The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Fic: [AU] Racing The Rain (UPDTED: 4/03/18)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:25 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15

TITLE:: Racing The Rain

AUTHOR:: Finey_McFine

RATING:: PG13 to NC17 (Eventually)

DISCLAIMER:: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy. ALL other original characters belong to me! This includes: Willow’s siblings and teammates, plus Tara’s friends and co-workers. Mention of any ‘real’ people in this fic is brief and pure fantasy.

SUMMARY:: Totally AU! Set in LA with lots of W/T fluff and some angst, but no Hellmouthyness; just good old regular day-to-day drama. Willow is attending college on an athletic scholarship and Tara is Hollywood royalty. They meet and fall in love, of course, but will they be able to survive the pitfalls of a public romance? Well, you’ll just have to read and find out!

AUTHOR’S NOTE:: Hello Kittens! This is my first fic EVER, so please be kind! I’ve been lurking on the boards for several months and nervous about posting. I’m not a writer at all, but just felt compelled to write about our girls. If you enjoy the story, I’ll keep posting!

Chapter 1: Lost and Found

Tara let out a long sigh as she stood at the copy machine. Listening to the machine groan as it spit out page after page. Today marked the third day of copying and posting flyers. The smell of the toner was actually starting to make her nauseous and the black ink was leaving a stain on her fingertips.

She was starting to wonder if she would ever actually find the little dog that had meant so much to her the past couple years. Ralphie was Tara’s constant companion, she had adopted him from the local animal rescue 2 years ago. He was six months old and had been found scavenging for food behind a restaurant in West Hollywood. He reminded her of Tramp, from the Disney movie, and turned out to be just as smart and loyal as the animated character.

It had now been seven days since he went missing and as each day passed, Tara was getting more and more desperate to find him. Her hands trembled as she removed the papers from the copy tray and tears began to stream down her face as she set out for another day of posting and searching.

Tara had saturated a 5-mile area surrounding her home in the Hollywood Hills and throughout West Hollywood. Every light pole, coffee shop, community bulletin board, pet store and animal clinic. The Hills were spread out, but West Hollywood was a fairly small tight knit community. Since Ralphie had been found there, she thought maybe he’d go back. All she could do was hope that he would be found…alive.

After a long day of walking and posting flyers, Tara stopped into her favorite coffee shop and eatery…The Java. West Hollywood had a reputation of protecting its own and Tara felt comfortable there. She could sit under a tree-covered table sipping her beverage and relax without getting mobbed. Unfortunately, there was no escaping the Paparazzi. They seemed to pop up out of nowhere and snap away. Over the years she had learned to ignore them or just smile, allowing them to get the shot, knowing they would eventually go away. Celebrities that went out of their way to avoid them or traveled with an entourage seem to attract the photographers and the drama that went with a front-page tabloid story. Tara refused to give up her freedom, tried to stay on the straight and narrow and did not subscribe to the belief that “any publicity was good publicity.”

After chatting with a few people at the coffee shop, the blonde made her way back to her car and headed home. She stopped on the way to pick up a salad for dinner and a few items at the store. Upon entering the quite house, she headed to the kitchen to put the groceries away, eat and then on to a hot bath before going to bed. [/i]

***********************************************************************************

The sun was hot for mid October in California, but it didn’t seem to bother Willow one bit. Being from south Texas, Willow was certainly used to the heat and though it was hot, the lack of humidity was a welcome treat. Willow had moved to LA three years ago to attend college on an athletic scholarship. The studious redhead plays second base for the top ranked UCLA Bruins Fast Pitch Women’s Softball team. Willow was a natural and had been a starter on the team since freshman year. There was never a time she could remember not playing ball, once telling a reporter that she was born with a glove on her hand and cleats on her feet.

Willow grew up on a ranch just outside of Houston and was the youngest of five. On this sunny California day, Willow sat under her favorite Oak tree in a park not far from her small one bedroom apartment. The redhead sat surrounded by books diligently studying. She was a serious overachiever in everything that she did. Not only was she a top player, but had also managed to maintain an A average, earning her a spot on the Dean’s list.

As Willow sat completely engrossed, she noticed some movement out of the corner of her eye. As she looked up she noticed a scruffy gray and white dog limping towards her. He was panting heavily, looked dirty and his fur was matted. The little gray pup stopped short and stared at Willow. She put her books aside, whistled and put the palm of her hand out.

“Hey little guy, c’mere.” She made kissing noises and continued to try and coax the disheveled little dog closer. As he approached, she continued to call to him, attempting to keep him as calm as possible.

“That’s it, just a little closer. I won’t hurt you. That’s it…well, what’s your name?”

The lost pup collapsed next to Willow, whining and placing his head on her leg.

“Awww, what a sweetie. You look thirsty. Let’s just see what we can do about that.”

Willow reached in her backpack and pulled out a bottle of water. She poured some in her hand and the grateful pooch lapped it up. What she really needed was a bowl or a cup. Looking around she spotted a garbage can nearby. She hopped up and sprinted over looking for something that would work a little better. The little dog was too exhausted to move and seemed to smile upon her return.

“I just wanted you to know, that I don’t go digging through the garbage for just anyone. But I think this will work a little better than most of the water just running through my fingers.” She smiled and continued her babble to the thirsty dog. Pouring some water into a small Styrofoam cup.

“OK, let’s see what’s going on with you. A few cuts on your back, nothing major and a seriously bloody front left paw. Looks like you are in need of a few stitches. Lot’s of sticker burrs and mats in your fur. Maybe some dehydration, but overall not too bad, I’ve definitely seen worse”

“Well, just let me pack up my things and we’ll be heading home in a jiffy! I’ll get you all patched up and then we’ll see what we can do about finding your parents.”

Willow put all her homework away, threw on the backpack, gently scooping up the little dog and heading for home. Along the way she stopped off at a convenience store to pick up a few cans of dog food. [/i]

After arriving home, Willow gave the thirsty pup more water and fed him. Then she picked him up and placed him in the kitchen sink and ran water over the injured paw. He didn’t seem to like this very much and let out a yelp. Relieved that he did not try to bite her, Willow continued to rinse the bloody foot.

“Alright now, that wasn’t so bad was it?” The little dog’s breathing was labored as he panted, but there was no sign of aggression.

She laid the dog down on a blanket on her living room floor. “I’ll be right back!” She hurried down the hall to a closet and pulled out a first aid kit.

“You probably won’t like this much, but it needs to be done. Just some peroxide to get your boo boo all cleaned and sterile.”

He yelped and pulled his foot away as the liquid started to foam. She dried his foot and grimaced.

“Looks like it’s pretty deep and slightly infected. Gonna need to get you some meds and stitches. But first you need a bath and a good brushing. Cuz after the stitching, it’s a lamp shade collar and lot’s of rest for you.”

After grooming the lost pup, Willow loaded him up in her car and headed for the 24-hour Animal Hospital near the UCLA campus.

***********************************************************************************

“Hey Willow,” said the perky brunette behind the counter. “I didn’t know you were working today?”

“Oh, hey Cass. I’m not, I just brought in a needy customer.”

“Hmm…he’s not lookin’ too good. Where’d you find him?”

“In the park near my apartment. I think he’s a runaway…but an awfully cute runaway.” Willow said in a baby voice to the precious cargo she carried.

“Well, go on in. Martin…I mean, Dr. Reed is on shift tonight.” The young girl caught herself, but not soon enough and frowned.

Willow caught the slip but pretended not to notice, she just smiled nonchalantly at the receptionist. It was pretty obvious that Cassandra was smitten with the handsome Dr. and had been since he began working there several months ago. Willow, however, was not so impressed with the “Hot Doc,” as he’d come to be known amongst the female staffers. In her opinion he was a pompous ass that was more interested in racking up notches on his bedpost.
[/i]
“Well, well Ms. Rosenberg…what brings you to our fine establishment on this lovely evening?”

“Oh, hello Dr. Reed. I just brought this little guy in for treatment. He’s dehydrated and has a deep laceration on his left front paw it looks to be a tad infected and needs stitches.”

“Better let me take a closer look Willow, we don’t want to get ahead of ourselves.” He said smugly, patting her on the back.

Willow rolled her eyes and no sooner had Willow sat the pup on the exam table, than Dr. Reed was next to her reaching between Willow and the dog and “accidentally” brushing against her left breast. [/i]

A few hours later Willow was removing the IV needle and attaching the lampshade collar preparing to take her new friend home. The dog was still pretty out of it as Willow began to scan the pooch checking for a microchip.

“Bingo! There it is. Well, Ralphie it’s nice to officially meet you.” Willow printed out the info and stuck the paper in her pocket. She gathered Ralphie and headed for the door. Trying to slip out unnoticed by ‘Dr. Grabby Hands.’ It was well past midnight and she thought it best not to call the owner until tomorrow. Plus, Ralphie was still feeling the effects of the anesthesia and needed to be monitored.

The redhead was exhausted when she got home. [/i] she thought as she made a nice comfy bed for Ralphie on the floor next to hers. She checked her cell…no messages, no missed calls…she removed her shoes and jeans and climbed into bed.

Racing The Rain

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 76 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: [AU] Racing The Rain (11/14/10)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:48 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Great start! I can't believe this is your first fic, it's written amazingly well :D
Very original, I don't think I've ever read a fic where they meet because of a lost pet. Awesome :D
Can't wait to see where you go with it :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:36 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Aw, I agree, fabulous start! This looks to be a sweet and fluff-a-licious fic. I hope that you'll post the next chapter really soon, I can't wait for the girls to meet. Oh, and I really, really hate Dr. Grabby Hands. Disgusto. :D

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:46 pm 
2. Floating Rose

This is the great beginning. I agree you write very well . I can't wait to see the girls
Get together

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:47 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Very, very nice start. I'd definitely be interested in reading more.

I like the premise. It's Interesting that you've got Willow being an athlete, that's unconventional for Willow's character, something new.
Is Tara some kind of celebrity? I'm very curious about that one!! Also, Ralphie seems adorable! Can't wait til Willow brings him back to Tara.

I'm with the others, looking forward to more. Soon?

Laura.

In the end, it doesn't matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
-Anon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:09 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 2
Aww...Awesome start!

Poor little Ralphie and his hurt paw...I'm a sucker for puppies!

Can't wait for the next update!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:45 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 6
Great start! And what a way for our girls to meet. A lost puppy is a great thing to bond over. *sigh*

Keep up the good work! :kitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:03 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Hi there, and welcome! Great start for your first fic. This is a very interesting and different story from anything I've read. I can't wait until Willow returns Ralphie to Tara.

I'm in the "I hate Dr. Grabby Hands" club too. I've had bosses like that before (eww), and I would totally love for Willow to get to tell him off one day.

I really can't wait to see what happens next. I hope to see frequent updates, because you already have me hooked.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:04 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

hey great start to your first fic!

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:57 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Fantastic start!

I'm really looking forward to reading this, yay for W/T fluff!!!

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:39 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hey,

Can't believe this is your first fic - great job!

Miss Kitty Fantastico and the cat world had their inning, I think it's great to bring a dog into the mix for a change!

You write with a fresh straightforward style, love it!

I'm in with hating Dr. Grabby Hands, what a pompous slime-ball. He definitely needs some kind of take-down! Also like the AU element of Willow being athletic and Tara being a celebrity yet their essential characters still true.

So what are you waiting for? :party

More! More! More! :kgeek

Ariel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:03 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Hello, Finey_McFine.. Welcome to the Kitten! Love your screen name :D

Your story had me a lost puppy! Excellent start.

Head over to the Update Thread and let everyone know you have posted a brand new fic. Each time you add a chapter, give us a heads up in that same thread. A link would be nice too. If you have any questions feel free to PM a moderator or any kitten member.

Please tell us a little about yourself here: Introduction Thread

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:54 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Wow, great start! I love your writing style--it is very clear and concise.

I'm digging where this storyline is heading (or so I think it's heading in my mind ;-) )

I love the idea that Tara is potentially famous (people want to take her pic for some reason, right??)

Hope to see more soon!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:14 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Fun start, sucker for a lost or hurt animal in need of care. I could see little Ralphie trotting around in my head although he was a bit more Benjie than Tramp, but either way it works.

Great start.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:15 pm 

Great start...I'm sure Tara will be 'very' grateful.... more please.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:42 pm 

KioWego:
Thanks for being my first ever feedback…you got DIBS! I’ve read tons of fics and really wanted to do something different. So, I hope it lives up to it’s potiental!

LoneyTara:
Thanks for the encouragement! I plan to post as much as possible. It’ll be a little slow in the beginning while I get the hang of this. Dr. Grabby Hands is in fact a pretty smarmy guy (based on a real person, sadly) and will reappear periodically…much to Willow’s displeasure, lol.

Suzyque4215:
Thank You!!!

Xlaurax1:
Thanks for the kind words! I know Willow as an athlete was a stretch, but I thought it would be kind of fun. Tara is a celebrity and it’s all laid out in the next chapter.

Angieb86:
Thanks Angie! Me too!

Mrs. Pineapple:
Thanks so much! Let the bonding begin!!

Wimpy0729:
Thanks for the kind and encouraging words! I’m glad you like it. Dr.Grabby is pretty much modeled after a complete slime bag boss I had when I was 17. So, he’s written pretty true to form, unfortunately.

Laragh:
Thanks so much!! I love your fluff too!!!

Ariel:
Thanks so much! I get it about the ‘cat world,’ I’m a doggy girl myself, but alas…Miss Kitty Fantastico does make her grand entrance in the next chapter. I debated leaving her out completely, but it just wouldn’t W/T fluff without the fantastic one! Haha

Kajun:
Thanks for the welcome and the info you sent me as well. It was much appreciated!

Cyteach:
Thanks a bunch for the kind words about my writing style, sometimes I think I’m a little robotic. If I get out of control, let me know! Outlining this story has been a lot of fun, that’s for sure, and we learn more about Tara in the next chapter.

Vampyregurl73:
Thanks! I debated between Benji vs Tramp and came out on the side of Tramp since Lady and the Tramp is my all time fav Disney flick. I’ve made my daughter and girlfriend suffer through it at least 100x, lol.

SMGOVAN:
Thanks! I’m sure she will be!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Post subject: Re: New Fic: [AU] Racing The Rain (11/17/10)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:22 pm 

TITLE: Racing The Rain

AUTHOR: Finey_McFine

RATING: PG13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU, Willow and Tara Meet with not so surprising results! Set in LA with lots of W/T fluff and a little teeny tiny bit of angst, but no Hellmouthyness. Just good old regular day-to-day drama.

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hi everyone! It’s pretty cool seeing so many page views on my first fic! I hope you enjoy chapter 2, we get to learn a little more about Tara.

Chapter 2: Initial Contact

Morning came sooner than expected for Willow; she’d had a rough night. Ralphie had woken up several times scratching at the offending oversized plastic collar and growling. Now the gray pup was standing at her bedroom door and barking.

“Ok, Ok Ralphie…I hear you. Just give me a few minutes, ugh. Alright, let me go to the bathroom and get some clothes on.” <Geez, this is almost as bad as having a newborn baby>

The little dog was sitting diligently by the door, balancing on his three uninjured legs holding up the bandaged paw.

Willow threw on some pants, grabbed Ralphie and headed outside. Ralphie sniffed around and took care of business…several times, in several different places, kicking up the grass behind him each time.

Willow chuckled and shook her head, “Well, I guess when you gotta go, you gotta go.”

When Ralphie was finally done, he immediately turned his attention back to the lampshade collar and began to furiously shake his head.

“And on that note…it’s back inside we go! I need coffee Ralphie and you need to settle down before you injure yourself any worse.” Willow said as they entered the apartment.

No more had the words left Willow’s mouth, than Ralphie took off across the small living room jerking the leash right out of her hand. He began barking and carrying on, clearly after something that was under the couch. The sleepy redhead herd hissing and knew exactly who the culprit was.

“Ralphie! Leave Miss Kitty alone!” In her exhaustion, Willow had completely forgotten about her cat, Miss Kitty Fantastico. Miss Kitty was about 4 years old, black and white with white rear feet, a white stripe from her chin to her chest and a small spot of white fur around her nose. The precocious kitten had wandered up on the Rosenberg ranch during Willow’s senior year of high school. They took to each other right away and have been inseparable ever since.

Once Ralphie barked himself out and calmed down, Miss Kitty ventured out and the two started to get acquainted. <Thank goodness, I really don’t want to get evicted. I so need to call and get this little pooch back home where he belongs>

She looked at the clock and realized that it was well before 8:00am. Deciding against the coffee, she lay down on the couch, pulled the afghan over herself and went back to sleep.

**********************************************************************************

Tara lay in bed staring at the ceiling. She glanced over at the clock. It was 7:30am, normally the time Ralphie would wake Tara to go out. She sighed, depressing thoughts threatened to take over so she pushed them from her mind and began thinking about the up coming week. She had to be on the set first thing Monday morning and was not looking forward to the prospect of a 15-hour day so early in the week.

Tara Maclay was the star of the current top rated TV sitcom and with that came long hours. Her thoughts began to drift and she soon started to reflect on her career and what had brought her to where she was today.

Tara was born and raised in the suburbs of LA, she was a California girl through and through. With honey blonde hair and deep blue eyes, she was the poster child for a typical “California Girl.” In fact, she had been an actual poster child as a toddler, taking on the role as The Coppertone Baby.

Tara was an only child, raised primarily by her mother after her father abandoned them when she was an infant. Her mother, Elizabeth, was a nurse, but the long inconsistent hours kept her away from Tara and the pay was barely enough to survive.

One day, when Tara was about 14 months old, Elizabeth had taken her to a nearby park to play. She sat on a bench while Tara played in the sand, and struck up a conversation with the woman who sat next to her. They made small talk and Elizabeth had mentioned some of the pitfalls of juggling an irregular work schedule and motherhood. It was then that the woman suggested that she audition Tara for commercials. Elizabeth initially blanched at the idea of using her only child as, what she considered to be a “meal ticket,” but if it meant spending more time with her angel and cutting back some hours, maybe she would consider it.

After researching the industry and much contemplation, Elizabeth finally got up the nerve and took Tara for an audition. The studio was packed with parents and crying babies. The director called for five babies to come back at a time. He instructed the parents to place them all on the floor and step back out of view. The crew began moving numerous cameras around them and making noise. Most of the toddlers began to cry or ran to their parent, but Tara just sat there perfectly content. She smiled, laughed and played with her feet. None of the commotion seemed to bother her at all and she was hired the same day. One gig turned into another and another and so on until she started Kindergarten. Elizabeth had managed to save enough money for her to take a lower paying job with less hours and still have money to care for Tara properly. So, with the start of school, the commercials stopped and Elizabeth took a job as a school nurse, working school hours to coincide with Tara’s schedule.

Tara was an easy going child, a bit shy with a slight stutter when she became nervous, but one thing was for certain…she loved being in front of the camera or on the stage.

Life plugged on, fairly uneventful until Tara was ten, when she received a call from a casting director that had previously cast her in a commercial five years earlier. He was in the process of casting a family sitcom and asked if Tara could audition. Elizabeth was against it, citing school as more important, but Tara eventually wore her down, auditioned and won the role. She spent two years on the show and when it was canceled, went on to work on a one-hour family drama. With the success of that show and her growing popularity, at fifteen she landed a role in a low budget movie with several former stars trying to make a comeback. The movie was an overnight sensation and Tara was propelled into teen idol status. The family drama finally came to an end after six seasons on the air, but not before the blonde beauty had won an Emmy and two Golden Globes for her work as an angst ridden teenager. She had also made a sequel to her first movie during that time, which went on to become an international box office success.

Tara was the tender age of nineteen when the second show ended and she found herself unemployed. During that time she received numerous offers for TV and movies. After doing a few guest spots and taking some time off, she decided to accept a role in a TV sitcom about a group of friends and their daily ups and downs living in Chicago. The show took off and quickly became the top rated sitcom on TV for the last three years running.

After almost an hour, Tara was still lying in her bed lost in thought. She wondered how she could have so much professional success and so much personal failure. She was turned on her side staring idly at the empty space next to her. <There’s got to be more to life than this> She shook herself from her reverie, rolled out of bed and headed into the bathroom for a long hot shower.

**************************************************************************************

Willow awoke feeling pressure and a vibration on her chest. She slowly opened her eyes to see Miss Kitty intensely staring back at her. She reached up and scratched the cat behind her ears.

“Morning Missy. Did you give up on Ralphie? Too bad he doesn’t have opposing thumbs or I could still be sleeping.” Willow giggled to herself. “Cuz you know, if he did then he could scratch behind your ears and...” Willow shook her head, realizing that she was explaining that logically, to a cat!

She sat up and placed Miss Kitty on the floor, then headed into the kitchen to make some coffee. After showering and walking Ralphie, Willow unfolded the print out with the microchip information and prepared to call his owner.

“Ok, Ralphie-Walphie let’s see who your parents are.”

Willow dialed the number and got a voicemail. “Hello, sorry I can’t come to the phone right now, but please leave me a message and I’ll call you back.”

“Um, Hi. I’m just calling because I was wondering if you lost a dog? If so, I found him and I got this number from his microchip or this could be a wrong number or something. Anyway, the address was in Culver City and that’s a really long way from where I found him. He’s just a little guy and I can’t believe that he traveled that far. Either way, please call me back when you get this message. My number is 323-555-2244. It’s pretty easy to remember. Oh and my name is Willow.”

*************************************************************************************

After showering, Tara spent the rest of the morning trying to stay busy. Doing laundry, paying bills…anything to keep her mind from obsessing over the lost dog. When she finally slowed down, she noticed that she had a message on her cell.

She played the message and let out a shriek. “OH MY GOD! HOLY SHIT BUCKETS! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!” Her hands were shaking and her heart was pounding. After a few minutes, she was finally able to compose herself enough to return the phone call.

“Hello.”

“Hi, Is this W-Willow?”

“Yes, is this K.T?”

“K.T?” The blonde was confused for a moment before remembering those were in fact her initials. “Yes, this is K.T, I got your message about the dog. Is he ok?”

“He’s fine, but before I give away any details, can you describe him for me?” Willow had grown fond of the loveable little pooch in the last 24 hours and wasn’t about to give him up to until she could confirm that this K.T. was in fact the real owner.

“Umm, alright. He weighs about 20lbs, g-gray and white, resembles Tramp, from Lady and the Tramp, and a-answers to Ralphie. Oh, please tell me you have him?”

“I do. He’s exactly like you described!” Willow could hear the relief from the woman on the phone and she grinned. Happy that she’d rescued and cared for the dog.

“That’s FANTASTIC! When can I get him? Is now convenient?” Tara was so relieved and happy that she could hardly contain herself.

“Now is fine. Do you want me to bring him to you?”

“NO!” Tara shouted. “Uh, sorry, I’m just s-so happy that you rescued him and he’s ok. I can come p-pick him up or we could m-meet somewhere?” She was stuttering like crazy, nervous and embarrassed after shouting at the poor girl.

“Well, being that you live in Culver City, we could meet half way. I still don’t understand how he managed to make it all the way out here from Culver City. I mean, it’s not that far, but there’s a freeway in between and lots of traffic. He must have nine lives or something.”

“Oh, I actually live in The Hills. Where is here?”

“Huh?” Willow responded, not understanding what she was asking.

“Where did you find him?”

“Ahh, that makes more sense. Not too much in the way of major roadways between here and there.” The redhead mumbled to herself. “Oh um, I found him in a small park near my apartment and the Runyon Canyon entrance.”

“So, you live in West Hollywood then?” Tara said with a little more of a suspicious tone than she intended. She mentally kicked herself.

“Ye-ah…yes I do.” Willow picked up the tonal shift in her voice.

“Is it ok if I come pick him up now? Please?”

“Oh yeah, yeah sure. Let me give you my address and directions.” Willow went about giving ‘K.T.’ the information and after they hung up, she began to gather all Ralphie’s meds and some miscellaneous first aid supplies. She typed out some instructions and then placed everything in a plastic zipper bag.

Willow sat down on the floor and Ralphie crawled up and snuggled in her lap. In just a short time, Willow had grown very fond of the sweet little dog and, in truth…was having a hard time letting him go. She undid his plastic collar, giving him a loving kiss on the head.

“Well, you drove me a little crazy, but it was nice having you around little man. I’m gonna miss you, but your Mommy is very, very excited to see you.” Willow said, as she snuggled with Ralphie.

Just then there was a soft knock on the door. Willow re-attached the collar and moved the groggy pup back onto the floor.

It had only taken Tara about ten minutes to reach Willow’s apartment.

Tara heard a click and the door opened.

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Mon May 30, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: [AU] Racing The Rain (UPDATED 11/17/10)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:29 pm 

Dibs! 'Holy shit buckets' was hilarious. I look forward to seeing the first meeting between Willow and Tara!

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:05 pm 
3. Flaming O

:party...I have been lurking around on this board for years and I have so many favorite stories but this is my first comment. This story has my full attention..thanks for the update and keep up the good work..can't wait for the next one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:41 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Ahhh, so Tara's a "staahh, dahling", very cute scenario. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:56 pm 
3. Flaming O

i love how i can see what is happening in my head. you have created some very good imagery. i find the beginning idea of your story to be a lot of fun. please keep updating, because i would love to see where you will take this story.

i laughed so hard at this line. awesome job

Quote:
“OH MY GOD! HOLY SHIT BUCKETS! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!”

:kitty

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:25 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay! An update! :party

Still loving your writing style and how you are throwing the backstory into the storyline so effortlessley. I'm interested in seeing a bit more about Tara's nervousness about being in West Hollywood--perhaps she is one of those closet stars who has to keep up appearaces, hmmm...

I loved the fact that Willow saw that it was 8:00 and decided it was far too early to get up for good :) I'm looking forward to seeing her in her element as a college student and as an athlete!

Woop Woop!

Can't wait for more!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:20 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Oh, so nice. Tara's reaction to the message was perfect. After waiting and worrying for so long, she finally got the call she had been wanting so badly. I really liked Willow asking her to describe Ralphie to make sure it was indeed the rightful owner. I bet Tara will be so grateful. ;-)

It was nice to see a little background about Tara's stardom. It's a little sad to see that even though she has all that, she feels like something is missing, and it seems Willow is at the same point in her life too. I can't wait to see what happens next. More soon please!

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:22 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
:rofl :lmao

Great chapter. Really, really great.

Yay for Ralphie, the reason for ge-togethers!

Cool backstory, very interesting.

Can't wait for more!

PS, I feel like I gotta ask, are you planning on this being angsty? Lol, I just need some forewarning :p

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm 

I predict.... Love at first sight!!! update soon..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:50 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Awesome!!!! Loved it!!!!
I wonder what the reaction will be? Hmm..
Tara seems very wary, understandable as she's a star. Still, I hope she's nice to Willow :D
Can't wait for more!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:06 pm 
2. Floating Rose

more please! This is fun stuff so far; I like the lives you've given W and T, and am interested to see their first meeting. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:26 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hey, Finey!

Love your story, full of fun and a whole new take on their backstories.

Really into where it's going and the bumps along the way.

Also enjoyed seeing Miss Kitty again, glad she and Ralphie could make it work.

Take care,

Ariel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:03 pm 

LonelyTara wrote:
Dibs! 'Holy shit buckets' was hilarious

Thanks! I'm sure there will be more to come!

bouncer73 wrote:
:party...I have been lurking around on this board for years and I have so many favorite stories but this is my first comment. This story has my full attention..thanks for the update and keep up the good work..can't wait for the next one.

Awww...thank you so much!!! I promise to update at least 2x/week.

vampyregurl73 wrote:
Ahhh, so Tara's a "staahh, dahling", very cute scenario. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

That she is! Me too! lol

sapphoselene wrote:
i love how i can see what is happening in my head. you have created some very good imagery.

Ariel wrote:
Really into where it's going and the bumps along the way./quote]
It will definitely get bumpy, but I think they'll be able to handle it!
I'm glad you think so, hopefully I can keep it going!

Cyteach wrote:
I'm interested in seeing a bit more about Tara's nervousness about being in West Hollywood--perhaps she is one of those closet stars who has to keep up appearaces, hmmm...!

Hmmmm...we'll see!

wimpy0729 wrote:
It's a little sad to see that even though she has all that, she feels like something is missing, and it seems Willow is at the same point in her life too.

I think they're are both at a turning point in their lives. Willow in her Senior in college and Tara weary from working since she was 10. Not sure where they're headed, but it'll be fun to find out!

Laragh wrote:
I feel like I gotta ask, are you planning on this being angsty? Lol, I just need some forewarning

Hahaha...I totally understand your apprehension, but worry not! It won't be life threatening. Just good old fashion drama that comes with a new relationship.

SMGOVAN wrote:
I predict.... Love at first sight!!! update soon..

What ever would make you say that??? lol

KioNewgo wrote:
Awesome!!!! Loved it!!!!
Tara seems very wary, understandable as she's a star. Still, I hope she's nice to Willow

Thanks!! Tara mean to Willow??? Hmmm.....

mishki wrote:
This is fun stuff so far; I like the lives you've given W and T

Thank You! They've been through a lot and I figured they needed some fun and normalcy.

Ariel wrote:
Really into where it's going and the bumps along the way.

It will definitely get bumpy, but I think they'll be able to handle it!

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback! Look for chapter 3 tonightjavascript:emoticon(':peace')

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: [AU] Racing The Rain (UPDATED 11/21/10)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:12 pm 

TITLE: Racing The Rain

AUTHOR: Finey_McFine

RATING: PG13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU, Willow and Tara Meet with not so surprising results! Set in LA with lots of W/T fluff and a little teeny tiny bit of angst, but no Hellmouthyness. Just good old regular day-to-day drama.

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hello Kittens! This is my first fic EVER, so please be kind! I’ve been lurking on the boards for several months and nervous about posting. I’m not a writer at all, but just felt compelled to write about our girls. If you enjoy the story, I’ll keep posting!

Chapter 3: Unicorns and Rainbows

*Tara heard a click and the door opened*

Tara stood in the doorway, not knowing what to expect on the other side, she nervously toyed with the purse that was slung over her shoulder. When the door finally opened, a smiling redheaded young woman greeted her.

Tara froze momentarily, mesmerized by bright green eyes on the most beautiful face she’d ever seen. She just stood there, as if her feet had been cemented to the spot and took in the girl standing before her, admiring Willow from behind a pair of dark sunglasses. She couldn’t help but notice how fit the redhead appeared to be. She was wearing a form fitting green t-shirt that showed off her flat stomach. There was a recycling symbol in the middle of the shirt surrounded by the words, ‘I recycle. I wore this t-shirt yesterday,’ followed by a pair of royal blue Capri type sweat pants with white stripes down each side. Equally form fitting and completely mismatched. <She is absolutely adorable and speaking to me! Oh God, what did she say?>

“Hi, I’m Willow. I’m so glad you found me, eh…the apartment that is. You didn’t have any problems did you? Well, I guess not, since you’re here and all. Oh, where are my manners? K.T. please come in.” Caught in a loop of mindless nervous babble, Willow was struggling to slow down and stop the talking. <Gosh, she looks so familiar, if she’d just take those glasses off>

“Oh um, it’s Tara. My name is Tara.” She said softly as she removed her glasses and stepped inside.

Willow was rendered speechless, maybe for the first time in her life. As Tara removed her glasses, she ducked her head a bit and looked up at Willow with half lidded eyes. She was feeling shy and shot Willow a lopsided smile. She braced herself, expecting Willow to freak when she recognized her, but that never happened…leaving the blond a little thrown off.

As Willow stepped back to let Tara in, she couldn’t help but to admire the woman standing before her. Tara’s hair was pulled back in a loose ponytail. She was wearing a plain white v-neck t-shirt that was showing off just the right amount of Tara’s ample cleavage and milky white skin. As Willow’s eyes traveled downward, she noticed Tara’s full curvy hips accentuated by a pair of semi-tight fitting jeans, followed by a pair of black Chucks. <Wow, how the heck can someone be sexy AND adorable all at the same time? Oh my God, am I drooling?>

At that moment, thankfully, Ralphie barked at hearing his Tara’s voice and snapped them both back to reality. They were both a little embarrassed and blushing like crazy. Tara looked over and saw the little dog struggling to sit up. Between the bandaged paw and the collar, he looked somewhat pathetic.

“Oh, my gosh! He’s hurt, I thought you said he was ok?” Tara blurted out, as she rushed over and scooped him up.

Tara was sitting on the floor cradling the injured pup, whispering soothing words to him, when Willow came over and sat cross legged in front of them.

“He’s ok Tara, honest, I wasn’t lying. He has some scratches and the cut on his foot. It was pretty deep, so I had to stitch it up. It’s a little infected, but not bad, so I gave him some IV antibiotics as well. Along with some fluids, he was a bit dehydrated. He’ll need to be checked in a few days. Oh, and I have a whole bag chocked full of everything you’ll need to keep him nice and comfy!” Willow said, trying to be cheery and the hopes that Tara didn’t sense how nervous she really was.

It was then that Willow noticed the tears dripping from Tara’s eyes on to Ralphie’s fur.

“Oh Tara, it’s ok” Willow said in a comforting tone, as she rested her hand on the blonde’s knee in an attempt to comfort her. “He’ll be fine, really.”

Tara looked up at Willow through tear soaked eyes, “Thank you Willow. Thank you so very much.”

It was in that moment looking directly into Tara’s eyes that it dawned on her exactly who’s knee she was touching. <Tara, Tara Maclay. Wait, Tara Maclay…THE Tara Maclay? Idiot! The actress on the billboard near campus. No wonder she looked so damn familiar and I didn’t even recognize her! I am such a putz!>

“Willow, could I have a tissue and maybe a glass of water?” Tara’s voice was thick with emotion.

“Sure, sure. Duh, again…where are my manners? I’ll be right back. Is there anything else you need?” She asked as she stood up.

“No, but thank you and Willow, can I take the collar off him for awhile?”

“Oh yeah, absolutely…anytime. You just have to make sure he doesn’t start chewing on his foot.” Tara looked up at Willow and their eyes met. Willow gave Tara’s knee a small squeeze and a reassuring smile as she finally rose to retrieve the items requested.

Willow had her back to Tara as she walked away to retrieve the tissues from her bedroom and was smiling a huge goofy smile. <Thank goodness she can’t see me right now. I must look like a grinning idiot. Well, maybe it’s because you have a super famous award winning actress was sitting in your living room? Maybe, but…you were swooning before you recognized her. Here I go again, all with the third person in my own head. Snap out of it Rosenberg> She took an extra minute to try and calm her nerves, before heading back to the living room.

Tara removed the lampshade collar and placed several kisses on Ralphie’s head, when she looked up to see Miss Kitty walking in her direction. Before she could react, Miss Kitty was there meowing and rubbing herself on Tara’s leg and Ralphie’s face. Much to Tara’s utter surprise, he nuzzled the cat and licked her face.

“Wow,” Tara said, “hell must have frozen over. Who are you and what have you done with my dog?”

Willow, who had been standing in the hall watching the entire display, let out a small giggle. “I think it’s the sedative, cuz when they first met…he was all bark-y mcbarkerson. I take it he’s not normally a fan of cats?”

“Well, I mean he’s not, ‘death to all cats’, but it certainly hasn’t been all unicorns and rainbows.” She said, giving Willow a soft smile.

The redhead chuckled, “Here’s your tissues Tara. I’ll be right back with the water.”

“Thanks Willow.”

Willow left the room for the kitchen and Tara began looking around taking in her surroundings. The apartment was small, but felt cozy. In the living room there was a light blue denim couch, an end table and an oversized matching chair that was facing a mid size flat screen TV with standing tower speakers on either side. Tara could see a video game system on the floor with several games scattered about. There was a small round table and four chairs near the opening of the breakfast bar adjacent the living room, with a laptop and several books resting on the tabletop. In the far corner, next to the sliding glass doors, there was a bookshelf with framed pictures, some trophies, some miscellaneous knick-knacks and a few books. There was a small hallway off the kitchen that Tara assumed led to a bedroom and a bathroom as well. She could see several collage type picture frames hanging on the hallway walls filled with photos. The apartment was tastefully decorated, with several large framed pieces of colorful art adorning the walls. One above the couch, two others on either side of the TV and one near the front door. Tara looked through the breakfast bar opening into the kitchen and could see Willow getting two glasses, filling them with ice and water. <I can’t remember the last time I’ve been in an apartment this small. Geez Tara, snobby much?>

Willow soon returned with the water and handed a glass to Tara. Their hands touched, albeit briefly, and Tara’s heart seemed to skip a beat. <I can’t believe she is having this kind of affect on me> Little did she know, that she was having the same affect on Willow.

“So Willow, you’re a vet?”

“No, yes, maybe a little…kind of?”

“Kind of?” The blonde responded and arched an eyebrow.

“I’m in my senior year at UCLA, I’m a biology major, but plan on attending veterinary med school after I graduate next spring. I’ve worked in vet clinics since I was sixteen, so I know my way around. I volunteer sometimes at the 24 hour clinic near campus, that’s where I treated Ralphie.”

“They let you treat animals, even though you’re not official?” Tara asked, taking a sip of her water.

“Um not really, but they let me treat Ralphie because I brought him in, like I said I’ve been working in clinics since I was sixteen. Not to toot my own horn, but I can run circles around some of these guys. <One grabby jackass in particular>

“Are you worried because I treated Ralphie and I’m not a ‘real’ Dr. yet?” The redhead asked, using air quotations and furrowing her brow.

“Oh, no Willow…not at all. I-I was just curious. So, it’s kinda like being an intern in a hospital then?”

“Not really. It’s kind of like being an extremely low ranking head on an extremely tall totem pole.” Willow smiled. “I still have four years of med school ahead of me.”

“Wow, that’s a lot of school.” Tara wondered who in their right mind could like school that much.

“Yep, it sure is.” Willow said, wanting to drop that subject altogether.

Truthfully, Willow was debating continuing on after she graduated from UCLA. It had seemed like a great idea several years ago, but after attending almost 4 years in regular college, the prospect of another 4 in med school, which was about a hundred times more demanding, was quite daunting. Plus there were monetary issues as well. In a few months she was going to have to make a decision that would ultimately alter the course of her adult life and she was avoiding it like the plague.

“Anyway, I’ve stitched up tons of animals before and there was an actual doctor there to observe.” Willow said, trying to reassure the blonde.

“Willow, seriously. I can’t thank you enough. I mean you could have ignored him or taken him to the pound, b-but you didn’t. What you did was just…the sweetest thing ever. Please, let me pay you or something.”

By this time Willow was blushing beyond blushing. She felt like her face was on fire and her blood was boiling.

“No, no Tara, really…that’s not necessary. I did it because I love animals and he was hurting. I can’t stand to see an animal hurting or in danger. Heck, I’ve rescued more animals than I can count and I never took a dime from any of them!” Willow joked trying to lighten the mood.

“I-I just don’t feel right not doing something in return for what you’ve done. I know it sounds ridiculous, but this little dog means so much to me and I didn’t think I’d ever see him again. You gave him back to me and I totally owe you.” Tara said as she desperately tried not to cry again as the unshed tears stung in her eyes.

Seeing that Tara was not going to give up, Willow had to think of something. She was utterly enraptured with Tara, this vulnerable girl sitting on her floor smiling at her with the most adorable lopsided smile she’d ever seen.

“OK, I’ll tell you what. It’s almost 1pm and I haven’t eaten anything today. How about you buy me lunch?” ANYTHING Willow thought to spend more time with this woman. She look expectantly at Tara, awaiting her answer.

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Mon May 30, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next