The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fic: The Artifact (AU) (Updated 10/21/2006)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:09 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

WOW ..... I mean i know i have sneak previews but WOW .....

ermmmmm...... this might be a little redundant but ermmmm update soon!!!! :bounce

excellent job sweetie

xxx
t

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:55 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

:cry

Please fix it soon

:cry

Great chapter btw.. just like the rest of the fic

Hector Avellan.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:10 pm 
8. Vixen

You big meanie *pouts* Where is Tara?
Neat twist! Definitely didnt expect them to get seperated!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:07 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

holy @$%^^^&&(**&^%%$##@ what is going on. dident see that one comin but will :pray everything is alright thank,s for not leaving us hanging long hehe I so would be :smash things haha now get to :kgeek you little :kdevil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:27 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Wow! It has to be very traumatic for them to be separated all of a sudden.

Please reunite them soon.

I love how they are confused as to whether they should be all business or all pleasant.

Last edited by The Rose24 on Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:39 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Hm.. that's a strange trap, it needs a previous traveller as bait...
Assuming it's a real diary I do wonder what made Henrietta think her love(r) had died?? Anyway, since the purpose of most puzzles is to deter people it's unlikely Tara would have died in such a non-visible manner.

The fire in the room is puzzling, surely there's a purpose to it? I'm wondering if the fire is blocking a road out of that room...hmm... Can't be a coincidence there are two samey rooms... maybe Tara is in the other one? That would be too easy though :)

Puzzling as usual...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:49 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Wonderful to see this story resurrected. I found I'd actually missed some updates so had a good read of a few chapters to make sure I was all caught up. Puff, pant.... verrrrry hot!

The last update has me gasping for air, I'm so caught up in the tension. Well done. Now you're gonna bring them back together again, aren't you? Soon? Pleeeease...?

Anne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:51 am 
5. Willowhand

Noooooooo! Gah! Stupid cliffhangers...I hope you update soon, I don't think my heart can take it otherwise.

Great update!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:04 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Ooooooh I like :D First time I've replied but I've been following this from a fair few pages back now. LOVE it. Cant wait to see Willow and Tara when they get close to getting out of the tomb..however then I'm afraid that the story will stop and we wont get to see any more of our raiders *sulk*

Update sooooooooon.

Jen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:44 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
No, bad temple! Give Tara back! :happy

Very nice trap, though - I very much liked the description of the light changing colour, slow and ominous, and neither of the girls noticing because it was so gradual. That's easy to imagine, even for such seasoned tomb raiders (there's a new skyscraper here with neon bars running along the sides of it that slowly change colour like that, staggered along the length of them - the first time I saw it, it was a surprise to realise that it wasn't just me, it really was changing colour). Clearly it's a complex little trap, and I'm curious to see how it is that Willow tackles it. After all, distraught as she no doubt is, she's a tomb raider, and while there's still a chance that the temple has spirited Tara away somewhere intact, I have no doubt Willow will decipher its mechanisms in record time to get her back.

As always, the way you describe the tomb raiding sets this apart from 'just a video game fic'. The steadiness and caution Willow and Tara show is a constant reminder that this isn't just a game - if they make a wrong move, there's no saved game to try again. But at the same time, it's not like a movie, where the heroine just does it all right the first time around, with barely any effort - it feels real, as if Willow and Tara really do have to get through with very few mistakes, and they can't just rely on being the heroines and having things all their way.

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:59 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hi everyone :wave

Thank you so much to everybody who is reading my fic and a very special thank you to those of you who take the time to leave replies. You kittens are the best :grin

Belli Bear Hi :wave I am happy you enjoyed the twist :grin though if you knew that it was going to happen I need to learn to not tip my hand too soon :-| Oh, well, as long as you like it I guess it is ok anyway :grin
The update is coming soon, I promise you won’t have to wait much longer ;)

VixenyTarasHot :grin Thank you, I am glad you liked the update.

GayNow Hum… Is that a happy thud? It is, isn’t it? Please? :pray I actually made GayNow speechless, yay go me but hum… she’s not talking and that’s not good… should I perform CPR?? :hmm Oh, wait, I know, I know what I should do… I should update :grin

dixiedarlin83 Well, yeah, I have to keep Willow and Tara on their toes, sometimes things don’t happen as we expect them to. I am glad you liked this chapter :grin I won’t leave you waiting for long, I promise the update is coming soon.

gabbykat :grin *hugs* I know you give me lots and lots of feedback when I talk your ear off about whatever idea I had for what is going to happen next but I love it when you leave a reply on the artifact’s thread. I am happy you liked the chapter :grin
Redundant sweetie? Not at all… I mean you only prod me to write and update about twice a day :whistle And I of course wouldn’t have it any other way :grin *hugs*

ceridwen Thank you :grin I am happy you liked the chapter and even more happy you like the fic :grin Don’t worry I wouldn’t dream of leaving Willow and Tara apart for long. :bounce I’ll update soon.

WillowRulez Hi :wave So you liked the twist, hum? Yay. :bounce Hum… where is Tara? Keep reading and you’ll see ;) :grin

Dianneswillowtree :grin Yay, I surprised you, yay. *does little happy dance*
You won’t have to wait long to find out what happened, I promise.
Oh, kitten devil, me? *daydreams* *cough cough* Yes, madam I’ll get to writing asap :grin

The Rose24 Hi :wave Now that they were finally getting used to having each others support at all times it is a harsh test for them to be separated. Don’t worry I wouldn’t dream of keeping Willow and Tara separated for long :grin

grimlock72 Hi grimlock :wave Mmm… as always that is an insightful reply that raises good questions. You’ll find the answers on chapter 24… *makes evil laugh to herself as she thinks how smart she was with her reply to grimlock’s reply and then proceeds to trip on her own feet and hit her head on the floor* Ouch :blush
I am happy you found the puzzle puzzling :grin And I promise I will shed some light on the trap on the next chapter. Thank you for reading and replying :grin

spells42 :grin I promise I won’t let this story die, it was in a bit of a comma for a while but from now on hopefully I’ll update more often.
I am happy you found the last couple of chapters hot :blush and also that this one swept you up in the tension :grin
Don’t worry, Willow and Tara belong together and I wouldn’t dream of keeping them apart for long.

highlandlass25 Eh eh *does evil laugh* *cough cough* Ermmm… I have to confess I am not that fond of cliffhangers myself :blush I’ll update soon, I promise.
Thank you :grin

Always410 Thank you :grin Well, I am planning on writing a couple of chapters after they get out of the tomb. Chapters enough for us to see how will they adapt to the challenge that having a relationship outside the temple will pose to them. But then again they still have a long way to go before getting out of the temple so no need to start sulking so soon :grin
I’ll update soon :grin

Artemis :grin I am happy you liked the trap. I spent quite a few hours mulling over this one, I wrote it then went back and changed it, then still wasn’t happy about it and went back and changed it again :blush I think I was making my beta slowly go nuts and I am surprised she didn’t slap me silly, lol.
Well, this time the true test for Willow lies in being able to think straight and make the best of all her resources to be able to find Tara in time.
Quote:
The steadiness and caution Willow and Tara show is a constant reminder that this isn't just a game - if they make a wrong move, there's no saved game to try again. But at the same time, it's not like a movie, where the heroine just does it all right the first time around, with barely any effort - it feels real

Thank you :grin That is something that is always in the back of my mind, the trying to make the story feel as real as possible. If you accept at the beginning of the story that Willow and Tara could be tomb raiders and that magical temples do exist then from there onwards I want everything else to feel as real as I can possible make it. Willow and Tara don’t have any special super powers to overcome the obstacles thrown their way, just their intelligence and strength to rely on. They get tired and grumpy and if they get hurt they bleed. And sometimes they don’t have a clue about what to do next and they make mistakes like every one of us.
Thank you for reading and replying :grin

Ok, everyone chapter 24 is almost ready so I’ll be posting it soon :bounce
Thank you for your patience*hugs*

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:21 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:party Have I told you lately you are the greatest :blush

Post subject: Chapter 24
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:50 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dianneswillowtree Mmmm… no, not lately I don’t think so ;) *fishes for compliments* *cough cough* Thank you :grin

Ok, you guys, without further delay here it is, chapter 24:

• Title: The Artifact
• Author: sabina
• Distribution: Anywhere. Just please ask me first.
• Spoilers: No spoilers whatsoever. This is an AU fic.
• Rating: It is going to get to NC-17.
• Pairing: W/T
• Disclaimer: The “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” series and its characters are the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. The “Tomb Raider” videogame is the property of Eidos Interactive and Core Design. This fic is not meant to infringe any copyrights.
• Summary: Willow and Tara are two strong and independent tomb raiders who are both hired to find the same artifact. Trapped inside a temple they realize that not everything is what it seems and they have to work together and fight side by side for their lives as they try to find the way out.

• Note 1: I want to thank my beta reader gabbykat for her help, support and outstanding job on the chapters. She makes my story shine. She also has been this story’s champion, always encouraging me to write and not letting me forget about the artifact. So thank you gabs.
• Note 2: I want to thank my beta reader for the first 22 chapters, TKOLove. Without her help and encouragement maybe the artifact wouldn’t have been posted. Your work has made this fic a better one, so thank you TKOLove.
• Note 3: I love Tomb Raider and this fic was something that had been in the back of my mind for long. Now I finally decided to write it. I hope you all enjoy reading it.
• Note 4: Thoughts are in italics

[center]Previously[/center]

Willow frantically turned around searching for some sign of the blonde’s presence and almost instinctively shot down a red spider the size of her fist that had been moving steadily and quite unnoticed towards her. Seeing that the blonde wasn’t anywhere in the room Willow ran to the main corridor only to be met with the same eerie silence, disturbing darkness and no trace of Tara’s presence.

And it was then that she felt it grow inside of her, the complete and utter panic, the devastating pain of her loss and she couldn’t control the wail that ripped from her breaking heart and exploded through her mouth, shattering the deafening silence.

“TARA!”

[center]Chapter 24[/center]

Willow’s cry reverberated through the walls and followed the pieces of her breaking heart that desperately searched for her love.

Oh God… NO… NO…God Tara, where are you? The light… it, it just went out for a second… Oh God please where are you baby? I should have lit the flare sooner… I should have kept one lit the whole time… I’m in a temple for God’s sake not a fucking haunted house in an amusement park… Stupid, stupid, stupid! And now I’ve lost her! Tara, God Tara where are you baby? Come back to me, please!

Willow raced down the corridor, her head whipping from side to side, despising the tedious black walls that surrounded her, that gave her no clues as to where Tara might be. On the wall to her right she saw a metal door identical to the previous two but she ignored it and kept running. A moment later she ground to a halt at an entrance on the left wall that led to a passageway. Gingerly she entered the passage, it appeared to lead into a room, exactly like the previous rooms explored. It had the black candle burning on the corner, the torch on the wall and the channel in the ground with the bronze container of black liquid balancing above it.

She felt an urge to break down right there, to close her eyes and will everything away, while at the same time a burning rage seemed to ascend within her, raising from her toes to her head and burning away any reasonable thought in its path. She hurled the flare she was clutching in her left hand forcefully against the furthest wall from her. It struck the hardened earth of the wall and bounced weakly back to fall to the ground with a soft thud that echoed like a lament through the room.

Willow drew her guns in one rapid, enraged movement, ready and wanting to blast everything around her. From the damn candle that didn’t shine its light on Tara to the bronze plate on top of a ridge that went nowhere. A primal scream erupted from the redhead as she flung open her arms aiming everywhere all at once before finally fixing her gaze on the bronze plate. Her index fingers twitched, impatient to release the anger, frustration and anxiety that filled her mind, body and soul.

Just as she was about to squeeze her fingers hard on the trigger an image of Tara’s lopsided half smile materialized in her mind and the blonde’s soft voice resonated in her head.

Will, I trust you, find me.

Willow’s arms dropped to rest at her sides and her eyelids closed as her head slumped forward. She tried to center herself by focusing on her breathing for a moment, deep, slow breaths in and out. She opened her eyes, lifted her chin, glanced to the left, then the right as she started a deliberate pace around the room. The silence was weighing heavily on her as she tried to think. Silence validated the reality of Tara’s absence. As her steps picked up pace and she became more frantic, she did what she knew best, she babbled out loud.

“Ok, I need to calm down. Me going all psycho on the walls won’t bring Tara back. I need to think! Damn it where is she? Where has she gone? Is she all right? Could she be…? Oh God…no… no… ok, ok don’t panic! Don’t even go there… no thinking about it not even a little thought! She’s one tough woman. She’s fine…she has to be fine… she’s Finey Mc Fine. I’d know if something bad happened to her, wouldn’t I? Yeah, I’d feel it, I know I’d feel it. So what the hell has happened to her? Was she attacked? Urgh so stupid! Of course she was attacked. She wouldn’t just… just walk out on me like this… It’s not like she’d left to take a walk because there’s sooo much to see around here… FUCK!!!… I don’t even know the layout of this damn, fucking place … It’s just rooms and doors and more rooms and more doors and let’s not forget rooms and doors and oh yeah, torches…”

Oh God Tara, I’ll find you baby, I promise. You’ll have to beat me away with an enormous stick if you want to get rid of me. No stupid second rate little temple is going to keep me from you!

The redhead stopped pacing, squared her shoulders and raised her chin. Her green eyes flashed with determination under the flare’s light.
“Logical. I need to think rationally and logically about this. Tara has to be somewhere in the close vicinity so, it’s reasonable to surmise I am going to find her. End of discussion.” With a nod of her head to punctuate the last statement Willow put her left gun back in its holster and walked to the place where the flare burned on the ground. She picked it up purposefully, spun towards the entrance and lifted her right arm pointing her gun straight ahead then marched out of the passage and into the corridor.

Back in the hallway she turned to her left. Hey eyes shifted from side to side trying to take in as many details as possible in the least time she could spare.
“Traps and puzzles… It’s all about the frigging puzzles. Every other room we’ve been in has always had something we had to do to move forward. Some enigma we had to solve. You figure it out and then puff door number one and maybe door number two opens and leads you to even more puzzles. So that’s what I have to do. Put the pieces together so I can move forward and find Tara. Ok, but what if going forward in the temple, instead of leading me to Tara, takes me further away from her?”

That thought halted the redhead dead on her tracks. She froze just as the light from her flare illuminated a right turn in the hallway. The raider felt the panic rise again like a slow volcanic eruption, as a tight knot formed in the pit of her stomach.
“What if I move forward and some door closes behind me and locks me away from her? Or…or what if I stay here and she’s ahead instead? God She might be running out of time while I walk around… babbling… Damn it she could be hurt…”

Images of Tara hurt, dying slowly from bleeding, burning or drowning invaded the redhead’s mind in quick succession. The black walls seemed to envelop Willow, as the deep, dark hole of despair tried to consume her. She shook her head and forced her eyes to focus back on the walls, willing the images away. With a clearer head she carefully made her way forward taking the newly illuminated turn to the right.

“Focus damn it, I need to focus… Facts, I need facts. Evidence based conclusions remember? Don’t assume anything, facts are your friends. Ok breathe… so what do I know? I’ve seen rooms and I’ve seen doors. And every room has the appearance of being the same, the candle, the torch and the plate of black liquid balanced on top of the groove. Every door looks just like the others. The only exception to this has been the second room, which holds the belongings of the dead raiders…”
Willow trailed off as a tiny dawning began nagging at her; the cogs of her mind aligned themselves and began clicking into place.

“Maybe… just maybe… If it was me, I would… I mean it would make sense…”
For the second time the redhead stopped. Only this time it was due to the hope, a small smile began to form on her lips as she turned and bolted as fast as she could towards her destination.

The first thing Tara felt as she woke up from an uneasy sleep was a pounding headache that seemed to squeeze her brain with an iron fist and jumble her thoughts. The second one was a nauseating vertigo that made her want to keep her eyes closed tightly as she tried to use her other senses to comprehend her surroundings. The third was that she couldn’t move her arms as she tried to bring her hands up to clutch her throbbing head.

What the …?

Startled she gingerly opened her eyes only to be met with a hazy, blurred image. Black walls and dark shadows were spinning and swirling around a unworldly, green glow that shone brightly, unmoving in the chaos. The blonde closed her eyes tightly before opening them again wide as she tried to make the world swim back into focus. Slowly things around her began to clear, lines and shapes became more defined as her eyes and brain sharpened. Amid the stomach-churning gyrating world, that assaulted her, remained the soothing motionless green glow that seemed to be calling out to her, evident by the way her eyes were unconsciously drawn to it.

As the blurriness diminished almost completely, so did the green radiance revealing the second piece of the star which hung impossibly still upside down on a square mass protruding from the ceiling. It’s green shape standing out brightly in the midst of the whirling bleak darkness all around the raider. And it was so close. Close enough to grab it if she could just extend her arm.

Tara felt her headache subside as she concentrated on the green and tried to reach for the star with her right arm. Nothing happened. She was met with a resistance that she had already forgotten about. It was only then that she snapped out of her revere and turned her head and eyes away from the star to try and understand where she was.

At first she only saw spiralling black shapes that made her nauseated, her pounding headache worsening exponentially and almost making her move her eyes back to the relaxing soft glow of the green piece of the star. Stubborn as she was, Tara kept her eyes firmly averted from the green shape and focused, slowly she began to make out the black shapes around her and she stifled a scream as she came eye to eye with the void orbits of a skull. She turned her head to the other side only to be met with another and another. All around her, wrapped up in a black gooey material from toes to neck there were skeletons.

Tara felt the cold fist of dread grip her heart as she manoeuvred her chin to look at herself and realized that she too was wrapped up in the same viscous black substance that had the skeletons in its grip. Only her head was free. Her arms and legs were restrained by what she could now feel, if she focused enough, was a silky material. She followed down her body with her eyes and as she reached her feet she saw the substance that was wrapped around her came from a black thread that had her hanging upside down from the ceiling.

Oh Goddess…I’m just another skeleton.

Adrenaline shot through her veins, her headache started to abate and thinking became easier. Although everything was still spinning around her, like a bad hangover, questions began to fill her mind as she tensed her muscles against the wrapping looking for fragile points that she could utilize to free herself.

Oh God… Willow! Where’s Willow? Is she all right? Of course she is, I can’t even dare to think anything else. She isn’t here so she must be all right. I have to find her, I need to find her! Ok, so I have to get out of here first. If I can find out where here is. Ok, so think Tara, what happened? One minute I was listening to Willow’s sweet voice and the next I wake up hanging upside down and stuck in some sort of… of cocoon.

Tara felt the binding around her left arm give a little and she pushed harder against it. Putting all her strength behind the push, the wrapping gave way to allow her a little more space as she stretched it thin. She repeated the pushing manoeuvre a few more times until the wrapping tore under the pressure.

Yes! Take that. Now I just have to reach my knife and I’ll be going back to my Willow.

With her arm finally free Tara flexed her abdominal muscles and pushed herself upwards as far as possible so her left hand could pull at the binding on her right thigh where her knife was tied. She had just begun to yank the material when she started to hear a rustling sound all around her that appeared to be getting closer. She looked around in search of the source while she desperately pulled harder and harder at the bind weakening it.

At first she couldn’t see anything different and she took a moment to look around the room carefully while continuing to pull relentlessly at the silky material. She noticed that the room seemed to have an odd, angular shape, although with the way it was still spinning around her she couldn’t say for sure. Then she took in the regular black earth walls. Each of the walls appeared to have a circular hole carved into them, like a giant rabbit hole.

I wonder if that’s the way out? Hmmm down the rabbit hole… How Alice of me!

Meanwhile she could still hear the noise, which sounded eerily like the tide coming in. After a long moment she saw them. Spiders of all colours invaded the room, coming from the openings in the walls. They covered the floor and the ceiling like a colourful blanket, but more frightening right now was that they were descending down the thread that was holding her.

“Oh sweet mother of…”

Tara’s pulling on her confines became frenzied, like a shark at feeding time, but she felt the cocoon weakening considerably. She felt with just one more tug with her left hand and a push with the right and it would give. Meanwhile the spiders were getting closer and closer and it was very, very clear that she was their target. As they neared her, the blonde had her first good look at them: fist sized hairless green spiders. And she was trapped as effectively as a fly on a spider’s web with no weapons and only one arm and her head free to move. Clumsily, from the position she was in and with her spinning vision, she slapped away the first few spiders that tried to come down the cocoon. I was useless, in the end sheer numbers overcame her and they effectively broke through her weakened defences.

She felt the first bite on her neck and almost immediately her strength abated significantly, leaving her muscles in a state where they were no longer able to hold her. Her torso and arm dropped down heavily leaving her once again hanging upside down and facing the glowing green star. She noticed, in a disjointed kind of way, that the spiders seemed to be organized by colours in concentric rings. On the outmost ring there were the red spiders, then the yellow, then the blue and finally right in the centre and surrounding the piece of the star there were the green spiders.

Her headache began to worsen, the pounding in her head practically bruising her brain as she tried to focus, but the pain was making thinking clearly all but impossible while the spinning room gained speed again and revolved wildly around her. She felt light headed as her vision went hazy and started to blur, before she closed her eyes to pass out she saw a massive black form approach her and a voice resonated in her head.

”Not so soon… no you don’t… stay with me!”

Willow ran as fast as she could while her brain was in overdrive working through her puzzle quickly.

The diary! They wrote a diary. How could I have been such an idiot? God that should have been the first thing I checked… Ok, so they’re dead which means they didn’t go far from here… at least they were together and maybe… just maybe they lost each other and then found each other again and they can help me find Tara… or at least something has to have been written, a map or directions for all these damn corridors and rooms…

She ran through the passageway that lead to the room where she and Tara had found the remains of the fallen raiders and where she had seen the blonde for the last time. Wasting no time Willow dropped to her knees next to the discarded diary.

Putting her guns back in their holsters, she picked up the diary with shaking hands. Opening it on the last page she began reading backwards, skimming through the pages trying to find something that could help her. Bits and pieces of text were imprinting themselves on her mind only to be rapidly replaced by the next ones. Until a solitary line, ink blurred and alone between paragraphs, caught her eye and made her heart beat faster with both hope and dread as she read on.

I found my love. Too little too late for my Lady, had perished.

And so our fate is sealed! This tomb will be ours as it has been for many before us; soon I shall follow my raven’s flight into heaven. I can only hope and pray that our last adventure be someone else’s salvation and that we won’t have died in vain.

Willow accelerated through the pages as she searched desperately for the beginning of that section, her brain running a mile a minute as she pondered the dead raiders words.

“She found her… Yes! Which means that she lost her first, which also means that maybe whatever it is that has happened to us, happened to them… so she might know how or where I can find Tara… But… God… she was too late… her love was dead…” Fear and dread gripped Willow’s heart and squeezed painfully making it hard for the redhead to breathe. “And I’ve been running around this godforsaken temple…. no tomb, banging my head against doors, losing time that I might not have... Oh God… baby… Hang on, please hang on.”

Closing her eyes Willow took a deep breath then clenched her teeth tightly as she finally found what she was looking for.

There is a square central room completely surrounded by the main corridor. Branching out from this corridor are eight identical rooms. In each of these rooms lies a part of the key to solving the puzzle that will open the central room doors and allow entrance to the spider’s domain.

Starting at the first room you found, light the torch and using it ignite the dark liquid in the bronze plate on top of the ridge in the floor. Once lit, waste no time and run for all you are worth to the next room doing the same then continue forth until all the other rooms have a fire burning in them. But beware you need to be hasty because the fire burns only for a set period of time. As it starts to die down the colour of the flame changes, from blue to purple, from purple to orange, from orange to yellow and from yellow to complete blackness as it flickers out.

Swiftness is your ally, if the fire burns in all of the rooms at the same time then the doors to the central room will open and will remain opened only while the flames continue to blaze.
If you are not speedy enough, you must beware the darkness that falls as the fire dies down; this is the time of the red spider hunters. Silently and surely they attack and abduct their prey.

Having found what she was looking for; Willow closed the diary decisively and tucked it safely in her backpack as she began to race back to the first room.
“I’ll be fast enough…I have to be!!”

As the black form came closer, the voice in her head grew in intensity drowning out the world around her and making her head pound until the pain became excruciating.
“You don’t have to be in pain. You can leave this place. All you have to do is lift your arm and pick up the green gem.”

The otherworldly glow intensified with every word and Tara found herself once again almost hypnotized by the soothing green radiance of the star fragment before her. In opposition to this calming feeling her head was swimming in a hot, painful, stormy sea. Colourful, indistinct shapes, rotating shadows all surrounded her menacingly as she felt the panic begin to form and grow in the pit of her stomach. The claustrophobic feeling of being trapped was becoming more than she could bear.

She breathed deeply and fought to centre her thoughts and focus her eyes.
“Willow…” The blonde weakly whispered, her girlfriend’s name like a prayer on her lips.
“Your partner is beyond saving. You can only save yourself. Save yourself.” The voice echoed agonizingly in the blonde raider’s head. The answer was swift and cruel cutting through the raider’s heart.

Willow… Willow… she can’t be…! No! No!

“No!” Tara yelled, refusing to believe, refusing to submit.

“You are alone.” It thundered inside her mind.
She felt an irritating stinging sensation on her neck and with that her nausea increased. Everything around her was spinning and twisting, expanding and compressing, distorted images of multi-coloured spiders haunted her mind. One moment they were small only to grow up to gigantic proportions in the next.

Standing still amidst the chaos was the green piece of the star. It emanated a peaceful, soothing glow that was calling to Tara’s muddled mind like a siren’s song, like a piece of heaven in the middle of hell.
The blonde’s resolve began to falter as she raised her arm to reach for the star, but just as she was about to touch it, Willow’s smiling face popped into her mind’s eye. The sweet curve of her lips, the sparkling green eyes, shinning mischievously was all the blonde needed to see for her to know that her heart was safe and she let her arm drop.

“No!” She stated again and she could hear the voice growling painfully in frustration inside her head.
“Why are you fighting it? Why do you fight me? Do you want to die?”
As the voice’s frustration grew, its hold on Tara’s mind weakened and the fog that muddled her thoughts lifted bit by bit as Willow’s image became clearer and clearer.
“I am not alone. I won’t leave Willow. Ever!” Feeling stronger Tara once again began pushing against the binding over her right arm with renewed energy.

Just another inch… God… I just need it to give another inch and I’ll be free to find my Willow!

The blonde felt something move over her and with effort looked up in time to see about a dozen spiders descending over her trapping cocoon. They touched the sensitive skin of her neck and then all she could feel were the stings as their fangs pierced her, bite after bite in close succession. Tara slammed her eyes shut as the pain in her head quadrupled; it felt like an iron clamp was closing painfully around her head with each word. The voice reverberated excruciatingly inside her mind, attacking her from the inside out, destroying her will and blurring Willow’s image.

“You came into this world alone and if you don’t reach for the gem you’ll leave it alone.”

“And I call myself puzzle girl… All the rooms are the same, all those doors without a lever to open them, the flame that runs in the groove in the floor and disappears under the wall… My god this is like some kind of… of…it its like one giant electrical circuit that just needs me to push the switches for the flame to burn continually from one room to the next, until all are lit… making the doors open. And… simply the rooms are the switches!”

The redhead berated herself as she ran as fast as she could. A moment later Willow reached the first room she and Tara had explored she plucked the torch from its supports on the wall, lit it and then ignited the bronze plate in the middle of the room. She stayed in the room only long enough to see the black liquid burst into a blue flame and the fire spread to the ridge in the floor before running out and down the corridor into the next room. She repeated the same movements almost mechanically in each room, her legs moving as fast as they could down the corridor, making the turns without thinking while the wheels of her mind turned frantically.

So I light up all the rooms and then the doors open, that’s straightforward enough, but then what will happen? Think Willow… ok so the diary said something about spiders and that kinda makes sense… I killed a spider in the room where Tara went missing, so there are definitely spiders involved… God, maybe I should have read the diary further… but then what if something happens to Tara while I am reading and yeah, I get there all fine and dandy only to find her… and that so wouldn’t be a good thing… in fact that would be a worse than bad thing and God Tara, Baby…stay strong I’m coming… ok deep breath… I can’t lose anymore time. Urgh… get a grip Rosenberg… For God sake I’ve raided dozens of temples damn it I can handle this alone. I have to handle it.

As Willow reached the second to last room and lit the bronze plate she noticed that the flame was taking on a purplish tint. Her heart started beating like the firing of a machine gun and it spurned her into action as she sped out of the room and into the final one. There she skidded to the wall picked up the last torch with trembling fingers and lit the last bronze plate. It burst to life with an orange flame that turned yellowish almost immediately; the redhead sprinted out of the room heading for the nearest door to the central room. She rounded the corridor just in time to see the iron door start to come down, beginning to seal the entrance to the room. Panicking her raider instincts kicked in and she dive rolled to go through the disappearing space just before the door crashed behind her securely.

“Damn. That was close.” She breathed deeply, bent over, a hand on each thigh, trying to calm her racing heart before focusing on her surroundings.
She began to analyse her environment, it was a round corridor, resembling a cylinder, cut into the earth, which continued straight ahead for as far as she could see before being swallowed by darkness. On the wall to her right there were two torches burning steadily side-by-side while on the left wall there was a lever.
Willow picked up one of the torches and held it in the same hand that still held her flare.

Spiders don’t like fire much… so this might come in handy but I’m not gonna relying too much on this thing cos you know trick you once shame on them, trick you twice shame on you.

Then she walked to the left wall and with a deep breath pushed the lever. It activated the door the redhead entered from and she watched as the iron door slid up seemingly effortless and without making a sound.

Wouldn’t it have been that much easier if there had been one of these on the outside? But nooo… we couldn’t have that. Well, at least if we can’t go forward… we have a way back.

Still holding the torch and flare in one hand, the redhead raised the other with her gun firmly pointed then carefully advanced scanning all around her for danger. She noticed channels dug in the earth of the walls like dilating rings that constricted as they ended. As far as she could see down the corridor there were three of those rings separated by about a twelve meters from one to the next.
As she stopped to investigate the first channel she saw them. Red spiders, like the one she had previously killed. Lots of them moving slowly towards her from all sides, the floor, the ceiling, the walls, she was completely surrounded the only way to go was forward and fast!

Tara fought hard to focus on her lovers image. Even through the agonising pain and piercing voice that thundered in her head, through the vertigo and rising nausea twisting her stomach she persevered to concentrate. She twisted and thrashed in her cocoon with as much strength as she could muster in her weakened state instinctively rebelling against the constriction and the invasion of her mind. There was a low tearing noise as some of the fibbers of the abused cocoon over her right arm started to give making space for her arm to move.

Just as she tried to reach for her knife she felt another bite on her neck that robbed her of what little strength she had left. Her head sagged backwards, extending her neck, as the effort to keep it upright became too much to bear. She noticed distantly that she could no longer feel the spiders running over her body and hazily realised that those she could see were converging at one of the doors that led out of the room. She would have tried to figure it out and had some kind of logical thought about it if her head didn’t hurt so much.

At the same time the voice in her head took on a soothing tone, like soft cotton filling her head.
“Your partner has moved along without you. If you pick the gem up you’ll be with her in a minute. All you need to do is reach for it and pick it up. Just pick it up.”
The voice dribbled in her mind like sweet honey, seductive, soothing, sticky. As warm now as it had been harsh before. Tara felt the pull to give in. God she was tired, so very drained and it was so hard to fight. She couldn’t actually remember why she was still fighting.

God Willow… I just want my Willow.

“Your love is waiting for you… Just pick the gem up and you’ll be in her arms in a second. You’ll be back in her wonderful arms.”

But still Tara seemed able to resist, there was a little voice whispering in the back of her mind, a memory of Willow’s luscious, voice, low but insistent and totally refusing to be denied.

I’ll be here to love you and hold you and support you. I’m yours and only yours!

“She would never leave me.” Tara whispered, the truth of that statement penetrated the fog that clouded her mind and gave her a sudden burst of energy.
“She wouldn’t leave me behind. You’re lying.” She shouted at the voice as she reached for her knife and cut the fibres of her cocoon from her thigh to her shoulder.

She heard a wordless scream of joy that she couldn’t quite place but that made her heart swell and begin to beat faster. Then the voice growled painfully in her head drowning everything else out as her legs and feet slid from the tattered binding and she began to fall to the floor.

Willow swallowed hard and dropped the torch low to the ground at the same time she turned her head from side to side trying to follow the spiders’ progression. As the flame accidentally touched the dug cleft it ignited making a protective ring of fire in front of the redhead and halting the spiders’ movement.

As the fire erupted in front of the redhead she jumped backwards surprised and in an unconscious protective movement lifted her gun more firmly in front of her, tensing, waiting for something else to happen. When after a moment nothing did Willow relaxed her stance. Then she smiled a tight lipped smile seeing that none of the spiders had come through the fire and that they were all waiting at a respectable distance from the flames.
“So that’s how it works. Take that you arachnids!”

Without losing time the redhead jumped through the burning ring and ran as fast as she could to escape the red spiders that were chasing her. As she reached the next circle she jumped over the channel and at the same time angled her torch to ignite the ring. She took a moment to look back and watch as most of the red spiders became trapped between the twin burning fires. She spared a small satisfied smile for a job well done.

When she looked forward again the corridor was a mass of yellow spiders moving hastily towards her and wasting no time she started running again to avoid them while she moved the torch all around her body.
“What is it with this room and colour?” she mumbled while she ignited another loop of fire, this time trapping most of the yellow spiders.

She kept running forward to see the now familiar vision of a menacing wave of colour on legs approaching her on the form of blue spiders. Unimpressed Willow propelled herself forward without losing a step, brandishing the torch as a protective shield until she reached the next enlarged circumference of the corridor and lit it.

She squinted her eyes to spot the next threat and was not disappointed as a second later she saw it. This new wave comprised of a huge number of green spiders that covered the walls, the ground and the ceiling. Willow bent her neck so that her head was a little lower and spun the torch in circles in front of her while she kept on running as fast as she could while avoiding being bitten. She felt spiders being crushed beneath her soles and jumped left and right to evade their attacks. The sight of the ridge on the walls was a very welcome one, the sheer number of the green spiders threatened to overwhelm the redhead. With a surge of energy Willow touched the torch to the ground and breathed a sigh of relief as the ring ignited.

With a running leap she jumped over the circle and entered an octagonal room. For a second she felt disoriented with the change of scenery and the corridor ending abruptly and without warning. She looked around taking in the earth walls, and the skeletons hanging upside down from the ceiling. Their everlasting grins seemingly mocking her and Willow felt a cold dread start at the pit of her stomach. Until she heard her girlfriend’s sweet voice piercing the silence and her head whipped to the side to see the most welcome sight. Tara was talking and moving – she was alive.

Willow felt a scream of joy rise from the deepest recesses of her to escape her lips as she sprinted to her lover. As she rapidly neared her girlfriend she noticed two things, first that there were giant spiders standing right beneath the blonde and second that whatever was holding Tara upside down wouldn’t do it for much longer and she would fall right in the middle of the giant furry spiders. Willow held her gun tighter in her right hand and squeezed the trigger repeatedly more interested in scaring the spiders away and catching Tara than in her aim being true. Gratefully, she heard a low whine as the spiders scurried away trying to escape the bullets and she put her gun back in its holster to have that hand free. She reached Tara just in time to catch her as she slid down from the cocoon completely.

Tara felt a pair of strong arms catching her, a human pair; a pair that had become as familiar to her as her own heart beat. She felt herself being lifted and turned, she felt Willow righting her in her arms. The blonde gazed up at her lover and grinned groggily at her, feeling safe despite the still spinning world around her. She was safe, Willow had her, the redhead was back in the centre of her world again.
“You’re here.” Tara said in a slurred, tired voice gazing unfocused at the redhead’s eyes. She wrapped her arms around Willow before letting her head fall to her girlfriend’s shoulder and closing her eyes abandoning herself to the redheads care.

Willow’s eyes widened in worry as she heard the drowsiness in the blonde’s voice and felt the way Tara was sagging in her arms, completely boneless.
“Tara, baby, look at me, please.” Oh God… oh god… What’s wrong with her? Am I too late? Oh, please, please God I can’t be too late!

Instinctively, hearing the frantic worry in Willow’s voice, Tara made the effort to open her eyes, having to close them a second later because it made the nausea and vertigo that still plagued her worsen.
“It hurts.” Tara whined and burrowed her head on Willow’s neck, relishing the comfort and warmth.
“What hurts, baby? What happened?” Willow asked a bit reassured by the strength in Tara’s voice.
“My head… it hurts. Spiders and the bites… and more bites and everything is spinning. And it spins and it spins and it makes me sick. Make it stop spinning.” The blonde mumbled against the other girl’s neck.

Ok, ok… spiders and bites so poison… but… but what kind of poison? Poison – antidote. That’s it! I just have to find the antidote and she’ll be ok. Ermmm… And how the hell do I find the antidote? God damn it… why don’t these temples come with wireless? Ok, focus, no breaking down now, focus… no antidote… So what do I know about poisoning? Think. Think. Hmm… Ok, ok, I know… first stop the person from absorbing more of the poison… Stupid idea. Hello she was bitten. Ok, what else? Oh, keep them hydrated... ok, ok, that I can do, I have water right here. And maybe I should try to keep her awake too…

Suddenly there was a change in the lighting of the room and Willow looked at her torch to see that its flame had taken a deep orange glow. Alarmed she looked back to see that the ring of flames at the end of the corridor from where she had come had also changed colour.

“Oh shit… Tara baby we need to go, ok? Hang on tight to me!” The redhead said hurriedly while she started running down one of the other corridors with her girlfriend awkwardly draped half in her arms and half running. Willow held the still burning torch and flare extended in front of them, while her other arm held Tara as best she could.
“Ok.” Tara answered sleepily while she snuggled further into Willow’s embrace and closed her eyes tightly; shutting out the world that now besides spinning was also bouncing.

The torch had turned from orange to purple by the time they had reached the end of the tunnel and moved towards the lever and what Willow hoped was safety. The flame turned to blue just as she pushed the lever and the door slid open. Grasping Tara to her, they ran though the door then turned quickly as they heard it slide closed behind them just as the flame died down. And they were left bathed only in the flare’s red light.
Willow sighed deeply in relief but didn’t relax she was looking everywhere at once to make sure there were no spiders ready to attack them. Then she walked a few steps along the corridor until she reached the entrance to one of the rooms and walked in cradling the precious bundle in her arms.

“Tara baby? Tara you need to wake up.” She started by whispering but realising that she was getting nowhere with the blonde she began to raise her voice.
“Hmm? Awwwww why? Nooo to early Will!”
If the moment wasn’t so serious the redhead would have grinned, charmed by the cuteness of a sleepy Tara, as it was all that she could do was give her girlfriend a worried smile, a loving hug and shake her awake gently before place her on the floor, against the wall, in the corner furthest from the entrance to the room.

The blonde moaned in protest and cautiously opened her eyes only to be soothed by the image of her girlfriend kneeling by her side. If she focused only on Willow, on her vibrant green eyes and the gentle worried look on her beautiful face then the rest of the world seemed to slow its gyrating motions, almost to the point where things were standing still again. Her headache too she noticed was starting to abate and her thoughts were becoming less muddled. With a lazy smile Tara watched Willow.

Hi there honey. Oh… oh I have my voice back…hmmm… its so good to be back to being the only one in my head again. What was that… that thing anyway? There were only spiders there… well and skeletons. Hmm… whatever it was… it was just so… wrong… Hmmm my Willow…

“Thank you.” The blonde whispered with a smile as the redhead rummaged through her backpack.
Willow looked up when she heard Tara’s soft whisper and smiled back at her, relief washing over her at the more focused look on the blue orbs gazing back at her. As she stared deep into the blonde’s eyes the feelings that she had kept bottled up for the sake of focusing on finding Tara started to rise back up with a vengeance.

“You’re welcome, baby.” She whispered back hoarsely, her voice dripping with emotion. She dropped the blanket, the bottles of water and the protein balls that she had picked up from the bag on the floor next to the blonde. Then Willow wrapped Tara tightly in her arms before bringing her hands up to cup her face and gaze deeply into her eyes. The redhead felt tears well in her eyes and slowly moved forward to kiss her girlfriend’s forehead, moving lovingly to her eyelids, her nose, her cheeks, her chin and then finally moving up to kiss Tara firmly in the mouth.

Tara basked in Willow’s love, like a flower basking in the Sun’s light. The redhead’s warm skin and soft lips caressed her, gently chasing the fog away, making the spiders seem like a bad dream. And when the redhead touched her lips to Tara’s, the blonde tasted the salty tears that mingled in their kiss and she wrapped her arms around the redhead’s neck, opening her mouth to deepen the kiss wanting all of their hurts and worries to melt, burned away by their love.

They kissed for a long moment, deeply, slowly, thoroughly, reassuring themselves that they were both there, safe and in each other’s arms before Willow pulled away. Tara whimpered at the lose but the redhead didn’t go far, she just moved back slightly so she was able to gaze at those blue gems that she loved so much.

“God…Tara… I’m so sorry baby… the… the torch went down and I lit up a flare and then you weren’t here and I didn’t know where to look for you and I ran and ran…and I… I felt so lost with out you and I didn’t know what to do and I need you so much and then… God Tara I thought I’d lost you.” Willow felt the tears form in her eyes and begin to spill down her cheeks as panic began to fill her, the dread from those moments coming back to her in waves.

Tara felt her heart constricting at the anguish in her girlfriend’s voice and words and she brought her hands down from the redhead’s neck to her shoulders to rub them soothingly.
“Shhh… It’s ok, baby, I’m ok.” Tara said gently.
Willow sniffed and let out a small sigh as her tears continued to flow. She hugged Tara tightly to her, breathing in her scent and basking in her warmth, this small act of reaffirming that her girlfriend was here and safe, calmed the redhead. She pulled back enough to look at Tara as she smiled self-consciously and softly spoke.

“God… Look at me… here I am whining when you were the one that was hurt… with the spiders and the poison and God… How selfish can I be?”

The blonde moved her hands up to the redhead’s jaw and pulled her in for a soft kiss, just a gentle brush of lips but enough to convey Tara’s love and stop the redhead’s self deprecating babble. Then she pulled away but kept her thumbs in place stroking the redhead’s skin.
“You found me baby.” She whispered with all the conviction, seriousness and love she could get into those four words.

Willow breathed deeply and stared into the amazing eyes of her girlfriend and saw the truth and love that shone there. Then she gathered her words and vowed.
“I will always find you.” as she slowly closed her eyes and joined her forehead to Tara’s.

TBC.

So that was chapter 24, I hope you liked it :moo
If you have the time please leave me a note saying what you thought of it. :bounce

Post subject: Re: Fic: The Artifact (AU) (Updated 11/16/2006)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:13 pm 
5. Willowhand

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Very nice. I really enjoyed this chapter, and I can't wait for the next one. Soon please!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:37 pm 
3. Flaming O

:banana :banana :banana

WOOHOO!! Update!!

I absolutely love this fic. I've been away from the kittenboard for a long time. I just recently got caught up on all the updates. This fic still rocks. Awesome. Can't wait for more.

Lisa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:50 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

that was so sweet at the end :wtkiss I love this story so well and can,t wait for more thay are so made for each other and when thay finally get out of here thay need a long trip to a warm beach and lot,s of gay love for us to :banana :banana :banana you make the story come alive I was in that tomb with them WoW!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:07 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Yay! They're back together :grin

I knew you wouldnt keep them apart for too long.

Poor Tara, i wonder where Willow is gonna get an antidote from... i hope Tara doesnt really need it, cuz if she does, they're screwed.

That was a long chapter... not that im complaining. The longer the better :grin

Hector Avellan.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:19 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Phew! I think I held my my breath throughout this whole update.

Willow delivers in nick of time, and our ladies are happy again.

Thanks for not torturing us too long. :wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:05 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hmmm where do i start :D...well I found it to be a very tough chapter...my intense dislike for spiders didnt really help and i pretty much cringed the whole way through the first and last read -which to me signifies a fantastically well written and well described piece of work. Your intense focus on the trap and the way in which it was inticately woven with the emotions of our two girlies really enveloped me in their world and allowed for the visualization of what they had to endure while trying to find each other :D so ermmm i...ermmmm...enough waffle now huh? :blush

Really all that is left for me to say is - well done you for a great chapter :D :bounce I love it - among other things ;)
xxxxx
t

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:01 pm 
8. Vixen

Read this update a few days ago but I dont have the luxury of being able to surf at home nowadays so I had to read real quick and werent able to leave feedback. Anywho... cool update! Willow is too smart for her own good :D Cant wait to see what they are up to next!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:49 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
You know what, I totally forgot while I was reading this chapter that, per Pens rules, Tara had to come out of it okay. I was just tearing through the chapter, reading as fast as I could, feeling like if I slowed down it'd be like Willow slowing down, and Tara's time was running out :paranoid Great writing there. Also, very creepy, with the bugs and the hallucinations. It was very icky, but nonetheless sweet, how Tara got bombarded with poisons and had her mind messed up so she didn't know one thing from another, but she never gave up that Willow would save her somehow.

A moment's silence for Henrietta and Lady Raven :sob And a posthumous cheer, as they managed to save Willow and Tara, even though they couldn't save themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:01 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky :tumble need more Please now get to :kgeek

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:15 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hello everyone :wave

Life has been going at a mad pace lately, seems like someone has pressed the fast forward button and forgot to warn me about it. And I know way too much time has passed over the last time I updated… again, for which I apologize.
Thank you to all of you who are still reading my story, patiently waiting for updates, and leaving replies. You guys are the greatest and a big part of what makes me head to my computer time and time again to pick up this story and write again :grin
As usual I wouldn’t be reviving this thread if I didn’t have an update ready for you guys, so yes… It’s true… chapter 25 is ready and I will post it in a couple of days.
Now, without any more introductory notes, here are the replies. Once again thank you for replying.

PancakesinBellies Thank you :grin I was a bit worried about posting this last chapter. I’m glad you liked it.
You won’t have to wait much longer for the next chapter.

Kerrison20 Hi :wave Oh oh :bounce Dancing bananas. I love the dancing bananas. Welcome back :bounce It has been a few years since I started this story and sometimes I worry that somehow what I write today doesn’t measure up to what I wrote in the beginning. I’m glad that after getting all caught up in the updates you still think this fic rocks. Thank you :grin

Dianneswillowtree – 1st reply Thank you :grin Yeah, Willow and Tara do need some time alone on a place where nothing bothers them for a long while. Mmm… warm beach and lots of gay love, hmm. Maybe that can be arranged :wink In the mean time they’ll have to have their fun in the temple.
I’m happy that you found this chapter easy to visualize :grin The description of the setting is usually the part that gives me the most headaches and has me agonizing over the chapter for a long time.

Dianneswillowtree – 2nd reply I’m sorry I left you waiting for so long. But hey, good news, the new chapter is ready and I’ll post it soon.
Thank you for not giving up on this story.

ceridwen :blush Well, I couldn’t keep Willow and Tara apart for long, they were kicking and screaming in my head that they wanted to be back together and they weren’t taking no for an answer.
Well, Willow is amazingly resourceful, but you are right, where will she find the antidote? Mmm :hmm
I’m really glad that you like long chapters because the next one is pretty long too… it kind of ran away on me. I hope you’ll like it.

The Rose24 You held your breath throughout the whole chapter, hum? Yay :blush Mission accomplished then :grin
Willow is a very resourceful girl and there wasn’t a snowball chance in hell that she’d let the temple get the better of her, not when Tara was at risk.
I would never torture you guys for long. No really I wouldn’t. My beta would kill me, lol. I’m sorry for the long delay again.

gabbykat Making your words mine, where do I start… We’ve talked about this chapter before. And now there was so much that I could say and yet I find myself without words.
I know the beta work makes you look deeper than just the surface and pull the chapter apart word by word so you can gaze at each of those words separately, look at them from every angle possible, trying to ascertain if they are the right pieces of the puzzle to fit there. It pleases me so much when I can pull you into the story and make you forget the beta details for a second and cringe right along with Willow and Tara. It means that I am definitively doing something right.
So, thank you, for hanging in there with me even though I decided to write a trap with spiders and made you cringe through the first and last read :grin
You inspire me to write more and better, and Tara and Willow have in you their relentless champion :grin Thank you for all your help and support, your comments, suggestions and corrections made this chapter a much better one. I’m glad you liked the chapter :bounce

WillowRulez Thanks for taking the effort to leave feedback :grin I live for the feedback!! Ermmm… ok, not completely, no :blush I do have a life, sort of, lol. But feedback makes my day so thank you very much.
I’m glad you liked the update :bounce And yes, Willow is one smart cookie, specially when Tara’s in danger. You won’t have to wait for long, next update is coming up soon.

Artemis Hi there :wave Always a pleasure to see a reply from you, one of my favourite authors :bounce
:grin I was worried that this chapter would end up being somewhat boring because well, the ending was already settled from the beginning. I am glad that this chapter made you forget what the ending was going to be and had you reading at the same rhythm Willow was running.
I ermm… creeped myself out while writing. I’d stop and think “yuck” :blush
Tara was trapped but still she had her own fight to battle, her own part of the trap to beat. While Willow had to run after a solution Tara had to hang on, almost blindly, to her trust in Willow and buy her the time the redhead needed to save her. Willow’s challenge was to figure out the puzzle in time Tara’s was having faith against all odds.
Ah, I’m glad you mentioned Henrietta and Lady Raven. Those two characters have been on my mind for a couple of years now, waiting for this chapter to make an appearance. In the meantime they have developed a life of their own in my head and there was much that could be said about them and their story. The things they left behind and their story will still have a somewhat of an impact in our girls and their journey inside the temple.
Thank you for reading and replying :grin

This is all for today. I’ll be coming back very soon with an update :bounce

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:54 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I figured you guys had waited long enough and there was no reason to keep you waiting any longer for the update.
This chapter is for everyone who thought it was time Willow and Tara had a long moment for themselves again :grin

I want to send a very special thank you to my beta reader gabbykat who did an amazing job with this chapter. Her work makes it shine. Thank you gabs, you're the best :*

Ok, and now without further delays, here it is:

• Title: The Artifact
• Author: sabina
• Distribution: Anywhere. Just please ask me first.
• Spoilers: No spoilers whatsoever. This is an AU fic.
• Rating: It is going to get to NC-17.
• Pairing: W/T
• Disclaimer: The “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” series and its characters are the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. The “Tomb Raider” videogame is the property of Eidos Interactive and Core Design. This fic is not meant to infringe any copyrights.
• Summary: Willow and Tara are two strong and independent tomb raiders who are both hired to find the same artifact. Trapped inside a temple they realize that not everything is what it seems and they have to work together and fight side by side for their lives as they try to find the way out.

• Note 1: I want to thank my beta reader gabbykat for her help, support and outstanding job on the chapters. She makes my story shine. She also has been this story’s champion, always encouraging me to write and not letting me forget about the artifact. So thank you gabs.
• Note 2: I want to thank my beta reader for the first 22 chapters, TKOLove. Without her help and encouragement maybe the artifact wouldn’t have been posted. Your work has made this fic a better one, so thank you TKOLove.
• Note 3: I love Tomb Raider and this fic was something that had been in the back of my mind for long. Now I finally decided to write it. I hope you all enjoy reading it.
• Note 4: Thoughts are in italics

[center]Previously[/center]

“You found me baby.” She whispered with all the conviction, seriousness and love she could get into those four words.
Willow breathed deeply and stared into the amazing eyes of her girlfriend and saw the truth and love that shone there. Then she gathered her words and vowed.
“I will always find you.” as she slowly closed her eyes and joined her forehead to Tara’s

[center]Chapter 25[/center]

“As for you being selfish…” Tara pulled away so her eyes could focus on the green gems in front of her. She watched and waited for Willow to lift her eyes to gaze at her before quietly speaking. “Willow, I think you were the one that drew the short straw this time.”

The redhead moved her head from side to side to give more emphasis to how much she disagreed with the blonde’s assessment of the situation.
“No, no…Tara… how can you say that? I mean God… you were hanging upside down, trapped in a… in a… in…in some sort of cocoon thingy and there were spiders everywhere… tons of spiders and… and… even some giant spiders… I mean ewwww!”

“Well… technically I was yes, but you know something?” Tara interrupted the redhead’s tirade by gently cupping her face and looking directly into the wide eyes.
Willow closed her eyes, regretfully and again moved her head from side to side but this time made no effort to speak. She was savoring the feeling of her girlfriend’s hands on her face too much to dislocate them only for the purpose of speaking.

“I can’t really remember much about it. I mean maybe it was the poison or maybe it’s another trick of this temple… But everything’s a bit fuzzy after the moment when we were going through the backpack in the room and you began to read to me.”
“Oh.” Willow said as she assimilated what the blonde had just said. “So you can’t remember what happened? Like your memory has been wiped out by the poison? Isn’t that worse than remembering? Like… like a black hole in your mind? And… no, wait that’s such a bad analogy, black holes have a pull that sucks everything in the vicinity inside them… And it isn’t like that, is it?”

“No, God sweetheart, that wasn’t what I meant at all...” Tara tried to interrupt the anxious redhead who was beyond listening.
“I mean you don’t have other thoughts disappearing all of a sudden do you? Silly question… how would you know if you remembered something that you can’t remember? That kind of defeats the purpose of remembering. Oh, oh I know we could play like twenty questions and see if you remembered everything. Hmm… What’s your name? What year is it? What…”

The blonde sighed, then smiled as she pulled Willow to her and kissed her on the mouth, their lips fitting together like they had been made for nothing else but kissing each other, all other functions faded becoming mere after thoughts.

A long moment later the blonde pulled away, meeting unfocused green eyes with her own hazy gaze.
Softly she whispered, “Baby, that wasn’t what I meant at all. I don’t have a black spot on my mind. I remember what happened. It’s just the details are kind of blurred and getting hazier as time moves on. Its like nothing more than a bad dream. I mean I know what happened but I don’t feel hurt by it… And…” Tara paused for a second trying to find the right words. “And… you see sweetie, that’s why I think you were left with the hard part. The not knowing what had happened… Alone and without any clues where to start looking.”

Willow mulled over Tara’s words searching the blue depths in front of her for a hint of something more hidden in the shadows. But Tara’s gaze never wavered there wasn’t a ripple in the calm blue ocean that met the redhead.
“Do you think it’s the poison doing that? Maybe it hasn’t all come out of your system…” The redhead frowned at the idea.
“I don’t know maybe. Maybe it’s all going to crash down on me later.” Tara cringed at that idea before taking a deep breath and adding. “Or maybe it’s the temple at work. It has thrown us a bone before… I guess we’ll have to wait and see.”

Willow pondered her girlfriend’s words for a second before replying.
“Yeah… you’re right, sometimes things go our way courtesy of our friendly temple. Like the calm before the storm… or better yet the calm after the storm. Wonder why that is… Not that I’m complaining or anything. So we wait… God I hate waiting.”

Tara moved her hands to wrap them around the redhead’s neck and leaned her head to the side so that she could pull Willow closer to her, hugging her tight once again. She felt more than heard a soft sigh escape the redhead’s lips as the space between them vanished and Willow hid her head in Tara’s neck. The blonde turned slightly to kiss her girlfriend’s neck just below her ear and whispered playfully.

“Well, I can’t do anything about the waiting but… I promise I’ll try not to get lost in future.”
Willow heard the humour in Tara’s voice and gave a half-hearted chuckle before pulling away to look into her girlfriend’s eyes. “That’s a relief because if you were planning on getting lost often I might have to put you on a leash… and I mean where would I find a leash in this temple… ermmm ok scratch that I so don’t want to tempt fate. Besides that would be slightly on the kinky side and I’m not really into that… at least… I ermmm… don’t think I am.”

Oh goddess… a leash?? What the hell was I thinking?? I had to say a leash… not a rope, not handcuffs.. which are actually kind of sexy… hell not even a locater or something… no I just had to do it, I had to open my mouth and insert my foot… I had to say a leash, like I wanted to control her or something… hmph as if… Now a gag for me…to stop the foot in mouth action… That would be useful.

Tara couldn’t help but smile at the redhead’s babble. Her smile widening as she saw a blush start to spread over her girlfriend’s face.

God I love this woman, but no to the leash not my thing either… now some bindings… and maybe a blindfold… now those have potential.

Tara felt heat suffusing her at the images that popped into her mind and knew that her face was probably the same colour as her girlfriend’s. She was about to tease Willow about the leash comment when a long yawn took her by surprise.

At the soft sound Willow instantly forgot her embarrassment and lifted worried eyes and steadying hands to Tara.
“Are you ok baby? You should eat… You were going to eat and then I sidetracked us… I know the menu isn’t that varied and erm not that tasty but it helps with the poison and… and you should sleep, yes a definitive for the resting.”
The blonde smiled at her beautiful girlfriend and yawned again suddenly feeling very tired.

“Can’t I pass on the protein balls, honey please?” Tara pouted at her girlfriend.
Willow chuckled weakly. “That’s a relief… If you had wanted the protein balls then I would’ve been sure you were ill.”
Tara lifted her hand to hold Willow’s and gently squeeze it smiling a contented lopsided smile.
“Don’t worry baby, I’m fine. I promise. I really hate to say it but I think I just need to eat those awful things and then rest for a little then I’ll be as good as new.”

Willow smiled back shakily then turned picking up the blanket laying next to them and stretched it out on the floor.
Tara crawled the short distance to sit on the sleeping bag leaning back against the wall. The redhead passed her a protein ball and a bottle of water then sat back on her feet and gazed uneasily at her girlfriend.

The blonde took a bite of her protein ball and looked up to meet the green orbs staring back at her. With a slight smirk she raised an eyebrow and addressed the redhead with a tinge of humour in her voice.
“Oh, no you don’t.”
“Don’t what sweetie?” Willow asked surprised.
“You don’t get to sit there watching me eating these awful things and not have some too.”

Willow scrunched up her face like a kid who had just been told to eat her greens.
“Oh don’t you give me that look and don’t even think about pouting missy.” A yawn interrupted the blonde and she softened her tone becoming more serious. “You need the energy too baby. And I’d like the company.”

The last line alone was enough to convince the redhead. She sat down next to her girlfriend and picked up a protein ball for herself. Then she sighed resigned to the fact she was about to eat and took a distasteful bite.
Tara smiled and leaned her head to rest on Willow’s shoulder and closed her eyes as she chewed slowly.
Willow moved her arm to cradle Tara holding her lightly but securely to her. The redhead watched closely, seeing the fatigued set to the blondes shoulders and the tired, slow movement of her jaw as she chewed her food.

Oh God… what am I going to do if she’s not all right?

The redhead observed the blonde chewing on the same piece of food for much longer than was really necessary and gently shook her.
“Honey, maybe you should lie down.”
Tara blinked her eyes open and looked at her girlfriend. Smiling sleepily she began sliding down the blanket, settling on her side using the redhead’s lap as a pillow.

Willow reached over and pulled the blanket up to cover her girlfriend’s body, then gently laid her hand on Tara’s neck. Moving her fingers slowly she began to massage the muscles, lightly playing with the fine hairs that had escaped the blonde’s ponytail. The light caresses made Tara sigh happily and snuggle in closer to Willow bringing one hand to clutch the redhead’s thigh possessively.

The redhead smiled at the sound and the gesture as she watched her girlfriend for a long moment, analyzing the gentle rise and fall of her chest, gazing at Tara’s face for any sign of distress. When all she found was the deep breathing of a sound sleep she relaxed feeling like she too could breathe easy.

She’s going to be ok, … she’ll wake up… and… and be fine. Now I just need to stop fretting over every breath she takes. She’s been breathing all her life. She’s a master breather. So ermmm maybe stop watching now… I can feel her breathing on my leg so I don’t need to look to know she’s ok… hmmm… I know what I can do.

Willow shifted slightly allowing her to reach the backpack without disturbing Tara. Lifting the backpack over the sleeping form she put it down next to her and began to rummage through it easily finding what she was looking for, the diary.

Aha! Here it is, too bad I didn’t put a couple of the books about dear old Shamia in here before this whole mess started. I’m with Tara on this one, there are things that don’t add up about this temple and it’s time to hit the books to find out exactly what we’re dealing with. Starting with this diary… hmmm… It seemed so much bigger before. Talk about altered perception. Ok where was I?

”…my Lady, my love is dead and I’ll soon follow her. Together in death as we were in life. My only regret was not being able to gaze into her eyes while my own closed for the final time.
However the end is not the place to start a tale, so let me go back to the beginning. My story does not begin until I meet her… My Raven…

The redhead read on, lulled by her girlfriend’s steady breathing, completely engrossed in the story of the two lovers from long ago. Two strong women adventurers whose story of love had resisted time and death in the form of a leather bound diary.

Willow had a brief moment of panic when the flare began to die down and she frantically fumbled around in the backpack for another. Tensing, she drew her gun with one hand and lit the flare with the other. As the flare illuminated the room she glanced around searching for spiders, sighing in relief and relaxing slightly when didn’t see any. Putting her gun back in its place, she put the flare on the ground next to her.

Ok, relax, breathe! The diary says the spiders come out when the torches die down, it’s been right so far but we didn’t light the torch this time so that means no spiders…

More relaxed now but still alert, she picked up the diary to resume her reading.

“Oh Willow.” Tara moaned startling the redhead out of her reading reverie and making her tense up at the noise which in turn jostled the blonde awake.
“Mmm.” strong fingers clutched Willow’s thigh tighter for a second before easing up the pressure. Laden blue eyes opened and were met by sheepish greens that soon turned to a look of worry.

“I’m so sorry baby, I so didn’t mean to be all jumpy girl and wake you. How are you feeling? Does anything hurt? Are you ok?” Willow shot rapidly.
Tara stretched contentedly, closed her eyes, smiled and nuzzled the redhead’s thigh with her cheek and nose. Then she pressed her lips to where Willow’s shorts ended dropping a gentle kiss on the warm skin.
“Mmm…” She hummed in appreciation, drinking in the scent that was Willow and making her girlfriend blush. Her senses now alert, she sat up to face the other girl smiling reassuringly. “I’m ok really, all I needed was to sleep. I’m feeling as good as new honey.”

Feeling reassured but still looking for confirmation the redhead looked carefully at the other girl.
“Are you sure sweetie? You don’t feel dizzy or confused?”
Tara smiled her lopsided smile, then moved to sit on Willow’s lap facing her girlfriend. Lifting her arms she wrapped them behind the redhead’s neck and gazed deeply into the other girl’s eyes as she slowly leaned forward to place a quick reassuring peck on the redheads lips.
“I’m sure baby. No confusion, no dizziness, no strange voices in my head. I’m ok, I promise.”

“And how is your memory?” Willow asked as she moved her arms to circle her girlfriend’s back.
Tara sighed contently at the feel of the redhead’s arms holding her.
“Well… I know my name.” She lowered her eyes shyly before lifting them up again, a little playful glint in the blue depths. “I know yours… I know the rhythm of your breathing and the beating of you heart.”

The blonde tightened her hold on the redhead’s neck and leaned forward stopping a hairs breadth away from her girlfriend’s mouth.
“I remember the feel of your lips and the taste of your mouth…” Tara whispered seductively. “But maybe… just maybe you might need to help me refresh my memory.”

Willow opened her mouth to speak but no sound issued forward and she closed it to swallow and try again.
“Oh God, Tara. Do you think that’s a good idea? If we start something… I mean… I don’t know if I can stop.”

Tara moved her head back to regard her girlfriend seriously.
“What’s bothering you, Willow?”
“Well, we’re always talking about being delayed and wouldn’t this be considered a delay? And there’s the okay-ness of you, I mean are you really ok? Are you sure this isn’t the poison speaking?” The redhead asked staring straight into her girlfriend’s eyes.

The blonde saw the real trepidation in her girlfriend’s eyes and took a moment to ponder her questions, not rushing into an answer.
“Ok, here goes! About the delay, I think it’s time for us to stop for the day anyway so it wouldn’t cause any real delay. As far as the poison goes… I feel fine but only time will tell if the poison has completely left my system.” Tara paused and smiled then added. “And… well Willow, its like this, I always want you so there’s nothing strange in me wanting this, wanting us… together, I am 110% sure its not the poison talking, its all me!”

Willow blushed and smiled back, Tara’s words warming her heart and making it beat faster at the same time. It took only a moment for the redhead to make up her mind.
“Yeah, it’s time to stop for the day. And you know what honey? I think my memory could use some refreshing too.”
The smile spread slowly on Tara’s face, a sexy lopsided grin that lit up her eyes with an electric blue fire.
“Oh does it now?”

Willow leaned forward, closing the distance between them and whispered just before pressing her lips to the ruby ones before her.
“Definitively.”

The kiss began slowly, like a gentle remembering, lips opening and closing together, evaluating the texture, mapping the form.
Then Tara let her tongue slip out, flicking Willow’s bottom lip, pressing gently, and begging entrance into the redhead’s mouth. Willow’s lips parted and welcomed the soft, wet tongue with her own, a low moan rising from her throat as she suckled it, tasting it, as her hands insistently tried to pull the blonde closer.

Feeling the pressure of the other girl’s hands on her back Tara moved to straddle Willow’s lap, raising her hands to cup the redhead’s face, she pulled her lips away a small fraction.
“Better, honey?” Tara asked in a husky, playful whisper.
Willow tensed her arms, applying pressure on the blondes back, making her slide that little bit closer on her lap, squeezing out any air between them.
“Much.” The redhead answered with a smile, licking her lips and letting her tongue slip out to tease the blondes glistening bottom lip.

Tara’s lips curved into her trademark lopsided grin, her eyes darkened and the look on her face became one that oozed sensuality, then she moved forward slightly and whispered huskily.
“I think so too.” With a look that smouldered she tilted her girlfriend’s head slightly backwards, watching the expression on Willow’s features the whole time. Licking her now dry lips she used her thumbs to gently caress the redhead’s lips for a second before leaning forward to kiss her, deeply.
“Mmmm.” Willow moaned at the move and slid her hands downwards, following the soft curve of her girlfriend’s back, over the waistband of Tara’s shorts to hold the blonde’s firm, toned ass in her hands.

Tara broke their kiss, gasping for air, and tilted her head backwards forcing her hips to move forward into Willow. The added pressure sent tingles of sensation through her body and she started a gentle rocking motion pushing herself more firmly onto her girlfriend’s hands.
“Oh Goddess… Willow.”
The throaty moan sent a shiver down Willow’s spine making her heart beat faster. Gentle hands, at first, lightly massaged and circled the muscles of the blondes ass, then began to probe deeper, feeling the ripples of strength beneath her hands as the other girl moved against her.

The look of aroused rapture on Tara’s face was mesmerising, head thrown back, long blonde tresses flowing behind her, the long expanse of her creamy neck exposed and vulnerable, eyes closed, teeth biting her glistening bottom lip. The whole vision before her had Willow completely entranced.
“Goddess Tara, you’re so beautiful.” The redhead breathed out as she leaned forward to run her lips over her girlfriend’s neck in a gentle sucking motion.

A long deep sigh escaped Tara’s lips and she brought her hands up to hold Willow’s head to her neck. Her right hand making contact with the elastic band that held the redhead’s ponytail in place, while the other found purchase on Willow’s neck and began long, slow strokes up and down. Wanting to sink her fingers in soft red tresses the blonde began pulling on the elastic band to undo Willow’s ponytail. The band never stood a chance as the soft bundle was released and the elastic lay broken on the ground.
“Mmm.” With a husky moan of appreciation Tara entangled her hands in the auburn tresses, loving the soft, silky feeling as the threads caressed her fingers.

Willow gently sucked the spot she was kissing on the blondes collarbone before she ran her lips from there to her ear, leaving a moist trail in her wake. Slipping her tongue out she flicked the fleshy earlobe before she began down the same path kissing, nibbling lightly, and letting her tongue slip out occasionally to give soothing, gentle licks to the sensitive skin. She searched for Tara’s pulse point by touch, letting her lips guide her until she felt the beating of the blonde’s heart just below the surface. She pressed her lips firmly to the skin, and after a gentle lick of her tongue, began to suck. Softly first, then she began to suckle in time with Tara’s heart beat, a moan escaping her lips as she bit down, her teeth sinking into but not breaking the delicate skin.

“Oh God!” Tara moaned at the pulling sensation and slid her hands down the redhead’s sides, brushing across the soft curves of her breasts for a second and making Willow hold her tighter. Tara met the hem of the other girl’s T-shirt and pushed her hands inside. Stroking upwards she began caressing the hot skin of Willow’s back and going back down she raked her nails over the same path.

“Oh Tara.” The redhead snapped her head back and arched her back, leaving her girlfriend’s creamy neck, separating them for a fraction of a moment to moan deep and husky in the blonde’s ear.
Tara took advantage of the opening and hooked her thumbs on the hem of the redhead’s t-shirt slowly pulling it upwards, palms pressing firmly against Willow’s sides, all the while gazing at her girlfriend, gauging her reaction.

The redhead lifted her eyes to be met with dark sapphires burning with a flaming intensity. Willow gulped and lifted her arms, Tara’s hot gaze making her mouth go dry as the moisture in her body travelled south flowing from her centre leaving a damp pool in her panties.

Seeing the absolute trust in Willow’s actions ignited her passion, the blonde smiled saucily as her hands continued their trek upwards, slowly, seductively. Now that she had her girlfriend’s full attention she wanted to keep it, slowing her movements further she gently caught the material of Willow’s bra easily with her fingers and pulled the garment along with the T-shirt upwards, freeing the redhead’s breasts to the air. Tara deliberately moved her gaze downwards focusing on the revealed skin.

Willow flushed under the concentrated attention of her girlfriend. She could feel the blistering gaze on her skin like a caress, a lick of blue fire. She felt a shiver run down her spine at the same time her nipples tightened, begging for the blonde’s attention. She struggled with her half discarded clothes, finally pulling them off, almost without the blonde’s help.

Tara was riveted to the sight of her girlfriend’s breasts pushed upwards by Willow's lifted arms, the soft contours, the adorably pink buds puckering and elongating in the cool air. When she felt the garments she held loosely in her hands sliding away from her she lifted her eyes meeting her girlfriend’s flushed face.

Shinning deep forest green eyes met the blonde’s somewhat shyly, then with a look that threatened to turn Tara into a pool of wetness Willow’s head lulled backwards and she arched her back, which pushed her pert breasts forward making an offering that begged to be taken. The redhead’s heart was racing so out of control in her chest, she almost had to remind herself to keep breathing.

Tara felt her mouth water and she forced herself to hold back for a moment savouring the anticipation. Placing her hands on the redhead’s sides she stroked the skin lightly with her thumbs.
“God, you are so beautiful, baby. So very beautiful…” The blonde whispered throatily.

Willow bit back a whimper, the teasing pause and touch making her ache for Tara, her nerve endings coiling, the hot burning desire building like energy ready to explode in sensation as soon as she’s touched. Slightly unsteady Willow brought her hands down to rest on her girlfriend’s thighs trying desperately to find purchase and meeting bare skin which she clutched lightly.

The feel of soft, sexy hands so close to her centre distracted Tara for a second, a shiver running down her body, her hips twitching, wanting to move. The blonde took a deep breath to help calm herself then began to stroke up Willow’s sides until she reached the underside of the succulent curve of her breasts, stroking and kneading the velvety mounds. With a long breathy moan she lost the courage and the strength to tease either of them any longer and moved inwards to cup the pert little breasts in her hands.

“Oh God, Tara...yes!” Willow moaned, closing her eyes, biting on her bottom lip whilst at the same time arching her back thrusting her breasts more firmly into her girlfriend’s hands asking for firmer contact.
The blonde didn’t disappoint, rubbing her thumbs over the redhead’s nipples, circling at first then flicking, loving the muffled sounds issuing almost continuously from the redhead’s throat. She closed her forefingers and thumbs around the deep pink nubs and rolled them for a moment before applying more pressure and pinching them gently.

“GOD Yess!” The redhead breathed out. Her hips starting to rock against the blonde, searching for relief, needing the pressure, the pleasure! At the same time she moved her hands upwards along Tara’s thighs to grab the hem of the blonde’s T-shirt and tug on it. She wanted it off and she wanted it off now.

“Mmmm.” Tara groaned loudly as the unexpected thrust of her girlfriend’s hips put pressure right where she needed it. Loosing her concentration, her hands stilled on Willow’s breast as her hips bucked against her girlfriend’s, rotating, rubbing her engorged clit against the rough fabric of her shorts.
“Willow… mmm…I need to…oh god…can we… lie down?” She almost pleaded, breathless.
“God yes. But first… off.” The redhead replied tugging on the blonde’s T-shirt, pulling it upwards insistently.

Tara crossed her arms to grab her T-shirt’s hem and pulled it and her bra over her head in one quick, fluid movement leaving her topless.
As soon as the creamy breasts were revealed to her gaze Willow took advantage of her position, at almost eye level with the blonde’s firm breasts. She leaned forward to kiss the right nipple in an open mouthed kiss, her tongue and lips lavishing attention on the tight fleshy nub, stroking and pulling before sucking it into her mouth completely.

“Oh sweet Goddess.” Tara moaned caught by surprise. Her hands flew to the redhead’s shoulders to steady herself as the feeling of Willow’s hot, moist mouth pulling on her nipple made her centre flood and her hips accelerate their rocking motion against Willow.
Willow brought her right hand up to cup the neglected breast, stroking the nipple in circles, until closing down on the very sensitive tip and pinching it. Her mouth continued its sensual assault on Tara’s now swollen nub. Nibbling, licking, suckling, flicking, grazing, each erotic movement on the highly sensitive nipple, increasing the blonde’s excitement.

“Goddess Willow… baby stop… lie down… God, lie down” Tara pleaded, panting, her heart beat threatening to thunder from her chest as the concentrated attention of the redhead’s talented mouth and fingers on her nipples became almost more than she could bare. Her body almost convulsing against the redhead, she shakily raised her hands clutching Willow’s shoulders.
Hearing the urgency in her girlfriend’s voice, Willow pulled away regretfully with one last flick to both nipples and looked up meeting eyes with pupils so dilated that they looked almost black under the flare’s light.

Closing her eyes and breathing heavily, Tara paused before moving her weight back to her feet and lifting herself off Willow’s lap, allowing her to move away from the wall.
Willow stared at her girlfriend’s form mesmerized by the way she moved, by the curves of her body, her flat tummy leading up to large firm breasts that moved with each heaving breath she took, wet, hard nipples glistening in the light, standing proud.

“Goddess.” Willow let out a throaty gasp.
The redhead felt herself growing wetter, her clit starting to throb screaming for attention, begging for relief. Holding her breath she raised herself up slightly turning her body away from the wall to lay on her back on the blanket where Tara had napped earlier. Supporting herself on her elbows she extended one hand upwards to her girlfriend, needing the blonde to join her.

Seeing the pleading in her girlfriend’s eyes and sensing a need that matched her own, Tara quickly took the proffered hand letting herself be pulled down to join the sexy vision before her. Moving one leg over the redhead’s body the blonde once again straddled her lap. Allowing her weight to drop forward to her arms she leaned into Willow pushing their naked breasts together and making them both moan at the same time.
“Oh Tara…”
“Mmmm honey.”

Willow felt her arms shaking under the onslaught of sensation and moved slowly to lie on her back. Flexing her well toned arms, Tara followed the redheads motion, sinking down on top of her, pressing their naked, scorched skin together again. Putting most of her weight on her elbows and forearms the blonde entwined slender fingers through the red silky mane to hold Willow’s head in place as she leaned in kissing her girlfriend’s mouth. Deep, quick, needy kisses in time with their accelerated breaths.

Willow lifted her hands to stroke her girlfriend’s naked back. Probing the muscles deeply with her fingers, making wide circles, up and down, raking blunt nails gently but firmly down the blonde’s back, making Tara break their kisses to arch her back, closing her eyes in blissful rapture.

“Oh Goddess...Will…ow… God baby!” Tara moaned as she felt the sensations overload her system right down to her core. Opening her eyes she focused her gaze on Willow’s eyes as she started to seductively slide her body in small deliberate circles, rubbing stiff nipples, sweat covered bellies and grinding centres.
The redhead’s eyelids closed as her head fell backwards, her body starting to rock against Tara’s, sweat making it easy for their bodies to glide together.

The blonde eyed the exposed, delectable skin beneath her and hungrily moved down latching her lips to Willow’s neck.
“Tara.” The redhead moaned and brought her hands to the back of her girlfriend’s head holding her mouth in place.
Tara moved her mouth away for a moment and lowered her hands to take Willow’s in her own. She looked into the redhead’s eyes and then slowly, interlinked their fingers lifting their arms above their heads, pining Willow’s hands in place.

Willow whimpered at the constriction, her body shaking with the need to get closer, to feel more, to be touched by the object of her desire. Then she met Tara’s eyes and saw a passion burning there that promised to answer all her
pleas, even the ones she didn’t realise she had.

The blonde smiled at her girlfriend, a sexy lopsided smile that curved her lips sweetly. The smile slowly faded as a look of hunger took over and she leaned down resuming her exploration of the satiny skin of Willow’s neck. The redhead’s eyes fluttered closed as Tara began by kissing the hollow of her throat, letting her tongue slip out to taste the sweet skin. Moving upwards, following the column of Willow’s neck, nibbling and kissing until she reached the redhead’s ear. There she whispered throatily.
“God baby. You taste as good as I remember. But I think I need to…” She stopped to kiss the redhead’s ear lobe punctuating each word with a gentle suck. “…taste… everything… just… to… make… sure.”

Willow’s eyes snapped open, her heart hammering in her chest, she gulped loudly before asking in a breathless whisper.
“Everything?”
Tara moved away from her girlfriend’s neck to meet Willow’s eyes as she answered.
“Everything.” She replied meaningfully. Then she paused for a second, a shy glint entering her eyes as she asked. “Is that ok?”

Willow felt her heart melting at the timid request even as it sped rapidly out of control at the thought of what was to come. She didn’t have to think twice about her answer. She stared straight into the shy, beautiful eyes and answered.
“Yes.”

Simple and to the point and it was all that Tara needed to hear. The blonde squeezed the redhead’s hands gently in her own, feeling the answering squeeze a moment later. Smiling sensually at her girlfriend she swooped down returning to her starting point – the hollow of Willow’s neck. Only this time instead of heading upwards she headed downwards, sliding her body on top of the redhead’s, the pressure adding to the building glow that was threatening to explode from both raiders. Panting loudly Tara pushed the feelings deep inside and continued down the centre of Willow’s heaving chest, kissing, hot, wet, open mouthed kisses. At the same time her hands moved downwards caressing the sensitive skin of the redhead’s wrist and forearm.

Willow bit her bottom lip and squirmed, whimpering under her girlfriend’s concentrated assault on her senses. Everywhere the blonde touched felt like it was on fire. She felt like she would erupt if she didn’t find relief soon. Her shorts were beyond drenched and her clit was swollen and so sensitive that the pressure of the fabric on it was enough to drive her insane. She rocked her hips but she couldn’t get the pressure where she needed it.
“God… Tara… Please.”

Tara heard the desperate tone on the other girl’s voice and decided that it was time to speed things up. She too was in serious need of relief, Willow’s thrusts pressing hard between her spread legs, sparked deep ripples of pleasure. She could feel her clit throbbing relentlessly while her sex spilled her juices continuously. She clenched her jaw tight to resist the urge to push back against her girlfriend’s thrusts and ride Willow’s hips until she exploded.

Swallowing back a groan and biting back her own desire the blonde put all of her weight down on the redhead’s thighs and hips pinning her in place, stilling her movements.
“Tara.” The redhead whimpered at the restriction of movement. Her whole body was screaming at her to move, to thrust, to gyrate, to push, to do something, anything to relieve the pressure.

The blonde answered by moving her head to the side quickly kissing one nipple and ending it with a flat tongued lick before moving to give the other nipple the same treatment. Continuing her trek she kissed down the centre of the redhead’s taut belly, sliding her body down, feeling the dampness of Willow’s excitement on her tummy. She gasped and threw her head back as she reached the waistband of Willow’s shorts, knowing the treasures that lay hidden beneath.

Willow arched her back as she felt her girlfriend’s mouth on her breasts, the strokes on her nipples sending jolts of electrical current surging to her centre. When Tara moved her mouth downwards reaching the waistband of her shorts, Willow groaned, this is where she was aching for Tara to be and she didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Her body drawn as tight as a bow string ready to snap, her senses tipsy with arousal that was undulating under her girlfriend’s touch.

Tara breathed in deeply, her mouth watering as she smelt the musky scent that was all Willow.
“Mmm Willow.” A hum of appreciation escaped the blonde’s throat as she kissed her girlfriend’s belly, loving the way she could feel the muscles jumping beneath her lips. Bringing her hands down the path her mouth had traced, over the elevation of soft, supple breasts, rubbing the stiff nipples, pinching them just before leaving them to follow down the redhead’s belly and land on the button of her shorts.

“Oh Goddess Tara.” Willow moaned as her girlfriend’s hands caressed her engorged nipples. They were so sensitive that any touch sent fiery jolts of pleasure through the redhead’s body accumulating in her swollen clit which was already throbbing mercilessly demanding to be touched.
When she felt the blonde’s hands reach her shorts’ button, her hips eagerly arched up, wordlessly pleading to get rid of the clothes.

Needing no more encouragement Tara made quick work of the button and zipper and in a moment was moving backwards pulling both the redhead’s shorts and panties down her legs and off her body, leaving Willow clad in nothing but her boots.

“Oh Tara baby… Yesss.” The redhead growled her appreciation for the clothes finally being removed from her body. As she began to settle back her legs instantly fell slightly opened, her juices glistening, coating her curls as they flowed freely from her. She shivered at the feeling of the cold air hitting her copious wetness, cooling on her heated flesh. She moaned as she felt her moisture coat the inside of her thighs.

The blonde sat back on her hunches and took a moment to enjoy the sight of her naked girlfriend shaking with need, waiting for her. The blonde’s eyes were drawn irresistibly to the wet auburn curls at the apex of the redhead’s thighs that hid her girlfriend’s sex from her eyes. Tara felt her mouth go dry as her clit pulsated almost painfully at the sight, her shorts and panties feeling uncomfortable against her swollen, sensitive nub. Not in the mood to torture herself any longer, the blonde brought her hands down and opened her shorts, pushing them down along with her soaked panties for as far as they would go. Then she got on her hands and knees and kicked them off the rest of the way as she crawled towards Willow.

The redhead closed her hands tight on the blanket beneath her to resist driving one hand down and stroking herself until she came. The ravenous look on the blonde’s face as she gazed at Willow was almost enough to make the redhead explode with need. She looked up at Tara, opening her mouth, intending to beg the blonde to come back to her, to touch her, only to be left mute by the sight of a gorgeous, naked blonde crawling towards her with intent.

Tara reached her girlfriend and kneeled between her legs, putting her hands on the inside of the redhead’s knees she gently lifted them slightly and pushed them upwards making her girlfriend bend her knees. Moving her hands up, she began stroking the sensitive skin on the inside of the redhead’s thighs, gasping in utter arousal as she felt the wetness that coated them. Her breath catching in her throat she moved on, fingers slowly circled the wet skin as she gently pushed Willow’s thighs apart spreading her wide open to the cool air and her hungry eyes.

Willow’s heart hammered in her ears, her thigh muscles twitching nervously with the effort of holding herself without pushing back against her girlfriend’s hands as Tara moved her legs apart to have better access to her centre. She was so wet and open for Tara, so vulnerable, needing her so desperately, wanting to feel Tara in every inch of her being.

Tara stopped, her hands just short of reaching her goal, her thumbs almost touching Willow’s lips. She stroked gently the moist skin where the redhead’s wetness had spilled onto her thighs. Then without moving her hands away, Tara lay down on her belly, fitting her shoulders in between the redhead’s strong thighs. Then reverently, she softly placed a kiss on the drenched curls and blowing a small gust of breath she moved her thumbs inwards to part Willow’s engorged lips and spread her open to her eyes.

“Oh Goddess.” Willow moaned loudly at the first touch of Tara’s thumbs on her molten hot centre, her hips jerking up of their own volition; the long build up and nervous anticipation making that first touch so powerful.

The blonde moved her head away from the redhead’s jerking motion and moved one of her hands to Willow’s belly to steady her while the other stayed on the redhead’s lips, separating them. Then she focused all of her attention on the redhead’s centre. She inhaled deeply, filling her lungs with Willow’s musky scent while she felt her mouth water at the view in front of her. The redhead’s sex coated from top to bottom in creamy wetness, her engorged clit a deep red island in a sea of Willow’s juices. And it was all for her.

A deep, possessive growl reverberated low in her throat, the desire to taste Willow, to take her and make her hers was so overpowering that Tara believed she would implode if she didn’t act soon. Extending her tongue she dived hungrily giving one long flat lick from Willow’s opening up to her clit collecting as much of the redhead’s juices as she could on her tongue.

As the blonde moved forward and ploughed her tongue through the wetness, stroking the sensitive, swollen flesh, Willow couldn’t help but arch her back and moan loudly.
“Oh… God… Tara…” Willow panted as she felt like her world almost exploded from that first touch of Tara’s tongue on her sex. Her hands flew to her girlfriend’s head, pulling the blonde tighter against her, needing the pressure, aching for Tara’s tongue inside her as she tried to thrust up with her hips.

Tara pulled back slightly to savour that first taste of the redhead’s juices. Sweet but salty she found Willow’s taste to be intoxicating and moaned her appreciation throatily.
“Mmmm Willow… yummy!”
“God… Oh God… baby, please.” Willow moaned loudly. Hair plastered to her forehead by sweat, eyes tightly closed, head arched back, mouth slightly opened, the tendons of her neck standing out, under the flare’s light the redhead was the picture of desperate, wanton need.

Deciding that it was time to get to the point, the blonde descended, this time focusing on the redhead’s clit. She started by giving a welcoming lick to the very hard nubby, from the sensitive tip to the base, then began her blisteringly heated assault. She licked all around the bundle of nerves, lapping up the juices surrounding it, making the redhead moan continuously. Then she flicked it.
“God Yes.” Willow screamed loudly, arching her back high, the pleasure so acute that it bordered on painful. Her hands flew from Tara’s head to clutch the blanket grabbing fistfuls of fabric so tight that her knuckles turned white.

Tara noted her girlfriend’s response and flicked it again and again just to hear the redhead’s voice made husky from pleasure.
“Tara.” The redhead moaned while she turned her head from side to side. She could feel the huge pressure building in her belly, getting ready to soar through her.

The blonde closed her lips around the redhead’s nubby, fitting her tongue tight to Willow’s swollen clit, she started to suck in waves, sucking it in hard then releasing, her jaw working faster and faster.
“Oh God… Oh Tara… God… Yes Tara!” Willow chanted, the words slipping from her mouth subconsciously as she got closer and closer.

Tara could sense the change in the redhead’s taste and sucked harder in time with the bucking hips as she rapidly neared the crest of her climax.
“Goddess… Taaaarrrraaaaa.” Willow screamed as she came hard, lights exploding behind her eyelids, her body twisting and pushing against the blonde’s mouth.
The blonde rode her girlfriend’s orgasm, following the rhythm dictated by her hips, easing up the pressure as the thrusts started to lose strength.

Just as the redhead was starting to come down from her orgasm Tara brought one hand down to her opening and pushed her forefinger inside without warning, stroking the slippery, tight walls, at the same time she sucked hard on the redhead’s clit.
Willow was hit by surprise, her head reeled back with the sensation as Tara expertly stimulated her. She held her breath as she felt her body explode a second time, the waves of pleasure hitting her hard, stilling her movements for a moment, as her back arched and she clenched Tara’s finger inside her.
“Oh Taaaraaa… Yes.” She screamed once again.

Tara continued to thrust her finger inside the redhead in time with the sucking motions of her mouth on her clit, feeling the soft, cushiony walls contracting around her drawing her in deeper. As the redhead began to come down from her second climax, she started to ease up her ministrations.
Willow’s back crashed to the ground as she fell boneless on the blanket, her legs falling to the sides as all of her strength abandoned her.

With one last fond farewell lick to the redhead’s clit, Tara let go of the sensitive nubby, but left her finger buried deep inside the redhead, still feeling the occasional contraction of the walls around it. Slowly she began kissing her way up the redhead, over her belly, between the valley of her breasts, across her throat, sparring time to kiss her chin before finally reaching her mouth. Pausing before she moved to kiss the adorable lips, she tenderly watched the most beautiful sight before her, the redhead’s eyes were closed, her mouth slightly opened, her breathing still a little fast, a soft sheen of sweat glistening in what light there was and a smile gracing her soft features.

Willow smiled lazily, she sensed that her girlfriend was watching and lifted her head to catch the luscious lips between her own, tasting herself on Tara. “Mmmm.” She moaned low in her throat as the kiss ended. She opened her eyes to regard her girlfriend

The soft sound struck a spark in Tara and she lowered her eyes, her hair falling forward, slowly she began to move her finger from its warm and wet resting place. With a sharp intake of breath Willow closed her eyes waiting for the blonde to withdraw, moaning as she felt every movement of Tara’s retreat, mourning the loss.

Hearing the moan the blonde shyly watched Willow from under the blanket of hair. With a soft intake of breath she smelt Willow’s essence on her and self-consciously raised her hand to her face, gently trying to clean what she could.

Willow’s eyes snapped opened when she sensed the change in her lover and she watched as hair covered the beautiful blue eyes and a soft hand moved to the beautiful face. Quickly realising what was happening Willow’s own hand shot out and caught the blondes mid motion while her other hand moved to swipe away the barrier that was preventing her from seeing the deep pools of blue that she loved. Green eyes met a very flushed face and eyes that had only a slim rim of blue around dilated pupils.

“Tara, baby please don’t hide away, not now, not after… us.”

Willow looked squarely at the blonde, a demure smile playing on her lips as she moved close to Tara’s ear and huskily whispered.

“Lie back baby, let me take care of you.”
“Sweetie no, you’re tired. You need to rest.” Tara replied swallowing hard.
“I’m not leaving you like this, you’re shaking, god Tara my taste on you is so..., I need to taste you like you tasted me.” Willow said as firmly as she could, hoping her words were reassuring the blonde.
“There’s time enough for that honey, for now just bend your knee.” Tara said shyly.

Willow lifted her hands to cup her girlfriend’s face above her and pulled her down for a deep kiss that reaffirmed how amazing she felt, at the same time she pushed her knee firmly against the blonde’s centre. Her thigh becoming instantly drenched in the blonde’s overflowing juices.
“Oh God, baby.” Tara broke their kiss to moan loudly. The feel of Willow’s strong thigh against her aroused sex sent shockwaves of pleasure through Tara’s nervous system.

The blonde pushed herself up on to her arms to provide more leverage to ride Willow’s thigh and began gyrating her hips. Her bountiful wetness made it easy for their skin to slide together. Her puffy lips fell open under the pressure of the redhead’s thigh, leaving her clit vulnerable to every push and pull.

Willow brought her hands up to roll Tara’s erect nipples between her forefinger and thumb then she squeezed harder and pinch them.
“Oh Willow.” Tara almost screamed as every pull on her nipples made her clit throb harder. She could feel the unbearable tension that had been building up since they had started to make love pulsating deep within her as it almost reached the point of breaking.

Willow looked mesmerized as her girlfriend stood on the verge of orgasm. She was the absolute embodiment of pleasure, her head thrown back, eyes closed, teeth biting her bottom lip, sweat pearling between her breasts, and naked hips rocking harder and harder against Willow’s thigh, golden curls stroking the redhead.

Tara felt the feeling in her belly growing and growing and she quickened her motion against her girlfriend’s thigh, pressing her clit down hard. And then it happened. All movement stopped. There was complete silence. Then an earth shattering scream.
“Wiiiiilllllooowww.” Tara began to grind wildly into Willow as she came hard, ripples of pleasure exploding from her centre.

As the blonde got too uncoordinated, Willow picked up the gyrating motions against Tara’s sex and rode the rest of the blonde’s orgasm out until Tara arms gave up and she fell on top of the redhead panting.
The redhead extended her leg and hugged the blonde tight to her body. She kissed the blonde’s neck and whispered.
“I love you. I love you.” Repeatedly as she waited for her love to regain her strength and composure.
“I love you too baby.” Tara breathlessly replied.

They lay in silence for a long moment, no words needed, Tara half on top of Willow, half on the blanket, their legs entwined tight, blonde curls to auburn ones. Both of them recovering their breaths and letting the lassitude of the afterglow invade them.

Then Willow broke the silence to whisper in her girlfriend’s ear.
“Are you ok, baby?”
“Mmm… very ok.” Tara replied lazily.
“Are you sure?”
Tara opened her eyes to regard her girlfriend seriously.
“Yes, I’m so sure. Don’t worry baby. God, I was so turned on from making love to you that I think you could have made me come with words.” She grinned confidently all shyness washed away. “I’m great.”

Willow grinned back and then leaned to the side to kiss her girlfriend’s smiling mouth.
“What about you? You liked?” Tara asked, looking straight at the redhead with a half shy half smug smile on her face.
“Do you even need to ask? God Tara, it was amazing, spectacular. I don’t have words to describe how amazing it was.” Willow said with a look of complete awe and a voice that dripped with reverence before adding. “I just hope to do the same for you some day.”

Tara grinned, winked and said. “You will, baby, you so will.”

TBC.

That was it for today :moo
I hope you guys liked it :bounce
If you have the time drop me a note to say what you thought about it. Pease?

Post subject: Re: Fic: The Artifact (AU) (Updated 02/10/2007)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:40 pm 
9. Gay Now

Oh! Dibs!

Edited to include: :thud :drool Wow, amazing. Nothing else to say, really.

~Sara

Last edited by tazraven on Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:43 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hehe. *doofy grin* Such a nice update. Willow fussing over Tara like that was adorable, and the aftermath was certainly...*ahem*...memorable. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:12 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky Willow with Tara in a leash mmmmmm now look you got me doing it :blush I can,t speak except to say now I have a pool in my pantys :thud :dance :thud :dance :thud :dance :thud :dance :devilish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:33 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

O_O

:thud

*is speechless*

:drool

:bow

Hector Avellan.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:37 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Yay an update! And an incredibly hot one at that. Our girls definitely needed some time to take care of each other. Excellent! Now bring on the next puzzle and more flirting and love!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:01 pm 
19. Yummy Face

I love how Willow faces her fears and saves Tara from the cocoon. I know this is cliched, but love conquers all.

The W/T love scene is beautifully done. I am sure Willow will have no problem returning the favor after experiencing all of her firsts with Tara.

Willow seems a little fearful when Tara mentions "everything" though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next