The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:51 pm 
9. Gay Now

SithLordWiccan wrote:
Yeah, I’m still around, though I haven’t much to say on the Doctor Who front, since CBC still hasn’t announced an air date for the start of Series Four..

DW Information Network

Friday 19th September 9:00 pm

We can talk more now

Last edited by Feena on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:00 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Topics: 1
Feena wrote:
DW Information Network

Friday 19th September 9:00 pm

We can talk more now

Yeah, I heard about that an hour ago. Yay!

Also Yay!, we're going to be getting "The Invasion of Time" and "K-9 Tales" on September 2nd, the same day we also get the Live Action Transformers Movie in Blu-Ray!

And if we're getting "Invasion of Time", the Bred for War set can't be far behind. Can't think of any reason why that'll get dropped like the Davros set.

Last edited by SithLordWiccan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:42 am 
28. Com...plete

Topics: 12
SithLordWiccan wrote:
WebWarlock wrote:
RTD is a big Dalek fan

Then why has he frakked up their legacy even worse than during the lowest of the JNT era?

See I don't see that at all. What does bug me though is they were destroyed in the time war and yet they keep finding more and more of them.

Tim

Tara: "My whole life has been 'Tara, don't use your magic.' 'Tara, hide your powers.' 'Tara you will scare someone.' But you tried to hurt and then kill Willow. So maybe it is time I showed everyone just how powerful I am."
- The Dragon and the Phoenix, Episode 7: The Road to Hell

Last edited by WebWarlock on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:54 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

WebWarlock wrote:
What does bug me though is they were destroyed in the time war and yet they keep finding more and more of them.

That's what I was talking about, yeah.

Last edited by SithLordWiccan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:28 am 
28. Com...plete

Ok, yeah I get that.

The deal is with me I never was a big Dalek fan. I liked the Cybermen much more.

Course I can appreciate how scary and important the Daleks were/are they just kinda get on my nerves after a while.

I am hoping that under Moffat we see less of them in favor of some other aliens, old or new.

Tim

Tara: "My whole life has been 'Tara, don't use your magic.' 'Tara, hide your powers.' 'Tara you will scare someone.' But you tried to hurt and then kill Willow. So maybe it is time I showed everyone just how powerful I am."

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:45 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

WebWarlock wrote:
Course I can appreciate how scary and important the Daleks were/are they just kinda get on my nerves after a while.

The problem is that the new series was built on the fact that the Daleks, like the Time Lords, were wiped out. Doing anything to go against that shows a lack of ideas, no matter how much RTD believes the Daleks need to be in the show.

Now, to be fair, "Dalek" was a classic, and not that bad of an episode. It's just that, as the Law of Diminishing Returns proves, subsequent uses never quite reached that level. Of course, that may have something to do with the fact that a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card was employed each and every time, simply to cart them off for their next appearance.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:44 am 
9. Gay Now

SithLordWiccan wrote:
It's just that, as the Law of Diminishing Returns proves, subsequent uses never quite reached that level. Of course, that may have something to do with the fact that a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card was employed each and every time, simply to cart them off for their next appearance.

Not a fan of "Emergency Temporal Shift" then!

Someone has spent a lot of time and put this compilation on YouTube. Some of it may just be coincidental, but it's interesting nonetheless...

Doctor Who - A Brief History of the Darkness

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:50 am 
9. Gay Now

*whimpers and tries to stay out of the shadows*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:48 am 
28. Com...plete

That was something else really.

No of course I want to know more about the Doctor and the archeologist.
I have to admit at first I thought she end up being Bernice Summerfiled.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:32 am 
9. Gay Now

WebWarlock wrote:

No of course I want to know more about the Doctor and the archeologist.
I have to admit at first I thought she end up being Bernice Summerfiled.

Tim

'Something else' in a good way? I've never read any of the books so I never thought of her.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:50 am 
28. Com...plete

Tottally in a good way!

It was great.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:54 pm 
9. Gay Now

SithLordWiccan wrote:
I have seen the new trailer, and I just have to say one thing: at what point does the BBC quit playing the whole The Fans Know Davros is the Series Four Big Bad, But We’re Not Going To Say So” game?

Answer: 47 seconds into said trailer.

They've no choice now...the official picture has leaked

Tomorrow's episode Midnight is supposed to be excellent, very scary and one of RTD's best!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:07 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Feena wrote:
They've no choice now...the official picture has leaked

Wow. Ironic. The Season Finale of Battlestar Galactica sent me on such an emotional high, even this piece of frak can't bring me down.

I'll give them credit, thought. It looks like Davros. But then again, so did the Cybermen, and we all know how quickly they went from being a credible enemy to a throwaway plot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm 
9. Gay Now

Wow. Midnight. Steven Moffat might have a rival for this year's Hugo Award - and that's not something I ever thought I'd say about an RTD episode! :D

It was like an episode of The Twilight Zone, and I loved it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:01 am 
3. Flaming O

WebWarlock wrote:

Yep. I heard that Steven Moffat's considering changing the title of the show to
Spoiler:
The Family Who

Thanks for the Davros pic Feena. There had been rumours some time ago of a younger actor playing Davros so I was expecting a younger Davros with lot less make-up. I'm glad to see I was wrong though.

Feena wrote:
Wow. Midnight. Steven Moffat might have a rival for this year's Hugo Award - and that's not something I ever thought I'd say about an RTD episode!

It wasn't my cup of tea I'm afraid. It got too dark for me at the end. I would have preferred it as a Torchwood episode rather than Doctor Who.

Last edited by erith on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:01 pm 
5. Willowhand

Profile of RTD in this weekend's New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/15/arts/ ... 0&emc=eta1

Opening paragraph:

Quote:
RUSSELL T DAVIES, perhaps the most admired writer and producer working in British television drama, was once confronted at a wedding by a fellow guest bristling with indignation about a scene in Mr. Davies’s hugely successful, family-friendly science fiction series, “Doctor Who.” In the scene Capt. Jack Harkness, a swaggering intergalactic hero who exuberantly lusts after both men and women, plants quick kisses on the mouths of both the title character and the title character’s female sidekick as they face imminent death.

House: "Another life saved by girl-on-girl action."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:00 pm 
9. Gay Now

Davros speaks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:46 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Feena wrote:

Must...not...allow...self...to...feel...excited. Will...only...be...disappointed....

In other news, I was searching Wikipedia, and came across this in the Cult of Skaro entry:

Quote:
According to the Doctor Who Files book on the Cult Of Skaro, Dalek Sec was the Commander of the Seventh Incursion Squad and led the attack on the Mechanoids on Magella before being promoted by the Dalek Emperor.

In other words, it would appear that Sec was the Dalek Supreme seen in "The Chase." How's that for a retcon?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:35 am 
28. Com...plete

A little retcon never hurt anyone. ;)

THe finale looks HUGE. Capt. Jack, Gwen, Ianto, Sarah Jane, Martha, Rose. Everyone in RTD's family album really.

I have been trying to get my wife to watch Genesis of the Daleks before this all happens. I might have to withhold new Whos from her till we do. ;)

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:16 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

WebWarlock wrote:
A little retcon never hurt anyone.

You're telling this to a guy who, as a Star Wars fan, has seen some pretty big whoppers over the years.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:39 pm 
9. Gay Now

Another clip....this thing is going to be MASSIVE :bounce :bounce

The Stolen Earth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:44 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Feena wrote:
Another clip....this thing is going to be MASSIVE

The Stolen Earth

If that's what I think it is (the clip from BBC), then I have to do the most amazing thing I've ever done.

Agree with you.

In other news, looks like CBC won't be airing Torchwood Series 2. That honor appears to be going to the SPACE channel. (News care of John "Captain Jack" Barrowman's website.)

It starts August 8th. Which is amusing, as we'll be getting Series 2 on DVD September 16th. So unless they air it on weekdays or do two episodes a week, it won't be done by the time of the DVD release.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:08 pm 
9. Gay Now

SithLordWiccan wrote:
Feena wrote:
Another clip....this thing is going to be MASSIVE

The Stolen Earth

If that's what I think it is (the clip from BBC), then I have to do the most amazing thing I've ever done.

Agree with you.

I'm in shock!!

It's actually a clip from a Channel Four programme so it may be a different one. Michael Brandon is in it as a UNIT officer in New York, declaring that "we are at war". Cue lots of daleks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:13 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Feena wrote:
I'm in shock!!

Yeah, I'm surprised, too. But between the BBC clip and the two trailers, I'm starting to think think this might not be the overblown, gimmicky fan-fic riddled plotline RTD's finales have become known for.

Course, I could end up being wrong. We'll known for sure this time tomorrow...at least partially. Next week's the real test.

Feena wrote:
It's actually a clip from a Channel Four programme so it may be a different one. Michael Brandon is in it as a UNIT officer in New York, declaring that "we are at war". Cue lots of daleks!

Someone point me in the direction of a YouTube link. Me wanna see.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:16 pm 
9. Gay Now

The link above should work for you, I think.

If not, this is Youtube but the quality's not so good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:23 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Feena wrote:
The link above should work for you, I think.

Well, I don't know that website, and I'd prefer not to risk my computer on an unknown website.

That having been said, thanks for the 'Tube link. Quality of the clip isn't that questionable, though my doubts have returned again (the Dalek attack is kinda overblown, don't you think?)

That aside, awesome clip. And isn't it funny how the new Dalek Supreme sounds just like the Emperor from "Parting of the Ways?"

Last edited by SithLordWiccan on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:53 pm 
9. Gay Now

SithLordWiccan wrote:
my doubts have returned again (the Dalek attack is kinda overblown, don't you think?)

That aside, awesome clip. And isn't it funny how the new Dalek Supreme sounds just like the Emperor from "Parting of the Ways?"

I guess there is a limit to the number of voices Nick Briggs can do

The Daleks have stolen planets from across the universe and are starting to destroy Earth - it has to be big!

The episode itself....well I'm still breathless, and I need to watch it again to catch the bits I missed between squeeing and cheering. If you're spoiler-free it's a definite WTF, WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED, I DON'T BELIEVE IT...kind of ending,

And there's no "Next Time" trailer...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:27 am 
3. Flaming O

I was mostly unspoiled and when the episode ended all I could think was 'now just wait a minute, you can't do that!' and 'how on earth can they get out of that?' It really deserved the big stonking

Spoiler:
TO...BE...CONTINUED

Great stuff! :-D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:23 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

OK, I'm halfway through the episode (somebody's posted it on YouTube, though I don't expect it to stay long), and all I'll say is that I officially take back every negative thing I've ever said about it. :D

This ep is awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:17 am 
9. Gay Now

*waits for SLW to finish watching the episode*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next