The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Buffy/HP X-over: I Open at the Close (25/04/11)
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:14 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

BeMyDeputy
We have a dibs winner! Nott is most definitely a bastard with a thing for muggles. I chose him 'cause I can't remember how he was imprisoned either and he was involved in the first war, since I can't remember much detail being given on him I figured I could work some of my ideas into him. Yeah no Neville and Harry yet, this starts about late 1979? So we get a snapshot before the war is at its worst and before baby Harry, and then after too.

Alex_Vixen
Much as I'd love to rush there's too much good stuff to skip before we get Harry. HP wiki the answer to my life, shows all the death eaters, all the order members and dates! Moody was fairly kick-ass at least he went out doing what he loved. Thanks!

Laragh
I hate it when I don't get email updates! It seriously bites. Glad it makes you squee. I did consider doing a school-age fic but wheres the fun in that? We know so much about Hogwarts and its not like the gang could get up to anything fun there. Might make some little school snapshots though, that'd be fun. Sorry for Will and Tare smoochies delay.

nightmask
Ah I so don't want to right that part, it'll come eventually but until then I chose to ignore the pain that'll come. Although Frank, not unlike Neville, does not always get the best treatment, despite his amazing-ness. Thanks so much, always worry I'm not getting them in character or I'm exaggerating their talks.

JustSkipIt
Sadly no Nott was not Buckbeak's supposed executioner, I think that was McNair? I chose Nott because as far as I know not much detail on him so I could inject some of my ideas and evil ideals. Glad to know I've got the tension building right!

what_we_do_is_secret
Glad you decided to read, I wanted the fic to be set in a environment which has ideals and a great framework but I also wanted to be able to work my thoughts and feelings into. That’s one of the reasons its not a school-age fic, we all know what life in Hogwarts is like I wanted to see if I could create my own little Potter world within the books. Also we don't know that much about the characters then, like Lily, James, Lupin, Frank and Alice, another way to be able to explore characters without ripping apart the Potterverse. Willow was a fighter from the beginning, just how Tara was always a healer. Its the way it is in Buffy and its the way it had to be in this. I figure Tara's out, but due to Willow being a bit more in your face (The whole Gay lovers comment to the council) the other characters think of her more like that, meanwhile Tara always seemed a little less sex orientated. The Tara headspace was how I wrote the end of this coming chapter, I mean I've explored Willow a lot and I love Will but I felt I’ve neglected to Tara so I had to start giving her some love. Oh you shouldn't have mentioned mortal peril, muhahahaha. Thanks. And the obsession with weather definitely a British thing. We moan about the cold and wet, then out comes the sun and suddenly its too hot and dry.

UPDATE BELOW

- With You Around, YellowCard

Last edited by vazy on Thu May 12, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:20 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

• Title – I Open at the Close
• Author name – Vazy
• Rating - PG-13
• Disclaimer – I neither own any the Scooby gang or the Harry Potter characters. That pleasure belongs to Joss Whedon and J. K. Rowling
• Feedback- I crave feedback as much as Angelus craves blood.
• Summary- With the wizarding world in dark times as He-who-must-not-be-named causes mass devastation, happiness still manages to bloom. The story of Willow Evans and her family's lives in the middle of a war.
• Seriously guys huge round of claps for indigokane, girl is amazing.
• The lateness of this chapter... I am so sorry. This thing has been re-written several times due to the dislike of it, and then I also was delayed because I got hit with my Art exam. I hope to have this updated for next Saturday which is my Birthday but not sure the likelihood of that due to the rest of my exams delivering a punch to my face on the 17th.

Chapter 4
Willow scowled.

She was cold, she was wet, and it was late. So late that all the bars and pubs had long ago thrown out the last few drunkards that had still been in there, along with her, Frank, and Moody.

It was honing in on 4 a.m. and so far all that she had to show for this night of work was a headache, aching feet and several guys phone numbers scrawled on napkins, none of which she wanted at all. Huffing angrily to herself she huddled deeper into her coat. The travel cup shoved under her nose caused Willow’s eyes to flick up. Frank grinned at her wiggling the mug in front of her again.

“It’s cold, so I figure warm butterbeer might help.” Willow’s eyes lit up at the prospect of something warm, quickly taking the mug and gulping it down. The heat settled in her stomach radiating outwards and Willow sighed happily, her bad mood momentarily chased off.

Willow squinted ahead trying to make out the shape of Moody further ahead of them when Frank caught her arm and pulled her to a stop under a lamppost. The yellow light illuminated them both and Willow raised a single red eyebrow at him.

“We’re getting too close to Mad-eye, looks like we’re together.” Willow nodded absentmindedly, as another thought occurred to her.

“So standing under a street lamp, not suspicious at all?” Willow muttered sceptically to the bedraggled man next to her.

“We look like a drunk couple kissing.” Frank explained softly, as he leaned in close on the pretence of their alibi, his eyes tracking Moody who was now much further ahead. Willow stuck her tongue out in disgust at this idea.

“No offense Frank, but one, you have a wife. And two, I don’t swing that way.” Willow teased, softly shoving him in the shoulder after she’d assessed as well that Moody was far enough ahead. She heard Frank splutter behind her in mock-offence.

Shaking her head Willow chuckled under her breath.

“How is Alice anyway?" Willow asked brightly. "I haven’t seen her in ages, and her desk is like two away from mine!”

A dreamy look crossed Frank’s face at the mention of his wife, him and Alice being newly married like Lily and James were. The war seemed to be pushing couples to make their commitments quick.

Willow laughed again, Frank had a way of cheering you even when you were stuck on a mission at ridiculous-o’ clock. He was, in that respect, like James and Sirius, except Frank was at least a gentleman.

Ahead of them Moody turned the corner and Willow shoved the man teasingly with her shoulder. Before he could speak several loud cracks sounded from ahead and Willow’s green eyes met Frank’s. They broke into a run, skidding on the wet ground as they rounded the corner.

A flash of red light narrowly missed Willow’s ear. Whipping out her wand Willow fired a counter curse at the hooded figures of death eaters.

One fell hard. Willow’s eyes darted round counting them up. Seven.

The wall next to her exploded showering her in rubble. Before she could re-orientate herself, more flashes flew around. Another flick of her wand Willow managed to take another Death eater down.

“Expelliarmus!” One of the cloaked figures roared, wand pointing dead at her.

For a moment she desperately tried to keep her grip on the wand, before it wormed its way out her hand. Seeing no other choice as he raised his wand again, Willow flung herself after her wand.

Her tackle hit him in the knees and her head hit the pavement, with the death eater ending up sprawled on top of her.

Despite the fact the world was swimming after her head’s brief acquaintance with the floor, she scratched at the man’s face snatching her wand away.

Panting hard she scrabbled away on her hands and knees as a scream resounded around the dark empty street. Willow panicked, wild eyed. Frank was in trouble.

In her moment of distraction the death eater took his chance.

“Defodio!” Something sharp slashed across her cheek. Gasping in pain Willow turned back to face her opponent.

“Such a shame, I was aiming for that pretty little neck, girly.” Nott jeered, lifting his wand again.

Willow’s eyes widened in panic as she saw who she’d been attacking. Not good, not good. Raising her wand, she quickly pointed it at him.

Before she’d even had a chance to curse him, he crumpled down onto the pavement once more.

Towering over her and the fallen death eater stood another figure.

Tara tugged at the edge of her lime green healer’s robes trying to get the distinct crease along the left hand side. Sighing she left it, deciding that no one would care for the state of her robes when she had work to do.

Trotting out of the staff changing rooms she waved slightly at the shape of Oz slumped half-asleep on the sofa. The spikey haired young man worked nights at St Mungo’s. He was a close friend of both Tara and Willow’s and he’d been in the year above them.

“Head home Oz, it's late and you’ve worked hard all night.” Oz nodded wearily, patting Tara’s arm before heading to the fireplace.

Tara’s eyes flicked to the clock as the flames in the fireplace flared brightly. It was 8 ‘o clock, she was early for her shift, but Mungo’s was always happy to have more staff.

Pushing herself up onto the reception area’s counter she swung her legs, while next to her one of the receptionists laughed, and pushed a clipboard towards her. Clipped on the board was a mass of papers with various patients files and documents muddled together.

“Elle, does there have to be so much paperwork?” Tara groaned, internally chuckling at how much she sounded like her redheaded roommate when she was grousing about paperwork.

Flicking through the paperwork she spotted some not belonging to her.

“Oz needed you to finish some for him, just the basic stuff he didn’t know about some of the people you got him checking on.” Tara nodded at Elle absentmindedly, as she grabbed a pen and started to fill some sheets out.

Tara was generally bounced around departments, as she was one of the few healers versatile enough to be able work in all the different areas.

It shocked most of the older healers, both Tara and Willow had only been out of school around three years and Tara had only been 22 for a few scant days.

A loud buzzing cut across the noise in the waiting room and Tara leapt to her feet; she knew the drill. The buzzer only sounded if there was a ministry related incident. Quickly she moved towards the rooms they had separated off on the first floor.

Pushing open the door, her heart nearly stopped.

Willow’s red hair was mattered with blood from a cut on her forehead and three large gouges across her cheek, the blood had soaked her blue shirt and tan coat in crimson.

Another healer was trying to get her to stay seated in the chair they’d gotten her into, but despite the fact she was fairly dazed, she was determined not to be treated first.

“For Merlin’s sake! Leave me and help him, darn it!” Willow practically growled at the healer, stabbing a finger towards another healer who was checking Frank Longbottom over.

With one look at the man Tara knew who needed the most help. Striding past the first healer she pushed Willow firmly into the chair. Willow finally gave in, although Tara wasn’t sure if it was due to the fact the red head recognized her, or if she’d just run out of energy.

Tara’s lime robes swirled as she left the healer to deal with Willow and went to help her other colleague. Tara knew she was just there to assist and it would be much better for the auror if he was looked at by a senior healer.

Frank had been wheeled up to a room on the fourth floor, where spell damage was located. Tara, along with the other wizard, had determined that Frank had been hit with multiple stunning spells and then the Cruciatus Curse.

After several spells and numerous potions, the man was now sleeping off the damage. Luckily it seemed the unforgivable curse hadn’t been in effect long enough to cause severe damage.

Sighing, Tara left the room to go in search of Willow. The other auror had been moved into another private room to be treated. Running a hand through her hair, Tara hurried to find the room Willow was in, knowing the healer dealing with Willow would need to be excused.

Willow hated magical medicine, probably due to her muggle upbringing. Tara smirked as she remembered visiting the Evans’ house one summer to find Willow’s arm in a sling.

What the blonde found in the end was a surprisingly docile redhead lying on one of the medical tables down the corridor.

“Calming draft?” Tara asked, fairly surprised they’d given such a thing to the witch. The healer nodded along as she double checked what she’d written on a sheet.

“Yes, she was working herself into a fit, Maclay, and making the head wound worse. So calming and cabeza potions, some essence of dittany for the cuts. A prescribed calming and numbing potion for the next day or two, also. I’ll leave you to deal with the rest.” With that the flat mates were left alone.

Willow smiled dopily up at Tara.

“Taaaaare bear.” The other witches arms wrapped around Tara’s waist hugging her tightly. Laughing the blonde pushed Willow back onto the bed.

“I’ll get Lily to come take you home and look after you for the day. We’re just lucky tomorrow is a day I can take off.”

Tara shook her head at the redhead as she set about dealing with the arrangements, choosing to ignore the overwhelming relief and the odd nagging feeling in the back of her mind so she could get back to work.

Last edited by vazy on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:22 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 2
DIBS!

AWESOME update!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!! They got attacked!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Poor Willow!! Is Frank okay? And Moody?!!! DAMN IT, I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!! AWESOME Tara being able to handle Willow. It's SOO Willow to try and make the Healer go to help others before her.

You.....are...torturing me here!!! I need to read more!! Please!! Update soon!! Please, I beg of you!! *puppy-dog-eyes*

This story is awesome, and by the way, give ya points 'cause couldn't find any grammar mistakes, lol

Post subject: Re: Buffy/HP X-over: I Open at the Close (12/05/11)
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:23 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Wow. What, 7 death eaters out doing evil in public? That's not good at all. It sounds like Willow and Frank got lucky to get a little bit saved. Who was the figure that saved them and where did MadEye go? Was he hurt? You didn't mention him in the hospital parts. It's nice to get that exposition on Frank. I think all we get in the books is basically Nevillle's grandmother saying how awesome he was and then seeing him in Mungos. Tara seems to be an excellent healer. How impressive. So she has an odd nagging feeling. I wonder what that is...

More! More! More!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:20 am 
3. Flaming O

I love, love, love this fic. :grin

If you're planning on not updating anymore, I will look up where you live and kill you.. no wait, then I wouldn't get anymore updates.. I'd lock you up in a tiny room and only feed you if you write.. :kgeek :laugh THAT'S how much I want another update. :kdevil :fallen :kdevil

I'm not joking :impatient

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:34 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Thanks all you guys for the reviews and reading this baby. Keep up the love please?
Alex_Vixen
You are good on that dibs gettin', congrats! Torture is fun, sorry but you may get another 'bout of torture on the Frank and Moody front this chapter but I promise we shall find out the deal of what happened in the next chapter.

JustSkipIt
Much badness due to the war indeed. Madeye was the figure, being the force of nature he is. I figure he got a bit bashed up not as bad as Willow or Frank of course though. I have to admit I would have liked a bit more stuff about Frank in the books, in fact most of the characters before Harry's time but can't have everything and it does mean I get a lot of free rein. Tara would be a badass healer. And here is your more!

ContriQ aka Paow
First things first, love the icon! So cool. No need to lock me in a tiny room or come kill me an update is on its way! I'm a bit busy with exams at the moment but I still try and get a chapter out every week or two. Thank you for the interest!

UPDATE BELOW

Post subject: Re: Buffy/HP X-over: I Open at the Close (22/05/11)
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:35 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

• Author name – Vazy
• Rating - PG-13
• Disclaimer – I neither own any the Scooby gang or the Harry Potter characters. That pleasure belongs to Joss Whedon and J. K. Rowling
• Summary- With the wizarding world in dark times as He-who-must-not-be-named causes mass devastation, happiness still manages to bloom. The story of Willow Evans and her family's lives in the middle of a war.
• Lots of hugs for Tina (Indigokane) my beta!
• Let me tell you, Chemistry and Physics are no fun at all.

Chapter 5
Tara pushed the front door open quietly.

She was well aware that the potions Willow had been dosed with that morning had most likely sent the redhead to sleep.
Setting her shopping bags at her feet, she hung her coat up on one of the hooks by the front door. She hesitated for a moment, before deciding that shopping came before checking on the redhead. Putting up the food she’d bought was an easy task, since Willow had their kitchen meticulously organized.

As she was closing the fridge a person appeared in the doorway. For a moment Tara mistook the figure for Willow before recognizing her flatmate’s younger sister.

Lily grinned at Tara before grabbing the orange juice carton from her and perching herself on the counter top.
“Your sister would not approve of that.” Tara teased the other girl, raising her eyebrow playfully and grabbing a glass from beside the sink and passing it to her.

“You mean me sitting on the counter, or the fact I was about to drink out of the carton?” Lily laughed, wiggling her eyebrows.

“Both.” The blonde chuckled, as she unpacked the last bag while debating what to make for dinner.

“We both know that as much as my big sis loves to pretend she’s perfect, we’re pretty much the same. So I can guarantee that she was most likely doing this-” Lily took a swig from the carton, pointedly ignoring the glass set next to her. “When she was last home.”

“Ew, Lily! I have to drink that too!” Tara groaned, face twisting in disgust. This just caused the younger redhead to laugh happily.

“Oh Tara, naïve, naïve, Tara.” Lily patted her softly on the arm in a gesture of mock comfort.

“Sometimes I wonder why I put up with you and Will.” Tara grumbled, with a roll of blue eyes. .

“How could you, Tara Maclay! You love the pair of us.” Lily winked at the blonde before taking another swig of orange juice directly from the carton.

“You make a mess, sit on my counters, drink out of the carton and frankly make terrible jokes.” Tara jested, shoving Lily light-heartedly as she reached into a cupboard over the girls shoulder. Lily shrugged; you couldn’t argue with that.

“How is Willow?” Tara frowned as she started to cut some meat with a knife.

“Fine, fine. Why do you do that?” Lily waved away the question before hopping off the side to move closer.

“Lily I want a full report on Willow. And ‘why do I do’ what?” Tara asked, setting some oil to heat in a pan while she finished chopping.

“Why do you do it by hand? I mean we have wands; you could use magic and bam! Job done. Instead you do it by hand. I mean what’s the deal? Willow does it too. The pair of you are super powerful witches and you do most things like muggles. I mean, I always wonder…” Lily sighed, her brow furrowed in confusion.

Tara sighed, tossing the cut up food into the sizzling oil.

“You remember in your third year, when Willow was obsessed with the library?” Tara waited for the nod from the younger girl. “She ended up learning so many spells and using magic to do everything, even dressing. Then you remember, she accidentally blew up Flitwick’s classroom trying out a new spell and landed herself in the hospital wing for a week?” Lily nodded, her red eyebrows now furrowed even more.

Tara waited for the girl to reach a conclusion on her own.

For a moment the brows stayed crumpled, then understanding spread across her face.

“I geddit” Lily beamed, and Tara chuckled to herself. Lily and Willow were far too similar for the world’s good. “I see, uh huh! You didn’t want my dumb sister breezing along on a power hunt and ending up like-” Lily cut herself short, looking for a moment terribly sad.

“I’m just going to check on my dumb ol’ sister.” Lily muttered leaving Tara cooking alone in the kitchen.
The blonde sighed as she added vegetables to the meat. Tara knew all about Lily and one Severus Snape,both from first hand and what she’d been told by Willow.

The boy had been very sweet to begin with, as far as she could tell he’d ended up close with both Evans sisters before they’d even joined Hogwarts.

Then things had just turned sour at school. As much as she loved James and his gaggle of friends, they had been fairly brutal to the kind hearted boy, although you couldn’t deny Severus had gotten himself sucked into the dark arts. It was sad really, another person lost and not even to death. No he was over on Voldemort’s side.

It was just lucky that neither Willow or Lily had come across him in their many scrapes with the Death eaters.

With another sigh Tara added noodles to the mix cooking. She fought the niggling urge to go check on Willow as she stirred the food, she knew it would be silly; The dinner would burn and Lily was already on it.

Taking the food to the coffee table by the sofa she curled up into one end with a bowl of stir-fry tucked between her and the arm. Lily emerged into the room sniffing happily.

“Jeez Tare, I love your cooking.” The redhead moaned happily as she shoved a forkful into her mouth. Tara chuckled swirling the noodles around her own fork.

“I take it she isn’t up to food?” The blonde murmured nodding her head at the door that was ajar. Lily nodded as she chewed her mouthful.

“About an hour ago she was getting wiggy about things at work and the potions, you know her and magic medicine; big no go. Anyway, I gave her them before she got lucid enough to pound me into the ground. Out like a light and still is.” Lily grinned helping herself to more food.

The radio played muggle music, filling the apartment with a comforting sound.

Sprawled across the floor on her back was Lily, while above her stretched out on the sofa, was Tara. Since dinner neither girl had bothered to move very far.

Lily had explained that she’d told James she was spending the night with Tara and Willow, to which James had giddily invited the ‘Marauders’ over to the couple’s house.

Willow was still dead to the world, not even muttering in her sleep as she normally did. So the evening was peaceful as the two girls lay in the living room.

“So, are we still having that party for you?” Lily drawled lazily as she rolled onto her side to look at her quasi-sister. Tara nodded, glancing down at the younger girl.

“I-I thought we were just going to do i-it as a joint thing with Sirius. I-I really don’t want to cause t-trouble.” Tara stuttered slightly.

“I guess that means we’ll have to do it at ours. More space and Willow doesn’t let Sirius in here anymore.” Lily scowled at the thought of having to organize something. Tara smiled fondly at the mention of the Willow quirk.

“Y-your house is b-bigger than this tiny place, anyway.” Tara smiled.

“Sometimes I wonder how you and Will stand such close quarters, I swear to god half the time I want to strangle James.” Tara flushed bright red and Lily rolled her eyes. The witchy duo were so clueless sometimes.

“That’s because you only married J-James cause he’s loaded,” Tara teased. “I would consider g-going straight for James' r-rugged features and bags of money.”

Both girls giggled at this idea. Tara may not have been as out there as Willow, but when it came down to it, no one would confuse Tara for being into the male gender.

“Technically Blondie, you are just as loaded as my husband.” Lily chuckled. Tara flushed slightly before raising an eyebrow. Her family being pureblood meant Tara did have lots of money, but that didn’t mean Tara liked it.

“S-so the truth comes out. The Evans sisters; gold diggers.” Tara exclaimed soberly. Lily made to push herself up, her face set in mock-horror.

“I must fetch Willow and we must flee! Our secret has been discovered!” She wailed before flopping back to the floor laughing. Tara laughed happily as well, as she sank further into the cushions.

Willow’s room was dark as Tara crept in.

The only light came from the streetlight outside as it struggled through the gap in the curtains. The flat was silent, aside from the sounds of Lily snoring on the living room floor.

Glancing at the bed she was met with two fuzzy green eyes gazing back at her from the tangled mess of tie-dye sheets..

“Tare?” Willow rasped sleepily, a pale hand snaking out towards Tara. Smiling the blonde moved closer to sit on the bed.

“Hey Willow, how are you feeling?” Tara smiled kindly, her heart twisted oddly at the sight of a half-asleep Willow.

“My head feels big? Is it big? ‘Cause it feels like its planet sized, maybe not as big as Neptune… Venus, definitely Venus sized.” Willow rambled drowsily.

Tara chuckled, reaching out and pushing some red hair out of Willow face. Willow smiled blearily.

“Well your head is normal sized,” Her hand unconsciously stroked the soft, vibrant hair.

Willow’s eyelids were already drooping.

Tara glanced at the half-healed scratches on the other women’s face and the gash above her eyes. Her heart made another funny jerk.

“Do you need some more potions?”

Willow’s eyes flew wide open again, shaking her head weakly, muttering her protest immediately,

“No potions. Icky. Don’t know what’s in them or what they do. Bad potions. Bad...” Willow continued to shake her head.

Tara’s palm on her cheek stopped the motion. Blue eyes met green, and Tara rolled her eyes at the redhead.

“Willow, I’m a healer; hence I know what’s in them. Anyway silly-” Tara nudged Willow lightly.

“You helped me learn them, so you have some idea.” Green eyes shut again and she shook her head once more.

“Still, no potion. Don’t like, it makes me feel funny. Not in control.” Tara sighed and nodded, about to stand up and let the injured party sleep. A small hand caught her wrist keeping her there.

“Don’t go. Stay with me? My head still feels funky.” Came the pleading tone.

Relenting Tara slipped under the blankets to join her roommate. A dreamy smile covered Willow’s face as she snuggled close.

“I like Tara snuggle-” A yawn interrupted the rest of the sentence, so it came out as a mumble.

Tara managed to catch the request to be told something. Wrapping a tentative hand round the redhead’s back Tara relaxed further into the bed.

“I-I spoke to Donnie e-earlier. H-he seemed happy, him and Faith are still going steady. He said they’d try and visit around Christmas. B-but you know how hard it can be for Donnie sometimes.”

Tara sighed as she thought of her squib brother. Donnie was a great guy, Tara supposed it was lucky he hadn’t been raised with their father around. The man would have crushed all the kindness out of him. Instead Tara and Donnie had been raised by their mother, who’d fled with both children when Donald Maclay showed signs of getting violent at his son’s lack of magic.

“I-I also talked to Mama, she’s doing okay. Told you to get well, and said that we have to go visit her shop s-sometime soon.”

The warm breath on Tara’s neck had slowed and the smaller body nestled against her had become heavier and limp , Willow had drifted off during Tara’s soft talk of family.

Realizing that she’d be unable to retrieve her arm from the redhead without waking her, Tara settled down more comfortably, finding herself surprisingly calm despite the fact she was sharing a bed with the other girl.

Sure they’d fallen asleep together curled on various sofas but this felt more deliberate. Soon Tara followed Willow into the abyss of sleep, her last thought was how nice it was.

Last edited by vazy on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:39 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

DIBS?

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:43 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dibs?

That was awesome, dude!!! I Love Lily, shes cool! Awesome to see some Lily--Tara banter, it was really funny.

Poor Willow...but Tara-snuggles will cure her good!

Cant wait for the next update. Please, make it soon?

Last edited by Alex_Vixen on Sun May 22, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:46 pm 
3. Flaming O

Ohhh! Love it! Cannot wait for the next update! :D

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:14 am 
3. Flaming O

OMG, OMG, OMG. An update :bow :bow :banana

Can't wait to see what comes next.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:36 pm 
3. Flaming O

Aw, over too soon!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:08 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
What? So tara is not straight and she still can't figure out why she feels strange about willow? Wow. Talk about needing a clue by four? I love the relationship with the sisters. Very sweet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:10 am 
10. Troll Hammer

I like the idea behind this story line. You have me hooked.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:23 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Alex_Vixen
Congrats on the dibs your generally my biggest reader I think. Glad you like Lily, she'll be turning up a lot being Willow's sister and all. Tara-snuggles cure all and push them that little bit closer to together-y goodness. So much for a quick update huh?

willowtarabuffyfaith
Glad you like it! Sorry for the long wait, things got a little whacky 'round here.

ContriQ aka Paow
I like the excitement! Whats coming next? Well I wouldn't want to spoil that for you :grin

what_we_do_is_secret
Yeah sorry for that, I try to get each chapter over 1,500 words but it still feels far too short sometimes. But I promise more will be coming and hopefully quicker than before.

JustSkipIt
Yeah Willow and Tara in this aren't the greatest at spotting the whole love issue, they're happy as they are. Glad you like the relationship between Willow and Lily, was a little worried I got it wrong at times but I really just drew on my family experiences, well that and the Scoobies messing around together.

love_2003
Its like a drug :devil

UPDATE BELOW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:25 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

• Author name – Vazy
• Rating - PG-13
• I seriously attack T-wrex everytime she beta's for me, I attack her all the time anyway but not the point. Big thanks to Indigokane for the beta.
• Sorry for the long wait things got a little crazy here. Its summer now though so when I get back from my trip be prepared for an update!

Chapter 6
Running a hand over her cheek, Willow glanced at her reflection in the mirror again.

The cuts marring her cheek weren’t as noticeable as she thought they should be. That was one thing that could be said for magic healing, it worked.

Willow chuckled dryly as the moved to brush her teeth.

She’d been trapped in the apartment for less than a day, with Remus to keep her company, but her patience was already wearing thin. She was needed to help at the office, plus she didn’t know the states of Moody and Frank.

It was fairly obvious that her babysitter hadn’t just popped over like he’d pretended; her sister and Tara were trapping her in the house. As much as she loved them for their concern, the situation at work was fairly dire, so she had planned the perfect escape.

Setting her toothbrush down on the side, she allowed her eyes to drift over her face once again. It wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. For a moment she gripped the sink edge, as she clamped down on the memory of Frank's screams. Closing her eyes tightly, she tried to ignore the pain that flared up. Her memory of the wizarding world was shrouded in the war, and things had just gotten worse as soon as she left school.

With a quick shake of her head she rid herself of the morbid thoughts, it was never good to dwell on things that she couldn't really help,and with one final self-conscious glance into the mirror, Willow whirled on her heels and left the bathroom.

A smile played on her face as she noticed the absence of her baby sitter. Creeping back into her room, she scouted for a suitable coat to wear to work. Her normal one was coated with blood from the previous days adventure, a quick mental note to clean it flashed into her head as she grabbed the substitute black one. Glancing at her boots she judged how silent she could be in her escape of the apartment.

“I wouldn’t if I were you.” A voice behind her chuckled. Willow leapt a foot in the air and spun to face the intruder. Ignoring her swimming head and the rising nausea she glared at the tall man.

“Damn it Remus! Do not do that!” Brown eyes met hers and he laughed louder. Stomping over to him Willow prodded his chest in annoyance.

“Just where exactly are you planning to go?” Remus queried, a brown eyebrow cocked at her appearance. Shuffling nervously for a moment, Willow studied the wall over the werewolf’s left shoulder.

“It’s not what you think.” She muttered feebly, wishing she’d just left out the window when she’d gotten a chance.

“Ah, so you’re not sneaking out of the house alone to go into work, leaving me alone to be beaten to death by one incredibly angry blonde upon her return?” Remus grinned sarcastically.

Willow’s brow lowered as she leveled the young man with another glare.

“And here I thought you were better than those hooligans you hang around with young man. See me not liking you anymore.” Willow pouted as she attempted to push past him. His hand caught the redhead’s upper arm as she attempted to make her escape.

“Ah, ah, ah, I may fear your wrath Willow, however, I fear our dear Tara’s oh-so-much more. Behave.” Lupin wagged a finger at the short woman hoping that she would get the idea that there was no leaving.

The red head stared at the finger in front of her face for a moment thinking, and the silence stretched on as she continued to think. It was now the man’s turn to squirm; he knew that the older girl was undoubtedly coming up with a plan, one that he was certainly going to be unable to stop.

“I’m not allowed to be alone?” Willow smiled brightly, plowing on before he could answer. “Then along you must come.” Whirling on her heel Willow marched to the front door without another word.

“Fine, fine!” Remus huffed as he followed on her heels “But we are only staying for 2 hours, and as soon as we get back you’re taking your potion. Not to mentioning explaining to Miss Maclay that this is not my fault.” Willow’s answering grin was wide and smug as she shut the door, redoing the locks behind them.

“Uh huh, will do. To satisfy you even more we’ll walk there. No floo or apparating, which would be bad for my head.” Willow kept to herself the fact that her head was beginning to throb with a heavy disco beat.

“It’s just lucky I don’t have a job…” Lupin groused, as Willow started quickly for the stairs out of her building.

Central London was buzzing with activity, cars whizzed past the pair as they made their way to the public toilets situated nearby at Whitechapel. Remus’ eyes flicked down to watch the petite redhead as a dark scowl painted itself across her face. He tried not to laugh as moments later her lower lip joined the rebellion in a pout.

Willow could feel the man's eyes on her, but didn't bother to change her expression, she hadn't thought the whole walking plan through entirely.

"I hate going through the toilets, so unhygienic." Willow pulled another horrible face, as she voiced her thoughts to the werewolf next to her. Ignoring his reaction she shoved him towards the male side.

Before he could protest, she raised a single red brow.

"Male. Female. Me not going to run. You go male. Me female."

Shaking a head at his momentary denseness, she followed the queue of other woman into the bathroom. Shutting the cubicle door behind her she repressed the urge to wretch as she stepped into the toilet bowl. With a single tug of the chain she was whisked into the Ministry of Magic.

The atrium was huge, as usual, and Willow repressed the urge to groan as she thought of the extra distance her and Lupin would have to cover to get across it.

Glancing towards the other sets of entrances, she spotted her companion. Attempting to hurry over to the tall figure, she got knocked to the floor by someone running out of the entrance next to hers. The breath rushed out of her lungs as she hit the hard marble floor and her head throbbed mercilessly at being jumbled around. Scooting onto her butt, she glanced up at the figure above her. The woman was well-dressed, with robes of a deep regal purple. Willow's brain, still attempting to regain its grip on time, didn't even register anything as the woman shoved past.

Blinking stupidly, Willow realized her position on the cold and slightly dirty floor. A hand appeared in her vision just as she was about to pull herself to her feet; following the arm up, Willow was met with a pair of navy blue eyes and a smile.

"On your ass again Miss Evans?" Amelia Bones laughed as she hauled the younger girl to her feet.

Nodding weakly, Willow glanced around for Remus, who was bobbing through the surprisingly large crowd over to them. Amelia Bones worked in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and had helped Willow several times over the course of her time at the Ministry. Her brother was amongst the members in the Order. Willow had been delighted to hear that the woman was up for a very important promotion, Amelia was very good at her job and always unbiased.

"T-thanks." Willow stuttered, a light blush covering her cheeks. Amelia merely nodded and set off on her way.

Willow forced the blush down and moved towards the figure of Remus. Grinning up at the frowning man ,Willow patted him on the shoulder ignoring the plethora of questions on her health and fall, instead choosing to head straight to their destination.

The golden grated doors of the lift pinged merrily into the atrium, the lift itself filled with several people already. In the left-hand corner stood Arthur Weasley engrossed in a muggle manual of some sort. Tilting her head, Willow tried to read the cover to discover this week’s fascination. Car manual, Willow managed to assess but was still unable to tell what model of car.

Willow didn’t spare a glance to the others in the office as she entered and scurried towards the collection of shabby cubicles that were reserved for the senior aurors.

Popping her head round the corner of Moody’s, she noted it was meticulously clean, papers stacked and complete on one end of the desk, with notes and stationary on the other. Willow’s brows scrunched together at the lack of her superior.

Spinning on her heel she nearly collided with Lupin, but darting round him she headed to her desk. It was a jumble of pens, paperwork and personal touches, which contrasted greatly with both Moody’s desk and most of the other tables within the offices.

There on top of the mess was a bright yellow note. Willow’s eyes widened as she read it, before jamming it into her pocket. Spinning once again, she was about to take off at a run, but Lupin’s hands gripped her forearms stopping all movement.

“Slow down before you collapse,” He instructed firmly trying to push her into a chair. “Now what is happening?” Struggling out of his grip, she gestured wildly in the direction of the head of the Auror department’s office.

“Meeting about the mission yesterday, I really should go help Mad Eye. You can stay here. I’ll be back soon.”

The call to enter sounded sharp, suppressing a wince, Willow pushed Rufus Scrimgeour’s office door open. All the eyes in the office fell upon her.

“Ah Miss Evans, finely care to join us.” Scrimgeour muttered sarcastically.

Moody’s blue eye whizzed furiously at the snide comment made at his protégée, but that was the only outward sign of his annoyance. Willow crept over and perched on the chair that had been magically pulled out the moment she’d entered.

The men’s attention was diverted away from her again, to continue their discussion of the meeting. Willow decided her best bet was to just sit quietly.

“Tell me Alastor, how two of our higher aurors and our ‘prodigy’-” The sneer in his voice was obvious “were taken down, two are injured, one severely, and the majority of the targets got away?” Willow winced, when put that way it sounded bad.

“Ambushed. We were only sent to do recon. We may be able to hold our own against most death eaters, but being attacked because we were following the protocol of distance between aurors, is not our fault.” Moody snapped at the head. Scrimgeour seemed to bristle at the mere mention that his system was wrong.

Willow kept her gaze fixed on her lap, where her fingers were furiously twisting themselves into knots. This wasn’t going to be pretty and her head already hurt.

Willow rubbed her eyes as Moody shut the door to Scrimgeour’s office behind them. Her skull felt as if it was soon going to explode, and the cuts on her face were stinging like mad. Glancing at Moody she saw the disapproving stare he was shooting her.

“I thought I told you and Miss Maclay, that you were on leave.” Willow gritted her teeth and felt her hair rise in anger, as the man addressed her in a condescending tone.

“I already told you Mad-eye, darn it. No way am I sitting on my ass and letting you take the hit for all of our screw ups.” For a moment the two squared up to each other, both glaring daggers. Lupin, who had seen them exit the office moments ago, intervened before their frayed nerves could get them into a fight.

“What actually happened, Willow was fuzzy on the details?” He asked brow creased with worry.

“Head wounds do that to you Remus.” Willow muttered dryly, taking the seat at her desk and putting her head in her hands to block out the bright lights illuminating the offices.

“We were ambushed. Seven death eaters in total. Got a jump on us. I took down two, Mister Longbottom was in the process of taking down his first, when a few well placed curses hit him before I could stop them. Evans was already taking on Nott, after disposing of two, when she was injured. I stopped any more severe damage being done, but the one torturing Longbottom took off along with Nott.” Moody spat in disgust at the mess of an operation.

“It was a huge failure.” Willow groaned into her palms.

“But you took down the majority of them, getting several into ministry custody.” Lupin frowned, not understanding how this was classed as a loss.

“We failed the objective. Nott got away, the bastard , and Frank got hurt.” Willow growled dangerously, the pain of her head not making her at all forgiving now.

“How is Frank?” Lupin asked, concern coloring his voice. Green eyes peered blearily over the top of pale hands to query Moody as to the fate of their friend.

“He’s bloody lucky,” Moody grumbled. “The curses that hit him in the chest broke a couple of ribs. The unforgivable curse scrambled his brain a little. He’s in shock and waiting on tests for Post Traumatic Stress. He’ll be on leave for several weeks, lucky to get away with his sanity.” Moody made to stomp away in the direction of his cubicle before pausing.

“Evans go home and take a weeks leave. Can’t have our ‘prodigy’ over tired. And don’t forget constant vigilance, maybe it will finally get through that thick skull.” Willow grinned weakly as Moody disappeared.
Looking up at Lupin with hopeful green eyes, Willow finally reduced herself to begging.

“Home please? I want to get over the wrath of my roommate, possibly my sister and brother-in-law too, and just go to bed.”

Post subject: Re: Buffy/HP X-over: I Open at the Close (26/07/11)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:38 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
DIBS!!!!!

if it's not real, you can't hold it your hands; you can't feel it with your heart, then i won't believe it. but if it's true you can see it with your eyes, even in the dark; and that's where i want to be. 'brick by boring brick' -paramore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:14 pm 
5. Willowhand

Great update Vazy.
Of course Willow is as stubborn as she is lovable, having to go when she should have stayed home.
Should be interesting to see who gets the most mad at her for going. lol

Great Job!

A Proposal Plan, A Star's Second Chance
Finey_McFine's Fan club http://finey-mcfinefanclub.webs.com/

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13
http://www.astronsoulfanfictions.com/
http://astronsoulfanfic.tripod.com/twilight/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:44 pm 
3. Flaming O

Just starting in this- it's great! I'm a little confuzzled, though. Are W/T dating (yet?).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:31 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Wonderful story so far.
Now, I hope the updates are coming soon.
Tara sure is gonna be mad with worry.
So how far the Wizarding World gonna change with the changes on history. Can't wait.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:44 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great update, darling!!!!!!

Leave it to Willow to not stay still even when her head is hurt. lol Poor Willow when Tara and Lily get mad at her for leaving the house..... At least Remus was with her to back her up in case she needed help. Remus is awesome and I cried so bad when he died....

Gotta love Mad-Eye. He's awesome and kicks ass! Poor Frank. lol Short update but it was awesome. Can't wait for more, babes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:53 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Hi Vazy

Really liking this story and having it set during the first wizard war, when you know who first came to power makes it different from others that I’ve noticed which are set during the books.

It’s interesting that you say that Willow and Lily’s parents are muggle’s as I always thought that Harry Potter’s parents both came from magical backgrounds. That said I’ve only actually read the first book.

I like the reference you put in about Snape, especially as I’ve just seen the eighth film (or is that the second half of the seventh film???) and what we learn about him during the film series.

A nice little idea, with Tara’s mom having run off with both her children and that Donnie may not have any power. I’m gonna assume that Donald senior joins Voldemort’s army.

Sure they’d fallen asleep together curled on various sofas but this felt more deliberate. Soon Tara followed Willow into the abyss of sleep, her last thought was how nice it was.
Awww sweet, the beginnings of a beautiful romance ‘sigh’ :luv

Just wondered, is Amelia Bones, Amy????

This is a cool little story with plenty going on to keep the interest. Keep it up Vazy as I’d like to see where this story goes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:48 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
I like McDonald's fries

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:14 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I am going to hang my head in shame as I say a huuuuge sorry for being a horrid, horrid kitten. I know its been the better part of 4 months since an update when I said I'd try and get one out once I got home from my trip to Africa. But I just didn't...

Truth is I've been out of the continent twice since the last update. Life's been hetic, starting back in school, applying for university and trying to make up for pretty crappy exam results. As it currently stands chapter 7 is done and awaiting beta-ing and I am working on other chapters, I suppose if you guys really wanted I could upload un-beta-ed but my spelling isn't always the best. I'll try and get back into the swing of working on this baby, I seriously miss it to be honest, but school is currently eating me alive.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:19 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Hey Vazy,
Awesome story so far. I really like that whole crossover fanfiction thing. Its a shame that Willow is hurt, but she is still stubborn like a mule which is awesome. Also, the fact that you have Tara as a healer is great as well. I will be waiting paitently for your next update. Take care.

Wol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:59 am 
3. Flaming O

Hi Vazy,
As long as you are a happy kitten, we are too! I would still love an update though, and if you want it betaed, just say the word! Would be a relief reading and correcting something more interesting than essays! Good luck with it all!

~The Show Must Go On by Queen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:33 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Indigokane
Dibs for the mighty beta? I think this is fair.

AstronSoul
Will is our stubborn little red-head, and like she'd sit around doing nothing whilst she's needed. Like Superman... I figure Lily would probably knock her block off before hugging her to death, Tara would be more the silent judgemental angry. Thanks Kitken.

|Brave-little-toaster
Well first I'll say thanks for taking the time to read this and then I shall answer you're question. Willow and Tara aren't dating yet, just very touchy-feely friends. But soon, promise.

Alex_Vixen
Why thank you as always, probably my most loyal reader. Sorry for the wait. Sit still? Willow? Never. She's like the energizer bunny. I can imagine an angry Lily and Tara would not improve the headache she's got. I figure Remus would be the dependable friend to everyone, and yeah I freaking sobbed my eyes out when he died, Tonks too. God they were awesome. Mad-eye is totally the badass boss.

Willowtaralover
Thank you so much! I never really planned to stick our girls at Hogwarts with the golden trio. It would be amazing fun to do that, but this way I have more freedom on plot and characters seeing as we never saw much. Plus like you said it's different from the rest. Lily's parents in the books are muggles, James' as far as I remember were pure-bloods. It gives a nice feel to have that muggle aspect slipping in like Willow could mention something that'd totally stump my pure-blood Tara. Like rubber ducks. I adore Snape, he was so awesome. And between you and me, most of the time I agreed with his assesment of Harry. So Snape gets a roll in this. Plus it'd be fun to explore the idea that Lily might have struggled with her former best friend on the dark side, that had to cause some trouble. Got it in one. Evil Donald doin' it for the baddies. As for Donnie, I figure being a squib might give him a slight bitterness, but he'd be a nice guy. Really I'm just a sucker for some nice Donnie and Tara interaction, as well as having Tara's mama for some moral support. Sadly Amelia Bones isn't Amy or though now I might try to work Amy in... That'd be fun.

Laragh
We never did have a chance for an awesome lunch together at Hallowhedon. Damn.

MmmTaraSoSmexy13
Thanks! I love cross-over fanfics, or at least well written ones. I also find them so much easier to write, you get to blend two things you love. Its like neapolitan ice cream. It does suck that Willow's head had a high speed meeting with some pavement but sadly it is nessacary. Tara's the caring one with the healing energy, being a healer is her calling and was what I always planned her to be.

Nenyath
Thanks for being so understanding, life currently has me in a strangle hold. I know the feeling of wanting an essay break, currently avoiding an Art essay and some major backlog of Chemistry revision.

UPDATE BELOW

Last edited by vazy on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:35 am 
4. Extra Flamey

• Author name – Vazy
• Rating - PG-13
• T-Queen is the bomb as a beta so everyone give her a hand please?
• I am a very bad kitten, sorry. I suppose now I've updated this I should go back to my failing studies...

Chapter 7
Tara glanced over the mass of bottles, all varying in color and size, before carefully selecting a couple. Carrying over the two vibrantly colored liquids, she smiled warmly at the shy child clinging to her father’s sleeve.

Big brown eyes peaked at her over the wool she clung too, before, with a flurry of blonde hair, the eyes disappeared back behind the sleeve.

“Hey Bella,” Tara spoke softly, holding out a hand to the child

“Do you mind if I look at your Dad? You can hold his hand but I just need to get a closer look, okay?” The brown eyes widened, and the girl clutched tighter to the jumper’s sleeve, but shuffled over to allow her more room. Tara beamed at the child as she moved closer to inspect her patient.

Gently removing the blood-stained tea towel from his arm, she cringed at the sight of the wound. The teeth of whatever had bitten him were huge and numerous. The wound was bloody, and seemed to be turning a nasty shade of sky blue. She winced at the thought of what had taken a bite out of the man.

Grabbing a cotton bud, she quickly swiped the dirt out of the wound, and poured a neon pink gloop out of one of the bottles. For a moment the skin foamed, and then a scab formed over the top. With another cotton bud she swiped away the blue froth, before dabbing on the second potion.

She studied the bite for another few moments, then, when satisfied, she taped on a large piece of gauze. Smiling at the man for a brief moment, she moved back to the cabinet filled with finished potions and ingredients. Selecting several items, she quickly added them all into her brass cauldron. With a flick of her wand flames flickered beneath.

“Your potion will be ready in just a sec, and then you just have to go speak to one of our desk people. They’ll need to see your dangerous beast license, because that clearly comes under dangerous beast.” The man chuckled at this, bouncing his child on his knee.

At the bubbling sound of the potion, Tara quickly poured it into a flask, and handed it to the man, before escorting him out the small treatment room. Dropping him off by the large front desk, she waved quickly at Elle before ducking into the Healer’s lounge.

The room was relatively empty, except for the two new healers that were talking quietly on one of the shabbier sofas as one of Tara’s mentors, John Smith, lay spread-eagled on another snoring like a buzz saw. She had to smother a chuckle at the sight of the older Healer.

The merry chime of the clock on the wall alerted her to the time, blue eyes widening, she fumbled with the key to unlock her locker. The old metal door squeaked open as she ignored the various pictures blu-tacked inside, and grabbed the fraying blue duffle bag from the depths. She needed to get home and shower quickly, if she wanted to be on time tonight.

Tugging at the hood of her rain coat to keep the drizzle out of her eyes ,Tara let herself through the creaky iron gate.

The house ahead wobbled its way skyward, defying all laws of physics. Attachments were stuck on at random, making it look much more like a children’s drawing than a plausible building.

Moving across the small chicken-scratched yard to the faded green door, Tara found it hard not to smile. The Weasley house may have been a mismatched looking place, but the family that lived there was one of the best.

Knocking lightly on the door, Tara waited. Footsteps were heard before a crack appeared in the door. Molly Weasley’s face peered through, brightening at the sight of the younger witch. After quickly exchanging questions, the door was opened fully. Molly swept Tara into a hug before she could blink.

“Thank you for helping with Fred the other day. He’s much better now.” Tara waved the comment off easily; it was her job.

“I-is Willow okay?” Tara asked, as she was pushed into a chair at the large wooden table taking up the centre of the kitchen.

She had left Willow with in the capable hands of Molly Weasley for a reason, as it seemed Remus, who she thought was the most responsible of her friends, had been dragged into the madness of Willow’s little jaunt to school. She winced internally at the thought of the scolding she’d given him when an exhausted Willow turned up with him in tow. It wasn’t the werewolf’s fault that the redhead had been so stubborn.

The day before she’d left Lily and James in charge of babysitting duty, but had returned home to James with an icepack on his eye, as the result of Lily clocking him one for making too much noise while Willow slept. So it was the Weasley house filled with many kids, or leaving her in the care of Sirius Black today. She thought her roommate would be safer with the kids.

“She’s fine, dear. In the other room with the boys, they’ve been keeping her busy all day. No time for her to think of the offices. You’ll be staying for dinner?” Molly’s question sounded more like a statement to her, but Tara nodded along anyway. Molly’s cooking was amazing, and she needed a break. Before she could drift off into her thoughts, a steaming mug of tea was plonked in front of her. Smiling gratefully she took a sip.

Chatting happily to the other witch for a while, Tara was able to relax and forget the niggling feeling that had been at the back of her mind since Willow’s mission.

When Molly got up to start cooking dinner, Tara stood also, pushing her hair back with one hand she gestured towards the door with the other.

“Do you mind if I go check on Willow?” With a nod as answer, she followed the sounds of laughter into the sitting room.

Tara’s heart melted when she saw Willow’s current situation with the Weasley boys. Willow was leaned back against the sofa with Percy in her lap, his horn-rimmed glasses sliding down his nose as he glared furiously at the chessboard before them.

Leaning on her left side wrapped in a starry blue blanket were the twins, both completely oblivious to the game as they slept. Across from the four sat the two oldest Weasley children, side-by-side. Charlie was staring at his older brother for guidance, as Bill toyed with the knight on the board.

At the sight of her, Charlie bounced up from his position beside his brother, and ran over to hug her leg. The little boy loved Tara, it was really rather cute, Tara thought.

“Hey Tara.” He beamed up at her. Chuckling Tara ruffled the flaming red hair.

“Hey Bud, you playing chess with Willow, and your brothers?” With an excited nod he let go of her leg, and scurried back to Bill’s side, who was still absorbed in the cheques of the board, to continue the game.

Tara moved to sit on the sofa that her flatmate was using as a backrest. As she settled back into the cushions Willow muttered a quiet hello, so as to not wake the sleeping children using her as a mattress, this was followed by a mumbled greeting from Percy who was now sucking his thumb.

Tara held back a squeak at the cuteness of Willow and the kids. The nearly matching hair could almost make them related. Willow leaned over to point out a piece to Percy, still being careful not to jostle the twins. The three-year-old nodded at what she pointed at, and she moved the piece.

Tara held back another noise at the cuteness, if she wasn’t careful she’d end up sounding like her cousin Dawn.

Still though, Tara couldn’t help but imagine Willow with kids of her own. Tara’s brow furrowed, the niggling had gotten worse. She kept her eyes on the back of Willow’s head as the game continued, and Tara puzzled her thoughts out.

In her mind she saw Willow cradling a smaller redhead. As Willow turned to grin at her, and Charlie and Bill started to bicker over their next move, it clicked. She sat frozen as she continued to stare at the older redhead.

Willow’s hand snaked up over the edge of the seat and pushed some blonde hair behind Tara’s ear. Blue eyes widened as the touch felt like electricity. Her heart thundered in her ears.

“Uh Tare, you okay?” Her mind snapped back to the present moment. Worried green eyes stared up at her. Nodding deftly Tara forced herself to stand.

“I-I-I’m g-g-going to help M-Molly.” She stuttered, as she stumbled out of the room, feeling the green eyes still fixed on her.

As Tara helped Molly in the kitchen, her brain rattled around in her head. Thoughts of small redheads, with blue eyes danced through her mind. Her eyes flitted to Molly Weasley’s swollen abdomen, and imagined someone else with red hair with a similar bump. Shaking her head Tara went back to collecting cutlery from the drawer.

“H-how’s the next little whirlwind Molly?” Tara smiled, hoping that the talking would help slow her blossoming realization. The older woman positively grinned, and rested a hand on her stomach.

“He’s very well thanks, not as energetic as the twins, or Bill.” Tara laughed at Molly’s assessment of the growing baby, not bothering to question the woman’s assumption of a boy. After all Molly already had five others.

“He’s due in April right?” A nod confirmed her suspicions, and Molly started to talk about her other pregnancies.

Tara attempted to listen raptly but her mind was flicking back to Willow, and the electricity of her touch. It felt so right, and made Tara want to slap herself for not seeing it before. Everyone else had. Willow wasn’t just a friend, Willow was… Well Willow was Willow. Sweet, wonderful, amazing Willow.

Tara’s heart fluttered as she thought of the many instances of her best friend. Sleepy Willow, with drooping green eyes and mussed red hair. Concentrating Willow, with the cute scrunch between her eye brows, chin resting on hand. Happy Willow, with creased up eyes and flashing white teeth, pink tongue poking out.

Her Willow-y thoughts were broken when the real thing burst into the room, a screaming twin perched on each hip, with a pied piper trail of three little boys following her. Grinning apologetically, Willow handed the twins off to their mother, before turning to the other boys and requesting they wash their hands.

Tara felt the dreamy look swim across her face at parental Willow, but clamped down on it. Best not alert the other girl to her rapidly evolving feelings.

The girl in question collapsed into a chair next where Tara stood, allowing her head to loll back bonelessly.

“Do you know how exhausting kids are? Especially five little boys! Merlin forbid Lil ends up pregnant. Imagine Potter’s spawn, that child will be trouble with a capital T.” Willow’s moaning was softened by the smile plastered across her tired face.

Tara laughed and allowed her fingers to trace the fast healing cuts on Willow’s face. Warmth sparked up her fingers and whole arm at the skin on skin contact, before she brushed some hair away from green eyes, and moved to fetch glasses for dinner.

Post subject: Re: Buffy/HP X-over: I Open at the Close (30/11/11)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:40 am 
4. Extra Flamey

dibs
Yay for the awesomeness that was this update and not long until the final movie is out on DVD :banana :eatme :banana For me Harry Potter is one of those films where so many of the characters were just cast actually exactly as I imagined them.
I love the way you've placed the Buffy characters into Potterverse they fit so well,Also I like how you haven't gone with the usual type of Potter Crossover with them in Hogwarts at the same time as *Snape(Alan Rickman)'s awesome voice* Potter.
The whole wizarding war time was one of the parts of the series which also seemed slightly blurry so I like how it's set then.
I'll admit the idea of Sirius looking after Willow is amusing though the Weasleys were definetely the safer option
Best of all they're getting closer to being together Yay
Quote:
“Do you know how exhausting kids are? Especially five little boys! Merlin forbid Lil ends up pregnant. Imagine Potter’s spawn, that child will be trouble with a capital T.” Willow’s moaning was softened by the smile plastered across her tired face.
Favourite quote of the chapter nice forshadowing of Harry
I really wonder how different things will be with Harry growing up with Willow and Tara.
and I wonder who's crazier Drusilla or Bellatrix or whether they'll be combined into some super insano witch
Finally I do find it slightly funny that Willow and Lily are sisters simply because of How I Met Your Mother.

Tara: I am, you know.
Willow: What?
Tara: Yours.
Who are You

Post subject: Re: Buffy/HP X-over: I Open at the Close (30/11/11)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:23 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SOOO FUCKING HAPPY I DECIDED TO CHECK THE BOARD TODAY!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *does a happy dance*

Okay.....fan-girl moment's over.... *takes a deep breath* okay, Im done now...lol Now, the chapter.... First of all, did it have to be SO short?? C'mon!! More Willow cuteness with the Weasley children!!! lol

I thought it was awesome that you showed Tara working at first. It shows just how dedicated and how awesome she is at what she does. Because thats part of who she is, she's caring and dedicated and always willing to help whoever needs it. That's part of what makes Tara so AWESOME!

Quote:
The house ahead wobbled its way skyward, defying all laws of physics. Attachments were stuck on at random, making it look much more like a children’s drawing than a plausible building.

That is SOOO true!! LOL Of all the places in HP universe, the Burrow was always my favorite. It's like the ultimate proof of the magic! lol But also...

Quote:
...Tara found it hard not to smile. The Weasley house may have been a mismatched looking place, but the family that lived there was one of the best.

Exactly because of that. The Weasley house was always my favorite right because of that. It's not just a funny looking house, it's a home to anybody who needs it. It's warm, filled with good people, with an amazing family...

Quote:
She had left Willow with in the capable hands of Molly Weasley for a reason, as it seemed Remus, who she thought was the most responsible of her friends, had been dragged into the madness of Willow’s little jaunt to school. She winced internally at the thought of the scolding she’d given him when an exhausted Willow turned up with him in tow. It wasn’t the werewolf’s fault that the redhead had been so stubborn.

Quote:
The day before she’d left Lily and James in charge of babysitting duty, but had returned home to James with an icepack on his eye, as the result of Lily clocking him one for making too much noise while Willow slept. So it was the Weasley house filled with many kids, or leaving her in the care of Sirius Black today. She thought her roommate would be safer with the kids.

First of all, poor Remus. Angry Tara ain't a pretty sight, lol (although it must be HOT lol) But it's easy to understand why Tara thought it was better to leave Willow with Molly and the kids, instead of James and Lily or worse! Sirius!! Although it would have been REALLY funny to see Sirius and Willow together...Willow needs to be calmed and relaxed and rest....not the mess that would probably had come out from that situation. lol

Quote:
At the sight of her, Charlie bounced up from his position beside his brother, and ran over to hug her leg. The little boy loved Tara, it was really rather cute, Tara thought.

I loved Charlie being such a fan of Tara. I thought it was awesome! And really cute! Charlie and Bill are among my favorite characters, even if they didnt have that much "screen time" until the later books. I always thought they were awesome because they show what the Weasley family is: loyal, caring, always willing to help and protective of those they love.

Quote:
As Willow turned to grin at her, and Charlie and Bill started to bicker over their next move, it clicked. She sat frozen as she continued to stare at the older redhead.

FINALLY!!!! Goddess, I was seriously considering giving Tara a nice kick in her sweet ass!! It WAS about time she realized her feelings, for Goddess' sake!!!

I TOTALLY LOVED Tara imagining a baby Willow. That is SOO cute! Although in my stories the babies usually look like Tara (honestly dont know why that happens, it just does) I love baby Willow! It's awesome! And *giggles* I bet baby Willow would be a handfull... *ponders* Hey! Will there be a baby Willow or baby Tara in this story?? 'Cause that would be awesome! I mean...sure, Will and Tara will take care of Harry (which is awesome in itself) but...he could use a little brother or sister...lol Hey! Maybe you could make Ginny his sister (instead of the dissaster from the book) and when they're older Ginny and Hermione could end up together!! lol Sorry...my inner Ginny/Hermione fan-girl/writer coming to surface for a moment. lol

Quote:
“Do you know how exhausting kids are? Especially five little boys! Merlin forbid Lil ends up pregnant. Imagine Potter’s spawn, that child will be trouble with a capital T.

Now...THAT'S an spoiler!! LOL LOVED Willow for saying that! lol

Anyway...this update was AMAZING!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!!! It was amazing!! I'm cursing at the Board right now because I dont know why but the Board doesnt allow me to change my email adress so I NEVER get the notifications of the updates and PMs. But it's a good thing I check it regularly.

Have a good day/night/afternoon/whatever darling, lol I'll patiently wait for the next update and I'm promising the new GA update will be tonight or tomorrow....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next