The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: True Blood
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:59 am 
3. Flaming O

I have not seen the latest episode, but i believe that being responsible for Jessica would be part of Bill's punishment. Turning a human for most vampires would at least be a feast if not a pleasure. Being responsible for someone else could be punishment,especially for Bill.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:47 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Farewell Amy. I'll miss you. And all I can say is that after all the likeable characters that have been killed off in this show during its brief run, the finale had better be damn good. I want a satisfying conclusion. Or else.

Fave line(s) of the night- a tie between 'You're the worst maker ever1' and "I stopped listening to politicians a while ago. They give me seizures."

Jessica surprised me, but her behavior actually makes sense. So repressed for so long, of course she just wants to kill somebody. I hope she is a real handful for the vampire council, they deserve her. Bill, I think, is already off the hook since she has no respect for him anyway. Loved her spitting out the drink btw.

Tara is about to enter, what? A high class bordello?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:56 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 8
As I predicted, the murderer was going to be either Hoyt or Rene, and I'm glad it turned out to be Rene (Hoyt was kinda sweet). Interesting that both his identity (he was really this "Drew" person) and his Cajun accent (!!) were false **shock**. While it was great that both Sam and Bill made attempts to come to Sookie's rescue, it was satisfying (at least to me ;-) ) that it was ultimately Sookie herself who clocked Rene on the head with the shovel and finally killed him.

I'm a little worried about Jason getting involved with this anti-vampire cult; that could make for problems along with way. :paranoid

It's unfortunate that we were left with so many cliffhangers in this final epsiode--for instance, why does "Miss Forrester" know what Sam is ("You silly dog" she says to him), and why is Sam apparently willing to pay her a huuuuuuge amount of money to keep her quiet?? And what's up with her and that pig?? And of course, WHO KILLED LAFAYETTE????? I hope it wasn't Bill (remember that he told Sookie that he was healed because he had "fed"), but it could also have been that state senator he threatened. :paranoid

Now we have to wait until next summer for answers!? Damn, DAMN, DAMN !!!!!! **grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr**

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:07 am 
5. Willowhand

I was wondering if Sam was pulling out the money to pay off Maryanne or if he was about to make a run for it and set up business elsewhere?

I liked Lafayette a lot and I'm really sorry to see his character killed off, but I think it would be appropriate if it were Bill who killed him.

I like Bill, but he's a vampire.

There was a story in the news this morning about a little girl who was attached by a friends pet couger. The couger was generally very friendly, but...it's a couger.

And, getting back to Maryanne, what was with the vibrating? And what's with the pig? I was glad to see Michelle Forbes, however. I'm always glad to see Michelle Forbes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:49 am 
12. Recently Gay

I've watched this last ep a couple of times now, and I'm still really impressed. Although I still wish they hadn't killed off aso many good characters - and now Lafeyette is gone too- the quality of the writing compensates pretty well. And they've set up next season very well too. Fave line of the night has to be "Your hair looks like sunset after a bomb goes off. Pretty."

I'm concerned that Jason is about to get into something stupid again. And that Sam might be leaving. And I wish there was some chance Lizzy Caplan would be back. But all in all, a great first season.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:51 pm 
2. Floating Rose

The new season of this incredibly fun and entertaining series starts this June on HBO!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:55 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Also the first season dvd came out this week, although I haven't seen it yet. Will probably buy it this weekend, hopefully there will be plenty of cool extras.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:01 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

just finished watching the whole season last weekend and I'm hooked! Can't wait till it starts back up again :D

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:36 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Topics: 1
According to imdb, season 2 starts on the 14th June.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:06 am 
10. Troll Hammer

I, too, can hardly wait for the 14th! :pinky

I wonder if they will simply go on to dramatize the next book in the series ("Living Dead In Dallas") or will create some amalgamation of serveral of the titles (I read all of them over this winter, including the one that just came out ["Dead and Gone"])?

Whatever they decided, I'm sure they will keep up the same standard of writing, acting and producing. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:46 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Well, the new season is off and running with an excellent start, picking up exactly where the last season left off. As usual, there are plenty of questions--

Who killed "Miss Jeannette" and why? It certainly wasn't poor, pathetic Andy.

It's obvious why Eric is keeping Lafayette and the others prisoners (they are all implicated in the deaths of vampires: no doubt they think that Lafayette might have killed Eddie), but what is that weird wheel/gear thingy that the prisoners are turning? How do they know when to turn it, and how do they know when to stop? Is it some sort of clock mechanism?

It was nice to learn a little more about Sam's youth, and why he knows Marianne (and also why he wanted to give her all that money!). Just exactly what does Marianne want with Tara?

I'm really looking forward to next week. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:31 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Good to have the show back, and this was a good ep even though it had a bit more flashbacks than I like to see. The scenes near the end between Sookie and Bill were very strong, I was glad to see Lafayette is not dead although I'm not sure what's going on there, and Michele Forbes is always a plus in any show. Loved the comic relief of the teen vampire and she had my favorite moment of the night, her pleased reaction to being compared to a slattern but only once she learned what he meant by slattern. I have no idea what's coming next but I hope they don't get rid of her too soon since the show does need a little lightening up at times.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:31 am 
10. Troll Hammer

My goodness, the writers have certainly gotten good at producing cliffhanger endings for the episodes--as if I needed any special motivation to tune in each week. ;-)

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if:
a) Bill kills Jessica's family (I hope not!), or just "glamours" them so that they don't remember anything and
b) if Eric & Co. turn Lafayette or just kill him. I fear it is the latter. :paranoid

Also there were some good lines, last night. For example--

Lafayette (to Eric): I know I've got about as much chance here as a Jew at an al-Qaeda rally :lol

and

Mack (to Jason): What's with you breakin' the American flag in half like some Muslim Buffy with a dick? :lol

It's a real pleasure to see how they've kept up the quality of the writing for this series. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:51 am 
12. Recently Gay

Another terrific ep, no doubt. The only part of the show I'm not really enjoying right now is the Jason storyline. I assume there going somewhere with it, but I hope they get there soon so I don't have to tap my foot through another scene of him and his new "saved" classmates. The Michelle Forbes scenes continue to be excellent and I loved Bill's encounter in the store with the saleswoman on the make. I didn't realize that was Eric's dungeon that Lafayette was shackled in during the fist episode, but I think I can be forgiven for that since he looked totally different.( And does again now, with his makeover.) Jessica continues to be a highlight, she actually got to show some acting range this time and I thought she was very good. A nice touch with the vamps crying blood, I don't think I've seen that before. Will Bill kill the family? I don't imagine so, but hopefully disgusting Daddy will never be the same.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:06 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Ok, I guess I will be first on the latest ep. Until about the 10 minute mark I thought this would be one of the best episodes ever, but then they went to the Jason storyline to show him having a nightmare and for me at least the ep went into a lower gear at that point. (Like, say, park.) However one of the later scenes there was better (the one at the honesty circle) and that's a hopeful sign. Meanwhile, holy crap, the bull thing! Yikes! And Sookie gets saved and healed and makes a deal with Eric1 And Lafayette is alive and free! Ok, he's huddled in his blankie whimpering, but still. And Jessica tells the truth about being a vampire and orders true blood (Seriously, I damn near applauded.) And she doesn't kill anyone! And I'm using way too many exclamation points! But yes, it was a really fine episode. Some of the dialog was a little clunky though, I'm thinking of the late scene of Sookie and Bill in the car on their way back to the house, that didn't work at all and I can't see it being the actors at this point, so perhaps it is time for Mr. Ball to write another ep of his own show. Finally, what is the girl at the pond? Is she a victim of the Bull creature? Is she the bull creature?

Last edited by seurat on Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:01 am 
10. Troll Hammer

I certainly agree about the excellence of the episode--this series really does keep up very high standards.

So, the minotaur--I have several theories: (a) the pig is a magical, shape-shifting creature, and can possibly shape-shift into a minotaur, (b) Maryanne is possibly a shape-shifter (which would explain why she can force Sam to change) and is herself the minotaur or (c) like you said, Daphne was clawed by the Minotaur and is now forced into becoming one when conditions are right (full moon?).

Speaking of Maryanne, it would seem that she's really into orgies. Personally, it was funny for me to see Dr. Phlox (oops, I mean the Renard Parish Coroner ;-) ) running around in the altogether. The black eyes are a little scary, though: it reminds me of Willow using dark magic in BtVS.
Tara would be wise to get out of there!

The Sookie/Bill story remains quite romantic, with Sookie always managing to bring the best out in Bill. It's obvious that Eric is also sweet on her, since he took no revenge for that slap and for her threat (though Sookie clearly isn't scared by him!). I wonder if Sookie will actually get a petticoat and corset for Bill?

Finally, the Jessica storyline is taking some interesting turns. I do believe that she genuinely likes Hoyt, and was not biting him. I think the "waited long enough" line referred to her earlier repressive life, and not to her "vampire instincts", In fact, she provided my favorite line of the night--
Jessica (to Hoyt): This is so embarassin'. I'd die if I weren't already dead. :lol

DAMN! Now we have to wait 'till July 12 for a new ep! :happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:31 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Well, it was worth the wait, since we finally got some answers. :)

Marianne is, indeed, the minotaur (see my theory [b] above)--after digging in the earth, herhands came out in the shape of the minortaur's claws. This would also explain the attack on Sookie: she is clearly very jealous and possessive of Tara, and Sookie (as well as Ms. Jeannette) represented a threat to her! Perhaps the mother will be next!! :paranoid

This could also explain a few other things: the "chant" used by Marianne sounded sort of Greek to me (any Kittens from Hellas who can confirm?). She may very well also be a Bacchae (no, not like the Bacchae on Xena, but a Bacchae in the ancient Greek mythological sense). This would make her a "follower" of the god Bacchus/Dionysus, which would account for her ability to produce "orgiastic" behavior at her parties, and especially why they chug down huge amounts of wine.

I fear that Sookie may be heading to a horrible confrontation with her own brother, given her presence in Dallas and his brainwashing at the FOTL camp. I certainly enjoyed the names of the airline (Anubis Air) and the hotel ("Hotel Carmilla"--they simply must have a "Dracula Suite" somewhere in the place. ;-) ) Furthermore, it looks like Sookie has had a pleasant surprise: she's not the only telepath!!! :party

Sam & Daphne--did she possibly survive an encounter with Marianne, and live to become a Bacchae herself? That would explain why she "knows who Sam is" (one shape-shifter can perhaps recognize another??).

Favorite line of the episode--
Mack (to Jason): God assures us that evil will be destroyed.
Jason: Really? Then explain Europe. :lol :lol :lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:33 pm 
12. Recently Gay

First off, wish for Alan Ball to write an ep of his own show and my wish./suggestion came true. i will immediately buy a lottery ticket and wish very hard for it to be a winner.

This whole minotaur thing confuses me a a little. Are minotaurs usually imagined with claws? I don't remember that. Of course, it is a myth so if True Blood wants it to have claws, then claws it will have. I would agree that she is the beast anyway. Daphne seems to be a living victim of an attack. I love Jessica, she makes the show for me right now. So glad she went along on the roadtrip. Meanwhile, Sookie has a new potential friend who is her equal, Lafayette is a dancing fool, Eric continues to get more interesting and althogh I still dislike the Jason storyline, they did manage to make the wife look smoking hot in that one scene, as comically over the top as it was. For fave line I'll go with "well, that's Texas."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:17 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Wow...wow...wow...so we finally got to see how Eric was made! No wonder he's so obsessed with Godric! It will be interesting to find out what actually happened to him. It was great to see Eric in full "Viking" regalia--I don't speak Swedish (or Runic), but I loved it when his men assured him that there would be "mjod" (mead) for him in Valhalla (they translated it as "beer", though). And...it looks like one of Godric's minions really has the hots for Bill: I fear that this will make for some drama... :paranoid

I certainly agree about Jessica being an enormous amount of fun. Trying to learn to be a vampire while being a young teenager is really cute--in fact, she had what I think was the ep's funniest line--

Jessica (to Eric): You'll be SORRY when I develop an eating disorder. :lol

Also, I think that she and Hoyt will eventually wind up together. **luuuurve**

Uh oh, it looks like Luke was right: Sarah really is after "The Jason Beefstick". And the actress who plays her is really gorgeous. **drool**

So happy that Sam seems to have finally found the girl for him. It's great that Daphne is a fellow "Shifter", but I still wonder how she managed to survive a minotaur attack?

Speaking of minotaurs, Marianne is really eeeeeviiiilllll--it was terrible of her to make Tara lose her job at Merlotte's, and now she wants to move into Sookie's house. This does not bode well.... :paranoid

And then there's Barry--I'm certain that he's going to have an important part to play in the story. We shall have to wait and see...

Question: Am I the only one who noticed that one of the techs in the credits is named "Billy Budd"? I wonder if this is a pseudonym?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:14 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Speculation:

Marianne isn't just a Minotaur...She's a demon. Just look at how she's taking over the town; the people; and feeding off their desires and passions.

Daphne is a flunkie for Marianne; using her to distract Sam so that she can use him for her plans...

Tara is the centre of her plans...I think it's baby related.

She tired to kill Sookie to keep her away from Tara.

I think Godrick planned his own disappearence. I think he's hiding from someone...

Just my two cents...

Oh...I <3 Jessica! :luv

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:04 am 
17. Mega-Witches

I'm slowly finding myself disinterested in the show just based on the last couple acts. It's mainly just a lot of talking with some drama mixed in while Sookie and Bill do more said talking in a bed. Completely getting over the Jason storyline, they need to just hurry it up a bit.

What I AM loving is Jessica, she makes things fun. Though Eric's storyline is getting intriguing! I just hope this show doesn't slip and fall.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:49 am 
12. Recently Gay

I finally got a chance to see this ep after coming back from holiday, and I don't think I have much to add. Yes, it was a bit talky but I wouldn't expect that to last long as things are building towards a major conflict. I enjoyed Eric's backstory, and the Jason storyline while still a weak point had some good moments. (Liked the scene where he's holding the rocket launcher, and the bathtub scene with him and Sarah.) The new shapeshifter being an agent of Mary-Anne is certainly a possibility, but for some reason I don't think so. My favorite moments all seem to involve Jessica, and so do my two favorite lines - 'I only ordered off the menu" and 'Maybe you don't remember me?" As if.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:48 pm 
2. Floating Rose

If you have satellite or digital cable - Catch the actors who portray Erik and Jessica on G4's "Comic-Con '09 Live" special, tomorrow at 10 am, CST. It's a 3 hour special, they appear in the last half hour of it.

Oh, Jessica looked soooo amazing! Grrr-owl! :blush

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:22 am 
10. Troll Hammer

What an episode!!!!! Nobody can complain that this one was too talky! :)

I'll start off with an apology: I should have recognized that the vampiress at the end of the last episode was Lorena, Bill's Maker. So Eric is using her to run interference for him so that he can grab Sookie. This is going to make for a real knock-down drag-out (assuming Sookie survives, of course ;-) ) Interesting flashback showing what vicious killers Bill and Lorena were--no wonder he has such guilt feelings! And how great was it to see "Guillaume" in full 1920s formal wear, singing "Hard-Hearted Hannah, The Vamp of Savannah"--I wonder if that was actually Stephen Moyer doing the singing?

So OriginalLostSoul's post above about Daphne is correct: she is indeed a "minion" of Marianne. She must have been attacked and the poison, while not killing her, "turned" her so that she became a willing thrall. And the question is finally answered from last Season: She's the pig! As for Marianne herself, she is clearly a Bacchae (or Bacchante) from Ancient Greece, perhaps granted immortality by Bacchus/Dionysus himself. I would say from the cliffhanger ending that Sam was going to be the main dish on the sacrificial menu, but since the previews clearly show him alive, I guess that's not the case.

So Sookie's in trouble and, as he predicted, Bill can't get to her. I wonder if Jason will come out of his religion-and-sex-crazed state to find Sookie and save her? The previews showed him caught by the reverend and supercreep Gable--but was it for helping Sookie, cheating with Sarah, or both? :paranoid And is Godric "the vampire in the basement"??

Finally, I knew I was right about Jessica and Hoyt. It's luuuuurrrrve.
And Jessica has the funniest line of the ep--

Jessica (to Hoyt): I'm so happy I could cry. But I don't want to 'cause it's really gross. :lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:05 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Last night's episode totally rocked!

And, Marianne is definitely something...A bacchnai? I dunno...I'll stick to my demon theory; but, it could be your's, Hemi.

And, I think it's safe to say that it is Godrick in the basement cell; betrayed by his own(wonder which flunkie set him up?)to the fellowship...

And, I'm curious to see how this is all gonna wrap up with Evan Rachel Woods stepping into the mix...Probably setting up for the cliffhanger for next season.

Jessica and Hoyt...Totally shipable...Sookie and Bill better watch their backs; there's a new couple in town and their totally adoreable! :party

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:01 pm 
12. Recently Gay

The last haff of the ep was amazing, the first half was just fine. So I was wrong about Sam's new girlfrriend, guilty of hoping that something good was going to happen to Sam for once I suppose.. What's going on with Tara's boyfriend do you think? I think Sam will be okay too, but I wouldn't want to predict how that will be accomplished. I kind of hope Bill doesn't come charging to Sookie's rescue this time, I'd like to see her stretch her own abilities to get out, this is only the church guys after all. Jessica has stolen my heart, pure and simple and yes she did have the best line of the night with the crying one. Also the best costume. Wow, she looked beautiful didn't she? Kudos and a hearty thank you to the casting direcotr for finding so many fine actresses for the show who are also drop dead gorgeous.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:03 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Aha! I knew it--Marianne is a Maenad (which is another word for a Bacchae or Bacchante--cf. wikipedia), an ancient Greek follower of Dionysus/Bacchus. And, like I said, she's truly evil--I can't believe she had Daphne killed like that--I hope that there's some way to put her down. Question: Daphne explained that Marianne can't control "supes", but why didn't her "spell" affect Andy when he walked in on the orgy? Maybe the alcohol??

Speaking of killed, I can't accept that Jason is dead--maybe that was a taser gun or some other kind of weapon that Sarah used--he's just too good a character to lose from the series.

I also figured that Barry would have some part to play in the story. Gee, I hope nothing happened to the guy. Likewise, I hope Bill is able to get away from Lorena. I wonder what will happen now that Bill knows that Eric is the one who sicced Lorena on him?

So that's Godric in modern dress. I'm really glad he put down that creepy perve Gabe. A theory: maybe the FOTS people drugged him (he looked kinda stoned) or, perhaps, he willingly gave himself up, i.e., he's tired of the immortal life and wants to die.

And finally, Hoyt is so sweet and Jessica is so scrumptious. Seeing that actress in her costume (or lack of one ;-) ) makes me wish I was a teenager or in my twenties again so that I still had the youth and energy to react to her...um...properly. :lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:40 pm 
12. Recently Gay

A lot to digest in this one. Is Jason dead? That did seem like a real gun, but we didn't actually see a bullet hit him, so he could be ok. I'm not a fan of the character but I don't think this is the time to dispatch him, so I expect he'll still be around. As for Andy I can't go along with it being the booze, lots of other people there were drunk or stoned. I'm forced to conclude, much against my will, that he's a supe. Although at what is hard to tell- chronically screwing up?

Marianne is a kind of god after all, and evil and probably immortal. and she also had a tie for my favorite line of the night, which was so classic I had to write it down while I was still watching the show- "Feeling sorry for things is just an excuse to not celebrate your own happiness." I had to snicker at that one. Maybe she's not so much evil as totally self absorbed. And nearly all powerful, not a good combination. And I was sorry she killed off Phoebe. Was I wrong or did she look happy at the last second, grateful to be killed by her god? Now that's creepy.

And Jessica was great again, and although I'm not sure how her romance with Hoyt moves the plot along, I'm thrilled that they keep showing them. And no surprise, she gets the tie for favorite line of the night when she tells Hoyt, "Don't freak out if I look all...dead." i believe I might become a fangbanger myself for her, and I'm not in my twenties anymore either. That is one awesome girl.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:27 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Yikes!! Talk about a cliffhanger ending.....:shock
I'm not terribly worried, though, since I'm sure that one of the vamps can move fast enough to disarm the "deadman's switch" that Luke seems to have set up, or perhaps Jason might be able to "talk him down". We'll just have to wait for next Sunday...grrrrrrr

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again--Marianne is eeeeviiiiillll. It was all I could do keep my supper down during the scene of her meal preparations for "soufflé au coeur de Daphne" and her subsequent tricking of Tara and Eggs into eating the vile concoction. She seems to be determined to initiate Tara and Eggs into her retinue....

I think that Sheriff Dearborn may just finally be starting to believe Andy, especially as regards Sam. I really wonder, though, if he'll be safe in jail,,,,

Poor Jessica. I have a question, though: if her...um...virginity keeps healing, how come Pam is able to cut Eric's hair? Shouldn't it immediately grow back?? Also, doesn't it mean that no vampire should ever be able to shave???

The Bill/Eric rivalry for Sookie should make for some interesting fireworks. I loved this particular bit of dialogue--

Sookie: Godric is your maker,isn't he?
Eric: Don't use words you don't understand.
Sookie: You love him, don't you?
Eric: Don't use words I don't understand.

I also loved the way that Sookie told off Lorena. I suspect she hasn't been spoken to that way in a looooooong time. ;-)

And what a wonderfully wise old vampire Godric seems to be. No wonder Eric has such respect for him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:53 am 
12. Recently Gay

Yikes indeed. But I'm sure something will happen to foil Luke's terrorist mission. Godric, for one, seems too fast to allow that bomb to explode in the nest. Yes, poor Jessica indeed. I hope Hoyt doesn't give up too easily. As for her healing properties the only theory I can offer is that hair may be different, I seem to remember reading once that hair was made of dead cells. Mariane and her cooking were truly terrifying. (And by the way, if you enjoy Michelle Forbes here you should check out the new season of Durham County.) As much as I can take or leave Jason I enjoyed him in the episode and he had a great line ("Judas? What did he do to you?") I also loved Sarah's line to him, "Grow a brain cell!" I hope we haven't seen the last of Sarah, maybe she'll end up siding with Jason. Eric is growing on me, was that an actual real smile after his talk with Jason? They are continuing to show real depth in characterization across the board, even Lorena was given some substance this week. Really brilliant television.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next