The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
 Post subject: Re: Cataclysm Cafe - The Viewing Room
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:05 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Wooooooooaauuurrrrrrrrr. Where the fuzzy frak did this update come from? Wow. Yay. Not questioning the gifts of horses mouths. Reading now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:09 pm 
2. Floating Rose

The Futopia Channel
:Fear the Light

Episode: Lock Down

[2:49…2:48…2:47…]

Wade walked to the edge of the computer terminal station and paused before pressing the ominously large red button on the wall emblazoned with the words: NEVER PRESS THIS.

It was a joke…or so he had envisioned it to be. His own personal spitball protection system was now about to save his ass.

Wade scowled to himself as he watched the cylindrical Plexiglas rise out of the floor to encompass the computer terminal area, locking him inside…

Or locking everything else out…

He walked over and sat back down at his terminal, swiveling his chair so he could see the Southgate entrance (otherwise known as Winna Gunn’s quarters)

[2:00…1:59…1:58…]

Wade slipped the eyepiece over his eye and began to type furiously.

“Let’s talk about how Wade needs a raise, shall we?” he muttered to the empty cylinder as he selected “enter”.

The lights in the building winked off as the Hegira Program kicked in. Only his visor screen was illuminated in the pitch darkness.

[…:03…:02…:01…]

A female computer voice chimed through the warehouse intercom.

“Hegira Program initiated. Perimeter Lock Down commenced. Section A4 unlocked…. Have a nice day.”

“Lock Down.” Wade said to the room…satisfied…

And then all frilly hell broke loose….literally.

[hr]

Taryn was not expecting a power outage. When the lights dimmed to an almost pitch black in the room, her heart leapt to her throat.

Dark. She was in the dark with a creepy guy wielding a needle.

But just as quickly she realized that he would be just as incapacitated as she was by this turn of events. She rolled to the far side of the giant bed and off the other end, farthest from the “good doctor”.

Of course being on the other side of a long and drug-induced sleep and amidst the abysmal darkness she fell a good two feet to the floor, landing on her knees with a loud *calump*! The pain in her joints seared a path to complete consciousness, bringing her all the way back to the real world and in turn pissing her off.

Immediately the Doctor was on the move, and Taryn rolled onto her back, waiting until she could hear his footsteps close enough to her, and then wildly pistoned her legs outward into the darkness…aiming for his torso. He must have been leaning in, searching for her blindly because she grazed him under the chin and struck in the chest with her other bare foot. He let out a grunt and staggered back enough to give her the opportunity to get to her feet and bolt for the general direction of the where the door should be. She fumbled for the latch, found it, and snatched the door open, finding herself in the same sort of pitch-blackness she had been in previously.

From the pan into the proverbial fire. But she was not about to stay inside the room.

“Winna!” She called out as she lunged into the large ‘War Room’ of the warehouse.

[hr]

Wade stood up when he heard Taryn’s voice, so abruptly that his head spun and a sudden stint of nausea gonged in the pit of his stomach.

The door should have been locked from both sides. Taryn should not have been able to get into the Hub Room. The only door that should have unlocked was the Southgate door on the other side of Winna’s quarters…allowing her immediate access to the “party crasher” The computer had said it unlocked door A4.

“A4…A4..” Wade said pulling up the schematics quickly of the large warehouse.

Glitches. Wade hated glitches. He pulled up A4…and his heart did an Olympic-worthy tumbling routine in his chest.

A4 was on the far side of the warehouse barred by four hallways filled with ineffectual metal doors not suited for werewolf berserker-style affections.

A4 was Ryder’s highly-reinforced cage…

[hr]

Taryn had rushed headlong into the blackness…William Blood hot on her heels… the door to Winna’s quarters shut behind them with a definitive [snick] of locking hasps.

And then a loud, metallic clang came from the far side of the warehouse followed by a triumphant roar that reverberated off the walls.

Both Taryn and William slip-slid to an abrupt stop…no longer concerned with one another.

Something was loose in the warehouse.

There was a screeching/peeling sound of something heavy and metal being rendered back and away…a door? A small Buick?

Frankly, Taryn didn’t want to know.

[hr]

Winna slid the car to a stop with several seconds to spare to the perimeter lockdown. Once inside the Southgate garage, she grabbed one of her pistols, handed Hope the other and slid out of the car. The only door that would be open would be the door that led directly into her laundry room (yes…vigilante heroes needed to wash clothes too). They rounded the car and Winna reached out to burst into the room and save the day.

The door was locked.

“What the hell?” Winna said out loud. Wade was anything if not precise. She tried it again to no avail.

Now worry crept in. She lifted her cell phone and speed-dialed Wade.

“Hi…this is your all-powerful minion. As I am unable to answer your call…I’m most likely doing your bidding so lighten up on a guy… and leave a mess….” She shut her phone.

Something was wrong.

“We need to get in there.” Winna said to Hope.

“Can we shoot the lock?”

“Not unless you want us both to die. It’s reinforced steel.” Winna said, sizing up the door.

“Okay…Plan A sucks…so what’s Plan B?”

“Plan B is not going to be easy.” Winna said, turning her back on the door and moving back to the car.

“I like NOT easy.” Hope said.

“I don’t.” Winna said, climbing into the driver’s seat and shutting the door.

TBC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:39 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
*falls down in shock*

Gah! Also, WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :smash :smash :smash :party :party :party :pinky :pinky :pinky :banana :banana :bounce :dance :applause :luv :sheep

Does this you're back? For truly? 'Cause honest to Pete, there's only so much a young lesbian's heart can take! Please be back!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:47 am 
2. Floating Rose

I....am.....BACK!

Bwahahahahhahhahahhahaha...haha...hah...hah...heh (sigh)

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

More to come...Just you wait!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:51 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

I'm glad your back! I was thinking about "Fear the light" the other day and then BAM! you come back with two updates! Woo Hoo :)

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:54 am 

So, are we still channel-hopping? Can I have the remote? I vote for the Late Shift, Pac Tides and So REAL. Pretty please?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:08 am 
2. Floating Rose

The Late Shift
Episode: The Leeeeeeee of the the Stoooooone….

I don’t know about you, but I’m confused. After days, weeks, months…maybe even years of dimension slipping, demon dodging, life sucking, love-rending events…I’m exhausted…my head hurts…I’m more than a little queasy and discombobulated from the way the liquidy black room shifts up and down…then side to side like a boat on slightly unsteady water.

I’m standing in front of a mirror…dressed in a black, lacy, form-fitting, slinky, black wedding dress as I am being prepared for my wedding of (bliss?) to the bizarre, soulless version of my soul mate.

So…yeah…excuse me when I just say it again……I’m confused….

Because…frankly…

[I AM SO ROCKING THIS DRESS.]

It fits in all the right places and makes all the ‘wrong’ places actually look like right places. It’s times like this that I wonder if evil-enchanted dresses aren’t the one thing redeemable about the darker arts.

Dark Tara comes out of nowhere and nothing…placing her hands on both of my shoulders. I gasp and she chuckles…pleased at my reaction.

“M-maybe you should’ve gotten the green one…black’s not really my color.” I stammer. She reaches up briefly to examine a lock of my red hair.

“It will be.” She says, dropping my hair back to my bare shoulder. “You’ll see…” She says this very close to my ear and I shudder. Her voice is so….Tara…only sultry…grittier…

And I hate to say it…kind of sexy

I close my eyes. She continues with her hands still on my shoulders, her fingers tightening gently…possessively… on my shoulders and then slowly letting up…only to tighten again.

“Your friends have come to save you.” She says.

I open my eyes to look at her reflection over my shoulder in the mirror. She is smiling wistfully back at me…but more like the way a man eating tiger smiles wistfully at the bare leg of his pleasantly plump trainer…

“They have?” I croak.

“Yes…They have come with me…well…the other me…the weaker me.

Tara…MY Tara….was here to save me…

She must have seen the hope in my eyes...her fingers bore down on my shoulders for a moment.

“Lukipo…my best soldier, has already gone out to dissuade them from entering the Carnival.

“Diss…dissuade them?” I gulp.

“Oh yes…he’s usually very convincing.” She says this with a menace that makes me flinch…that…and the fact that her grip has continued to become a bit tighter than before. “But if I know me…and I do…I know that I won’t be stopped…not by him…not so close to you…”

“Y-you won’t?” I bumble…

Is she giving me hope or dashing it?

“No….I won’t be stopped by anything short of a total cataclysm of events…” She lets me go to move around me to the mirror to admire her own reflection. “Nothing short of finely-tuned chaos…” She murmurs.

“We’ve beaten the carnival before. It was a…c-cakewalk. Tara will come for me.” I say defiantly albeit still weakly. Tara snorts derisively…not very evil sounding…but menacing none-the-less.

“You’ve beaten a feeble time demon and her parlour tricks. That’s like telling me you tripped a little old lady in a slanted house filled with stairs…” Dark Tara rubbed her hands together slowly…and I swear that the air in the room seemed to condense…become syrupy thick....

She spoke to her own reflection as she continued to move her hands together…gathering momentum…friction…POWER.

“You see…MY Love…I’m the Big Bad this time. You can’t even begin to imagine what I have done to get us to this point. What I have sacrificed to get you here…to get ME here…so that SHE can watch hope die and come into her BETTER self….her true face…MY true face…

“YOU are NOT Tara’s true face!” I seethed at her. She merely smiled at me…mentally batting away my word like annoying gnats.

“Let’s get this show on the road…literally…” Dark Tara said, reaching to place her palms on the mirror. The surface of the mirror rippled then turned inky black.

“What are you doing? I asked…not so vehemently this time…more like worried with a sprinkling of queasy…

“You know the old adage…’that which does not kill you…will keep trying until the job is done’.” She turns to me and brushes her hands off. “I just sent the love of your life and her little friends a gift…let’s call it a wedding gift…”

“No!” I shout. She smiles at my despair.

“You know…you ARE more beautiful when your world seems like it's ending…now….SLEEP…” She reaches out and brushes her knuckles across my cheek and I feel the room tilt…my knees go rubbery…

What was this? Did she dose me with some kind of otherworldly Valium?

Must fight! Must…battle the effects…must…not let it have any effect...

…wow…kittens in bell bottoms are going to the cotton candy castle.…

Damn it. .

TBC….later today….

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:27 pm 

Topics: 8
DIBS! Woohoo! totally love it. Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:15 pm 
2. Floating Rose

The Late Shift
Episode: Whoever Invented the Term ‘Let’s Split Up’ Should Be Shot

“So we’re going in?” Xander asks . He doesn’t look too thrilled about following a demonic teenager into the carnival. “I still have nightmares about tiny little ponies.” He says and shudders.

“We are. We’re going in. He won’t give Dawnie back… like he agreed. I guarantee you.” Buffy says. She still has a slight twitch from her earlier and quite literal brush with death.

A twitch…and a gleam of a dark vendetta in her eye.

“Yeah. Evil doesn’t pinky swear.” Anya agrees. “Many don’t even have pinkies.”

“So we go in…split up into two teams…Tara finds Willow and Buffy gets the Niblet. We get in and get out…no muss…no fuss…” Spike says.
“I’m guessing there’s gonna be some muss if I get my hands on that little...” Buffy says darkly.

[It’s time.]

I step up, all business. Danger is right behind me, like my very own vampiric shadow. Without the security of the puppy, he seems adrift.
“Alright. Xander and Anya…you go with Buffy. Danger and Spike will come with me.” I say.

Gosh…all of a sudden I sound all leadery. Joan of Arc wielding a saber and leading the troops into battle.

Only on second thought…Joan didn’t die a content little old lady in a rocking chair, did she, Tara?

“Good. Let’s go.” Buffy twitch-surls…ready to go in there and start tearing arms off things.

“Let’s hope we got the easy track.” Xander says out loud as we all begin to move for the closed gates.

“For reference…since this is an evil, enchanted carnival…you’ve most likely doomed our team by saying that.” Anya offers, patting Xander’s arm helpfully. Somehow Xander looks less consoled than ever by this news.

With nothing more to say, Buffy grips the gates to the carnival and with a grating, shrieking protest of metal, shoves them open, giving us access to the Unhappiest Place on Earth.

[hr]

Once the angry shrills of the gate are gone and we are past the threshold, we all stop at the same time.

[Quiet]….[Nothing]

The whole place is a ghost town…not even the stray shreds of paper on the ground rustle.

I never trust a quiet like that. I don’t do a lot of trusting.

“This isn’t good.” I say aloud. Blondie glances my way…hushing me without having to say a thing.

[shut up, SPIKE] that looks says. I shut it…keep walking… a larger piece of yellowing paper clings itself to my boot and I try to shake it off…

It rattles loudly…gathering more dark expressions.

It does not shake loose. I reach down for it, pinching it away…could be covered with anything….gum, spit….blood. Though I think I would smell the latter.

It is, in fact, covered with pictures and words…. a map.

“Hey. Hold up. Look at this…” I say out loud, this time ignoring the terse looks from Buffy and Blondie. “Map.” I finish, holding it up for all to see.

Buffy snatches it out of my hands…always the pushy slayer…thinking she’s the boss…

Buffy walks over to an empty ticket counter and spreads the map out. I notice an old looking ride ticket sitting under a dime. I pick them both up and place them in my pocket. You never know when you’re going to need a dime.

“Okay. We are here. At the main thoroughfare near the entrance.” Buffy says, trailing her fingers over the map.

“Never trust a map that FINDS you.” Danger mutters to himself. For once, I am inclined to agree with the sad excuse for a vampire.

“We should split up here…at the Kid Land rides.” Buffy says. “Xander, Anya and I will check out the House of Mirrors first. That’s near where they had us before. ..where I saw Dawn before…and we all know Evil loves mirrors…. and irony.

“That’s not so much irony as bad planning.” Anya piped in. Buffy ignores her and points to the other end of the carnival. “This whole ‘Dark Fortress’ area is new since the last time. I’ll search for Dawn and meet you there. “

“No. Get Dawn. Get out. I’ll get Willow.” Blondie says.

To tell the truth…I believe her.

She WILL get Willow.

One way…or another…

TBC…

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:16 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

abso.. bloody.. wonderful! You're back!!!

A whole bunch of updates too. I'm amazed all over again at your ability to keep several stories 'on the boil'. Can't wait to find out what happens next.

Anne

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:11 am 
2. Floating Rose

Channel Four- The Futopia Channel in association with Hungry Puppy Industries Presents:

Fear the Light

Episode: Witches and Vampires, and Werewolves…Oh My…

The sound of the first door being torn away by a frenzied werewolf made Wade’s gut twist. Fear seized every muscle in his rail-thin body at the same time…freezing him to the spot nearest the reinforced glass.

Could a werewolf break through six inches of Plexiglas if they were so inclined?

Wade had learned over time…being a young genius and all…that one should never underestimate the awesome power of two things… a well-made roast beef sandwich or an angry and highly motivated she-beast.

Taryn and the Doctor had quickly realized the danger they were in and had both fled, almost comically, back to the door they had come from…even as the second hallway door on the other side of the warehouse was ripped away with a sound like the end of all things.

Two more doors to go.

Taryn tugged at the locked door like she could somehow wrangle it open with her bare hands.

The sound of the third door being wrenched from its hinges elicited an entirely surprising reaction from Wade...

He was suddenly able to move…like a man pulled from a deep trance, he moved forward. He walked to the console wall and slammed his palm down on the shield button and opened a panel in the wall above it. Inside were the fail-safe shotgun and two small pistols Winna kept in each of the rooms. He pulled down the shotgun and checked the chambers even as the Plexiglas slid upward and into the ceiling. He stepped forward, just far enough to serve as a viable distraction. The terminal area where he stood was much closer to the door where Ryder would be coming from. Taryn and the Doctor would not make it to the enclosure in time…plus the system would have to reset…and he wouldn’t be able to bring the glass down for another two minutes. It wasn’t set up for more than one emergency use in such a short period of time.

Glitch number two…but now wasn’t the time to dwell.

“Taryn! Lay Down! Lay Still! Do it NOW!” He shouted and pumped the action on the weapon. Taryn dropped to the floor without a moment’s hesitation. A millisecond later the Doctor followed suit. Wade thanked the gods that Winna had a beautiful (and smart) woman to spend the rest of her life with.

The final door to the “War Room” protested under the weight of the impending werewolf on the other side. He could see it bending inward in the middle…folding like a wet towel over a hanger. Ryder stepped out over the wolf-cowed door on her hind feet…filling the doorway and letting out an unbridled roar. If Wade had imagined that there was even an inkling of the woman he adored in there, he would have said she sounded…pleased with herself…almost smug.

He had been right…they would have never made it to the enclosure of the Plexiglas in time. He knew he would have very little time to revel in his joy of being right.

Claws clickity-clacked across the hardwood floor as Ryder moved into the room and then stopped to take stock of her options. He watched the great, shaggy head swivel to look at him before turning back to the two prone humans on the ground. Easy meals...virtually fast food...

Wade knew what needed to be done.

He lifted the shotgun to his shoulder and leveled it off at Ryder.

“Hey! Over here!” He shouted. Ryder dropped down onto all fours and grilled him with a yellow-eyed stare. She shifted her body to regard him…and the gun.

Real bullets in the right places could kill her just as easily as silver. This he knew. He just hoped somewhere in her furry subconscious…she knew it too. “Get back in your cage, Ryder! Go on!” He shouted. She moved towards him…not caring about the gun…and not seeming to recognize Wade in the least.

She crouched down…preparing to leap and he aimed the shotgun at her upper torso. Head and heart …that was the rule. He stared into her liquid yellow eyes over the sight of the gun.

Can you kill her, Wade? Can you do it to save them? Yourself?

Ryder snarled at him. Wade saw her muscles coil as she cinched herself down for an attack.

He let out an explosive breath. Defeated, he dropped the muzzle of the gun to the floor.

“I can’t...” He said to her. She tilted her shaggy head at him, her eyes darting to the business end of the gun…

Just before she lunged for him.

Wade felt searing pain as she came upright to her full height and her claws found his upper arms...digging in. She bore down on him…a maw full of razor wire.

“Wade!!!!” He heard Taryn’s panicked screams. “Wade!!!! NO!!!!!!”

Wade was grateful that he didn’t feel or hear much after the initial pain. There was only a strange slowing of time…and a billowy sense that everything would be alright...so he couldn’t really complain.

Hell…life had been pretty good up until now...

Even when the woman you love eats you in the end.

TBC…

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:14 am 

DIBS!

Oh, Nik, you never fail to provide. Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:33 am 
2. Floating Rose

Channel Four- The Futopia Channel in association with Hungry Puppy Industries Presents:

Fear the Light

Episode: What Happened in the Meantime…

The car was going to need serious front end repair…

And more than likely a new paint job.

Even as the Malibu slid to a stop inside the warehouse…large chunks of plaster, concrete and parts of the metal door they had just plowed through still raining down around them…Winna was already calculating in the back of her mind how much the deductible would be on a super car.

She was out of the car before the thought passed and moved quickly forward. Her pistol had been at ready as soon as she had cleared the wall and took in the scene.

Ryder was in the terminal platform standing at her full height on her hind legs, her teeth clamped down on an unconscious Wade’s shoulder. ..her back to Winna, Hope, and the car.

Without another coherent thought, Winna sighted the pistol and fired six times in succession…striking the werewolf high on the back and neck area.

Ryder spun around, dropping her potential meal, and roared at Winna.

The werewolf then turned fully so that she could lay waste to this new intrusion. She leaped from the terminal area and landed on all fours in a full-tilt run. Winna took two steps back…wondering if she had miscalculated the dose… the large space between them…or Ryder’s motivation to tear her to pieces.

As Ryder sped across the open area of the warehouse towards her, she snicked the gun’s switch over to live silver rounds and aimed for Ryder’s right eye.

Winna took another two strides back, heart rising into her throat, and waited as Ryder came for her.

Then her trajectory veered to the left slightly as the tranquilizers took hold….and the large beast toppled forward and slid several feet across the floor as her legs gave way beneath her.

Winna stood in stunned silence for a brief moment before her legs began to move her forward again…past the downed werewolf…to the platform.

Wade…

Winna dropped down on the floor beside Wade’s prone body; she pulled him up partially up into her lap…holding him close… and swung the gun up and out across the room suddenly.

Hope froze, thinking she was training the gun on her, but when she spoke, her voice was broken…teary…but deadly all the same.

“Doctor Blood. If you take one more step towards that door…I will shoot you.” Hope spun to see Blood attempting to make a stealthy exit through the hole they had made and leveled her own gun at him. Blood stopped moving, lifting his hands into the air.

“I’m right here.” He said coolly…nervously… moving towards her and away from the opening. “See?”

“I have a proposition for you, Doctor.” Winna said, not wasting time.

“I’m listening.”

She locked her obscured gaze on him.

“I know who you are and what you are doing here…and for that I ought to shoot you where you stand. I still might…but I’m going to make you a deal…”

“Still listening…” Blood said, still walking gingerly forward.

“If this boy lives…so do you.” She said…her voice losing all sense of tears or sadness…only a concrete certainty that she meant what she said.

“And if he dies?”

“If he dies…I put you in the cage with her and you two can sort it out.” She said and nodded to the dozing werewolf snuffling on the floor.

Doctor Blood looked at Ryder as though he had to think about it. He stepped up onto the Terminal platform and knelt beside them…looking directly at Winna.

“The boy will live.” He said with absolute certainty before he even began to address his wounds.

TBC…

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:08 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Ohhh, LOVE the action! Also, love your quirky descriptions - 'impending werewolf' and 'wolf cowed door' etc.

Hmmmm. I can see an upside to Ryder attacking Wade... so long as he lives, of course.

But what about Taryn?

I'm agog (love that word) with anticipation of your next update...s.

Anne

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:10 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

:dance

Hadn't checked Pens in a while and so had the great treat of multiple updates in one reading. Wunnerful, wunnerful, wunnerful... great to see you posting again.

I'll give a vote for Channel 4, partially because Hungry Puppy Donuts just sounds so very wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:59 pm 
2. Floating Rose

:thud

Oh My God!!!

I thought this channel got cancelled!!!

:party Have never been soo happy to be wrong before :bounce

More, more, more!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:02 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Somewhere, around my twelfth year of life (Twelfth? Is that really a word?), in my wide-eyed youth, I stumbled upon this fanfic. I read it religiously, and it prompted me to join this board. That was long ago, and I had since moved on.

BUT, now quickly approaching my twentieth year of life, I totally decided to reread it and was utterly shocked to find, though updates were sporadic, it was still here, and there were updates, just a few months ago!

SOOOOOOOOOO...

I signed up again, JUST so I could leave a comment saying how much this fic entertained me all those years ago, and how it still does, and I hope it will continue to, with many yummy updates.

-Rei. (ambersagoddess) (...and still is...)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:37 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

You know what is so sad...it's sad that I even dropped off the planet whilst Cataclysm Cafe still has life. *sigh* I reread the ENTIRE thread for two straight days and I realised how much I've missed it. Miz Chica, you're still the best :glasses

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:57 pm 
3. Flaming O

WOW
I was a really late comer to Cataclysm Cafe I just found it recently and I am glad I did this is such an excellent concept Wiccachica
I cant wait to see what comes next
(please be Nine West, please be Nine West, please be Nine West)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:48 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Yarrr...

There be swells ahead.....

What? A "pirated" channel?

Stay tuned for a special reunion episode... Coming soon...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:29 pm 
3. Flaming O

Say, whaaaaat, now? Wut whaaa...?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:09 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Teaser Trailer:

*Commercial*

Where have you come, my friend? Why... to the dock of an unfamiliar pirate town! You meander through the darkened wood planked streets, casting a wide berth around the darker elements of the night. You look like you have money, friend, and you don’t seem to have a weapon so you’re bound to get some curious glances.

You see an old shield dangling over the door of a building up ahead. It creaks with the blustery warm wind coming off the ocean. The Drunken Axeman. A fine place to get some shelter and maybe a pint.

You push open the door and immediately an old withered-looking man with a gapped smile and a halo of curly white hair beckons you over emphatically from the bar. Though he looks to be wearing barely much more than tatters, he seems friendly and frankly… you seem to need a friend.

“You have found your way to the Port of 8 Ways, stranger. The most unknown of all the pirate coves. Pull up a seat, order me a few tankards of the house best, and relax a spell while I bend your ear. What kind of tales strike your fancy?” You notice that the man, tries to affect a pirate’s brogue though you suspect that you hear a lot of the Queen’s English about his words.

“Hmm...how about I tell you a tale of high seas and adventure!” He scratches his grisled chin whilst you buy him his first drink of the night. He sucks down a third of it and wipes the foam from his bushy lip. “I’ll tell you one of a beautiful true witch of the sun, of a ship’s captain that strikes dread into the hearts of even dead men, and an enchanted man all made of paint. I’ll buckle your knees with a story of a love so pure that is has ne’er been seen on this great earth again!” He raises his wrinkly fist into the air as his words fade into the empty bar, then pauses, smiles wryly, and takes an almost dainty sip from his tankard...then… tips the drink back and finishes it in a manner that makes you think you’ll be poor by the end of the night.

“But first….” He burps... “Another round…”

Stay tuned for the Pirate Channel: A Reunion Episode…

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:55 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Episode 1: "Suffer a Witch"

When Eristan had been told that his first quarry was a prisoner of ‘formidable size', he wasn’t sure what to expect.

He pulled to a sudden stop just before toeing a bedraggled "safety" red line on the floor of the cell and gazed at what he considered to be the largest, most ‘formidable’ man he had ever put eyes to. The man wore only a pair of threadbare pants and no shoes. His long, black hair hung about his face, obscuring his features. The man had been shackled to each far wall, the chains causing his broad chest to splay wide, a safety measure that went into place when the key was used. The man stood no less than six and eight tall and though he had been in the prison for nearly a decade, he had lost little or none of his muscle mass.

But all of this paled beside the man’s skin. Tattoos took up significant residence upon every inch of the man’s visage… patterns and designs that both dazzled and frightened the smaller man. They swirled about his shoulders and wrapped about his back like a living entity and swept across his middle, ending (or not ending) beneath the barrier of his pant line and picked up again at the ankles and feet. The tattoos were not in the Queen’s vernacular, and Eristan could not read them. He immediately wondered if his instructions had been errant and indeed this man did not even speak the language of the United Colonies.

He cleared his throat. The man did not look up or indicate acknowledgment of his presence.

“Prisoner, known only as Rawyri of Tersia, I am Sir Eristan of the United Colonies. I have come to bring you a correspondence from Her Royal Majesty.” He paused.

Nothing.

“I have been authorized to make you an offer… of release… from this establishment, by order of the Queen.” He paused again. What if the giant man actually didn’t speak Colonese? How was he going to relay his message?

“Her Majesty does not give anything for free, Sir Eristan.” Came a smooth, deep, almost hypnotic voice from the hulk in chains. His grasp of the language exceeded even Eristan’s own. “What does she want in return?”

“Her niece has been taken…” Eristan said.

“Ah…the rub.” The large man chuckled to himself.

“She asks that in exchange for your freedom… you locate her niece and return her to the Royal Palace.”

“I think I’ll stay right here.” Rawyri said.

“That doesn’t make sense.”

“Three square meals a day. A roof over my head. Time to read…” Rawyri teased evenly. Eristan squirmed a moment. Would he be able to entice this man to help him or not?

“There’s one thing you do not have here.” He said.

“What? Freedom? I don’t have it out there either.”

Revenge.” Now the large man’s head swung up, casting his black hair back from his tattooed face. Eristan stepped back, regardless of still being behind the safety line.

“I am a Tersaen monk of the tenth order, Sir. Revenge does not sustain a man’s soul.”

“Her niece was taken by an old acquaintance… the one called D’mitur...”

And with this one name Eristan knew he had this man’s full attention. The man locked his dark eyes on him.

“D’mitur is dead. We killed him ten years ago.”

“He is very much alive, for want of a better word… and he has the Queen’s only niece. She’s willing to set the likes of you free to capture or kill this man.”

“He cannot be captured . . . or killed if what you say is true."

“You have done it before.”

“Apparently not well enough…” He fixed Eristan with a gaze that was unnervingly calm now. “And I didn’t work alone.”

“We are aware of your . . . requirements. A fine crew and a ship will be awarded to you.”

“A crew of Her Majesty’s fine men and women I assume.”

“Her very best.”

“Her very best won’t be enough. They will all be dead in a month. I’ll need my own people, and I’ll precure my own ship.” Eristan cleared his throat. He had been given the Voice of the Queen in this matter, but he feared Rawyri was about to make a request he could not honor.

“I’ll need the freedom of two others..”

“Go on.”

“ Firewohld, Argus Firewohld.

“The thief?”

“The finest thief and javelier you will ever know. He can throw a wooden pike the length of two ships. A necessity in this work.”

“It can be arranged. And the other…?”

“Magnes Adaine.”

“Magnes has passed on from this mortal coil.” Eristan prompted. He saw the large man consider this.

“How did he die?”

“As all witches do under the queens rule.” Rawyri flexed and unflexed his great muscles, keeping his expression as serene as lake water.

“Then tell the queen her niece is dead.” Rawyri said, and dropped his great head back down to his chest so the other man could not see his anguish. Magnes was a true friend and it had been his charge to watch after the sun witch.

He didn’t see the panic flash over Eristan’s features. This man was his last resort. The Queen would have his head if he failed this one simple task.

“His daughter lives." He croaked out, regretting his words even as he spoke them. Rawyri’s head came back up, his eyes alight with a new fire.

"Is she like her father?" His voice held a strange thing...hope.

“She is, and she is at the discretion of the Queen’s favor.”

"So she is a prisoner."

"And the only Sun Witch alive who can locate and kill D’mitir." Rawyri said evenly. Eristan knew the large man spoke the truth. He knew the Queen's feelings on the matter and he felt pressed to make a decision for the crown and not the queen.

"If I give leave to release Tara Ivet Adaine, she will never again be able to set foot on Colony ruled soil.. She will be considered forever expatriated."

“Then I will speak to her and allow her to decide her own path.” Rawyri said to the smaller man.

“Then you agree to be of service to the Queen and the whole of the United Colonies.” Eristan breathed an inward sigh of relief. Rawyri met his eyes. His so dark that the pupils were lost in the blackness. They were eyes that took everything and gave nothing back.

“As a free man and a Tersaen I will aid the Queen with the help of the girl, but in no way and at no time will I be ruled by the Queen’s hand.”

“Then I shall ask the warden for your release…”

Rawyri stood at his full height, his broad chest flexing, his arms snapping the chains taut. They fell away from the wall and clattered to the floor.

“You’ve been free of your chains this whole time?” Eristan watched as Rawyri stepped across the red line. Up close, Eristan had to cane his head to look upward at the man.

“A Tersaen in chains allows an oppressor to act without fear. Fear is what masks one’s true nature…or brings it closer to the surface.” He motioned to the dungeon’s exit. “Lead the way, Eristan of the United Colonies.”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:21 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Dibs?

Woohoo! Nice start. Just enough to draw us in!

Looking forward to more!

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:50 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Yeeeeeeee! That's really the first thing that went through my head. Can't tell you how excited I am to see you updating this fic again. On top of new updates, it gave me an excuse to go back and read it from the beginning! I love everything about this. All the stories could be stand alones, but you deliver them together in a way that makes them better as a whole. The only downside? So. Many. Cliffhangers. Not that I'm complaining!
Love the piratey premise. Can't wait! Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37