The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 817 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fanfic - How I Met Your Mother (NEW Update: May 8, 2012)
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:05 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 2
Dibs

Okay I actually feel quite sorry for Mrs Finch, at least in the first chapter, simply because the Dress was her prom dress so there are probably fond memories attached to the dress so seeing it ruined in front of her clearly affected her a lot.

I panicked quite badly when Tara saw Xander trying to kiss Willow it really wasn't helped by the fact that my internet crashed at that point. I was really worried about how close Cordelia's scheme came to succeding.

The scene with the campers was really funny especially when they got the money they were owed.

The dance was lovely, especially how the group all came to togetherto protect them from view. Then Faith's dance brilliant description

Carly having to physically drag Willow and Tara out of the dance was funny

and then the lovemaking was just wonderful.
Yet Mrs Finch really does have a knack for bursting in at all the worst moments.

I loved the ending discussion about Frilly Heck

Glad your updating again and I can't wait for the next chapter.

Last edited by Mgraham93 on Tue May 08, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:11 pm 
5. Willowhand

This update made me giggle quite a bit. I feel like this could be a sitcom with some of the awkward situations they get themselves into.

I hope it is just too much sugar from the punch that is making Mouse sick and not because someone spiked the punch. Poor kid.

Very nice update. I look forward to reading more.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:43 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
Finch is such a cockblocker (or whatever the alternative is)! Just because she's not getting any doesn't mean no one should get any!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:47 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 3
So, first a little dancin' and now a little lovin'. I think that sounds about right ;) Just want to comment on what a great job you did bringing tension into this update. I've been reading up on that and how there should be tension in every scene no matter what, and you pulled that off perfectly here. You provided us with something more than just lovin'. There was frustration, awkwardness, and overall disappointment by Finch's and the kids no-so-perfect timing.

Looking forward to more!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:38 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 15
Finch the: (Choose one)

Bucket of cold water.
Insensitive Clod
Taco Cooler
Volcano Cork
Really annoying repressed lesbian who gets in the way of sweet girl-love. (Hey Anya, how's tricks?)
Denier of Taco Eating fun
Smooch Blocker

I gotta say, i was hearing Yakkity Sax while Willow was hiding under Tara's skirts.

And What the Hell Finch? "Is there any history of insanity in your family?" Goddess, they could have you up for that!

What a frikkin' cow!

It's like the universe wanted to stop them getting their freak on!

Peace and Kitten love :flower

R

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:41 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... I really liked their loving time... Typical Bitch C's "nice" touch to sew Willow's dress shut... I'm really wondering what additional "herbal" incredients Finchmeister puts in her prune juice.... I really really hope that Mouse's tummy ache is due to too much sugar and not some idiot spiking the punch... I really loved the Frilly Heck-moment...

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Hey Ariel you said
'Glad you appreciated the drool factor of Tara’s ASSets – otherwise I’d worry that your eyesight is going or you’d become temporarily insane . . . or more so than you already are!'

Insane???? Me???? I don't know what you mean*looks around nervously whistling off key* lol. And I always appreciate the droolness factor of Willow and Tara they are both very scrummy :drool :drool

'Hahaha! I admit it, inspired by your own “Red Rosenberg” and by the X-men’s Dark Phoenix. Check out X-Men 136 for my fan letter regarding the introduction of Kitty Pryde – yep, I’m that old!'

What!!! old!!!! never. Remember Ariel, there's no such thing as an old Kitten :wink

Willow-the-Dork strikes again and what’s with all the blushing? It’s not like I paid extra for the long-lasting kind and Tara . . . she’s so beautiful and she looks so grown-up . . .

“Titania,” Tara said softly.

“What?”

Now it was Tara’s turn to blush. “Oh, um ‘A Mid-Summer Night’s Dream’ and Titania is the Queen of the Fairies.” Tara swallowed and found the courage to meet Willow’s eyes, “And you look like her. Slender, dew drops shining on a dress m-made out of leaves or . . . or something,”

It's almost as if the girls are now so much in tune with one another that Tara can tell if Willow needs some assurance that she isn't as dorky as she believes she is. Of course there is the hotness factor to be taken into account and Willow's hotness does outweigh her dorkyness.

Finally Willow dropped her gaze and stepped closer, peering curiously at Tara’s cleavage, amazingly firm and almost horizontal in the dress. “Wow, I could balance a plate right there and eat off you!”

Two reactions to this. First much :drool with reference to Tara's delicious breasts and then :rofl at Willow's exclamation. Must admit though Tara's breasts must make everything tastier.

Willow’s head rocked back up and she pushed closer, trying to wrap her leg around Tara’s leg but the slippery fabric of Tara’s dress defeated her. “Take your clothes off!” It wasn’t a question and Tara turned eagerly to comply, offering her zipper to Willow’s fumbling fingers. Willow caught then lost the maddening metal tab of the zipper three times before she gripped it hard enough to turn the pads of her fingers white. Then she eased it down for an entire two inches before it jammed. She yanked and it slid out of her fingers.

Ah, the difficulties of taking a dress off a hot blonde :drool with an awkward zip causing much difficulty. Grr argh

“Cordelia sewed you into the dress with fishing line, really high test line like what my Dad uses for salmon.”

Geez is that sneaky and bitchy or what. Trying to prevent the girls from their love.

“I hope she’s all right. But my old reliable cure is ready to hand if she isn’t.” Mrs. Finch beamed, “I just got a new shipment of prune juice in!”

Oh joy, prune juice from prune face herself :(

Mrs. Finch nodded happily, “Yes it is!” Then she looked shrewdly at Tara. “I prefer not to indulge in gossip, Tara, but I did happen to notice you dancing with Jennilee Cooper. I think she’s a more suitable choice for a friend and I commend your discretion. Willow is a lovely girl, but she has a lot of growing up to do.” Mrs. Finch’s voice was soft, “You did right to let her go. Let her grow up in her own time and protect that very precious innocence.”

WTF!!!!!! seriously :wtf earlier she essentially told Tara that she wasn't good enough for Willow, now shes telling her that Willow is too young to be her friend. Aren't they roughly about the same age? I think on the show there was only a year between them and what does she mean 'protect that precious innocence', Willow's a high school student not an infant. Damn but this just makes me so :fit :rage :angry :fit2 trying to run other peoples lives for them when she can't even control what actually happens in the camp. Ok rant over.

She panicked, whispered “Booby-trap!” and gave a desperate upward jerk, popping both of Tara’s breasts free of the confines of bra and dress and liberating her own hand as well.
Hmmm my favourite kind of Booby-Trap, with Tara's boobies :drool

Man these girls aren't getting any breaks tonight are they. First Dogdelia sews Willow into her dress using fishing twine, then the Finchinator comes a calling with her retarded dumb as fuck ideas and now poor Mouse is poorly.

I'm still curious as to who the watcher in the woods was, if they're still around and if they mean to harm or help Tara. Plus what's going to happen to the girls at the end of the story, cos you can't really separate them, that'd be naughty.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:01 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
First off,

Quote:
Finch is such a cockblocker (or whatever the alternative is)!

Clamjam, twat-stop, cunt-shunt, and my personal favorite, Vaginterference.

Now, onto the actual content.

Quote:
“Cordelia sewed you into the dress with fishing line, really high test line like what my Dad uses for salmon.”

Bitchiness aside, Cordy's got style. I am not ashamed to admit that this sounds like one of the greatest pranks ever.

Quote:
Willow sat down and felt Tara’s hair whispering against her neck and sliding down her back. She shivered and felt a fresh surge at Tara’s lips moving slowly down her neck to the top of her dress. Then Tara removed a hairpin and was able to pull the line tightly enough to lift a small loop of fishing line free of the dress. She fastened her teeth on it, bit down hard and shook her head back and forth while Willow tried not to squirm as the warm panting breaths sent chills down her back.

I like how Willow seems to instinctively react to having Tara/Tara's body/Tara's mouth anywhere near here, almost a Pavlovian affect there.

And the love scenes were wowza and whoo and hoo. Never can go wrong with a little under the skirt action! And ouch! Splinter? Willow is a trooper. I would have shrieked.

Much d'aaaaw for Mouse's definition of drunk, too.

Keep it up! After so long without updates, two in such relatively quick succession is a godsend!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:52 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I've been lurking on this story for awhile so I am finally going to leave some feedback :p
I really love how well Tara and Willow interact with the kids. And I enjoy Faith. I always like the stories where Faith and Tara are friends. I always thought that if they were on Buffy at the same time they would have made an awesome friendship :) This last chapter had me laughing out loud :rofl Willow under Tara's dress and poor Mrs. Finch, but I think she kind of deserved it :p I love how well Tara and Willow reacted to each others touch and Tara's quick thinking about the dress. It was cute that they couldn't keep their hands off each other. I really like this story a lot :grin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:40 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hey Julie. Again, my sincerest apologies for slacking on feedback. So I now owe you two updates worth and you're going to get it. So without further adieu...

I echo everyone in that I'm very glad you're back. You were missed very much. Looking at update number one, I laughed when Carly doused that awful dress and forever killed it. Yay for that! Poor Tara would've had an awful night wearing that around. Uh, I'm smelling moth balls just thinking about it. So moving on, I was a totally turned off by Xander's behavior. Just a big bowl full of yuck. He's definintely in the doghouse for a while. The kids... well you write the kids so well. It's actually really fun to read and that says a lot considering my view of small, noisy, sticky things. And then Faith. I'm kind of with everyone on that when I am struck speechless. It was awesome.

And onto update number two. They're so adorable. And I was ok with Finch until she started talking out her ass. Not cool talking about Willow like that. And then asking about Tara's mental status and family medical history. Bitch needs a foot up her ass pronto. And then the "perfect" timing of those small little people. Poor Willow and Tara. Hopefully they can get some quality time in together soon. Lovely updates my dear and again, I'm so glad you're back.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:16 pm 
5. Willowhand

It was quite adorable how they couldn't keep their hands off each other.
And then with the attempting of taking off dresses. Poor Willow. Getting into a fight with the zipper. But I guess it paid off since Tara's dress had to be used as a hiding place :p Which was very funny.
Finch seemed so scared. She deserved it after what she said about Willow. Willow and Tara belong together and many others can see it.
And the lovemaking was sweet until it was interrupted -_-
I really enjoy this story and I know I've said that before, plenty of times, but I just thought I'd say it again :p
I can't wait for more :)

Ash

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:26 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Sooooooo, I guess I owe you some feedback, huh?

Back to the previous chapter...the dance:

I LOVED IT! Very sweet and the best part was how Cordelia's plan completely flopped. How dumb is she thinking that Xander, of all people can come between soul mates. Yeesh! Stupid girl. I love the little tender moments between the girls that you do so very well. Great job! :grin

Current Chapter:

*Sighs* More sweetness and love. :flower :luv But I do feel bad for them, they just can't seem to get a moment of uninterrupted time together unless they're sleeping and even then... How in the frilly heck do they manage to have kids later?? lol Anyway, I loved how you turned a potentially disastrous incident into something completely hilarious. The deal with Willow and the dress had me :rofl Awesome!

Then that damn cock blocker Mistress Finch! :gnome
Quote:
I prefer not to indulge in gossip, Tara, but I did happen to notice you dancing with Jennilee Cooper. I think she’s a more suitable choice for a friend and I commend your discretion. Willow is a lovely girl, but she has a lot of growing up to do.” Mrs. Finch’s voice was soft, “You did right to let her go. Let her grow up in her own time and protect that very precious innocence.
:wtf There's gotta be a Finchly backstory here. Someone broke her cold pruney heart at some point. Didn't they?

So, on to the next! Anxiously waiting... :blush

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:20 am 
4. Extra Flamey

:bigwave

So, I know I said last week. I tried, lol. Got called into work last minute. :whip
Anywho! I'm really enjoying this. I think I actually did pull out some hair irl while reading this last chapter. I do NOT want to see this end...but part of me keeps screaming "give me some resolutions here!" I'm gonna need grief counseling and closure when this is over. Little W/T are so adorable, and you have them down so well. That's something I really like about the KB, we all see the characters differently, write them differently, but essentially, they are the people we came to love.

And the part with Wills hiding underneath the dress/ Tara's hesitance/"confusion"...oh wow. :clap :laugh :kiss1

Keep up the amazing work and I look forward to more!

"Not a word is ever needed to excuse you loving me." Willow to Tara in Katharyn's Sidestep Chronicles

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:07 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Matty AKA Mgraham93:
Congrats first on being the Dibs-Meister, second on being the WINNER of the April Fic Challenge!!! :applause :applause :applause

Also for your brilliant prediction about the dance and Cordelia’s scheme:
Quote:
My personal theory of Cordelia's latest villainy- Get Willow all dressed up while at the same time have one of her minions to get Xander to the dance under the pretence that Willow's crush is still current as it could easily harm Willow and Tara's relationship at the same time as potentially breaking the friendship of Willow and Xander leaving Cordelia completely in control. though even if it is the plan then she'll still fail, Maybe they'll have cake or some other form of pudding so that Cordelia can get another helping of her just desserts.
Prophetic much? And the ‘just desserts’ idea is funny, too. :lol On to the now!

Quote:
Okay I actually feel quite sorry for Mrs Finch, at least in the first chapter, simply because the Dress was her prom dress so there are probably fond memories attached to the dress so seeing it ruined in front of her clearly affected her a lot.
A tender heart and a deranged mind, you’re scarin’ me, dude! Be you weren’t so sorry for her after she busted in our girls!

VERY sorry that Xander leaned in for a smooch and your internet crashed, but glad you liked their slow dance and Faith’s ‘Bad Reputation.’ :grin

Quote:
Carly having to physically drag Willow and Tara out of the dance was funny

and then the lovemaking was just wonderful. Yet Mrs Finch really does have a knack for bursting in at all the worst moments.

I loved the ending discussion about Frilly Heck
Thanks and thanks again for cheering me on! :flower And hey, get writin’ yourself! :whip

Erika AKA fhiwda:
Quote:
This update made me giggle quite a bit. I feel like this could be a sitcom with some of the awkward situations they get themselves into.
:grin <= love to make you smile!!! And yes, I endured a worse version of that . . . Love your concern about Mouse . . . you can relax! Thanks for reading! :bigwave

Maggie AKA leonhart17:
Awwww, Maggie. Just re-read your story, « The Wish » and I got all choked up. Simple and very, very effective. Thanks. :flower :sigh again

Quote:
Finch is such a cockblocker (or whatever the alternative is)! Just because she's not getting any doesn't mean no one should get any!
Hilarious, but NOW look what you started! Check replies from Azirahael and Starr!

Lexi AKA True_Love:
Hey, girlfriend! Hear that you and your wife are having a BLAST on your vacation! :grin Just remember the sunscreen!
Quote:
Just want to comment on what a great job you did bringing tension into this update. I've been reading up on that and how there should be tension in every scene no matter what, and you pulled that off perfectly here.
Thanks! I’m all a twitter, seriously thanks for the kind words! Now get going on your OWN story! Fans are waiting . . .

Richard AKA Azirahael:
First, hilarious musical suggestion of Yakkity Sax as accompaniment for Willow when she’s trapped under Tara’s dress!

Now this: (See what you started Maggie :devil)
Quote:
Finch the: (Choose one)

Bucket of cold water.
Insensitive Clod
Taco Cooler
Volcano Cork
Really annoying repressed lesbian who gets in the way of sweet girl-love. (Hey Anya, how's tricks?)
Denier of Taco Eating fun
Smooch Blocker
Naughty boy! For this you receive a double shaking of the ‘shame finger’!!! Very naughty, indeed! Of course Starr is even worse . . . :blush (see below)

zampsa19752001:
Your posts are always good, but hit the golden funny on this one:
Quote:
I'm really wondering what additional "herbal" incredients Finchmeister puts in her prune juice..
What an amazingly bizarre thought! Thank you for that one! :rofl :lmao :lol

Glad you liked the frilly heck moment . . . yeah, that kind of world holds a lot of charm for Tara.

As always, thanks for reading and taking time to f/b. :flower

Rick AKA willowtaralover:
Thanks for your sense of humor, loved how you played with me teasing you about being more insane than you already are:
Quote:
Insane???? Me???? I don't know what you mean*looks around nervously whistling off key* lol. And I always appreciate the droolness factor of Willow and Tara they are both very scrummy :drool :drool
Okay, I’m an admitted anglophile but ‘scrummy’ is news to me – but yes, droolness a given!

Quote:
It's almost as if the girls are now so much in tune with one another that Tara can tell if Willow needs some assurance that she isn't as dorky as she believes she is. Of course there is the hotness factor to be taken into account and Willow's hotness does outweigh her dorkyness.
A mathematical fact! Also loved your in depth delve into the hotness of Tara’s bosom as a plate-rest. You and Willow are two of a kind . . . wait, that’s scary! :shock

Quote:
WTF!!!!!! seriously earlier she essentially told Tara that she wasn't good enough for Willow, now shes telling her that Willow is too young to be her friend. Aren't they roughly about the same age? I think on the show there was only a year between them and what does she mean 'protect that precious innocence', Willow's a high school student not an infant. Damn but this just makes me so (multiple anger icons) trying to run other peoples lives for them when she can't even control what actually happens in the camp. Ok rant over.
Hilarious rant! Right up there on the brutal honesty meter with Jessica, beautiful_love’s message! I bow before you. :bow

Quote:
She panicked, whispered “Booby-trap!” and gave a desperate upward jerk, popping both of Tara’s breasts free of the confines of bra and dress and liberating her own hand as well.
Hmmm my favourite kind of Booby-Trap, with Tara's boobies
Hilarious as usual! :lol :lmao :laugh Once again you slayed me . . but in a nice way!

Quote:
I'm still curious as to who the watcher in the woods was, if they're still around and if they mean to harm or help Tara.
The reveal is written and will appear a few posts down, you’ll judge the helpfulness factor . . . stay tuned and as always, thanks for the feedback!! :clap Also, more Pirates Please (I know you just posted, but I don’t care, I WANT MORE!!!) :whip

Starr AKA faolan228:

Maggie said:
Quote:
Finch is such a cockblocker (or whatever the alternative is)!
O

You added:
Quote:
Clamjam, twat-stop, cunt-shunt, and my personal favorite, Vaginterference.
It frightens me that you know so much, so young! But yes, hella funny! :devil

Quote:

You said:
Quote:
Bitchiness aside, Cordy's got style. I am not ashamed to admit that this sounds like one of the greatest pranks ever.
And make that a double devil! :devil :devil

Quote:
like how Willow seems to instinctively react to having Tara/Tara's body/Tara's mouth anywhere near here, almost a Pavlovian affect there.

And the love scenes were wowza and whoo and hoo. Never can go wrong with a little under the skirt action!
Totally agree – heartfelt thanks for reading and for the encouragement, too! Not to mention the hilarity and amazement of your own stories – three now! Eager for more Graduation Gift . . . ‘tis the season, after all! :wink

unique_individual:
Hey! Welcome to the KB! :bigwave :balloons

Quote:
I've been lurking on this story for awhile so I am finally going to leave some feedback
:bounce :party :pinky

Glad you liked Faith/Tara as friends, me too! And as for the W/T kid interaction, stay tuned plenty in this next update.

Quote:
Willow under Tara's dress and poor Mrs. Finch, but I think she kind of deserved it. I love how well Tara and Willow reacted to each others touch and Tara's quick thinking about the dress. It was cute that they couldn't keep their hands off each other.

Happy you wrote – keep reading and enjoying! Big things coming . . .

beautiful love AKA Jessica:
Jess, good to see you back - :bounce

Quote:
Looking at update number one, I laughed when Carly doused that awful dress and forever killed it. Yay for that! Poor Tara would've had an awful night wearing that around. Uh, I'm smelling moth balls just thinking about it.
Lovely detail, now you’ve got me wrinkling my nose in disgust – you ARE a good writer, you know that?

Love your description of Xander’s behavior as ‘a big bowlful of yuck’ both funny and accurate! :grin Good hearted but insecure guy trying too hard. He’s still the character we know and love, just having a bad couple of moments.

Quote:
And then Faith. I'm kind of with everyone on that when I am struck speechless. It was awesome.
:blush *kicks toe at ground, says ‘ouch’ wonder why it looks cute in movies but not in R/L* Anyway, thanks!

Quote:
And I was ok with Finch until she started talking out her ass. Not cool talking about Willow like that. And then asking about Tara's mental status and family medical history. Bitch needs a foot up her ass pronto.
:pinky :party :pinky LOVED that – THANKS! You and Rick really nailed that one!

ashcrash71590:
Hey, Ash! :bigwave – three stories going! You and Starr (three in the air, too) are scaring me but in a GREAT way!

Quote:
It was quite adorable how they couldn't keep their hands off each other.
And then with the attempting of taking off dresses. Poor Willow. Getting into a fight with the zipper. But I guess it paid off since Tara's dress had to be used as a hiding place Which was very funny.

Glad you enjoyed seeing Mrs. Finch get scared and get some payback for barging in on them and being so anti-W/T!

Thanks for reading – keep yours going, okay? Wanna walk through that doorway to love and keep pace with Jace! :grin

Finey_McFine AKA Shelby:
Welcome back! :pinky :party :pinky Know it’s crazy with work these days!

Glad you liked the dance:
Quote:
How dumb is she thinking that Xander, of all people can come between soul mates. Yeesh! Stupid girl.
:laugh Got it in one, girl!

Quote:
. . . I do feel bad for them, they just can't seem to get a moment of uninterrupted time together unless they're sleeping and even then... How in the frilly heck do they manage to have kids later?? lol Anyway, I loved how you turned a potentially disastrous incident into something completely hilarious. The deal with Willow and the dress had me :rofl Awesome!
The idea of them trying to have kids as grown ups with the Ancient Finch creaking around them is both terrifying and funny! Shudder and a chuckle for that one! :bow

Thanks for reading! And whenever you feel like Racing the Rain needs updating . . . you’re got my total support! Not to mention the other thousand fans! Take it easy, but start writing, too. They need you. :wtkiss

Babbles4Twillow:
:bigwave right back at you, Babble-y One! And your baby is adorable!
Quote:
I do NOT want to see this end...but part of me keeps screaming "give me some resolutions here!" I'm gonna need grief counseling and closure when this is over.
It isn’t easy and it isn’t instant, but it’s coming . . . and yes, resolution will happen! (not to mention a final showdown AND Cordelia tap dancing in a Shirley Temple costume!) so stay with it! :pray I need you!

Quote:
Little W/T are so adorable, and you have them down so well. That's something I really like about the KB, we all see the characters differently, write them differently, but essentially, they are the people we came to love.
I love that, too. Different takes but different takes on the same people. I send that compliment right back for Riding the Lightning – keep writing! :grin :whip

STORY TO FOLLOW (ALMOST) IMMEDIATELY!

Last edited by Ariel on Sat May 26, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:08 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Feedback is golden and it’s read, treasured and often used! Heartfelt thanks! :flower :love :flower

Title: How I Met Your Mother*
Author: Ariel
Email: blaziak@yahoo.com
Feedback: All feedback welcomed, specific input appreciated, harsh on me via PM
Rating: PG for kid camper cuteness and W/T love! Ratings will change depending on content.
Disclaimer: I don't own these characters, but I love to take them for a ride!
Summary: A/U before season 1, the summer after Willow's freshman year with a large dose of Queen Cordelia at her bitchy best and teen-aged angst.

Thoughts are in italics.

*no connection to the sit-com of the same name

Quote:
Mouse’s face was twisted in pain and she had both hands on her tummy.

Willow knelt, eye to eye with their littlest camper. “What’s wrong, Mouse?”

Mouse’s big brown eyes were creased with misery, “I’m drunk.”

Tara’s jaw actually dropped, “You’re what?”

Mouse nodded, “Drunk. My mommy ‘splained it to me. It’s when you drink too much and get sick and I had lots and lots of that red punch and now I’m sick.” She cuddled closer to Willow, unconsciously imitating her favorite counselor, “I feel blecchy.”

Part 59: Awakenings

Tara had changed into her usual jeans, work shirt and cowboy boots when Willow called Veronica and Mouse back into the room. Tara beckoned Mouse closer, “Wait,” she sat on the bed, “Mouse come here, stand right in front of me.” Mouse obeyed and looked curiously at Tara to see what would come next. “Good, now take a big, deep breath and breathe it out right in my face.”

Mouse looked worried, “What if I barf?”

Tara offered a slightly anxious smile. “Please try not to.”

Mouse nodded seriously.

Tara managed a convincing smile, “Now take a big huge deep breath!”

Mouse smiled slightly, it sounded like a game. She took a big breath and puffed out her cheeks. “I’m a big balloon!” She frowned, “Uh oh! I went and lost all my breaths!”

Tara smiled, “Try again, Sweetie, but breathe first and then talk. Okay, big breath!” Tara inhaled deeply and Mouse imitated her, and then breathed out into Tara’s face. She grinned at Tara, “Did I do it good?”

Tara kissed her forehead. “You did it just right!” She smiled in relief at Willow, “No smell of alcohol, none at all.”

Willow’s eyes widened, “Tara! You thought that—“

“I had to check it out, but it seems like just a tummy ache. Still, talk to the nurse, okay?”

Willow nodded, slid off the bed and took Mouse’s hand. Mouse smiled up at Willow and they were gone.

Tara turned to Veronica, “Come outside with me.” Tara lifted up her borrowed dress, folding it tenderly over her arm “And we can take this back to Jennilee, too.”

Veronica nodded agreeably, relieved that Mouse was being taken care of, and the two left, returned the dress, and ended up helping Jennilee, Rose, and the other 11 year olds with cleaning up the yard as the dance ended.

The nurse had taken Willow and Mouse to her office, done an exam and pronounced Mouse in good health except for over-indulgence in red punch and cookies. She lifted Mouse off her examination table and set the little girl on her feet where Mouse kept her feet still, but twisted from side to side, never taking her eyes off the phone on the desk.

Willow smiled. “What is it, Mouse?”

Mouse blinked up at Willow, “Please, pretty pretty please. Can I call my Mommy?”

Willow offered her own version of a pleading look to the nurse, who smiled tiredly, “Normally I’d say ‘no’ but a tummy-ache warrants an exception.” She and Willow exchanged smiles as she brought her phone over and set it on the edge of the desk for Mouse to use. Mouse thrust her tongue in her cheek as an aid to concentration, then stabbed awkwardly at the numbers with her index finger. She held the receiver towards Willow, eyes shining with excitement, “It’s ringing!”

A lovely musical voice spoke, “Hello--”

Mouse’s face was joyful, “Mommy! Mommy, it’s Bethy!”

“This is Audrey Lianne—“

Mouse clutched the receiver, her face suddenly anxious. “I miss you! I miss you, Mommy! Come get me! I feel bad! Please come get me!”

But the recorded message went on, smoothly and brightly while Mouse’s pleas became increasingly desperate until the message ended and the little girl was sobbing, the phone still clutched in two sweating hands.

Willow wrapped her arms around Mouse tightly while Mouse clung to her, face buried in Willow’s shoulder.

The nurse’s glance was sympathetic. “It’s harder for some children than others and the end of camp is usually a tough transition.” She reached out a gentle hand to pat Mouse’s back, then smiled at Willow. “Hugs are usually the best medicine. Here, you two can sit out in the waiting area until Mouse feels better and I’ll lock up the exam room. Just lock the front door behind yourselves on your way out.” Willow carried Mouse out to the small waiting area and the nurse locked the exam room, made sure they didn’t need anything and left.

Willow held Mouse until the little girl went from sobs to hiccups and finally to slow hitching breaths. She felt the little girl’s hands, holding tightly onto the back of her shirt while her shoulder was damp with tears. Mouse’s nose had been running and the little girl was unconsciously rubbing her nose on Willow’s shirt, but none of that mattered. This damp little bundle of misery, was her bundle and Willow rocked Mouse in her arms and kissed the top of her head.

Mouse’s breathing was still uneven and she spoke into Willow’s shoulder, “Will my - my Mommy come soon?”

Willow swallowed a lump in her throat. “Pretty soon, definitely soon-ish.”

“When Lisa’s Mommy and Kate’s Mommy and the other Mommies come?”

“A little later,” Willow’s voice caught, “you’re going to stay for one more session like Veronica.”

Mouse’s voice was a hurt whine, “but I want her now!” She snuffled and wiped her nose along the back of her wrist, “Please make her come for me, Willow! Please!”

Willow gave her a squeeze. “I can’t. I want to, I really do, but I can’t. I don’t know where she is. I know you two love each other a lot, but Tara and I love you, too. We’re sorry about your Mom, but we’re glad you’re our Mouse for camp.”

Mouse didn’t seem to hear her. “Do you think Mommy will like the necklace I made her?”

“Sure she will. She’ll say, ‘This is beautiful and my little girl made it for me’!”

Mouse sat up on Willow’s lap, blinking up into her counselor’s face. “She’ll say that?”

Willow spoke confidently, “Mommies love what their kids make.”

Mouse nodded, a tiny smile playing on her lips, “She puts all my drawings in the very best place on the fridge!”

Willow gave her a special hug, “Well, that proves it! Is there something else you want to do for your Mommy when she comes?”

Mouse’s eyes lit up. “I want to ride!” She pouted, “Faith put me on Dolly, but I’ve never gotten to say ‘giddy-up’ and make her go.” She tugged on Willow’s shirt, “Teach me to ride! Teach me right now!” She grinned, now tugging on Willow’s shirt with two hands. “Please, Willow! Teach me now!”

“Uh, well the stables are kind of closed and—“

Mouse’s lower lip dropped and her eyes looked close to overflowing again.

“Wait! You can ride me! A Willow-horse!”

Mouse was stubborn. “You don’t have a saddle.”

“But we’ll make reins and I’ll teach you everything about how to make a horse go!”

“Everything?” Mouse was suddenly enchanted with the possibilities. “Okay! You can be my magic horsey!”

Willow grinned, shrugged off her sweat shirt and tied the sleeves together. She grinned inwardly at how easily she could parrot Tara’s riding instructions to the new riders while Mouse listened seriously and bounced with excitement.

“Okay, now you mount from the left side, so grab the saddle horn—okay, grab my shoulders and mount up!” Mouse climbed aboard, her legs wrapped around Willow’s waist with the ‘reins’ in her hand and the other part of the sweatshirt in Willow’s mouth. Then Willow pulled the ‘bit’ out of her mouth briefly to give instructions on steering and they were off with a wild but muffled Willow whinny and Mouse’s excited shrieks. Willow walked, trotted, cantered and galloped until she was breathless and threatening to choke on her sweatshirt. Then she quizzed Mouse on proper steering techniques and they finished with a very proud little girl and a very tired horse. A few minutes afterwards Willow caught her breath and walked hand in hand with Mouse to brush teeth and get ready for bed.

A little while later a sleepy Mouse was tucked into bed and Willow walked slowly through the doorway, stood swaying at the bottom of their bed and fell face down onto the mattress without changing. She was asleep less than three minutes later.

Tara straightened with a sigh and wiped the perspiration off her forehead, staring at the full garbage bag she was dragging in her hand.

Rose Zepeda matched her sigh and Jennilee arched her back, clearly finding some relief after having bent over so many times to pick up trash. “Lord, I felt like I was a prisoner on the chain gang for—“

Suddenly a Devola sized streak pelted around a corner and ran smack into Tara and sent her staggering into Rose and Jennilee. For a moment the three counselors stumbled crazily around, almost falling, but caught themselves at last without incident. Then Towanda and Connie followed and sent them spinning while Bettina finished them off by knocking all three of the big girls flat on their butts. Devola meanwhile was eagerly picking up trash that she had scattered from the bag.

A second later Mrs. Finch rounded the corner, huffing like an asthmatic tuba player. “Where – are – they,” she gasped, swaying in place while bracing her hands on her knees and bending over to suck in more air.

Tara blinked, stalling for time while they got back to their feet. “W-where are who?”

“Them! Those girls! They snuck - into my office – decorated it – with my underwear! Hung – all over – panties – brassieres and feminine hygiene—“ Her voice failed and she concentrating on breathing while her purple face turned to a slightly less alarming shade.

Then she spotted Devola and collared her, “You! It has to be you!” Her eyes glittered feverishly, “It’s always you!”

Devola shrugged, blinked in apparently innocent confusion and held up a piece of garbage in her hand. “I’ve been here forever, busting my hump cleaning this dump.” She grinned, “Hey it rhymes! Get it? Hump and dump!” She looked quickly at her panting friends, “And they’ve been right with me the whole time!”

Mrs. Finch stared at the three counselors who exchanged the nearly indiscernible glances of prisoners in the presence of the warden. Rose spoke first, “Yes and they have been so helpful!”

Jennilee grinned, enjoying her role as accomplice to anarchy, “Yes, Ma’am. These girls have worked like nothing I’ve ever seen before!”

Tara grinned back at her friend, appreciating Jennilee’s ingenious truth-telling and nodded vigorously.

Mrs. Finch offered a sour stare at them all then stumped off in search of fresh victims.

Rose beckoned the miscreants closer, then looked closely at Devola. “You owe us, Chika. Am I right?”

Devola nodded vigorously. “Uh huh, if it hadn’t been for you guys, we would’ve been breaking rocks at Tehachapi!”

Rose laughed out loud at Humphrey Bogart’s line coming out of the mouth of a small girl. “All right then.” She grinned and offered her full garbage bag. “Haul all these bags to the dumpster for us and we’re even.”

Devola was about to experiment with an attempt of weaseling, but Towanda shot her a look and grabbed the bag. A moment later the others followed and began the first of four trips to the dumpster behind the kitchen while Tara and Veronica walked back and forth with them and lent a hand.

On the way back to their cabin they ran into Debbie, Kate and Lisa and they trooped back silently, each absorbed in her own thoughts.

Tara walked in first, saw Willow asleep on their bed and put her finger to her lips. Each girl excitedly relayed the signal to the girl behind her and they snuck past Willow in best sneaking form; some with claws extended, others gliding from spot to spot, while others went on tiptoe. Tara gave whispered instructions that teeth brushing was suspended for this one night and most of the girls were excited, considering it a fun part of the night’s adventures.

Tara then tucked them into bed, offering each girl her preferred good night gesture, then closed the door behind her and managed to lodge the chair under the knob securely. Then she turned and allowed her gaze to linger caressingly on Willow. She smiled tenderly, then moved dreamily to the drawer and pulled out their candle. A moment later Willow lay, still asleep, but bathed in the warm glow of candlelight.

Tara sat down carefully beside her; feeling suddenly that Willow must not wake up. At first she enjoyed the tangled sunset of Willow’s hair across the bedspread. She hesitated, then allowed herself to stroke the long tendrils, twining the ends around her fingers and bringing them up slowly to her lips. Then she followed the ivory curve of Willow’s cheek turned sideways. She leaned in, breathless at the sight of Willow’s mouth, rosy lips half-pouting while she heard the adorable sound of a tiny snore that made her bend down and lay a soft kiss on Willow’s temple. I’ll guard your sleep, Sweetie. I promise, no enemy, no nightmare, nothing will wake you up.

Then she moved to the end of the bed and carefully slid Willow’s shoes and socks off. Willow murmured and Tara froze, then continued when Willow settled back into sleep and slowly freed her legs from her pants. Tara steeled herself to awaken her sleeping beauty, but Willow was too exhausted to do much more than groan, drop a kiss in the direction of Tara’s ear, and climb awkwardly under the covers before falling back asleep. Then Tara climbed in beside her, nudging Willow against the wall so that she could remain on the outside of the bed and handle any emergency requests from the kids. The sound of Willow’s deep breathing soothed her and Tara flung an arm around Willow’s waist and spooned her from the back, burying her nose in the top of Willow’s head and falling into a contented sleep.

It wasn’t sunrise, more the cold gray promise of sun to come, when Tara heard a soft knocking at their door from the kids’ room and Mouse’s tense whisper, “I hafta go potty!” She smiled, whispered an assurance that she was awake and let Mouse in. Then took her hand and led her out the cabin door, happy to leave Willow sleeping peacefully.

A few moments later Willow jerked upright at the familiar cry from the next room, the bedspread sliding down her chest. Mouse! Another nightmare. She looked at the empty bed, believed that Tara must have gone to the bathroom. Then she flung off the covers and noticed that the chair hadn’t been put in place. She shook her head as if to clear her sleep-blurred brain and hurried to Veronica’s bed, the one that she and Mouse often shared.

“Bad dream, Mouse? S’okay, how ‘bout a hug?”

Oddly enough the sound of frightened breathing got louder.

She leaned in and saw a pair of scared eyes blinking back at her and saw a little face lower in shame and then stare at the bedspread. It was Veronica and she was alone in the bed.

For an instant Willow stood frozen with surprise, then she reached her hand out and patted Veronica’s shoulder.

Veronica looked up then looked away but she bumped her shoulder against Willow’s outstretched palm and let herself be led into the counselors’ room and sat down on the bed next to Willow. Then she hunched her shoulders and stared sullenly at the floor.

“Veronica, you’re going all quiet-girl on me. What are you waiting for?”

Veronica tensed, “For you to call me a liar because I let you think Mouse had the nightmares ‘stead of me.” Instead she felt Willow’s arm slide around her shoulders and pull her closer. The unexpected kindness took her off guard and she found herself gulping and beginning to cry just as Tara and Mouse walked in.

Tara smiled, seeing that Willow was awake. “Mouse feels much—“

“Veronica!” Mouse climbed up on the bed at the other side of her friend and hugged her hard. “Did you have a bad dream?”

Veronica nodded, then the love in her friend’s hug undid her and she sobbed against Willow while Mouse did her best to comfort her.

Willow’s voice was quiet, “But Mouse, you had bad dreams before Veronica came to camp.”

Mouse nodded, “Then they went away and Veronica got them.”

Veronica spoke, her voice muffled with her face against Willow’s shoulder. “She came, the very first day I woke up here.” Her voice caught, “She came to, to h-hug me and I, and I yelled at her. M-made her cry.” Veronica’s voice broke.

Mouse tried to rock her friend like Willow had rocked her. “It’s okay, Veronica. I’m not mad.” She looked up at Willow and Tara. “See, we take turns being Big Sister. Veronica’s Big Sister in the day time and she takes care of me.” She gave her friend another hug. “But at night I’m Big Sister and I take care of her.”

Tara nodded and leaned over to rub Veronica’s back with slow warm circles. “I have nightmares sometimes and Willow hugs me tight.” Her voice softened, “I understand about nightmares, Veronica.” She swallowed, “I really do.”

Willow’s head snapped up. She remembered their conversation about Veronica’s family and now was the perfect time to find out the truth. “Tara, tuck Mouse in bed, okay? Then watch the kids and let me stay with Veronica.”

Tara met her eyes and felt a flash of fear. “Oh-okay.” She helped Mouse climb down off the cot and walked her into the other room while Willow offered Veronica another reassuring squeeze.

“Veronica, are your bad dreams about your dad hitting you?”

Veronica raised her head, a look of utter confusion on her face, “My Dad?” She rubbed at her eyes with the heels of her hands, “What did you say?”

Willow suddenly felt foolish, but was determined to find out the truth for Veronica’s sake. “Your Dad,” she asked gently, “does he hit you?”

Veronica’s face went from confusion to anger, “No! He’s never hit me! He’s never even spanked me!”

Willow tried to re-organize her thoughts, “Uh, what about your Mom?”

“She’s dead.” Veronica said shortly, “I told you! And she never hit me, none of my step-moms hit me or my Dad’s dates or anyone else in our family!”

Willow met the little girl’s angry eyes with a look of concern. “Veronica, be completely honest with me right now. Is anyone in your family hitting you? Like a cousin or an aunt or an uncle? Is a teacher or a coach or other kids hitting you?”

There was the barest flicker of hesitation but Veronica met her eyes and her voice was definite. “No one in my family hits me, no friends or coaches or anything like that!” She remained tense for a long moment then she drew a deep, shuddering breath and let herself lean against Willow, the closest she could come to asking for a hug.

Willow held her again, patted her comfortingly, but her mind was racing. Tara! What did she say? Willow shut her eyes and thought hard as she tried to remember everything; the time of day, what Tara was wearing, the terror on her face . . . It’s her! It’s her Dad, hitting her, scaring her half to death! It’s Tara! Tears were burning in her eyes, her whole body tensed so that Veronica tensed in response and Willow forced herself to relax and continue the reassuring hug. I’d raise my hand fast and she’d flinch and look scared because he hit her, hit her across the face, and she couldn’t tell me, was too scared to tell me. Then she remembered their conversation in the computer room, Tara’s pain over Wendy and her mother being split up and her anger over Willow’s apparent indifference to the situation. All the pieces fit, every last one of them and Willow felt suddenly sick as if she’d swallowed poison.

A few moments later she heard the doorknob turning from the kids’ room and saw Tara slip quietly into their room. “Mouse is almost asleep, she asked me to tuck her into Veronica’s bed.” Then she stepped closer and saw the look on Willow’s face. “W-what’s wrong?”

Willow swallowed, gave Veronica a last squeeze. “Can you go back to bed now, Veronica?”

The little girl nodded against her then stood up, looking both very small and very dignified as she walked by. Then a tiny smile appeared on her face; she knew that Mouse was waiting for her and that she wouldn’t be alone.

Then Tara followed her and tucked her back into bed, smoothing the hair away from her forehead to make room for a goodnight kiss.

Willow sat on the edge of the bed, watching her fingers curl and uncurl, marveling at the play of bone, tendon, ligament and muscle; how smoothly they worked together to make this movement possible.

He hits her

In the carpal tunnel, there was the median nerve surrounded by the nine flexor tendons, they were set in a sort of bone pan with the transverse carpal ligament lying—

and scares her

--across the tendons. In carpal tunnel surgery, the transverse carpal ligament was cut—

until she jerks away and hides and he’s breaking her heart, cutting her off from everyone.

--cut to relieve the swelling of the tendons pressing against the median nerve and—

I wanna get him! Her tears gave her no relief this time, they burned in her eyes, something noxious and corrosive. Kill him! A vision of Tara being driven down to the darkness until that precious part of her spirit that made her Tara was crushed and mutilated into a dead-eyed acquiescence to evil’s might . Willow’s features hardened into something that was beyond ‘resolve face’, a mask of determination, a frozen loathing at what was right in front of her a rage that he would do it to Tara and that Tara would accept it. She suddenly saw her hands, fingers still curling and uncurling. She took a deep, shaking breath and curled her hands deliberately into fists. But that isn’t happening any more. I’m getting her out of there. I’ll do anything, everything it takes, to get her out of there!

But even then there was a desperate child inside her begging for someone to say it wasn’t true. That all the evil was in history books and all the horror was in movies. She realized, with a poignant sense of loss that a part of her had still believed that the good guys always won.

Tara walked back into her and Willow’s room, a tender smile on her face as she closed the door to the kids’ room and fumbled with putting the chair under the knob. The chair kept slipping off to the side and Willow suddenly strode over from the bed, nudged Tara out of the way with her hip, and jammed the chair back under the knob. She met Tara’s eyes, her voice more harsh than she’d meant it to be.

“We need to talk.”

Last edited by Ariel on Sat May 26, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Fanfic - How I Met Your Mother (UPDATED: May 26, 2012)
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:11 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
DIBS?

Quote:

lol oh Tara, so sweet and funny and just a dash of mature.

Agh, Mouse's crying over the phone is heartbreaking and reminds me of my first day away from home. Realistic to the point where I just wanted to reach in and hug the poor dear.

Willow!back rides sound fun! Brave Dame Mouse will ride her noble steed into battle, and no one will stop her!

Quote:
Devola

Okay, so seriously. Can I be this kid when I grow up?

Quote:
“Hey it rhymes! Get it? Hump and dump!”

Hahah OMG I hope this isn't like, foreshadowing adulthood or something! But in all seriousness, love the quick thinking on everyone's part.

Quote:
Mouse tried to rock her friend like Willow had rocked her. “It’s okay, Veronica. I’m not mad.” She looked up at Willow and Tara. “See, we take turns being Big Sister. Veronica’s Big Sister in the day time and she takes care of me.” She gave her friend another hug. “But at night I’m Big Sister and I take care of her.”

Hngggg..*clutches chest* my heart! I think this speak volumes. Mouse, while normally timid, is the one who keeps the darkness at bay for Ronnie. Ronnie, seemingly the 'strong one' of the two, needs Mouse as much as she is needed in turn.

Quote:
Willow gets it

That is raw dude! There's a sense of "Finally!" as a reader, but you really feel for Willow here. As brave, and mature, and loving as we've seen her, she's still a kid. 15-16 year old kid who's never had to deal with this before. There's this childish notion of wanting 'beat up' Mr.M and take her girl far, far away, and it's a natural feeling! That feeling of being so angry at yourself, and the instinctual desire to comfort and protect your mate.

It's good that these two are finally gonna talk. i just hope neither do anything drastic.

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

Last edited by faolan228 on Mon May 28, 2012 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:24 pm 

Topics: 1
dun dun dun! Drama!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:46 pm 
9. Gay Now

Go Willow!

You do not mess with Willow when she's got her resolve face on!

Wondering about Veronica though.
She was pretty clear about not being hit, so maybe someone in her family (Cordelia maybe?) is being horrible to her in some other way? verbal and psychological abuse maybe? you can do a lot of damage with mean words and shouting. or locking someone away in a dark cupboard.

Brilliant as always Julie! :flower

More, more! :bounce

P.S: i'm stealing 'clam-jam!'

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:52 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Quote:
“Good, now take a big, deep breath and breathe it out right in my face.”

Having a child that has barfed in my face on more than one occasion...this made me LOL. :lmao

The way you write the kids is PERFECT! I think Devola at her mischievous best is my favorite. I liked how the counselors covered for the little deviants! But I have to admit, I was thinking, 'Yay!' Anytime Mistress Finch is on the receiving end is a good day!

I really love how sweet and tender Willow is with Mouse. Those two really have quite a bond.

Then the rough stuff...Willow FINALLY puts two and two together. I think her relationship with Tara has really helped her to grow and mature enough to face some serious adult type issues. I'm not sure exactly how they're gonna deal with it, but I hope Willow doesn't stick her foot in it and I really hope Tara opens up.

Only one week of camp left, yes?

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:18 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... I'm really glad that Mouse has Willow to comfort her... I'm worried about what kind abuse Veronica faces in home... "Poor" Finchmeister for being the target for another Devola's crazy stunts. I'm really glad that the counselors covered for her... Big yay for Willow finally figuring out that her girl has been in the receiving end of a physical abuse, I truly hope that Tara opens up to Willow so that they can plan for Tara's permanent escape to Willow's loving arms...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:31 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Another great update! Have I mentioned how much I adore Mouse? She's soooo cute! I can imagine Willow being like her when she was that age, maybe one of the reasons why they share this close bond.
I have to admit I'm confused about the timeline now, I thought camp is going to end in less than a week (both our girls fearing their seperation in a week), so what does it mean Mouse and Veronica have to stay another session after all the other girls of their house are gone? How long is a session? I hope it won't mean they have to stay in camp after Willow and Tara are gone, it would be terrible especially for Mouse.

Good that Willow finally figured out that Tara suffers physical abuse from her father. I hope her talk with Tara doesn't end in desaster but that she will be sensitive and that they'll be able to find a solution (f.e. to persuade Tara's mom to leave her violent husband and move with Tara to Sunnydale, CA).

You've written a fantastic story so far, I'm eagerly waiting for more!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:59 am 
5. Willowhand

I honestly don't believe Willow should be angry with Tara. It isn't her fault her dad's an ass.

I swear if the reason Veronica has nightmares is because Cordelia, that bitch better get what's coming to her. Just sayin...

Please continue soon.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:58 am 
5. Willowhand

Poor kids :( It was really heartbreaking to hear both girls crying :( Mouse is probably my favorite in this story.
I wonder how the talk will go with Willow and Tara. Its sweet that Willow is so protective but Tara is probably thinking right now she is in trouble since Willow sounded angry, but of course not at her. I hope everything works out for Tara :/ can't wait for more :)

Ash

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:42 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Ariel, you must update very very soon, so we know what happens. How is Tara going to react to Willow's new knowledge? I'm glad Willow finally figured it out. Veronica makes me sad :( And the Devola cover-up, awesome!

Thanks for this amazing story, can't wait for more!

Kitten love!

"Not a word is ever needed to excuse you loving me." Willow to Tara in Katharyn's Sidestep Chronicles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:03 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Myself and Willow being two of a kind, yeah that sounds about right. She's a fan of Tara; I'm a fan of Amber, we're both incredibly cute and adorable, though I'm more adorkable lol, and we both love boobs, hmm boobs :drool. I just need to become Jewish and we could be brother and sister; or at least cousins ;).

I know it was at the end of the previous chapter but I love the adorableness of Mouse when she's explaining to Willow and Tara that she feels all 'blecchy'. Please please please say that Willow and Tara and going to adopt both Mouse and Veronica at the end of the adventure.

“Mouse come here, stand right in front of me.” Mouse obeyed and looked curiously at Tara to see what would come next. “Good, now take a big, deep breath and breathe it out right in my face.”

This just made me grin at Tara's nervous grin at the thought of Mouse barfing all over her. Talk about an ick factor lol.

Mouse smiled slightly, it sounded like a game. She took a big breath and puffed out her cheeks. “I’m a big balloon!” She frowned, “Uh oh! I went and lost all my breaths!”

More adorability from Mouse, this girl must have cuteness hardwired into her D.N.A.

A big YAY to the nurse for allowing Mouse to use the phone to call he mommy. And a big fat boo to said mom for not being there when her daughter called. I know you've said before that Mouse's mom dumped her little girl at the camp just to get Mouse out of her hair for a couple of weeks so, I don't know if it's the appropriate phrase to describe Audrey Lianne but, what a beeyatch.

Poor Mouse being left in tears like that, another big YAY to the nurse though for giving Mouse a sympathetic pat on the back and for suggesting that 'hugs are the best medicine'. Of course the nurse is right in saying that as all Kittens know that hugs are the only known cure for all ills.

Willow held Mouse until the little girl went from sobs to hiccups and finally to slow hitching breaths. She felt the little girl’s hands, holding tightly onto the back of her shirt while her shoulder was damp with tears. Mouse’s nose had been running and the little girl was unconsciously rubbing her nose on Willow’s shirt, but none of that mattered. This damp little bundle of misery, was her bundle and Willow rocked Mouse in her arms and kissed the top of her head.

Mouse’s breathing was still uneven and she spoke into Willow’s shoulder, “Will my - my Mommy come soon?”

I bow down before you oh great plucker of my heart-strings. :bow This scene just had me in tears :cry because Mouse believes so fervently that her mom will come for her and I seriously doubt that she will. I may be wrong but still...

“Do you think Mommy will like the necklace I made her?”

“Sure she will. She’ll say, ‘This is beautiful and my little girl made it for me’!”

Mouse sat up on Willow’s lap, blinking up into her counselor’s face. “She’ll say that?”

Willow spoke confidently, “Mommies love what their kids make.”

Oh Willow, Willow, Willow, what have you done saying that. This could so totally come back and bite you so hard in the ass you won't be able to sit down for a month if you're wrong.

And poor Mouse, so innocent and truly believing that her mommy will come for her and she'll love the necklace that Mouse made for her. She is going to end up so heartbroken when that doesn't happen and may never trust Willow ever again. I see this ending in a lot of tears all round that Tara and Veronica are going to have to clean.

A big YAY to Willow for being Mouse's magic horsey and cheering her up again after having a poorly tummy and then her mom not being there for her when her daughter needed her which makes her mom a real sucky person far as I'm concerned.

The scene with Devola and her friends coming along and knocking Tara, Rose and Jenilee down and pretending to be helping them when the Finchinator turns up really made me chuckle.

Veronica nodded, then the love in her friend’s hug undid her and she sobbed against Willow while Mouse did her best to comfort her.
First Mouse now Veronica and both needing the loving care of Willow. She's gonna make a great mother, I can tell.

I love Mouse's explanation of her relationship between herself and Veronica with them taking it in turns to play a big sister. It show's how they've have grown together as characters who have a co-dependence on each other. Definitely two of my favourite characters wjho have had a fantastic little arc.

Willow suddenly felt foolish, but was determined to find out the truth for Veronica’s sake. “Your Dad,” she asked gently, “does he hit you?”

I can understand Willow's fear's here that someone is physically, or possibly even verbally, abusing Veronica but at the same time isn't she also crossing a line by asking outright? Shouldn't she go to someone in charge with her worries?

There was the barest flicker of hesitation but Veronica met her eyes and her voice was definite. “No one in my family hits me, no friends or coaches or anything like that!”

It says there was a 'flicker of hesitation' so does that mean someone is bullying or hurting Veronica in someway? If so does this mean that Willow will approach Cordelia with her suspicions as they are cousins.? What will Cordelia's reaction to this be, is she going to reveal an unexpected caring side to her nature or is she just going to be as cold and as callous as she ever is with everyone.

I agree totally with what Azirahael says about how mean words being able to do a lot of damage and I know because I've been on the receiving end.

High school for me was a real nightmare because everyday there would be people telling me to my face that I was a failure, that I was useless, that I was a waste of time; and what made it worse is that I don't know why. It got to a point that I tried cutting myself. Even now all these years later those words still haunt me.

I know this is heavy stuff to put in feedback on the KittenBoard but I believe this kind of malicious behaviour should always be prevented so that others aren't hurt the same way that I was. It's unnecessary cruelty for the sake if it.

The little girl nodded against her then stood up, looking both very small and very dignified as she walked by. Then a tiny smile appeared on her face; she knew that Mouse was waiting for her and that she wouldn’t be alone.

I liked this little moment, it made me smile with the thought that Veronica is like a junior version of Tara going to be wth Mouse, her Willow.

Willow’s features hardened into something that was beyond ‘resolve face’, a mask of determination, a frozen loathing at what was right in front of her a rage that he would do it to Tara and that Tara would accept it.

Looks like Willow is taking on a darker persona here, hope she doesn't go all veiny and black haired. Nah she couldn't, that's like some kind of badly written episode of a popular tv show ;) .

On a serious note though I wonder what Willow's planning to do to smuggle Tara to safety and is she going to call on the aid of Faith and the girls in the cabin to help her? If she does will Bettina try and stop her as she wants Tara all to herself? Also what about Xander and Jesse, because they don't live in the vicinity of the camp so they might be able to help get Tara to safety. Of course I am giving you a lot of story ideas here and any used I do expect some royalties lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:47 pm 

Rough Chapter for me.

Before I get to the heavy, let me restate how much I LOVE Devola...Hump and Dump? LMAO :lol !

Poor Veronica (It sickens me to feel sympathy for a Chase...Gawd Damn, you!!! ) *shakes tiny fist at webcam* :fit

The child is obviously being abused in some way (mentally, emotionally?) I too love the parellels between Willow/Tara and Mouse/Veronica and loved how little mousey took over as 'Big Sister'.

I see a Willow meltdown on the horizon. Now that she knows whats the what with Tara and her Dirt-bag, P.O.S. sperm donor (I wouldn't spit on him if he was on fire), how will she react?

It's gonna be a train wreck.

Ps. When this saga ends, please don't reveal that Finch has a bit of variation in her orientation. I don't want her jaded, heartless, pruney ass on my team. Give her to the breeders!!!... :grin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:18 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Julie,

Alllllllmost there, allllllmost there. On the cusp of the Tara reveal and then...end of chapter. Damn you, woman! Just kidding. I love a good cliffhanger. Just don't make us wait too long.

I love the way that Tara is with the kids. Even at this young age you can see her maternal insticts kicking in. Speaking of kicking, I wanted to kick Willow in the shins for her interrogation style questioning of poor little Veronica. Please god, don't let her use the same technique with Tara. I'm not sayin' she should go get crayons so they can draw pictures, but a little more sensativity of the subject would probably be a lot better for both of them. For many abuse victims the discussion of the past acts can be just as disturbing and hurtful as the events themselves and Tara has such a gentle spirit any attempt to force her to do or say anything may just cause her to shut down completely.

I loved how Tara and the other counselors covered for the kids with Ms. Finch. They so didn't have to do that and hauling a little trash was getting off easy in my opinion. If you think about it, these kids have really gotten away with a lot since they have come to camp. I wonder if there comeupance with ever come due or they will sail through this last week unscathed. Only time...and updates will tell.

Really enjoyed this chapter. I can't wait to see what happens next and you have me excited for more.

Great update!

Remodeling: The Reconstruction of Tara Maclay / W/T Potpourri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:46 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Another great chapter and with the perfect quote to describe it is
Quote:
"It wasn’t sunrise, more the cold gray promise of sun to come,"
because that's where they are right now so close to the secret being discussed and the happy future ahead yet still in the cold darkness of not fully knowing. Really good stuff.

I'm glad there wasn't any punch spiking, that would not have been good.

Willow being mouse's pony was adorable and then Mouse looking after Veronica was really sweet.

Willow's thoughts in this chapter really added to the intesity of it the emotional turmoil knowing Tara's being hurt and wanting to save her from it, then this passage was just completely perfect.
Quote:
"But even then there was a desperate child inside her begging for someone to say it wasn’t true. That all the evil was in history books and all the horror was in movies. She realized, with a poignant sense of loss that a part of her had still believed that the good guys always won."

So close to Tara's secret being talked about, really excited to see what happens next.

Tara: I am, you know.
Willow: What?
Tara: Yours.
Who are You

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:11 pm 
5. Willowhand

Ok madam, the feedback I've been trying to do and keep getting distracted from actually doing. I'm going to finish this, I swear.

Great update! Willow and Mouse are really cute together. You write the kids so well and the whole scene bewteen these two was so cute and heartfelt at the same time. And that Tara and the others covered for the kids... very cool. Now...

The cliffhanger! Well, I know you'll make it right somehow. I just hope it's very soon. I'm glad Willow's finally cluing in on what's really going on with Tara. I think Shelby hit the nail on the head with the notion that Willow's realtionship with Tara really has made her grow up and mature a little bit. And I think that's a good thing. I'm just hoping that she goes about talking to Tara the right way about all this and not make the situation harder. I'm crossing my fingers here.

Looking forward to whatever it is you have in store next.

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:54 pm 
2. Floating Rose

So, I am finally posting feedback to this lovely story.

I have to admit, it took some time for me to really find into it, but I can't really tell what the reason for this was. Maybe it was just that I personally don't like camps very much (I remember those to be cold and exhausting places xD). But I am really glad I gave it a chance because at some point it really started to grow on me. I think it is very well balanced between angst and cute and happy moments, something you find very rarely, and of course, the kids are just too fun and adorable :)

And now you kind of left us on a really tense moment there. I am looking forward to the next chapter and how everything will work out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 817 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next