The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: "She's Got A Way" - Updated 11/11/08
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:02 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hey Foo,

Just wanted to chime in with a 'great update and please keep'em coming'! This is an awesome story and I've listened to all the songs...it's a cool effect and I'm thinking I'll make a cd :)

Cheers, Shiraz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:31 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
I love the innocence of the s4 fics. Very fun and cute to read. But right now there's all this angst and I don't like that. Not that it's not well written. That part is quite good but it's hard to read. I'm looking forward to more.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:19 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Hey Foo!!

Just letting you know that I've read the whole fic and I think awesome. Loveing the songs, the mood and the great W/T chemistry....

I wish you would continue!!!

:pray

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:01 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Just caught up with this fic. I'm totally addicted! Hoping we don't have to wait long for an update!!! :pray

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:16 pm 
5. Willowhand

update?

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

False Euphoria ~~~ Eternity Again

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:30 am 
2. Floating Rose

Please, please, update? :pray
You can't just leave us here all broken-hearted!! :sob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:21 am 
4. Extra Flamey

you plugged it, maybe an update is in order:) so like the vibe....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:51 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
Sami & Anne: Thanks for still following along. I wish updates would come to me sooner than, what, every two years or so? :)

Rach-face:As always, thanks for the mucho encouragement. I can always count on ya! The second sentence you quoted is probably my most favorite, so thanks for noticing. :)

jay/wt4evr: Thanks!

Rosie: I love hearing from people who've been with the story from the very beginning. It's been five long years, and though I can't promise steady updates, this fic is always in the back of my mind.

DaddyCat: How did Donna find out about the family secret? I think the possibility of being with Willow has definitely dredged up a lot of Tara's past, and through her subconscious they all collide, mainly Donna and her family. They represent her insecurities, and in her dream, Donna might as well already know about the demon. Thanks for reading!

PtS: Don't see you 'round these parts so much anymore. :( I'm glad you're enjoying the musical aspect of the fic. I always worry if people understand the atmosphere I'm trying to create. I'm happy it's working for you.

Nenyath:Yay! I went ahead and changed all the links to Youtube links since imeem was acting all wonky. Again, so glad you're digging the music and that you find it fits the story.

shiraz: A CD? Heh, I like the idea of a "She's Got A Way" soundtrack . . . thanks for reading!

JustSkipIt: I had to do a double take when I saw your feedback. Then I freaked out a little, cause I so love re-reading "School Days" and "Waiting for Dani," and here you are, reading SGAW and leaving feedback no less. Thanks for checking it out!

lwordemort2, TinyWillow, Ambergoddess, ShesaGodess, edob: Update to follow, *waves hands and Presto! Should be the very next post. Enjoy.

Kisses and Gay Love
"I like my buttons, curvy." - Willow, Neverland, by Easiersaid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:20 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
It's been about 2 years, yeah? Time for that update!

Author: Foomatic

Title: She's Got A Way

Summary: Um.

Disclaimer: Don't own anything but the shirt off my back

Hmmm . . . a story with musical interludes that help convey the emotions and turmoil of the main characters through popular music . . . yep, I'm totally suing 'Glee' for stealing my idea. LOL.

Thanks to Rach, for the extra set of eyes. If you see any typos or grammatical errors, it's all her fault. :)

SHE’S GOT A WAY

Part IX: Hiding My Heart

There were very few things Willow Rosenberg didn’t understand. PC users, for one. Everyone knows Macs are far superior, why bother with anything else?

Trump’s comb over, for two. Really Donald? Really?

Of course, these things were inconsequential truths that didn’t need to be understood. Tara, however, was another matter entirely.

The sting from their last conversation had subsided very little in the past few days. It was a miracle she managed to get anything done. The studious part of Willow’s brain was on auto-pilot: term papers were written, chapters were read, notes were rewritten neatly with different colored pens - all of which were processing in the background as Willow replayed that night in Tara’s room, trying to understand.

She shivered from a gust of cold night air, and closed the window before returning to her bed. Remnants of the tinkerbell spell lingered, a slight tingling sensation that Willow had always enjoyed whenever she cast, but now, alone in her dorm, it only reminded her of Tara.

I’m not who you think I am . . .

“Then who do I think you are?” Willow whispered to the empty room. She opened her mental notebook, and jotted down the obvious. A student. A witch. Someone who likes girls. Someone I can’t stop thinking about. Someone who I feel I can tell anything and everything.

That last sentence triggered something in her brain. Whatever it was that was bothering Tara that night, she felt she couldn’t tell Willow. She doesn’t trust me? Willow had been an open book, always willing to share secrets and little tidbits of her life. There was nothing Tara could ask her that she wouldn’t answer. Judging from that night, the feeling wasn’t mutual. And Willow had just stood there, saying nothing, before walking out in defeat.

Stupid. I should have said something. Anything.

She chewed her lip, deep in thought, before donning her resolve face. Willow took a cleansing breath and relaxed her body.

Tara watched the tinkerbell light with a strange mixture of sadness and delight. It was a small comfort to know that Willow still thought of her, despite the disaster that was a few nights ago. In the days that followed, she had repeatedly questioned her actions. Had she done the right thing? Her head would give a resounding ‘yes’, but it did little to dampen the aching ‘no’ in her heart.

[Cue music: Hiding My Heart by Brandi Carlile]

The tinkerbell light slowly faded, and Tara was once again alone in her room. The emptiness was stifling: no shy giggles, no scent of magic in the air. Tara filled the silence with a heavy sigh, and closed her eyes.

TARA:

So this is how the story went
I met someone by accident
That blew me away
That blew me away

It was in the darkest of my days
When you took my sorrow and you took my pain
And buried them away, you buried them away

I wish I could lay down beside you
When the day is done
And wake up to your face against the morning sun
But like everything I've ever known
You'll disappear one day
So I'll spend my whole life hiding my heart away

(Tara rolls off her bed, and gathers her shower kit and bathrobe before opening the door and stepping out into the hallway. She slowly walks down the hall, dodging the many residents of her dorm as they enter and exit their rooms, happy expressions contrasting the sadness on her face.)

You dropped me off at the train station
Put a kiss on top of my head
You watched me wave
Watched me wave
Then you went on home to your skyscrapers
Neon lights and waiting papers
That you call home
You call it home

(She opens the women's bathroom and finds it empty)

When the day is done
You'll disappear one day

(Tara disrobes, and organizes her things before finally stepping into the shower. She leans into the steady stream of water, resting her forehead on the blue tile of the shower.)

I woke up feeling heavy hearted
I'm going back to where I started
The morning rain
The morning rain
And although I wish that you were near
That same old road that brought me here
Is calling me home
Is calling me home

When the day is done
You'll disappear one day
And I could spend my whole life hiding my heart away

Her muscles loosened under the soft cascade of running water, and Tara welcomed her body’s relaxation. Determined to wash away her loneliness, she grabbed her bottle of shampoo and savored its jasmine sent before squeezing a small amount into her palm.

Tara?

The sound of her name startled her so much she dropped her bottle of shampoo. Wide-eyed, she peeled back the shower curtain and peered into the bathroom.

“Hello?” she called tentatively. The only response was the sound of her voice echoing through the empty stalls.

Tara? said the voice again. This time it distinctly came from . . . Inside my head? She tensed.

Tara, it’s Willow. I-I’m sorry to . . .

Willow?! Tara’s eyes shot up.

H-hi, was the nervous reply. I hope . . . I hope I didn’t scare you or anything.

The sound of Willow’s voice filled her with warm fuzzies, but the moment was fleeting. She knew, despite her best efforts, she couldn’t avoid Willow Rosenberg forever.

You s-startled me a bit, but that’s okay. I don’t think there’s a real subtle way to start a mental conversation with someone.

I’m sorry, Tara. I just . . . I tried calling, you know and . . . I’ve developed a fairly intimate relationship with your answering machine, seeing that in the last few days I’ve spent more time talking to it than to you. Which is understandable, because you wanted space . . . but this is Sunnydale remember? I wanted to make sure you weren't getting your vamp on in a dark alley somewhere.

Tara surpressed a small smile. She had a point.

I’m okay, Willow. No unexplained neck injuries, no aversion to sunlight. And still a stout vegetarian, she joked half-heartedly. She paused before adding softly, I’m sorry I made you worry.

The blonde immediately felt guilty at having given Willow the cold shoulder. She wondered if keeping her distance had been worth it; she wasn't any less miserable than she was before. In fact, she felt much, much worse. Willow's voice was a reminder of what she had given up, and the pain of it stung her like salt on an open wound.

I miss you. The redhead's words were faint but earnest, and Tara felt a tiny flicker of hope in her chest. Is it okay to say that? Willow asked gently.

Tara turned off the water and once again placed her head on the cool tile, letting the steam gather around her as she collected herself.

It never gets easy, does it?

What?

Life,
Tara sighed. She absentmindedly dragged a finger down the worn grout lines of the shower, feeling its rough texture rub against her skin. You think you got it all figured out, only to find you really didn't have a clue to begin with. Running away had always been her solution. First from Donna, then her family. All that running had kept her safe. All that running had led to Willow, and now she was running from her too. When was it going to end?

When I was in third grade, I was a walking spitball target. My mom never understood why I always came home with bits of paper in my hair.

Tara crinkled her eyebrows. What?

I remember my clothes getting stolen from my gym locker while I was in the shower once. If that wasn't damaging enough, imagine your underwear decorating the school mascot, Willow chuckled sadly. I was ridiculed every which way and then some for as long as I could remember. But you know what made it okay though? Xander. When it got too much, when I started to believe that I deserved the way people treated me, Xander always pulled me back. "They're the poopieheads," he'd say. "They're the ones with the problems and the issues. Not you. If they can't see how special you are, then they aren't worth your time." The redhead paused. Tara wondered where this was all going. Xander always accepted me for who I was. All I needed was a really good friend to realize that I was worth something, and that it didn't matter what other people thought of me. And you know, for a long time it was just Xander, but then Buffy came along and Giles, and heck, even Cordelia came around.

Tara listened, and reflected on her own past. First there was Donna, who had ultimately shunned her, and her mother, who she lost just weeks later. Not a great track record. But there was Willow, and even with the good that came from their relationship, she had pushed her away.

Guess you and I are more alike than I thought, Tara offered. Except I didn't have the benefit of having a Xander back in the day.

You could have a Willow, if you wanted, was the soft reply. Tara bit her lip and for once did not fight the glimmer of hope rising in her chest. I care about you, Tara. A lot even. I get that you're going through something right now and you can't tell me. I won't ask, I won't pry . . . but whatever it is . . . I want to be here for you, okay? When you're . . . ready.

The sincerity in Willow's voice flooded Tara's senses, and she let the feeling wash over her.

I know that our relationship is changing, Willow continued slowly. I can feel it, I can feel you - in everything. And it scares me.

Tara held her breath.

I'm excited, confused, and maybe a little freaked out, but . . . the red head paused.

Tara stood absolutely still, hanging on Willow's every word, until the silence was unbearable.

But? The blonde's voice was barely a whisper.

The only time it all makes sense is when I'm with you. Whatever uncertainty I have, or anxiety . . . when you walk through that door, you . . . it goes away, and everything feels right.

Tara stood silent in the shower stall feeling Willow's last words reverberate through her body like the vibrato of a finely tuned violin. Images flashed through her mind: green eyes, inviting lips, warm embraces . . .

And you haven't walked through that door in a long, long time.

Could she do it? Could she open that door and embrace the endless possibilities of Willow Rosenberg?

I think about Oz, how he left and I didn't do anything to stop him, Willow continued. I just stood there and let him walk away from me. I don't want that to happen with you. You want space, but . . . I couldn't let you go without . . . without you knowing.

"Oz." Tara's voice once again filled the empty bathroom. Something had clicked in her brain. "Oz . . ." she whispered to herself, "was a werewolf." A demon. And Willow had loved him just the same. She had accepted him for who he was, and loved him just the same. The revelation stunned her.

Willow?

Yeah?

I'm scared too.

We can be scared together then? You know, in some dimensions two scared people make one really brave one.

Tara laughed out loud, and felt the tension escape her body.

So if you still want space, I understand. I . . . I just wanted you to have the full story.

No, no . . . I think you pretty much clarified things for me.
Tara's lips curled up in a smile. "Oz was a werewolf," she whispered again.

Really? Willow paused. Cause I'm kinda, sorta . . . standing outside your dorm room.

Kisses and Gay Love
"I like my buttons, curvy." - Willow, Neverland, by Easiersaid

Last edited by Foomatic on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: "She's Got A Way" - Updated 12/22/10
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:46 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... Good that Tara started to listen to Willow again... I kinda hope that Tara would be strong enough to tell Willow everything now that she knows that Oz was a werewolf and Willow didn't mind that...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:20 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Foo...oh my god...I had no idea. No idea at all, that you were so brilliant. This is such a beautiful fic! I've had to literally cover my mouth to hold in laughter, and I've had to wipe away tears. The wonderful vision you've created here, I'm just floored. Please, please, don't wait two years, or even two weeks, to update this fic again. This is amazing.

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:03 pm 

Wow.... I love your take on the between the scenes of season 4. You write both Willow and Tara 2 perfection. I'm so happy you decide to continue this story :party !

Last edited by Grimm on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:05 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Holy Moly! I've read a ton of S4 "between the lines" fics and this one is by far the most sincere, amazing and poignant one that I've had the pleasure of reading.

I read it straight through and it is so touching and sweet. I LOVED the scene with Willow under the influence of "Love Potion #9." Her impromptu performance was superbly written and funny as hell! I could totally picture the entire performance unfolding in front of me.

Your interpretation of both Willow and Tara are spot on. I really like that you're exploring Tara's inner dialog in regards to her impending demonic transformation. This is something that I always thought they could have explored more in the show. I mean, from Hush to Family, at least a year had passed and only once was there a hint that something was wrong and that was so early on that I completely forgot about it until I re-watched the episode AFTER seeing Family. They could have done so much more with it, so I'm glad that it's a central theme here.

I do love this fic and I certainly hope that you update more frequently!!!

Happy Holidays!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:54 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hi Foomatic,

Great to see an update from you.

I like the way you are showing Tara's thinking. It makes sense that she would have struggled for some time before deciding to go with denial about her 'demon' potential.

I hope you keep on with the story, I'd like to read more.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:28 am 
2. Floating Rose

I really hope you continue to update and finish this story. This is one of the best season 4 fill ins I've read. :peace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:13 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Foo!

Please tell me there won't be another two years wait before you update this story again? Please?

You are doing wonderful things here, that are sweet and charming interludes to fill in the gaps.

So please, I'll break out the pom-pom's, I'll even try writing cheers - tell me what encouragement you want, and I'll keep putting it up here!

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:41 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 4
Oh yay! I'm terribly remiss for posting so late, but I'm very glad you posted it.

And see? The masses agree with me! A perfect update with just enough communication to alleviate some of the growing tension. Without speaking bluntly about the issues at hand, Willow and Tara managed to find a middle ground of sorts in which to speak. And if there's one thing we've learned from W/T Season 4 fics, its that lack of communication often leads to a total and complete breakdown. And never in the good way.

Good on Willow to push a little bit and yay on Tara for giving in a smidge.

And biggest yay of all for using Brandi Carlile as a soundtrack song. She could sing me to heaven and back, she's that damn good.

:) proud of you, Sensei!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:59 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I just read this and...OHG. Amazing, perefect even, doesn't do it justice. But one tiny thing...I WANT MORE.
By far the best S4 I've ever read...and I've read a lot.
And the songs...great choice.
I really, really can't wait for more...I'm slapping my head just for not reading it sooner! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:29 am 

Topics: 10
You know, when I first posted 'Queen of Hearts,' I knew that the whole "between the lines" idea had been done before. I knew it would be done again later.

Today I found this. It was the first time I threw my hands in the air and said to myself "why do I bother?"

Okay, then I told myself to stop being so damn dramatic, but still. Wow.

For example:
Quote:
I miss you . . . Is it okay to say that?

It just hurts to read, in that 'craftily-written' way.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:57 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Oh Foo! I love this! I mean I really love every bit of it. Please keep it coming. I mean, it would be very cruel to leave Willow standing in the hallway too long. lol

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:58 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Super-excited to see an update, but you can't just leave it on a cliffhanger like that. We need to know what happens next. What will Willow's reaction be when she realizes that she has been talking to Tara while she is in the shower? Is she going to join her? These are important questions that we need answers too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:33 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Ok, you may not even be thinking about this story anymore but I'm throwing my request in for an update! I definitely agree that we can't be left at such a cliffhanger and there are very important questions that need to be answered. Update please? :aww

~Leo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:02 pm 
9. Gay Now

Add me to the list of people who want an update! :bounce

This is really special, and though we know how that it ends in Willow & Tara snuggly goodness, i still want to see it happen, so to speak. :sigh

I am really enjoying the characterizations, i especially loved the teeny tinkerbell light visiting Tara when she was feeling down, that was so sweet. :kiss1

Oh, hey look, new smilies.

So please please update, 'cos i wanna see how your story ends.

R

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:36 am 
5. Willowhand

*Squeeeeeek*

MORE!

pretty please

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:40 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Poke, poke, prod, prod.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:20 pm 

Thank you to whomever bumped this to the front page. I have been searching for this fick. I thought it was called Love potion #9...lol

I join the chant of 'WE WANT MORE'..... :pray please?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:40 pm 
9. Gay Now

um, Yay?
Was me i think.

and, yeah i think it's awesome too.

R

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:36 pm 

Azirahael wrote:
um, Yay?
Was me i think.

and, yeah i think it's awesome too.

R

Thank you !

Last edited by Grimm on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:58 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 3
I know I'm way, way behind on the bandwagon for being a fan of this fic, but I only just discovered it and therefore only just discovered how much I love it. This story literally has everything, it's funny, sweet, sad, heartwarming. And, good lord, the music! It all fit in so perfectly, the scenes were actually timed to the music perfectly, I didn't know that was possible! It made it feel so much like I was watching a movie, it was like total sensory awesomeness. Not to mention the story itself is a plausible as well as highly, and might I add highly, enjoyable. It would seem it has been...almost two years since the last update. Does that maybe mean we could expect another one of your expertly conceived updates??? :pray :pray :pray In the meantime I'll just have to read this over again. And over. And over....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:03 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Am I allowed to bump this? Because SHE'S STANDING OUTSIDE OF TARA'S ROOM!

:fallen

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next