The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: I hated, hated, HATED this movie!
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:30 pm 
28. Com...plete

whatmakesyouhappy wrote:
have you ever seen Personal best (YUCK!)

Oh please! I came out in the 80s...of course I've seen Personal Best...and every other crap lesbian movie that was made in the last 20 years...

Why are there so few good lesbian movies anyway?

Last edited by umgaynow on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:41 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 8
Well *ahem* at least it had some nice views of Mariel Hemingway. :kdevil

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:26 pm 
28. Com...plete

Man, was I disappointed by The Golden Compass

I might have enjoyed it if I hadn't read the books, but they just ripped it to shreds...took out so many important things, changed things pointlessly and took all the menace and suspense out of it by chopping it up...total botch-job :happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:21 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Across the Universe. Saw it yesterday and just...what the fuck? :happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:04 am 
12. Recently Gay

Topics: 1
National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets.

Do yourselves a favour and stay away from this big steaming pile of doo-doo, seriously, how the hell did they get Helen Mirren to sign up for this crap. She can't have needed the money that badly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:33 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Sex and the City - a major yawn fest, I almost fell asleep.

I was never a fan of the series and went along to keep the other half happy...but I just couldn't understand it, wah, wah, wah marriage, children, shoes, shoes, fashion, blah, blah...couldn't care less, go get me some hot chicks with guns!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:28 am 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

My (recently single) sister went to see SATC and cried all the way through, apparently. She said it was all about how any man is better than no man, even if he's a cheating bastard. And if you don't have a man, your existence is pointless.

She didn't think it was giving particularly good signals....but she may have been a little baised by her circumstances.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:45 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

"Bug" Honestly I dont even now what the movie is about cuz i feel asleep at the theatre it was so boring! Oh and "Thirty Day's Of Night" - that movie was lamer than lame.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:21 pm 
3. Flaming O

Superbad.

I honestly feel like the only person on the planet who hated this freakin' movie. It might have something to do of course with the fact that I saw it on a plane (and god do I hate flying and how freakin' much I have to do it), but I seriously do not think managing to fit 5000 penis jokes in one movie can constitute being clever.

Plus, that Michael Cera kids just makes me mad.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:48 pm 

Sparks wrote:
Superbad.

I honestly feel like the only person on the planet who hated this freakin' movie. It might have something to do of course with the fact that I saw it on a plane (and god do I hate flying and how freakin' much I have to do it), but I seriously do not think managing to fit 5000 penis jokes in one movie can constitute being clever.

Plus, that Michael Cera kids just makes me mad.

haha my bestfriend hated it also for the same exacte reasons. lol.

Last edited by mmmh-Hot-Sauce on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:50 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

I disliked Superbad too so you're not alone! It was so incredibly misogynistic it just mad me angry, I hope that the time will come when dorks making penis jokes and trying to land chicks just isnt funny anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:05 am 
3. Flaming O

Phew, thats good to know. :)

But I still have to listen to it being quoted constantly by my silly guy friends. I agree with you Alcy, and that day should come soon because I don't know how many more of these I can take.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:19 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Bubba Ho tep..dear god it was bad

"Because love is. It just is and nothing you can say can make it go away because it is the point of why we are here, it is the highest point and once you are up there, looking down on everyone else, you're there forever. Because if you move, right, you fall. You fall."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:15 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

The worst movie I've ever seen was "Solaris". The whole family fell asleep on that movie and the time awake was like dying a slow, painful death...NEVER AGAIN!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:45 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Oh wow, where to start.....?

Probably best to start with the films I've seen the full way through.

Halloween 3: Season of the Witch - This is the only film in the Halloween series to not feature Micheal Myers (nor does it feature a witch despite the title). Nothing wrong with tring something different, but ye gods the TV jingle, counting down the days until halloween, that plays throughout the film is annoying.

Star Trek: The Motion picture - Well there are many bad Star Trek films and one or two good ones, but this stands out as the worst of the bunch. So the story goes, that once Star Wars came out, there was a mad rush to churn out a Star Trek film to cash in. They took a below-par (45 minute) script that had been rejected for the TV show and added a whole pile of filler to make it 2 or so hours long. :(

Transformers - Not the cartoon one from the 80s which I love, but the 2007 Michael Bay one. It suffered from a terrible script and ugly designs for the transformer robots. Michael Bay's trademark philosophy that having lots of explosions and car chases are more important then a decent plotline, was clearly at full force here.

A.I. Artificial Intelligence - I thought the storyline was far to wishy-washy and the only lasting memory of this film is a sence of disapointment.

Pearl Harbour - Wow. Only Hollywood could make Pearl Harbour into a victory for America. An overlong film again with Micheal Bay relying on special effects to disguise a poor script.

Rip Off (aka Beyond the City Limits) - Yes Aly was good in it, but everything else about it was dreadful. To me it was like a cheesy daytime soap opera writer had seen pulp fiction and wanted to do his own version of a Tarantino film, resulting in a terrible script. Also why would two Russian's be speaking English to each other, when nobody else is around anyway?

The Omen (2006 version) - The original version is really good so any remake was pointless. To then go and make a bad remake is just laughable.

And now for the films so bad I've resisted seeing in full for one reason or another:

U-571 - Complete rewriting of history by Hollywood undermining the achievements of real people during the war.

The Wicker Man (2006 version) - Why why why remake films that are already widely regarded as being one of the best films ever made? (Damn 2006 was a bad year for this happening). I've not seen this version and never plan to having seen a few clips on youtube of it - looked awful.
Worth mentioning alone for having Nicholas Cage dressed in a bear costume, punching a woman in the face. Ugh.

The Fast and the Furious - Borrowed my stepbrothers DVD of this one and managed about 6 minutes of it before it came out of the player. Vin Deisel is a classic example of a Hollywood star who doesn't need a stunt double, but realy could use someone to stand in for him when acting is required.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:55 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Hullo HC!
I'm going to have to disagree with you on "Star Trek TMP". This is not because I'm an old-school Trekkie (which I am ;-) ), but because you need to see Robert Wise's director's cut, which is available on DVD. It is this version which is the authoritative version, not the unspeakable mess that was originally released in theatres and on video (which I agree was dreadful).

"A.I." had many problems, mainly that it was way too long. Also, it was supposed to be a Stanley Kubrick project, but it got taken over by Spielberg after Kubrick's death. Too many cooks etc etc.

I certainly agree about the silly and pointless re-make of "The Wicker Man", but the original version was also problematic, in spite of good performances by Edward Woodward and Christopher Lee.

I absolutely agree about the re-make of "The Omen"-- why, WHY, WHY was this done???

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:21 am 
17. Mega-Witches

Enchanted.

Snore.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:21 am 
12. Recently Gay

I kind of enjoyed Transformers actually. For a Bay film it wasn's too bad. Not that I ever need to see it again mind you.

There were some good things in AI too, although the film as a whole doesn't work. I've never seen that alternate cut of Star Trek, have to check that out. Can't argue with any of those other choices.

I'm going to nominate Before Sunrise a much admired film that they made a sequel for a couple of years back. I loathed that film. I was praying some monster, say out of a Michael Bay film, would come along and tear them all to little pieces so the stupid thing would be over and my private agony would end. No such luck.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:02 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Hemiola wrote:
Hullo HC!
I'm going to have to disagree with you on "Star Trek TMP". This is not because I'm an old-school Trekkie (which I am ), but because you need to see Robert Wise's director's cut, which is available on DVD. It is this version which is the authoritative version, not the unspeakable mess that was originally released in theatres and on video (which I agree was dreadful).

I certainly agree about the silly and pointless re-make of "The Wicker Man", but the original version was also problematic, in spite of good performances by Edward Woodward and Christopher Lee.

Well I've only seen the regular version on TMP, and as you say we can both agree that version is bad. I'll have to check out the directors cut and see what difference that makes.

As for the original version of The Wicker Man, perhaps you've only seen the theatrical release of that film, which I agree there are problems with, for good reason. There is a directors cut of sorts as well, which is also available to buy, where a lot of cut scenes have been put back in. Sadly some scenes are still missing, and in interview it is Christopher Lee's strong suspicion that the studio was doing everything possible to kill the film (due to a change in ownership). They removed a lot of scenes in a hack-job of editing, desposed of all the negatives of cut scenes and refused to advertise the film at all. A credit to the film and the performances that it is as well regarded as it is despite efforts seeming to be made to ruin it.

Last edited by HC on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:42 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

HC wrote:
Transformers - Not the cartoon one from the 80s which I love, but the 2007 Michael Bay one. It suffered from a terrible script and ugly designs for the transformer robots. Michael Bay's trademark philosophy that having lots of explosions and car chases are more important then a decent plotline, was clearly at full force here.

First off, I don't wish to be rude, but if your argument for not liking the movie boils down to "I hate the designs", then you don't really know what you're talking about. Tons for old school fans made the same argument, and it turned out to be meaningless in the end.

Second off...the plot was OK. At least, I though so.

Now, to contribute to the thread, I must say that if you have any thoughts about going to see the new animtead Clone Wars movie, don't. It's not that great a film, and it'll just be on TV in two months anyway. Save your money.

Last edited by SithLordWiccan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:11 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

SithLordWiccan wrote:
First off, I don't wish to be rude, but if your argument for not liking the movie boils down to "I hate the designs", then you don't really know what you're talking about.

Believe me, it's not just that. I found the plot took far too long to get going, the humour was not to my taste, the characters one dimensional, the transformers themselves were relegated to background characters and the story was very predictable. Not liking the designs either just meant I couldn't sit back and admire the visuals.

Last edited by HC on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:33 am 
10. Troll Hammer

I really hated the X-Men movies...my ex made me watch two of them and I just can't stand them, so I didn't bother to watch the third one ;-)... Don't want to offend anyone with that, cuz I know there are a lot of ppl out there, who love the movies. This is my personal view and I just think the movies are absolutely exaggerated and totally bore me to death.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:22 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Kessari wrote:
absolutely exaggerated

That's superheroes for you.

Last edited by alika on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:12 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Some superheros are just WOW, but this movies just piss me off. I really dunno why, though. Maybe cuz my ex forced me to watch them and they just go sooooo over the top.
I also really disliked Donny Darko. Yep, been forced to watch that too. Three times in one night. ARGH! :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:04 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Oh, I just remembered a movie, that was so bad, that I must have almost forgotten it. LOL: Has anyone of you seen "The Bourne Ultimatum"? I watched it with three friends and only one of us enjoyed it. I fell asleep because I was just so bored. ;-)
The first movie was really good and the second was okay, in my opinion, but this one just was a waste of time and money. The action was boring and it just had no real storyline...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:02 am 
5. Willowhand

Okay, I need to chime in for the hating of 'Superbad'

It wasn't remotely funny, the jokes were poor and seemed repeated over and over and ripped from other movies, the plot line was painfull and slow and saw NOTHING happen...

I still shudder to think of it

*sighs* Ah, I feel much better-and its good to know others agree! Everyone else I talk to seem to have loved it :S

:D
~Gabs

A spirit is a special thing...it can never truly be broken, and never, ever be tamed. The most calmed spirits out there, hold a wild edge to them...for they are the very essence of a person, and every person is capeable of anything.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:04 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Okay, here are my most hated movies:

TITANIC-- what can i say besides BORING!!!!!

THE GAME PLAN-- dumb

FRIDAY THE 13TH-- snooze fest, i fell asleep to each one within the first 5 minutes

CON AIR-- because it's Trisha Yearwood singing "How Do I Live" instead of LeAnn Rimes

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN-- gay cowboys (come again?), it was just plain boring

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:14 pm 

Ah HAAAAA!!! I went hunting for this thread just so I could let go of this vent that I've been holding onto for weeks! My girl and a friend of ours dragged me to Dark Shadows not long after it came out. They laughed uproariously through the whole thing. The funniest part for me was Michelle Pfeifer's macrome'd owl earrings. Seriously, the best parts could all be seen by watching the commercials for this royal stinker. It was so bad, I can't even articulate why it was so bad! The fabulous 70's wardrobe was easily the best part of this mess. I have no idea what the hell anyone was thinking when they put this together.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:13 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Dumb and Dumber. A friend of mine made me sit through that waste of film. Two hours of my life I'll never get back.

Then there are just some actors that I just don't like so I avoid their films. I just don't get their appeal. Nicholas Cage, Ben Affleck, and Ben Stiller - they're the same in every movie they're in. I also don't get the latest James Bond, Bond is supposed to be dashing, handsone and sexy (thinking Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan here). He's not, his face hurts my head.

Oh, Sean Penn and Leonardo DeCaprio... They both join the others above that couldn't act their way out of a paper bag open at both ends...

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:25 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
vampyregurl73 wrote:
Then there are just some actors that I just don't like so I avoid their films. I just don't get their appeal. Nicholas Cage, Ben Affleck, and Ben Stiller - they're the same in every movie they're in. I also don't get the latest James Bond, Bond is supposed to be dashing, handsone and sexy (thinking Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan here). He's not, his face hurts my head.

Oh, Sean Penn and Leonardo DeCaprio... They both join the others above that couldn't act their way out of a paper bag open at both ends...

Sean Penn's had a moment or two, but pretty much +1 to everything here

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next