The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fic: The River in Me
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:56 am 
Hey Triscuit...great start! I really like the thoughts running through Willow's head. Great job..I can't wait for more!

Aimee :D

"Pope John Paul today confirmed his opposition to gay marriages, said they're unnatural. Gay marriage is unnatural. Then he put on a pointy hat, his dress, and returned to never having sex at all." -Bill Maher

Post subject: Fic: The River in Me
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:02 am 
Title: The River In Me

Part 1 of 5

Rating: NC-17 overall, PG here

Disclaimer: All the characters appearing in the series Buffy The Vampire Slayer as well as the names, titles and back story are the sole copyright property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. No copyright infringement was intended in the writing of this fanfic. I’m just playing in the sandbox. The chapter headings are from songs by Cris Williamson (“Waterfall”) and Kirsty MacColl (“In These Shoes?”) - no copyright infringement intended here either.

In the first chapter I mention the possible consequences of the Nether Realms spell. They’re based wholly on my perception that Tara was worried. I mean no disrespect to any witches or Wiccans on the Board.

Notes: Setting is during Season Four immediately after events of “Who Are You?” and grew out of my need to know what happened between Willow and Tara after Buffy resolved the Faith issue. There’s minor angst, lots of goodness, and, well, sex. You have been warned…..

Chapter 1 – The Changer and the Changed

“I-I-I,” Tara’s fingers gripped the ends of her sleeves and she tried again, “Is i-i-t al-always l-l-like th-that?”

Her two companions paused on the sidewalk in the warm California sun.

“Oh, that, good Lord no!” Giles smiled affably at the young witch. “That was nothing much. A little white lie, some misdirection.”

“These are not the droids you’re looking for,” Willow smirked, “Helped, of course, by the fact that Sunnydale’s finest aren’t. The finest, I mean.”

“N-n-no.” She sighed and tried to find words. “Th-th-the Sc-scoobies, is it always so dangerous?”

Willow and Giles shared a look.

Giles cleared his throat. “No. Yes. Sometimes.” He started to take off his glasses but stopped as Willow shook her head almost imperceptibly.

“Giles, I think I need to handle this.”

Tara’s stomach tightened in knots at Willow’s terse phrasing and she ducked her head.

“Yes, of course, she’s your friend,” he hesitated momentarily, “You will be all right?”

“Hello, daylight. Vamps are dusty. Buffy kicked Faith’s butt. We’ll be fine walking back to campus.”

“Well, ta, then.” He set off, back to the armored car, his long strides no longer hampered by their shorter legs.

Even with her eyes to the ground, Tara was still aware when Willow stepped directly in front of her.

“Tara, are you okay? ‘Cause it’s kinda seeming like you’re not, and I … I’m not sure why you’re not, that is, if you’re not okay? Is that clear at all?”

She looked up into Willow’s face and chose the easiest of her questions. “A-are y-you in d-d-da-danger with the Scoobies?” She clenched her fists trying to get the words out.

“Oh, sweetie, …” Her heart lurched and the blood roared so loudly in her ears at the endearment that she missed most of what Willow said. “…not danger girl. I’m research girl.”

Every one of her senses now attuned to the woman before her, Tara didn’t miss the slightly bitter note in Willow’s voice. Her will and voice firmed, “No, you’re more than that.” A hand lifted seemingly of its own volition. She cupped Willow’s face with her palm and rubbed her thumb along the redhead’s cheekbone.

The green eyes widened as the light physical contact restored the bond they’d forged the night before. Their breathing, their heartbeats began to sync. And the redhead stepped back.

“S-s-sorry.” Tara dropped her hand, separating them.

“No, oh god no, Tara. I was just surprised is all.” Willow caught her hand up. “But why now? It wasn’t like that this morning.”

Tara shook her head in denial. “I-i-it w-was, j-j-just you were excited about the k- k- katra.”

“Ayala flows through the river in me.” Willow nodded to herself as she spoke. “How long does it last?”

“A while. Maybe a day. Maybe less,” Tara answered softly.

“So we can feel one another…..” Willow’s voice trailed off.

“Not specifics, just general stuff.” With contact restored Tara could feel the other woman again, could feel them moving together. Could feel how they fit together. Like Lego bricks. She smiled softly at the image.

“What?”

She lifted their interlocked hands into view. “I was just thinking that we’re Legos.”

“The ones with the double rows or single ones?”

“Double rows,” Tara answered without having to think.

“But the rectangular bricks, right, not the squares?” Willow asked. Without releasing Tara’s hand, she started to walk again.

She giggled as the redhead pulled her into motion. “Sure.”

“Good, I think we’re double eights, ‘cause they have the most connections,” Willow continued.

And they’re longer and there’re more bits to touch. Somehow Tara kept that thought in her mouth.

Without breaking stride, Willow turned her head and looked at her, “And I like that.”

I. Trust. You.

Three words and she’d given herself into the shy blonde woman’s keeping. This woman who ducked her head to hide behind a curtain of shimmering hair. Yet she was so quietly powerful, Willow mused.

She’d felt that power surge through her once, had directed it to save their lives. Had surprised herself in the aftermath of their spell – she had not wanted to release the woman’s hand. They’d simply sat looking at each other, stunned. She’d been so happy to find another witch – a real witch; had been thrilled when Tara had mentioned noticing her among the wanna-Blessed-bes. She was just so used to being unnoticed. But with Tara she wasn’t.

For years, Buffy had been the sun around which she and Xander revolved. Now it seemed that the three of them were moving apart. They certainly hung out with one another less and less. Xander had Anya – which she couldn’t figure out at all. Buffy had Riley. She should have felt alone.

But in Tara’s presence she was never overlooked. Even when the woman’s deep blue eyes were elsewhere, Willow felt that she was the center of the universe. No matter the time of day or night, the blonde witch was pleased to see her. And Willow had found that the light of Tara’s smile, Tara’s happiness, warmed her through and through.

She’d realized she was falling in love with the other woman fairly quickly. She had thought Tara felt ‘that way’ too; the blonde hadn’t pulled away when she extended the length of time they held hands during spells. She just had no idea what to do next.

Then there’d been the day she’d refused Tara’s gift of her grandmother’s crystal; her friend’s hurt had been painful to see. She’d compounded the injury by declining Tara’s offer to do spells with it later that night in order to hang with Buffy and Xander. She’d seen the wretchedness in Tara’s body language as she had rushed off. She’d almost called after her then.

And that night with the other Scoobies, well, that had been as close to a disaster as anything they’d ever been involved in, at least anything that didn’t involve demons or the end of the world. It had hurt to have Buffy bring the Initiative guys to a night that was supposed to be just the three of them – plus Anya, of course, who was as annoying as ever. That she was feeling miserable over hurting Tara hadn’t helped the evening either.

Then everything had ended quickly and she was left alone.

Was it any wonder that she’d ended up standing in front of Tara’s door?

She’d thought that the explanation she’d given then would be sufficient, but once inside Tara had been so sympathetic that she’d vented her anger over her friends and ended up in tears held in her blonde friend’s arms. And Tara had simply held her while she cried. Until she’d looked up into the blue eyes to apologize. Then soft lips had touched her forehead, her cheeks, the tip of her nose, and after a moment’s hesitation, they’d brushed her lips. They’d held each other then, and talked until the sun rose.

It had been such a little thing, but when Tara had offered the crystal again she hadn’t hesitated.

The two of them had been silly, giddily awkward even, when they next saw one another that evening. It had been Tara again who had taken the lead, who had admitted to thinking about their time together all day. “That last spell we did” was how she had phrased it. And that had somehow released them. After failing to contact Thespia, Willow had reached out and pulled the blonde close. She’d spent the night again curled up in Tara’s arms, kissing and being kissed until her body hummed with delicious frustration.

It was humming that way now. Willow smiled and glanced over at Tara as she walked close beside her, their shoulders just brushing as they held hands. And she wasn’t entirely surprised to meet those blue eyes looking back at her.

“W-what?”

“Noth…...” Willow stopped herself, not wanting to fib, and turned to face her …what? Friend didn’t seem entirely accurately any more. “Can I tell you later?”

“Sure.” Tara agreed. Her lips quirked in a half-smile. Willow felt her heart lurch and wondered exactly how much emotion the blonde was feeling from her.

As they resumed walking, Willow found herself grateful that the campus was relatively far away. The walk was giving her time to think.

She’d never expected to have a reason to feel grateful to Faith. Although that wasn’t exactly it. It was more that she was grateful because of Faith. Without the evil Slayer’s return, she and Tara wouldn’t have needed to perform the Nether Realms spell. Because Faith came back, she’d found a way to express to Tara how much she meant to her. How much she loved having someone who was just … hers. And Tara had confirmed that she was. For that alone she should feel grateful. But last night had entailed so much more.

She’d gifted Tara with her trust honestly and completely. “And hopefully – let’s not forget the hopefully!” She gave herself a mental nudge to stay honest. She had hoped that in the spell’s aftermath that the two of them would, at the very least, end up back in one another’s arms. That seemed likely, given that spells involving Ayala bordered on the dark magicks. That type of spell always came with a price.

She’d know that reclaiming her body after tracing Buffy through the Nether Realms would be intensely physical. She had expected her body would be cold and sluggish when her essence returned to it, as would be true if it were only astral projection. But this spell was much more. She’d figured it might actually hurt to come back, as the price of this particular spell.

Except it hadn’t been like that at all.

Last night, before they’d even started, Tara had tried to explain. Given time, Willow didn’t doubt, she’d have explained everything. But she had wanted to hurry, wanted to help Buffy. So she’d simply given Tara her trust – and they’d begun.

It had been beautiful, sensual – probably the most sensual thing she’d ever done. As her essence left her body there had been a near absence of sensation, just her spirit-eyes following the faint trail that was Buffy/Faith. She passed through the door Ayala had opened and Tara had entered her body in her absence. Had held her, had anchored her and more. Tara had breathed for her, had kept her blood flowing, her heart beating, until she returned with a gasp into warmth and love … and passion.

It was a blur, mostly, as her soul reacquainted itself with her body. Pleasure had throbbed through her as Tara loved her back into being. And she’d been oh, so willing to accept that loving. It had filled all her empty places. She’d felt so complete in Tara’s hands.

Now, as she walked across the quad, holding hands with the blonde witch, she did remember pain of a sort.

It had been after. They’d had to separate after making the katra. She’d grabbed up some of the clothes she’d left behind (with hopeful anticipation) on a previous visit, and scooted out the door just ahead of Tara. They’d dashed down the hall to shower and change. She remembered feeling achy and nauseous while alone in the shower stall. But when they’d finished she’d tucked her hand in the blonde’s elbow and all was well with the world again. They’d headed off to Giles’, saved Buffy so that she could save the parishioners and kick Faith’s butt, and now ….

She hung back, fidgeting, as Tara fitted the key into the lock. Now what?

Edited by: Triscuit7 at: 10/13/02 8:30:06 am

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:06 am 
I'll give a big DITTO to what Aimee just said. ;)

I'm really liking this, already and I can't wait for the next update. Will it be soon? :)

Thank you,

Jen

-----------------------------------

"Alyson Hannigan is a frickin' amazing kisser."Amber Benson
Mi corazon perdido en ti...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:06 am 
Gotta agree with Jen and Aimee. Good stuff. Updates are nice, but I'm patient.

-----------------
Oh, trusty soda machine. I push you for root beer, you give me coke.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:36 am 
i concur in spades. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:48 am 
Hey,

great idea. I always wondered why they never followed up about Tara's violence problem.

Loved it.

-Will

"Hear that baby? You're my always."

"well, you know, when you play a lesbian witch you've gotta get killed in this fun kind of exciting way, so the heart was the way to go..."

"we have the most amazing fans though they LOVE us."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 8:52 am 
Your description of the flaming o spell, and how it affected Willow was really well written.

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:14 am 
Oh wow :) This is really cool I hope you're going to write more :)

----------------------

'I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad..it's depressing' - Tara

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:47 am 
Hi all, and thanks!

ExtraFlamey/Aimee, Jenpurr, Thanatopsis, No Birthday Cake, and Little M ---- since I'm practicing insomnia tonight, I'm updating shortly (2 Slayers, no waiting!)

Willntlover - it just seemed so clear to me that Tara has issues with violence when it involves someone she loves. And of course, she was hiding the questions she really wanted to ask behind that one: are we going to (can we) do "that" again and do you love me?

Mollyig - I love watching Willow and Tara do that spell. So beautiful, so sensual. And then Willow makes that little sobbing noise at the end. Makes my heart go pitterpat...thud. The carryover effect just seemed a natural outcome to the spell, as did their wondering what would happen next.....

Glad y'all enjoyed it. Now let's see if I can figure out how to post the next bit by myself.

I brought marshmallows!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:53 am 
I think this next bit is R-rated, maybe verging on NC-17. If you're not of age, you should skedaddle.....

Chapter 2 – Filling Up and Spilling Over

“You’re sure you don’t mind?”

“Uh-unh.” Tara shook her head for added emphasis and reluctantly released Willow’s hand to unlock her door. The loss of contact was almost painful. She closed her eyes to recover the feeling of Willowness and pushed open the door to her room. She heard Willow sigh as she ghosted past.

“I’m glad, because I don’t feel very Buffy-friendly right now. Not that I’m Buffy-hostile or anything, but with Faith being Buffy and going off to visit Riley and, well, she’s such a skank that I just know she boinked him. And he wouldn’t know it wasn’t Buffy. I mean, I didn’t know and I’m her best friend. And, and, ...”

Tara closed the door as she listened to Willow babble.

“….and, she’s going to be really, really cranky when she finds out that Riley didn’t know it was Faith in her body and, well, I just don’t want to listen to her about that. Am I a bad friend for that?” Willow wondered.

“No, you’re not.” She reassured the redhead and turned the lock. “You’re a very g….”

“And besides, I want to be here with you.”

She froze, arms crossed over her chest.

“What happened last night …. I’ve never felt …. With Oz ....” She shook her head, tried again. “How much of that was …. damn.” She sighed, frustrated at her inability to tell Tara what she wanted. Tara felt her soul being searched as the green eyes examined her face. What she found seemed to give Willow courage. “I want to feel that way again, Tara.”

Willow’s words released her, and she caught up the small hands in her own broader ones. Brought them up, brushed her lips over their knuckles. “Y-you’re sure?”

“Yes.” The green eyes were deep pools now, and a slight smile hovered on the broad mouth.

And even if the spell residue had dissipated right then, Tara would have known that it was true.

Gently she cupped Willow’s face and pulled her girlfriend close. She felt the smile dissolve as she pressed their lips together, felt Willow’s lips part beneath her own. Felt Willow’s tongue meet hers and squelched a giggle. It was such a friendly tongue, always peeking out from between the strawberry lips when Willow smiled, laughed, or just concentrated hard on something.

She moaned as Willow took control and pulled her even tighter to her body, caressing her sides and back, slipping under her white pullover. She echoed Willow’s whimper as they made contact with her skin. She broke their kiss and let her lips trail over Willow’s jawline onto her neck. She began to kiss and gently nibble Willow’s flesh.

Willow arched into her embrace, tangling a hand in her hair and pulling her mouth tight against her throat. “Oh, gods, Tara.”

“Like that, hmmm?” Her voice was a low murmur, and she pulled free enough to continue loving Willow’s neck.

“Remind. Me. Later. Story.” Willow gasped as she nibbled her way along.

“Shhhh, no talking.” Tara admonished and licked the hollow at the base of the redhead’s throat. And found that she could make Willow growl.

Willow pulled her face up and began to kiss her, the redhead’s hands wandering over – and under – the pullover as her lips explored her face and mouth.

Tara stroked her own hands over Willow’s slender body, enjoying the contrast between the fuzziness of the sweater, the tighter weave of the t-shirt and the silky smoothness of her belly beneath it all.

As Tara’s hands explored beneath Willow’s shirt, her lover pulled back slightly to allow her access. Green eyes watched as she stroked her hands up over the ribcage. Tara parted her lips as Willow arched into the caress, and her thumbs stroked the nipples through the bra’s fabric. She leaned her head forward and lightly licked Willow’s lips.

“Clothes. Off.” Willow breathed, as Tara began nibbling her neck again.

“Vixen.” She whispered into her girlfriend’s ear. As her tongue traced its rim she pushed the sweater off Willow’s shoulders. Her lips closed on an earlobe and she sucked gently as she slowly pulled the t-shirt up over the redhead’s breasts. Fingers found the closure of the bra and she unhooked it. Lightly raking her nails over the smooth back she brought her hands forward and under the now loose fabric. Tara sighed as her hands closed over the woman’s breasts.

“Off!” Willow squirmed, trying to twist her way out of the shirt and bra.

“Lift your hands, sweetie.” Her voice was hoarse, nearly unrecognizable. As the redhead obeyed, she pushed the clothing up higher and leaning close caught one of the freed nipples in her mouth.

“Nnnnnh!”

The moan was deep, and she echoed it. Willow stood quivering, back arched, as she sucked on the small piece of flesh. The hands had come down to pull her mouth tight and fabric now covered the top of her head. It didn’t matter as she tugged and sucked and licked. She could feel the pleasure she was giving rebound and groaned softly. She shifted her mouth to the other breast, gently fingering the saliva-wet nipple that she’d abandoned. With difficulty she forced herself to think past the moment, and pulling Willow with her, she slowly began backing up.

As she felt the edge of the bed on the backs of her calves she released the nipple and pushed the clothing up over Willow’s head. Willow-hands pulled her forward into another deep kiss where their tongues met. She tucked her fingers into the waistband of Willow’s green pants and played with the softness of her belly there. Trembled with her as her hands caused the muscles there to quiver. She undid the buttons and reluctantly pulled her mouth away from Willow’s. Sinking back onto the bed, she dragged the pants and undies over Willow’s hips and down to her ankles.

“You are so beautiful,” she sighed, gazing at Willow’s nude body. She leaned forward to nuzzle Willow’s breasts, her belly, her…..

And was stopped. Tara felt Willow-fingers tighten on her shoulder and looked up into her lover’s face. Cheeks flushed, green eyes heavy-lidded, lips parted, Willow breathed in soft pants, unable to speak. Tara lifted a questioning eyebrow and felt a smile tug at her lips at the sight of Willow wordless.

The sweet mouth worked silently, then finally squeaked, “Damn.” Her eyes closed. “Can’t think with you doing …..” She swallowed hard, and finally managed, “Clothes. You’re still wearing them.”

“Mmmmm, I am, aren’t I?”

“I want you out of them.”

“Oh.” Tara chuckled and ran her fingernails over the backs of Willow’s thighs. “Is that all you want?” She grinned as her caress made Willow sway.

“Oh, gods no!” Willow captured one of her hands and held it away from them. “But it’s a start.”

Tara gestured with her free hand. “So – how should we do this, sweetie? I’m going to need both hands to undress, and I don’t want to let go of you. Or you could do it while I do ...” she gave Willow a lascivious smile and gazed hungrily at Willow’s breasts, “… other things.”

Willow grinned down at her, “Oh no, no letting go. But … but I can’t do anything with you doing other things.” Her brow furrowed. “It didn’t seem this complicated last night.”

She chuckled. “Ummm, you were pretty oblivious to details then. And your blouse buttoned down. And the camisole wasn’t much of a hindrance. The skirts were the easiest though; you just lifted your hips and…..”

“So, you’re saying you had your way with me, eh?” Willow narrowed her eyes. “Well, I think turn about is fair play. Why don’t you just let me undress you? Without you, uh, distracting me?”

“But I like distracting you.”

“Later.” Willow thought a moment. “Okay, more sooner than later, but promise?”

“I promise.” She forced herself to be satisfied with watching Willow step out of her clogs and the clothing that had puddled around her ankles. Her breasts bobbed fetchingly as she kicked the stuff out of her way.

“What are you grinning at?”

Tara shook her head, unwilling to share the image of bobbing breasts with their owner. She just cocked her head and said slyly, “I have boots on.”

I brought marshmallows!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:11 am 
I love the image of them being double eights. That's just so lovely, almost like a never-ending circling. Yep, that's how I'd like to see their connection.

And woo...hands on the backs of thighs. That one'll stay with me all day. Thanks. ;)

----------
What kind of lesbians are you? You love men so much...go love men!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:33 am 
Luckily I am of age, and therefore did not have to skedaddle!

Wonderful description of the growing intimacy they're sharing.

Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:36 am 
wow, i really like this! :D I think it's always interesting to know, what is going through their minds. Can't wait for more!

Oh baby, want me to rub your tummy? She likes it when I ... stop explaining things.

Hi, um Tara..how are you? well...I was wondering maybe you want to go out some time...for coffee? food? Kisses and gay love?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:18 pm 
Triscuit,

I love those early fics that explore Willow's and Tara's first steps in their relationship. As far as I'm concerned, you're totally on the money about how quickly they got physical.

As I was reading the first bit, I was almost wishing you would have taken the long route and shown us what happened, and there you go and give us detailed action in this second bit. Yay!

I can tell this fic is moving in the right direction. :lol

Loved the Willow babble, it breaks up the action quite well and helps us picture Willow and Tara in the scene. I can't imagine her not babbling in those important moments :grin

Looking forward to more,

Murasaki

Edited by: Murasaki S  at: 7/3/02 5:38:42 am

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:55 pm 
I loved the first two parts. You write their thoughts really well. The legos thing was really cute. :grin

--Michelle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:01 pm 

Great fic. I love reading about what went on between W/T that we never got to see but knew was happening. Can't wait for an update!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:39 pm 
Just adding a Woo and Hoo!! I too enjoy these early fics which delve into the endless possibilities of what may have happened!

And Lego? An interesting analogy which really works!!

M

Post subject: The River in Me
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:54 pm 
I Love this fic. You did a great job. :) I hope to see more updates soon. You Rock!

Much Love,

Lisa

This is our Last Embrace, Must I dream and Always see your face.~ Jeff Buckley "Last goodbye"

Post subject: Re: The River in Me
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:23 pm 
Sorry to be repeat-o gal, but, I LOVED this update. WOW... that was very hot and beautiful. The growing of passion and a non-shy Tara. :drool :love Lovely!

Thank you.

I'm very much so, looking forward to more. ;)

Jen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:41 pm 
Oh yes, loved this. All of it.

More please!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:26 pm 
Oh I love this fic too. Very sensual, I love this line "Tara lifted a questioning eyebrow and felt a smile tug at her lips at the sight of Willow wordless."

hahah wordless willow.. only Tara can do that. I like your style of writing it creates an nice intimacy. If I have any suggestions it is to introduce and extra space between paragraphs and each line of diaulogue. It makes for easier reading :)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Willow: (to Tara) I could heal.

Tara: (to Willow)And we’re gone.

Post subject: The River in Me - Chapter 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:03 am 
DEFINITELY NC-17. Uh-huh. All little kittens must leave.

Chapter 3 – In These Shoes?

“Boots?” She looked into the deep blue eyes.

“Uh-huh,” Tara grinned lopsidedly, “the ones with the laces.”

She looked down at Tara’s feet and frowned. “It took you five minutes this morning to tie those.”

“U-u-usually, i-if I-I’m wearing p-pants I only lace them part way,” the blonde stuttered uncertainly.

Willow bent quickly, before the blonde could duck away, and kissed her on the nose. “Shhh, sweetie, I was just thinking too hard.” She kissed Tara’s forehead. “Thinking out loud.” She kissed one eyebrow, “devising a stratagem ...” kissed the other, “… a plan.” She licked Tara’s lips, felt them part, felt Tara’s tongue greet hers.

The blonde pulled back slightly and whispered into her mouth, “A good plan?”

She smiled against the warm lips and whispered back, “A very good plan. A plan beyond all plans. The bestest of plans. One that will get your boots off and you to lift your hips.”

“I like this plan. It sounds very, very good,” Willow knelt and sat back on her heels as Tara spoke, “Except…..”

“Except what, sweetie?” She leaned forward again, brow furrowed in concern.

“Except the view is much less good now.” One eyebrow lifted, Tara continued, “Standing you were…,” she dropped her head slightly and looked up coquettishly, “positioned perfectly. I could kiss your breasts, your belly. I could even slide my tongue….”

Eyes closed, enjoying the image, Willow nonetheless squeezed the other woman’s hand in warning.

“I mean, I didn’t get to last night. All I had was Willow-sicle, and….” Tara lifted her fingers and mimed licking them, “…and while that was very nice….”

“Stop. Distracting. Me.” Breathing heavily, Willow caught up Tara’s other hand. “No more images.” She gazed into the grinning face inches from her own. “Who would have guessed my girlfriend had a smutty mouth?”

“S’not smutty. It’s all good, all natural ….”

“And very tasty.” Willow interrupted, and kissed her again long and deep, sliding her tongue in and out alongside Tara’s. She released the hands, which returned to cupping her head, tangling and pulling her hair gently, and slid her own under the blonde’s pullover. Which alas also had no buttons, and so no easy access to the soft treasure beneath. “Damn.”

“Mmmm, I don’t think those are my boo …,” Tara gasped as Willow stroked her fingers over the fabric of her bra, “..oots,” she finished with a sigh.

“Shhhhhh.” She slid both hands up under the bra and lifted it and the pullover up over Tara’s shoulders and head in one motion. Tossing them aside she watched Tara’s hair cascade down over her neck and shoulders. Silver blonde and honey blonde it shimmered in the glow from the fairy lights.

The spell residue was unnecessary for Willow to feel Tara’s innate awkwardness emerging. She caught up Tara’s hands as the blonde started to cross her arms over her breasts, as she started to hunch her shoulders. Kissing them, she said simply, “Hold me, sweetie.”

“O-o-okay.” Suddenly hesitant, Tara complied.

“Hold me,” Willow repeated more firmly. She gently began coaxing the vixen back with little kisses. On her lips, cheeks, jawline. Nibbled her ears. She slid her hands over Tara’s naked back and pulled her close, and as their breasts touched she felt Tara toss her head back, and bent her lips to the blonde’s neck.

She felt her insides melt as Tara’s pulse fluttered against her lips. With a whimper that she heard Tara echo, she abandoned the blonde’s neck. She couldn’t trust herself to be gentle there, not now when Tara needed to feel reassured. Not while she was apparently channeling her evil twin.

Maybe later.

“Beautiful,” she repeated and kissed Tara’s collarbones instead, “And mine.” She dragged her lips over the creaminess of Tara-breasts.

“Yessss,” Tara hissed and wound her hands in Willow’s hair.

Willow let her lips part as they found a nipple, cupped it with her tongue. Fluttering her tongue against it, her hands in constant motion over the blonde’s back, she could feel the shoulder and back muscles shift and tighten as Tara arched and strained against her tongue.

“Oh Willow, yesss.”

And Willow knew that she could do just this for hours. Days even. She’d never tire of the honeysuckle scent of Tara’s skin; she’d never tire of Tara’s breasts. The nipples were small, hard, the mauve-purple-y color of the skin of a ripe peach. Centered on the creamy mound it was like eating peaches and cream. Like loving summer itself. She moaned – she was giving herself images now - and shifted to the other breast, the other nipple. Almost reluctantly she slid a hand from Tara’s back to her freed breast and used her fingertips and short nails to tease the sensitive nub of flesh.

She pushed back into Tara’s hands. Panting she looked up into the blonde’s face and saw desire and love for her in the heavy-lidded blue eyes.

“D-d-don’t s-stop.” Tara’s lips trembled as she spoke, but she stroked an errant red curl off Willow’s face.

“You. Are. So. Beautiful. Tara. Maclay.” Reassurance spoken again, Willow allowed her mouth to be pulled toward the breasts again. Tara arched again into her tongue’s caress. Anchored by the blonde’s hands, Willow dropped her own hands to the boots. Now, the only issue was whether Willow the klutz was sufficiently coordinated to untie laces with her fingers while her tongue and lips did other things. For the first time that day, she wished that the spell residue wasn’t present. It was damned hard to concentrate on laces and leather when the pleasure she was giving Tara shivered her own muscles. Her brain felt like it was melting and puddling between her knees - except she was reasonably certain that it wasn’t brain juice that was ....

Damn it, she just needed a little of her normal brain function to do this. She pulled her head back, and thinking she was shifting again, Tara permitted her. Lips and tongue playing with the blonde’s chest and midriff, she found the end of one of the laces and untied the bow, then the other. And fortunately neither was double tied.

The most difficult portion of the boot removal accomplished, Willow fastened her lips again to one of Tara’s nipples and returned to the rapid lick and flutter combination that from the blonde’s incoherencies she so obviously enjoyed.

“Nnngh, mmmmmm.”

Tara clutched her closer as she gently began applying her teeth too to the pleasuring of the blonde’s breasts. Willow bit the soft creamy flesh, sucking gently, and began loosening the laces of the right boot. She pulled the sides open and slid her hands down within the black leather until her fingertips reached Tara’s ankle. Lightly caressing the soft skin over the anklebones, she slid her hands up to the calf, tickling where the boot top ended.

“Willow,” Tara giggled breathlessly and released her head.

“What?” Willow asked huskily, “You aren’t enjoying my plan?” And very deliberately she slipped her hands up the length of Tara’s leg, to her knee and then her thigh, watching as Tara’s eyes unfocused and her lips parted – knowing that her own face mirrored that expression. She heard herself moan as the blonde opened her legs as far as the skirt would allow. And somehow she stopped before her hands slid upwards past the lower edges of the silk boxers she’d seen Tara put on this morning.

They stared breathlessly at one another for a moment, then Willow smiled as she slid her hands back down Tara’s leg.

“Tease.” Tara’s low voice was almost unrecognizable.

“Me?” Willow tried to put on an innocent face and failed. “Well, maybe,” she conceded. “Besides, you have two, and I don’t want to neglect the other.” She paused. “I don’t want to neglect anything.” She began again with the left boot, and while she expected Tara’s reaction to be less, it wasn’t. Which meant, of course, hers wasn’t either. Looking into the blue eyes, her hands resting on either side of Tara’s thigh, a handsbreadth away from her ultimate goal, she was suddenly aware that their bodies were once again perfectly in sync. Every exhalation, every heartbeat.

The feeling of oneness was so total that she startled when Tara touched her on the lips with her fingertips.

“I trust you.”

And it was Willow’s turn to duck her head, embarrassed by Tara’s gift. The blonde understood, and except for playing with her hair, let her return to the boots which finally thudded to the floor. Sliding her hands up beneath the skirt, Willow sought Tara’s lips with her own. It was a gentle kiss, a passionate kiss, but remarkably restrained considering the desire coursing through their bodies.

“Can you stand so I can take your skirt off?”

“I don’t know.” Tara caressed her cheek with her thumb, kissed her lightly. “Can I?” Slowly, carefully she stood up, barefooted, swaying slightly but supported by a hand on Willow’s shoulder.

And Willow’s hands slipped up the legs as Tara stood erect until they came to rest cupping the blonde’s firm buttocks. As her palms pressed against Tara’s smooth skin the boxers’ silk slipped over their backs. She kissed Tara’s tummy right above the skirt’s waistband and drew her hands out from under the skirt. She heard/felt Tara’s whimper as the hands abandoned her. The skirt’s button and zipper combination was not nearly as formidable as the bootlaces.

She caught both the skirt’s waistband and that of the boxers and smoothly pulled them down over Tara’s hips. Gazing up, she found that the blonde had been correct when stating the view was awesome from this position.

Tara’s hands had stopped playing with her hair when she’d pulled the clothing down around her ankles and now the blonde looked down at her. Her smile was hesitant, yet quietly expectant.

“So,” Willow began hoarsely, teasing gently, “my plan, you’ve known it all along?”

“Yes.”

She touched the blonde’s belly with just her fingertips, heard/echoed the sharp intake of breath. Leaning forward she licked the area right beneath Tara’s bellybutton. The fingers on her shoulder tightened their grip and she kissed her hipbones, trailed hot kisses across the soft belly. And then she brushed her lips through the short blonde curls, darker and more uniform in color than that on Tara’s head. She saw dewy moisture beading the curls at the point of the V and flicked out her tongue to taste.

Tara’s hand tightened almost painfully on her shoulder, as the other pressed her head even closer.

Her tongue seeking out more, pushing between Tara’s lips, Willow knew that this was another thing she could do for hours. The now familiar taste and smell of honeysuckle combined with the saltiness of the sea. She made contact then with Tara’s clitoris and the blonde staggered, nearly falling from the intensity of the sensation.

“Noooo!” Tara protested as she stopped.

Held tight against her girlfriend’s pelvis, Willow wanted nothing more than to continue. It took all her willpower to resist long enough to speak one word. “Bed.”

A moment later, Tara settled on the bed and lay back, her hips at the edge of the mattress.

Willow rested her hands on the insides of Tara’s knees, and slowly opened her. Her mouth descended and her tongue reached out, slipping between the slick lips. Pressing her tongue down hard, she slowly licked upward over the entire length of Tara’s center.

Tara clenched her leg muscles and thrust up to her mouth. Each pass of Willow’s tongue made them both moan and tremble. Willow felt Tara lift one foot, stroke its sole over her hip, and slide to her back. The other one soon joined it. She felt the pressure from Tara’s calves increase as the blonde crossed her ankles, and with the additional leverage the blonde thrust her pelvis upwards.

Tongue fluttering, Willow concentrated her attention on the rigid flesh of Tara’s clitoris. A long shudder passed through the blonde and she stiffened, her breathing a low keen as the orgasm shook her. As she started to relax, Willow caught the tender flesh between her lips and sucked hard.

“Willowww!” Tara cried out her pleasure as another orgasm trembled through her.

And Willow wasn’t finished. She slowly began again, this time nuzzling deep within Tara’s moist folds, tonguing deep. She probed the opening to Tara’s vagina, then, oxygen becoming an issue, began licking her lover’s cunt with long, slow strokes. Rocking her hips up and down, the blonde eagerly greeted each soft caress. Moaning, twisting, arching, Tara accepted the gentle torment and demanded more.

The blonde captured Willow’s hands. Interlocking their fingers, Tara tightened her grip and thrust upwards hard. Vision blurring with the intensity of their shared need, Willow redoubled her attention on Tara’s clitoris, until ....

Tara tightened her grip on Willow's hands, alternately stiffening and relaxing as the orgasm thundered through her. Trembling with her own desire, Willow could do nothing more than hold on.

At last, panting, the blonde disentangled a hand and caressed the redhead’s sweaty forehead and her sticky cheeks.

With difficulty Willow lifted her head from its moist pillow and gazed hotly into Tara’s eyes. Her voice thick with emotion and desire, she spoke slowly and carefully.

“I. Like. Your. Boots.”

Edited by: Triscuit7 at: 7/3/02 7:04:59 pm

Post subject: Re: The River in Me - Chapter 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:29 am 
Oh God.... **THUD**

WOW... that was intense. Very intense. :drool

Dude... Now I need to go um.... cool off.... yeah, cool off. ;)

Jen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:29 am 
Um... :grin That actually made me a little dizzy.

Heh... that was really, really good. :)

--------------------------------

"But when they're playing your song on the jukebox in Hell, you might as well dance." - K. Simpson

"Futile... like a FOX, baby!" - Tara in The Late Shift by wiccachica

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:08 am 
Oh god! I...um..awhaa...heh...*thud*

you two are the two who are the two...

I never took us for granted and I always knew you and I are special but I never knew how much I'd miss you... 'Always Everywhere' K's Choice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:11 am 
*THUNK* I think all the blood in my body just rushed to my....ahem...other parts. *FAINT* I'd swoon if I thought I was capable of it. EVIL EVIL Triscuit! :grin

Love is tricky. It is never mundane or daily. You can never get used to it. You have to walk with it, then let it walk with you. You can never balk. It moves you like the tide. It takes you out to sea then lays you on the beach again. Today's struggling pain is the foundation for a certain stride through the heavens. You can run from it but you can never say no. It includes everyone."--Amy Tan "The Hundred Secret Senses"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:31 am 
oh my.

and i have to go to bed after this???

riiiight.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:36 am 
Like loving summer itself I really liked that line . . . very evocative. As was the rest of the story

Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:21 pm 
Re: Chapter 2 responses

Umm, gee, thanks. (Triscuit7 blushing furiously)

Tommo - Backs of thighs, well, if I were in a similar position and in a teasing mood, I do believe that something (err, one of the things) I might be doing. Glad you liked the Legos, too.

Mollyig - Intimacy is one of the things that's so hard to show on film. Fortunately Aly and Amber are great with the subtle acting, so it wasn't too hard for me to go "there".

snuggle79 - Glad you liked my notions of what they might be thinking.

murasaki - Getting physical on the day after the Nether Realms spell just seemed a natural. And Willow-babble, gotta have Willow-babble; no day is complete without it.

pikescoob - Legos, yes, because W and T fit together so well. I'm glad you liked the image.

hush30

Mix

I love the early relationship, too, and I like thinking about how things must have played out between the scenes we got to see. There's just so much goodness in Season 4.

AmberBensonRockzMyWorld

Mike of the Nancy Tribe

Thanks for sharing your pleasure with me (big silly grin).

Jenpurr - oh, yes, hotness - restrained at this point but.....for how long. Not long, I think.

Xita - thanks for taking a look and the suggestion; it's fixed in the later parts. And yes, wordless Willow is such a different idea from babbling Willow, and yet it's just how she'd be, I think.

--------

Chapter 3 Responses

Kittens if you only knew me! Face-to-face I tend to turn scarlet at the slightest mention of sex, a fact that friends and co-workers exploit mercilessly. And sometimes I do it myself. I say something intentionally, blush, and have to run away. Thanks for giving me a safe place to be smutty.

Jennpurr - Honesty here: I was angling for Thuds. Thanks!

Leather Queen - Thanks, but I can't say I'm sorry for making you dizzy....

Areslei - happy, happy, thud, thud.

Kieli - I've gotten 2 thuds and you've raised it by a thunk and a faint - thanks. And concerning evil, just remember what Tara said.

no birthday cake - Thanks. Just be glad you weren't reading this at work... (ohmigods, I just sent someone to bed, he-he, blushes and runs)

Mollyig - Tara to me is summer; Willow is either spring or fall. Thanks for reading.

I brought marshmallows!

Edited by: Triscuit7 at: 7/4/02 6:35:20 am

Post subject: The River in Me - Chapter 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:17 pm 
Triscuit7~ Whoa, That was awsome. It suddenly got REALLY warm in here. You Rock! I LOVE this fic. Please, Write more, soon. :) :grin :love

Much Love,

Lisa

This is our Last Embrace, Must I dream and Always see your face.~ Jeff Buckley "Last goodbye"