The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: Catching Sunflowers In Bloom
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:02 am 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

I haven't got time now...I will be back later....just wanted to say I loved it.
:clap :flower :clap :flower :clap :flower :clap :flower :clap :flower :clap :flower

Henster

*************************************************************************************

Wooo Em that was a beautiful ending. I'm still in shock I never thought this story would end ..or just hoped it wouldn't but it did and in a perfect way. 'Wooo hooo an other complete fic. CONGRATS!!!!!!!

I love the idea that they adopted little Shylee and especially that they still have a connection with her birth mother. I just got one ? Where Willow and T there when she gave birth.

Willow is a darling she didn't wanted to sale but she knew Tara should make that choice it was once her life and only she knows if she could handle living there again.

Tara a city girl that was so funny and yes it's Willow's fault that she loves and needs to be in the dirty polluted city air and driving a porsh :lol

The end of this update/story was perfect and so happy tears.
Shylee and Katie Nelson are the beginning of the a new romantic Cathing Sunflowers in Bloom :love

CONGRATS again on a wonderful story!!!!!!!!!!

Henny

Last edited by DreamLover on Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:50 am 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

Awwww..that was a wonderful and beautiful ending :x :x thank you. Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong and those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler. [Evan Rachel Wood]

Credit for icon: lj user crazedxinsanity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:56 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

:applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause
Bravo Emms!

Wow, that was a beautiful ending. It is sad the the story is over but what a fantastic journey it was. I love that they decided not to sell the farm, so many wonderful memories there. What a great place it will be to spend their summers. And Shylee is such a cutey! It's so cool that they decided to adopt. What a great, loving family to grow up in!

Again, wonderful finish! :-D
-anna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:14 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Wow, I wasn't expecting so much time to have passed, but I really like it. The closure. I love the images of the farm at night, the serinity and warmth. Beatutifly written. Thank you for sharing this story with us. I will be keeping an eye out for more fics by you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:27 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

That was a delightful ending, Emms - the images of Tara looking out of the window and the fireflies around the windows were evocative. Nice symmetry with Shylee finding a young friend in Cullison, as well, and lovely how it ended up where it began.

Great job, and congratulations on finishing your fic!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:13 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Congratulations! :balloons Another completed fic! Yay!

I thought the last chapter will be about them settling in when they move back to Sunnydale. But skipping 16 years is even better! Muchly with the better.

While I'm sad that Mr Maclay died alone, somehow I can't find it in my heart to blame either Tara or Donnie. It's bad to say "he deserved it", but he did bring it upon himself. The funeral itself was sad and intense, as was the people attending the wake
Quote:
leaving behind casseroles in white containers and brownies in glass pans

which somehow felt very very sad.

Over the years we've been introduced to many W/T children, and I must say your Shylee, with only a small appearance, has already made an impression.

Quote:
The use of magic to conceive had never been an option as they both knew the importance of respecting the natural order things and were well versed on the repercussions for miss use.

Magical conception works for some situations, and I love fics where they have kids that way. But for this one, you're right, this fic is very much all.about.nature and the desire not to disturb the natural order of things is fitting.

I wasn't surprised when they mention the realtor, though I was disappointed too.
Quote:
"There really are a lot of memories here…"

and
Quote:
"And not just having to do with us...they are of my mother too…" Tara set her jaw firm. "We can't sell this place Will. I can't sell this place. It's a part of me...it's a part of us."

Tara is right, they can't sell the place. And well done to Willow for understanding her love so well.

Quote:
Willow came into the room and crossed the room to stand by Tara. The blonde wasn't looking at her; her gaze was focused out the window at some point in the distance. Willow looked out, but could see nothing but the sea of Sunflowers.

Not the ending, though the image of fireflies gathering to pay their respect to the farmhouse before dispersing is simply beautiful, for me the paragraph that grabbed my attention was this one. Willow walking up to Tara -- just like the first time, of Willow and Ira coming into town. Tara being pensive, cos there is a lot for her to think about. And of course the Sunflowers, the beautiful sunflowers that give this story its unique atmosphere and feel. I don't know if it's morning or night there, but I can see the moon peeping out, even during the day sometimes we can see the moon, so that's the image that will be in my head.

Like I said, congratuations! Many congratulations!
[br]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:03 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Sniff... it's over? :cry

But it was a good epilogue, very heartwarming. Seeing Willow and Tara, older and wiser, with a little girl of their own, just like they were all those years ago. And the sense that, like the sunflowers before Willow and Tara revived them, the farm has been waiting for them to come back, dormant... it was really beautiful. I was really pleased that they decided to keep the farm, there's so many memories there - playing in the fields, the storms, being reunited after so long apart, the loft in the barn, working up a good honest sweat out in the sun... :x

I found Donnie's part in the epilogue interesting too, in contrast to Tara's - it seems he's always been the more volatile of the two of them, probably because he didn't have so much contact with their mother. Tara's very much her mother's daughter. I wasn't sure at the time, but putting it together with Tara's feelings about the farm, I think now that he didn't want it sold either, he just didn't know how to say it. So he just distanced himself from the whole process - but perhaps now, with their father gone, and it being Tara's farm (and, in a sense, the farm it was when her mother was there) he'll come back and visit the good memories.

I loved the final image - all the fireflies, like fairies (brings to mind the end of Midsummer Night's Dream), happy that the place is glowing warmly again.

I'm going to miss this story - but, if it's said anything, it's that good memories can always be made new again, like the sunflowers, and the farm itself in the end. :bow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:56 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I haven't been around as much as I should lately but I just wanted to drop in and let you know what a wonderful job you've done with this story. The epilogue had a nice epilogue-y feeling to it and gave it completeness. The imagery is still my favorite part of this piece and how nice of you to leave us in those sunflowers...with a mix of hope and love in such a few well chosen words. Great job Emms :clap

~Cyd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:49 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hey Emms,
What a wonderful ending. I feel like it really wrapped it up and came back to full circle. The girls being home and bringing their daughter home was really sweet. Of course it was easy to see Tara's pain even though she hadn't seen her father in so long. Nice to think of them having such a long happy life together. Well done.

You know what's funny? I had never read A Different Life before and finished it today. Liked very much. Well done on both.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:54 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Oh Emms, I hope you can forgive me. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to this, but I'm so glad I did. It's truly one of my favorites, as are you.

This was such a heartwarming story and the way you brought it around at the end was simply beautiful. I'll admit I'm a sucker for the sweetness in your stories that it makes me all mushy inside, and I don't admit that to many people. But you Emms, you have a way of making me a mushy Wimpy.

Thanks for sharing yet another of your wonderful stories, and I'm sad to see it end. But now, I'm so excited to see that I have some of your new stories to have the pleasure to get started on. So off I go, happily, to read on, the beautiful words of Emms.

Thanks again!

Hugs!

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:54 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey Emms!

I wasn't around for a while, had a lot of work and so I missed the glorious finish of Sunflowers!

But.. I'm here now.

I just wanted to say, that this is a really wonderful story. I' m really glad you have some unfinished ones around, so there will always be an Emms-story to read!

Lucky me!

I loved the way you closed the circle in the epilog. Coming back to where our girls started and starting new with Shylee and the neighbours girl!

Great job!

Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:43 am 
10. Troll Hammer

hiya ms emms... i've been wandering through your fabulous fics and i just realized that i've never left feedback to this wonderful story yet... anyways, way before i found this site, i stumbled upon this story through chris' site... it was almost finished by that time and i eagerly ate up all your wonderful words... this story is what hooked me to the greatness that is misskittys ball o yarn... to say that i absolutely loved this fic is an understatement, but i'm not good with words as you... the simple words i can come up seem not enough to show you to what extent your story touched my heart (that actually goes to all your other wonderful creations) but i hope this simple girl with her simple words still is able to show you her appreciation for letting us in on the inner workings of your talented brain... thank you! you carried away me to a wonderful world... i could just imagine being in the middle of a field surrounded by thousands of sunflowers basking in the force that is the sun up above....

again, thank you for this wonderful story... and the sequel in the fruitcake series is a wonderful in itself as well!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:54 am 
3. Flaming O

i was wondering why i couldnt find this in the completed section lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:12 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

New to the archive. You can leave feedback! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:37 pm 
3. Flaming O

amazing xx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:06 am 
28. Com...plete

This story was amazingly awesome Emms!!! :love :party :luv :pinky :flower :bounce :applause :dance :kiss :clap :bow ...i'm just sorry I took so long getting around to reading it...but was I started I became obsessed. I love your writing so much, and this story was so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing it with us kitties :-D

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:55 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I just found this fic and all I can say is **wow**

Everything in this fic came full circle and the title... how appropriate and fitting. Kudos to you :aww <----Lots of those actually. I think you may have given Mr. Whedon and his other writing pals a run for their money in the aspect that is Willow and Tara.

These two had such a beautiful relationship on the show and you have described that level so well that you make it look easy. :sheep

Again, KUDOS to you and where can we find more stories as phenomenal as this one?

Ahh... the things we say when we're dumbfounded...
Amber: "Hi I'm Amber... and this is (referring to Adam Busch)...

Me: "I know who he is... (scowling) He's the guy who killed your character."

Amber stifling a chuckle: "This is Adam."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:32 am 
19. Yummy Face

Wow :thud Awesome story. You truly have a way with words. Thanks for this beautiful story.

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:24 am 
2. Floating Rose

this was a awesome fic i read it twice i even put in my favorites to read later

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:47 am 
3. Flaming O

i love this fic ive read it on the looking glass

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:31 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

What can I say ... I love the happy endings. Thank you for a beautifull story javascriptemoticon(':wtkiss')

GiSe.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:31 pm 
3. Flaming O

What a beautiful story, just what i was looking for! A great romantic well written sensual story to read to forget the troubles of the real world! Bravo!
:D

x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:57 am 
3. Flaming O

what a lovely story. I started this fic last week and I just finished reading. Really enjoyed how you wrote willow and tara and their relationship. And liked that she had such a good bond with donny.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:25 am 
3. Flaming O

Hi Emms,
Thank you for a this beautiful story, the images stay strong within my mind and the end was just perfect! I've been reading this over the past few days and even though the sky is gray with occasional snow, the ground frozen ad white and despite the cold cracking wid findig ways inside my apartment, I've felt the summer heat and I've expected golden colours looking outside. So, oce again, thank you!

-Nen

~The Show Must Go On by Queen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:09 pm 
5. Willowhand

Well, now I'm crying. Seriously tears are streaming! Gosh, I'm so sensitive.

This is officially one of my favourite stories EVER! Thank you for this, Emms :flower

Natalie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:19 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
I still read this fic every year, usually in the summer. It is by far my all time favorite Fic. I love how it’s written, so descriptive that you can almost feel the warm sun on your skin and smell the fresh cut grass. Sometimes fics go off the rails and become inconsistent with the true nature of the characters, but the consistency here is one of the reasons I love it so much.

Thank you for writing this fic, it is a true masterpiece.

-S.

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17