The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Awakening The Flame (AU) (Ch.4 posted 7/29/09)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:30 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Title: Awakening The Flame (AU)

Author: xxKhirKhirxx (or Khirsten, whichever you prefer to call me!)

Rating: PG-13 for language right now; possibly a higher rating in the future.

Disclaimer: I don’t own anything; Joss W. and Mutant Enemy do.

Summary: When Tara’s sister Buffy’s best friend from college gets into a bad car accident after a breakup with her boyfriend, Tara invites her to stay with them. Love eventually blossoms between the two.

Spoilers: None, this is totally AU

Angst: A bit, if not now, eventually. Just warning you all :)

Pairing: Willow/Tara

Author’s Note: Although Faith and Buffy are together and have a child, the main focus is indeed Willow and Tara’s relationship. Yay Willow and Tara!!!!

Chapter One: She Loves Aunt Tara Best

“God, T,” a dark brunette with slight curls bouncing over shoulders grumbled. “You have got to be kidding me.”

“What?” she asked innocent.

“You gave my daughter chocolate.”

“Well, now you know why she loves Aunt Tara best,” the blonde woman grinned, her blue eyes twinkling with mischief.

“Buffy is gonna kick your ass, and I’m gonna enjoy watching,” Faith sighed. “Kelsey!”

“Mama,” the child grinned innocently from the doorframe. Her dark hair fell past her shoulders, and her brown eyes twinkled. Faith gave her sister-in-law another glare.

“She got that from you!” she accused, pointing at the five-year-old’s innocently guilty face. Tara just smiled and shrugged.

“K-Kelsey, tell your Mama that she should give you a b-break from all that healthy tofu stuff,” Tara encouraged the girl. Kelsey ran up to Faith and tugged on her shirt.

“Aunt Tara says-”

“I heard,” Faith said, rolling her eyes good-naturedly. “T, I don’t suppose you heard from your sister lately.”

“No,” the blonde said with a frown. Her blue eyes clouded over with sadness. “She s-said her best friend from college got into some sort of a-accident. I told her she could bring her friend here.”

“You got enough room for all of us, T?” Faith asked, surprised. “I know you’re like all hot-shot photographer, and this is a huge house, but… Can you handle another person living here with you?”

“Sure I can Faith,” she laughed, scooping up Kelsey in her arms and tickling her until the tired child rested her head in the crook of her aunt’s neck. “I have two spare rooms and the kitchen is big enough.”

“True,” the brunette sighed. “I’m worried about B; she hasn’t called me since she left two days ago.”

“I t-think she’s been at the hospital; her friend isn’t supposed to be released until this afternoon.”

“God, it sounds like the wreck was bad.”

Tara nodded and swayed with Kelsey in her arms, lulling the girl into a soft sleepy. Faith smiled at the sight, but quickly looked away when she got caught. The sound of Tara’s musical laughter quickly filled the living room of the spacious house.

“Too much of a badass are you?” Tara teased her sister-in-law before asking her to pick up Kelsey’s teddy bear. She tucked her niece in and they gave the girl a kiss on the cheek each before the two girls retired to the kitchen for coffee.

“Any new buyers lately?” Faith asked and gestured to the photographs peeking out from Tara’s work room.

“I sold two; I shipped them out this m-morning,” she grinned in satisfaction. “How’s your martial arts class going?”

“I’m thinking of just teaching grown ups,” the brunette complained. “Kids are too hard to control.”

“You love it,” Tara laughed. Faith rolled her eyes, a small smile playing over her lips.

“Yeah, I blame Kelsey.”

“So, she’ll be starting kindergarten soon,” the blonde sang. Her sister-in-law’s face paled and her fingers gripped the coffee mug a little tighter. Tara made a sympathetic noise and patted her hand lightly. “It’ll be okay.”

“I’m just so… She’s always here you know?” she sighed. “I make her breakfast everyday, and lunch, and sometimes dinner. She’s my baby girl…”

“I know, Faith,” Tara smiled gently. “She’s a big girl now; just don’t let her see you cry when you drop her off because she wants to be a grown up just like you.”

“She said that?” Faith asked quietly.

“Yeah… She did.”

“Damn, I love my baby girl,” the brunette grinned widely, propping her feet up on the kitchen table and changing the subject to Tara’s now ex-girlfriend.

Last edited by xxKhirKhirxx on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Awakening The Flame (AU) (Ch.1 posted 7/12/09)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:38 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I don't know the movie so I will read this story with interest.
It was a shorty start but really nice. I like it. Keep it up

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:40 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

more :pinky more :party more :pinky
RC :kgeek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:15 pm 
2. Floating Rose

viximon - Thank you :D Uh, I'm probably going to sound silly, but what movie?

arsyadriani - Thank you for your enthusiasm :D It's catchy XD I'll hopefully have an update soon :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:44 pm 
2. Floating Rose

ok. You have my undying loyalty. Happy?

Sooo, um in exchange for the whole admiration deal, maybe there could be an update soon?

Seriously though, way to bring some fresh stories into the fandom!

A day without sunlight is, like, y'know, night. - My Friend Courtney

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:50 pm 
2. Floating Rose

quirked_out - Yes very! :D :party And you'll get the update soon :) Hopefully tomorrow, and I hope you like it :) And thanks, that makes my heart happy!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:15 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Sounds like this is going to be a great story ! can't wait for more

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:23 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Uh? It was late at night when I wrote the review...
Ignore me....just update soon :party

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:58 pm 
2. Floating Rose

whatmakesyouhappy - :D Thanks! I hope you continue to like it!

viximon - Heheh, okay, the update is coming in a few minutes!! :D Hope you like it!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:02 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Title: Awakening The Flame

Summary: When Tara’s sister Buffy’s best friend from college gets into a bad car accident after a breakup with her boyfriend, Tara invites her to stay with them. Love eventually blossoms between the two.

Author’s Note: Although Faith and Buffy are together and have a child, the main focus is indeed Willow and Tara’s relationship. Yay Willow and Tara!!!!

Chapter Two: A Willow-Welcome

“Will, she doesn’t mind, I’ve told you that like a million times!” Buffy exclaimed yet again as she shoved her best friend’s things in the backseat of her truck. She looked at the redhead who was once again picking at her cast. Buffy slapped her hand in frustration and hauled her out of the wheelchair into the passenger’s seat.

“Huffy Buffy,” the redhead complained under her breath. It was all in good humor, however; she was very thankful for the offer Buffy’s sister had put on the table. After ending things with her fiancée, Oz, she had decided she needed to leave. Angry, hurt, and confused, she had raced down the highway until another car ran a red light and slammed into her vehicle. Now she had one arm in a cast and stayed in a wheelchair until her broken foot healed.

“Wills, you’ve met Tara when we were younger at camp,” Buffy added, remembering the very first time she met Willow Rosenberg.

“Yeah,” the redhead smiled at the memory.

“The name’s Buffy,” the twelve-year-old blonde introduced herself, shoving her hand toward Willow. She took it shyly, uncertainly.

“I’m Willow,” she said.

“Your parents must hate you, too,” Buffy grinned.

“Why?” the small redhead asked, genuinely confused at her new friend’s statement.

“You’re at Math Camp, Wills,” she said, exasperated. “It’s cool if I call you that right, Wills?”

“Yeah, Buff,” the redhead joked. “And I chose to be here. “I like math.”

“Oh no…,” the blonde whispered. “You’re coming with me and we’re going swimming and reading magazines and eating tons of junk food!”

“But… we have homework…”

“We’ll do it later; come on, you can meet my sister!”

“You have a sister? How old is she?” Willow asked, curious.

“Well, she’s my age silly. Okay, so she’s like… thirty minutes older than I am,” Buffy answered, rolling her eyes. “I didn’t even know her until we were like… four. Long story, but it explains why we have different last names.”

“I’ve always wanted a twin,” the redhead sighed.

“It’s not that much fun,” she said flatly. “Tara! Tara, this is our new friend!”

Willow stopped in her tracks, momentarily dumbfounded by the beautiful twelve-year-old Tara. Her long blonde hair hung in a silky waterfall down her back, and her sapphire eyes sparkled with life. Full lips curved into a shy smile; Willow found her heart racing for no reason she could find. Gulping, she shook Tara’s hand as wonder coursed through her veins at the not-so-subtle electricity flowing from the blonde’s soft skin.

“H-h-h-hello,” she stuttered. Buffy sighed and put her hand softly on her twin’s arm.

“It’s okay, Tare,” the shorter blonde said softly. “Her name is Willow.”

“Willow,” Tara repeated without a stutter, holding Willow’s green eyes with such intensity that the redhead had to look away.

“Tara,” the small redhead said shyly. “Nice to meet you.”

“She’s gonna read magazines with us after we go swimming, then we’re gonna eat tons of junk!” Buffy exclaimed, far more outgoing than her shy twin sister. The older of the two laughed slightly and excused herself to go change.

“I should probably change into mine too,” Willow said, pointing at Cabin 2 just a few feet away from theirs.

“Hurry,” Buffy whined impatiently. “We don’t have all summer!”

Willow would never forget the way Tara’s eyes looked because of that blue bikini she wore, nor how her body looked…

“Earth to Space Cadet Rosenberg!” Buffy called, breaking her out of her memories. “Yeesh, what kind of pain meds are you on?”

“Sorry, I was just remembering Math Camp,” Willow laughed. She hoped Buffy didn’t notice the way she was blushing. Buffy started babbling about how weird it was to meet her in college after so long.

Willow instead took to watching the scenery pass by out of the window of Buffy’s truck, wondering how Tara looked after all these years. Buffy had told her that her twin had gone to a different school and was now a pretty well-known photographer, at least around there.

“She’s pretty much a big deal,” Buffy had added earlier.

Willow sighed, the fuzziness in her head finally fading and giving away to the pain she’d been avoiding in her entire body. The petite blonde handed her a soda and the pain medication that they’d stored in Buffy’s purse earlier. The redhead took it gratefully and slept until they were nearly there.

“Whoa,” she breathed softly, “it’s so amazing!”

“Yeah, Tare’s done pretty well for herself,” Buffy grinned, pride lacing every word. “She’s been housing Faith and me since Kelsey was turning born.”

“How did Faith lose all that baby weight, Buff?” Willow joked. Buffy rolled her eyes; she knew exactly what her friend was implying but chose to ignore it. “How’s Kelsey? I haven’t seen her since she was four!”

“She just turned five a month ago, gonna start kindergarten soon… Our little girl,” the blonde sighed. “Faith’s pretty upset that we’re going to drop her off and leave her there.”

“It’s just school,” she laughed. “How’s Faith liking her martial arts class?”

“She complains about it, but everyone knows she loves it,” her friend nodded. “How are you, Willow “owns everything in the freaking world” Rosenberg, doing?”

“It’s just a software company, Buff,” the redhead replied, rolling her eyes. “I have all my earnings in the bank now, for a rainy day or something… I haven’t used much since Oz… The stupid man. He cheated on me and broke my heart and I hope he gets eaten by like a werewolf or something!”

“Whoa, Will, calm down, breathe… Everyone knows werewolves don’t exist,” Buffy joked. Willow didn’t see the humor; she just looked down at her cast. “I know…”

“I know you do,” she said softly.

“We’re here!”

“Willow!” cried a tiny voice. The redhead looked up to see a small girl racing toward her with a large grin on her face.

“Kelsey, hey, look at you, Big Girl!” she said, twirling the mini-Faith around to see how much she’s grown. “Your hair is very pretty; did your mama put that bow in your hair?”

“Nope, I did it all by myself!” Kelsey said proudly, hugging Willow as best as she could while Buffy went to get her wheelchair.

“Kelsey, let Red breathe,” Faith admonished lightly. “Hey Red, how’re you doing? I heard about the accident.”

“I’m all right, I guess,” she shrugged. Faith helped Buffy with the wheelchair while Kelsey went to get Willow the card she drew her. The redhead sighed in contentment and looked up at the gorgeous house she would be staying at for a while.

“Welcome to my place, Willow,” said a familiar voice. The redhead looked away from the house to meet the sapphire eyes she remembered so well from Math Camp…

“Hello Tara.”

Post subject: Re: Awakening The Flame (AU) (Ch.2 posted 7/14/09)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:14 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

I'm hooked ! like how the story is flowing going to be great

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:22 pm 
2. Floating Rose

whatmakesyouhappy - Yay!! I'm so glad you like it!!! I'm also going to try to work on making the next update longer :kgeek I hope you continue to like this story :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:13 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

wooo hooo.. :pinky update :pinky
hope you update this fic frequently :blush
RC :kgeek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:47 pm 
2. Floating Rose

arsyadriani - Glad you liked it! :party I hope I do too :) I like writing it, and I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:26 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Oh, so they knew each other already (though only briefly)
Interesting. THey both are sucsessful women. Cool and hot.
Wills is already at Tara's home. yay, things are gonna get lively there with the 5 gals around.
Update soon ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:30 am 
2. Floating Rose

viximon - Thank you!! :D I hope to get another update by tomorrow night :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:09 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Chapter Three:

“Hello,” Tara smiled. She immediately recognized the redhead but couldn’t bring herself to get the name past her lips. Willow was going to live with her for who knew how long. “How are you feeling?”

“Like poo,” the redhead sighed as Faith shoved her into her wheelchair. “Watch it, Faith, jeeze!”

“Sorry Red,” Faith smirked. “I was testing your reflexes.”

“Yes, well they work.”

Tara laughed softly and scooped up Kelsey as her parents helped Willow into the house. Buffy had said something about Willow owning a software company now. Her blue eyes danced along the cast encasing Willow’s right arm.

That must be hard for her, Tara mused, thinking of Willow’s legendary love of computers.

“How was Kelsey?” she heard Buffy asked. The little girl grinned and shared a look with her aunt.

“Uh oh, Aunt Tara… Do you think we’re gonna get in trouble?”

“Probably,” the blonde chucked in amusement. “How about you go hide in your room and I’ll get you when it blows over.”

As soon as the little girl ran to her room, Tara heard Buffy gasp. Frustrated footsteps echoed down the hall as Willow called after Tara’s twin. The taller blonde was waiting, leaning against the counter with a smirk on her face.

“Tare… you gave our daughter chocolate,” Buffy stated.

“Yes.”

“You know we don’t give her candy!”

“She’s a kid, Buffy,” Tara sighed, a ghost of a smile still on her face. “She’s going to get it sooner or later.”

“She’s only five!” Buffy sputtered. This time, Tara couldn’t help the laughter that bubbled from within.

“We’re not talking about sex; we’re talking about candy,” she pointed out, leaving her sister to roll her eyes and jump into her arms, giving her a big hug.

“I missed you, Tare,” her sister said seriously. “Will can complain when she wants to.”

“It was only two days,” Tara reminded her, making Buffy roll her eyes.

“Two days was a long time.”

“Oh, so it wasn’t me you missed! It was sex with Faith!”

“T!” Faith called warningly as she heard Willow erupt into giggles.

The older blonde smiled in satisfaction and gave her sister another hug. Tara looked out of the window to the gray sky outside; it would rain soon which always made her happy. Buffy and Faith would call her childish when she went out to play in the rain, sometimes taking Kelsey. She wondered if the overprotective mom team would let her take Kelsey out today…

“Speaking of that,” Faith said in a low voice, sliding her arms around Buffy’s waist. “T, do you mind watching the kids?”

“K-kids?”

Faith jerked her thumb toward Willow and raised an eyebrow. Tara nodded as Buffy shrieked in excitement, racing toward their room. The blonde sighed into the empty house, hearing it echo off the walls, until the sound of a rolling wheelchair started to fill the void.

“Damn wheels,” she heard the redhead grumble while she tried to make it to the kitchen where Tara was sitting. The blonde couldn’t help the smile that tugged at the corners of her lips.

“Aunt Tara, Mommy’s ignoring me,” Kelsey whined, appearing in the chair beside her.

“No, she just hasn’t seen your Mama in a long time. They’re…,” Tara broke off to search for a word appropriate for her niece.

“They’re playing checkers,” she heard Willow’s voice after the sounds of the wheelchair had stopped. Kelsey’s big brown eyes turned to look into Tara’s.

“Why can’t I play checkers too?”

“It’s only a two person game, sweetie,” Tara answered, lifting the small girl into her lap. “Besides, we can sneak candy while they’re busy.”

“Do you have any candy, Willow?” Kelsey asked excitedly. The redhead looked to Tara in confusion. Tara’s eyes sparkled with amusement as Willow pretended to search her person.

“No, sorry, Kels, ask your aunt,” Willow answered wickedly. Tara narrowed her eyes playfully and plopped the girl in Willow’s lap, sending a triumphant smirk her way, before she turned to go through the cabinets to find Faith’s contraband candy.

“Kelsey, don’t pull Willow’s hair; that’s not nice,” the blonde warned with her back still turned to them.

“How do you do that?” Kelsey pouted, letting go of Willow’s curls nevertheless.

“Magic,” she answered before slipping a Hershey bar into her small hands. “And this is magically delicious!”

“I thought that was Lucky Charms,” Willow pointed out. The blonde shook her head, her eyes, dancing, were trained on Willow’s swirling green ones.

“No, those are only magically delicious for redheads with green eyes in casts, stereotypical leprechaun-lovers and all,” Tara teased, ignoring how her heart fluttered at the light blush that now coated Willow’s pale cheeks.

Kelsey ran to the living room to watch cartoons, leaving Tara with a quiet Willow. The blonde put her hand on the software company owner’s arm. Sparks of… something… danced up from her hand. Blue eyes met green. Willow’s eyes fluttered closed as she sighed, Tara watching as the redhead’s long fingers ran themselves through her short curls.

“I’m sorry, it’s just… my ex was very leprechaun-y,” Willow said with a slight smile. “His name was Oz.”

A twinge of disappointment flashed through Tara before she buried it quickly. Bury the sparks and they won’t erupt into flames. The blonde nodded, smiling too.

“One of my exes was… leprechaun-y too,” Tara laughed lightly. “Her name was Tawny.”

“Her?” the redhead asked quietly. Tara’s face grew serious as she studied Willow’s reaction.

“Yeah, I’m gay, Willow,” she said just as softly. “If that’s a problem… I’m sorry…”

Tara went to leave before Willow quickly maneuvered the wheelchair to block her exit. She looked at her sister’s best friend with a slightly raised eyebrow as Willow blushed again. The redhead fidgeted with her hands before looking back up into Tara’s eyes.

“No, not at all, I’m sorry, I just… I wasn’t expecting that you know? I don’t know why I would be assuming anything because I haven’t seen you since we were twelve, and well… I guess I don’t really know you or anything, but I would like to change that maybe? Since I’m going to be living here for a while and all…?”

Tara smiled as Willow finally paused to take a breath, looking up at her expectantly.

“Of course, Willow,” she said softly, stepping around the wheelchair and going to watch cartoons with Kelsey.

“Hey, I wanna watch Spongebob!” Willow called as she finally made it to the living room.

“Okay Willow,” Kelsey said from her place snuggled against Tara’s side. “But only after this episode of Avatar!”

Post subject: Re: Awakening The Flame (AU) (Ch.3 posted 7/18/09)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:19 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Oz leprechaun-y ha ha ha. That was really good. Funny and true
First steps around each other are rather adorable. I like it.
Buffy & Faith bunny-like feast sound so like them too.
I'm trying to say, I love the story so far.
Plus this last chap was a bit longer and I enjoyed ittwice the lengh
Keep it up and update soon :peace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:22 pm 
2. Floating Rose

viximon - Heheh, thank you so much!!! :) I hope you like the next chapter as well :D Thank you again for leaving feedback! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:57 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I love the story and I demand more! :smash Its freakin wonderfully fantastic scrappy! :whip

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:56 pm 
2. Floating Rose

funky - Haha thanks Scooby :) This one's for youuu, hope you like it :)

Chapter Four: The First Vestiges

“Nice to see you, um, all cast-less,” Tara quipped as a now free Willow walked through the front door, grimacing slightly.

“Yeah, she complained the whole way there and back,” Buffy sighed. “Where’s Faith?”

“She went to the studio,” the taller blonde answered with a ghost of a laugh. “She said she was going to teach Kelsey how to defend herself against little boys.”

“She… You’re kidding, Tare.”

Tara shook her head at her twin sister before looking at the silent Willow. The redhead seemed more concentrated on trying to walk correctly to the kitchen table to sit down. Her face had an adorable flush of indignation and her green eyes bore holes in the poor chair. Blue eyes met green, twinkling in silent amusement, but neither of them said a word. Buffy excused herself to go to the studio.

“Faith is going to kill me,” Tara laughed. Willow, finally reaching her destination, laughed a little.

“I think Buffy is going to kill her first. Why is she teaching Kelsey to fight?”

“A little boy pushed her off the swing set,” the blonde shrugged.

“Aw, poor Kelsey,” Willow cooed as Tara placed a soda in front of her. She shot the blonde girl a look before smiling, placing her hand on Tara’s in thanks.

Shocks of electricity shot through both women as they looked into each other’s eyes. Tara’s heart skipped and fell, landing somewhere in the pit of her stomach. Willow watched the slight blush coating the blonde’s cheeks and smiled widely, squeezing the soft hand beneath hers and withdrawing it reluctantly. Tara turned to busy herself in the kitchen and cleared her throat.

“So Willow… What would you like for dinner?”

“And so B comes barging in and scoops Kelsey up just like that in the middle of a session,” Faith complained, stabbing at her macaroni meal, Willow’s choice.

“She’s five!” Buffy complained. “And she hadn’t even done her homework!”

“She’s five,” the brunette mimicked. “Buffy, what kind of homework can she possibly have right now? Coloring?”

“She should be good for a while,” Tara cut in. “I already taught her the alphabet and stuff.”

“See B?” she said, winking at the older blonde.

“Well she still needs to do it, Faith,” Buffy sighed. “Education comes first.”

“B, some little boy pushed her off the swing set. She can’t learn if she gets the sense knocked out of her…”

“She’ll be fine,” Willow interjected to both of her friends. “Kelsey’s a smart girl, she’ll find a balance.”

Silence and a brief peace in the argument fell over the table as they finished their simple dinner. Tara took this time to discretely observe the redhead, fighting the amused smile threatening to overtake her face when Willow was having trouble getting the macaroni on her fork. Her face was scrunched up adorably and her pout deepened as the cheesy noodles continued to fall.

“Stay damn you,” the software company owner cursed. The macaroni stayed silent.

“W-Willow, I don’t think it’s gonna happen sweetie,” the older blonde said as she helped Buffy clear the rest of the table. Willow pouted at her nearly empty bowl and shoved it away from her.

“Well it’s stupid,” she told her, blush lightly dusting her face. Tara ruffled her hair playfully and took the bowl away.

“T,” Faith whispered just before she jerked her out of the kitchen. “I need a favor.”

“Did that require, um, pulling me away like that?”

“No, but I just wanted to see the look on your face,” she grinned. “Anyway, can you watch Kelsey tomorrow?”

“Sure, I think I got some chocolate left,” Tara teased. Faith rolled her eyes and pointed to her twin.

“I’m taking her out on a romantic getaway,” she whispered. “Tell her and you’re dead.”

“Ooh la la, Faith! Where are you taking her?”

“I’m sure you’ll ‘feel’ it with your freaky twin telepathy thing.”

“Faith…,” Tara sighed. “Just tell me.”

“No,” the brunette pouted stubbornly. “You’ll see pictures. Or get a postcard or t-shirt or something.”

“I’m watching your child and all you’re getting me is-”

“That lousy t-shirt, yeah T, now run along,” Faith grinned. “First I have a date with the PS2.”

“I think W-Willow’s watching TV.”

“Entertain her, take her somewhere and distract her with something shiny she’ll ramble on about for ten minutes,” laughed the brunette, running her hand through her slightly curly hair. Tara chuckled and smacked her sister-in-law playfully on the arm.

“By the way… No wrecking the entire living room this time. I don’t care if you suck it up at some GTA mission, Faith,” Tara teased, walking away only when Faith’s face flushed in embarrassment. It was good to know Miss Five by Five could get embarrassed sometimes.

She should but, though. She came home from a meeting with a client to find Faith amidst piles of feathers from the pillows, an overturned couch, a busted TV, and one guilty looking woman. Tara couldn’t help but laugh at the memory and the way Faith had given her a smirk and held up the broken Grand Theft Auto.

Maybe Willow would like to go ice skating, Tara thought before reprimanding herself. Tara Maclay, that sounds too much like a date. Besides, you might as well take Kelsey along. No smoochies for you today. Or ever. She’s straight, remember Oz?

“Um, W-W-W-Willow?” Tara called, cursing herself for her stupid stutter. “Would you like to do something with Kelsey and me? Faith wants the TV so she can run over people and take their cash.”

“YES!” Willow yelled. Tara jumped and laughed musically at the deep blush the redhead now wore to match her hair. “I mean, of course, ha, ha. I’m going… I’m just going to get ready and stuff. Yeah… Uh… See you soon! And Kelsey! I didn’t forget about Kelsey. Just wanted to… Oh never mind…”

Tara giggled at Willow’s retreating form. She was so cute. Tara blushed and avoided any further Willow-y thoughts until they left.

“Kelsey, wanna go somewhere with Aunt Tara and Willow?” the blonde called as she knocked on her niece’s door. The door opened to an enthusiastic five-year-old holding her ice-skates in her small hand. A wide grin overtook Kelsey’s face as she jumped into Tara’s arms and giggled.

“Time to ice skate, I wanna see how long Willow can stay standing,” she giggled, tucking her head into Tara’s neck. “Okay, that’s what Mama told me to say, but I still wanna go ice skating!”

“Your mama is silly,” Tara told her and tapped a long finger against her nose. “Now go harass Willow and tell her to hurry or we don’t get pizza afterward to avoid Mommy’s cooking night.”

Kelsey scrambled out of her arms and hurried to the redhead’s room. Tara leaned against the front door with a smile, waiting for her best niece and the woman she adored.

Adored…?

Post subject: Re: Awakening The Flame (AU) (Ch.4 posted 7/29/09)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:23 pm 
3. Flaming O

i'm so loving this fic! Kelsey's so energetic and fun! i also like how you had Faith and Buffy paired up, they're good for each other. i also like how you're not rushing things between Willow and Tara, but not taking it at a snail's pase either. i hope to see more updates in the nearby future! ^^

"And I'm gonna Amen you all over again, 'cause I can't draw for shit!" - Laragh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:04 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Star Catcher - Thank you so much!! :) I'm glad you liked it! I hope you continue to as well :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:10 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Oh! Update! Yay! :party

The stuff happening in this last chap was kinda fast, didn't it?
Anyway, Willow may be not so straight I think, fu fu fu.
So skating with the little one? Now I have to see that. Tara is gonna babysit two girls now. I wonder if Willow can keep up on the ice when she barely walk steady on the ground.
Cool that Tara is more aware of her feelings too

Anyway. Thanks for the new chap. Don't make us wait long for next one, please ;-)
See u around

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:45 am 
2. Floating Rose

viximon - Thank you so much!!

As for the story, I hope to get an update soon, but my good friend was killed in an accident early this morning, so the next two days are going to be really hard for me. He's the second good friend from my class of 08 that we lost in less than six months.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:06 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:15 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 1
Hi,

This story is really cute. :)

I am so sorry for your friend, I send you my best wishes in this hard time.

Regards,

Julia.

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:57 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Thanks yall :)

And thanks to everyone who has read the story so far; I'm going to continue this soon, and I hope you guys enjoy my next update when I post it :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:01 pm 
5. Willowhand

oooh cute story i like it

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

False Euphoria ~~~ Eternity Again

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:17 pm 
3. Flaming O

xxKhirKhirxx,...I would really love to see where you were going with this story. I have been checking out all the fic's on the board since I broke my ankle. There is only SO much day time television I can take!!!!
Anyway, good writing and hopefully you'll pick this back up some time,.....