The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 426 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Veronica Mars
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:48 pm 
19. Yummy Face

The CW started the show on a downslide when they got rid of the season-long mysteries.

They spent too much time on the the troubles of Logan and Veronica, and people are just fed up with them. There were lots of opportunities to involve Wallace and Mac, but they chose not to. Piz and Parker should have just been recurring characters.

I still want another season as long as they spend less time on Logan and Veronica and more time on Mac, Wallace and Keith.

Last edited by The Rose24 on Tue May 01, 2007 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:36 pm 
19. Yummy Face

I liked the ep.

My Veronica withdrawal is over. I am so glad it is back because I did not watch The Pussycat Dolls.

I don't care what anyone else here says. I like Piz and Veronica, but I know it won't last due to Piz's committment to the new show next season.

I loved seeing Veronica and Mac bonding.

What is going on with her and Bronson? Max is okay, but I haven't thought about him since that awful ep.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:09 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 1
The Rose24 wrote:
I liked the ep.

Well, with apologies to you and anyone else who felt the same way, I thought tonight's episode was amazingly vomitrociously bad.

First, we get not one, but two beat-you-over-the-head-with-the-moral storylines, followed by ten or fifteen agonizing minutes of college-age dating musical chairs. I didn't have the patience for that when I was in college. And the preview for next week's episode looks like more of the same.

If this is the direction they're planning to take the show, I'm not going to be hoping too much for its renewal.

My Author Website - http://www.rablack.com

Last edited by BBOvenGuy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:42 pm 
19. Yummy Face

It was not the best ep, but I am happy to see it instead of The Pussycat Dolls.

It sure is a lot better than "Poughkeepsie, Tramps and Thieves." I think that is the worst ep ever on Veronica mars.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:14 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

The Rose24 wrote:
It was not the best ep, but I am happy to see it instead of The Pussycat Dolls.

Okay, I'll give you that one...

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:58 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

All I have to say is, "Pizonica is LIFE." I am such a fan of that couple, even though we know it's not going to go on for long. I've been waiting for it ALL SEASON.

diamondforever's fanfiction archive

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:34 pm 
19. Yummy Face

I love Deputy Leo! He is who I really want Veronica with, and I have always been a Veronica and Leo fan.

*Sigh* Poor Bronson. Why are all of the nice guys treated so badly on this show? I like him a lot better than that cheater Max.

Vinnie Van Lowe is crooked and dirty and does not deserve to be sheriff.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:17 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Yahoo!News reports that Veronica Mars is now "inching closer to a renewal." Apparently, the suits liked the trailer for the series revamp idea that would fast-forward Veronica to the FBI Academy. The fact that Gilmore Girls isn't coming back has had an effect on the decision-making process, too.

Last night's episode was pre-empted here in Southern California for coverage of the Griffith Park fire. Please tell me it didn't have another agonizing ten to fifteen minutes of relationship drama...

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:28 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

All I remember of the last 2 episodes is that Mac was in them. That's all I care about. Makes it worth my time since she always has something cute to say.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:10 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Mac is already having second thoughts about Max. I don't blame her because he has no focus. Hee. Hee.

This ep is pretty heart-warming for me. I am glad Apollo and Kizza find each other.

I was a little surprised to see Big Dick back and Dick Jr. actually showing some emotion.

Congrats to Veronica for getting her PI license and getting the FBI internship!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:09 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 8
It seems likely that the whole "FBI Internship" thing is a set-up for "Veronica Mars Mark II"--the "re-tooled" version of the show that supposedly so enchanted the network execs.

Of course, I have some misgivings: I'd hate to see the lovely and talented Kristen Bell reduced to a mere ensemble member as part of a "procedural" team--there are so many of them on the air right now (e.g. "Criminal Minds"). :happy
Furthermore, I would much regret the loss of so many fine characters from the original format, especially Keith, who added so much to the show!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:37 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I agree. I have no idea how they are going to preserve the integrity of the show, which is really based so much on the relationship that Veronica and Keith have with each other.

One way I could see it is probably Keith not winning the sheriff election. It would give him reason to up and leave Neptune and follow Veronica to Washington. I really hope that they can keep that relationship on the forefront, because it's what really makes the show special. You can find snarky blondes anywhere on television these days. :P

I will miss Pizonica, though. I liked those two. And I'll miss the rest of the cast -- they were all cute and dysfunctional and awesome. But Wallace is going to Africa for who knows how long, and Pizonica's going to end, so Piz will disappear. I'm reluctant to give them up.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:04 am 
2. Floating Rose

It's all but official that Veronica Mars is done.

From Variety:

The CW has officially greenlit three dramas and two unscripted magazine shows — and it's looking like the sun is going down on "Veronica Mars."

Definitely gone: "All of Us," the Will Smith-produced laffer that ran for three seasons on UPN and CW. Returning shows snagging official pickups: Laffers "Girlfriends" and "The Game," and dramas "Smallville," "Supernatural" and “One Tree Hill." CW picked up "Everybody Hates Chris" for a third season earlier this spring

And while nothing's official, people familiar with the situation said "Mars" was, indeed, canceled.

EDIT:

Or not; TV Guide's Michael Ausiello seems to think there might still be hope.

Quote:
Veronica Mars is still clinging to life.

Despite reports this morning that the show has been canceled, Rob Thomas just assured me via e-mail that there's "nothing definitive." That jives with what I told you in Ask Ausiello: It's possible CW head Dawn Ostroff is delaying a final verdict on VM until after Thursday's upfront.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:56 pm 
12. Recently Gay

We finally got the official cancellation announcement today, so we can stop worrying and just be angry with the CW instead. Although really, if you believe in the theory that we get the quality of programs that we deserve, the fact that VM never managed to get a decent audence kinda says it all anyway. The world wants more bad reality shows, painfully unfunny sitcoms and blatantly obvious police shows. Bitterness, bitterness, I'm just overflowing with bitterness.

Anyway, I liked this weeks ep, liked that they didn't make the former child soldier a scam artist as I had feared they might and was glad to see the little promo for the cause at the end. Liked Dick's scene with his Dad, and Mac's realization that the new guy is not for her long term but that she doesn't have to dump him either. Loved VM's whole test score contest with her Dad. Apart from Parker/Logan being a little annoying it was a solid ep. One more to go and then I never have to watch the CW again.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:52 pm 
19. Yummy Face

I expected this, so I am not surprised but still no less devastated.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:37 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

seurat wrote:
The world wants more bad reality shows, painfully unfunny sitcoms and blatantly obvious police shows.

Not the world - just the American broadcast networks. These days, I'm pretty much watching as much TV from Britain and Asia as I am from the US. Thank you, internet.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:06 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Topics: 5
Oh, we have terrible reality shows, unfunny sitcoms and obvious police shows here in the UK too. My satellite package is filled with bad shows from all over the world, but even more from here at home. It's only recently we've started to export good and bad shows to the US!

I'd match the best of UK TV against the best the US has to offer (though our strengths seem to be in different areas) but the US just has so many more channels that your dross is so much more deeply buried than ours!

And on the subject of VM - it's a shame, but hardly unexpected. I've learned to watch out for US ratings on shows I get interested in just to figure out if it's likely to be worth getting into it.

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*
-------------------------

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:13 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Katharyn wrote:
Oh, we have terrible reality shows, unfunny sitcoms and obvious police shows here in the UK too. My satellite package is filled with bad shows from all over the world, but even more from here at home.

Ah, but at least you have Doctor Who...

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:01 pm 
19. Yummy Face

"Weevils Wobble, but They Don't Fall Down." Ep 3:19

I liked this ep, but it looks as if Weevil is still out of a job.

What is he planning on doing with the machine? I guess we will never know.

Good to see Veronica and Weevil teaming up again.

It looks as if Wallace is doing really well in his classes now. He will probably be really successful.

Loved Mac and Dick's "heart to heart" (lol), and I am glad it doesn't go any further.

"The Bitch is Back" Ep 3:20 Series Finale :sob

I had a feeling we wouldn't get any closure.

It looks as if Keith won't be getting elected as sheriff. Veronica will always be his #1 priority sheriff or not. I wish we had seen more of Deputy Leo though. He is only in it for a few seconds.

As usual, Weevil and Veronica work well together.

Mac, as usual, is Veronica's #1 computer geek. She always comes through. Thank goodness there is no Max in this ep.He really annoys me for some reason.

Wallace will always be loyal to Veronica. He has taken a lot of shots just being Veronica's friend.

What did Clarence and Jake call themselves doing? Unfortunately, we will never know.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:56 am 
10. Troll Hammer

It is with genuine sadness and regret that I say farewell to this marvelous series, so distinguished by its outstanding acting, writing, and producing. Here we truly have a case of something being forced to end before its time (unlike, say, certain other shows which continued long past their "freshness date" :lol). The only thing that the ratings prove is that the show was way too intelligent for the knuckle-walking, drooling, spastic morons that make up so much of the viewing audience these days. :smash

But, as the poet said, "hope springs eternal". Perhaps the CW will go for the "re-tooled" version of VM (with Keith sure to lose the election, he could easily follow Veronica to Quantico :) )--I note that all the promotion for last night's episodes referred to them as the "season finale" rather than the "series finale" :pray . Or, as occasionally happens, one of the more enterprising cable networks could pick up the show (Lifetime? USA? FX? TBS?--it could work nicely on any of them).

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:24 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

The worst part is that these 2 episodes were really wonderful, old style Veronica. I think they made me even sadder that the show wasn't coming back. I wish the early part of the season had been as good.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:47 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Quote:
The worst part is that these 2 episodes were really wonderful, old style Veronica. I think they made me even sadder that the show wasn't coming back. I wish the early part of the season had been as good.

I completely agree. These two episodes were throwbacks to the old days, where the twists were simple but clever, and all the characters were like the way they were before. I loved that Wallace got so much screentime, and I found it charming that Logan could be such an ass.

This show will be missed. It didn't feel like a series finale. I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that it was a series finale.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:48 pm 
12. Recently Gay

I liked both ep's too, especially the scene with VM,Mac and Wallace flying his plane. (Yeah, Piz was there too but he really doesn't count.) Nice to see a lot of Weevil finally in that ep too. And the Rob Thomas line was great. Not quite as good as the best of Season One, but a very solid ep. In the finale I liked seeing VM's inexorable push to get the truth about the video and the chaos and fear she generated on the way Some nice callbacks in that ep too, the picture of Lilly especially. But I was sad about the ending with the vote and her walking away in the rain, I think if they'd known this was gong to be the final shot they would have done something more positive

From what I understand there is no chance of any kind of pickup. The writers are taking other jobs, and CW's option on Kristen Bell expires in a matter of days. They have no deal with RT and would have to sign him all over again. I'd say this is it. We may get some indication of where they were going to go with these characters on the dvd commentary.

Finally about my comment about the state of 'world tv', you're right Bob I should probably have said American tv. But as Kathryn says, I think we get a distored view of foreign tv programming here. For every Doctor Who or Life On Mars, or for that matter Saxondale or Primeval, I'm sure there are at least ten horrible shows. Anyway I'm going to miss VM. And I don't see much out there of quality to watch instead, anywhere.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:13 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I feel bummed the show ended on a downer. It really does not feel like a series finale. I enjoyed this season no less than the others and the final episodes were wonderful. I will absolutely miss this show, but they finally started airing it on Dutch TV and so much happened in the past 3 years that I can easily watch it again as I have forgotten most of it. Of course I remember the big revalations, but I don´t mind that. I knew the Titanic would sink too and that has not stopped me from watching the movie repeatedly.

So for the Dutch among us: You can watch Veronica Mars every Wednesday op Nederland 3 om 21.00 uur. Yesterday they aired the first episode.

Mrs. Cartman: Well, I know a little kitty who is sleeping with Mommy tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:53 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

RIP Veronica Mars. It's a pity this show never found a stable audience. I so loved Veronica Mars. And the third season was wonderful. Still, I think the best season was the first. But I think this is due to the fact the idea was knew, having a teenaged detective noir. How wonderful. I'll miss this next year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:11 am 
3. Flaming O

OK, I'm on my soap box. I don't want to offend the fans of Veronica but as a HUGE girl detective fan Veronica Mars was fluff. A more unexciting show is hard to find. You just knew nothing was going to happen, at least not to her. Granted I didn't see all that many of the episodes but I saw enough, early, to scratch it off my veiwing list.

I am more into the Diana Rigg (Emma) and Linsey Wagner (Jamie) type of girl heroines. And of course our darling Buffy. They were part of the action and not just bystanders. Veronica seemed to inspire a lot of dialogue more than true suspense. Look, I get upset with out heroines and how they are portrayed. I want her to be tough but not indistructable. A bit of vulnerability is appealing. But being protected by the scriptwriters so that no harm comes to you turns me off. The heroine might as well be part of the wall paper.

The creators of BTVS seemed to know this and parlayed it into a successfull, long lasting series. There were more strong female characters in BTVS than on any show I've ever seen.

(gets off soap box)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:14 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hi Betsy,

sorry, but I don't agree in the slightest with you. Maybe you didn't see enough of the show. Veronica never was indistructable. There were a lot of things happening to her, for instance being locked in an icebox or being raped. And in the end also the on and off relationships between her, Logan and Duncan made her very vulnerable. Sure, we always know that the main character of show won't be distructed. Hell, even Buffy came back, twice. What would Buffy be without Buffy and Veronica Mars without Veronica.

Sure Diana Rigg and Lindsay Wagner were heroines in their time. But Buffy and Veronica are more from today. Times change and so does the heroines. I loved Veronica Mars very much and I think it's a pity this show couldn't find enough audience still to be on air. I'm not so sure there will be another heroine filling the gap.

No offence. Greetings from sacinema

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:38 pm 
5. Willowhand

Well, Kristen Bell is sure landing on her feet...she's joining the cast of "Heroes." I confess I've never really watched much of that show, but I know what a big hit it's made, so I'm jazzed for what this mean's for Bell's career.

Quote:
NBC is adding former “Veronica Mars” star Kristen Bell to the cast of “Heroes.”
Peacock has snagged Bell for a key multiepisode arc of its sophomore sensation. Casting is a major coup for NBC since Bell -- who plays the title character in Judd Apatow’s upcoming “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” -- was reportedly being sought for several TV gigs, including a part on ABC’s “Lost.”

Bell will make her first “Heroes” appearance in October. She’ll play Elle, a character described as a sexy, mysterious young lady who has ties to the supposed death of Peter, H.R.G.’s past and the future of Claire. Elle will kick off her arc by committing a serious crime, though it’s unclear whether she’s good or bad.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797 ... 1&nid=2563

I'd rather have her back as Veronica, from a fan perspective, but...

House: "Another life saved by girl-on-girl action."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:18 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Thanks Ben, I hadn't heard about that yet. Good news certainly, although I'm also lukewarm abiut Heroes these days, and have been ever since they killed off Nora Zehetner's character. Grrrr. They better not be planning to do that to Bell's character.

As for the earlier discussion about VM and her heroic qualities or lack of same, obviously I was always a fan and although there were a few times when she was saved by another (male) character there were also plenty of times that she got herself out of trouble or saved others from trouble by being smarter and quicker than most people and not by being super powerful or supremely gifted athletically. I find that equally heroic personally.The writers did protect her from getting killed certainly, and I'm glad they did but she suffered greatly emotionally and I thought they portrayed that realistically. Just my two cents.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:08 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Heroes has been great with the recurring roles. Last year's highlights were Christopher Eccleston (former star of Doctor Who, of course - at one point they had him paired up with Eric Roberts, who once played the Doctor's arch-enemy, the Master) and George Takei (whose character spoke nothing but Japanese the entire season).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 426 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next