took to be it's mouth.

"Yes Dawn, it's me," the flaming head replied with a slight echo to it. Simone's head seemed to be as joyful at once more seeing Dawn as the other girl was in seeing her former love.

Dawn was speechless despite the million things she wanted to say to Simone's spirit. She could hardly believe it was true that she was seeing Simone again, even if it was only in the form of her spiritual essence.

"Oh my Dawn," the head spoke again. "I have missed you so much

Curious things were starating to occur within the fire. The spirit head started to contract and shrank slightly whilst the rest of the fire was starting to also change shape. As the onlookers watched the flames were taking the shape of Simone's body until finally her complete body was at the same level as Dawn.

"I have missed you too," replied Dawn, "ever since you were taken I have been so sad, so lonely without you. I hate the fact that you're not with me. I love and miss you so much." By now the young girl was trying to choke back her tears but couldn't help the one or two that escaped and rolled down her cheeks as a raindrop rolls down a leaf to land with a splash on muddy ground.

"I know, I know," the spirit said sadly, "I have been watching you and know how you have suffered first with my death and then when you were attacked by Rona. I am glad that you received my message and didn't just give in and allow her to kill you. I always knew you had that strength within you to not just give in and to overcome any foe....

"However I have also seen you blame the Captain for what happened to me," the spirit head continued. "Dawnie, please don't blame her for it isn't the Captain's fault and don't be angry with her for still having the lady Tara to love. They are meant to be together as are we and one day we will be re-united in the Golden Palace where we will stay until we are renewed by Kua in new bodies. Just remember Dawn, someone is coming who will love and care for you."

By now tears were flowing rapidly from Dawn's eyes and she went forward slightly and tried to wrap her arms around the spectral image of her love. At first her arms went through the spirit sending a weird shiver down her arms and spine. It was partly from an icy coldness and some electric shock flowing into her. After she had shaken herself Dawn then tried again but this time, instead of trying to actually hold her former love physically, she merely held her arms as near as she could to Simone without actually touching the ghost, who in turn rested her head as close to Dawn's shoulders as possible without touching the girl.

"I love you so much Dawn, more than words could ever possibly say. I have never wanted to be with anyone as much as I wanted to be with you. You made me and my life so happy when I was alive, I just wish we were still together."

As Dawn digested these words the dead girl's spirit began to speak again.

"There is more I need to tell you. There is great danger ahead and Willow and Tara will both need you to help them. Because of the laws of the gods I cannot tell you any more than that Dawn, but believe me there is great danger ahead."

Dawn frowned at the slightly enigmatic message while Simone's spirit then turned towards Willow.

"Thank you Captain for letting me sail with you, I hope I served you well on the voyage."

"'T'were a pleasure having ya aboard Simone. Ya were a fine sailor and ye would a gone a long way if ye...if ye..." Willow had to stop there as she found herself beginning to choke up as much as Dawn."

"I understand Captain and again, thank you." With that the Simone's spirit saluted Willow who, a small smile on her face saluted back.

"Captain, I ned to warn you also. There is a great danger to you and your crew. It was on the night I died, I was on my way to Dawn's cabin when I heard people talking in another. I listened closely and heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

The scream was deafening and Simone's entire body was suddenly shattered into a million pieces as if a crystal glass were suddenly dashed against a marble floor. Dawn could only look on helplessly as once again her beloved Dawn was taken from her. She collapse to her knees completely broken-hearted, too shattered to even cry. As she did the rest of the crowd could only watch in horror as a huge clawed arm thrust its way up through Simone's shattering image.

It was three times as thick as a normal man's arm and seemed to to be formed from scales as black as the darkest night that gleamed slightly in the moonlight. The arm ended in a huge hand that had three fingers with wicked looking, dagger like claws that looked like they were formed from sharpened bone and could plainly cause great injury to anyone who got to close to them.

There suddenly came a moan from Tara and as Buffy and Willow turned they saw her fall to the ground in a dead faint while the demonic arm appared to retract through the fire which had now gone back to its usual orange glow and faintly the sound of Simone's scream could be heard echoing over and over again til it eventually faded away, though for Dawn that sound would linger in her memory for all time.

TO BE CONTINUED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:43 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dibs.

Great update. My ideas are yours for the yoinking.

I'm glad Dawn and Simone were able to say goodbye to each other and that Simone was able to give her messages (at part of the second). I hope her abrupt banishment doesn't mean that the demon hand/spirit got her.

Update soon. Can't wait to see what happens next.

"Not everyone wants to graduate high school at age 16 and college at age 19 and have our first IPO by age 20. Some of us want to waste precious minutes, hours, days, and weeks rotting in front of the TV." - Survivor Ash Island By JustSkipIt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:23 pm 
5. Willowhand

Poor Dawnie! My goodness! The girl just can't seem to catch a break! Now she's probably going to be worried that Simone's spirit is being tortured or something. Jee Golly Wiz.

Nice update.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:36 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hey, Rick!

Wow, big scene with Simone's spirit speaking to Dawn! But what I loved was how Willow cared about her and how the captain was choking up, too.

So you set it up that a spell will reveal Simone. Then Simone will reveal the deadly danger and do some exposition for them, but no. Instead you share some powerful moments and reveal NOTHING! Very diabolical, Sir, I salute you! :bigwave :devil Then the beast intervenes and the suspense goes up another notch, nice . . . .

Quote:
She collapse to her knees completely broken-hearted, too shattered to even cry. As she did the rest of the crowd could only watch in horror as a huge clawed arm thrust its way up through Simone's shattering image.

It was three times as thick as a normal man's arm and seemed to to be formed from scales as black as the darkest night that gleamed slightly in the moonlight.

You did it again, me hearty! Reeled me in like a fanfic flounder!

So keep writing, or else! :kgeek :whip

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:41 pm 

Well, that was interesting. What the hell was that at the end?? More questions than answers, I guess:)

Great job on this chapter. Even though Dawnie gets on my last nerve, you write her quite well and very believable. You really have a knack for getting her youth across. Case in point...
Quote:
"Tara, how do you plan to bring back Simone?"

"Dawn, I've already told you, I won't be bringing Simone back to life.
Tara told Dawn, like 5x, that she wasn't bringing her back to life, just bringing her spirit to say goodbye and Dawn JUST DIDN'T GET IT. Typical teenager, lol. Selective hearing. :p

Anyway, the whole experience was heartbreaking for Dawn and I'm not sure if it did any good or not. Especially with the weird occurrence at the end and Simone's scream. Well, at least they know that 'something' bad is coming and they need to prepare to fight!

Great job & Happy New Year!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:36 am 
8. Vixen

BuffyFan4ever I figured that Dawn deserved a little closure as regards Simone after all that she's been through of late but the demon hand will return to provide more torture to Dawn in a later chapter.

fhiwda Yeah I'm really putting Dawn through the ringer in this story but it is going to be the making of her. You're bang on about Dawn worrying about Simone's spirit, so award yourself a chocolate cookie.

Ariel Dawn speaking with Simone's spirit was always going to be emotional and, hopefully, powerful but Willow is a captain who cares deeply about her crew hence her also getting choked up. You wrote
Quote:
'Simone will reveal the deadly danger and do some exposition for them, but no. Instead you share some powerful moments and reveal NOTHING!'
Revealed nothing, oh far from it my friend, it's only a little but there is enough there to trigger suspicion off in Willow's mind. All will be revealed in a couple of chapters, or will it mwahahahahahahahahahahhaha ;)

Finey_McFine There are more questions at the moment but don't worry, all will be answered. I've always had a lot of love for Dawn and never thought she was well written for on Buffy till about season 7 so I'm trying to write her as a teen who is forced to grow up very quickly and hopefully getting better as a person, and crewmember, all the time. The experience was heartbreaking for Dawn but she's also had some closure and it should help her move on. Yep, Willow is now aware that there's something bad coming so award yourself a chocolate cookie for picking up on that.

[/center]THE ADVENTURES OF RED ROSENBERG
DEAD MAN’S ISLE [/center]
Author; Willowtaralover

Rating; NC-17 to R for smut, violence and naughty swearing

Disclaimer; Willow, Tara and all Buffy characters are owned by Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and Fox. The story and all original characters are mine alone.

Story; Rough, tough pirate captain Willow ‘Red’ Rosenberg is on the search for treasure but finds including romance with a beautiful blonde, betrayal from a previously loyal crew-member and deadly danger in the shape of a necromancer, and his army of undead, who plans to resurrect an evil goddess.

Thoughts are in italics

Chapter 22 Friendship and Forgiveness
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previously on Red Rosenberg
"Captain, I need to warn you also. There is a great danger to you and your crew. It was on the night I died, I was on my way to Dawn's cabin when I heard people talking in another cabin. I listened closely and heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

The scream was deafening and the image of Simone's entire body was suddenly shattered into a million pieces, as if a crystal glass were suddenly dashed against a marble floor. Dawn could only look on helplessly as once again her beloved Dawn was taken from her. She collapse to her knees completely broken-hearted, too shattered to even cry. As she did the rest of the crowd could only watch in horror as a huge clawed arm thrust its way up through Simone's shattering image.

It was three times as thick as a normal man's arm and seemed to be formed from scales as black as the darkest night that gleamed slightly in the moonlight. The arm ended in a huge hand with three fingers that ended in wicked looking, dagger like claws that looked like they were formed from sharpened bone and could plainly cause great injury to anyone who got to close to them.

There suddenly came a moan from Tara and as Buffy and Willow turned they saw her fall to the ground in a dead faint while the demonic arm appeared to retract through the fire which had now gone back to its usual orange glow and faintly the sound of Simone's scream could be heard echoing over and over again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Willow quickly went to Tara's side placing the blonde's head on her lap, concern etched on her youthful features. Xander quickly took a water bottle to the redhead which she took gratefully and splashed a few droplets of water on her lover's face. After a few seconds Tara slowly roused with a groan. She placed a hand on her head and closed her sapphire hued eyes cringing for a moment, adding to Willow's concern.

"Are ya a'right there Tara love. Yer not in any agony are ya?"

Tara smiled at her lover's concern and put a reassuring hand on Willow's cheek.

"I'm fine my darling, just a bit of a headache that's all." Tara whispered her voice barely a whisper. She suddenly cringed in agony again as the pounding in her skull seemed to increase. It felt like a hell beast was smashing a war hammer against either side of her head. After the pain had decreased she inclined her head slowly to the side to see Dawn staring mutely at the fire, now back to its familiar bright orange/yellow glow again after the appearance of Simone's spirit.

"Dawn, Dawnie I'm so sorry," Tara's voice was now a rough croak, her throat felt dry and just to say those few words seemed to exhaust her. It was as if the young blonde were an elderly woman than the girl in her twenties she really was.

The younger girl kept staring at the fire where, but a few moments before her former love had been standing. She gasped for air as she attempted to hold back tears after having seen her beloved’s spirit shattered before her as a hammer would strike a mirror. Xander left Willow's side and went to where the girl stood in open mouthed horror at the sight she had just borne witness to. He nudged Dawn gently attracting her attention. She started and looked at Xander who indicated where Willow and Tara were still on the ground, the redhead giving some water to her lover from a leather water-sack.

"W...what happened, what did you do Tara, how could you lose her like that? You know how much she means to me." Dawn's face was red with a mix of anger and misery. Her hands were clenched at her sides into tight fists, her muscles tensed as if ready for a fight. Her eyes fought a losing battle as her cheeks gleamed with tears that she did not want to shed, not wanting to show weakness in front of everyone. Dawn's shouting had now attracted the attention of everyone round the campfire and they all noticed the irritation on the face of the Captain.

"I'm so sorry," Tara repeated her voice slightly stronger this time. "I was unable to keep the link with Simone. Someone or something broke the connection I had with Simone, something far more powerful than I could ever hope to be. I am so sorry Dawn but there was nothing I could do."

There was so much empathy in both her voice and face, yet still it appeared for a long time as if Dawn was going to explode on her. Finally the younger girl let out a shuddering breath she didn't even know she had been holding and walked over to where Willow and Tara lay on the sand and knelt down on the opposite side to Willow who kept a careful eye on the girl in case she lost her temper again.

As she regained control of her breathing and temper Dawn looked at Tara and all the love and compassion in her face. The blonde reached out taking the younger girls hand in her own, holding it gently, an attempt to help the grieving Dawn. Willow watched the interaction between the two girls but didn’t intervene in any way, knowing the moment was special and private between them both.

"Tara, I’m so sorry that I went off at you like that, I didn't mean to it's just..."

"I know Dawnie, I know. I'm just sorry you didn't get to spend a longer time talking with her but I could see that she was very proud of you, of having known you and having been a part of her life, even for a short time."

Willow didn't say anything but a smile played across her features and she nodded in agreement with Tara's words. Deep inside, Willow herself was proud of Dawn’s progress having seen her grow from an overconfident, angry wannabe to the self-assured young woman she was slowly but surely becoming.

“Well, thank you Tara. Thank you so much for giving me this chance to see Simone again. It meant a lot to me.” Dawn leaned forward to hug the young witch, a gesture which Tara happily reciprocated. Willow looked lovingly at them both, a feeling of great joy suffusing her soul with the thought that here she was, surrounded by those she thought of as friends and family.

For a long moment no one said anything as they took in all that they had seen. Simone's spirit and her unfinished message to Willow, then the demonic hand that had reached up and had shattered her spirit’s form. Again, Dawn was the first to speak, fearful of her friend’s fate.

"Tara, that arm. What was it and what did it do to Simone? Will she be all right? Will she be safe back in the Golden Palace?" The questions were fired off rapidly as the girl looked to the witch, hope and fear both playing across her youthful features. Tara dropped her gaze to the sandy beach, but when she finally looked back up her blue eyes were suffused with sadness.

"I'm so sorry Dawnie but I just do not know. I've never seen anything like it before. As I said before the only thing I do know is that whatever that thing was, wherever it came from, it was a magic far more powerful than my own. If it was from the demon planes then it could be anything as the beings there use only the darkest magicks. My magic is white magic, pure magic powered by love and light. The dark magicks are highly corrupt, they're powered by hate, dissent, fear and all the negative forces in the universe."

"So yer saying it could be anything that ain't from the Golden Palace then," interrupted Willow who, despite having seen Tara's magic with her own eyes wasn't quite accepting of what she was hearing."

"That's precisely what I'm saying," Tara replied her voice grim at Willow's cynicism. Her blue eyes stared deep into Willow's green and the pirate was slightly intimidated by the look on her lovers face.

"Erm yes well, umm on that note I reckons as ta how we should be settling down an’ have a good night's kip, particularly as how Tara here was hurt. We got a guard fer the night watch?" she called out and received a chorus of voices in reply as several of the girls came forward affirming their willingness to help.

"A ‘right, Liana, Alex, Jess yer up first then Dawn, Laragh and Chou-Lee take over at three then at six it's Kat, Amanda and Jules, and ye’ll get ta sleep in fer once." she said this last with a grin that got a laugh from the crew. As everyone began to settle down for the night, Liana, a girl with skin the colour of chocolate brown and shoulder length, raven hair, gave a quick curious glance over at Dawn before falling into step with Alex. Not that Dawn noticed as she was slipping under a blanket laid out on the sand by Buffy to get a short couple of hours rest before her watch.

-----------------------------------------------
The next morning dawned quietly with the blue/black night sky changing to light gray and finally to a sapphire hue reflecting the glassy surface of the sea. It wasn't long before the gulls in the sky began they're cacophonous squawking of which quickly spread to the parrots in the jungle. On the beach, the crew slowly woke from their restful sleep, grateful that they didn't have to wake early as they might normally do on the Slayer but annoyed by the frenzied screeching noise from the birds.

Under their quilted blanket the redheaded pirate Captain reached a hand across to Tara and pulled herself closer so that she could get a warmer snuggle. As she did so a frown crossed her face as she touched something that felt different. It was definitely flesh, of that Willow was certain and yet it didn’t have that familiar warmth to it that Willow could always associate with Tara. As she gently stroked the skin under her hand the soft sigh that emanated sounded different to the redhead's ears. Then she heard Tara gently murmur Willow’s name followed by a quiet snore. She half opened an eye and blearily saw an arm resting on Tara. Not just resting on Tara’s body generally but resting on Tara’s breast specifically.

For a long moment she thought nothing of it and started to fall back asleep. Then a light went off in her head and opened her eyes again, more fully this time. As she looked she saw that at some point during the night, presumably after her turn at watch had ended Dawn had gotten into bed with them on Tara's side and snuggled up to the blonde. A snuggle that as far as Willow was concerned only belonged to her.

Now it was obvious to anyone else that Dawn had been unaware of what she had done in her sleep. Willow didn’t care about that though, she was as mad as hell that anyone else would dare to place their hands upon Tara’s body.

The redhead quickly got to her feet from the makeshift bed on the beach and walked round to where Dawn lay resting against Tara.

“Get up ya lazy swab,” Willow roared while roughly shaking her awake by her shoulders.

“Uh, wha, who the,” Dawn muttered as she awake, startled at her Captain’s angry mood. The girl looked around her in shock wondering what had happened and found herself staring into Willow’s glowering face.

“Get yer filthy meathooks off me woman,” the redhead growled in menacing voice while Dawn just kept staring as she tried to orient herself.

A sudden jolt of pain on her elbow woke her even more and Dawn turned to her left to find herself staring into Tara’s face who was still half asleep herself. The witch’s face suddenly creased a little in slight confusion and she and Dawn both slowly looked down at the same time to see the younger girl’s hand still pressed tight against her friend’s boob. Dawn’s face became the bright scarlet shade of a tomato and she quickly removed the offending palm.

“Umm, sorry,” she squeaked out in a quiet voice to the blonde girl who gave a small smile and a gentle inclination of the head in acknowledgment of Dawn’s apology.

“What the hell d’ya think yer doin’?” Willow asked, still fuming after having found the girl pawing at her lover. She glared at Dawn, fists on her hips in an attempt to intimidate the stowaway. Dawn merely glared back, in no way daunted by the Captain’s threatening scowl.

“What? It was an accident,” Dawn protested her innocence defensively. She understood her hands had been where they shouldn’t but she’d just apologised to Tara, surely that should have been enough.

By now Tara was fully awake and watching the argument between the two girls. She let out a sigh, rolled her eyes and shook her head.

“Ya know full well that Tara be the Captain’s, which happens ta be me by the way, she’s MY woman. So the only one who gets ta play with her tits is me and not you, understood?” Dawn stared at her for a moment before her eyes narrowed and she crossed her arms across her chest. Now she was pissed. She could understand Willow and Tara both being upset with where her hands were placed but she had at least apologised and after all it was just an accident. The way the pirate queen was going on about it though, anyone would think Dawn had been pleasuring Tara herself.

By now many of the girls were fully awake and had gathered in a large circle round the three figures central to this particular mini drama. They were looking forward to some fun and possibly even a good fist fight as it was well known throughout the Slayer crew about Dawn being headstrong and her numerous clashes with Willow.

“I’ll put my ‘damn meat-hooks’ wherever I bloody well please!” And to emphasize the point she squeezed Tara’s breast as a point of defiance, entirely forgetting that there was a woman attached to it. A woman with blazing blue eyes and a look that inspired terror

You could have heard a pin drop, the silence was almost deafening, broken only by the waves rolling to the shore. Everyone was so shocked and amazed by what had just occurred before them. Dawn, the youngest member of the crew had placed her hand on the body of the Captain’s woman. Everybody knew you didn’t do this, certainly not if you valued your life. Several of the Slayerettes were actually slightly in awe of Dawn’s actions as more than a few of them had cast admiring glances Tara’s way, even if the girl herself wasn’t aware of them.

The Slayerette’s weren’t the only ones in shock by what had just happened. Tara, Buffy and Willow all gaped, open-mouthed at Dawn and her actions which none of them would have believed were possible from her.

It was Tara herself who finally broke the silence.

“Dawn, would you kindly remove your hands from my body.” If Tara’s glare was icy then her tone of voice was definitely sub-zero. The younger girl turned her attention from glaring at Willow to the blonde girl and saw the hostile look on her face then turned her attentions to her hand on Tara’s boob. Again her face became as red as Willow’s hair and she quickly, albeit reluctantly, removed her hand from Tara’s body.

“Sorry,” Dawn said in a quiet, meek voice, suddenly very nervous of having angered the girl that she considered a friend.

“Thank you,” Tara said curtly after Dawn had taken her hand off her body.

“Aye, I should think so too,” Willow yelled at the younger girl, fury still emblazoned on her face making it as red as a poppy. “What the hell where ya thinkin’ Dawn, oh wait yeah that’s right , ya weren’t thinkin’ were ya, like as always.”

“Oh that’s right Willow, blame me as always, don’t stop and think it may be your fault. You know full well that the first time was just accidental in my sleep. I only put my hands on Tara’s ti...her boobs,” Dawn swiftly corrected herself aware of Tara’s eyes boring into the back of her head and she didn’t want to offend her further. “I only put my hands on her boobs purposely because you decided to make a big deal out of it even though I’d already apologised.”

All this time Buffy was holding her hand over her mouth trying to suppress the laughter that was threatening to erupt from her at any second seeing her sister getting herself into trouble not only with Willow but Tara too.

“STOP IT BOTH OF YOU!!!!.” Willow froze with her mouth open as did Dawn, both staring with terrified fascination at Tara, who resembled the war goddess Karakka ready to strike. Her blue eyes, normally like that of a summer sky, were now cold and icy like a glacier. If looks were daggers Dawn and Willow would have died instantly. They turned to each other, fear plain on both their faces. “I am sick and tired of you both arguing and bickering all the time. You two behave more like children than the adults you’re supposed to be. You Willow, do I like a piece of meat in a butchers shop awaiting someone to get their ‘hooks’ into me? And you Dawn. Just what in the hell did you think you were doing just then, placing your hands on my breasts? Do you take me for some kind of squeeze toy?”

The two girls began babbling apologies and excuses but Tara the Vengeful was not easily appeased. They saw a glare in Tara’s eyes that terrified them both more than anything they had seen or experienced before. Indeed so afraid were they that Dawn and Willow were practically holding each other for comfort, fear writ large on both their faces.

“We’re in trouble aren’t we Will?”

“Aye girl, that we are,” Willow replied nervously. “Right, now listen carefully. I want ya ta slowly step back wi me.” As she felt the redhead move back a step Dawn followed in her wake only for Tara to also move a step forward on them.

“What’s plan B Will.” Dawn was nervous. She had become so used to the warm friendliness of the witch, to see her now all angry and intimidating, it quite unnerved the girl, especially as Tara was edging ever closer towards the two, fury still plain on her face. In a panic they both turned, crashed briefly into each other before beginning to sprint towards the shelter of the jungle. Willow paused for a moment and turned back in an attempt to save grace

“I’m off to go hunt some—“

Tara inhaled to begin shouting again and Willow took one look at the blonde’s red face and flashing eyes; then sprinted after Dawn who had not bothered to wait for her captain.

“Wait for me,” she shouted to the fleeing girl as she tried to catch her up before she entered the impenetrable depths of the jungle.

“Hi, come back here I’m not done with you two,” yelled out Tara as she set off in pursuit of Dawn and Willow her dress hitched just above her knees to enable her to run faster. “Next time I see you I’ll turn you into a frog Willow,” she hollered after them but by now they were out of earshot. Finally she gave up and headed back to where the rest of the ships crew were falling about the sandy beach in tears of laughter at the events that had just occurred.

“Oh gods that was hilarious Tara. I’ve never seen Willow as scared before in all the time that I’ve known her.” Buffy laughed out loud as she gave a friendly slap on the back to her fellow blonde. In response Tara merely turned her icy glare on to Buffy whose laugh slowly sputtered to a stop and the broad smile slowly faded from her face as the blonde’s chilly stare made Buffy shiver to the bone.

“Errr yeah, well, I’ll just be over there,” Buffy said suddenly nervous of the witch and she set off across the beach to where some of the pirate crew were practising combat moves, both with and without swords.

Xander, who had slept through the whole incident, came strolling up, shirt over one shoulder so that his body was bare to the warm morning sun and he scratched away at a stubbly chin while yawning hugely. “Mornin’ Tara,” he said cheerfully to the young witch. Even though she ignored him he carried on, totally oblivious to her cool reaction. “Is there any rat left for breakfast?” She turned toward him and he was completely taken aback by the furious scowl on her face. “Shut up Xander,” she snarled at him before setting off back up the trail to the lagoon where she had made love with Willow the previous day. “What, what did I do,” said Xander to Tara’s retreating back, his voice small and helpless.
------------------------------------------------
Willow and Tara traipsed through the jungle, both taken aback by Tara’s reaction and were quiet with their thoughts. As well as being a little angry at each other after the incident on the beach. They had caught a few parrots with their pig stickers, hurling them into the trees as improvised spears, hooking the clawed toes onto their belt so they could be easily carried.

Noon came and the two hunters settled down for lunch. They had lit a small fire and were each roasting a parrot on a long stick after having twisted off the heads of the birds and plucked as many feathers as possible, adding them to the fire causing it to spit little sparks into the air.

They were in a small clearing and seated on a tree trunk. It had plainly been uprooted during a recent storm and a great many other trees in the area had been damaged and bent out of shape. However the trunks of these trees were still connected to the roots and thus were still upright. The trees were of an unusual colouring, the bark, a bright silver while the leaves were of a dark red shade with razor sharp edges, something that Willow, to her chagrin discovered, when having seen small clusters of red berries decided to get some to take back thinking that Tara could possibly use it either as a form of medicine or as a garnish for food.

As she had reached in through the leaves one of them sliced the back of her hand leaving a bloody gash which did nothing to improve her black mood. Both she and Dawn were still shocked at Tara’s reaction. They were both so used to the blonde’s gentle nature that to see her lose her temper the way she had, had taken them both by surprise. So there they sat in silent contemplation both wondering how they could possibly make it up to the girl who meant so much to them.

Surprisingly, it was Dawn who ended the silence between them.

“How’s your hand?” The question was asked quietly, without malice or offensiveness. Just casually and with a little concern, almost as if it were a paper cut as opposed to one from an unknown, possibly poisonous, plant.

“’S a’right, I had worse in me time. Could a’ been worse I s’pose, by now I could a’ had branches growin’ outta me arms and a woodpecker hammering me head.” She grinned broadly at Dawn as she said this and was glad to see a similarly wide smile from the younger girl. Deciding that she was making progress in trying to make things up with Dawn, Willow continued chatting with her. Once and for all she wanted to make peace with Dawn. She genuinely liked Dawn and wanted to see the girl grow and become the fine sailor and pirate she knew Dawn would become. Also she was tired of fighting and arguing with the girl constantly. Whilst the admired Dawn’s spunk and her refusal to back down from a fight or her willingness to work hard with the rest of the crew when she wasn’t guarding Tara. It was, however, the younger girl’s ability to answer back and argue, particularly with Willow, that the redhead found most wearying.

“Willow?”

“Aye girl, what is it?”

“What was wrong with Tara this morning? She’s not usually pissed at us like that.” “Oh ta hell if I know Dawn,” Willow grumbled in reply. “Ya know I been wi’ more’n a few girls in me time and they all been bloody mad as a box o’ matches. I dunno. Who can say what goes through their minds, damn crazy women.”

Dawn didn’t say anything just nodded in agreement with Willow’s declaration, a sage look on her face. Then she hesitated a moment as she thought back to the redheads words, a crease furrowing her brow. She looked up at Willow who was munching down on a roast parrot then looked back at the fire a quizzical expression permeating her youthful features. At length the girl spoke.

“Willow?”

“Aye lass.”

“You’re a woman aren’t you?”

Willow slowly raised her head and looked over at Dawn with a raised eyebrow and a questioning look on her face. “I was last time I looked, why?”

“Well doesn’t that make you crazy too?”

Willow opened her mouth ready with a witty comeback, then stopped, her mouth open in the shape of an ‘O’ as she took in Dawn’s query. In the end Willow just scowled and gave the only reply she could come up with.

“Shut up Dawn, and eat yer parrot afore it gets burnt.”

Dawn was going to speak up again but noticed the dangerous look in the redhead’s eyes, almost daring her to make a comment, and decided to shut up.

As they ate in a peaceful silence, Willow would glance over in Dawn’s direction every couple of seconds. Deep down she knew that she would have to make things right with the girl after the incident on the beach but didn’t really want to after having seen the girl’s hands all over Tara’s breasts. It stuck in Willow’s craw, the idea of having to say sorry to Dawn, but she knew she had to say something to make it up to Dawn, even if she didn’t agree with it.

“Dawn,” she said, breaking the calm silence between them.

“Hmm umm?”Dawn replied, her mouth full of juicy roast parrot.

“I umm, I er... I just wanted ta say sorry fer yelling at yer on the beach. But ya did have yer meathooks all over me woman.” Dawn had enough grace to drop her head slightly in embarrassment here as she understood how much it took for the pirate to apologise like that. She also realised that she was going to have to be equally contrite.

Ah well, I’ve said sorry so often lately one more time won’t make any difference I guess.

“I’m sorry too Willow, I really didn’t put my hands on her boobs on purpose when I was sleeping, it was an accident. I...I had been dreaming that I was with Simone. It was only when you woke me that I realized where I was. And where my hand was,” she finished in a small voice.

“And then ya decided ta get a lil stroppy an’ challenge me eh...” Willow had a wry grin on her face as she understood the apology that Dawn was trying to make.

“I was just pissed at you though for yelling at me for no reason other than something that I didn’t do on purpose it just, y’know, happened. I woke and my hands were ya know, where they were.”

“Aye lass, I know where they were, I got a good eyeful as I recall,” Willow replied with not a little mirth in her voice. She nodded her head wisely as she took in what Dawn said, appreciating the awkwardness the girl felt deep inside. After a moment’s quiet Willow spoke again.

“Dawn, d’ya hate me or summat, it’s just I can’t get me head round yer behaviour most o’ the time. If ya got some kinda problem then we gotta sort it out cos what we’re heading inta, I dunno. But I got a crew I havta protect from fuck knows what and that ain’t just Tara. It includes yer sister and Xander too, so let me know what’s what.”

Dawn was dumbstruck. She had no words to reply with, all she could do was stare at Willow who just gazed back at her calmly. The silence seemed to be everlasting, broken only by the squawking of the parrots in the trees and the crackle of fat dripping from the roasting birds onto the small fire.

“W...Willow, no...no I don’t hate you. I’ve never hated you. I’ve always told you, you’re my hero Will. I know that I’ve done some things that you hated but I promise you I don’t do it on purpose. I wish I could tell you why I’ve done those things but I can’t. All I can do is say I’m sorry and hope you’ll understand and forgive me, but please believe me when I say that I do not hate you.”

Willow could hear the honesty in the girl’s voice and understood herself what it was like to be young and reckless and not give a damn for not so very long ago she had been just like Dawn. Now things were different. Willow wasn’t some naive recruit but a Captain with two ships and crews to think about. She gazed thoughtfully at Dawn for a while before deciding the girl’s future.

“I understand what yer saying Dawn, but I gotta take care o’ me crew as I told ya and I ain’t got the time ta watch out fer ya or ta keep fightin’ with ya. I seen ya work and ya do good, ya make me proud, and Buffy too.”

“But ya gotta unnerstand Dawn, though we’re on a treasure hunt, fer me Tara is the treasure. She is what I bin huntin’ fer and now I have her I don’t need nuffin else. I love her Dawn. I dunno what magic she done ta me but I love her an I’ll give up all I got if it means I get ta keep her wi’ me forever and I ain’t willing ta let anyone else near her either. There was another short silence before Willow continued,

“And Dawn, if ya ever tell anyone what I just told ya, I’ll make ya walk the plank,” and she grinned at her companion in a friendly manner which Dawn reciprocated.

“Does this mean we’re friends again?” She asked of the redhead “Aye Dawn, I reckons as how it does, long as ya follow me orders and don’t piss about, we’re friends again,” and with those words the redhead spat on her hand and held it out for the Dawn who mirrored Willow’s actions, and took her hand in a firm grip and shook it.

For the first time in what felt like for ever Willow felt a great burden ease off her shoulders now she had hopefully cleared the air between herself and Dawn.

“C’mon lass let’s head back,” the redhead said cheerily as she rose from the tree trunk. “But we haven’t caught anything much,” Dawn protested wondering why they were heading back to the camp on the beach so soon.

“Aye, I know girl but they’re sure to have caught plenty of fish at the beach. We’ll just get Tara ta make a fish stew, we only had it what, 175 times now?” She asked the question with a cheeky grin but inwardly was glad the blonde witch wasn’t there or she would be in serious trouble with her lover.

“Nah, more like 300,” replied Dawn returning the grin. “But at least this time there’ll be coconut in it too.”

“Ha, yer like me girl, thinking with yer belly,” Willow laughed as Dawn stood from the tree. She put her arm back over the brunette’s shoulders and Dawn did the same as they set off down the path and back to their friends.
-----------------------------------------------
It wasn’t long before they were back at the encampment, laughing and joking together as if they were the oldest of friends. On the beach the crew had ended their combat practice and were sunning themselves on the sand, swimming in the ocean or sitting around in groups chatting amongst themselves. It didn’t escape willow’s attention that some of the girls from the Slayer had come over whilst most of the night watch had gone back to the ship to prep it for sail. A group of three called to Dawn as soon as she and Willow appeared from the jungle and, slipped her arm from round the redhead’s shoulders and hurried over to them, joining in the excited chatter.

Willow scanned around for Tara, determined to make it up to the blonde. She quickly espied the object of her affections by her blue dress. She, like many others, was lying on the sand under the gorgeous sun apparently asleep. The pirate chieftain walked over to Tara dumping the parrots by the fire for cooking that night.

She knelt as she reached the witch and looked at the girls face, so peaceful in her slumber. A gentle smile tugged at the girl’s mouth and her face was clean and untarnished despite all the events that had happened to her since stepping aboard the Slayer. Just to gaze upon the blonde’s beautiful face made Willow fall in love all over again. She bent her head and kissed Tara’s forehead before uttering her name quietly.

Tara flinched a little as Willow’s shadow blocked her from the sun. Her eyes fluttered as they adjusted to the light before she clearly saw Willow smiling down at her.

“Ya a’right Tara, d’ya have a good sleep?” Willow voice was alive with joy as she asked her questions, fully aware that she would have to eat a large slice of humble pie, something she was willing to do if she were to stay in Tara’s good books.

“I’m very well thank you,” Tara replied, her voice cool. “Are you and Dawn friends or are you still fighting?”

“Nah, we kissed and made up. Well, we didn’t kiss ‘zactly but we shook hands,” Willow said, a smile on her face hiding her fear that Tara was going to alienate herself from the pirate.

“Good,” was all Tara said before turning her eyes toward the sea. The silence was a vast chasm between the girls, each with their own thoughts and fears. Finally Tara ended the quiet. “Willow,” she said in a soft voice, “we need to talk.”

TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited by willowtaralover on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:33 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dibs

Great Chapter.

Poor Dawn. That's twice that Simone has been violently taken away from her. And both times it looked like Tara was to blame. Glad Dawn was able to understand.

:lol at Willow's overreaction.

Quote:
Indeed so afraid were they that Dawn and Willow were practically holding each other for comfort, fear writ large on both their faces.

I LOVE that you are able stay in pirate-grammer even outside the dialog. :)

Quote:
Willow and Tara traipsed through the jungle, both taken aback by Tara’s reaction

I think you meant 'Willow and DAWN' ;)

Quote:
“Who can say what goes through their minds, damn crazy women.”

“Willow?”

“Aye lass.”

“You’re a woman aren’t you?”

Willow slowly raised her head and looked over at Dawn with a raised eyebrow and a questioning look on her face. “I was last time I looked, why?”

“Well doesn’t that make you crazy too?”

Willow opened her mouth ready with a witty comeback, then stopped, her mouth open in the shape of an ‘O’ as she took in Dawn’s query. In the end Willow just scowled and gave the only reply she could come up with.

“Shut up Dawn, and eat yer parrot afore it gets burnt.”

:rofl I had the exact same thought as Dawn

Quote:
“Willow,” she said in a soft voice, “we need to talk.”

Oh Oh. My guess is that Tara is going to explain about being 'owned' by her father and brother and how she won't put up with it anymore.

Can't wait for more.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:01 am 
5. Willowhand

This update made me laugh. I could picture everything.

Please update again soon, Doll.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:34 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hey, Rick!!!

GREAT job on both the comedy bit with Blazing Tara AND the funny make-up conversation between Dawn and Willow!

Have to agree with BuffyFan4Ever (the Dibs-master who has beaten me, blast his ornery hide!) on the theory that Tara may not like Willow's language of ownership.

Some total highlights for me were:

Quote:
The two girls began babbling apologies and excuses but Tara the Vengeful was not easily appeased. They saw a glare in Tara’s eyes that terrified them both more than anything they had seen or experienced before. Indeed so afraid were they that Dawn and Willow were practically holding each other for comfort, fear writ large on both their faces.

“We’re in trouble aren’t we Will?”

“Aye girl, that we are,” Willow replied nervously. “Right, now listen carefully. I want ya ta slowly step back wi me.” As she felt the redhead move back a step Dawn followed in her wake only for Tara to also move a step forward on them.

“What’s plan B Will.” Dawn was nervous. She had become so used to the warm friendliness of the witch, to see her now all angry and intimidating, it quite unnerved the girl, especially as Tara was edging ever closer towards the two, fury still plain on her face. In a panic they both turned, crashed briefly into each other before beginning to sprint towards the shelter of the jungle. Willow paused for a moment and turned back in an attempt to save grace

“I’m off to go hunt some—“

Tara inhaled to begin shouting again and Willow took one look at the blonde’s red face and flashing eyes; then sprinted after Dawn who had not bothered to wait for her captain.

“Wait for me,” she shouted to the fleeing girl as she tried to catch her up before she entered the impenetrable depths of the jungle.
I love their utter TARA-fied response to our blue-eyed girl's justifiable fury. And I love Dawn sprinting off to leave Willow to her fate and her nervous question about "plan B". This is GREAT comedy, Rick! :rofl :laugh :lmao

Also love Buffy getting the Tara-glare and retreating as well as Xander, the innocent, getting hammered as well. Tara's taken a lot of crap, she's a woman and she should be allowed to unload like anyone else. But I think Xander is able to shrug it off and be okay. Nice work! :grin

Quote:
“What was wrong with Tara this morning? She’s not usually pissed at us like that.” “Oh ta hell if I know Dawn,” Willow grumbled in reply. “Ya know I been wi’ more’n a few girls in me time and they all been bloody mad as a box o’ matches. I dunno. Who can say what goes through their minds, damn crazy women.”

Dawn didn’t say anything just nodded in agreement with Willow’s declaration, a sage look on her face. Then she hesitated a moment as she thought back to the redheads words, a crease furrowing her brow. She looked up at Willow who was munching down on a roast parrot then looked back at the fire a quizzical expression permeating her youthful features. At length the girl spoke.
It does a lovely job of showing both Dawn's hero worship of Willow, her admiration, THEN her almost reluctant need to think further and disagree. Also, as a lesbian I claim the right to agree that women are crazy, while remaining one myself! :grin Also, Willow response commanding Dawn to eat her parrot before it gets burned is hilarious! :lol :lmao :rofl

Nice comic break after the intensity of the previous post - good pacing and I can hardly wait to see what's next!

So keep writing! :kgeek :whip

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:42 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 1
I love the amount of adventure you have going on in the story. It really keeps me riveted and anxious to what happens next. I also like how you use dialogue to carry the story, not just narration. Heh, I need to learn a thing or two from you on that before I can improve on my own story.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:14 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 3
Okay, so I am testing the treacherous waters of your fic. I have to clear something up first. I have this . . . thing, where I have a problem with the way our modern society has glorified the role of pirates in our history. I understand the romaticism of it all but, it just, grrr, drives me a little crazy. These were not nice people, who did some truly heinous things, so I'm sorry I haven't attempted to read this earlier. (I know, I'm weird.)

That being said, I also believe in supporting my peers and because of that I am here and I am reading. I'm not too far in yet, but I love the adventurous nature of your tale and your use of description in your action scenes. I also love your mixture of the piracy and the magic. I'm very interested to see where you take that. I don't know your versions of the characters well enough yet to relay my feelings about them, but I am excited to find out more such as their backstories and their motivations. I will have more to comment on later as I make my way through, but for now just know that I am reading and I am liking. :)

Remodeling: The Reconstruction of Tara Maclay / W/T Potpourri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:02 am 
8. Vixen

BuffyFan4Ever Poor Dawn indeed but it was only certain disreputable elements on the Slayer who accused Tara first time around. Good catch on the ‘Willow and Tara’ miswrite error, award yourself a chocolate cookie. There’s gonna be quite a talk between the girls in this chapter but it’ll benefit their relationship in the long run.

fhiwda I’m so glad you liked this chapter, I felt that both the readers and the characters deserved a bit of a break and some laughs especially as there’s going to be some really heavy stuff coming soon.

Ariel Oh yeah, Tara is going to have definite views on Willow’s idea of ownership, and she’s not going to take them lying down. You wrote ‘I love their utter TARA-fied response to our blue-eyed girl's justifiable fury. And I love Dawn sprinting off to leave Willow to her fate and her nervous question about "plan B". This is GREAT comedy, Rick!’ You’re too generous with your praise Ariel but please don’t forget that it wouldn’t be half as funny or as good if I didn’t have you as the wonderful beta that you are so a big thank you very much for your help, my story wouldn’t be the same without you.

Knightwithoutacause Ahoy there Knight and welcome aboard. :bigwave I’m glad you’re enjoying my adventure and I hope you stay til the very end as there will be much more adventure, drama, comedy and of course some sweet Willow/Tara loving. I have read your story and from what I saw there’s very little that you need to improve your story apart from more chapters and I look forward to reading more of ‘Shadows Dancing for the Sun’.

True_Love Ahoy there True_Love and welcome aboard. :bigwave No, I don’t believe you’re weird as I read up on some pirates beforehand for research and yeah, they were pretty brutal and cruel. However this is why I’ve made Willow more of a Robin Hood/adventuress type, come on it is Willow, and in her early career witnessed some major atrocities which made her the person she is but all this will be revealed later in the story. Thank you very much for your support, I’ve always As for your reading and enjoying my story, well its the only reason that I write, for everyone to read and enjoy my stories as I read and enjoy other writers stories like your own.

THE ADVENTURES OF RED ROSENBERG
DEAD MAN’S ISLE

Author; Willowtaralover

Disclaimer; Willow, Tara and all Buffy characters are owned by Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and Fox. The story and all original characters are mine alone.

Story; Rough, tough pirate Willow ‘Red’ Rosenberg is on the search for treasure but finds including romance with a beautiful blonde, betrayal from a previously loyal crew-member and deadly danger in the shape of a necromancer, and his army of undead, who plans to resurrect an evil goddess.

Thoughts are in italics

Authors note; A big thanks goes out to Ariel for helping with the editing and providing some great dialogue for the girls.

Chapter 23
Tara Has Her Say
------------------------------------------------------------------
Previously on Red Rosenberg

The silence was a vast chasm between the girls, each with their own thoughts and fears. Finally Tara ended the quiet. “Willow,” she said in a soft voice, “we need to talk.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Willow swallowed hard at Tara’s words for they made her sorely afraid. She knew that the argument that morning on the beach had upset the blonde witch but she hadn’t realised the depth of Tara’s unhappiness.

“Willow, I need to know what we are. Are we together, a couple or am I just a bit of fun to you? Do you plan to forget me once we get back to your island base?” Though her voice was soft there was a hard edge to Tara’s question that made Willow shudder despite the warmth from the sun.

“No. No, Tara no o’ course yer not fun ta me.” Tara frowned at this and Willow, realising what she had just said, quickly corrected herself. “I mean, you mean a lot to me Tara. I...”

“Willow, I was treated as nothing by my father and brother,” interrupted Tara, a look of mild irritation on her face at Willows response, “as less then nothing by them both. They didn’t treat me as a person but as a piece of property, as if they owned me like a pet dog,” continued Tara bitterness clear in her honeyed voice, her gaze still focused on the blue ocean, “a dog that had shit on the floor.”

Willow looked up sharply upon hearing Tara cuss so, and the harsh tone to her voice. Normally the witch was so polite and soft spoken that to hear her swear as she just had came as a great shock to the pirate chief and forced her to look at her lover in a new light.

“Xander told you that they had me sleeping in the sewers because they believed that was where I belonged,” Willow nodded in acquiescence at what Tara told her remembering it very well from the time she had first met the beautiful blonde on Narina. “Then we met and you rescued me from that sordid place. You took me aboard your ship and gave me a place there and as I got to know you, I...I grew to love you.”

The blonde stopped here for a moment and looked out to sea again as she recalled all the moments she had spent aboard the Slayer and in particular all the moments spent with Willow. She felt the redheads arms circle her body whilst showing her how to steer the pirate vessel, soft lips against her own as they kissed for the first time, the moment they finally made love together and Willow’s body pressing against her own. As she recalled all this she remembered the feel of soft, warm skin against her fingers, forest green eyes filled with so much love. Love that she hadn’t seen since her mother had passed away.

She turned back to face Willow who sat there in the sand facing her, a furrow of worry on her brow and eyes so full of sadness that Tara’s heart broke at the sight and, despite being mad at her lover, she placed her hand on the redhead’s knee.

“Willow, please don’t let my love for you have been in vain, you mean so much to me and if I felt that you never truly did care for me...”

“Tara, I...I do love ya, ya must believe that. All the time we spent t’gether, ya mean so much ta me.” Willow’s voice quavered with an emotional resonance to it as she realised for the first time that she and Tara may not always be together forever in the way that she dreamed of.

“I do believe it Willow but I am not going to be spoken about as if I’m someone’s property ever again. And I am certainly not the ‘Captain’s Woman’ as you described me. Do you have any idea how humiliating that sounds, not just to me but to any woman? My name is Tara and from now on that is how I want you to refer to me and not as your woman.

“You’ve always been your own person Willow, I know that from the stories you’ve told me about your life, but I never had that opportunity. From the moment I could walk and hold things without spilling I was a slave in that tavern, and it became worse after my mother died. All day every day it was Tara do this, Tara go there, I had to do all the heavy fetching and carrying. Even the pot cleaner didn’t work as hard as I nor take the abuse that I had to endure.”

As Willow heard the blonde’s tale of woe, her face became sadder and sadder. She had known that Tara had led a miserable life with her father inn the tavern on Narina, that much had been plain when she had first set eyes on her future lover. But to hear it from Tara’s mouth, to Willow it was the most upsetting thing ever.

“Tara, I know that ya never had the same chances that I had before but once ya came aboard the Slayer ya became yer own boss. I know I said ye be the Captain’s woman but it don’t mean yer me slave or that I own ya. It’s just that...you know...I is a pirate and pirates...well we see summat, we want it, we take it and we have it y’see. Umm...that ain’t a good way ta put it is it really?”

Tara couldn’t help but give a little smile at the flustered look on the redhead’s face.

“Not really no but I understand what you mean,” her voice was soft, laced with sympathy while her face was gentle with undisguised love. “However,” she continued becoming serious again “that still does not give you the right to talk about me as if I were property.”

“Tara. I’m sorry that I hurt ya wi me words, I never meant ta do that ta ya, it’s just me way is all. Tara ya gotta know this, yer the only other girl I loved in me life and I love ya even more’n I did Roberta.” Now it was Willow who looked away, her gaze turned to the sea as she recalled her lost love. After a few moments of quiet, during which Tara gently rubbed her shoulder in sympathy. Finally, she turned back to face Tara, her eyes wet as the memory of Roberta showed in her eyes.

“I mourned Roberta. I cried over her Tara. But ye and what ye are t’me. Tara it’s like the sun t’ a candle. You Tara, yer me sun n’ if ya go...I dunno what I‘ll do. So, d’ya still want to be wi’ me or...?” Willow let the question linger in the air afraid of what Tara’s reply may be.

“I still love you Willow and I know in my heart that I want to be with you because I have never cared about anyone so much in all my life.”

“Tara, please don’t leave me. When I’m with ya I feels’ safe, comfortable, like nothin’ can hurt me. Ya be me happy place.” There was a sad note in the pirate’s voice that Tara had never heard before. It made her pity the redhead even more than before.

“Willow, I’ve already told you that I’ll stay with you as long as you want me to and as long as our love is true and right between us you’re not going to lose me,” Tara smiled kindly and lovingly at the other girl.

“So does this mean we’re good, ya still want ta be wi’ me?” Willow asked still apprehensive, her eyes wide with fear despite Tara’s promise to her.

“Yes Willow, I do still want to be with you but from now on I want us to be equals,” Tara replied a warm smile on her face.”

“Ya always have been me equal Tara, e’en if ya din’t know it,” Willow replied with complete honesty.

Their reconciliation now complete and Willow sure that she was with the woman she would spend forever with. The two smiled at each other before embracing in a tight hug and making mental promises to never hurt the other again.

By now the sun had began to go down and the slight chill in the air told of the encroachment of dusk which would be swiftly followed by its sister, the night.

Willow got to her feet and held out her hand to Tara who willingly took it and stood herself, her bare feet sinking slightly but comfortably into the warm, white sand. They exchanged a loving look at each other and a quick kiss before walking back to where the beach bonfire was roaring away, both happy in the knowledge that now their relationship was solid.

TO BE CONTINUED

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:09 am 
5. Willowhand

DIPS!

and YAY! Reconciliation is always good!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:49 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Just finished Chapter 7. If work wasn't kicking my ass right now I'd keep reading, but unfortunately I don't have much time to spare. I am really loving the action and drama of this story. That kitchen scene back where Tara's father and brother were sounded absolutely disgusting. Thank God I ate several hours ago or I don't think I would be eating dinner tonight. Great sensory detail work. I also love it that you have Dawn and Tara working together. I always loved their bond. Can't wait to see how it develops in this fic.

Looking forward to reading more!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:57 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hey, Rick!

GREAT moment between them with Tara growing in strength and confidence to where she can both declare her love and set her own boundaries.

Not funny, not action, not magic - but a major step forward for them as a couple and I appreciated that! I'm eager to see how they continue to grow while facing awesome challenges to come!

Ariel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:41 pm 

Hey Rick!!

Sorry for my lack of fb lately, things were a bit crazy here...as you know. Anyway, I'm actually glad Tara confronted Willow and laid it out for her. Willow is used to being in charge and taking what she wants, just like she said, but Tara is not a possession. The sooner Willow wraps her head around that, the better. This may have been your shortest update ever, but I'm glad you threw it in because it was very important in moving their relationship forward.

Great job!! Looking forward to more!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:50 am 
8. Vixen

fhiwda I think you meant to say dibs there but dips are good too, especially with potato chips while reading or chatting on the KittenBoard. You’re right there, reconciliation is always good, even more so where Willow and Tara are concerned.

True_Love Hi Lexi glad you’re still reading and enjoying my little adventure. It seems so long ago since I wrote the chapter where they met Tara. I always enjoyed the friendship between Dawn and Tara too but Dawn’s a little awkward and pernickety in this adventure but Tara will soon put her straight.

Ariel It’s taken some time but Tara does feel strong enough to have her say and not meekly follow which is something that Willow admires and respects, as she says, ‘Tara was always her equal’. Make the most of these safe chapters though because our heroes are heading into a whole world of danger once they’re back at sea and on arrival at the Dead Man’s Island. But there’ll be some smut as well.

Finey_McFiney Hi Shel Don’t worry about the lack of update, I’m just glad to see you back on the board. You’re right about Tara saying she’s not a possession, and it also says a great deal about how Tara has grown as a person. She doesn’t stutter as much and if you read the previous two chapters then you’ll see she feels strong enough as a person to be able to put both Willow and Dawn back in their places when they step out of line. But Willow understands that people aren’t property and she’s going to be a lot more respectful of Tara from now on.

THE ADVENTURES OF RED ROSENBERG

DEAD MAN’S ISLE

Author; Willowtaralover

Disclaimer; Willow, Tara and all Buffy characters are owned by Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and Fox. The story and all original characters belong to me.

Story; Rough, tough pirate Willow ‘Red’ Rosenberg is on the search for treasure but finds including romance with a beautiful blonde, betrayal from a previously loyal crew-member and deadly danger in the shape of a necromancer, and his army of undead, who plans to resurrect an evil goddess.

Thoughts are in italics

Chapter 24 Buffy’s story
------------------------------------------
The sound of happy chat and laughter rang in their ears as Willow and Tara approached the bonfire. As they got nearer they saw someone handing out roast parrots while someone else hacked away at a pig that had been cooked on a spit, large hunks of roast pork being handed out to hungry and eager Slayerette’s. Meanwhile at another fire, crabs were being boiled till they were cooked then dished out to members of the pirate crew who would then take their cooked seafood and smash it between two stones to get to the meat inside. Fat dripped onto the fires with a loud sizzle sending up small fireworks of glowing ashes which slowly faded as they gently swirled to the ground. The delicious aroma of cooked meat wafted gently up to the lovers on the evening breeze tantalizing them with the mouth- watering smell.

The two lovers were hand in hand sharing happy looks as they came to their friends by the fire. “I just need to go and see Dawnie a moment,” Tara said to Willow and she gave the redhead a quick kiss on the cheek before going to where the crabs were being cooked. She gave a gentle tap on the younger girls shoulder and Dawn spun round to see the blonde witch standing there, a pleasant look on her face. Dawn froze and her face was a picture of nervous fear until Tara said something that reassured her and she relaxed a little offering some of her crab meat to her ward.

Buffy came over to where her friend was standing, watching Tara and Dawn talking and eating crab meat while sitting Indian style in the sand.

“So I take it you and Tara are friends again?”she asked with a smile on her face, happy that Willow and Tara were still together as a couple, but more importantly Tara wasn’t pissed at anyone anymore. Buffy had seen Willow angry lots of times and had sometimes been on the receiving end of that anger, but Willow was a piece of cake compared to the angry witch and Buffy sincerely hoped that Tara never got that angry again. At least not with her.

“Aye, well she ain’t pissed at us no more,” Willow grinned back in reply, “an’ I plan fer it ta stay that way fer a long, long time.” Willow’s grin faded but she was still clearly contented as she looked over in the direction at Tara and Dawn, still talking and eating crab happily. As she looked at the two other girls she thought about all that had happened since she had given Tara a place on her ship and the closeness that had developed between them. When she spoke again it was with a softer, more thoughtful voice.

“Ya’know Buff, ya know how people say about how they found the one. Well I...I think she may be the one fer me Buffy, I...I think she may be mine. I think love chose us to be together”

Buffy moved closer and placed a friendly arm around her shoulders and gave Willow a loving squeeze.

“Have you told Tara any of this?” Willow shook her head in response. “Nay, though I did tell her that I love her.” “You should tell her you know, she may feel the same way about you,” said Buffy, happy for her friend. She had seen the sad depression Willow had fallen into after the death of Roberta, her first love. Then she saw Willow sleep around going from one girl to another, never staying with any one partner for more than a night, and sometimes less, just an hour or so.

To see her now, with Tara, so happy, happier than she had been in a long time, it filled Buffy with so much joy for her friend. And the belief that her friend believed Tara to be the one for her just increased that joy a hundredfold. Willow never took her eyes off Tara as she replied,

“Ya were always a bit of a romantic weren’t ya Buff. But ya know, I reckons as how I will tell Tara how I feel, t’morrer.”

“C’mon Will, I’m hungry, lets get some food,” and the two friends got some roast pig and a parrot each before joining Tara and Dawn at the other fire. As they neared they overheard Dawn and Tara talking about the spell that the blonde girl had cast the night before.

“So how were you able to bring back Simone’s spirit?”Dawn asked intrigued by the magicks that had been used.

Tara was silent for a while and looked straight at Dawn before deciding she would be bright enough to understand the complexities of magic and religion and how the two intertwined.

“As you know when we die we go to the Golden Palace and sit at the side of our particular god or goddess, when my time comes I will go to Honadel, my own deity, and sit at her side.”

“Yes, but how did you bring her back to us?” Dawn demanded, a frustrated frown marring her features.

“I didn’t bring her back, not exactly.” Tara continued to explain keeping her patience over Dawn’s demanding need to know what had happened. “What I actually did was ask for the essence of Simone to be returned to us for a short time. You see a spell isn’t really magick as you think of it, it’s more a prayer to our individual god’s or goddesses.”

Willow’s face furrowed into a frown as she took in what Tara had said, “So the spell or the prayer persuades the god ta give ya what ya want?”

“This is possible but only with certain gods, the war goddess Karakka for instance, jealously guards the souls of her worshippers and will never release them to revisit their families or friends for fear of attack from another god or goddess who may cause her harm. Others willingly do harm to those who believe in them just out of the pleasure it brings them.”

“That’s terrible,” Dawn said, her brow furrowed in anger at the thought that there was some being somewhere that could hurt others and enjoy it.

Even Willow frowned at this for, even though she was a pirate and, by her own admission, had hurt others herself, it had only been in the name of self preservation. Never had she hurt anyone for pleasure, though she had known plenty who had.

“So what you’re saying,” commented Buffy “is that you don’t actually bring people back, but ask for their spirits to be returned?”

“Essentially yes, as long as the god of the person whose spirit we’re trying to see allows their kin...I suppose you’d say visiting rights,” said Tara with a nod of her head in response, pleased that she had gotten what could be a complex idea across so successfully. “But the spirit can only come back for a short time and there can never be a revival of the deceased because we don’t know how badly decomposed a body can be. You try to resurrect a dead person and they could very well come back as an Ugnaught, an undead creature.”

“Tara, you said that a spell is really a prayer to your goddess,” began Dawn ever curious. The blond merely nodded as an affirmative. “So why didn’t you wish yourself out of that tavern where you were and into a happier life?”

This new question aroused everyone’s interest; after all if it was possible for Tara to ask her goddess for things then maybe the others could as well and retire to lives of luxury.

“It’s not that simple Dawn, you have to have spent nearly all your life in worship of your relevant god or goddess. I was raised to pray and venerate Honadel and part of that credo is I cannot wish for anything for myself, only for other people. I can only ask for help for myself in the direst of circumstances.”

There was a quiet collective moan from the surrounding attentive group as they each realised that there was no way they would ever get a life of opulence and idle extravagance.

Buffy sat staring into the fire a thoughtful expression on her face. For a long time no one paid any attention to the quiet girl while they all enjoyed the food, chatting about what they had done during the day, some spoke about the warning that Simone’s spirit had given the night before wondering what the danger could be.

After a while it came to Willow’s notice that one of her dearest friends had grown so very quiet. She looked over at Buffy and saw her gazing deep into the fire.

“Are ya a’right there Buff?” she asked concerned for her friend for she had never seen Buffy so quiet, so contemplative before.

“Yeah, it’s just....could you give me a moment?” and with that she stood and walked over to a darker part of the beach looking over the ocean, now an inky black mirror, the tiny white diamonds of the stars dancing on its rippled surface as small waves splashed gently against the sandy shore. A few minutes later and Dawn joined her. The blonde looked at her sister and wrapped an arm round her pulling her into a tight hug.

Willow, Tara, Xander and others looked with curiosity to where the two girls stood hugging each other. They could hear glimpses of speech but not enough to make the full conversation, what was apparent however was that the two girls were arguing, they just didn’t know what.

“...we should...” Dawn began

“Are you sure....,” Buffy replied.

“...want to...,”

“...something bad?”

“....not”

“...a chance.”

After a few minutes like this the siblings returned but didn’t sit. They exchanged a look at one another and Dawn nodded.

“Tara,” Buffy began hesitantly “Dawn and I were wondering if you could help us contact our mother.”

“Y...your mother,” said Tara revealing her stutter for the first time in the long time.

“Please Tara,” Dawn continuing where her sister had left off. “We haven’t seen her in over five years. The last time we saw her was when she placed us on the ship out of Lotharin, our home.”

“Why would she do such a thing?” Tara enquired wondering why any loving mother would send her children away.

“There was a war,” began Buffy as she and Dawn sat down close to each other while from across the fire Liana watched the younger sibling closely as all around listened to the tale of Buffy and Dawn.

“Lotharin is...was...,” Buffy stopped and looked deep into the fire again, a distant look in her eyes. Dawn placed her hand gently on Buffy’s arm getting a sad smile from her sister before continuing with the story.

“Lotharin was a peaceful country, it wasn’t perfect sometimes the people complained over taxes or too little food going round, we had occasional trouble with pirates.” Upon hearing this Willow looked away and began whistling softly to herself, an action that Tara noticed and grinned at before returning to Buffy’s tale, “...but on the whole we were a peaceful nation. Then our ships started getting attacked. At first it wasn’t much, just some merchant vessels and patrol ships coming back scorched, charred and burnt but the crews were still all alive, we just had no idea who was doing it. We believed at first it was just some pirates being a little more daring than normal.”

“But then we started hearing about how other ships had been completely destroyed, not just ours but ships from other countries that we traded with like Karnten, Pahari and Khakashan. The stories we heard as well about entire ships being completely destroyed by fireballs coming from nowhere and blowing up some of their patrol ships by igniting the gunpowder stored in the hold and with the cannons.”

“There was a lot of death and destruction but no one knew why. It wasn’t long before the four kingdoms were starting to accuse each other of the attacks and were each soon preparing for war. So our parents, Queen Joyce and King Ranald of Lotharin, our home country, decided to hold a forum between the four nations, our own, Karnten, Pahari and Khakashan. All the kings came with their consorts, advisors and sorcerers.”

“Then someone bought word that the danger came from the isle of Lerethos which made no sense as the Lerethosians had no advanced magic that powerful and their army wasn’t exactly formidable. It just seemed so ridiculous. Two days later we learned what the Lerethosians had to cause such destruction.”

On the other side of the fire one of the girls quickly looked around and, ensuring that the others were too engrossed whispering in Buffy’s story to pay attention she slipped away, unnoticed into the jungle.

“It was the day when the kings of the other three kingdoms were setting off to return to their realms,” continued Buffy. “It was a beautiful day with the sun high in the sky and...”

“I remember that day,” interrupted Dawn earning herself another glare from her sister. “They had all these extra guards on watch so they, along with the fishermen who were returning with the morning catch, and the gulls kept trying to steal fish.”

The young girl looked around herself for a moment with a grin, only to be faced with a scowling Buffy.”

“What?” she asked innocently. “I was only adding something before you left it out.”

“Have you quite finished?” Buffy asked with the kind of strictness usually associated with severe teachers.

“Yeah, sure,” Dawn replied with an exaggerated sigh and muttered curse words under her breath as she looked away getting a grin from Xander.

“Dawn and I stood on the quayside with our parents, who had been the hosts to the meeting. Guards were on duty all around in case of an attack of some kind as the other rulers and their attendants prepared to bid farewell to one another and pay their respects to their hosts. “

“There were the Paharis with their bright coloured, feather adorned clothes while their bodies were daubed in a veritable rainbow of paints which stood out in stark contrast to the dark ebony of their skins, all in honour of Sumaba their god of friendship and goodwill to all men.

Their ship, The Zandrizi was a similar reflection of the warm heartedness of the Pahari with each of the ships seven sails being a different colour of the rainbow while the ship’s body itself was painted white.”

“The Paharis were followed by the more sombre Khakashanians who were dressed in their ceremonial robes of purple velvet. It didn’t go unnoticed by either of us that the entourage of the sovereign were sweating heavily under the sun as their leader followed all the proper protocol procedures in bidding farewell to mother and father.” Buffy stopped for a moment and a small smile brightened her face as she recalled seeing the olive men dressed in their regal robes of purple, sweat running down their faces like water over a waterfall.

Buffy suddenly turned to her sister, her face alight as a memory returned to the forefront of her mind.

“Dawn, do you remember that bet we made over who would collapse first, the man-at-arms or the man holding the robes train of Lord Ba’al?”

“Oh God’s yeah, and I won didn’t I when the holder of the robes train suddenly collapsed. Oh that was so funny. Do you remember mother and father trying not to laugh at what had happened and Lord Ba’al just frowned at them?”

Buffy’s smile widened as she recollected the incident from so long ago in her life when all had seemed much less dangerous and the scariest thing she had to worry about were her classes on deportment and needlecraft.

Then other memories took their place and her smile faded as a horrific nightmare took their place.

“Then everything went strange. It went so strange so suddenly. While everybody was laughing at the sight of Lord Ba’al trying to keep his dignity I don’t know why but I felt the need to look up to the sky. As I looked I saw something, a black tiny speck in the distance but as it came closer I don’t know why but I grew afraid and I mean really scared, like I knew death was imminent

“Is that why you suddenly wrapped your arms around me?” Dawn asked with concern and Buffy merely nodded in affirmation before continuing.

“No one else seemed to notice until a really dark shadow was overhead for some reason. There came the sound of great leathery wings flapping. Everyone looked up and there was a huge creature. We had no idea what it was at first then as it came closer we saw a long necks, an immense black body with a long spiked tail ending in hard bony forks and eyes that shone yellow.”

Upon hearing Buffy’s words the surrounding Slayerette’s shared looks of disbelief for she had described one thing and one thing only. A dragon.

“Suddenly out of the creature’s mouth there was a ball of white light, it came hurtling towards the harbour at such a speed. It struck the ships in the harbour with a terrible explosion blowing up half of our armada and the vessels from the other kingdoms. A second quickly followed that took out one of the towers of our father’s palace. People were running screaming, trying to find a way to reach their homes and ensure their families were safe. There were bodies, so many bodies burned and scorched alive. Flesh was melting from the faces of some people; I saw them dive into the waters to try and cool it down but the salt got in to the wounds and they screamed so loudly. But you barely heard them over the screeching of the dragon’s as they attacked.” Buffy choked up and tears rolled down her cheeks as she remembered the massacre.

She saw in her minds eye all the people who died in that instant as the first fireball struck the harbour. All around were the charred bodies of royal households. Guards screamed in agony as the leather and metal of their armour melted onto their skin, melting through flesh, tissue, muscle and nerve till it reached bone killing the men instantly. The winds of the flapping dragon wings encouraged the flames of the fires higher and higher and all around were the cries of people in their death throes as they tried to find a way to stay alive, but all was in vain.

The imperial ships of the four rulers of the isles immediately exploded showering the entire harbour into wood fragments. A cannonball tore a hole through a guard splattering his entrails on the deck and painting the surrounding area with his red blood. Buffy pulled Dawn closer to her while her father sheltered her mother during the attack.

All around death and destruction reigned supreme as the dragon spat out more fireballs from it’s gaping maw blowing up not only the protective ships of the other rulers, but also the fishing fleets as well. By now the entirety of the harbour was a flaming ruin making it impossible for people to escape. The only exit was via the waters in the harbour, but there was danger there also for if people were diving in and cracking their heads against the timbers of burning ships and fall beneath the dark waters, water slowly filling their lungs and easing them from their brief lives .

In the end however that had been the way that Buffy, Dawn and their parents had taken, along with the other rulers. They all dived into the water and swam as deep under the water as they could until they were well away from the harbour. They then returned to what remained of King Bran’s castle and quickly arranged fresh passage to their homelands.

“The rulers of the four kingdoms quickly headed to their homelands to check them out for damage and promised to meet again to form a council of war against the Lerethosian’s and their dragon army but by the time the monarchs got to their respective countries there was nothing but devastation. Armadas were little more than flotsam, castles’ and villages were in ruins leaving a scant handful of survivors to tell what had happened.”

“Each time it was the same, the people were getting on with their day to day lives, hunting, farming, making bread and cheese. Shadows appear in the sky and the next thing the small hamlets were under attack from dragons. After the death and destruction they heard a voice come from nowhere warning them to be ready for the coming of Ravon Crowson. The Lord of Dragons.”

“No one had ever heard of him before but people were, by now, very aware of what he could do after the attack, so Lotharin, Karnten, Khakashan and Pahari made preparations for war against Lerethos.”

“As soon as our parents knew war was inevitable they made preparations for Dawn and myself to be shipped off to Tocas, a port city on the continent of Sindara, where we have relatives who could shelter us,” continued Buffy. “That was the last time we them,” said Buffy, a sob catching in her throat. “I remember even now, we were at the stern of the ship and waving to our parents. Mother was crying and I shouted to her not to cry, not to worry. That we’d be fine, that I’d look after Dawn.”

Buffy paused a moment and both Willow and Tara’s hearts went out to her as they saw a single tear course down her cheek. For Tara it was the first time she had seen her fellow blonde weep and she placed a hand on Buffy’s knee to comfort her and offered a gently smile which the petite girl weakly returned and she clasped Tara’s hand to her knee, as if she were a priestess offering sanctity.

This did not go unnoticed by Willow and she frowned darkly at this as the green eyed monster momentarily took her over. She shook her head to clear the negative thought from her mind. She knew Tara loved her. But how could she hope to progress with Tara and keep her love if she was jealous of anyone her beloved came into contact with. Willow determined there and then to never again doubt Tara’s actions knowing that everything she did was only for the benefit of her friends and crew.

Taking some deep breaths, Buffy was able to compose herself enough to continue her tale. “We were five days out when we were taken prisoner by slavers. I don’t know how long we were their captives, another ten days after that and we were found by Willow and she saved us.”

“Do you know if your parents survived the war Miss Buffy?” Laragh enquired.

Buffy choked for a moment as she swallowed back the tears of woe that were forming in her eyes.

“No Laragh, I’m afraid I don’t.”

Laragh thought about this for a moment before her eyes widened with realisation.

“Then that makes you two,” her hand wavered between Buffy and Dawn. “You two, you’re the last members of the royal family of Lotharin. You’re the heirs to the throne.”

All Buffy could do was burst into tears while Dawn wrapped her arms around her sister holding her close and whispering words of comfort to her while Buffy let her grief out. Willow quickly joined the siblings in their hug, a strong arm holding Dawn and Buffy protectively. Tara considered joining them but decided against it thinking she had less of a close bond to the three girls than they themselves had to each other.

Tara was surprised, therefore, when Xander offered his hand to her and inclined his head in the direction of Dawn, Willow and Buffy.

“Oh n...no I couldn’t possibly...,” she began, her stutter showing itself for the first time in ages.

“Yes you can, Tara because you’re family now,” Xander interrupted, “so it’s right for you to join us.” Hearing these words took the blonde by surprise but she accepted Xander’s hand, he helped her up and they joined in the hug. And now, for the first time in a very long time Tara felt like she was part of a family.

Meanwhile a shadowy figure snuck back to the fire, in their pocket was a vial with small red berries.

TO BE CONTINUED

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:20 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Dibs!!! :whip

Rick!

I can only prostrate my unworthy self before you, grovelling in my disgrace for not f/b-ing sooner!

I liked how you elaborated on Tara's magic - believable and interesting explanation! :clap :applause :clap then added more on The War Goddess Karakka she seems like one of those fun blood drinking psycho kinds of deities . . nice touch on her refusing to release souls.

Buffy's story was both unexpected AND made sense! She does seem more educated than many aboard and believing that she is royalty totally worked. Along those lines, liked the exotic names for the various peoples.

Finally, LOVED how Xander pulled Tara into the closing hug. Love his big heart and love seeing Tara accepted.

Surgery tomorrow - gotta go to sleep now!

Thanks, O Prince of Pirates - fun! fun! :bow

Ariel :flower

Last edited by Ariel on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:15 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey Rick,

I just finished Chapter 12. Wow, you have so many things going on.

I was so pissed at Dawn for mocking Tara I wanted to smack her. The swordplay was great. You did a really great job capturing the steps of both girls and I could see the whole thing playing out in front of me.

Cannibal islands was great and ugh. I am a huge animal lover and although I know they needed the food, the whole hunting of the wild boars just kind of turned my stomach. Even still, you did a great job descibing it as you did with the battle with island tribe. You are a really good at writing action. I'm gonna have to take notes from you. They way you describle each characters actions and reactions are very realistic and easy to follow. I never find myself confused by what's taking place, even though so scene have a lot of people doing a lot of thing.

I'm really intersted to see what's up with this Kat character. I know she's bad, but she keeps doing this great things like helping to rescue Dawn off the island and Tara after she nearly falls to her death. I love that you add that layer to her character.

I'm not sure what I think about his creepy sorcerer or whatever and his queen. I don't have that much info yet to be afraid, but I know that whatever they are up to is evil. I wonder what Tara's destiny is and why they are waiting for it?

The ghost ship was just. . . terrifying. I had chills runing up my spine just imagining that place and all the creaking sounds as the ship slowly swayed with the ocean's current.

Love that Dawn's selfish and childish impulses are tempered by Simone. From what I have read so far, she is definitely needed in Dawn's life to be a companion and a guiding voice that she will listen to.

Wow, Tara is really stepping up her magical abilities. Firstl, with glowy healy hands and now lighting to guide the ship and then fighting off the evil mist and saving Xander. I don't know if her abilities are growing this each chapter or she is just feeling more comfortable to display more as she gets to know the crew. I guess I'll have to keep reading to find out.

Last, but not least, the growing affections betweee our two leads. I think it was great the way you stretched it out. Sometimes, I like to gobble down my desert and other times I like to slowly enjoy each bite. You gave us a slow buid up with an almost satisfying end (only 'almost' cuz I haven't gotten to that part where they round home base yet ;) ).

Now that everyone knows that Tara's a witch I am really intersted to see what how the crew reacts!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:44 pm 

Okay, so now I'm craving crab!! :drool Being from Florida, I'm a seafood kinda gal and there is NOTHING better than boiling or baking crab over an open flame on the beach. Nothing.

Anyway, I like how we're got to see more detail into Tara's magic. It was all very interesting. In regards to Buffy and Dawn's back story, I second Ariel, very believable.

Willow's declaration of love and confession to Buffy was very sweet. I like how you show her venerable side. Unfortunately, while Willow was busy swooning, someone slipped away unnoticed and is no doubt, up to no good. Now I wonder who she's gonna try to poison... :impatient

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:16 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

FInally got my e-mail problem fixed.

I don't understand why my replies don't show. Anyway... I already told you that I'm loving where you're going with this story, dude. So I can't wait to see what's happening next. Usually I don't like pirates story much but this one is definetely awesome.

So now I'm resuscribing the threads and I hope you update soon, man. Don't leave us hanging. LOL

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:00 am 
8. Vixen

Ariel It’s good to see you’re fully recovered from your op and are back on the board. I didn’t want the magic to be like Harry Potters, swish a wand and say a few words. There has to be a certain set of guidelines in place which dictates how the magic is used. With Buffy and Dawn I knew in advance that they were going to be from a moneyed background which is why Buffy knows so much stuff, but it is also a sad story as she has no idea if her parents are alive or if it’s safe to go home. Good catch on Xander hugging Tara. He genuinely cares about her great deal, and he has a great deal of respect for her after she saved his life when Xander rescued Dawn from the cannibals. He was also the one who learned that she lived in the sewer so he has kind of taken it on himself to be her protector even with Willow and Dawn looking out for her. It also says a lot about how much Willow cares about Buffy that she goes and hugs her too.

True_Love Those chapters on the ghost ship and the big revelation about Tara were some of the most fun I wrote and there’s more stuff on Tara to come. If the hunting of wild pigs turned your stomach then wait till you see what they eat much later. Kat is a character you’ll have to watch through the story to see her outcome. Simone is such a great character and she will definitely bring a calming influence to Dawn. Tara has no small amount of magic in her but she can only use it in certain ways, she’s just getting more used to being round the crew and less nervous about using her powers, but there are certain aspects of her power that even Tara isn’t aware of.

Finey_McFIne So there’s nothing better than cooked crab hmmm, well I’m more a desserts guy myself so how about key lime pie. :drool I’m glad you liked the background into Tara’s magic. It came from a suggestion you made in previous feedback, as for Buffy and Dawn I knew about their basic origins, their family and home. All you’ve read is the first part of it, there’s still how they met Willow to come in a few chapters.

Alex_Vixen Ahoy there Alex and welcome aboard. :bigwave I’ve got some fun smutty stuff coming up with Willow and Tara soon and Dawn is going to get a new friend as well. Just keep reading and enjoying the adventure.

THE ADVENTURES OF RED ROSENBERG DEAD MAN’S ISLE

Author; Willowtaralover

Disclaimer; Willow, Tara and all Buffy characters are owned by Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and Fox. The story and all original characters belong to me.

Thoughts are in italics

Chapter 25
Liana
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tara stared up at the night sky. Stars glistened like tiny diamonds against the inky blackness of the heavens, shining and winking down at her like a million silver eyes, and it made her smile. Tara believed that the stars were the eyes of the gods in the Golden Palace looking down on her and those she loved and cared about.

There was a quiet wheezing noise at her side and she looked down to see Willow snoring softly in her sleep. The pirates head lay on Tara’s chest, an arm over her stomach in a proprietorial manner; the other was wrapped in her blonde locks while their legs were entwined.

Tara smiled gently down at her lover and placed an arm over the redhead’s shoulder bringing her closer to her warm body before returning to sleep.
The next morning dawned bright with the sunshine looking down over the island idyll like a brilliant cyclopean eye from a blue sky, its view only ever obscured by the occasional white cloud scudding over it. All around the encampment crew- members were preparing for the day either by taking an early swim in the sea or having quick nibbles at the remainders of the previous evenings, now cold, feast or going in to the jungle and having a poop or a pee depending on their bodies needs.

One of these was Tara who after several minutes in the thick forest emerged after having done her daily duties. She went to the waters edge where Willow was using the sea water to help wash herself awake. Once refreshed the two opted for another stroll to the lagoon they had visited only a day or two earlier, ostensibly to give themselves a thorough wash over though from the longing looks they were giving each other the other crewmembers had a better of the activities they were going to participate in.
Somewhere in the thick undergrowth of the jungle a female figure was busy. The girl knelt on the grass floor, bare from the waist up, shirt removed so the hot sun beat against her bare skin. By her side was the vial full of the small red berries and before them was a half a coconut shell that had been once used to serve fish stew. It was now being used as a mortar while a rock taken from a nearby running river was a pestle.

She emptied the berries from the vial into the coconut half and began to crush them down. Once the berries had been crushed into a paste, the female tore a sleeve off the shirt then a lethally sharp knife was used to slit open up the sleeve fully, shredding it into something that resembled a full piece of cotton.

The berry paste was scraped over the cotton which was stretched loosely over the coconut half, then the figure took the four corners of the cotton, joined them together, twisted it tightly and began to use it to squeeze the berry juice through into the coconut half. Tighter and tighter the cloth was twisted and the juice dribbled through the cloth until there was no more to be had. The girl then poured the berry juice into the vial and replaced the cork stopper. Next she called to a young Asiatic looking woman who had been keeping guard and beckoned her over.

“What is that boss?” the guard asked as she came to the other female.

“This is how we get rid o’ the witch, then it’ll be a piece o’ piss taking the Slayer over from Cap’n Short Arse. It’s summat me gramma taught me afore I joined up. It kills any witch deader’n a dodo and once we’re back at sea we’re gonna give it ta the blondie ta drink.”

As the two girls eyes met, the sun glinting off them, evil grins spread across their faces.
Dawn had chosen to spend the day resting. She’d had a swim and gone through sword techniques with a group of others going over balance, parry, blocks and thrusts before stopping to rest. Dawn was idly wondering through the jungle, her sword hung loose at her side while in her hand she carried a wooden spear that had been made from a slender branch with one end whittled to a sharp point at one. She was on the hunt for parrots and wild rabbits that could be taken on the schooner for the last part of the voyage, just so the crew wouldn’t have to eat Tara’s fish stew every night. Delicious it may be but seven weeks of it and it soon became more than a little tiresome.

As she walked, strolled may be a better term for it, she was aware of the sounds of the forest all around her, the parrots cawing in the trees, the snapping of brittle twigs under her booted foot, the whispered hush of the soft breeze through the green canopy high above, the bubbling laughter of water from a small nearby brook while all around bright coloured flowers smiled at her. Dawn didn’t know why but she was sure that Tara would love this place, as if she would be in sync with it.

As Dawn made her way through the undergrowth a new sound came to her, a savage grunting, cries and yells of defiance coming from a small clearing. As she approached warily, her encounter with the cannibals pushing it’s way to the forefront of her mind, young brunette saw a young woman there with skin the color of chocolate wielding a five foot long wooden pole with a five inch serrated blade tied to it at one end with a leather strap while the other end had a heavier thickness to it so it could be used as a club making it two weapons in one. Dawn reckoned the girl to be a couple of years older than she was but didn’t recognise her immediately, after a moment though she knew the other girl to be Liana, a girl who had been with Willow for a while now.

Liana was practicing with her spear, using a tree as her target. With an unparalleled grace she stabbed at the tree with the metal blade, swung the staff in arcs both short and long against where a human opponent’s legs, waist, chest and stomach would be. Liana trod lightly on the grass as she danced a deadly ballet around her slightly unreal foe. A slash to the back of the calves here, a solid smash to the gut with the butt of the spear there, as Dawn watched she realised how fearsome in battle Liana must be.

There was a wildness to the girl, as if Liana was born in the jungle. The way she moved barefoot through the grass totally at home and unafraid that she may accidentally stand on some poisonous land creature like a spider scorpion or the instantly lethal Karrakkana snake whose name literally meant death kiss of the war goddess. Yet none of this appeared to bother Liana in the slightest, as if everything was far more afraid of her than she was of them.

Dawn observed Liana with much interest. She noticed how the normal chocolate brown skin of the girl she had noted oft times on the Slayer had darkened due to the influence of the tropical sun so that it was now closer to ebony. On her face she had painted red war stripes while on her stomach were sigils to her god, all in the juice of berries she had found and mashed into a paste. Her shoulder length hair was black as a raven’s wing and hung in loose curls while her brown eyes were wide open and appeared to take in everything. Her figure was sleek and smooth with tight compact muscles visible in the arms and legs. Dawn’s eye’s slowly wandered down Liana’s athletic body to an equally toned abdomen as she took in Liana’s figure.

Her garb was a simple top made from the leather of the pelts of dead animals that had been stitched together crudely but effectively. This just covered her breasts leaving the rest of the body open to the sunshine, and a skirt that came to mid thigh made from the same material. The skirt was held in place with a belt that had a huge clasp in the shape of a dragon in the centre.

Whilst seemingly oblivious to all but her battle techniques, Liana had realised she was being spied upon and was preparing to unleash her fury on whoever was watching her. Her movements dancing her round the tree while her muscles knotted themselves ready for attack. Through her mind she was thinking of plans of attack, the best way to dispatch of whoever was watching her. Liana came up with and threw away several modes of attack, mainly because they all ended with the opponent being stabbed in the back and this, she had been taught, was not the way of honour in battle. At the forefront of her mind was what Selaya, her tutor in combat had taught her.

‘You should see the face of your enemy as you inflict the killing blow, but do not delight in their despair or sorrow for one day your life will be taken. Instead remember them and celebrate their life as you would your friends, your families or your own, even if they are your enemy.’

Dawn continually watched Liana, unaware that the other girl had noticed her presence and let herself slip into idly watching so that she was totally unprepared for what happened next.

Liana suddenly swivelled on the balls of her feet and leapt from where she had been standing before the tree to a few feet before Dawn. Her spear was level with her eye, the wicked looking blade thrust forward. Planning to slash the throat of the other person and then rip open the belly.

She let out a low snarl and quickly made up the distance. Her blade was now at an angle where it would slice open the neck of whoever was spying. Then she was stopped by a sudden scream.

“Nooooooooooooo.” Liana hesitated, and saw clearly that it was Dawn who had been watching her.

“Ummm, hello?” Dawn said at last, her voice quivering with palpable fear after having nearly had her throat torn out.

“Lady Dawn, why you here?” Liana asked genuinely astonished. She thought she had found a perfect spot to practice her combat skills in secret so the fact that Dawn had found her left the girl completely nonplussed. Also, why was Dawn here, was she not the guard for Mistress Tara.

“Erm, I was out doing a little hunting and I heard this grunting sound so I followed it thinking it was a baby wild pig and it was you.”

“Ehh,” Liana’s eyes widened so much at this Dawn thought they would pop out of her head and as she went over her last statement she realised what he had said.

“N...not that you sound like a pig,” Dawn hurriedly backtracked. Oh gods, just kill me now she prayed in a vain hope of ending her humiliation.

Liana looked at the younger brunette with much curiosity as she absorbed everything Dawn said before a huge grin broke out on her face and she burst into laughter.

“You are funny with your talk Lady Dawn,” Liana said, a broad smile on her face

“I was wondering if perhaps you’d like someone to practise with?” Dawn enquired hesitantly, unsure if the Amazon like girl would want to practise with someone as unskilled as she was.

Again Liana’s jaw dropped at Dawn’s query. The idea that someone as important as Dawn would want to spar with HER!!!! It was at once the most wonderful, strangest most amazing thing ever, yet there it was. Dawn wanted to spar with Liana.

Liana appeared thoughtful at Dawn’s suggestion and walked around the younger girl weighing her up and observing her appearance. She took in Dawn’s slender, athletic build, the muscle tone. While under Liana’s scrutiny, Dawn felt as if she were on display for sale at a slave market which made her whole body tense as she felt awkward being under such intense inspection.

“I have sighted you at battle with others Lady Dawn. It will honour me to fight you.”
Taking that as a yes Dawn picked a branch from a tree and, clambering up, broke it off. It came to shoulder height and looked sturdy enough to be used as a quarter staff. She tore off some loose smaller branches before weighing it in her hands to get a balance of the pole. This done she took up a defensive posture facing Liana who had taken her own spear and, having removed the knife, now stood in a similar posture.

They tapped the ends of their staffs three times then slowly turned. Liana struck first, making short blows that were easy for Dawn to block just to get her used to handling the weapon.

Liana relished the thrill of the battle and this opportunity to spar with another person was too good to let up. It had been so long since she had practised with another using her Tammida.

The two sticks cracked sharply against one another in the wooden clearing as Dawn and Liana fought furiously in the clearing. Liana quickly struck her weapon against the other girl’s staff as she used her weapon skilfully and with great ability. Back and forth the two girls battled being able to match blow for blow, something which seriously surprised Dawn as she had never really used such a weapon before in her training. She had only previously wielded a sword or wrestled and boxed. She hoped that maybe Liana would teach her how to use a staff. If she survived that is.

At one point Dawn had been successful in pressing her opponent back until she was up against a tree. No matter what offensive move she made Liana was always able to block it quite easily though she did have to move fast as Dawn had adapted to the new weapon very quickly.

Liana ducked and feinted to the side to avoid her sparring partner pressing her further back against the tree so that when Dawn did try to press her advantage she almost tripped forward into the tree herself. Dawn quickly recovered and looked around for Liana who had stayed low and was about to trip the brunette up but just at the last moment she felt Liana’s Tammida against her boot and jumped up to dodge it.

Dawn raised her pole above her head as if to bring it down on Liana only for the other girl to drop into a crouch momentarily dropping her Tammida to the floor. She then rammed her shoulders into Dawn’s abdomen and, grabbing her by the legs Liana lifted her up and rolled her over the shoulders so that Dawn fell flat on her back, a slightly stunned expression on her face.

Liana was about to bring her Tammida cracking down on the brunette’s head but Dawn quickly blocked it with her own. The younger girl rolled out of the way and thrust the end of her staff upwards into Liana’s abdomen but the ebony girl took a long step back ensuring that the attempted blow missed

Dawn quickly got to her and took up a defensive position once more. She swung her staff at Liana who ducked under the attempted blow, dropping to the floor and rolled forward so she was behind the other girl. The end of Dawn’s staff struck the tree behind Liana, the impact jarring her arm stinging it slightly.

Next thing the brunette knew was a virtual spine shattering smash to her back. The pain was so intense, so nerve numbing all Dawn could do was open her mouth to scream, but no sound would come out. The shock of the pain was so powerful it had temporarily struck her speechless.

Dawn’s crude quarter-staff began sliding from her hand and she turned slowly, the pain in her back causing great agony as she moved. Her eyes and mouth were both wide as if she had heard the worst news ever in her life...and then things got worse.

She was turning to tell Liana that she ceded to her when Liana came up out of her roll, instantly turned on the balls of her feet and raised the blunt end of her staff in a smashing blow aimed at Dawn’s head. Liana’s eyes widened with fear as she struggled to halt the momentum of the swinging spear as she suddenly realised that Dawn was unarmed and in agonising pain. Her lithe muscles tensed but the spear landed with a terrific crack against Dawn’s head.

For Dawn everything went black and she fell to the ground, blood pouring down her face.

TO BE CONTINUED

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:00 am 
5. Willowhand

Dibs!

Fantastic update!

I love the way you describe W/T cuddling.

And the Sparring! That was beautiful described.

Please continue soon.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:28 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Awesome update, buddy!

Why does Dawn ALWAYS manages to get herself in troubles, man? LOL Loving the story so far. Keep it up.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:36 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Wow, Rick!!! :pinky :bounce :party :eatme

Like the lovely Lianna, also that she's interesting and a hot shot with a quarterstaff/spear. She's also honorable. I like that!

Little details make this even better - her recollection of her combat instructor, calling her weapon a Tammida. The fight is detailed and exciting - just enough info to see it, not enough to go grazing with a drawing board. And I'm also pleasantly delighted at the thought of Tara and Willow making their own kind of magic in the lagoon again - mmmmmm!

The end of the post is so clear that it hurts, I see Dawn falling see Lianna trying hard to pull back the arching sweep of the blow!

As usual, you have roped me in again and again!

Serious call for MORE MORE MORE!!! :kgeek :whip :whip :whip

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:10 pm 

Hi Rick!

Interesting update, with a lot of detail. I loved the beginning and the sweet snuggles of our sleepy heroines. I can only hope that you follow the girls into the jungle in your next update. :p

The clandestine meeting between the two rogue crew members definitely has me worried for Tara. All I can think is, how friggin' stupid are these two? I mean why not poison Willow directly? Not that I want to give them any ideas, lol. Hopefully their plot will be foiled before they can go through with it.

Dawn's in trouble? Must be Tuesday. :whip I know it was an accident, but how does she keep getting into these predicaments? She is annoying, but I certainly don't want to see her dead, so hopefully it's not as bad as it seems.

Until next time my friend! :bigwave

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next