The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: When It Don't Come Easy 05/20/2011
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:44 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
:) Love it! This one was one of my favorites of the build up chapters! (And I had forgotten your little dig at my Willow/Faith :P You know you like it!) Love, love love this and I can't wait for more! (Sorry I haven't answered the email(s) for the last few days - I just got home tonight but I'm exhausted so I'll get it in the morning - but please send me whatever whenever you want! Looking forward to it!

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:44 pm 
3. Flaming O

I really am enjoying you story. Can't wait for the next update!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:12 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Glad to see that Willow and Tara were able to talk and reconnect. Giles flying in doesn't sound like good news but I'm glad he will be there to help out.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:40 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Quote:
Tara sighed and put her head against Dawn’s. “Me too, sweetie,” the witch whispered worriedly as she glanced at the time on the VCR.

Lol, VCR. I almost forgot how old this show is.

Liking this a lot. It hurts, but feels so real for all of them.

My heart and I have wandered aimlessly beneath the Weeping Willows, searching for the sun. - Hayley Westenra, "My heart and I"

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:53 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Finey_McFine: woohoo on the dibs!

Thank you! Time is definitely running short for all of them, so it really doesn’t simplify things, that’s true. Willow and Tara have had to deal with a lot at once and they’re trying to deal the best they can but yeah, they don’t always react the most rational way...

You will know by the end of the chapter, lol. Hope you like it, thanks a lot for the feedback!

beautiful_love: sorry you missed dibs! Maybe you’ll get it this time, lol. Work can be annoying sometimes, I completely agree with that!

Feedback is great, but just knowing that people are reading is really appreciated! Well, it’s an idea I had been thinking about for a while because the thought of Willow being a werewolf is kind of awesome (to me anyway :p ) and since it isn’t something that have been done often, I thought I’d give it a try. Yeah, I know...it won’t be easy for them, but it will get better eventually, I can’t promise when though...

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Cyteach: Thank you! Writing a story that would be creative enough while having a plot that reflected the characters’ insecurities and ordeals was kind of a challenge, but that’s where my screenplay writing skills came in handy, lol. I’m glad that the girls are believable and interesting to read (and the other characters too) because that’s the point of developing a whole new story for them...Tara’s always been much stronger than people thought but she still has her doubts, that’s true. Her love for Willow will help her to tame those fears so she can help and take care of her girl better though...

Their wrecked friendship is one of the things I hated the most about season 6 (that and Tara’s death) because Buffy is the most sweetest girl! I had to fix it and make her step up to help her friend, no matter how messed up she was from her resurrection...

Thank you, I really appreciate it! Thanks so much for the feedback!

DaddyCatALSO: Even though I am going off canon with this story, some things couldn’t change too much, and the general confusion and distress all characters felt, and especially the girls, is too important to just put it aside...It is saddening, but things will get better for them...

Using chains is not something any one of them is looking forward too, but all I can tell is that Joyce’s restraints were not of the plan. You will get your answer by the end of the new chapter!

That does seem familiar...wasn’t Oz a bad guy in that one? I’m not sad Oz left the show but I was never fond of him as a bad guy...

Thanks for commenting!

leonhart17: lol, I had forgotten about it too! You know I love it! :p Thank you, again! It means a lot! It’s okay we’ve both been busy (I have been writing though, haha!) That message is kind of outdated now since I’ve sent you the chapter since but I’ll try to send you part of the new one this weekend!

Thanks a lot for the feedback and for making sure it doesn’t suck, you are awesome!!

WR/TM: I’m glad you like it! It’s here now so I hope you will enjoy it as well! Thanks for commenting!

love_2003: Things are not easy for either of them right now but they are working on it, and there will be more talking because it was to get better between them! His presence will be explained more in the next chapters but don’t worry, everyone is going to do what they do best when a Scooby is down: circle the wagons and help.

Thanks for the feedback!

Promthea128: I know! I still have a VCR though, even if I don’t use it anymore (the joy of DVDs and the Internet). Does that make me old? lol. :laugh

It’s pretty sucky right now but it will get better in due time, don’t worry :wink

Thanks for commenting!

Update directly below

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:56 am 
4. Extra Flamey

This one is a little shorter, I'm sorry! The next ones will be longer though. Happy friday everyone!

“If I lay here; If I just lay here, would you lie with me and, just forget the world” –Chasing Cars, Snow Patrol

Willow closed her eyes and took deep, calming breaths.

She was sitting on a wide and thick blanket in the largest part of the house basement. After a rather heated discussion, Buffy had sided with Tara and refused to use Oz’s old cell for tonight.

Right before Willow came downstairs Tara had soundproofed the room and, with Dawn’s help, moved anything that could potentially become a danger to the redhead if something was to go wrong.

Willow opened her eyes and sighed. She glared at her trembling hands and, frustrated, shoved them under her legs, dreading what would be happening soon. She had about twenty minutes to go before she would most likely shift into a werewolf again.

She was wearing a long t-shirt about three sizes too big for her because she didn’t want to wreck any of her clothing during the change, and because she didn’t want to just sit around naked in the cold room. She was freaking out enough as it is.

Tara and she hadn’t spoken much since her meltdown, and Willow hated herself for it. She had tried to apologize but Tara had only grinned and told her it wasn’t the time, that they would talk after.

After.

Willow perked up as she heard someone moving closer to the basement stairs, hoping it was Tara, but the light footsteps soon told her it was the slayer coming down.

“Hey.” Buffy walked to her and took a seat to her left. She had a small bag in her hands and dropped it beside her.

“So, did you talk to Giles?” Willow asked anxiously. As a third option, they had talked about sedating the redhead with a tranquilizing dart to make things easier on her. By the look on the slayer’s face though, she didn’t have good news to tell her.

Buffy softly shook her head and took Willow’s hand into her own. “I did manage to talk to him. He said it wouldn’t be a good idea, because we still don’t know how the whole thing happened. Something might go wrong during the shifting if we try it.”

“Oh. Okay.” Willow shrugged dejectedly. She glanced at the small window across the room and watched the quickly darkening light. “I still don’t feel anything.”

“I don’t think Oz ever felt anything until minutes before sunset,” Buffy commented without thinking.

Willow glared at her and took her hand back. “I don’t want to hear about him.”

The slayer made a face and apologized before seizing the bag. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said that. I really don’t want to be doing this,” she added after a moment as she removed thick sheepskin cuffs from the bag with an assurance she didn’t feel.

“Then let me do it.”

Both girls turned at the sound of Tara’s voice. The witch had somehow managed to come down stairs without being noticed. Willow stared at her with wide eyes, relieved to see her but not willing to admit it.

“Tara?”

The taller blonde observed her girlfriend closely as she made her way to her. Tara’s heart was crushed from seeing Willow looking so small and so miserable. ‘Not now. You can fall apart once it’s done, but not now.’ Tara chanted in her head like a mantra. “Hey sweetie.”

Willow watched curiously as Tara leaned down and whispered in Buffy’s ear, her eyes narrowing suspiciously when the slayer shot her a surprised look. “What’s going on?”

Buffy nodded and leaned forward to lock eyes with her best friend. “Tara has an idea. Just hear her out, okay? I’ll be right back,” she told her, giving her a sisterly kiss on the forehead before standing up, the bag and cuffs tossed carelessly on the floor. “Oh, Buffy?” Tara remembered suddenly as she switched her attention from Willow to the retreating slayer.

“Dawn asked me to tell you that Xander called. He didn’t get your voicemails before today because his phone broke a few days ago and there were problems at the new site. Dawn said he was kind of freaking out on the phone.”

Both Buffy and Willow winced and exchanged a look. “I’ll go call him right away. We’ll cross that bridge when he gets here, don’t worry about it for now,” Buffy reassured her friend before climbing the stairs, leaving the two witches alone.

Willow sighed when Tara remained silent after their friend left. “So, what’s your idea? ‘Cause I’m kind of running out of time here.”

“I know, Will. I thought that I could put up a protection shield around you, for when you’ll c-change. That way we wouldn’t have to chain you up and we would still be safe.” Tara began to explain as she sat in front of her.

“Magic? No cuffs, no anything?” Willow wondered quietly.

Tara nodded and smiled encouragingly at her. “Nope.”

“No.”

The blonde rolled her eyes and groaned. “What is wrong with you? I’m trying to help-we all are trying to help you, Willow!”

“What is wrong with me?” The redhead laughed bitterly. “What is wrong with me is that I don’t trust magics anymore, Tara! They’ve ruined my life. They’ve almost ruined my friendship with my best friends. I became so arrogant about the powers I had that I tore my best friend out of freaking heaven! I lost you because of them! I’ve been sick and going through withdrawals for months because I was so determined to win you back.” She babbled angrily.

“I lost you because of it so I don’t trust myself with them anymore.” She repeated with a whisper.

Tara sat on the blanket, heart stricken. She had no idea how much Willow was blaming herself for her friends’ problems and for their own breakup. ‘We really need to talk, and soon.’ “Sweetie…”

“Don’t-” Willow interrupted her as she shivered and closed her eyes.

“No, Willow, I-”

“Tara!” Willow whimpered as she clutched her stomach and groaned.

Tara stilled and stared at the redhead, too shocked to move.

“Forget it, I think you better put that shield up now,” she gasped before moaning painfully.

“What? Oh. Oh Goddess! Buffy!” Tara yelled at the top of her lungs.

Tara still hadn’t moved away from Willow when Buffy came tumbling down the stairs with the tranquilizer gun in her hands, Dawn on her heels. “Dawn, go back upstairs and keep the door closed!” she ordered her sister without looking back.

Buffy temporarily froze when her eyes settled on her best friend. The redhead had barely started to change but the sickening noises her body and bones made as she shifted echoed in the slayer’s heart as if they were stabbing her.

It was only after rather excruciatingly painful lament from Willow that Buffy snapped out of it and ran forward to get Tara out of the way. The witch had her hands covering her mouth while tears were streaming down her cheeks. “Tara.”

“Tara! The spell!” Buffy repeated more urgently.

Buffy cussed when she still didn’t get any reaction from the blonde witch. Silently apologizing to her best friend, she tightened her hold on the tranquilizing gun and aimed it at the now half emerged werewolf.

The trigger was halfway pressed when Tara suddenly snapped out of her catatonic state and jumped back on her feet, knocking the slayer’s arm in the process. “No!” she shouted as the gun misfired and sent the dart to bounce back against the washing machine.

“Damn it!”

“I’m s-s-sorry, I-” Tara cried as she tried to get herself back under control. Buffy cringed at the pain in Tara’s voice but she didn’t have time to comfort her. She had to come up with something else to protect themselves against the wolf that had now almost fully shifted.

Buffy jumped forward as she came to a sudden decision. Counting on her slayer reflexes, she made a run for the cuffs that had been abandoned next to the blanket.

She knew she only had a few seconds left before she would have to deal with the beast she had fought the night before.

The slayer barely had her hand on the restraints that she was already planning her next move. She crouched to get a better visual but gulped audibly when onyx eyes were suddenly glaring back at her.

The now fully formed werewolf growled but didn’t seem to be in a violent mood.

The slayer and the beast stared each other down, both breathing hard but neither of them willing to make the first move.

Or at least not until the sound of glass shattering upstairs startled the wolf.

Buffy could hear the werewolf’s heart pounding in its chest. She watched as its pupils dilated and its ears began to lean backwards. She knew she only had one chance.

One chance or she’d be dead.

The slayer sent a roundhouse kick right in the middle of the werewolf’s chest as it lunged forward. She took advantage of the beast’s crashing down to snap on a restraint on its front leg, and was trying to attach it to a chain nearby when the wolf lashed out unexpectedly.

Buffy crashed to the floor and hit her head hard on the concrete. Stunned, she raised one arm to protect herself as she tugged on the only secured cuff as hard as she could. The movement made the wolf lose control of its front limbs, making it collapse unceremoniously on the slayer.

It was only when Buffy tried to fight back again that she realized that the werewolf was all of a sudden felt heavy on her. Too heavy.

Opening her eyes cautiously, the blonde exhaled in relief when Tara slowly came into focus.

Tara carefully took the werewolf by the chest to free the trapped slayer, gently laying it back down on the blanket. “A-are you okay?” the witch asked softly as Buffy pushed herself up.

“Whoa, okay, easy.” Tara quickly grabbed her when she swayed and almost tripped over.

Buffy took a deep and shaky breath as she glanced between Tara and the sleeping werewolf. “What did you do?”

“It’s a sleeping spell. She’ll remain asleep until sunrise. It’s safe for everyone now,” Tara explained quietly as she knelt down and removed the restraint from the wolf’s leg with care. “I’ll set up a s-shield too just in case,” she added, half-expecting to hear concerns or doubts from the slayer.

Tara tore her eyes from the upsetting sight of her transformed girlfriend to shoot the slayer an inquisitive look when she didn’t receive any answer. Her eyes widened when she saw that Buffy was sitting on the stairs a few feet away from her and was sobbing silently. “Oh, Buffy.”

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t want to hurt her again, I swear, I-”

“Hey, it’s okay, s-she’s going to be fine. You did what you had to do,” Tara whispered soothingly. She meant it to comfort her friend as well as herself. Truth was, witnessing Willow’s changing had terrified her. The blonde had stubbornly decided to stay earlier because she didn’t want her soul mate to go through something so traumatic alone, but she had never expected things would go so horribly.

Now she knew why Willow didn’t want her down here with her.

Things were not okay. As much as she desperately wanted to believe it, they were not.

But she would do anything to make them better. She wasn’t going to back down this time. Willow was more than likely going to be angry in the morning, but she was going to be prepared. At that point Tara was ready to yell or do anything in her powers to help out her girl, whether she wanted to be helped or not.

Tara was not going anywhere.

Soft hands gently woke Willow up mere minutes after sunrise. They didn’t mean to rouse her so soon after having shifted back to human form, but a tiny part of the hands owner rejoiced at producing an effect on the girl only seconds after having put her hands on her.

‘Goddess I really am a perv,’ Tara chided herself. The witch had spent the night in the basement on a cot she had put up in the opposite corner of the roomt, but she had barely slept.

She had spent most of the night going back and forth between the basement and the living room, where Buffy was sleeping.
Tara got worried when she realized that the slayer had hit her head harder than she had cared to admit at first. It was only after almost being sick that Buffy had confessed about having a nasty migraine and being slightly dizzy.

Neither of the girls wanted to worry Dawn so Tara had spent several minutes with the teenager upstairs to distract her. It wasn’t long before the young girl, exhausted, succumbed to sleep and Tara then made sure Buffy wasn’t suffering nothing more than a mild concussion.

She knew Willow would never forgive herself if she discovered that she was partially responsible for her best friend’s injury, even if Willow wasn’t responsible for it herself.

Several hours later, Buffy was feeling much better and Tara was back downstairs one final time to drop the protective ward so she could sit with her partner.

Anticipating the pain the redhead was most likely to be in again, Tara had brought with her a homemade pain relief cream and, shortly after Willow shifted back, the blonde sat next to her girl and gently started to rub the healing lotion on her stiff joints.

“Shhh, it’s okay love,” Tara murmured tenderly as Willow whimpered when her hands brushed over her shoulder blades, the area being particularly sensitive. “Hurts.”

Tara nodded wearily but continued to gently massage the redhead’s shoulders, trying to lighten her touch as much as she could. “Sweetheart do you think you can turn and lay on your stomach?”

She felt Willow trying to move until she stopped, her body stiffening under the strain. “Sorry...ribs,” she croaked.

“Oh, I’m sorry, sweetie, I didn’t think!” Tara quickly apologized, frowning at her mistake.

A warm smile soon softened her features though when a pair of blurred but beautiful green eyes opened to meet hers. “Hi.”

“Good morning, sweetie.” Tara welcomed her warmly. “How are you feeling?”

Willow pursed her lips and grimaced. “Ugh.”

Tara winced in sympathy and unconsciously stilled her hands. “Mmm...why’d you stop?”

“Oh. Sorry.” Tara resumed her massage before an idea popped into her head. “Willow?”

The witch chuckled when she only received a soft grunting for an answer. “Come here.”

Willow eyed Tara curiously but obeyed and sluggishly pushed herself up while the blonde’s hands steadied her and helped her onto her lap.

Now straddling Tara’s thighs, Willow couldn’t help but grin when she felt soft but strong hands pressing on her back and encouraging her to lean against the blonde. “Are you comfy?” Tara asked rhetorically.

She knew by the way Willow had immediately relaxed against her that the redhead was relieved to not be on the hard floor anymore. “That way I can get to your back and shoulders better without you moving around too much.”

Willow sighed in contentment as Tara’s hands slowly resumed massaging her back, releasing the tension and the painful knots that kept her body from moving freely.

They spent the next few minutes in silence, Tara busy running her hands over her girl’s back, shoulders and ribs while Willow began to relax more and more.

Tara was beyond relief that Willow let herself being taking care of so easily. She had never let her guard down as freely as she did now, which told Tara a lot about how the redhead was feeling. Right now, gone were the tensions from the day before. There were no doubts, no hesitations. Willow was obviously more than happy to be back in her lover’s arms and, for that moment alone, Tara was deeply grateful.

It didn’t mean everything was perfect all of a sudden, that the arguments from the day before were forgotten. Tara was realistic. Hopeful, but realistic. She was confident they were well on the road to recovery.

Both girls had issues to come to terms with, but it was okay. Tara had put her foot down and, if she wasn’t exactly the kind of girl that loved doing it, she’d do it again to make sure things wouldn’t get out of control again.

As she felt the younger girl rest calmly against her, Tara realized once again how much Willow had to suffer during her life, mostly in silence. The blonde’s life had been rough, but she’d had her mom to love her and to take care of her.

Willow’s parents had left her alone for days at the time ever since she was old enough to cook for herself. She had Xander as a friend, but whenever he had a chance he would go play with other boys and left her alone as well.

Things had only started to get better for her girl when the slayer had moved to Sunnydale.

Willow had never admitted it to her best friend but, over the years, she had gotten in numerous fights with her parents over her friendship with the slayer. She had almost been sent to a boarding school across the country for her senior year before her parents finally got sick of fighting and quit. They were still paying for school and other expenses, but they had barely been talking to each other ever since.

Willow had repeated Tara countless times how she, the Summers family and Xander were her true family. But then Joyce died. Buffy died. She had been brought back but wasn’t the same anymore.

And now this.

Tara blinked tears away and brought a hand up to Willow’s nape as the other one embraced her around the hips and hugged her adoringly, letting the redhead’s heat warm her up through her top and pajamas.

It still amazed the blonde at how perfectly their bodies fit together. Willow was thinner now, but they were going to work on that. A lot of pampering, rest and food were going to be in the girls’ agenda in the upcoming weeks and months.

She turned her head and pressed tender kisses on the girl’s neck, her heart skipping a beat when soft lips brushed against her shoulder shortly after and sending shivers down Tara’s spine.

They would work things out. She would be there every step of the way because this was where she was meant to be.

Tara waited a few more moments before releasing the redhead and continued to rub her back. When she felt that the redhead’s back was satisfactory loose, Tara’s hands started to venture a little bit more. They were mostly running soothing circles down Willow’s lower back and sides, hesitating before applying more pressure on the redhead’s hips.

Tara took some more of the healing cream when she found them as stiff as the other joints. She then took her time massaging them, eventually widening her movements to rub the redhead’s stomach as well.

The blonde frowned as she found the muscles slightly swollen and tender, but quickly remembered the slayer’s freak out earlier. She sighed and put her hands under Willow’s elbows. “Can you move your arms a little, sweetie? Thank you,” she said as her girlfriend loosely wrapped her arms around her neck.

Once she had more room to move Tara delicately rubbed the redhead’s stomach and ribs, her fingers nothing more but a caress over the bruise that covered part of her ribs. A gasp escaped the blonde’s lips as her left hand moved forward and accidentally grazed the side of the redhead’s breast.

Tara bit her lips to keep herself from answering the soft moan that escaped the redhead’s throat. ‘Thank the Goddess I’m almost done.’ The blonde refused to engage in anything as long as her girlfriend was hurt, and without having had ‘the talk.’ But it was getting harder and harder for Tara to focus as she felt Willow-a still very naked Willow, literally wrapped up around her. “Honey?” she whispered in her ear.

“Willow?” Tara repeated a tad louder when she got no response. Frowning, Tara secured her hold on Willow with a hand while she brushed her hair on the side so she could see her girl’s face. The blonde smiled when she saw that Willow had fallen asleep.

Reaching to her left with her free hand, Tara grabbed a warm sheet she had strategically placed there before and gently covered her lover’s back with it and sat there, basking in the joy of feeling her soul mate’s body against her again.

‘We’re going to be fine, baby.’

Post subject: Re: When It Don't Come Easy 05/27/2011
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:38 pm 

Did I get dibs?! Booya!

Aww, poor Willow! I hate how bad everyone feels bad about what's happening but they haven't talked to each other about it (yet) I like this chapter a bunch! (yay for a new one this weekend - I'll email you later!)

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:14 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Buffy can thank goodness for Slayer healing; I was knocked out durign a mugging in January and it's been a rough road back.

And I totally heart Take-Charge Tara!

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:01 am 
3. Flaming O

I'm catching up with a ton of reading here, so forgive me for not commenting earlier. I love your story, Marie. It's inventive and lively, full of great ideas and good characterisation. The werewolf twist is very entertaining! You certainly have plenty of imagination. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, so . . . keep writing!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:43 am 
3. Flaming O

I really am enjoying this story. I like the way you have written the characters and I can't wait for more!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:48 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
WOW I think this story should definitely replace what happened in season six! I really am liking the idea of Willow being a werewolf, but that just makes me wonder how she became one. I can't wait to find out :]
I really love your story so far you've brought so much life to Willow and Tara which is really hard to do :D Awesome job :]
keep writing!

"In the pale light of the moon, I play the game of you"- Neil Gaiman, Sandman

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:15 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Great update. I'm kind of glad Tara was there to witness Willow change into a werewolf. The reality of the situation was right there in front of her. I have no doubt that the Scooby's will be able to figure out why this is happening to Willow.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:00 am 
4. Extra Flamey

leonhart17: lol, woohoo for getting dibs! :)

It’s kind of funny to go through all the older chapters! They do all feel bad, but the first big talk is coming soon (I think?). Sorry it took me so long to send you the new part, it’s been a crazy week! You have it now though, so let me know what you think!!

Thanks for the feedback! :laugh

DaddyCatALSO: She is really lucky...oh, I’m so sorry to hear that! I hope you are doing better now! It’s really too bad we don’t have any kind of superpowers, it would be so handy sometimes...

Take charge Tara is the best, I agree with that! :grin

Thanks for the comments!

Vivienne: It’s no problem at all, I’m glad you’re catching up with my story too, lol. Thank you, it means a lot! I try to keep it entertaining so a big yay if it works and you like it!

Next chapter is here, so I hope you like it, thanks for the feedback!

WR/TM: Thank you :)

New chapter’s here, so enjoy! Thanks for commenting!

nightmask: ooh, thank you! A lot of different stories would have been much better than what happened in season 6, but I’m glad you think mine would have been good enough to show on tv, lol. Werewolf Willow is kind of awesome, if I can say so too! All will be explained in the upcoming updates, so stay tuned. :)

I’m really glad you love them in this story! Thanks a lot for commenting, and the new chapter is up now so have fun reading it!

love_2003: Tara witnessing Willow’s shifting was double edged situation- Willow didn’t want her to see but, in the end, it was important for her to know exactly what being a werewolf entailed, and now she can help her better...You’ll see how the scoobies deal with everything soon enough!

Thanks for the feedback!

Update directly below

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:01 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Hey y'all!!

Thanks all so much for the comments and the feedback, it is really appreciated! It makes it much more worth it to continue writing!!

Early update because I'm leaving tonight, I'm going to spend the weekend down in New York with friends. :grin :laugh
Have a great weekend everybody!!

“If you break down, I’ll drive out and find you; If you forget my love, I’ll try to remind you, And stay by you when it don’t come easy” –When It Don’t Come Easy, Patty Griffin

Willow leaned on the bathroom counter and groaned softly as she made a sudden movement, her bruised ribs making themselves known. She took slow, deep breaths and closed her eyes as she waited for the burning sensation to fade.

The redhead sighed as she finished buttoning down her shirt. It wasn’t exactly matching her dark blue sweat pants, but Tara had picked out the red woollen shirt for her because it was warm and easy to put on.

The shower she had just taken was her second of the day, but she still didn’t feel warm or completely clean. She felt like something was crawling under her skin and she hated it.

It had been a week since she had fell asleep on the blonde, but it felt more as if three months had gone by.

Willow was doing her best to stay calm, to try and live a normal life or, at least, as normal as she could, until next month but the concerned glances she kept getting from everyone made it hard for her to forget about the werewolf problem.

The redhead was getting anxious for Giles to get there so they could finally get some answers. All the research they had done so far didn’t give any results, even with her researching skills.

Refusing to look at herself in the mirror, Willow ran a lazy hand through her hair and left the bathroom.

She dragged her feet on the carpet, oddly enjoying the sensation of the thick fabric on her skin. She could smell food being cooked downstairs but, if she wasn’t particularly hungry, the smell of coffee was definitely tempting her.

Willow was about to go downstairs when she heard rustling sounds coming from the slayer’s room. Curious, she peeked in and watched her friend with amusement. Buffy was sitting on the floor at the foot of her bed and was going through piles of papers and books. “I thought you were done with homework. Like forever.”

Buffy raised her head and smiled at her best friend. “Hey Will. What’s up?”

“I should be the one asking that, what’s with all the papers and stuff?” Willow asked as she made her way into the room, her steps hesitant.

The slayer immediately caught the redhead’s anxiety and smiled easily at her. “Willow, you can come in my room anytime you want, you know that. You don’t have to be so nervous, I don’t bite.”

‘Damn.’ “Willow I’m sorry, that’s not what I meant! I was just you know, trying to lighten up the mood. Obviously I suck at it,” Buffy muttered.
Willow shook her head and slowly sat next to her friend. “It’s okay. Besides, looks like I’m the one who bites now,” she joked deadpan.

“Don’t.” Buffy glared. “Don’t joke about that, okay? We’ll find a way to fix this.”

Willow met her friend eyes and was grateful to see the warmth and care in them. Even though things were not perfect between them, once Buffy geared into protective mode, nothing could stop her from keeping her promises. “Thank you.”

Buffy grinned and wrapped an arm around the redhead’s waist. “No one messes with my Willow.”

Willow nodded and shuddered as her mind wandered to Rack. ‘No, you don’t.’

Not letting dark memories ruin the mood, the witch leaned into the slayer’s embrace and smirked. “You know, you sure are hugging me a lot these days. Something you want to tell me?” Willow chuckled as she returned the hug happily.

“Smart ass,” Buffy shot back with a mock-scowl. “Maybe it took my best friend going through something huge to make me realize how much of an ass I’ve been to her.”

“Oh. So you’ve heard about me coming out and stuff, huh?”

Willow smiled, happy to have managed to make her best friend laugh when Buffy snickered and erupted in laughter a second later. “It’s been a while since I’ve heard you laugh like that. I’ve missed it,” she admitted with a soft smile.

Buffy cleared her throat and shot Willow a pensive look. “Yeah, I guess,” she agreed as she put her head on the redhead’s shoulder. “We’ll be happy again. We’ll fix whatever crap is going on and it’ll get better. It’s already getting better for you, with Tara being back and all.”

“Yeah...”

Willow hesitated before being interrupted by Buffy. “No. Don’t even go there. She is here because she loves you, not because she feels obligated to be here.”

Willow frowned stubbornly. “What’s the difference?”

“What’s the- Argh! Come on Willow, don’t be stupid! Stop trying to convince yourself she’s going to leave again.”

“But-”

“I swear to God, if you don’t stop doubting her being here I’m going to have to ki...do something you’re not going to like. Like make you eat nothing but Brussels sprouts for a month.”

Willow groaned at the slayer’s slip. Hesitantly, she reached out and cupped her friend’s cheek. “Buffy, stop it. I’m not mad, and Tara isn’t either. You did it because otherwise I probably would have ripped your head off,” she said with a pained expression. “Besides, it doesn’t even hurt anymore, I’m good as new. Well, almost, but you know. And, I happen to love Brussels sprouts, so there.” She teased her with a grin.

Buffy rolled her eyes before watching her closely for any sign of pain. She sighed and nodded, looking relieved to have her friend’s forgiveness for having hit and kicked her while she was being a werewolf.

“Still...”

“Okay, new rule. If I don’t get to say but, well you know the conjunction not the body part because I do enjoy saying that word occasionally since I don’t like to use the ‘a’ word, you don’t get to say still when you make it sound like a but. Deal? What?” Willow stared at Buffy, not sure what to think of the slayer’s beaming expression.

Her doubts changed into curiosity as her best friend moved closer so she was sitting face to Willow and put her hands on her knees. “It’s been a while too since I’ve heard you babble like that. I really missed it.”

Both friends looked at each other and smiled. Buffy squeezed the witch’s leg briefly before smirking. “Do I smell Tara pancakes?”

Willow snorted but nodded. “Yeah. We should go before she gets mad and refuses to let us have funny shapes.”

Buffy’s eyes opened wide and she jumped on her feet. “Come on, slowpoke! I need funny shape pancakes!”

“Pancakes will have to wait a few minutes, I think,” Tara said quietly from the doorway.

Willow and Buffy turned to shot horrified glances at the blonde, but someone standing next to her distracting them from any imminent food
issue. “Giles?”

The watcher smiled and walked into the room. “Hello girls.”

Buffy made a step forward to embrace him but turned around and helped Willow up first. “Giles. It’s about time, don’t you think?”
The man scoffed at her behavior, far from being impressed. “Yes, well it took longer than I expected to find the friend that I’ve told you about.”

“Yeah, well. Did you at least get some answers for us?” Buffy asked impatiently, but Giles wasn’t listening. He and Willow were looking at each other, neither of them moving.

Willow teared up as Giles watched her attentively. Now that he was facing her, she didn’t feel as relieved as she thought she would be. His experienced eyes on her made her feel ashamed and she fought back the need to squirm. He knew what had happened that night. He knew everything about her addiction and her downfall.

Willow was so lost in her thoughts that she only stirred out of them when she felt a masculine hand on her shoulders. “Willow?”

“Hey Giles,” she whispered when she finally dared to look at him.

The watcher smiled softly and surprised her as he hugged her warmly. “Willow...Come on, there is someone I would like you to meet.”

“Are you certain? Do you not remember anything else?”

Giles sighed and pinched his nose warily at the glare Willow sent Callie’s way. They had been discussing the situation for about an hour already but they weren’t getting anywhere.

The woman was a good friend of Giles’ and had made the trip from Dublin to Sunnydale so she could meet with the redhead and help figure out what had happened to her. She was in her late thirties, tall, had long dark hair and bright, hazel eyes so intuitive even Buffy couldn’t hold her gaze for too long before having to look away.

She was observing Willow with a patience the redhead obviously didn’t share. Giles could see she looked about to bolt when Tara put a comforting hand on the girl’s arm. “Sweetie, please.”

Willow groaned and clenched her fists on her lap. “I don’t remember, Tara! What do you want me to do, lie?”

“Of course, not, I just meant-”

“I know what you meant but it’s not helping!” she snapped impatiently. This is not how it was supposed to go. Giles was supposed to bring books, or information, anything that could help her. Instead he had brought home a stranger who kept asking questions she couldn’t even answer.

Tara glanced between her girlfriend, Callie and Buffy. She and the slayer exchanged concerned looks at the tone in Willow’s voice. The witch couldn’t let things get out of control again. “Willow...” she warned her as she slightly squeezed the girl’s arm.

Willow scowled and brushed off Tara’s hand to cross her arms over her chest, but she remained seated on the couch.

“Willow, she’s trying to help. You snapping at everyone won’t get you anywhere so stop sulking and let her help,” she ordered, her voice firm.

Everyone looked at Tara, surprised at her outburst. Willow gaped at her, plain hurt visible on her pale features. She hesitated a moment before her hand went to her neck to caress the tiny dragonfly pendant she wore. She let it rest between her fingers before forcing herself to look at Callie. “What was the question again?”

“Buffy said you were sick the night before the first change because you had found Lethe’s Bramble in a book. How did it get there?” Callie asked kindly, her eyes focused on Willow but also on the rest of the room.

The older woman smiled appreciatively at the way Tara handled her girlfriend’s edgy behavior. The redheaded girl was powerful, much more than what Giles had led her to believe. She was relieved to see that she had another strong witch by her side to keep her grounded, and that she was surrounded by people who loved her.

If things turned out the way she thought they might, she would need all the love and support they could give her.
Willow puffed her cheeks and exhaled slowly. She hesitated a moment too long, which sent Buffy to jump off the couch and walk right in front of her friend. “Will?”

Buffy imperceptibly shook her head to Tara, silently asking her to let her talk. The slayer sat down on the coffee table so she would be on eye level with her friend and leaned forward until their knees touched. “Willow. Please, you have to tell us if it’s not what happened. We won’t be mad, I promise.

“You promised me, Will. You promised me there wouldn’t be any more lies between us.”

She had kept her voice low and soft, doing her best so it wouldn’t sound like she was patronizing or judging her. Buffy opened herself and didn’t shy away when crestfallen green eyes finally looked back at her.

“I ran into Amy,” Willow whispered reluctantly.

The redhead gulped with difficulty and fought back the fear that crept up her spine when she felt Tara tense beside her. Buffy only stared blankly at her and, right now, Willow couldn’t tell which one of those reactions made her feel the worst.

“You promised me there wouldn’t be any more lies,” Buffy finally murmured, disappointed.

“Wait-” Willow said quickly as she grabbed the slayer’s wrist, keeping her from leaving. “Ok, I lied but I swear I didn’t do any magics! She didn’t either, I mean she’s still practicing but she didn’t while I was there, and I didn’t do anything!”

“Tara, you can test me if you want, you’ll see that I’m not lying, and, and besides you’ve been here for days, you would have felt it if I had done any magics!” Willow was panicking now at the idea of losing the trust she had finally gained back from her best friend and girlfriend.

She had just got Tara back, she couldn’t lose her again.

“Tara, please, you have to believe me,” she begged, tears now falling freely down her cheeks.

Willow held her breath when Tara looked at her. There was doubt in her eyes, and it made Willow’s insides twist in pain and shame.

Unable to stand it anymore, the redhead tried to leave but Tara snagged a piece of her shirt to keep her in place. “C-close your eyes.”

Not daring to disobey or question anything, Willow closed her eyes and waited. She unwillingly gasped when the blonde witch pressed her
hand over her heart. It wasn’t long before Willow felt warmth spreading through her skin, bones and muscles.

It pinched and stung, but the uncomfortable sensations quickly faded to a faint ache to be replaced with a soft tingling that she recognized well. Despite the awkwardness of the situation, Willow enjoyed Tara’s energies flowing inside of her, sighing once the warmth disappeared, leaving her cold and empty again.

A pair of loving blue eyes welcomed her when she hesitantly opened hers. Tara was smiling at her, and Willow thought she would burst in tears when the blonde kissed her on the cheek before briefly caressing her lips against her own. “I love you,” she breathed out tenderly. “I’m proud of you, baby. She’s telling the truth.” Tara added for the others’ benefits.

Willow grinned widely but sobered quickly as she turned around to glance at her best friend. Buffy was watching them quietly from the doorway. Willow never even noticed the slayer moving away from her.

“Buffy...”

The slayer took a deep breath while twisting her hands anxiously. “Why did you lie to me, Willow?”
“Technically I didn’t lie, I did find the flower in my book. I just didn’t mention Amy because I was scared. I guess I wasn’t thinking clearly, I’m sorry.”

Buffy was still hesitating. She wasn’t mad, not really. She was mostly hurt at being lied to again. “I don’t get why you’re still protecting her. We don’t even know what she’s been up too since Rack’s, she’s bad news, Will!”

“What? I am not protecting her! She approached me and I left! What is so hard to understand! I mean, I know you’re blonde, Buffy, but jeez!”

“Willow!”

Tara stared at her girlfriend, aghast. “Willow, you are so out of line!”

“Buffy-”

The blonde witch started to speak, but the slayer raised her hand to interrupt her. “I,I need to go kill something or I’m going to say or do something I might regret later.”

The shorter blonde shot a dismayed look to Willow before turning on her heels and left. “It’s not even dark out,” Tara mumbled, wincing as the door was slammed closed.

“Willow,” Giles tried to get the girl’s attention. He and Tara shared a look when Willow jumped to her feet. “Will-”

“Don’t Will me!” she growled as she went for the stairs and climbed them quickly, slamming the bedroom door upstairs.

The three remaining occupants of the room sat where they were, stunned. “What the bloody hell just happened?” Giles briskly asked Tara.

“I have n-no idea. She isn’t taking the werewolf thing well, but she was never mean to Buffy b-before,” Tara explained, not clearly understanding what had just happened.

Giles cleared her throat and ran a hand through his hair. “Do you want to-”

“No,” the witch cut him off. “She needs to cool off. And if I go now I might say something I’ll regret later too. Right now I need to know if you found anything or not. No more interrogations.”

Callie slowly focused on Tara, her mind still reeling on what had just happened. “Um, actually, I’m afraid we don’t have many answers yet. If we take into consideration what Miss Rosenberg has been telling us, combined with Miss Summers’ explanations and yours, there are some theories we need to discuss.”

“Such as?” Tara inquired, even though she was distracted. She wanted to run upstairs to talk to Willow, but both needed time to set their minds straight. The blonde herself felt frustrated by the situation. They were back together but Willow always found a way to avoid having the ‘talk’ ever since the last full moon.

Tara hadn’t wanted to push Willow while she was still kind of recovering from her first two shiftings, but they would need to sit down to talk, and sooner the better.

Meanwhile, while the redhead was cooling down, she might as well fish around to see if Callie and Giles had something pertinent to say or not.

“From what I was told, Willow was not bitten, or scratched by anyone or anything? Very well.” Callie began after Tara nodded. “I don’t mean to be rude, but are you sure, absolutely sure?”

Tara clenched her jaw, vexed by the question. “Yes, I am sure. I’m the one who checked her out when we brought her back from the crypt the first night. I know her body, okay?”

Tara blushed as she finished speaking but held Callie’s gaze. “But you’ve been apart for a few months, things-”

“No. Don’t even go there,” Tara warned the woman. “What’s the next theory? A spell?”

The older woman glanced at Giles before answering. “Actually, yes and no. I was told by Rupert that Miss Rosenberg-”

“Willow.”

“Very well, that Willow was involved with a young man years ago, who turned out to be a werewolf himself.”

Tara felt her insides turned into ice. “I-I’m not sure what you’re imp-p-plying here.”

“Miss- Tara, I’m sorry to ask this but are you absolutely certain that this man has never scratched or done anything else to Willow?” Callie asked the witch as delicately as she could.

“Tara, we do not want to imply anything-” Giles hurried to explain. “But-”

“N-no, they were together years ago, she would have started shifting back then!” Tara argued, rapidly becoming agitated.

“That’s what I believed too,” Giles said ominously, “But Callie has informed me that, in some rare cases, the werewolf genes can take a certain amount of time to...emerge.”

Tara sat on the couch, shocked and her eyes wide in consternation. Giles, knowing the news was devastating to the girl, quickly went to sit next to the blonde. “Tara. There might be something else also.”

“I don’t know if you remember, but last time Oz was here, he had found a way to control his wolf, to keep him from coming out.”

“No, that is not what I wanted to insinuate!” He retracted himself quickly at the furious glare he received from the blonde. “I am just saying that if he has been controlling himself all this time, and that if he had recently slipped...”

“You think he may have reached out to Willow and somehow triggered the wolf or set it loose through her,” she finished for him, pale and fighting back the bile that threatened to rise up her throat.

“That, or he may have found a way to transfer his wolf altogether to your girlfriend,” Callie offered softly.

“That’s why we need to know if you are positively certain that any marks Willow might have are not coming from him.”

Willow was sitting on the bed with her back against the headboard, absently playing with a stuffed turtle and trying to lose her bitchy attitude when the bedroom swung open, Tara shuffling in and slamming it shut behind her. “U-undress.”

“What?” Willow frowned, confused as she pushed herself off the bed.

“Undress. Drop the clothes, strip!” Tara repeated more promptly.

Willow watched her partner in puzzlement but started to unbutton her shirt. Something in Tara’s voice and behavior scared her. She couldn’t remember when the last time Tara had sounded so upset was, but it was freaking Willow out.

Willow got seriously alarmed when Tara walked to her and helped her undress quicker until she was down to her underwear. “Tara, baby? What’s going on? You’re kind of scaring me here.”

“I just...” the blonde mumbled as she made Willow turn around and inspected every square inch of her back, sides and thighs. It was
ultimately a faint scar on her ribs that retained Tara’s attention. “Willow, where’d you get that scar?”

“Um...” the redhead hesitated, walking to the mirror to have a better view of it. The mark was right on the side under the girl’s breast and about half an inch long. It was so pale it was barely visible. “I don’t remember, must’ve been on patrol some time ago. Why, what’s going
on?”

“Oz would never do that!” Willow exclaimed with a shrill voice after Tara had repeated everything Callie had told her. “A-and I swear Tara, he’s never marked me in any way. He was really careful and kind of paranoid about that kind of thing,” she assured her in a soothing voice.
Willow bit her lip and slowly reached out and took Tara’s hand, half-expecting to have it slapped away. Breathing out in relief when her girlfriend didn’t pull back, the younger witch grasped a fistful of Tara’s sweater and tentatively brought their lips together.

Both girls moaned as their tongues met. The kiss was slow, but passionate. Willow let Tara set the pace, which surprised the blonde. The redhead normally fought more for dominance, but she didn’t even react when Tara gently pushed her on the bed before straddling her hips.

They stayed like that for several minutes as their mouths lazily met, sharing an intimate moment both of them desperately needed. Their hands had only started to roam when Willow gasped and sniffled, which made Tara pull back, concerned. “You okay, honey?”

Willow nodded, her breathing heavy, but the look on her face told Tara otherwise. “I just...I was horrible to Buffy earlier.”

“Aww, sweetie...you were harsh with her, that’s true,” Tara gently reminded her, sighing when Willow lowered her eyes to avoid looking at her. “But,” she continued as she pressed soft kisses on her lover’s nose, cheeks and neck, “If you apologize and make it up to her, she’ll understand.”

The redhead looked doubtful but nodded, closing her eyes and savoring the sensations of her partner’s full lips on her skin. “Do we have to go back downstairs now? I kind of like it here,” she asked as she brought a hand up to play with Tara’s long, golden locks.

Tara smiled and rolled to her side so she was lying next to her girlfriend, pulling her close. “We have all day, sweetheart. They can wait a while longer.”

Post subject: Re: When It Don't Come Easy 06/02/2011
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:21 am 

dibs for me?

It is fun to reread the old chapters! I had forgotten about evil!Oz theory! You're really building the tension and I love it!

I got the new chapter but I haven't read it yet (movie night went long last night so I didn't do anything on the computer when I got home) so I'll definitely read it today! Have fun in NY!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:33 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Hey Marie,

Sorry I missed fb on the last chapter, I'm behind on my fb for at least 8 fics, lol. Anyway, I love this story! The tension is building and the 'who done it' is getting more and more mysterious. I am a teeny bit worried now for Tara's safety. You know, now the Willow is all wolfie, she's gonna have to watch digging her nails into Tara's back... :blush

I can't wait for more!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:13 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Interesting wrinkle; possible long-distance therianthropic infection. And it can imply multiple suspects. Also perhaps explains why Willow's bitca-iness is going beyond what might result from stress.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:13 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Glad to see Giles finally show up with some help. I'm hoping something they said will help figure out why Willow changed into a werewolf. Great update.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:29 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I'm so impressed the plot keeps getting more interestig :]
I wonder how Callie knows about werewolves more than Giles, I'm guessing maybe she is one?
The last part of the update where Willow and Tara kiss is amazing the way it was written :D
Looking forward to your next update :]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:53 am 
4. Extra Flamey

leonhart17: lol, another dibs for you!!

It is kind of fun! I was rereading everything today to make sure I wasn’t going in the wrong direction, and I had some surprises, lol. Thanks, I’m glad you still like it!!

Well, you’ve read it now, lol. I didn’t have time to work on anything yet except for a small kind of epilogue for the chapter you just read, but I’ll try to get into writing mode this weekend. Thank you, I did!! :laugh

Thanks so much for everything, my friend!

Finey_McFine: It’s okay, no worries. :) That’s what happens when there’s so many stories to read, lol. Thank you, I’m glad you love it! More answers will be given soon enough and, if I can’t promise that everyone will love them, answers will still be given, lol. That is a serious issue, but there is nothing to worry about for now…

Thanks for the feedback, I hope you’ll enjoy the new update!!

DaddyCatALSO: There is a lot of suspects indeed, just like the possible theories are pretty much endless right now…Willow’s crabby attitude is the result of stress, it’s true, but with everything that’s been going on in her life in the last few months, her patience and good mood is kind of going to hell…

Thanks for the feedback!!

love_2003: Giles and Callie are doing everything they can to try and figure out what is happening, but it won’t be easy…Giles will also be a bit more present later, he’s rather busy running around searching for clues right now, lol.

Thanks, and thank you for commenting!!

nightmask: Thank you, I’m glad you think so! Callie’s part in the story should/will be explained in due time, no worries. I can’t say anything without giving away spoilers! Ahh, thank you, I really appreciate it!!

Update directly below

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:53 am 
4. Extra Flamey

“And I will be strong, I won’t give in; I won’t deny you, I know where we’ve been; I am so much more than all of my fears, than all of these tears, my tears” –I Wish You Were Here, Lady Gaga

“Yeah, I know. I know, Janice! Todd is a jerk, you’re right. Listen, can I call you back when I get home?” Dawn talked rapidly in her cell phone before her friend had the chance to start complaining again about her boyfriend.

The teenager was on her way home and was hurrying since the sun had almost set for the night. “You’re costing me all of my minutes and my sister is going to kill me if I go over again.”

Dawn rolled her eyes and bobbed her head as she followed yet another rant from her friend. “Okay, yeah that’s good, I’ll call you later.
Bye!”

“Wow, you seemed in a hurry to hang up the phone. Is everything fine with your friend?”

Dawn stopped and turned around sharply, instantly on her guard. “Amy.”

“Hey Dawnie, it’s been a while. How are you?” Amy asked with a wide smile.

“Um, good, thanks,” Dawn answered, trying not to sound nervous. She hadn’t seen the witch since her sister had brought Willow back from Rack and, frankly, she didn’t like being alone in her presence. “You? What are you doing in the neighborhood?”

Amy continued to smile and put her hands in her pockets. “Oh, you know, taking a walk, enjoying the fresh air. My dad lives close to here, I’m on my way back from visiting. Hey, by the way, how’s Willow?”

Dawn frowned and fidgeted with her phone. “She’s fine. She’s doing really well.”

Amy looked down and smirked at the teenager’s nervousness. “Why are so nervous, did something happen? Didn’t she tell you we ran into each other the other day?”

‘Oh.’ “She did, in fact. So why ask me how she does if you saw her?” Dawn asked her suspiciously.

“I was just making small talk, what-jeez!” The witch was startled when a car hunk and stopped by the girls’ side.

“Xander!”

“Hey Dawn, want a ride home?” Xander offered and opened the passenger door from his place inside the car. He smiled as Dawn nodded gratefully and jumped in the car, quickly closing the door.

Xander and Amy stared at each other for a moment before the witch cocked her head to the side. “Goodbye then.”

“Bye, Amy,” Xander replied tersely. The young man kept an eye on the brunette through his mirror as he drove away. “What did she want, Dawn?”

“Oh, you know. ‘How’s it going, how’s everyone’, that sort of thing. Hey, you’re back! Didn’t you say Monday that you were coming back early? It’s Thursday.” the teenager commented, hoping to drop the current subject.

Xander glanced at her, his expression ominous. “There were problems at the site so I couldn’t come back earlier like I said I would. What’s going on, Dawn?”

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t ‘what do you mean’ me,” Xander warned her. “I had several messages from Buffy when I got the time to go buy a new phone, and they all sounded like something bad had happened, but when I called the only thing your sister told me was that Willow wasn’t feeling well, and asked me if I could come back early.”

“Which you didn’t,” Dawn muttered.

“I wanted to. But then I wondered what difference it would make if I came back early or not.” Xander replied stiffly.

The teenager glanced curiously at him when he didn’t elaborate any more. Xander focused on the road but he could feel Dawn’s eyes burning holes through him. Her eyes lost their sparkle and she glared at the man when she realized what he had been implying. “You didn’t come back early because you think she’s relapsed.”

“How can you think that?” She objected with a shrill voice when Xander didn’t even try to defend himself. “She’s been working so hard, she’s your best friend, Xander!” She retorted, insulted on behalf of the redhead.

Irritated, Dawn jumped out of the car as soon as the car stopped in her driveway of her house, leaving Xander to follow at a much slower pace. She had just dropped her school bag on the dining room floor before going upstairs when a familiar, British voice startled her.

“Giles?”

“Giles?” Xander repeated incredulously when he stepped into the house, having heard the teenager’s excited shriek from outside. “What are you doing here? Who are you?” he continued asking when he saw Callie on the couch.

The watcher cleared his throat and gently pulled away from Dawn’s crushing hug to go and to greet Xander. “Yes, I believe introductions are in order. Xander, Dawn, this is Callie Simpson. She is an old friend of mine.”

Xander glanced briefly at the woman before looking back with suspicion at the watcher. “Oh, so you’re ‘visiting’.” He quoted with his fingers, not believing Giles. “What the hell is going on here?” Giles and Dawn shared a look, making Xander even more concerned. “Where is everybody anyway?”

“Buffy left and isn’t back yet, and Willow and Tara are upstairs,” Callie answered helpfully, frowning when Xander turned around and rushed to the stairs.

Dawn only stared at her, annoyed. “What did you have to tell him that? He doesn’t know anything, he thinks Willow is doing magics again
and now he’s going to make a scene! And where’s my sister?”

Xander reached the second floor and trotted to Willow’s bedroom, listening at the door a few seconds to make sure he wouldn’t be interrupting anything. The bedroom door was ajar anyway, so he knocked before opening the door. “Willow?”

Both girls were sleeping, Tara’s back to the door. Willow was curled up on her side, a hand clutching at the sheet that covered her hips and legs. Both were still dressed as when Tara had barged in the room earlier.

The fallen sheet uncovered part of the redhead’s rib cage and Xander gasped when he saw the fading bruises on them.

Willow opened a tired eye when she heard a choked sound, tensing suddenly when she discovered the source of the disruption. “Xander?”
‘Crap.’ The redhead thought as she quickly grabbed the sheet and pulled it higher, suddenly infinitely grateful for having fallen asleep with her underwear still on.

The rushed move woke up Tara as well, and she blinked sleepily at her now sitting girlfriend. “Will?”

“Xander.” Willow pointed above the blonde’s shoulder.

Tara glanced toward the door and her eyes went wide. “Xander!”

“That would be me,” the young man confirmed. “Not to be rude or anything, but is someone will tell me what the hell is going on here?”

Willow watched her friend, speechless. She looked helplessly at Tara, pleading her with her eyes not to say anything. Xander noticed the look they shared but it only made him angrier. “You know what’s funny? How I kept getting voicemails and phone calls when I couldn’t answer my phone, but the minute I get to talk to someone, you all just closed up to keep me in the dark again.”

“Xander,” Tara started, frowning when she felt Willow put her hand on her leg.

“No, no Xander! I’ve been pushed aside for weeks after Buffy dragged her out of that hell hole. I know something is going on, and now that I am here I think I have the right to know.”

“What is so bad you can’t even tell me, huh?” The man persisted. “Let me guess, you’ve fallen off the wagon again? It’s okay, I knew it was bound to happen. By the way, I’m glad to see you’re back, Tara. Willow is going to need all the help she can get.”

Willow observed her friend, stunned. “I didn’t relapse, Xander. But it’s not like you were here that often lately, so you can’t really know that.” She reproached him in a hurt voice.

“I didn’t know you wanted me here,” Xander snapped, annoyed. “Every time I came here in the last months you were either sleeping, or sick, or not feeling well. How could I know if it was true or if Buffy wasn’t protecting you again!”

“Xander, that’s not fair, you have no idea-” Tara defended Willow, not willing to let the man’s behavior ruin the redhead’s good mood.

“At least she helped me instead of trying to send me off to England or whatever other coven in the world that would accept a magic junkie like me.” Willow replied sharply, her eyes narrow and furious.

“What?” Tara interrupted loudly.

Willow’s eyes were glued to her friend’s and she was focusing so intently on him she didn’t even hear Tara’s interjection. “Oh, and for your information, I did not fall off the wagon. “I’m a werewolf.”

“You’re- ha, that’s hilarious Willow. You don’t want to tell me, fine, I get it,” Xander declared, his tone angry and hurt.

Willow pursed her lips and squeezed Tara’s leg for support. “It’s not a joke. I shifted last full moon and we don’t know why. That’s why Giles is here, not to take me away.”

Xander laughed but he was all but amused. “That’s fine. Make up the stories you want. That will take you far, you know. I saw Amy on my way here. She was asking Dawn about you. Can’t you be honest for once in your life? Damn it, Willow!”

Tara took a calming breath when she felt Willow shaking hand on her. “Xander, I think you should go. Call and talk to Buffy later, b-but don’t come back before she says it’s fine for you to come here again.”

Xander balled his fists to his sides and glanced at Willow but she wouldn’t look at him. She had her head down and stared at the sheet clenched in her hands.

Tara sighed as Xander stared at them briefly before turning around and storming down the stairs. The front door being slammed shut a few seconds later startled them, and Tara quickly moved to face her partner. “Sweetie?”

The blonde’s heart broke when Willow barely glanced at her with humiliated, tear-filled eyes before looking away. Tara gathered her in her arms and kissed the top of her head when Willow began to sob. “Shhh, he’ll be back, sweetheart, he just needs time.”

‘We all need time.’

It was past nine at night when Buffy finally made it back home. She stood on the sidewalk and watched the lights that lit her living room, wishing she could turn back time. Bracing herself for whatever would be waiting for her inside, the slayer slowly climbed the stairs to her house and went in.

A bunch of heads rose as she made her way into the living room, their expressions going from relief to annoyance. “It took you long enough to come back,” Dawn muttered.

Giles and Callie smiled from their place on the couch, several heavy books scattered around them. “Are you alright?” the watcher asked kindly as he closed a particularly old book and carefully put it aside.

“I’m fine.” Buffy said distractly. She frowned when she looked again around the room and realized someone was missing. “Where’s Willow?”

Tara glanced between the laptop and Buffy, pondering. She went to close the notebook but instead handed it to the teenager. “Do you mind taking over for a bit, Dawnie?”

The girl grabbed it as if it was a life line that would save her from dying of boredom. “Sure, gimme, gimme!”

Tara smirked and left her chair, her eyes on Buffy. “Can we talk in the kitchen?” Buffy didn’t reply but followed her quietly in the other room. “What is it, is she okay?” She asked as soon as they were out of earshot.

“Xander came by today,” Tara explained, nodding at the slayer’s grimace. “He picked up Dawn a few blocks from home. Amy was with her.”

“What?” Buffy shouted before shooting a nervous look towards the living room and lowering her voice. “Why, what was she doing here?” she questioned the witch.

“Officially, she wanted to see how Willow was doing. Dawn didn’t say anything and Xander got there right after, so we don’t know for sure.” The blonde frowned. “You forgot to talk to Xander, huh?”

Buffy exhaled slowly and leaned against the counter. “Yeah, I couldn’t figure out how to explain everything to him on the phone, so I was counting on talk to him when he got here. He said he'd come back early so I waited, but he didn't come back early, so...I messed up, I’m sorry.”

“What’s done is done, so now we have to deal with the consequences. When Xander got here and saw Giles and Callie, he k-kind of lost it.”

Buffy tensed and stared intently at Tara. “What do you mean, he ‘kind of lost it?’”

Tara shook her head and crossed her arms against her chest. “He accused Willow of being a liar, and he didn’t believe her about the werewolf thing. He’s convinced that she’s relapsed but won’t admit it to him.”

Buffy looked down for a second before pulling away from the counter. “Where’s Will?”

Tara saw the anger shining in the shorter blonde’s eyes and the way the slayer was standing, as if ready to get into a fight, was not a good sign. ‘Xander better not call or come over tonight’, she thought warily, even though part of her was upset at how harsh he had been with her girlfriend.

“She’s in the yard. She’s been there all afternoon.”

Buffy spotted Willow not far away from the porch, curled up on a lawn chair.

The redhead had her head turned sideways and was gazing at the stars in the dark blue sky. Buffy slowly walked up to her and sat on the next chair, tilting her head to try and see what her best friend was staring at. “What are we looking at?” she asked, curiosity getting the best of her after a few minutes.

She switched her gaze to Willow and watched her as the witch repositioned herself on the chair. “The Flying Fish.”

“Oh. It is a Tara constellation name for which one?”

Willow smirked and glanced at the blonde for the first time since she had joined her outside. “It’s a real name, actually.”
“Sure, of course,” Buffy commented with a snort.

The slayer continued to observe her friend until Willow sighed, her eyes still locked on the sky above. “I’m sorry I yelled at you. I was wrong to snap at you for no reason. You’re not a blonde.”

“Shut up, you know what I mean”, she pouted when Buffy quirked an eyebrow at her and laughed.

Willow looked up when from the corner of her eye she saw Buffy rising from her chair. She smiled as she felt a small hand nudging her to make her some room. Willow pushed herself into a sitting position and grinned when Buffy sat next to her, grateful for the slayer’s heat as she wrapped an arm around her. “I’m sorry I doubted you. I should’ve known better than to believe my blonde head,” she joked. “I’m sorry about Xander too,” she added more quietly.

Willow’s body went rigid as she thought back of her disastrous afternoon. “I don’t get it, Buffy, how can he think that I would lie to him?”

“I don’t know. We haven’t been fair to him this week and we’ll have to apologize for that, but he had no right to yell at you the way he did. I’ll go and talk to him tomorrow. Or kick his ass, depending of the mood I’ll be in.”

The redhead didn’t answer and instead rested her head on her friend’s shoulder. It was only when Willow shifted her legs that Buffy noticed she was outside with bare feet again.

“Ow! What’d you do that for?” Willow yelped as she rubbed her waist on the spot where Buffy had pinched her.

“What the hell are you doing outside bare footed, Willow? Don’t you remember what happened two weeks ago? Do you want to hurt yourself again?” Buffy scolded her.

Willow had the decency of looking sheepish as she moved her feet through the cold grass. “I wanted to feel the earth, it helps me meditate.”

“Oh,” Buffy whispered. She was about to ask the redhead if they could go back inside when Willow moved her foot directly under the moonlight, making the scar on it shine under the pure white glow.

Noticing it, Buffy leaned forward and quickly grabbed the witch’s leg. “Hey!” Willow exclaimed indignantly when she almost fell off the chair. “What the heck is wrong with you?”

“Just checking something,” Buffy mumbled. She took a close look at the still healing scratch and turned her head, eyeing the porch dreadfully. ‘No...’

Willow let her friend checked out her foot even though she wasn’t too happy about the disruption. “Why does everyone wants to check me out for something, it’s not groping Willow day!” she mumbled, a little miffed.

Buffy released Willow’s foot and jumped on her feet before running inside the house. Willow carefully approached as Buffy came back out a second later, a flashlight in her hand and Tara right behind her. “What’s going on?”

“No idea.” Willow shrugged and sighed in contentment as Tara took place behind her and wrapped her arms around the girl’s waist. Both observed Buffy curiously as she inspected closely the porch’s steps and front side of the porch. Willow was stroking Tara’s hands softly when a loud curse coming from the slayer made her jump. “Buffy?”

“Hey, what’s going on?” Willow asked, concerned, when Buffy didn’t answer and looked peeved.

Buffy blinked and directed the light beam on a corner of the step. “There’s blood on the step.”

Willow only stared at friend, confused, while Tara suddenly gasped, the nature of Buffy’s distress becoming clear to her.

“I meant to clean it up but Will didn’t want to go to the hospital to get stitches, and Dawn was being a brat, and I was late for work, I guess I forgot.” Buffy babbled, obviously angry with herself.

“Ok, let’s not p-panic, okay? Does it looked chipped o-or anything?” Tara spoke calmly, leaving Willow to take the flashlight from her friend’s hand so she could take a look at it herself.

“I don’t know, maybe, I’m not sure!”

“Whoa, okay, what the frilly heck is going on?” Willow demanded too loudly. Both blondes were on their knees and had their faces inches away from the step, seemingly looking for something.

Willow gasped and shot a mortified look at her best friend when she heard her cuss like a sailor.

The slayer stood up and made a few steps in the yard before coming back and kicked the banister angrily, breaking it in half. “Buffy!”

“Buffy, calm down, m-maybe it’s not what we think, we should wait in the m-morning to check it over again, okay? I’m sure we’re wrong ab-bout this.” Tara tried to comfort the slayer, but to no avail.

The afflicted look the slayer sent her best friend was enough to make Willow panic. “Okay, I have no idea what you’re talking about and it’s freaking me out. What is going on?!”

“I think, I think you might be a werewolf because of me.” Buffy whispered.

Post subject: Re: When It Don't Come Easy 06/10/2011
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:56 am 

dibs!

Aww, I had forgotten about stupid Amy too! And how many suspects there are at the beginning!

No worries - it's crazy here (again! not a surprise) so take your time, of course - I'll just patiently waiting to read whatever you have (and would you want to read some w/f for me? I'm stumped again...) I'm glad NY was fun! I'm planning on emailing you today!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:33 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Hmm, I'm very much looking forward to this next explanation. Very nice build-up; "Do you want to hurt yourself again?"

And actually, based on the flashaback in "Killed By Death," Bufyf's blonde hair might be as natural as Anya's or Tara's :-).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:14 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

I'm guessing when Xander realizes that Willow was telling the truth about being a werewolf he will be apologizing over and over. Don't really understand how Buffy could have caused Willow to become a werewolf. Looking forward to the next update.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:45 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Xander showed his ass...must be a Tuesday, lol. He's sure gonna be sorry when he figures out that Willow was telling the truth. He'll have some serious sucking up to do!

So, Buffy accidentally caused Were-Willow. I have some theory's as to how, but I'll just keep them to myself and wait to see exactly what you have in store for us. ;-)

Nice chapter and great build up!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:46 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

This story is awsome. Sorry I hadn't comment early. I love how twist are coming each chapter. It's kinda refreshing and very real-life like
So please update soon 'cause I'm pretty eager here for more.
Is Willow really a werewolf now? That sucks.
What now? What about Callies 'other theories'?
Keep it up!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:44 am 
3. Flaming O

Aha! So it might have been Buffy? Very tense chapter, especially with Xander's anger in the mix. Someone force-feed him Brussels sprouts. Awaiting the next episode....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:25 pm 
8. Vixen

I think this is my first comment on your story, and I have to say I'm enjoying your spin on things.

I think every fic that includes all of the Scoobies has to have Xander showing his ass at least once, lol. I think it's a bylaw somewhere...

Now that Buffy may be the cause is intriguing, can't wait to see where you're going with this plotline.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:17 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Ack! You left us with a huge cliffhanger!! So not fair! :O
Xander should talk to Tara or Buffy alone and have them explain to him what's going on with Willow.
I'm going to be wondering all day tomorrow what Buffy did that could have possibly made Willow a werewolf. Please update soon I really want to read more :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:04 am 
4. Extra Flamey

leonhart17: lol, yep! You are the queen of dibs for this fic, lol. I guess that’s one advantage of getting up early :P (I never realize before now how early I was posting, lol).

Wow, I almost wrote feedback for the previous chapter, lol. I saw the date and I was like, huh? Yep, there sure are! I still blame my screenplay professor for that!

When did our lives got so crazy? It was fine before, I want my quiet life back! I hope you’ve managed to work on the wedding like you wanted to! I’m stump right now so it’ll be a couple of days before I’ll send something else...

DaddyCatALSO: There will be more explanations eventually, but in this specific case, it’s pretty much all there is...she hurt herself when she went barefoot outside, that’s what Buffy was referring to

Yeah, Buffy’s hair isn’t naturally blonde, lol. But it is something that all bottle blonde goes through quite a few times because, let’s face it, blonde jokes are easy and, sometimes, funny (I’m not even blonde and I get that kind of comment sometimes, lol)

Thanks for commenting!

love_2003: Xander (but everyone else too) has some sucking up to, that’s for sure...the guys’ lack of communication was a big problem in season 6, I honestly believe it would have been so much better if they had taken the time to talk and trust each other...Everything will be explained in today’s chapter!

Thanks for the comments!

Finey_McFine: lol, that’s quite possible! Xander’s biggest flaw in season 6 (but in the show in general) is that he is quick to judge and put his feet in his mouth :/ He might take him some time but he will!!

I hope I will have come up with a different theory than yours, but if you’re dead on, congrats, lol! I can’t wait to hear what your ideas were, I’m curious!

Thank you, thanks for the feedback!

viximon: It’s okay, people reading it is what matters the most, comments are like a big, sweet bonus! Thank you, I’m glad you think so, and that you like it! Doing something different yet similar to the show is kind of a challenge, so yay if it works, lol.

The new chapter is up so I hope you’ll like it! Everything will be explained in due time!!

Vivienne: lol, I’m sure it would be a great way to punish Xander for being a jerk :P It might have been, it might now...the next chapters will tell you!! It’s up now, so enjoy!

Thanks for commenting!!

vampyregurl73: Thank you! I’m glad you’re liking it!! Yeah, I really think so too...It’s as if something isn’t right if Xander isn’t a jerk at least once, lol. It will be explained more in the next chapters, so stay tuned to know what is going on!!

nightmask: Aww, sorry! That wasn’t a too horrible cliffhanger, in my personal experience, lol. I’ve done worse...I blame my screenplay professor for that. We always had to write bigger and bigger cliffhangers so really, this is entirely his fault!

Well, the new chapter is up now so I hope it will answer some of your questions (probably not all of them, unfortunately). I’m glad you like it!!

Thanks for commenting!!

Update directly below

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next