The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Creation Myth
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:29 pm 
3. Flaming O

[center]Image[/center]

Title: Creation Myth

Author: TuesBlu

Feedback: Please. Yah, I can take it… don’t pummel me too hard. This is my first real attempt at fan fic or writing in general. Please let me know if I should continue or seek an exorcism for whatever entity has taken over my body as of late.

Distribution: Only with permission, thanks.

Spoilers: Willow and Tara meet in Hush just as in BTVS, sticks with the canon up until The I in Team, story changes from there with borrowed and altered scenes and references to the series.

Rating: PG13 – NC17 (maybe)

Pairing: W/T

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the original BTVS/Angel characters or references all belong to Mr. Whedon, ME, & others I do not know. I’m just a borrowing them, this original little ditty and any new peoples are mine.

Summary: Willow and Tara meet at a Wiccan meeting. They are involved platonically… until an accidental spell changes everything. Things get complicated from there.

Notes: Thoughts in italics.

Warnings: Be prepared - topical ointment, band-aids, and cold compresses recommended. All to be remedied... eventually.

Chapter One – Dizziness

- March -

She had told her a week ago and Willow didn’t believe her. No I don’t, it’s impossible, isn’t it? But there couldn’t really be any other explanation, could there? Her friend’s face was deadly serious when she told her. And Willow knew the she wasn’t the type of person who would lie or play cruel jokes. Willow balked at her though, the very idea punctuated by hard words. Since then they had been conveniently avoiding each other. Willow needed time to think… it was enough to make anyone’s head spin, especially hers.

It was so much simpler just a few months ago. Well simpler, but not. Still moping about Oz leaving, missing him so much. Gloomy and all alone, Buffy had Riley, Xander and Anya. And little ole me, with no one….

Willow thought to herself as she walked absently down the college corridors heading towards the library. She needed a quiet place to think, her mind was set to percolate.

Boy, oh boy, that was so much simpler! When was that mid-December? We had just met, a bunch of Blessed-Wanna-Be’s, the Gentlemen, and a soda machine. That’s how we met. When we touched hands, I mean wow!

She paused and smiled. That was the good part, well one of the good parts. She pulled out a chair and sat down at one of the side tables by a window making sure to spread out her books, bag, notebooks, and pens over the tabletop. It was a calculated move to commandeer the entire table, so she could be alone. She stared out the window aimlessly leaning an elbow on the table with her chin resting in her palm and holding a pen in her free hand.

Christmas break came and went, then January, just like that. Willow lifted her chin from her palm and vacantly snapped her fingers before resuming the same position.

Well, between Slayerette duties… you know, an earthquake, going to the worse party ever, because… hello, discovering a dead body… then neutered Spike, and Riley’s G. I. Joe Initiative thing. Oh, oh… let’s not forget the whole Ethan turning Giles into a Fyarl demon. Hellmouth basics.

She frowned just then trying to figure things out: categorize, departmentalize, organize. She slumped backward into the uncomfortable wooden chair letting her head fall back so that the crook of her neck rested hard on the stiff chair back. The ceiling seemed to hold a particular fascination at this moment as she focused on a minuscule dot above her.

The synchronicity spell. That was exciting wasn’t it? Floating rose, but what was I thinking? Leading her on a bit maybe, not on purpose. But a rose? Too romantic, couldn’t I have picked some other flower? Maybe I did do it on purpose? What does that mean? The gang’s not really hanging out anymore and me all lonely broody girl. Then I get my very own friend to hang out with. It’s nice and comfortable, chummy. And… and it’s great! Better than great. I have, or had, a new friend, not just any friend, but someone that I could do magick with, a real witch. Someone of my very own, away from the gang.

Willow sighed out loud and slumped further down dropping her arms heavily over the sides of the chair until they hung low to the floor. She pushed her legs far under the table spreading them apart slightly and curling her toes upward.

And, then the infamous day. The Doll’s Eye crystal day, she offered me her heirloom. I was all polite and said ‘no’, we could use it together… well we certainly did. Bronzing it with the gang, lame, everyone brought a date on what was suppose to be a Scooby Corps night. Correction, Xander brought a date, Buffy brought the Initiative. Why didn’t I just go home after the Bronze to my own lonely little life? But I didn’t want to, I wanted to go see her. I never feel lonely when I’m with her, so why am I freaking out now? BECAUSE?

She sat up straight with an intense concentrated look on her face. Moments later her face crumbled and she unceremoniously planted her face into the open book in front of her. The lines of text blurring and blendng into unrecognizable lines and shapes like the thoughts in her own mind.

That night… that night I did take the crystal. Why did we try that spell? Answer, because I suggested it. Well we can definitely say the crystal works… works too well. It should come with a disclaimer. But… but maybe it wasn’t the spell. She wouldn’t lie? I mean she was all helper-girl especially with evil skanky Faith in Buffy. And the Ayala spell. I trusted her to keep me grounded and safe. And she did. Catch a clue brainiac, that’s the day she said she was ‘yours’, the day you purposefully hid her from all your friends.

Turning her head so that her cheek could rest on the book Willow looked out the window again. Irony really is ironic.

Willow once again played back the night in question, she hit the rewind button in her addled mind….

- February (Past) -

The Bronze was a definite bust. It wasn’t too late and she said ‘anytime’. Why the frilly-heck not! Willow strode across campus patting the folded piece of paper in her pocket. So she found herself standing in front of a door knocking.

Please be home, please be home.

Opening the door a blondish blue-eyed woman looked at her surprised. Tara.

“Willow?”

Feeling silly and sheepish Willow babbled. “A funny thing happened with my prior social engagement. Pretty much ended when a friend of mine went off to do something with another crowd she hangs out with. Irony is kind of ironic that way.” She paused hopeful. “Anyway, I know it's late, but I-I thought maybe-- I mean, if you still wanted to . . . do something?”

Tara just beamed at her in a really sweet and kind of goofy way. Then opened the door wide to let her inside and she scooted sideways through the threshold. Tara closed the door.

It was such a great room, Willow could hardly guess it was a dorm room. A single no less. But it was all Tara: the wall hangings, prints, the lush pillows, the throw rug covering the institutional carpet, the covered futon that folded into a sofa, small statues, incense burners, candles, the funky lamps, and the fairy lights strung around the room. Every inch exuded atmosphere and echoed Tara. Willow took a deep breath. Her room always smelled good too, a combination of incense, candles, and Tara. Willow couldn’t distinguish what exactly that was, but it was her. And, admit it or not, Willow felt very safe and comfortable here.

“You smell good, or, er not that you smell bad…. Stop me please.” Willow nervously blathered.

“Thanks, just a little amber oil.” Tara blushed slightly. “So w, w... what do you want to do?”

“Uh, why don’t we try out that Doll’s Eye Crystal?” Willow asked enthusiastically.

“Ok, anything in mind?” Tara queried.

“Well, I’ve been kind of depressed, you know Oz and all.”

“Yeah, Oz, I u-u-understand.” Tara sighed heavily.

“Maybe a little spell to kind to help purge me of my depression. Oh, how about the Eight Points of Inanna? I kind of read a bit about her. She’s kind of a maiden goddess, helper to grief-stricken young women. Well technically ‘widows’, but I think I kind of qualify. I’m sorry, I’m being all selfish again, huh?”

“No, it’s ok. I understand, I want to help. So what do we do?”

“Great!” Willow excitedly wiggled in place causing the other woman to giggle, she loved hearing that laugh. “So here.” She handed Tara a folded piece of paper. Normally Willow would have outlined and color-coordinated everything, but when it came to magick she sometimes threw caution to the wind, besides she was in a hurry. She stopped off briefly at her and Buffy’s room flipped through the borrowed tome courtesy of a very grumpy Giles, made a few notes, and quickly jaunted over to Tara’s.

And the ritual went off perfectly, it was spiraling intense and Willow felt something lift off of her. She and Tara had passed out and in waking she felt stripped and bare, it felt good. Now that was an amazing ritual….

- March (Present) -

Amazing… an amazing mistake! I need to read the ritual text again, the whole thing. Snapped out of reverie Willow hurriedly gathered up her belongings shoving them roughly into her bag with her destination in mind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What was I thinking, I shouldn’t have told her, not like that anyway. It’s been one week and nothing, except for avoidance. I blew it, lost my only real friend. I had a true friend for a couple of months. I thought it might be more, that’s my punishment. Who would want me?

Tara sat on her bed close to tears, her eyes drifting over the expanse of her well-ordained room. Despite all the warmth and layers she had blanketed throughout her little den she felt cold and empty, sick and tired.

Get it together, things are very different right now and you have to pull it together. You don’t… do not want to go home, not like this… well you don’t want to go home at all. There’s got to be a way with or without help. I’ll figure this out.

A new determined look crossed her face, before she resolutely crumbled into a teary heap. One last breakdown couldn’t hurt though, she was feeling extra emotional. She cried and sniffled curling into a small ball and cradling a pillow.

It had to be the spell, what else could it be? I should have known better, Mama taught me better than this, but I let myself get carried away… I got distracted by a pair of green eyes. A pair of beautiful emerald eyes, silky auburn hair, lithe figure, amazing intellect, immense magick ability, sweet smile, quirky personality, who am I kidding? What hasn’t she got, oh yeah, the gay thing. She doesn’t have that. I fell for a straight girl. Now more than ever, I need to keep my wits about me. Concentrate, the spell, it’s the only logical explanation.

Tara hugged the pillow tighter and thought back on that night….

- February (Past) -

She was embarrassed and ashamed offering such a precious gift, her grandma’s Doll’s Eye crystal, only to be turned down. But she said they could use it together? Followed up by a rejection to Tara’s offer to try it out that same night, she had other plans, better plans. So Tara scampered off like a little timid mouse.

After this morning she has content to be home with a good book and a warm cup of tea. Qawwali music played in the background one of her more esoteric CDs. She just had a nice long hot shower to wash away the icky feelings of this morning’s brush-off. A dot or two of amber oil on her chest and throat for a little extra self-pampering. Not that anyone would be smelling her there, but it made her feel good. She had dried her hair put on a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt for another night in by herself. Flipping to the dog-eared page in her book she read aimlessly. The words did not soak in, she reread them again and still they could permeate through the russet colored fog in her brain. Normally she was a voracious reader, but since meeting the redhead she’d fallen behind. Her book lay abandoned for spell and occult books that held more interest at the moment if it meant more time with her new friend. And, they were friends, weren’t they… who was she kidding she wanted to be more than friends! Except the girl was straight, she complained often about her ex-boyfriend. What an idiot he was to let her go. That worked out for her though, it meant they spent time together. And they were becoming quite close, but the redhead had other friends as well.

Tara sighed. It was nice having at least one good friend, if that’s all she could be.

- Knock, knock, knock. -

Hmmm? Who? No, it couldn’t be… she’s with her friends, but I don’t really know anyone else?

Opening the door just a little Tara was surprised to find the woman currently occupying her mind standing right in front of her. Tara smiled a little too much, happily surprised to find the cute woman in the flesh nervously babbling and obviously wanting to come in. "Willow?"

After a brief moment at the door and a silly explanation Willow was in her room. Tara chose to not to read too much into any of the redhead's rushed compliments, just being sweet and friendly. Then Willow handed Tara a slip of paper with a spell outlined on it in brief and Tara couldn’t help but giggle at her exuberance. It was a spell to hopefully cure some of Willow’s Oz-induced woes. Oz again. If only Tara could help cure those woes without the magicks.

Tara read over the paper, it looked simple enough, but tiniest of alarms went off in her head as she read it. Something?

“So this is it? It doesn’t look too complicated.” Tara turned the paper over just in case she missed some details. Nope, blank.

“Yup, it’s pretty easy. Not that we’re not skilled mind you! So?” Willow asked with big puppy dog eyes.

“Ok. I have everything we need.”

They sat on the floor cross-legged and opposite each other, hands resting on their knees, palms up with the Doll’s Eye crystal between them. A casting circle was drawn around them and four candles lit East, South, West, and North. Tara held a handful of ritual sand in her right hand, the left was empty but cupped. She was mirrored by the woman before her. Tara watched her partner intently while reaching over and carefully pouring the sand into Willow’s empty hand as the redhead mimicked her exact timing and movements. Then with the sand just handed to each other they begin to draw a mapped out eight point star around the Doll’s Eye crystal while chanting continuously. “Inanna the maiden, bless and cradle. Keep us open, our wishes able.” When the sand star was finished they join hands, still chanting. “Inanna the maiden, bless and cradle. Keep us open, our wishes able.”

Tara felt the room heat up as soon as their hands meet. Their chanting took on a cadence of its own, melding with the music that was still playing in the background. Her eyes dilated, so did Willow’s. They were fixed on each other. Their hands felt fused, hot, and steaming but neither let go. As they chanted in unison the star began to glow and pulse in a primal rhythm that echoed their racing heartbeats. Tara was sweltering, her eyesight went fuzzy. Suddenly the star flashed bright sending a ripple through Tara that filled her, she felt euphoric and then she blacked out. When she awoke she felt flushed, Willow was on top of her. One of the redhead’s legs inadvertently pushed between her own, her thigh intimately molded against her center. Tara guiltily and quickly extracted herself to prevent the awkward moment when Willow would eventually wake up.

-----

- March (Present) -

Tara flushed at the memory and she gulped. That was definitely the moment. She thought still laying in a fetal position reliving the night in question. The night of conception. She rolled her eyes getting up to go to her fridge for a glass of milk, her first hankering. But, she sat down just as fast grabbing the trash bucket nearby when her stomach became a pendulum and the floor beneath her feet began to oscillate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: My heart's hammering as I hit the 'submit' button. Here goes nothing....

Last edited by Tues on Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:13 am, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Creation Myth - new fic
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:59 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Topics: 2
okay, i never, NEVER reply to fic, even if I love it. I've been around for almost 3 years, and have only replyed to 2 or 3 fics, I'm more of a drifter, if you will. HOWEVER! This is just great. please, please continue!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:01 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

i liked it! definatly interesting start to an indeed lovely story. im not one for long and detailed fb so please update soon! thanks for posting too! :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:15 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

oh my gosh! that was just beautiful! wow! you've really got talent there! please continue... this is such a promising start! you just got me hooked! can't wait to find out more! really interesting especially with tara's statement of:
Quote:
The night of conception.

i'm definitely going to be following this story... thank you for taking the courage and hitting the 'submit' button... a new fic to start the new year for me... and no need to get nervous or anything, the start so far has already piqued the interest of several people and i'm sure more will follow suit.

have a happy new year and i hope to see an update soon!

again, thank you for sharing this story with us...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:03 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

What was I thinking, I shouldn’t have told her, not like that anyway. It’s been one week and nothing, except for avoidance. I blew it, lost my only real friend. I had a true friend for a couple of months. I thought it might be more, that’s my punishment. Who would want me?[blockquote]

Hello!!! I want her!! Haha! Ill definitly be her friend.. mmk neways.. this fic is awesome and you should totally continue cuz i said so!! .. haha jk uhm but u should cuz i like it and its a great start and i wanna know what happens between willow and tara.. and i like the angstyness :)

Please Continue!!
Happy New Years!!!...EVE

Erin[/blockquote]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:31 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Wow, this is really good. I love all the internal dialogue. To be honest, at first I thought it was a little jumpy, with the switching back and forth from past to present, but then I realized that that only added to the unique quality of your writing. I think your Willow and Tara are very believable. I would definitely like to see more. *cutely* please?

I'll be following this story. :-D

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:02 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

great start, i like it keep it up :clap :applause :bounce

writerfreak :flower

Soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:43 am 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

I love this so far :x .love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong and those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler. [Evan Rachel Wood]

Credit for icon: lj user crazedxinsanity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:13 am 
2. Floating Rose

Keep going on this fic it's great.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:39 pm 
3. Flaming O

Ho my god wow.i love it.
It's an amazing start and you got my attention here.
Quote:
The night of conception

i can't wait to read more please update soon.

It only take a minute to see that someone is special an hour to appreciate and a day to love that person. But it take forever to forget.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:44 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

i'm echoing the "wows" and raising you a "good lord!" one little spell and tara's all nice and knocked up?? that willow's got some mojo!! i'm so excited to see this magical conception have a totally different slant than other out there: there's a baby on the way and they're not even together yet! i really enjoy your writing and the internal dialogues you've got going on. our girls are definitely going to have some issues to work out (shot-gun wedding anyone?). i can't wait to see how you play it out.

looking forward to more - maybe soonish? :flirt

brandy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:02 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Recently my beta and I have been talking fic ideas where the girls aren't madly in love, that it would take time for their feelings for each other to grow. I like your premise, that they are friends, and would have stayed friends if it weren't for some unforeseen circumstances.

Quote:
categorize, departmentalize, organize

:lol about Willow. Yet she hacks the spell and
Quote:
when it came to magick she sometimes threw caution to the wind

Arrogance? Carelessless?

Willow moping about Oz, I think it's very realistic, and something we didn't see enough of.
Quote:
“Yeah, Oz, I u-u-understand.” Tara sighed heavily.

Poor, supportive Tara. Especially since she has fallen for her straight friend. Liked seeing how she tried to be brave, but her emotions got better of her.

Couple of small comments. The narrative, particularly some of the expositionary internal dialogue, felt a little jumpy. I'm not sure if it's purposefully done, after all the chapter title is Dizziness. Secondly the suspense seems to have been dragged out a tad too long. By the end of the chapter the readers have probably guessed that Tara was pregnant, but still the narrator seemed to be still trying to avoid addressing the issue. Small comments though because this fic is definitely worth continuing, I'll be following it.
[br]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:38 am 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

What a great start. I look forward to seeing how you resolve this. Poor Tara all alone again and at a difficult time when she really would need help to manage college. Can't wait to read what happens next.

Thank you for sharing :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:02 am 
17. Mega-Witches

Whoa, this is a great start. I was totally drawn in - I do like reading S4 meeting-and-getting-together fics, and this storyline is very engaging. I'm hooked - want to read more to figure out, is Tara pregnant with Willow's child, is Willow freaked out, did "conception" refer to something other than pregnancy, and how will the gals deal with this?

While I'm sometimes wary of pregnancy storylines, this is very intriguing since the girls aren't a couple, and in fact it seems to have freaked Willow out a bit. Very creative, and I'm looking forward to what's next!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:38 pm 
3. Flaming O

Wow... favorable reviews, awe-shucks. Thanks all!

Replies, but I promise to have part two up by the Jan. 5th, two days from now. I've given myself a deadline.

Sorry for being presumptuous and any fan fiction improprieties, but, I'm footloose and beta free! Yup, jumped into the deep end of the pool without the benefit of water wings and swimming lessons. I feel like I'm somewhere between treading water and a decent dog-paddle. So, I appreciate all of you that are patient enough venture forth with me. Dare I beg for a beta here? Yeah, I dare… any takers? (I asked on the Beta board too.)

--------------------------

AFMN, thanks for speaking up.

Quote:
I've been around for almost 3 years, and have only replyed to 2 or 3 fics, I'm more of a drifter, if you will.

That's funny I've been kind of a high-plains drifter of fan fic myself (cue Ennio Morricone music here). Again, I'm not quite sure what beastie has taken over my body as of late, but it seems inclined to tell a story.

LesbianJedi87 - No need for long fb, just happy you decided to chime in.

Tarebear - That ‘submit’ button is more than a bit intimidating, for the more seasoned fic writers she must be quite a demanding mistress. The 'preview' button is much more forgiving.

AlysonGoddess – You cheeky monkey! Stay tuned, I’ll definitely be plodding onward.

Writerfreak, sam, lottagay, & will – Thanks for the push forward, much needed & appreciated.

Kisstheviolets – I have a ‘good lord’ coming up in the next chapter. Soonish, definitely….

puff – College & pregnancy definitely a tough job. Although I have known a few very brave people who have managed it.

FINALLY to SallyMcFine, Emms, & Watson - I bow before you. “I’m not worthy, I’m not worthy.” I'm a big fan of each of your works and my apologies for not every saying so in the past. Again, I've mostly been a 'drifter'.

-

Emms & Watson - Regarding comments about ‘jumpy’ quality. Point well taken. Yes, the first part is meant to be a bit stilted. I wanted to start it off in an awkward kind of way, a reflection of where both girls are at the moment - separate but linked, together and apart.

-

Emms – As one of the most prolific writer’s on this board, I gotta ask. Is writing like crack? Because I’ve already got another fic started. Really, there’s something very wrong with me. I’ve gone from reading fics to writing them and I would never presume to be a writer. I usually leave the written word to those who really know how to use them, I’ve always been more visual person. Me like pictures to say things.

-

Watson – I’ve always been more into the actual story about meeting and falling in love. The journey and all that, it makes the endpoint a lot more satisfying. The “DF”, if you will, has always been more enticing to me, not that there’s anything wrong with the “F”. – wink -

Both characters fascinate me on a psychological level. Willow, so intelligent and yet, as you say, careless (not in an evil way though). I do think she’s arrogant, but it’s tempered by her good intentions. She was always this walking dichotomy for me. And Tara, so much more magickally learned than Willow, but always taking a backseat to everyone else. She started out in the series as a really intriguing knowledgeable witch (S4) then she kind of became an acquiescent sidekick (until S6). Part of that is both their personalities, but… well there’s always a but. Which is part of the reason fan fiction exists.

Oz… I always liked him.

-

SallyMcFine – I am usually kind of wary of pregnancy fics too. I hope this one holds your interest.

++++++++++++++++++

Ballyhoo & toodles for now.
TuesBlu-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:58 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hey there,
What a very good start you have here. I really like the way you laid out the tension in this update. You focus on Willow first, showing that something is definitely wrong and that she's upset with something Tara told her. My mind and I would assume most readers are thinking either "I'm gay" or "I'm a demon" but ... Then the focus on Tara places her emotions in perspective very well. The flashbacks are effective. Then the bomb at the end! Tara's preggers. Very well done.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:21 pm 
2. Floating Rose

This is really good! I can't wait to see where you go with this story.

I know there's a Hell, I work in retail.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:27 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
Me likey. Please continue.

Cheers
DW

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:13 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hi All! Ok, I'm just making my deadline thanks so much to my lovely new beta starcomed. All hail the beta!

Just a few more replies before the story.

------------------------------------------------------

JustSkipit & DarkWiccan - wow, two more of my favorite writers! I guess I'm doing ok. I'm a big fan, sorry I haven't piped up sooner. Very bad form on my part, I just feel like I can't top what other's have said before me. Plus lurking was fun.

Everyone's support make me feel like I may have just graduated from treading water to a very good dog-paddle.

---

JustSkipit

Thanks, that's exactly the feel I was going for.

Quote:
I really like the way you laid out the tension. You focus on Willow first... Then the focus on Tara places her emotions in perspective very well. The flashbacks are effective. Then the bomb at the end!

---

Maccoda - thanks for chiming in.

---

DarkWiccan - heck, funny thing, I credit you in one of my chapters! Well, you'll see...

---

Ok, ok... story next...

Last edited by Tues on Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:54 pm 
3. Flaming O

[center]Image[/center]

[center]For my beta starcomed, it might be my writing, but it's all the better because of you. Thanks.[/center]

Chapter Two – Emotional

Willow banged on the door demanding entry.

“Good lord Willow!” Giles opened the door quirking a curious and peeved eyebrow at her.

“Giles I need to look at that book I borrowed about a month ago. The one on Sumerian rituals.” Willow was in a panic.

“Well, yes of course. Please come in.” He shuffled aside assuming the worst. “Are we having some kind of Hellmouth disaster that I need to be informed of?”

“Umm, well… yes, it’s kind of a Hellmouth disaster, but not so much in a slayer-demon kind of way… more in a Willow kind of wunder-wacky-witch kind of way.” She was more than a little distressed. “Ok, okay I admit it, I read the ritual too quickly, but it wasn’t too complicated. I scribbled it down, well, mostly… but I was in a hurry. It was getting late and I didn’t want it to get so late, too late means vamp midnight snack and I don’t want to be a vamp-snack because then I wouldn’t be alive, I’d be dead alive. I mean who wants to be dead alive, not me, I say….” And I wouldn’t get to see her again.

Giles stared at Willow as she sputtered and gesticulated wildly around his apartment. Finally he took her in hand. He gently reached out to the girl-woman holding her by the shoulders with a fixed gaze and in an even voice he addressed her. “Willow, please calm down and tell me what’s going on and then we can work this out.”

Willow’s eyes widened finally registering Giles’ sincere expression of concern. She slumped her shoulders and dropped her chin to her chest in defeat before muttering. “I think I really screwed up. Really.”

Giles led her to the couch. “Sit, let me fix us a cup of tea, and you can tell me all about it.” He went into the kitchen.

‘Tea’ was his liquid band-aid for all disasters, big and small. Willow couldn’t help but let a small smile hint at the corners of her mouth in appreciation. He was like a stuffy British teddy bear sometimes, bristly and tweedy but sweet and comforting nonetheless.

He returned with a tray that had a pot of tea, two cups, sugar, cream, scones, butter, and jam. The volume in question was tucked under one arm. Putting the tray on the table he took a seat opposite Willow. “Eh-um.” He cleared his throat hoping to prompt her while taking the book and setting it next to the tray.

She looked up and sighed heavily as he poured her some tea adding a bit of sugar and cream, just as she liked it. Willow picked up her cup, took a sip, and then closed her eyes. She began explaining.

Listening attentively and patiently Giles waited while Willow recounted her story. He consciously made no remark or comment. It was evident that she was feeling incredibly fragile. When she was done he picked up the book and started scanning through it. Finding what he needed he read carefully. Once he finished, he pulled off his glasses off and covered one of his eyes with a hand. “Are you absolutely sure Willow? You preformed the Sacer Adfinitas Opimus and called on Inanna the goddess of warfare, love and sexuality, prosperity and… fertility?”

She watched his mannerisms like a scientist. Glasses off and covering eye – bad, that’s very bad. Willow could only glumly nod in the affirmative at his questions.

“Well, there are several chants here, each chant addresses different requests from the conjurer. Which one did you use?” Giles technically pointed out.

“Inanna the maiden, bless and cradle. Keep us open, our wishes able.” Willow rolled her eyes picking out key words and their dual meanings. She thought about her abridged notes and how she had merely skimmed the text. Anything with the word ‘wishes’, always evil.

“I see. Besides the actual ritual, the other details were in place? She was bathed and anointed? There was ceremonial music playing? And, eh-um, you laid together afterwards?” Giles went over the mystical checklist.

Pouting Willow muttered softly. “She had a shower before I got there and was wearing some amber oil. I think some traditional Persian or Indian music was playing in the background… and I spent the night.” Willow perked up in alarm. “Well, I mean I slept there, in her bed… as in sleep. No touching, no naughty touching!” Then she softened. “But yeah, I guess we technically ‘laid together’.” And inadvertently cuddled. “And, we used a Doll’s Eye crystal to focus our energy.”

“Really? And which way was it pointed?” Although the answer was obvious to the Englishman, he asked just to be sure.

“Towards Tara.” Willow wrinkled her brow, during the ritual she didn’t think about where the crystal was pointed. Her eyes went wide with comprehension. Ugh, thank goddess it wasn’t pointed at me… me pregnant? That would be worse… I think.

Giles shook his head side to side. “And she’s sure?” Ever the gentleman, he delicately inquired. “There isn’t a more common biological answer. She wasn’t seeing anyone?”

Willow nervously shifted in place. “Um, no Giles. No, not dating anyone… she’s uh, Tara’s gay, as in doesn’t play in Boystown.”

“Well, yes, I understand what ‘gay’ means. I wasn’t born in the Stone Age.” He stated dryly. Assessing her tortured expression he paused before continuing in a more compassionate tone. “Well, I’m afraid it’s more than credible, I believe it’s seems to be quite true.” Sincerely concerned he questioned her further. “What would you like to do Willow?”

Willow opened and closed her mouth several times, not quite knowing what to say. She needed confirmation that it was even achievable. And it was. It was beyond a mere possibility with all the combined factors it was undeniable. Finally she mumbled. “I guess… I guess it’s up to Tara. But whatever she decides I’ll support her. I mean, it was really my fault, so it’s my responsibility.”

Giles nodded sagely.

Saying it out loud sparked something in Willow. She thought about her absentee parents, how disappointed and angry it always made her. She thought about how Oz had just up and left her. She thought about how the Scoobies seemed to be always just missing each other and not hanging out like they used to. And here she was doing the same thing; abandoning, avoiding, and leaving Tara alone for the past week. Guilt engulfed her, she had deserted her friend after being the cause of this drama. And Tara had been there for her during her Oz-mopes; never asking for anything, just sweet and supportive. Plus, she was more than a big help in the Scooby witchy department. And worst of all, Willow wigged. Completely and totally wigged when Tara told her everything all at once.

“Willow did you hear me? Are you alright? Is there anything I can do to assist?” Giles stood up and placed a hand on her shoulder. He trained a heedful eye on the uncharacteristically mute woman before him.

“Ah, sorry lots going on up there.” Willow tapped her forehead. “I need to talk to her, I need to talk to her right now. I’ve been a bad friend all avoidy for the past week.” She wrinkled her brow.

“It’s understandable considering, but I agree, you should speak with her.”

Willow put her tea down; she was done thinking and talking. “Thanks Giles. I think… I think it’s time to be action girl. As in seeing Tara which would also entail thinking and talking, which isn’t really ‘actiony’, but I think you know what I mean.” She stood up with a determined look on her face and squared her shoulders. The cogs were turning and she had plans forming in her brain.

“Of course.” Giles knew the bright girl always had her heart in the right place. She wasn’t always cautious when it came to magick and that surprised him. She seemed so fastidious in almost every other way. Then again, he did comprehend in some ways, that they were a lot alike.

Grabbing her bag she made her way towards the door. “Giles, uh, no one knows about Tara, as in pregnant and gay, so um… you know.”

“Of course.”

She paused at the door and turned quickly to give him a hug. “Thanks Giles for everything.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- March -

It was tape loop in her head that she couldn’t help going over again hoping that each reenactment would shed more light, or offer her some form of solace. Still laying on her futon, Tara backtracked; recounting the night she told Willow… everything.

At the time she was physically feeling off, but she had the best person in the world keeping her company. Her breasts felt swollen, her tummy acidy, and she felt overly emotional. It was close to that special time of the month so it made sense. Still, suspicion got the best better of her, that itch again at the back of her head. She had always possessed a keen intuition, but she ignored it until….

- February (Past) -

Tara missed her period. She never missed her period. She dismissed the queasy feeling and constant hunger that seemed to occur at the same time. Her mouth felt coated and she seemed to always need to use the bathroom. It was just nerves so it would eventually come, just late.

But it never came and she didn’t have too much time to dwell on it. It was easy to overlook all the signs because of Faith’s arrival in Sunnydale. But that wasn’t the only reason, she was also so entranced and distracted by Willow. And really the idea seemed so ludicrous.

‘Ayala flows the river in me.’ The spell that confirmed the slayer body switch also triggered something in Tara, realigning her thought pattern and reawakening her intuition. Something was up with her… her body. After meeting Mr. Giles and Buffy, or this time Buffy in Faith, she left them and promptly went to a drug store. She walked home nervously with a pink and white box disguised in a small paper bag. It seemed utterly ridiculous and she almost laughed at herself. As soon as she entered the dorm and got to her floor she went into the bathroom. Three tests and twenty minutes later she was running out the dorm to the closest drug store. She purchased two more kits and promptly returned home. Six more tests and an hour later she was in her room crying. It was conclusive, she knew it; she felt it. There was only one way it could happen; that was obvious.

Oh Goddess, what am I going to do?

At that exact moment a familiar knock rapped on her door quickly followed by a friendly ‘hello’ and Willow walked into her room. Tara tried to regain her composure, but it was too late. Willow noticed and was already on her bed cradling her and rubbing her back in a friendly and concerned manner.

“Hey Tara, it’s ok. What’s wrong?” Willow’s voice rained concern and tenderness over her.

Tara could only shake her head against Willow’s shoulder.

“Come on, really, you can tell me anything.” Willow pulled back trying to get a peek at the woman’s face hidden behind a curtain of blond hair.

“Oh W-Willow. I…it’s b-bad.” She finally managed to get out.

She hadn’t heard Tara stutter like that in a while; her head was bowed down so low it made Willow’s heart break. Pulling away, she lifted her friend’s chin and tucked a stray lock behind her ear. Then took both hands in her own. “Whenever you’re ready, you can tell me.” Willow patiently waited.

Tara considered this. It was now or never and she was caught up in the emotional tide. “I… I’m p-p pregnant.” Tara muttered between tears. Her head was still bowed down, but she peered up just enough to observe her friend.

“What? I’m sorry, what? Oh my god! No wonder you’re all weepy? Wait a frilly minute? Did he run out on you… that dummy-head. Who’s the big booger? I’ll beat him up for you or I’ll get Buffy to do it. Here I am this whole time being all me, me, me with Oz and Scooby stuff and you have this thing… big thing going on.” Willow caught her breath.

She really does care, maybe she does understand. Maybe there’s some way to work this out? Tara quieted down.

“Seriously Tara, you tell me who the guy is and he’s toast! You just point daddy out.” Willow stated firmly.

Tara paused pondering her friend’s impassioned words. Then she slowly, very slowly pointed at Willow.

“Wha? Do I have something on me.” Willow looked at Tara in a befuddled manner then stared at his own chest looking for the imaginary stain of goobley-goo on her shirt.

“N-n no.” Tara took a deep breath. “Y-you… d-daddy.”

Willow cocked her head completely puzzled, until comprehension slowly sunk in. She dropped Tara’s hands in shock and moved away. “I am sorry, did you say I was the ‘daddy?’ because ‘hello’ girl here.” She laughed a little maniacally. “You know, basic plumbing problem down there, not to mention breasts. Well, I guess, guys technically have breasts too, or chests, so that’s a moot point. Ok, I’m getting a little off topic here.” She stopped to seriously assess Tara again.

Finally Tara really looked up wiping the tears from her eyes. She closed them briefly taking a deep breathe and letting it out slowly trying to calm down.

“Tara? Umm, elementary biology makes, uh, me being daddy impossible. Not to mention well we didn’t, um do anything… you know anything.” Willow paused before cautiously continuing. “It’s probably someone you’ve been dating, some boy. I mean, are you? Dating… some boy? Who is he? It’s ok, tell me who it is and we’ll go talk to him.”

Tara shook her head. “No b-boy. I….” She inhaled and exhaled. “I-I’m g-gay.” She let out a huge sigh. There I’ve told her everything, almost everything. One shock at a time, I’ll just leave the crush part out. In many ways she was relieved, but now she was completely vulnerable and that was even scarier.

“No. You dated some boy recently and now there’s this problem.” Willow’s voice became firm.

“Willow, I’m g-gay, I d-don’t date b-boys.” Tara nervously traced the pattern on her bedspread. “It… it was the s-spell, I-Inanna.” She hated her stutter now more than ever.

Ok, Tara’s gay. Why didn’t I know that before? The Inanna spell, no that’s impossible! That’s not why we used it. “Are you sure, I mean, none, no boy, not even one. It only takes one. Maybe you’re not pregnant, how can you be sure? The spell? No it can’t be.” Willow waved it off dismissively.

“No boy, z-zero boys. Missed p-period. I’m nine t-tests positively p-pregnant. And it’s got to be the s-spell.” Tara was feeling exhausted.

Panic and denial set in as a sinking feeling came over Willow. She got up, started pacing and gesturing with her hands. “Nine tests, are you sure? Ok, ok. Gay, you’re gay. Why didn’t I know that? The spell? Why the spell was fine, it was to repel my feelings of abandonment. I felt it lift off me.” Willow crinkled her brow. “And I felt the pulsing and heavy breathing… and… well this is the Hellmouth, it could be something else. Anything else!”

‘Anything else’? Granted this is weird, really weird. But, does she have a problem with me? Now? Now that she knows I’m gay. It was one of Tara’s worst fears. She heard the whispers in the hallways of high school; the way people sidestepped her in her hometown, the harsh names, the innuendo, the admonishment from her father, and the punishment at the hands of her brother. It made her feel awful and worthless. Old scars, old wounds. But this wasn’t high school or her hometown. She had left there for a better place; even it was on a Hellmouth. She started to get angry and that counteracted her stutter. She stood up and crossed her arms over her chest. “Do you have a problem with me being gay? ‘Cause I have been as long for as I can remember, so again, no boy or boys. I’ve only been with you… um, hanging out, that is. Yes, nine tests, all positive. And I’m sorry, but it was the spell. I can’t think of anything else it could be.”

“Ok, ha, ha, ha. Joke’s on me, that was funny Tara, really funny. But you’ve got me all freaked out now.” Willow was hoping it was a joke, but she had a feeling deep down that it wasn’t. She had never seen this side of Tara before all angry and deadly serious.

“Sorry, no joke. Trust me, it would be much easier if it was.” Tara said gravely.

Sense and reason left Willow just then, instantly replaced by an irrational agitation. “Well I think you should have told me you were gay! How did I know what would happen. I wouldn’t have done the spell if I had known that. No, two women cannot have a baby. I think you have it all wrong. Last time I checked, you can’t get pregnant holding hands. Spell-shmell, it couldn’t be the spell! I think I should go, ‘cause this isn’t funny.” Willow didn’t bother to look at Tara; she was already headed for the door.

“Fine. Go!” Tara yelled, as the door slammed shut. She looked around the room, angry and confused until the fury left her. Then she dropped her arms and head. She slowly went over to her futon and collapsed into it crying. Hormones and mood swings, great! Goddess help me.

- March -

That was the last time Tara spoke to Willow. A week or so had passed. They had avoided each other, and that was it. In that week Tara made a decision. She wanted the baby. Termination? She thought of it, the idea was a quick flash and gone. She believed everyone had a right to one, but she couldn’t. Someday she had hoped to be a mother, but she had always thought of adopting. There were so many children out there without parents. But, this was her chance to conceive with another woman, it was a rare gift. Plus, it was part Willow’s and that made it all the more important. Even if the redhead could never return her affection, she would always have a part of her with her. She had left home on her own, she could do this too. But she didn’t kid herself that it would be difficult. Despite her determination, she broke down and cried once more; lots of tears for too many feelings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geez, formatting takes a while. That damned 'submit' button still makes me nervous.

Last edited by Tues on Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:24 pm 
3. Flaming O

Dear god willow can be a spaz! I mean I know its a fic, but dear god!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:11 am 
3. Flaming O

Wow i mean WOW!
I really hope willow is gonna talk to tara soon.
please more soon.

It only take a minute to see that someone is special an hour to appreciate and a day to love that person. But it take forever to forget.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:40 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Hi there, sweetie. I'm so glad to see another update to this fic...and I've come bearing feedback! But first I must answer your question...

Quote:
As one of the most prolific writer’s on this board, I gotta ask. Is writing like crack?

Yes. Yes, writing is exactly like crack. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that gets that! :lol

Anyway...onward.

Great update. Though I have to say, I was leery of Willow from the start. There was just something so selfish about the way she was being...I think it was this part that really started me on the whole "selfish" train of thought:

Quote:
Ugh, thank goddess it wasn’t pointed at me… me pregnant? That would be worse… I think.

that just seemed so...so...horrible to think. Basically it's Willow's fault that Tara's pregnant and here she is thinking: well...thank god I'm not the one pregnant. Blah Willow! It was just so insensitive! (okay...I'm calm now...deep breaths, deep breaths)

I think Giles was helpful though...at least as a shoulder to cry on of sorts. He was very Giles and British...with the:
Quote:
bristly and tweedy
:lol

At least Willow has made the decision that she's going to have to at least talk to Tara (don't get me started on how insensitive she was being when Tara told her what had happened...Grrrr)

Hopefully there will be some heartfelt apologies soon. I'm looking forward to the next update!

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:08 am 
23. Volumey Text

This is looking to be a good story.

I can understand Willow being a bit shocked by Tara's news but she does seem to have been a bit callous in the way she acted afterwards. Hopefully she will talk to Tara about it and they'll be able sort it out.

One potential problem is that since they're not a couple at the moment, it might seem to some people (Including Tara) that Willow's only getting together with her because of the child.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:19 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
Hiya.

Wow, well, first of all, you credit me in one of your chapters?! You know, you didn't need to say that to keep me hooked. You've got my attention for the run of the story regardless. But now you'll have me combing over every single chapter with a fine-tooth... er... comb (heh). And might I add, I'm extremely flattered!!!!

Anyhoo, another great chapter. It's always interesting to me when people tap into Willow's selfish side.. b/c we all know she has one... not as bad as Buffy's per se, but still very much there... and especially more obvious in the later seasons.

I'm very interested to see how all of this business is resolved.

Cheers
DW

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:53 pm 
8. Vixen

:clap This is such an interesting story, I love it! It is very well-written and intriguing. I'm hooked! Can't wait for more!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:02 pm 
5. Willowhand

:bounce Gotta say that I love this story!

I musn't have read the first part properly cos I missed this line.
Quote:
The night of conception.
I just thought that Willow & Tara had argued. I know - I need my arse kicking!

Consequently, the next update was a bit of a shock!

So Tara is pregnant and Willow is the "Daddy". All I can say is "Thank God for Giles". He did exactly what Willow needed - listened to her, asked all the right questions and let Willow make her own decision. Now, Willow has to get back into Tara's "good books". :-D

More soon please!

Caz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:47 pm 
2. Floating Rose

wow,
I've never seen this type of story done. Like they are just two teenagers who messed up. but i reall really love what you have so far. it's a great idea i hope you keep up with it. i think it is very responsible of wllow to own upto her actions. i hope you enjoy writing the fic as much as so many enjoy reading. don't keep us all waiting too long....please? *looks at you with irrisistable puppy eyes*

happy writing,
stacey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:33 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Wow, this is looking to be GREAT. I really enjoyed reading this. I know that Willow has a selfish side and that in canon she occasionally disregarded Tara's feelings, especially in the later seasons. I have to say, though, I really don't blame her for her reaction, even though callous is one way of looking at it. She suffered a few pretty big shocks all at once - her new best friend is gay, and pregnant, and it's her baby. I can see any one of those things being cause for a freak-out - not knowing that Tara was gay would be a big one, since they were close friends and she probably felt sort of hurt about Tara not telling her.

And the whole having a child thing, I'm sure it's a shock when men find out they fathered a child that they didn't intend, so trying to combine that with your best friend being pregnant AND biology being surmounted, well, I don't blame her for freaking out. And I think that guilt is a reasonable explanation for why she hasn't called Tara all week. I guess I'm responding more to other people's replies than to the story.

Speaking of the story, it's very well written and really draws me in. There's enough of what's going on in the characters' heads, enough action, and enough explanation with the flashbacks to keep me engaged and non-confused. And your writing style is very easy to read, and it makes it easy to visualize the action. Great work, please continue!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:04 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Quote:
“Good lord Willow!” Giles opened the door quirking a curious and peeved eyebrow at her.

okay, so you met my "good lord" - can i raise you an "oy vey"?!

i'm so into this story and loving your writing style. i'm surprised at how calm giles was and that we only got one "good lord" out of him and no glasses cleaning. however, the glasses off AND hand over the eye? classic! i loved that.

tara says she told willlow "everything." but she left out one major detail in her spillage of "everything" - like the fact that she's buttcrazy crushing on the girl. oh, this should be fun. i do heart the angst.

congrats on sticking to your posting schedule (so far anyway!) and good luck on the next installment. i can't wait.

brandy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next