The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Chat Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:46 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 1
It was awesome for us! How was it for you guys? I miss you!!!

*hugs Germy and Scottish* :p

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all :)

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:33 pm 
12. Recently Gay

*hugs Frenchie and Belgy*
We miss you guys too!
We need to sort out Centre Parks!
Love you both!

We had great time at New Year, we went to a bar we love with some friends and kissed in the New Year, had such a good time while she's been here. Wish it could last forever...

Wishing Peace, light and love to everyone.
Tara: 'Can we just skip it? Can, can you just be kissing me now?'
Tara: 'I am you know' Willow: 'What?' Tara 'yours'

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:18 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

We talked about Center Parks this morning after seeing an add in the paper. :)

TPAM is the same zodiac as my girlfriend :)

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:03 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Please recall that I've been away from commercial TV since December of '02. SO perhaps this is nothing new.

However I was surprised by what I *thought* I saw on a commercial for Crest Whitening Strips. A woman gets a last-mnute call from her femal Significant Other about attending an awards banquet, so she uses the product and the last scene shows them meeting up outside the hall.

New or old, I'm glad about it, assuming I'm right.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:47 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 8
I hope everyone knows the news about New York State.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:26 am 
3. Flaming O

What news?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:10 am 
28. Com...plete

ContriQ aka Paow wrote:
What news?

Friday night, gay marriage was signed into law in New York, meaning that starting July 24th same-sex couples will be able to get married. NY is the 6th and largest state to legalize marriage equality, doubling the total population in the U.S. living in gay marriage states.

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

Last edited by CrazyTaraWitch on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:53 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Grrrrr! Grrr! And in conclusion, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

The filter at my work has tweaked again and now the Kitten is blocked as a "Personal Site." So, no more coming here on breaks or on hold, just Saturdays at the library

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:13 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
DaddyCatALSO - THAT'S HORRIBLE!! I'm so sorry to hear that. My last job did that too, but at least I always have my roommates internet to horde lol. So no ones been here in a while, huh? No fun! *pouts*

"Not a word is ever needed to excuse you loving me." Willow to Tara in Katharyn's Sidestep Chronicles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:20 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Don't know if this is the right place, but anyone have any thoughts on the Samsung Galaxy Tab? I'm thinking of getting one. I mostly want one to watching some study videos outside of my house but don't want a laptop.

"Supposedly the summer is "over." The people that say that are either children or work in the education field. We are neither of those things. The summer is over when it stops being 300 degrees outside. Which won't be until December. That said, we will continue to have summer fun!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:29 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 444
DaddyCatALSO wrote:
Grrrrr! Grrr! And in conclusion, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

The filter at my work has tweaked again and now the Kitten is blocked as a "Personal Site." So, no more coming here on breaks or on hold, just Saturdays at the library

Consider a proxy via amazon web services or something like that.. I mean..that's cheating but...

Last edited by drlloyd11 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:53 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Doctor! You may be just the person I need to consult with on MY case of Kitten deprivation! :grin

We must talk!

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:34 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

HalfCamel wrote:
Don't know if this is the right place, but anyone have any thoughts on the Samsung Galaxy Tab? I'm thinking of getting one. I mostly want one to watching some study videos outside of my house but don't want a laptop.

I don't have a Galaxy Tab, but I do have the Galaxy II S phone. Apart from the phone being smaller and well, being to make phone calls with, both work the same way, and I am absolutely in love with my phone. In my opinion, Samsung has beaten Apple on this: the Samsung Galaxy products are sleek, lightweight, easy to use (although it takes a little while to adapt to everything those things are capable of), the screen responds amazingly well...I say go for it! I would buy a Tab if I didn't already have two laptops...

Last edited by Gaga01 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:04 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I'm flying to California next week and if I already have some stuff planned with friends, I'll probably have some time alone to kill...to the Californian kittens out there, do you know any place worth going in the Los Angeles area, you know for a walk or something? Places easily accessible using the subway and/or walking? I don't want to be stuck and be a burden to my friends if I want to go somewhere while they're working...suggestions?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:10 am 
25. Cured Boy-wanter

I am soooooo envious Gaga! I wish you a wonderful time and please send me a postcard if you can :) pass some hugs around too :) xxx

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:20 am 
2. Floating Rose

hi there !

Do we have kittens from San Francisco ??

xoxo

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:31 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

deviantART wrote:
hi there !

xoxo

I think there are quite a few both active and non active. LA seems to still be "the hub" however.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:52 pm 
25. Cured Boy-wanter

drlloyd11 wrote:
deviantART wrote:
hi there !

xoxo

I think there are quite a few both active and non active. LA seems to still be "the hub" however.

Hi Dr Llloyd :) I am not from there I am from jolly old England but I just wanted to say hello and give a little wave. How have you been? xxx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:51 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

sweet satin lover, hi!
Where about in England? What do you do there?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:00 am 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 2
Ohhhh man I am so glad to be back- you can't possibly imagine the HORRORS I have just read. Eww. Yuck. And ew.
The thing I love about this board is that a lot of Willow and Tara fans are mature writers who have a great story to share. And I don't wanna harp on, cause it's a free country, but I just visited a fan fiction site (not W/T based) that I haven't been on for a while....

AND THE GRAMMAR!!! THE SPELLING!!! THE 1-DIMENSIONAL CHARACTERS AND GENERAL LACK OF PLOTLINE!!! In the interest of full disclosure, I just read a story about One Direction finding twin babies on their doorstep and randomly deciding to keep them! And it wasn't even written well!*

*no offence to any 1D fans

*shudders* I'm so glad you guys exist...

"Alternate universes don't stay put. Trying to send him to a specific place is sort of like ... like ... trying to hit a ... puppy, by throwing a live bee at it. Which is a weird image, and you should all just forget it."
-Willow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:17 pm 
25. Cured Boy-wanter

Hi I'm from Kent England.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:44 pm 
3. Flaming O

So, what's good to do at Capital Pride in DC?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:51 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
I can't imagine which other thread this might belong in, so: Labyrinth (one of my all-time favourites) was on tv a couple of days ago, and I realised something about it for the first time. At the start Sarah flubs her line in the park, then realises it's 7 and she has to race home - it only just occurred to me that her having lost track of time means she's been out there for a while. So did she act out the entire book up until that point, and got basically all the way to the end before she forgot a bit? That's actually kind of impressive.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:54 am 
3. Flaming O

Catching up with my twitter feeds and this came up:

Still doing the work.

PS: What is up with Australia and the postal plebiscite insanity? I didn't think I would see an anti-gay campaign more vicious than the one here in the US.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:59 am 
3. Flaming O

Artemis wrote:
I can't imagine which other thread this might belong in, so: Labyrinth (one of my all-time favourites) was on tv a couple of days ago, and I realised something about it for the first time. At the start Sarah flubs her line in the park, then realises it's 7 and she has to race home - it only just occurred to me that her having lost track of time means she's been out there for a while. So did she act out the entire book up until that point, and got basically all the way to the end before she forgot a bit? That's actually kind of impressive.

It is impressive. Many actors do it all the time. Sometimes they end up memorising the whole script from running it so many times. Always useful if someone flubs and they need to improvise to get the scene back on track.

I know folks who have entire plays by Shakes. memorised. As in more than one. WTF!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:21 pm 
18. Breast Gal

It took me until I think the first year of university before I had Labyrinth completely memorised, songs and all. Couldn't do it nowadays (although now I'm curious how far I'd get... I'll get back to you on that).

thespian_phryne wrote:
PS: What is up with Australia and the postal plebiscite insanity?

Ugh, yeah, it's exactly as equal-parts-stupid-and-awful as it sounds. There was a (quite small) 'protest' last weekend in support of the No vote (as in, no we shouldn't have same-sex marriage) that dubbed itself 'straight lives matter', which just... I mean, where do you even begin?

But at the end of all of it, we'll have spent a hundred-something-million to carry out a survey which'll have no actual weight on what Canberra decides to do about it (not that it's a reliable indicator of popular opinion anyway the way it's being conducted), so... ugh.

Still, there are a lot of 'yes' signs around, and rainbow flags and chalk messages on the pavement and so on, grassroots stuff rather than the organised campaign doing the work, so that's something.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:40 pm 
3. Flaming O

Artemis wrote:
It took me until I think the first year of university before I had Labyrinth completely memorised, songs and all. Couldn't do it nowadays (although now I'm curious how far I'd get... I'll get back to you on that).

Just watch it about 20 times in 2 weeks. You'll have the whole thing memorised right quick. I mean it's 20 years later and I still know the the entirety of Aliens by heart.

Quote:
Ugh, yeah, it's exactly as equal-parts-stupid-and-awful as it sounds.

Seriously, the walls of all my Oz friends on FB? Some of the strange invective from their less urban circles is erk! It was hilarious to see Abbott get nutted by the drunk DJ, though. Of course he would try to make it about the plebiscite.

Quote:
There was a (quite small) 'protest' last weekend in support of the No vote (as in, no we shouldn't have same-sex marriage) that dubbed itself 'straight lives matter', which just... I mean, where do you even begin?

:facepalm I saw that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:33 pm 
18. Breast Gal

thespian_phryne wrote:
Just watch it about 20 times in 2 weeks. You'll have the whole thing memorised right quick. I mean it's 20 years later and I still know the the entirety of Aliens by heart.

We have very similar taste in movies, that's the other one I memorised - the extended cut, taped off tv when it first aired. Fun fact, I once did a kind of writing exercise (I can't even remember where the idea came from) of explaining the story in full detail to Xena and Gabby. There was a season one (I think) episode where some king had a magic crystal ball or something that I recall was handy in explaining what a security camera was. From memory Xena quite liked Hudson's arc of falling apart midway through but then going all crazy fearless during the final fight; Gabrielle was suspicious of Bishop the whole time.

Quote:
It was hilarious to see Abbott get nutted by the drunk DJ, though.

I admit I laughed out loud at his explanation - no telling if he'd ever get another chance to headbutt Tony Abbott, so carpe diem. Being honest with myself, if I was face to face with Abbott, I probably still wouldn't, but it wouldn't be so much 'violence is wrong' as 'I don't know how to headbutt someone without hurting myself'.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:38 pm 
3. Flaming O

Artemis wrote:
What do you know, something on my to-do list got to-done. I know, doesn't make grammatical sense. It's slightly (several hours) past midnight, but that's still close enough to October 1 to mark the birthday of Lady Dame Honor Stephanie Alexander-Harrington, PMV, SG, GCR, MC, SC, OG, DSO, CGM, Steadholder Harrington, Duchess Harrington, Countess White Haven - or just Honor Harrington, if you want to fit it on the cover of a book. I'm quite fond of the Honorverse novels, even if they do tend to infodump alarmingly (I can hardly complain).

Heheh. Wow, undue credit. I mean, if there's no Tara figurine for Willow and no Jessica Drew for Carol Danvers, the least you can do is cross the universes over so that they're not alone. Maybe next Halloween, or even this one, Willow can be inspired by the Hero theme and dress up as Spider-Woman.

Also, Honor Harrington? What's Up Women in Spaaace!

I was fkn obsessed like a teenaged boy* with the Honorverse books. Right until Weber turned her into a simpering wimp over Hamish Alexander. And then I was all, 'Gross...!'

*Despite the 6 page long battle sequences that're basically, We can't brake in time so we're going to crash; let's shoot everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:17 am 
18. Breast Gal

You declared it legit, that helped :) It might not line up with their alter egos so much, but when I imagine Willow doing superhero cosplay, I keep thinking she'd be an adorable Squirrel Girl. Miss Kitty could wear a squirrel tail and be her sidekick. I do want to do something for Halloween, so maybe - no proper plans at the moment, I haven't even decided if I want it to be funny or scary or what.

Agreed about Honor and romance, I kind of skim over that until she gets back on a bridge. Although (I can't remember why) my mental image of White Haven is Bond-era Roger Moore, and that does make him more tolerable. (Also, Sean Bean as Terekhov.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183  Next