The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: The Rant Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:14 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

What's the difference between this, The All Purpose Crappy Feelings Thread and the Pet Peeves thread?

You're just plain, freaking mad about something here and you're entitled to yell out however long a post you want. You're not looking for sympathy (okay, maybe a little bit?), you're not sad, you just wanna freaking scream at that thing/thing that made you so GRR!

This is an outlet for that.

And hey, who knows, maybe a couple of us can get together and plot a revenge on, say, your boss who's made you redo that stupid assignment a hundred times over just because you dumped him in high school.

"The I in Team"

Post subject: Re: The Rant Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:12 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

oh yes! And I think Im totally the right person to be the first actual post in this! Cause I dont think this rant would really fit into the "crappy feelings thread" even though Im planning to post there soon lol

Here we go!

So my sister and her family came out sometime last week and it's been great really, I missed her. But her husband! :happy He goes out to his friend's house to game all night and doesn't come home till around 3 in the morning, then he sleeps till about 1 or 2 in the afternoon! He doesn't pick up after eating and we're having a serious ant problem! I lost count of the times my mother and I have scrubbed down the kitchen and done the dishes. Yesterday was just...argh! He went and downloaded his game on our main computer (which is basically mine seeing as how Im the only one that uses it), and he KNOW'S my sister doesn't want him doing that. And then he goes and complains because the computer's only have the minimum amount of RAM to support his game, but does that stop him from downloading it?! NO. And instead of cooking dinner for himself and his kid's he decides to order out which he's not supposed to do as he's supposed to start losing weight or be kicked out of the Air Force. I suggested he cook something so instead of doing so, he order's pizza. :|
Then he didn't pick up and I came home from being somewhere else to see there was ant's EVERYWHERE so I had to clean it up. GRRR!

It's like he's tranfering his behavior in his own home to OUR house. I hope to god this changes when they get settled in Arizona!

See, rant lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:17 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

OK, this probably rides the border between a Pet Peeve and a Rant, but here I am. :happy

So I got this laundry basket (Rubbermaid) my freshman year in college (doin' the math, chilluns, we see that it is now almost 26 years old). It is now finally really starting to give up the ghost: little cracks coming together, turning into big cracks . . . and I know I'm only a large load or two away from one side caving away completely.

So that's that right?

It's just that I know, deep in my Old Fart bones, that if I got another laundry basket---even another Rubbermaid, whatever their "Top of the Line" is---it wouldn't last a fraction of how long this one has lasted (I see other people's baskets at the laundramat: I can tell they're all CRAP).

Ergo, I've been trying to fix Old Reliable.

I've tried several different kinds of "Super Glue", and despite the fact that the broken edges SHOULD mesh neatly together, for some reason (that it's old and persnickety, just like its owner? ;-)), they won't. So all I'm doing, is getting Super Glue all over my hands :gnome, w/ nothing to show for it whatsoever.

GG ...and I HATE getting Super Glue on my hands! Nothing gets it off properly! Not even Nail Polish remover! It feels Extra Super Yucky!! :fit2 Out

(Armchair PsychoBabble: "GG, could it be you're projecting onto this freakin' laundry basket? That it's in it finally becoming decrepit w/ age that, you compare it to yourself---and despite your supposedly 'youthful looks', you see in it your own coming decrepitude? Is that why you're making such a Big Deal over this minor annoyance? Huh?" :geek)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:24 am 
I am so beyond pissed right now. I'm posting here before anywhere else so I don't take my anger out on anyone else.

My son is 13. He's been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and dyslexia. I will admit that he is far from an angel. He's a very good kid when he wants to be. He has a very big heart and I've never really seen him act out against anyone.

His father and I decided he needed a little extra help in some classes so we enrolled him for two classes of summer school. English and Social Studies. He gets up every morning and goes to school without arguement. I picked him up today and he seemed a bit off. When I asked him what was wrong, he told me that his English teacher made a comment to him that upset him. I asked what the comment was and he said "Do your parents beat you at home? Cause if they don't, they should really start. You're not going to go amount to anything in life so I don't understand why you even bother." I told him that I would call the director of the summer school program and find out what this teacher's issue is.

I called the director and explained what transpired. My son has never lied to me or anyone else that I know of for that matter. The director told me he'd speak to the teacher and get back to me. He just called me back. It seems that my ex husband had the same teacher years ago and he remembered him. When he saw my son's last name, he asked if they were related and Kyle said that was his dad. The teacher made some sort of "oh God, its happening again" comment which my son also just told me about. So now I asked the director that since my ex husband apparently made an impression on this particular teacher, my son has to pay the consequences. The director explained to me that he has spoken with the teacher and he has apologized. I was informed by the director that this teacher was "having a bad day." Funny, I didn't get an apology and since I just dropped Kyle off, I know he didn't get one either simply because this happened today. Don't lie to me or play me off to be a fool. My next letter is going to be to the Board of Education and then to the local newspapers. I am going to demand that some sort of disciplinary action be taken. Who the hell do you think you are treating MY child or any child for that matter with this attitude?

I find this behavior to be completely unexceptable. These are people that we are trusting to teach the children of today to guide us into the future. I know there are Kittens that are school teachers and I can't fathom how a child can be treated like this. Perhaps someone can explain this behavior to me. I will not stand for the "maybe he's having a bad day" line of crap either. If you are having a bad day, DO NOT TAKE YOUR FRUSTRATIONS OUT ON A CHILD!!!! My son has overcome some serious learning disabilities. He agreed to the summer school so he wouldn't need special education any longer and could be in the same classes as his friends. I give him credit and regardless of what any educator says, I'm very proud of him, I will continue to be proud of him and HE WILL GO FAR IN LIFE!!! So watch out world, my Kyle is going places.

HUGS
Barb

Edited because I'm so angry, I had to go and correct spelling errors.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:19 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Im just fucking pissed OOFFFFF. :happy My ex decided to CALL MY HOUSE at 4 am! Apparently my mom answered and my ex asked for, "Rosie Poo" which is what she likes to call me for some reason, so my mom yelled at her. I dont even know WHY she called. I was just told this a little while ago and my mom was outside, she's giving me this little glarey, "Im pissed" look, and tell's me, "I hope you told your little friend not to call here at 4 in the morning." So what am I supposed to say? "No mom that's just my ex girlfriend who I havent talked to in a while and I really dont know why she even called!" Psh. But I texted my ex and told her to never call my house phone and that she shouldnt have called. HAVE SOME FUCKING COMMON SENSE!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:19 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

oneyedchicklet wrote:

Quote:
"Do your parents beat you at home? Cause if they don't, they should really start. You're not going to go amount to anything in life so I don't understand why you even bother."

Sorry I'm a little late getting in on this Barb. I've been really busy the past couple of days, and look what I miss, but I have to comment. Let me just say that I am appalled at your son's teacher. This man has no business teaching. You shouldn't be able to say things like that to impressionable children and get away with it. And telling a child that his parents should beat him? Come on, I don't care who you are or what you believe, I don't think there is anybody on the planet that would think this is ok to say to a child. It's just so wrong, and I can't think of a single instance where it would even make sense or be justified. As a teacher you are supposed to be a role model and keep your own emotions in check. If you can't handle that, then you have no business teaching. I don't care how bad your day is going or even if the child provokes you, you have a higher calling. I'm seriously so angry right now I want to go and punch him in the face, and I'm not generally a violent person. But I also know the kind of damage that can be done by telling a child he'll never amount to anything. If I were you, I'd do whatever I could to get him fired or at the very least suspended. Teachers are supposed to help their students reach their full potential regardless of their own personal feelings towards them. Sorry if my thoughts are disorganized or incoherent, I'm just so angry right now, but I send my support to you and your son.

Last edited by Krazy Dreamer on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:31 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

i agree completely with what Krazy Dreamer said, but i wanted to add just a little thing: how can anyone think that beating their children is right? you can very well educate your child without beating him. that's just wrong. and these are my 2 cents on this matter, since i don't want to repeat things that have been already said, and expressed far better that i ever could

"When you get excited about something, one might imagine you as a small, maniacally grinning rubber ball, which someone throws at the wall in an enclosed room, and goes bouncing off every surface for about 15 minutes."
- Mudrat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:54 am 
Thanks KD and Vale. I have emailed the president of the Board of Education regarding the incident. I also have every intention of attending the next meeting and demanding to be heard in open discussion. Like I said, my son is far from an angel but I've never even thought of raising a hand to either of my children. I just think there are much more appropriate ways of disciplining a child. No child should be held accountable for the actions of his or her parents. Especially from so long ago when the parent was a child themself.

As much as my ex husband and I don't get along, we agree on the ways our children are raised and do our best to teach them right and to do right by them. It's the only real way to be a parent.

I've watched my son move mountains to overcome his dyslexia and he continues to work at it. He doesn't want to be in special education classes any longer. He just wants to be treated with the respect that he deserves and has earned. I am and will always be proud of him no matter what he amounts to. It's my job as his mother and I will continue this job until I take my last dying breath.

HUGS
Barb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:18 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Topics: 1
Sorry to hear about what happened, Barb. Kinda makes having to post what I have to post selfish of me to do, but I gotta do it, otherwise I'm not gonna feel good about myself.

Basically, for the past two months, I've gotten up at five am every morning (yes, that includes the weekends, too) in order to head to the school and use their computers. You may ask why I am doing this. Well, boys and girls, the answer is very simple.

My parents have turned me into an emotionally unstable, paranoid basket case.

Our desktop died last year, and seeing as how I'm the only one who uses it for any large majority of time, they have seen fit to blame me for it (even though my brother, up until he got his own system, used it just as much and for a lot of things that were more harmful for it). I finally got to use of the laptops that we got, but that got screwed up, too (when I did a adscan that they themselves told me to do. And I should probably point out that it worked pretty damned fine before that.)

So basically, I got stuck having to use the computers at school, because they told me in no uncertain terms that if the one computer we have left in the house fucks up, I will be blamed for it and we will not be getting another one. I figured that if that's the way they wanted it to be, then fine. I had been doing that before I got to use the laptop, and I could pretty much be assured that they wouldn't screw up.

Unfortunately, life just doesn't seem to want me to be happy. Because I found out that starting next semester, I will be limited in the amount of printing that I'm able to do. So that means I have to start printing from home. (And I mean everything, from homework to fic updates to fic replies. I've been pretty much printing off as many fics as I can get away with the past two months.)

And to top it off, this weekend while doing my usual thing, I have somehow managed to misplace the ring that my girlfriend gave to me a couple of years ago. I had put it in my pocket when I went to the washroom so that I wouldn't get it all soapy. Unfortunately, I can't recall what the hell I did with it afterward, except for a very vague memory of having it at home. So frankly, it could be anywhere. I know it's not at either of the campuses I go to and I know it's nowhere in my room (though I am looking through it to be sure). I really don't want to think that it somehow got out of my pocket, because that means it could be anywhere.

So, to sum up, a year of trying to compensate for the inaction of other people has finally gotten around to screwing me over. I'm tired, I'm exhausted, and I'm pretty much sick of it. And what makes it even worse for me is the fact that I know for a goddamned fact that nothing is going to change and that no one seems to care. I'm gonna have to continue doing this because nobody seems to want to do anything about it. Oh, sure. When my brother has a very public outburst, my parents make a big show about it and say he should get some help. But when I, who am suffering in silence, do the same thing, I'm told to "grow up and act my age."

I've had enough. And I don't want to take it anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:32 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

oneyedchicklet wrote:
I've watched my son move mountains to overcome his dyslexia and he continues to work at it. He doesn't want to be in special education classes any longer. He just wants to be treated with the respect that he deserves and has earned. I am and will always be proud of him no matter what he amounts to. It's my job as his mother and I will continue this job until I take my last dying breath.

my sister isn't quite normal physically (cerebral palsy) but mentally she's perfectly fine, and i've seen her do stuff which she tries her darndest to do, so i completely understand how you feel. it's truly unbelievable how some people do not think that not-normal people, kids especially, don't have self-esteem, and that you can pierce their hearts just as you do someone fine, if not even more so because of their conditions.

i'm sure you've told kyle how proud you feel about him and as a stranger, it isn't my place to; but know that i as well support you 'cause, as Krazy Dreamer said, one "bad day" line can ruin a child's aspiration in life.

about the beating of children, i actually support that stand, provided it's not the men who do it for they have heavier strokes and can tend to be abusive. i think (sane) moms will never really violently beat their children, just warning slaps to the bum etc.

SithLordWiccan,

favoritism sucks. nothing much you can do about your situation, i guess, other than get a job and buy your own laptop?

"The I in Team"

Last edited by inlerf on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:04 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey Sith,

Sorry things are so hard for you right now. I'm sure the lack of sleep is not helping the situation any either. For what it's worth, I can totally relate to you. Growing up, my sister was shown all kinds of favoritism just because she was younger, liked to lie a lot, and knew exactly how to play my parents. It took me many years to figure that out, though, and it damages your self-esteem in ways you can't even fathom. Like you, I was blamed when anything would go wrong at home. I was even told in no uncertain terms that I would be to blame if my parents got divorced, which they eventually did. I mean it was really overkill.

I don't really like talking about my past much, but I will tell you this, things do get better. When you're in the middle of the situation, you can't see past the pain or find the door out, but it will open to you eventually, and once the dust clears, you'll be a stronger person for it. Small consolation now, I realize, but I just wanted to let you know that there is still a lot to look forward to.

As far as I'm concerned, the way things stand now, I get along great with both my mom and sister. Time and forgiveness have healed a lot of wounds. I haven't seen my dad in close to four years. He's kind of like Sasquatch now. Every once in a while he is sighted and somebody tells me about it, but otherwise he lays pretty low.

Oh, one more thing, have you thought about maybe getting a job so you could buy your own computer? Just a thought.

Well,keep your chin up, and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:39 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
Please stay on topic and only post rants.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:24 pm 
2. Floating Rose

aaaggggrrrrhhhh. stupid coworker ditched her responsibilities. she said shed be there, we talked about it the same day and she didnt show up. what is the matter with her????

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:34 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

xita wrote:
Please stay on topic and only post rants.
So no responding to others rants, correct? Just want some clarification.

Last edited by SySnootles on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:29 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

everything was going fine a few days ago then everything change saturday... it hasnt even been 3whole days but it feels like forever.. and i mean what am i going to do.. i dont have family to turn to.. the only people who are physical here for me are my friens which im living with them.. my dad slpits town and cars me all the time to make sure im ok.. but my mom its all about her her her her her and i cant take it.. she has to call me last night and make things worse an try and make me hate my dad hell no i will never hate my dad he had to leave her.. but im tstuck in the same town with her and she wants me to quit my job and become homeless or move to lA with her noooo i love my job and i love being with my friends but im freakin out.. cause i have no home, my mom is trying to steal my money i made and sshe doesnt think its hard for me.. damnit how can everything go sooo bad just like that

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:10 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I am so pissed off right now. My flatmate is a total pack rat, lives in a f***ing sty, seriously I don't know how he survives. I was getting some DVDs in his room, and slipped on a cable that was strewn around on the floor, and pretty much impaled my foot on a plug. Luckily it wasnt too deep, and, apart from the pain, it should be ok, though I don't know if I'll be able to work tomorrow. So as soon as he gets home Im having it out with him, Im sick of being the only one of 4 people who bothers to do chores and stuff, and I'm sick of the hazards just lying around waiting to kill someone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:03 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

let me just preface my rant by saying that i love and adore my cats, i honestly do.

however, i am so #&!*ing peeved by their mere existence right now that i could scream. it's not really the cats, its the situation. see, i had my whole escape to california planned and was executing said plan nicely... i resigned from my job, registered with the temp agency near my mom's house, found a subletter for my apartment, and was inches from booking my flight when i found that i wouldn't be able to check my cats on the plane because of the expected ground temperatures at the points along my intinerary in early september. i can't carry the cats in the cabin with me because you can only take one animal per passenger and being big single gal, there's only me traveling. i'd drive but 1) my car would probably break down and i'd end up dead in a ditch, and 2) renting a car and putting gas in it would cost me almost $1000 dollars which is twice my budget. my options then become ridiculously limited: either someone flies out with me and carries one of the boys on, or someone drives with me and splits the costs. who's going to want to do either?? arrrghhh!! i love my cats and i desperately want to take them home with me (all of my friends have cats so leaving them here isn't an option anyway) but this is driving me nuts. i was so close to making a clean break and i should have known that it was looking too good to be true.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:13 pm 
8. Vixen

I get that my uncle has my gran's best interests at heart but she has to make the decision if she wants help, he can not just deciede. There are more of us involved in the process. Ok so she is his Mum but we all still care for her. Mum lives 4 miles away, he lives 100 miles away, she is better placed to go over and help at short notice. Why won't he listen the more he pesters about her need ing help the less she will accept.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:33 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

fucking...grahg! i wanna do my notes; i need music to keep me seated to do them. but i don't wanna be encumbered and it feels uncomfortable to wear clipons, so, 'course, speakers. it's my room, i wanna blast the speakers, i wanna feel the bass pounding, but my cousin gets back and she wants me to turn it down. fine. and again she tells me. .... it isn't like i want to do my notes--i need all the conditions right! and i hate being restricted. "i can actually hear the bass through the wall. i need to work tonight," she came in and said in that pissed off i'm-just-trying-to-tolerate-you tone. sheesh, then go sleep at your fucking boyfriend's house! you're practically living together already!

EDIT: hah, she fucking came in a fourth time. told her how i felt, she slammed her door. fine. i kept the volume the same, went out. just outside my door yes, i can hear it. i went into her room, shut the door, stood there listening. NOTHING.

i told her, "ok, can hear anything? earphone's plugged. ANYTHING?"

"NO."

"GOOD."

i went out and into my room. the same song she "heard" through the wall in her room, same song i heard outside my room but not in hers, was still playing at the same volume via speakers. i lied about the earphone. CONCLUSION?

EDIT 2: five minutes past me back in my room, she texted, "You've gone back to speaker. Fuck it. I'll talk to [bf] about moving out together."

i am so amused.

i replied, "Wow. Because I actually off-ed the music ENTIRELY."

which was true. i did, partly out of frustration partly out of guilt, 2-3 minutes or so? before her msg.

"The I in Team"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:08 pm 
8. Vixen

Not quiet a rant but I'm not sure where it fits. Didn't there sed to be a copmuter help thread?

I don't think my computer and I are a good combination. I haven't spilt a drink on it for a long time. I was only trying to convert my WMA files to mp3. Now the cd drive wont work. They may not be related but hmm it worked before then. I've tried all the ususal tricks but no joy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:49 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
My sister-in-law drives me really crazy. When we showed up here and were hanging out before dinner, we said that Asher now sits in a "big boy chair" (most people at that point, go "wow, a Big Boy Chair!" or something to that effect.) she was all like, "do you think that's a good idea?" Now I tried to give her benefit of the non-supportive doubt and I'm like, "really why not?" because maybe she was worried that he would fall and hurt himself. No. She was all like, well what about my table? WTF? What does she think he can/will do to her table? The difference between being in a chair and a high chair is negligible in terms of ability to hurt A TABLE. So she's like, well, if he starts banging on it with a fork or scratching it? He doesn't even pick up utensils! He doesn't care! Plus which he speaks English very well and will stop doing something if you ask him. So R's mother is like "well, the other kids had a high chair thing that hung off the edge of the table and it scratched it." Again, WTF? We don't have a hangy off the edge thing so that's not an issue and he wouldn't fit in it if we did. Then today at lunch they're talking about his moving to the other end of the table and R's sister is all concerned about what if Asher breaks a window or scratches the wall with a spoon. He NEVER hits stuff with spoons. He never breaks windows. He's fully mobile and hasn't done any of that stuff yet so why would he start?

Ok, she's a general A-hole but this is what is making me crazy right now. I can't wait to go home.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:16 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Wow, I was the last person to post a rant? I must seem very ranty. At least that was like a month ago. Again this will be about my wife's family:

So today we're hanging out at the house and there's a knock at the door. It was a sherriff believe it or not looking for R because a guy in Ft. Worth says he found a $1000 savings bond with her name on it. Here's his phone number, probably not a scam since he called the sherrif to find her. Now her parents had a house in Dallas that they left vacant (with all their possessions in it) for 10 years while they moved somewhere else and just never got around to cleaning it out or selling. After a while, squatters moved in, robbed the place, and hung out. Her parents were shocked about it and really mad and all that. Finally they sold the house. But of course her dad is convinced that they didn't get their stuff back because the detective was a woman??? Anyway, that's besides the point and I pretty much think that if you leave a house for 10 years and someone finally robs you you got lucky for about 9 years. Again, beside the point.

So R and I both say, "hmmm. Must have been stolen from the house." R tries the # and it's busy so she calls her dad. He goes, "Yep. That's my savings bond. The company I was working for gave it to us when you were born." Uh guess what guy? If they gave a savings bond in her name when she was born, it's hers! Not yours! Besides that he wants the guys name etc. so that he can send the police over there. Which I think will teach this poor schlub to not help people any more. So Rachel calls him: he's a garbage man who found the bond in a recycle box. He hopes there's a reward (which there damn well should be because he could have used it for kindling). But instead my wife gives all the information to her dad so he can get back the bond and have the guy arrested.

1. The guy was doing something generally good and is going to end up in trouble.
2. It's R's bond! Not her dad's.
3. The bond is 35 years old. It has stopped earning any more interest and the longer you don't cash it, the stupider an investment it is.

Arggghhh!
Thanks for listening.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:26 pm 
2. Floating Rose

My little rant for the day...

I live in a small town. Said town has only wells for water, for the time being. We are in the process of getting water from a nearby town, but that hasn't been turned on yet.

Anyway.

I changed the filter on the incoming pipe yesterday. I had a crappy day at work anyways and then filter change didn't go smoothly.

Now...today that blanky-blank filter needed changed again. I hate (and I know that's a strong word) this stinky, gross, undrinkable water.

End rant.
By the way, margaritas make almost anything better.

FSB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:45 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

It's completely ridiculous that I'm terming this a rant, as I am basically whining about my good fortune. Feel free to resent this, but I'm going to continue whining now.

So I'm looking for property to farm next season. I've just completed two seasons of apprenticing at a great little urban vegetable farm, but there is, for a number of reasons, no room for advancement so to speak. Glorified stoop labor is the best there is to be gotten there. Love the place, but gotta get my own space.

I'm also, at age 31, living with my mother. Who has been nothing but generous and considerate about allowing me to move in with her. But again, gotta get my own space.

So here's the ridiculous rant: Two different established farms in the area like the idea of me farming on their land, but they vastly prefer the idea of me working with them and splitting the profits. An updated sharecropping arrangement of sorts. I take this as high praise, and am very aware that either one could potentially lead to me (several years from now) having equity or even ownership of these farms. This is huge. Really f-ing huge. I don't have a great deal of money for a down payment on land, so finding an access point in to an established farm and land is amazing.

The thing is, I'm so stuck on having my own space that I'm having difficulty appreciating the wonder of these offers, and instead keep visualizing how infuriating another year spent with someone peering over my shoulder as I work within their system would be.

So basically I'm ranting against my own stubbor idiocy. I need to get over this ridiculous need to re-invent the goddamned wheel and grab at what amounts to a good business opportunity.

But I still (stomp) want (whine) my (growl) own (stomp) place.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... stupid Boschi.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:39 am 
3. Flaming O

Today is craptastic, I feel like shit..This has been bothering me for a long time..

Sometimes its nice to have friends who AREN'T drug addicts or liars...or fake. And most of my friends I've had since I was 12 or 13, which is when I fell into doing drugs and drinking....and now that I've gotten smarter and gotten it out of my system, I see how negatively they affect my life....so now I don't really have anyone. I have my amazing girlfriend, but between us we have no one else to hang out with, talk to, etc etc, all of her friends are in Indiana and don't call her anymore and all of mine are kind of annoyed at me because I don't want to sit around and get trashed all night. I can't trust any of them and its a very lonely feeling...Its like I'm back to square one, when I was in 6th, 7th, 8th grade getting beat up every day cuz I was the weird kid going home crying every day...then I got over it and started doing coke, I was addicted at 15, and I cleaned myself up and quit snorting on my own because I was failing three classes in school and I had always been an A student...my parents didn't wanna hear it because my sister is an ex-crackhead and they thought, no not our innocent little Emily she must just want our attention...

So I quit coke, by myself, at the age of 15, but then to fill that space I started smoking pot every day, popping pills on the weekends, getting drunk regularly....but I had fun between my 15th and 18th years. I did well in school, graduated at 17 with honors, still smoking pot and drinking all the time.

At 18 my life fell apart. My friend Kayla was killed on June 19 2005 by a hit and run driver. That hit everyone hard, its like realizing your mortality (and that of your friends) for the first time. But the real kicker was on July 6, 2005. My best friend Pierce was murdered in a street fight and its never been the same since.

That summer was really rough, everyone in my crowd seemed to get closer but I distanced myself because I had a full-time job and I had to keep myself going with that and slowly I stopped hanging around with the people that I loved so much, that helped me get through my teenage years (even if it was with a joint and a bottle). I started drinking every night and by September I couldn't hold any food down anymore. turned out I have an ulcer. From drinking.

So I'm better now. But I have no friends anymore, besides my girlfriend. I lvoe her so much but everyone needs a good friend to go to when they have a fight with their significant other, or when you need a break from each other, or when you both want to have a good time. And this goes back to the very first thing I said: Its really good to have friends that aren't drug addicts or liars....and the people I know, they are either drug addicts or liars...and when I say drug addicts I mean hardcore pillheads, all they care about is where their next pill is coming from and how they're going to pay for it. I can't be around that. No one I know shares similar interests with Christie (my girlfriend) and I, and it just sucks.

So that's my rant. Its stupid but it feels better to type it out. Its been really tearing me up for awhile so I kind of got it off my chest, at least a little bit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:17 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

It makes me really angry the things some people will say to their kids.

At work the other night, this one lady's little boy was quite upset about something (probably because he couldn't get a toy or whatever) and was throwing a bit of a tantrum (which isn't pleasant, but come on, it happens.. and is not the end of the world..besides I'd be a little emotional too, if I had a mother like his) anyway, she was carrying him through the store and when they got to the line of people at the register he was kicking his feet a little and the mother said to him: "If you kick that woman, (speaking about the lady in front of them) she's going to kick you back." WTF??! First of all, you don't threaten violence against your own child, or any child at all, and secondly, you don't force an innocent party into the mix by volunteering her for the job! Some parents are F*CKING assholes! [/rant]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:49 am 
9. Gay Now

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost it! And to think that I've been writing it for almost an hour now!!!!!!!!

"I think you are such a sweetheart even though you got that twisted mind that is almost sadistic." - A friend, after reading REAL LOVE

Last edited by ambercissism on Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:25 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Ok, I'm going to rant about my wife. My wife who I love very much. Seriously, very much. But... My wife is a very good mother. Really. Very good. Spectacular.

But she's not a very good housewife. She's a stay-at-home mom and I'm not saying that's easy. She is with our son >= 8 hours a day (during the week) while I work and that's certainly work. And she works one evening a week as well as mornings from home. It used to be that she was working about 4 hours a day from home but lately it's more like 8 hours a week or less. My problem is that she doesn't really get much done or seem to care that she doesn't. Trust me, I'm not saying that I want her to do 100% of the chores. But I believe that I easily do at least 75% and I work full-time out of the house. Nearly every day when I come home, the dishwasher is full and needs emptied (she doesn't like to do it) or it wasn't run because she forgot and I need to run it and then empty it. Since the dishwasher was full, there will be plates and pots and pans stacked in both sinks and on the counters. If she does laundry, she basically puts it in the washer and dryer but rarely folds and puts it away. She doesn't like to go to the grocery store and doesn't do the bathrooms because 1. she doesn't want to use chemicals and 2. she can't do it while watching our son (I've done it while watching him before so it's possible). A few months ago she totally lost it on me telling me how she always cleans the kitchen before I come home so that I will come home to a spotless kitchen and that the # of times that hasn't been true has been <10 since our son was born. It was part of her hypothesis that I don't appreciate all the work she does. I would say that I come home to a mess in the kitchen 3-4 days a week. (you do the math if our son just turned 3).

This week we had 2.5 snow/ice days when we were all housebound. We started to run low on groceries. Then thursday I went back to work. I asked if they were going to go to the grocery store? Maybe... No they did not. Friday? No they did not. How in the hell can you have two days with no obligations and not go to the grocery store ever?

Today she's at a conference so I've folded and put away the laundry she started, emptied the dishwasher and cleaned the kitchen, taken Ash to play at the jumpy place, taken him with to the mall to buy the new underwear that we both needed (she and I, not he and I), met her for lunch, taken him to the grocery store and put away groceries.

Arggghhhhh!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:08 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Grrrr...I hate how immaturity can sometimes be an asset when you're just surrounded by immature people. It's one of my pet peeves, seeing other people whine about and be stupid about things and somehow benefit from it. It just goes to show how screwed up society is when the people who don't deserve good things somehow get them while other people, who work DAMN hard for the respect, friendships, and material things that they own get flack for being to serious or what not. Why is it that immaturity always runs rampant?

And then moving on to pride. I mean, I suffer from this as well, but can't people just admit they're wrong instead of going through elaborate excuses to somehow make sure that they come out on top. It's not like people are trying to bring you down all the time - and to those people, how the hell do you get pleasure out of seeing somebody else struggle? - it's okay to make mistakes.

There's so much more I could go on about but I just needed to get this out. I've been living a very angry life for the past few weeks because of these pent up feelings.

diamondforever's fanfiction archive

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:47 pm 
3. Flaming O

fuck you. fuck how you treat me. fuck you if your sorry. fuck you if you think it is my problem.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next