The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 10TH ANNIVERSARY KITTEN GIVEAWAY FIC CHALLENGE
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:59 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Dibs! Brilliant! Could somebody, please, please, draw me a beautiful and realistic photo of Tara the Gangster helping her moll out of that flapper dress? Please? Please? For me? Great insight into their lives, and the dynamics of power in their relationship, but with all the love and laughter to keep the story feeling fun.

Quote:
They’d been together a long time. Pretty much they’d gotten used to each other by now, but there were one or two things about each other that still grated on the nerves. You just had to put them out of your head and think of the near infinite number of other things that were so much better than ‘alright’ and on one side or the other of ‘wonderful.’

That is love, true and simple.

Thanks so much for the holiday treat!!

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:29 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Holy moly that was brilliant!

Willow in suspenders, even the braces version = yummy ;)

Quote:
“Huh?”

“Xita, the Warrior Princess?”

Willow shook her head sadly. “Oh, Tara. Tara. Tara. Tara. And you presume to call yourself a lesbian?

:rofl Really, Tara, you need to learn up on your subtexual lesbian relationships!!

Quote:
“I’m not sure I missed much

Wrong, again, Tara. Xena is epic.

Great, great Christmas fic! Loved seeing a new one by you, too, your traditional xmas stories were always my favourite and this is just a new one to add to the list of fics I'll be coming back to on the regular!

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:32 am 

Topics: 1
That was brilliant! I was smiling the whole time! I loved seeing all of Tara's thoughts about herself and how she looks and I loved their discussion about who was going to change clothes! I'm glad Tara got her way! I love it!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:59 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hi Katharyn,

Great to see your name here.

I like your Willow and Tara. Their banter has a definite zing to it.

I admire the way you convey a sense of long-standing domesticity with such a light touch.

Some favourite lines:

Quote:
Tara moved over to her lover, picked up the towel and dried her hands for her – Willow was flicking water around the place as she gesticulated

Quote:
All of her life her wife had been worried about what people thought about her. By contrast most of Tara’s life, she’d been worried about being small enough that other people wouldn’t think about her at all.

And ‘Xita the Warrior Princess’ is priceless.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:55 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Katharyn,
Good to see another WIllow and Tara writer who plays it straight, yes, you know what I mean, has written a moving, introspective, and very erotically stirring holiday vignette.
Tara as a gangster and Willow as her moll; yummy imagery indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:27 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Topics: 5
I'm not sure of the etiquette of replying to feedback in a challenge thread but hey... you guys were nice enough to do it so I can certainly thank you for it!

Taralicious - Thanks! Not sure what exactly you mean by 'playing it straight' but I am guessing you mean sticking to the original storyline (at least to the end of S5) I'm also assuming that the costumes were the erotically stirring parts... hmm? Just as a snippet - when I said naught elf it was because I was away from the internet and couldn't remember the name of the outfit linked in the challenge parameters for candy cane stockings LOL

Wayland - T&W banter (especially a few years down the line when Tara is well out of her shell) is truly the easiest thing for me to write. Bar none. Too much practice I think! Love it though, so thanks.

Leonhart - So happy you liked it. Thanks very much

Laragh - I knew someone would have to go there with the suspenders - no matter which version! As a community we're nothing if not predictable! Thanks for the comments about the previous Xmas fics. It's not 'Xmas' but it actually inspired me to post another short that I'd had locked away and never posted.

LonelyTara - I used to draw but not for a long time now. I'd draw that myself!! Imagery-wise, I cheated. Willow we had through Aly in HIMYM episodes so... that's where that came from. At least for the suit. Thanks!

Now I am disappointed that I am not getting more about Xita and the fisting. Was XWP too long ago for people to get the reference? Are you all just shy? Or was it just not funny? An entire fic built around that... LOL :D

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*
-------------------------

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:13 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
I loved the stuff about Xena. As someone who has a moniker that is very close, I have been called that TOO many times. I am glad that Tara persevered, and I have always liked Willow in flapper like dresses.
Great writing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:53 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

"Xita, Warrior Princess" :rofl

My heart and I have wandered aimlessly beneath the Weeping Willows, searching for the sun. - Hayley Westenra, "My heart and I"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:49 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Katharyn,
Quote:
Not sure what exactly you mean by 'playing it straight' but I am guessing you mean sticking to the original storyline (at least to the end of S5

A feeble attempt at humour on my part, Willow and Tara being lesbians and 'straight' being a term for heterosexuals.
I mean a writer who has the ability to write for established characters and manage to make them believable in the parameters which constrain them.
i.e. Willow isn't suddenly a crackhead and Tara isn't walking the streets in a Gypsy peasant costume; they are the same characters we know but placed in alternate scenarios of their lives together.
That's why I'm not good at playing in other people's literary sandboxes, I rely on cheap sexual gags and really bad puns to disguise the fact that I can only create my own characters.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:02 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
Quote:
“No, baby. That’s Xenu. Or maybe that’s Xena too. But anyway, I know it’s certainly not Xita. Xita isn’t the Warrior Princess. Whoever Xita is I sincerely doubt that she catches fish with her bare hands and turns it into subtext for fisting.”

Oh dear Katharyn, lol, you cracked me up. I would never... fish, fisting... nope, that's certainly Xena.

You really showed me something I really wanted to read, I wanted to read something real time with Willow and Tara in a long term relationship and that showed the nature of their relationship and you just nailed it, in addition to nailing the requirements of the challenge.

Quote:
Try as she might she’d not stopped it from happening. And if the shout didn’t come then she knew either that Willow was trying to keep a secret from her or something was wrong.

That's an example of that, knowing someone so well that little things can be a sign of big things, knowing all the domestic ways of someone. Love it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:05 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Topics: 5
I feel bad for replying to feedback in an open challenge thread but... I'm also a feedback whore so live with it. Someone post another fic so I can stop!

taranwillow4ever - Love the name :D Willow and flapper... I seem to dimly recall someone writing that, maybe someone I used to beta for. Not sure, but it's a common enough image. I think actually, when you come down to it, Aly's bodytype just screams 'flapper' in the sort of movie portrayal of it so it's a natural fit. Thanks.

promthea128 - yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks.

taralicious - figured that is what you meant. I just expressed it badly. And yeah, I actually got the humour :) I have a lot of respect for anyone who writes and posts (I miss it!) Especially so for kittens. But somehow I've never been able to get into that whole 'Tara and Willow as someone else entirely' scene. Shame really, I know I am missing a lot of great stories. I've always wanted to read and write them as them... You really shouldn't belittle cheap sexual gags (or expensive ones) and bad puns. I mean, you read this right? LOL Thanks again.

Xita - I already explained my thought process in a PM and I shall not humiliate you by addressing the connection between you and fisting here... :D

It's funny, but I can't write anything else but T/W in this kind of relationship now. I might jump around in the timing from start to waaay down the line, but I need them to have that to enjoy writing them. I'm not one for angst. Like I said above it has to be 'them' and I spent a million words or more putting them together in a fic... Now, I just indulge myself :)

Wish you hadn't quoted that last part though, the whole 'shouting' thing didn't work for me that well... You seemed to get from it what I was trying to show, but it just is my least fave part of the fic but... Cool :)

Thanks so much.

Now please, someone, post another fic! You know you want to!

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*
-------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:15 am 
3. Flaming O

TITLE A Vampire Is Not Just For Christmas

AUTHOR Vivienne

RATING PG-13

DISCLAIMER All BTVS characters and certain other aspects of this story belong to Joss Whedon, Fox, ME and associates.

SUMMARY The gang gather in Sunnydale for Christmas. Tara has more than Christmas on her mind.

SPOILERS AU Sunnydale. Vampires and witches, yes. Demons and Hellmouth, no.

AUTHORS NOTE I’ve been circling anxiously for a while, but found this challenge irresistible. It took just a little prod from Wayland (Clare). Many thanks to her for her patient beta-ing.

FEEDBACK Feel free!

[center]A Vampire Is Not Just For Christmas[/center]

The weather forecast for the Christmas holiday was fifteen degrees and sunny, with the possibility of an occasional rain shower. The day before Christmas Eve the temperature plummeted and the skies darkened. That night it snowed. Heavily. The next morning there was a scramble as the townspeople rummaged through their closets and attics for cold weather clothes from their last ski-ing or camping trip. The pock-pock of logs being hastily chopped and the hum of surprised central heating systems rapidly dominated the morning air.

It shouldn’t have been snowing in this part of California, of course. Strangely, the phenomenon went unreported by the media, but then, this was Sunnydale.......

[center]***[/center]

‘Spike cannot possibly share the basement with Buffy and Angel, I can hardly put Oz’s cage in with either of them and what will Cordelia say when she realises Willow and Tara have the en-suite? What on earth am I going to do?’
Giles rubbed his hand over his brow, took off his glasses and cleaned them, put them back on and rubbed his brow again.

Willow put two bags of groceries down on the kitchen table, picked up the sheet of paper that Giles had been studying and said, ‘Easy. Put Oz’s cage in the garage and let Buffy and Angel have an actual bedroom. We can black out their window. Spike can have the basement.’

‘Yes yes, that’s all very well, but that will mean parking the Citroen on the drive.’

‘No big?’ said Willow.

‘It’s snowing,’ said Giles, looking horrified, ‘and anyway, what about Cordelia?’

But Willow had gone upstairs, leaving Giles to solve the conundrum of how to distribute a very singular group of guests around his new home so they would be at minimum risk of killing one another.

[center]***[/center]

Outside the Bronze it was quiet. The snow lay thickly in the deepening dusk, softening its industrial appearance and muffling the traffic noise. The other-worldly atmosphere was enhanced by the coloured lights Tara had strung around the entrance. Inside the Bronze it was equally peaceful.
Tara stood, hands on hips, and surveyed her handiwork with satisfaction. She and Willow had spent much of yesterday conjuring up the mass of ivy, mistletoe and red-berried holly that, interwoven with tiny lights, now adorned every nook and cranny. It delivered the magic that the entrance promised, Tara realised with pleasure, absent-mindedly patting her inside jacket pocket. Reassured that its contents were still safely in place, she picked up a large poster and went outside, locking the doors behind her.

[center]Christmas Eve
Private Party
XITA AND THE
FOOMATICS
RUPERT GILES
XANDER HARRIS
Entrance by Invitation Only

8:00pm – 8:00am[/center]

Tara secured the poster firmly to the door and framed it with coloured lights. The noise of an engine made her look up to see Xander’s truck pull around the corner. She watched as it parked, smiling at the sight of a large conifer strapped to the back. Xander and Anya jumped out and hugged her cheerily.

‘Fame at last!’ said Xander, spying the poster, ‘Only third billing though? I’m not sure my manly ego will survive the night. I might need extra flattery and attention. A lot of extra flattery and attention.’

‘If your ego gets any bigger we’ll have to widen the shop door,’ said Anya, taking Xander’s arm. ‘Xita? You got Xita and the Foomatics?’ she said, turning to Tara.

‘Willow’s favourite band,’ said Tara. ‘Don’t say anything if you see her before tonight, it’s a surprise.’

‘But how could you....?’ Xander trailed off, embarrassed.

‘Afford to pay a top band to come to Sunnydale on Christmas Eve?’ Tara grinned. ‘I was in school with Xita way back. I got her out of trouble a few times, so she owes me one.’

‘Cost-effective,’ breathed Anya admiringly.

The three of them put the tree up beside the entrance and had it decorated in no time. Before they went their separate ways Tara gave Anya the keys to the Bronze so that she and Xander could bring in the food and open up at seven.

‘I’m going to be on the door,’ said Anya proudly, ‘I will be checking all invitations very thoroughly.’

‘I think we can guarantee the total non-presence of gatecrashers if you’re on the door, my love,’ said Xander.

‘Exactly,’ said Anya.

[center]***[/center]

Willow had a pot of coffee on and was busy cutting sandwiches.

‘Tara will be back any minute and people will be arriving soon,’ said Willow. ‘Have you decided where to put everyone?’

‘Yes,’ said Giles peering anxiously out of the window. ‘I’ll do as you suggested Willow, although what I’m going to say to Cordelia I really don’t know. And I’m most unhappy about leaving the Citroen on the drive in this weather. Look at it, four-thirty and it’s already dark. There must be six inches of snow on the ground and it’s still coming down. It’s like a bloody British winter.’ He looked sharply at Willow. ‘Anyone would think that.....’

Fortunately the doorbell rang. Willow ran to answer it, her guilty blushes hidden from Giles, who was left with only her retreating back to look at.

‘Cordy!’

Giles groaned, adjusted his glasses and followed Willow to the front door.

‘Cordy, it’s so good to see you,’ said Willow, hugging Cordelia enthusiastically. ‘Are Buffy and Angel with you?’

‘They left half an hour after me, but the way Angel drives they should be here any second.’ Cordelia disentangled herself from Willow’s embrace and patted her hair back in place.

‘Cordelia, how lovely,’ said Giles.

‘Hi Giles, you too. Now, is someone going to help me with my luggage or are we going to stand here and freeze? What is it with this weather?

Cordelia was dressed for the weather forecast, that is to say she wasn’t wearing very much. Around her feet were an assortment of flight cases, bags and parcels.

‘Ah yes, I’ll give you a hand with er, all that,’ offered Giles, wondering how on earth Cordelia and her necessities were going to fit in the smallest guest room. He didn’t want to think about her face when she saw it.

‘Hey, guys!’ called a voice from the darkness at the bottom of the drive. They all turned to see Spike appear out of the gloom. He looked tired but was clearly pleased to see old friends.

‘Hey Spike,’ said Willow wrinkling her nose, ‘Ew, hard day’s night?’

‘Drove non-stop from New Orleans and the air-con broke down half-way. It’s a bugger when you can’t roll the windows down during the day. I must say, I wasn’t expecting snow. Nice one Will.’

Giles’s head started to turn to Willow who was making frantic faces at Spike, when a small figure sidled out from behind the folds of Spike’s long, leather coat. A young, very pretty brunette in a mini-dress and candy-cane striped stockings looked balefully at the group on the doorstep.

‘Oh yes, I brought a guest. This is Kajun.’ Giles looked at Spike quizzically.

‘Well, I had to eat on the way here and I didn’t want to stop. Of course now she’s....’

‘A vampire,’ said Giles.

‘Oh Spike,’ said Willow.

‘You could at least have bitten someone wearing Cavallini,’ said Cordelia looking pointedly at Kajun’s legs.

‘Well, you know the rules Spike, I hold you responsible for her behaviour, too.’ Giles sounded very firm.

Spike pulled his invitation out of a coat pocket and waved it.

‘Yes, yes. I know. No biting, no killing, no witchcraft and a truce on all feuds for the duration. Don’t worry, I know the score.’

Kajun looked at Spike, her brown eyes full of horror. She tugged at his coat. He ignored her.

‘Good, you two had better take the basement, in that case.’ Giles scratched his head; coming back to Sunnydale had proved to be a good move, however he was beginning to wonder about the wisdom of buying a four-bedroom house. Honestly, he thought, the whole thing was a logistical nightmare. Now, if he still had his old apartment....

‘Ok, that’s it!’ Cordelia had reached the end of her limited patience. ‘I want coffee, I want a hot bubble bath and I want my room!’

‘Yes, yes, of course. Well you’d better all come in. Come on.’ Giles picked up as much of Cordelia’s luggage as was humanly possible and started up the stairs.

‘Oh Cordy, I have a huge pot of coffee on in the kitchen,’ said Willow appeasingly, ‘a-and sandwiches.’

Slightly mollified, Cordelia followed Willow inside with Spike and Kajun, who was still tugging insistently at Spike’s coat.

[center]***[/center]

Tara drove carefully back to Giles’s. People were out in their driveways with shovels, children were happily pelting each other with snowballs, but the snow was piling up in drifts at the roadside faster than they could build snowmen. Tara reminded herself that they mustn’t overdo it. She made a mental note to take Willow aside and turn off the snow as soon as she got back.

Willow. Tara reached for the object in her pocket with an overwhelming surge of love that made the car heater quite unnecessary. It was still tucked deep inside her jacket. Relief was quickly replaced by self-doubt. What if...? No. She recalled the phone conversation she’d had with Buffy the day before. She loves you, Buffy had told her, and you know she loves you. Tara dragged her hand back to the steering wheel. Willow loves you; she repeated firmly to herself, she loves you.

Her heart was still intent on making mischief however, for she found her thoughts turning to Oz. It was right that he should be included in the gathering but Tara could have done without him in the mix tonight. She liked Oz, liked him a lot. What he’d done, giving up the girl he loved to keep her safe, was wholly admirable in Tara’s book. If Willow hadn’t been the girl in question she’d be looking forward to seeing Oz again. But what if, what if...? No, no, no. Tara shook her head to dispel all traces of negativity and, as she parked behind Spike’s blacked out Lexus, an anticipatory smile lit up her face.

A second car with darkened windows pulled up just as Tara rang Giles’s doorbell.

‘Hey, Tara!’ Buffy ran up the drive with Angel close behind her. ‘Everything ok?’

Knowing exactly what Buffy meant, Tara patted her pocket conspiratorially.

‘It will be later, um, tonight I mean, at the Bronze, well outside maybe,’ she said, thinking of the bunch of mistletoe she had placed strategically on a bough while they were decorating the tree earlier.

‘Amazing. So if you need any help, you know, people kept out of your way, the sudden appearance of champagne, fireworks and cheerleaders, I’m your woman.’

Tara laughed, ‘The first thing I need to do is get Willow and go stop the white stuff falling before we get snowed in.’

‘I thought that might be you two,’ said Angel with a slow smile. ‘Does Giles know?’

‘Oh no. Hush now, it’s against the Christmas rules,’ Tara said as she heard footsteps coming down the stairs within.

[center]***[/center]

‘Ah, is that the Slayer’s voice I hear?’ said Spike, quickly running a comb through his hair.

‘S-slayer?’ Kajun looked as if she were about to die for a second time.

‘Aw, don’t worry sweetheart, rules is rules.’

‘Unless of course you break them and then I’ll just have to ash you,’ said Buffy cheerfully. ‘Hey all!’

‘But I’m so hungry,’ said Kajun sulkily as everyone hugged everyone else.

‘No problem. Look, we have our own supplies.’ Spike opened the door of a second, smaller fridge in a corner of the kitchen. Reaching inside he took out a bag of blood.

‘Giles, you remembered!’ He waved the blood at Kajun, ‘A-positive, my favourite.’

‘We aim to please,’ said Giles, blushing modestly.

‘Ew,’ said Cordelia, draining her coffee, ‘I’m going up to unpack, enjoy your Christmas menu planning.’

Giles looked pleadingly at Willow, but Tara was whispering in her ear on the pretence of a little nuzzle. As a pre-tantrum wail erupting from the smallest bedroom distracted everyone, the girls took the opportunity to slip unnoticed into the peace of Giles’s study.

‘Oh God, I can’t bear it,’ said Giles, trying to make himself heard above the expletive-punctuated crashes and thumps from above his head. ‘This whole thing is threatening to unravel. Buffy, do something.’

‘Giles don’t worry,’ said Buffy through a mouthful of sandwich. ‘You know Cordy. Once she’s pampered and draped in designer she’ll be sweet.’

‘Have some tea,’ offered Spike, pouring a cup of Earl Grey and handing it to Giles.

‘Oh, what a good idea. Just the thing, yes. Thank you Spike.’

‘So what are you planning on singing tonight?’ Angel asked.

‘Well,’ said Giles, relaxing more with every sip of tea, ‘I thought I’d give them ‘Behind Blue Eyes’ followed by...oh I say, look,’ he peered out the window, ‘I do believe it’s stopped snowing.’

‘Cool,’ said Tara, re-entering the kitchen with Willow.

‘Bloody freezing, actually,’ said Giles, eyeing the girls with suspicion. ‘Never mind. I think I’ll get the car out of the garage and put Oz’s cage up. I wouldn’t mind a hand,’ he said, looking at Angel and Spike.

‘Sure,’ said Angel, ‘why don’t you move the car. Spike and I can do the rest.’

‘Of course,’ said Giles, remembering the speed and strength of vampires.

‘Won’t be long, sweetheart.’ Spike ruffled Kajun’s hair. ‘Then I’ll give you a guided tour of the basement,’ he said, leering at her as he went out.

Kajun snarled under her breath and fell into an even deeper sulk.

Buffy made a face and said, ‘Think I’ll go see if Cordelia’s finished with the bathroom.’

[center]***[/center]

Tara studied Willow’s face for signs of a reaction to Oz’s name. To her relief there were none. Chiding herself for doubting Willow, she poured them some fresh coffee.

‘Mmm, great,’ said Willow, winking at Tara, ‘that was thirsty work.’

I’m such an idiot, Tara thought. She smiled back at Willow, losing herself for a moment in the fall of red hair and the sparkle of green eyes. The chime of the doorbell brought her back to her surroundings. She started, spilling hot coffee onto Willow’s arm.

‘Oh my God, oh my God!’ Tara was beside herself.

‘It’s ok, really, it’s nothing,’ said Willow, going to the sink and running cold water over her arm. ‘Kajun, would you get the door?’

Kajun huffed, but stomped off anyway. Tara went to the fridge, returning with a cube of butter.

‘Here, let me rub this on it. It’s better than cold water, takes the sting right out. I’m so sorry Will.’ Tara gently smeared the butter over the scald.

‘Hey, it’s ok. Not so much butter, though. I don’t want it all over my party frock.’

‘Well, let it be for a while, and then,’ she looked up at Willow through her lashes, ‘I’ll lick it off before you change your clothes. Like a cat.’

‘Miaow!’ They giggled.

Kajun came in saying to the new arrival, ‘..so I didn’t get there. I woke up in the back of Spike’s car, and here I am.’

Oz shook the last of the snow off him and strode into the kitchen. Tara’s senses were sharpened to their peak, but they detected nothing more than friendly affection in the exchange of hugs and greetings that followed. Maybe, just maybe, tonight was going to turn out well. Better than well. Yet again she patted the lump that was starting to burn a hole in her pocket. She sighed a little and rejoined the conversation. Willow was telling Oz what Spike and Angel were doing.

‘Great, I’ll go help them. The moon isn’t full yet, that gives me tonight and tomorrow – that’s cool.’

‘We can always order up some more snow for cloud cover if you want extra time, but don’t tell Giles,’ said Tara.

‘Hey, thanks,’ said Oz, and headed out to the garage.

‘He’s a werewolf?’ Tara and Willow turned to Kajun. ‘A freakin’ werewolf?

‘Um, yes,’ said Willow, ‘problem?’

‘Problem? PROBLEM???’ Kajun tossed her mane of mahogany curls and stamped her tiny foot. ‘I’m in New Orleans on my way to a perfectly good movie, minding my own business, when I get bitten by a vampire. Ok so it’s New Orleans, it was careless of me, but he could have left me at home. Instead of which I end up in California with more vampires; the Slayer AND her Watcher, for Chrissake, a couple of witches, a werewolf and a-a fashion victim. On top of that, I’m expected to drink cold blood and sleep in a basement with Mr Sleaze!’ She folded her arms and looked close to tears.

‘Oh,’ said Willow.

‘Oh,’ said Tara.

‘Spike’s not so bad when you get to know him,’ said Willow gently.

‘He will look after you, really he will,’ said Tara.

‘BUT I’M GAY!!!’ Kajun finally dissolved into loud sobbing. The girls looked at each other and rushed over to comfort the cold little body.

Cordelia came in smiling, her good humour thoroughly restored. She was wearing a bathrobe. A towel covered her rollered hair.

‘Any more coffee? Oh,’ she paused at the tragic little scene in front of her.

‘She’s gay and she’s stuck with Spike,’ Willow looked anxiously at Cordelia.

‘Ew, poor thing...and those stockings,’ she murmured.

Tara took Kajun’s hand. ‘Look, Kajun. Come to the Bronze with us. You aren’t the only gay vamp in Sunnydale tonight. You don’t have to be with Spike.’

Kajun sniffed, ‘Really?’

‘Really. And we’ll find you something to wear.’

‘I’ll find you something to wear,’ said Cordelia kindly, but firmly. ‘Come upstairs with me.’

Kajun’s face broke into a smile and she followed Cordelia out of the kitchen with a look close to adoration.

Buffy’s face appeared around the kitchen door. ‘Hey, I just passed Cordy on the stairs. Am I dreaming or has she just made friends with a vampire?’

The girls had started to explain when all the men – well, vampires, Watcher and werewolf – came back from their chores.

‘Where did Kajun get to?’ said Spike, looking around.

‘Sorry Spike, you lucked out,’ said Tara.

‘She’s playing for the girls team,’ said Willow, chuckling.

‘In fact, I think she’s falling for Cordy.’ Tara twisted the knife.

Buffy laughed, ‘That’ll teach you to check before you bite.’

‘Oh great, bloody marvellous,’ Spike kicked a chair, ‘there goes my Christmas squeeze. What the sodding hell am I going to do now?’ He looked at Buffy, softening his voice seductively, ‘I don’t suppose you....?’

Buffy folded her arms and raised one eyebrow. Angel loomed over her. He raised the other.

‘Just a thought,’ said Spike hastily.

‘Best unthink it,’ said Angel, very quietly.

Spike raised both hands in surrender, ‘Unthunked.’

‘And on that note,’ said Giles, looking at his watch, ‘I think we need to go and get ready.’

[center]***[/center]

Tara stood in front of the cheval mirror anxiously examining her profile. A black silk gown fell in soft tulip-petal waves to her ankles. Cut low at the front and even lower at the back - right to the nipped-in waist - it showed her delightful curves to perfection. She frowned at her hair, still unsure whether to wear it up or down. In the end she settled for up, securing it with a silver comb set with marcasite. She turned to face the mirror full on, tilting her head, smiling at her reflection. For once, Tara actually thought she looked ok. The thought helped to distract her from thinking about what she was planning on doing later that evening. What happened next was, predictably, a much bigger distraction. Willow came in from the bathroom.

Tara caught her breath. Willow had brushed her hair into a shining red waterfall. She had also chosen to wear a dress. Hers ended a good six inches above her knees and was cut from deep green leather so fine and soft that it moved as one with her body. On her feet were matching spider-web stilettos - not that Tara had got that far. She was entranced by the concealed zipper that ran diagonally from the left shoulder of Willow’s dress, across her breasts, around her waist and down, ending on the back hem. Tara thought how very much she wanted to take that zipper in her hand and pull it slowly all the way down until the dress fell in two halves on the floor.

‘Wow,’ she breathed.

‘Wow yourself,’ Willow smiled, advancing toward her.

‘No, you’re the big wow,’ said Tara, taking both Willow’s hands in her own. ‘In fact, on a wow scale of one to ten I’d give Willow, tree, th-th – two hundred and fifty two.’

Willow laughed, ‘Why two hundred and fifty-two?’

‘Apparently I can’t say ‘three’.’

‘Sounds like a good number to me.’

‘Me too.’

They moved closer.

Giles’s voice sailed up over the stairs. ‘Come on you two! We’re all ready to leave!’

‘Uh-oh, better move,’ Willow broke away and picked up her purse, throwing a sea-green faux-fur wrap over her shoulders.

Tara slipped on a black, panné velvet bolero jacket, retrieved her purse from the dresser and followed Willow downstairs.

As the friends exchanged compliments and decided who was going in which vehicle, Tara’s thoughts went ahead of her to the mistletoe on the tree outside the Bronze. Automatically, she felt her pocket. Nothing. For a moment she felt sick. Of course, it was still in her other jacket. She took a deep breath to steady herself, and then headed back upstairs.

‘What’s the matter?’ Willow called.

‘Forgot my lipstick,’ Tara threw over her shoulder, ‘I won’t be a moment.’

‘Girls,’ said Giles with a sigh, checking his watch again, ‘Now, has everyone got their invitations? You know Anya.’

‘You can be my guest,’ Cordelia said to Kajun who looked transformed in silver knit, long boots and no candy-cane. Kajun smirked at Spike, who affected not to notice.

‘I’ll go warm up my engine while you wait for Tara,’ he said to Willow.

‘The rest of us might as well get going, then,’ said Angel.

‘I’ll lock the door,’ offered Willow.

[center] ***[/center]

Tara brought the little box out and held it to her breast for a moment before taking it over to the lamp on the dresser. Carefully, she opened it. The soft light revealed a Victorian engagement ring nestling on a velvet cushion. Small glowing rubies in a double circle surrounded a clear, serene emerald. She took it out and studied the inside of the heavy gold band. The inscription she had agonised over for weeks read simply, ‘Willow & Tara’. Reverently, she put it back in the box, put the box in the inside - the only - pocket of the bolero and pulled over the tiny zipper. Tonight, she thought, tonight might just be the best night of my life. As she went down the stairs she saw Willow’s beautiful, upturned face waiting for her and that was the moment when Tara knew it was going to be true.

[center] THE END[/center]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:35 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Aww, that was great!!

Family scooby-age! :D

Thought it was cute that Tara would worry about Oz. Of course, she has nothing to worry about, but the insecurity was still there!

Loved the ending, Tara going to propose and the last line was just too sweet.

And I :rofl at Kajun's big announcement that she was gay. Tough break being stuck with Spike. Maybe they can cruise for chicks together? :p

Thanks for posting, this warmed my heard and made my day!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:32 am 

aww, that was cute! I love everyone was spending the holidays together! I laughed at Spike's little mix up :P Very sweet story!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:09 pm 

That was sweet. I wonder if you'd consider expanding this into a fic past the contest? I'd love to see the proposal and the events that come after.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:12 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
I second the awww. That was cute. I liked the gay vamp.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:38 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Vivienne,
Another entry in the column labelled "salacious but practical uses for the cube of butter."
Using it to soothe the scalding of WIllow's delicate flesh and then the vision of Tara snaking her tongue out and licking it off that soft freckled flesh.
Well done for incorporating the entire cast of characters and for keeping it real, as the kids of five minutes ago are so fond of saying.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:12 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
TITLE: The Santa Line

AUTHOR: Finey_McFine

RATING: PG

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy.

SUMMARY: A chance meeting leads to a big surprise.

The Santa Line

“Willow. Willow! Please look at me and pay attention to what I’m telling you.” The woman said to her daughter in a stern voice. “I’m going to shop at Bergman’s and I want you to stay right here in Toyland. Do you understand?”

“Yes Ma’am.” The little girl said to her mother.

“Now, let me see your watch.” The little girl held up her wrist, donning a bright blue Scooby Doo watch. “Ok, I’ll meet you right back in this very spot in exactly one hour.”

“Ok Mom.”

“Willow, I’m counting on you to be responsible. It’s important for your personal growth that you learn to be responsible. When I was your age, my mother held me accountable for all sorts of things and I expect no less from you.” The red haired woman lectured as she straightened her skirt. “Do you have your money?”

“Yes ma’am. Twenty dollars.” The little girl said as she stared up at her mother.

“Very well then. Go ahead and I’ll see you…”

“In one hour, right here.” Willow said confidently, finishing her mother’s sentence.

Her mother smiled at her turning on her heels and practically sprinting in the opposite direction.

The little redhead walked into the store, knowing that her mother would turn to make sure she didn’t leave the store. Willow spent a few minutes milling around the front of the store before peeking out to make sure her mother was well out of sight.

When she was sure the coast was clear, she bolted out of the store and straight for the Santa line. It was quite long and the green-eyed little girl hoped and prayed that she would get through before her mother returned for her.

Each year the little girl begged her mother to allow her to visit Santa and each year she was met with a resounding ‘NO.’ It was always the same, ‘Willow we’re Jewish. We do not believe in the myth of Santa Claus and I refuse to perpetuate a lie. The entire myth is based on commercialism to trap parents into buying unnecessary items and spoil their children rotten.’ Her mother was nothing if not logical, however, this did not deter Willow one bit. She was going to meet the big guy one way or another.

Willow had been in line for a minute or so when the little girl standing in line in front of her turned and stared at her intently, half hiding behind her mother’s leg.

“Hi” Willow said.

“H-Hi” The little blonde girl said, shyly.

“This is my first time to visit with Santa. I hope the line goes fast ‘cuz I don’t have much time and I have a lot of questions for him. Like, I wanna know how he goes to all those houses in one night and how he knows who’s naughty and nice. I mean what actually makes you naughty anyway? Is it something little like slipping a soft cube of butter in your Mom’s chair when she’s not looking and then she sits down and her butt gets all gooey? Or, or maybe wearing candy cane striped stockings to Synagogue. Yeah, Cuz that would really be naughty!” Willow’s eyes were wide and took on a mischievous glint. She was momentarily lost in her naughty thoughts when she heard giggling.

“You’re funny. I like th-the way you t-talk. Not like m-most kids I kn-know.”

“Thanks! I’m only 8, but my Mom says that I can talk most anyone under a table and I’ve tried but they never actually end up under the table. They usually just get up and leave.”

“I wouldn’t leave, I like it…y-you just have a lot to s-say is all. I’m 9 years old and I’ve s-seen Santa every year of my life. How c-come this is only your first time?” The blue-eyed blonde asked.

“Well, you see my Mom would never let me, even though I asked tons of times. Every year I beg and beg and she always says, ‘Give it a rest! Just let it be! NO!’ I’m Jewish and we don’t beli-” Willow caught herself at the last second, remembering that her Mom always told her never to say that to other kids. She said that it was important to respect their beliefs.

“Hey, are you hungry or thirsty? Cuz I have twenty bucks and I can spend it on whatever I want. I thought maybe we could get something at the Cinna Shack, it’s right next to Krazy Kajun.”

“Ok, but I’ll have to a-ask my Mom first if I c-can go with you.” The little blonde tugged on her Mom’s shirt to get her attention. “Mom, can I go with her to get a snack at the Cinna Shack?” She asked, unbeknownst to her that her Mom had been listening in the entire time and chuckling at the cute exchange between the girls.

“Sure Sweetie, but please stay where I can see you.” She answered with a knowing smile.

The two new friends scampered off, with Willow talking nonstop and the little blonde giggling and blushing. They decided to get one giant cinnamon roll to split and 2 sodas. After nearly dropping the roll and Willow spilling part of her soda, they parked themselves on a nearby bench to eat their snack.

“I l-like your hair,” the blonde said. “It’s so r-red and pretty. Can I touch it?”

“Sure.” Willow replied, her face blushing bright as the other girl ran her fingers through the soft red tresses. “I like your eyes, they’re so blue…just like the ocean.” Willow proclaimed, causing the other girl to blush as well. “My eyes are green, my mom said they’re sea green. Hey! You’re eyes are like the ocean and mine are like the sea!”

“Isn’t that kinda the same thing?”

“I dunno, maybe.” The little redhead said and shrugged her shoulders.

“What g-grade are you in?”

“Third. What grade are you in?”

“Fourth. What s-school do you go to?”

“I go to Northridge Academy, it’s a private school. My Mom says that my education is the most important thing and I need to be in a good school so I can get into a good college when I grow up. Not that your school isn’t good or anything, it’s just that my school has less kids and we do lots more work that the regular schools. My friend Xander goes to a regular school and he never has homework. I have tons, even on the weekends. What school do you go to?”

“I go to Riverside. How do you t-talk so fast and say all those w-words without losing your breath?”

“I dunno, I guess it just comes natural to me.”

“Did you r-really do that to y-your Mom?” The older girl asked.

“Do what?”

“P-Put a cube of butter on her c-chair?”

Willow put her thumb in her mouth and began to chew on her fingernail.

“Maybe.” The mischievous little redhead answered.

“Does that m-maybe spell y-e-s?”

No sooner had the blonde asked, than Willow leaned over and pulled up her pant leg to reveal her candy cane striped tights. She looked up at the blonde with a wicked little grin. “We’re meeting my Dad at the Temple when we leave the mall. My Mom ALWAYS makes me change into a skirt for services and when I do, I’ll have these on.” Willow said proudly.

The older girl began to giggle and shake her head at her rebellious new friend. “Why do you do it when you know she’ll b-be mad?”

“I dunno, just cuz.” The little redhead said as she sipped her soda.

“Boy, if I e-ever did something l-like that my Dad would go nuts.”

“My Dad never really gets mad at me. We play in the snow together. Do you like to read? What’s your favorite book?”

“Yes and Harry Potter.”

“Hey! Me too! I love Harry Potter!! You’re the only kid I know my age that has read one of his books.” Willow said, beaming from ear to ear.

“I’ve actually r-read them all. I-I don’t have many friends, s-so I just stay in with my Mom and read.”

“How come?”

“Well, b-because I st-stutter and kids like t-to make fun of me.” The blonde said sadly, dropping her head.

“That’s not very nice. I would never make fun of you and if I heard other kids making fun of you, I’d deck ‘em. Sometimes kids make fun of me too cuz I got all these freckles and red hair, but not Xander, he’s my best friend. He used to be my boyfriend, but we broke up three years go on account of him stealing my Barbie doll. He comes over to my house a lot cuz his parents like to yell too much. When they get really mad at him they yell his whole name; Alexander Lavelle Harris!” The redhead exclaimed, scrunching her face for effect.

“Hey, how c-come you’re Mom isn’t w-with you?”

“Oh, she went shopping at another store and left me at the toy store.”

“All alone?”

“Yep, she wants me to be responsible. I’m supposed to be at Toyland and not leave, but I really wanted to see Santa.”

As if on cue, the girls heard the blonde’s mother calling for them to return, as they were the next in line to see Santa Claus. They threw their trash in the wastebasket and returned to the line. Willow checked her watch and noticed that she only had about 10 more minutes before she was supposed to meet her Mom and started to become visibly nervous.

“W-What’s wrong?”

“I only have a few more minutes before I’m supposed to meet my Mom and she’ll KILL me if she finds out I left Toyland and double kill me if she finds out why I left!” Willow was now entering into a full scale panic and thought she could actually hear the second hand ticking away the time on her watch.

“It’s my turn. W-Why don’t you go ahead of me?” The blue-eyed girl suggested.

“What? Really? But you were before me and it wouldn’t be fair.”

“Well, how a-about we go together?” The blonde said shyly.

Willow’s face broke out in a huge grin. “Really? Really? That would be awesome! Thank you! Thank you so much!” Willow exclaimed as she lunged forward and enveloped the blonde in a big hug.

Willow was still extremely nervous and her hands were shaking. The little blonde noticed and gently took one of Willow’s hands in hers. She looked up at Willow and smiled sweetly…causing the little redhead to feel all warm and tingly. The girls approached Santa gingerly, hand in hand, each choosing a leg to sit on. Willow was awe struck and even though she had a million and two questions for the man, at that moment her mind was completely blank. He spoke to the blonde first and asked all the standard questions. He then turned to a befuddled Willow and asked her what she wanted for Christmas. Her mouth was hanging open and moving, but no sound came out. She finally managed an, ‘I’m Jewish’ and Santa asked what she wanted for Hanukkah. All she could manage was ‘bike.’ Santa then turned them to face the camera and a picture was taken. He then gave the girls each a candy cane and sent them on their way.

“W-What happened to all of your q-questions?” The blonde asked Willow.

“I don’t know, I guess a cat took my tongue away or something.” Willow said, still trying to recover for the Santa debacle.

The blonde began to giggle, “It’s ok, a lot of kids get n-nervous.”

The pictures were ready and Willow paid one of Santa’s helpers five dollars. She glanced at her watch and noticed that she only had two minutes to spare.

“Oh my gosh! I have to go! It was nice meeting you, thanks for letting me see Santa with you, bye!!” She shouted as she darted back towards Toyland and the spot in which he mother would soon occupy.

“Good-bye” The other little girl said and watched sadly as her friend disappeared into the crowd of busy holiday shoppers.

Then out of nowhere Willow reappeared, once again enveloping the blonde in a big hug, then she kissed her on the cheek, grinned widely and trotted off to meet her mother.

Willow arrived at the spot in which she was supposed to meet her mother and was relieved that she wasn’t there yet. She held the picture in her hand and traced a small finger across the other little girl’s face. Then, she carefully slid the picture into her inside coat pocket and waited for her mother to arrive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Will, Willow. Sweetie…are you there?” Tara said gently waving her free hand in front of her wife’s face.

“Huh? Oh sorry Baby.” The redhead apologized as she pushed the stroller forward. “Oh, look we’re next! Yay!!”

“What were you thinking about? You looked like you were completely lost in another world.” Tara asked as she held their ten-month-old daughter gently swaying back and forth.

“Oh, well I practically was. Just thinking about something from my childhood. In fact it happened right here when-” Willow was cut off by an elf shouting ‘NEXT!’

They approached Santa and Tara sat their daughter on his lap while Willow adjusted her velvety red holiday dress and planted a sweet kiss on her head. Both Willow and Tara became teary eyed as Santa tickled their little girl who giggled happily in his lap. A picture was taken of the little blue eyed redheaded baby by herself with Santa and then another with the addition of her parents. Tara picked up Emma while Willow paid for the pictures, purchasing the largest packages available.

After collecting their pictures and placing a sleepy Emma in her stroller, they made their way to the mall exit.

“Hey Tara, look! It’s snowing!” Willow said excitedly.

“Well then we’d better get going so we’re not late getting to your parents house. I know how your mother gets when she has to wait.” Tara said, glancing at Willow who was by then rolling her eyes.

“Ugh, how long do we have to stay?”

“Will…be nice. Your parents love Emms and it’s the last night of Hanukkah. So after tonight you can take a break and you guys can go back to being casual acquaintances.”

“Good, cuz all this ‘quality time’ together is really creeping me out.”

They loaded everything up in their car and started out towards Willow’s parent’s house.

“Wow, look at all the snow! There must be a full inch already.”

Willow’s eyes were shinning and she had a huge grin plastered on her face. The redhead loved the snow and turned into a big kid at the first sign of it every year. She brought the car to a stop in the driveway, hopped out and promptly disappeared form Tara’s view.

“Will, what are you doing?” Tara asked as she too exited the car. She walked around to Willow’s side to find the redhead flat on her back making a snow angel. “You’re a big goof you know that?”

Willow simply grinned at Tara and continued her work of art as Tara carefully extricated their daughter from her car seat.

“Sweetie, when you’re done, can you please bring in the diaper bag and the stuff in the trunk?”

“Sure baby, I’ll be done in a minute.”

Once inside, Sheila took Emma immediately from Tara’s arms and began the ritual goo goo gaa gaas as Tara took off her coat and got comfortable. She was then greeted with a warm embrace from Willow’s father.

“Happy Hanukkah Ira.”

“Happy Hanukkah Tara. Where’s my daughter? Playing in the snow?” Ira laughed and Tara gave him a knowing smile just as Willow came through the door.

“Hi Mom, Hi Dad! Happy Hanukkah!” The redhead’s mood made lighter with the arrival of the newly fallen snow. “Tara where’s the camera? We need to get some shots of Emma with her first snow before it gets too dark!”

Tara rummaged through the diaper bag and finally came across the camera, handing it to Willow, who was bouncing excitedly on the balls of her feet. Tara put her coat back on, took the baby from Sheila and followed her wife outside. They spent about 15 minutes taking pictures and then made their way back in. When Sheila announced that it was time to light the candles and eat dinner.

The next couple hours proceeded without incident and they now found themselves in the living room making small talk and drinking coffee with Sheila. Ira had previously excused himself to the family room so he could catch what was left of the football game. After Willow fed Emma, she conked out and Willow put her in the playpen they had set up in the study. At some point in the conversation Sheila had asked what they’d done earlier in the day and Tara had made the grave mistake of answering the question honestly.

“I can’t believe that you are planning on lying to your only child!” She chided.

Tara noticed Willow stiffen and saw her eyes narrow, as if preparing for battle, so she reached over and took Willow’s hand in hers. Tara hoped that the gesture would have a claming effect on her wife.

“Mother, please do not raise your voice to my wife.” Willow said, a little more forcefully than she would have liked. “Look, it doesn’t matter anyway, Emma’s not even a year old yet and besides every kid needs something to believe in.”

Sheila completely ignored Willow and shifted her gaze towards the blonde. “Tara dear, I want you to know that I’m not blaming you. I know this is all Willow’s doing. Every year she drove me to near insanity insisting on visiting Santa at the mall, I’m surprised I made it through her childhood at all.” She stated flatly.

“That makes two of us.” Willow mumbled as Tara squeezed her hand and shot her a sideways glance. She was trying her best to avoid the traditional holiday squabble, that normally erupted at some point, between Willow and her mother.

“Well, I-I went every year. My M-Mom took me for a v-visit every year and to the same Santa that we took Emms to today and….”

“WHAT!?” Willow suddenly exclaimed. “I-I…no, it can’t be. It just can’t be.” She sputtered.

“Will, can’t be what? What are you talking about Baby?” Tara questioned.

Willow sprung from the couch, turned and bolted up the stairs. Leaving Tara and Sheila bewildered.

“What was that all that about?” Sheila asked, as she heard all kinds of thudding and banging noises coming from up stairs.

“I have no idea, but I’d better go check on her.”

“I’ll go with you.” Said a curious Sheila.

They arrived in the doorway of Willow’s old childhood bedroom to find the redhead on the floor of her closet rummaging through a box tossing unwanted items everywhere.

“Willow, what in Gods name are you looking for?” Sheila asked.

“The picture. The picture of me and Santa from when I was 8 years old.”

“What picture? I never allowed you to visit Santa when you were 8, let alone take a picture. Have you completely lost your mind?”

“You left me in Toyland to go shop at Bergman’s and I went and got into the Santa line. I hadn’t thought about it in years until…and I might add, who the hell leaves their 8yr old child alone in a busy mall anyway?” Willow stated, shooting a look of disgust towards her mother. Sheila responding by simply rolling her eyes at her daughter.

Then it hit Tara, like a bolt of lightening and she just stood, staring blankly in complete shock.

“Willow?” Tara said calmly. “That was twenty years ago. It can’t be…can it?”

Suddenly, all movement from within the closet ceased and Willow sat on the floor staring at an old photograph. She looked up at Tara and the tears were already streaming uncontrollably down her face. All she could do was nod. Tara moved forward, sidestepping everything that was thrown from the closet and offered a hand to Willow, pulling the redhead up from the floor. She gently took the photo from Willow and studied it intently.

“It was you.” Tara said, now crying as well. “I can’t believe it. All this time, we’ve been together almost ten years and we never put two and two together. That’s what, that’s what you were thinking about, while we were standing in line today. You never mentioned it before.”

“Neither did you Tare, neither did you.” Willow said as she reached up and cupped Tara’s cheek.

“What are you two crying about? Let me see that.” Sheila asked as Tara blindly handed over the photograph. She was barely aware that Sheila was even still in the room.

“Oh my God! Ira, Ira! You’re never going to believe this!” Sheila exclaimed as she exited the room to fill her husband in on what all the ruckus was about.

“Tara, I wanted to find you, but we never told each other our names a-and I went back a few times hoping that I would run into you but I never did.” Willow choked out between tears. She was now cupping both of Tara’s cheeks and wiping the blonde’s tears with her thumbs. “Then the years went by and I never forgot but-”

“I know, it’s ok, it’s ok Sweetie. We were kids and we met once for an hour. I…I never forgot you either, you were always right here.” Tara said as she took Willow’s hand and placed it on her heart.

The women leaned in and their lips came together, as if it was their first kiss all over again. The kiss was slow and soft and filled with love. They finally pulled apart and rested their foreheads together.

“I’ll always find you Will, always.” Tara said, as she ran her hands across Willow’s shoulders.

“I love you Tare. God, I love you so much.” Willow sobbed as she pulled her wife into a tight embrace.

“I love you too, so very much. Merry Christmas my sweet Willow.”

“Merry Christmas Baby.”

THE END

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:11 am 

aww, that was so sweet and cute! It was a Christmas (and Hanukkah) miracle! So sweet!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:03 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

That was too amazing!!

I've been craving mini-Willow/Tara stuff for ages and you totally delivered!

Ah, with each new story it becomes harder and harder to figure out how I'm going to vote!!

This was a-maz-ing.

And I love that you called their little girl Emma, I did that too in my first! :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:15 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hi all! Thank you so much for reading my fic and taking the time to

comment. Laragh, I'm pleased I made you laugh...nothing like a bit of

W&T romance-with-hilarity, is there? Btw, I'm now following you on

twitter.

Leonhart17 & taranwillow4ever, cute and sweet, yes! I was aiming for

major cuteness and sweetness, it's Christmas and we need lots of that ;)

LonelyTara, I'm flattered that you want more. I had thought to leave the

rest to your fertile imaginations but I wonder....hmm, I'll give it some

thought. Taralicious, well - what can I say? The words 'zipper' and

'concealed' spring to mind.....

I'm pleased you all liked Kajun, I really enjoyed writing her - and the

whole story was a blast to write anyway. Thanks all!

Vivienne

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:24 pm 

Wow...great job everyone!! I am just now catching up on all the great stories in this challenge. I wanted to write and post my fic before I read any others, so I have not been posting comments on individual fics...sorry!

It's so much fun to read these and see all the different scenarios play out in one shot short form and some really awesome writing!!

Can't wait for more! :pray

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:21 pm 

Oh my gosh Finey-McFine, that was so, so, so adorable!! I'm going to have fun reading that again to build my Christmas cheer!

Quote:
“This is my first time to visit with Santa. I hope the line goes fast ‘cuz I don’t have much time and I have a lot of questions for him. Like, I wanna know how he goes to all those houses in one night and how he knows who’s naughty and nice. I mean what actually makes you naughty anyway? Is it something little like slipping a soft cube of butter in your Mom’s chair when she’s not looking and then she sits down and her butt gets all gooey? Or, or maybe wearing candy cane striped stockings to Synagogue. Yeah, Cuz that would really be naughty!” Willow’s eyes were wide and took on a mischievous glint. She was momentarily lost in her naughty thoughts when she heard giggling.

Awesome, so Willow!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:58 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Finey - I love it. That's absolutely one of the kind of stories I love. They're meant to be together. Very sweet and very touching. I thought Sheila seemed about right on, not over the top but true to form and in character. I'm amused about their baby being named Emma. One year for the Rogue Kitten Tales holiday stories one of the common themes was that every one of us used Emms's name in the story (she used to write and be around here a lot). Tee hee.

BTW - We weren't going to "lie" to our kids about Santa/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy, etc. That went well for a few years but then it just gets out of your control. Family members, television (not that our kids watch much), and complete strangers get into the "what is Santa bringing you?" and etc. So we sort of go light on it. I'm Jewish and have no wish to let Santa claim any credit for "real" presents that go under the tree but apparently in my wife's family Santa fills stockings. Actually last year both the Tooth Fairy and Santa came on Christmas eve. Very exciting time at the in-laws...

ETA:
I don't mean to hi-jack the thread but I went back and found links for 3 years worth of the RKT holiday stories. I think the Emms inclusion is in the 2007 series:

2005 - Once More, with Fruitcake
2006 - RKT Presents Sing a Song of Christmas
2007 - Stocking Stuffers, Little Gifts from RKT

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:24 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Finey McFine,
That was just adorable.
Willow and Tara are the Tiny Toons of Buffy characters and your story adds another layer of credibility to the theory that Willow and Tara are fated to be together, predestination if you will.
Throughout the multiverse and all of time, even before and after, there will be incarnations of WIllow and Tara who will find each other no matter what the circumstances.
It may be girl meets girl, girl loses girl, but girl will always meet girl again and then there will be girl-on-girl action.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:08 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

WOW, WOW and WOW.. the kittens are showing off their mad writing skillz.. and then some! We’re into the home stretch with less than five days left to submit your Willow and Tara holiday tale. Good thing we have a week to vote coz picking favorites sure won’t be easy –hooray!

Time is almost up so get those submissions in for this Fic Challenge AND the Question Contest. Wha? There’s another contest going on? Yes indeed-y. Amber has very generously donated several dolls for our Kitten Anniversary Celebration. She is a total sweetheart. There are wonderful, heartfelt submissions posted already so please head over to the Kitten forum, check it out and submit away! :D

PS: You can enter both contests!

10th ANNIVERSARY KITTEN GIVEAWAY CONTEST #2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:46 am 

Leonhart17, Taralicious, JustSkipIt, LonleyTara, and Laragh!

Thanks so much for reading my fic and for your always wonderful feedback:) This story is loosely based on my belief that my partner and I crossed paths several times before we actually got together.

We grew up within 2 miles of each other and even though we attended different high schools, we later learned that we had a ton of mutual friends. We were both in band, we attended the same competitions, we hung out in the same places, etc. In fact, my younger brother and her younger sister had been best friends for 3 years before we even met!! So, I am positive that we were meant to be one way or another...just like Willow and Tara! :wtkiss

Looking forward to more holiday fun...only a couple days left!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:15 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Hello everybody!

First off, I'd like to thank all our authors for their wonderful challenge submissions. Thank you so much for participating!

Second, the cut off for submissions will be midnight TONIGHT, so if you've got something, get to posting!

Third, I plan on leaving the challenge up for the holidays. Even though you won't be eligible for the contest, we would love to read what you've got, so don't be afraid to continue to post stories when the contest is over.

Kisses and Gay Love
"I like my buttons, curvy." - Willow, Neverland, by Easiersaid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:49 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Contest is officially closed! Remember, voting ends a week from today!

Kisses and Gay Love

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:33 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Alrighty folks, the poll is up and running! Voting is open until Friday, December 24th, and the winner will be announced that afternoon. Thanks so much for helping make this fic challenge a success!

Kisses and Gay Love

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next