The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 426 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Veronica Mars
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:46 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

To me Veronica and Logan´s conflicts feel realistic and unforced without either them behaving like a moron, unlike Luke and Lorelai who seemed more like pod people all last season.
I like Logan and I like Veronica and Logan as a couple, though I was not fretting over their most recent brief break up. If they do break up more permanently, I hope Piz will remain what he is: tolerable in small doses and probably more tolerable to me if he loses that dude where is my car hairdo and demeanor.
I enjoyed the new episode quite a bit, it was amusing and Mac was great. Tina Majorino does a fantastic job and I hope she will get to take up more screentime from now on.

Mrs. Cartman: Well, I know a little kitty who is sleeping with Mommy tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:51 pm 
19. Yummy Face

I have one question about tonight's ep:

Where was everyone? I like it a lot better when Logan and Veronica are broken up because atleast we get to see more of the other characters.

Also, tonight's ep showed another reason why Veronica can do a lot better than Logan.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:52 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 1
Quote:
tonight's ep showed another reason why Veronica can do a lot better than Logan.

What would that be?

House: "Another life saved by girl-on-girl action."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:00 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
At the risk of being mocked, I have been one of those Veronica/Logan fans. I certainly liked him more than that goody two shoes. However, something is off this season... and it just seems to be pointing to the fact that Veronica and Logan aren't sharing a grand love. She sees it all around her and it's just not what she and Logan have. I just don't think that either one of them can face it. It seems like the same ground is being covered and they don't get past certain things. It's stale at this point. Either they need to get past it or move on. I don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:03 pm 
5. Willowhand

Never fear being mocked, to coin a phrase, "ridicule is nothing to be scared of."

But for what it's worth I wasn't kidding a few posts back when I said I'm often surprised how much I like Veronica and Logan together. In cold type, I can think of reasons why it shouldn't be an epic love. But every time I see them together, all my happy buttons go off.

Part of it is that I think Kristen Bell and Jason Dohring have great chemistry. I also think the characters bring good things out in each other, with Veronica's struggles with her trust issues and Logan trying to be a better man for her.

I will say I agree that in the first part of this season, they (the writers/producers) were spinning their wheels a bit trying to find things for Logan to do, both in and out of the relationship. But I see that more as a fault of the writing than the relationship.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:46 am 
3. Flaming O

Ben the last five episodes of this season are "stand alone" episodes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:28 am 
5. Willowhand

Um...yeah, I know. I said that a couple of days ago. I'm hoping they'll be a lot like this week's ep, which was light on any "arc" but heavy on the involving, affecting and intelligent character work.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:40 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Yeah, I actually loved Veronica and Logan for the first two seasons. But the problem is that now there's only melodrama between the two of them. Logan's become this whipped little boy, and his bad side was the most appealing to me.

I hear they're over for good soon. But it might just be a rumour.

diamondforever's fanfiction archive

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:41 pm 
12. Recently Gay

First off, I thought the latest ep was decent even though Mac was AWOL -well, absent without my leave anyway- for the entire episode. I was glad to see them move the Dean's murder story along, loved that the egging finally got mentioned and that it looks like those girls aren't involved in the killing. But I doubt that the wife's car being there proves anything either, someone else could have been driving it.

I'm not a Logan/Veronica fan, but that doesn't mean I'm looking for a Piz/VM pairing either. My take on it is that Logan and her have had their chances, some ups and lots of downs, and I feel like it has run its course as a story. Lots of people disagree, which is fine. You're not wrong, but neither am I. It's just a preference on what I want to watch these characters do, which at this point for me, is anything other than watching these two quarrel and make up again and again. Have Veronica be single for a while, or just date different people, works for me. I like the idea of having no big mystery arc for the rest of the season, but the mysteries need to be more interesting than the usual subplot mysteries of the week in that case.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:02 pm 
19. Yummy Face

I thought the ep was too predictable. I had a feeling the roommate did it.

Also, Veronica is getting too soft.

I ask again. Where is everyone?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:21 pm 
19. Yummy Face

I definitely like this episode better than the last two weeks but still no Mac, Parker and Piz.

I certainly am glad to see Wallace even if it is only for a few minutes. I always love the Wallace/Veronica heart-to-hearts.

I think Mason killed the coach because he seems pretty bitter, but I am probably wrong.

Mindy and the professor's alibis are completely blown. I wonder how Keith and Veronica will deal with this. Veronica is arrested! How will she deal with that?

Also, does anyone else find it unbelievable that Arturo is the leader of the PCH Bike Club? He seems pretty inadequate.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:58 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Holy smokes! :shock Now there was an episode that really shook stuff up!

My Author Website - http://www.rablack.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:20 am 
3. Flaming O

Sheriff Lamb needs a refresher on the shoot,don't shoot course.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:54 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Gotta say it was great to see Keith in his Sheriff's uniform again! :party
Now perhaps law enforcement will really start smokin' in Neptune. ;-)

As for Veronica, I'm certain that people will look at her differently now that her father is once again the sheriff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:27 am 
5. Willowhand

These past two episodes were the first two I ever watched.

I remember seeing a poster for the series in the mall near my house when it was new, and telling myself that I would watch it (for no other reason than that girl is attractive, I'm not proud of this...) but I never did.

THEN I found out that an actress I've been following for awhile, Tracey Needham, was guest starring on not one, but TWO episodes, so I had to watch it. She played the coach's wife.

I was rather dissappointed she wasn't in more of the episode, but she DID get a gun, which is always fun and it amused me she didn't know how to use it cause she's played a cop multiple times and tends to shoot things up whenever she's in something.

But I digress...

I'm hooked now. One more show to add to my long line of shows to watch.

And on the Veronica/Logan thing? I think she should be single for awhile, because it seems like he messed up pretty good. I don't know the whole situation, obviously, but he kinda irked me.

Just my two cents... or four cents...

Please visit my website

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:16 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Is Lamb really dead? :( I hope not, but all things logical tell me it's true. Sheriff Mars -- woohoo!!!

I like Logan/Parker, even if my original LoVe roots are resenting it. Parker needs a nice guy, and she's much more fun than Veronica. She'll be good for Logan. Now where the hell is Piz?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:36 pm 
5. Willowhand

Quote:
I like Logan/Parker, even if my original LoVe roots are resenting it. Parker needs a nice guy, and she's much more fun than Veronica. She'll be good for Logan

Nice guy=Logan. I'm sorry, I can't accept that. For the record, this is what I emailed to a friend of mine last night:

...on the one hand, I want Logan to have learned that he should probably stay away from people Veronica knows for his dating pool. On the other, they are going to the same college, travelling in at least some of the same circles, and she ended it. On the other other, I'm not sure he's a best bet for a rape survivor...on the other other other, that's what Veronica is.

So maybe I'm saying I don't hate Logan and Parker, as a concept, as much as I might have thought. I'd still put my money, if I had any, on him getting back together with Veronica in the end.

:peace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:44 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Great ep. Lots of stuff going on, a big surprise and good use of Mac. First , to the surprise of Lamb dying, I can see no reason why they would fake that so I assume he is really dead. Like I said, a real surprise. Should make for interesting times. I loved the interaction between Logan and the others, seeing Mac happy is always a good thing and I like Logan a lot more as a friend to VM. Maybe he ans Parker are a good fit,I have no problem with the idea of them together. Loved the caged heat jokes, the appearances by Cliff and the way both mysteries were worked on, with one being solved and the other almost there. Still not sure if the professor did it though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:06 pm 
5. Willowhand

Quote:
to the surprise of Lamb dying, I can see no reason why they would fake that so I assume he is really dead. Like I said, a real surprise.

I was semi-spoiled about that. Entertainment Weekly wrote in their What To Watch section that someone was going to die this week, but not who. Which meant I spent much of the episode hoping it wouldn't be Logan or Keith ( so when Mrs. Coach went to get her gun...let's just say I was watching very attentively).

And seeing Mac happy...experience of a certain other writer/producer's work had me thinking "please don't let this be, in retrospect, bitterly ironic." And I was very glad to see that it wasn't.

Quote:
Loved the caged heat jokes

Oh, hey! No one's mentioned the Friend of Dorothy :pride reference. How cool was that?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:32 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Wow! What an ep!

I was not expecting Lamb to be killed. Keith is Sheriff again, but I wonder how he will deal with Mars Investigations.

Loved the Mac and Bronson parts. They are so cute.

So the coach committed suicide. I guess he felt that was best.

Loved Veronica's prisoner act.

Still not enough Wallace though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:33 pm 
3. Flaming O

I think we have a professional killer running around Neptune .Maybe it is someone working their way through college.

Every time i see the Dean's wife i think of Veronica Lake, anyone else get those vibes or am i just old.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:22 pm 
19. Yummy Face

And the murderer is: Tim Foyle!

I knew Tim was being a little too helpful.

He almost gets away with it, but Veronica always come through.

Where is Mac and Piz? Once again, there isn't enough Wallace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:50 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I am disappointed because I called it as Tim Foyle the episode the dean died. They DID do a good job of leading us around for a bit, though, so props to them for that. Logan/Parker is a nice idea. Now I just need my VeMac or VePiz.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:03 am 
12. Recently Gay

The end of the mystery was a little predictable, but I think they'd kind of painted themselves into a corner by having a very limited group of suspects. I wouldn't want to see them suddenly produce some completely unheard of person to be the culprit. I'm sorry they had to kill off Mindy though. So now who gets to teach the class? Veronica? Wouldn't that be a laugh.

No Mac, so the ep loses points for that. But even though Wallace was hardly in it, he did get to be on screen for the best line of the ep delivered to him by VM - 'I'm trying to decide, which Gilmore Girl are you?" LOL. So now we take a break while the CW runs this laughable Pussycat Dolls reality show. If that's all they can come up with as a replacement, maybe there is still a chance for a fourth season.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:26 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

hiya peoples.....quick question....what's going on with the show? Has it finished now or on a break? I really loved that show too, very funny and clever. I heard the ratings were not doing so good, so is that the end?

Michelle
xx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:04 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Topics: 5
Unless I missed some news I believe that the future of the show is still in limbo. The ratings weren't stellar and that has reportedly led to one of two options:

1) Cancellation
OR
2) Retooling the show to be four years down the line with Veronica as a (trainee?) FBI agent. That would be unlikely to retain much, if any, of the other cast members except in guest slots.

Sadly I can't remember where I read that to link to it, but some googling will turn it up. It was about a month ago I read it.

TBH Option 2 sounds more like a producers last desperate hope rather than a network request... There are a lot of cop/FBI shows out there and there would be very little to make VM unique in the genre. It'd be risky too and should really be considered a spin off rather than a continuation.

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*
-------------------------

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:51 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Actually there is still a third option, that the show could be picked up as is for another season. And according to an article that I just read in today's Toronto Star that quoted Enrico Colantoni (he plays VM's dad), that scenario is more likely than the four years in the future FBI idea. He says they already shot 10 pages of that idea and it didn't work, but that the network saw the final ep of the current season that they shot and really liked it. So as of now I'd rate the chances as A) Cancellation - really likely, B) Another season of basically the same show - a slight possibility and C) the four years in the future version- pretty much forgotten already.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:07 am 
10. Troll Hammer

THERE IS EXCELLENT NEWS!
According to promos that ran during last week's airings of "Smallville" and "Supernatural", the CW will start airing new episodes of "Veronica Mars" on Tuesday, May 1. :party

As far as I can tell, cast and format will be the same....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:08 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Oh, most excellent. :D

I think they're closing out the season at 20 episodes (from what I've heard). But I have to admit that the quality has just gone downhill ever since Season One.

Yet, crossed fingers for renewal.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:49 am 
5. Willowhand

I think the show's made a partial recovery, quality-wise, this season, the problem is that it hasn't been consistent. Some episodes the show is still friggin' fantastic, sometimes it's just good, and sometimes... :sigh

In retrospect there were a lot of characters who probably should have been written out after season one-at this point I'd say almost everyone except Veronica, her dad, and Logan.

Not that I don't like the other characters-most of them I like very much-but it's been painfully obvious that the writers have no idea how to involve them in the stories, or even Veronica's life.

That's the only reason I'd be curious to see the "flash-forward" version of the series. But, any version that turns up I'll probably be there for. Veronica even inconsistent is still better than most anything else on TV.

Last edited by Ben Varkentine on Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 426 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next