The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: replies
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:35 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Thanks everyone for the feedback and for reading…

A quick note: It was reported today that Anne Bancroft passed away. For those of you who have never seen any of her work, let me just say that it was often infused with a classy, funny, warm intelligence that made it a pleasure to watch. While not her most acclaimed work, one of my favorite movies of all time is Mel Brooks’ “To Be or Not to Be,” in which Ms. Bancroft starred with her husband, Mr. Brooks. I don’t know why I’m writing any of this, other than that I wanted to share. I know I will miss her wit, her charm, her beauty, and her strength.

As for TOD… It’s been fun getting reacquainted with this story and with all of you. I’m working hard on the next chapter, though I have to admit I keep confusing myself (not a difficult thing for me to do) so it’s a little slower going that the last two chapters. I hope to have the chapter finished sometime between tomorrow and Sunday, but we’ll see. I’ve got weddings the next three weekends in a row – starting this weekend – so things are a bit hectic. I’m very excited about next weekend’s wedding, though – my best friend, Brian, is getting married in St. Louis on June 17th, to his partner of 6 years. I’m going, I’m taking my lovely g/f, and Brian and my other best friend will be coming as well (we’re like the three amigos… or stooges… or maybe even Buffy, Xander, and Willow – kinda), so it should be wonderful.

On a different, and more relevant, note… It always amazes me how things that seem so obvious, um… aren’t. For example… where in the heck has Giles been? Here I am 30+ chapters into this story and Giles seems to have run away, and I’ve just noticed it for the first time. Poor Giles. Little oversight on my part which I probably shouldn’t be telling you about, but… we’re all friends, right? You won’t hunt me down with pitchforks. Uh… will you?

And now for a few replies…

TemperedCynic – We’re definitely playing a waiting game, aren’t we? There are a lot of potential fuses waiting to be lit, and I guarantee that most – if not all – of them will be aflame soon. And you’re very right about Willow and Tara… they know where each other stands, but is that enough with all the forces pulling at them? As for your assumptions… I shall take your generous offer and neither confirm nor deny! There are many differences (and similarities) with S4, but for my money the biggest is that Maggie Walsh is still alive. Maggie’s involvement is crucial to everything that is different here from S4. And she’s just so fun! I take my leave now.

WillowPowered – Thanks for reading! There is definitely more to come.

justin – Close on the WDDD1… very close. It’s actually World Domination, Death and Dismemberment. That Maggie is one sick lady! :smash As for her suspicions of Tara… right now she’s suspicious, but not. She’s convinced herself – at least on the surface - Tara wouldn’t betray her. But deep down? Maggie’s always been kinda paranoid, so we’ll have to see what wins out – her paranoia or her faith in Tara.

Urn of Osiris – Thanks so much! When I started thinking of this story many moons ago, the single idea that kept circling my brain was this idea of passion and danger. I’ve always liked love stories where our hero couple had to hide their love from the world and pretend they weren’t together, and where their love was just too strong and they couldn’t resist being together despite the danger. So I hope that everyone reading this story sees it the way you do and enjoys that part of it.

na71684 – Pretty powerful zoom on those government cameras, though I think Maggie’s paranoia and obsession with Tara is even more powerful.

Irene73 – Goodness, all that dancing is making me tired! As for mystery boy… those are very interesting guesses. You could be right. Or it could be someone else from Tara or Willow’s past. Or… it might just be Don Rickles. He is the love child of Donny and Oz, you know. :devil

The Rose24 – I live to spoil you, my dear! Good times ahead? From moi? Um… well, yeah. Maybe.

hin768 – Yep, I’ve reached my limit. Two updates and now I’m done for the year. Kidding!!! Thanks for staying interested despite the very, very, very long delay. Glad you like the more comedic elements. Sometimes they sound good in my head, but I’m not so sure how they translate to paper.

Willow~Rosenberg – Shower away! It’s never too late for a good shower. :-D I’ll try to keep the dangling to a minimum.

-BB

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:55 pm 
5. Willowhand

WOW
that story is nothing short of freaking amazing!!!
i cant wait for more!!!

Post subject: Re: The Truth of Deception
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:38 am 
5. Willowhand

LMAO Xander and Buffy's bar raid was hilarious...I sat here and chuckled to myself the whole time...and then I worried because I'm alone...and I was laughing out loud like an insane person.

And Willow's little tyrade with her clothing...let's just say that that was all too familiar to me as well. And now poor Willow and Tara can't see each other!! Makes me sad:( But I'm sure they'll figure something out...they always do.

Great job and can't wait for more!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:33 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey all... Just a quick non-update update. I'm still working on the next chapter, after spending entirely too long going back over the story thus far, making notes, and trying to remember what exactly I have and haven't told you wonderful readers in the story thus far. Oh yeah, and I had to find Giles. Turns out he was off locked away in a cabin in the mountains trying to write his first novel. After gently explaining that bunnies don't generally turn into vampires and so writing a novel about a girl named Anya who slays bunnies is probably not a good idea, he agreed to come back and get involved in TOD.

Anyway, so progress is coming slowly but will be delayed for at least the next few weeks by the fact that I'm moving at the end of the month and packing has become my new favorite leisure activity. I'll be very excited to get out of the city and live where there are actual trees and no bars on windows or drug dealers who like to make threats living next door. My g/f is especially excited about the trees. And the lack of drug dealers. Then the week after we move I start a brand new job. I mean really, when you make a change you should just change everything in your life, right?!? Heh.

So it's all very exciting, blah blah, and I'll get back to writing ASAP. Please don't hurt me.

:)

-BB

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:00 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I just finished reading everything so far and am looking forward to reading the final chapters.

I have a very strong feeling as to who Little Boy is, but I have an equally strong feeling you wouldn't confirm it for me if I speculated aloud. Plus, it might be spoiler if I'm right.

Update, please?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:36 am 
3. Flaming O

the little boy is
Spoiler:
Donnie
.imo :)

look if you wanna : ) i hope this fic is still being written

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:03 pm 
3. Flaming O

wow this story is amazing i love it. Please update soon i can't wait to read more.

It only take a minute to see that someone is special an hour to appreciate and a day to love that person. But it take forever to forget.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:20 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I reread this whole fic again yesterday.:blush I must say that after all this time, this fic still HAS to be the best fic I have ever read. Definitely one of my top two unfinished fics (the other is Stone Circle by mariacomet). It's amazing how this fic can still have that same effect on me now as when I read it (two years ago?).
So when I saw a reply to this fic today, you can imagine how excited I was. But then...ergh...disappointment. And well, I'm writing now to remind you that there ARE still kittens waiting for an update. RL can be demanding, I get that, but update..please? Pretty pretty please? :flirt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:40 pm 
3. Flaming O

Same thing happened to me...cam squeling in here thinking there had been an update. :(

I'm sure there are a plethora of kittens waiting for an update whenever you're ready

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:26 pm 
2. Floating Rose

So i've been sitting here since about.. 9:00 last night... and read this all in one sitting, with exception of me you know, going to english to turn in that stupid essay..."dry" my ass i poured my soul out while writing that stupid-- anyways... I'm all... sad now, I always do that, the whole... start reading something that's unfinished. But i have to say, there are some truely classic moments in thise.. that had me biting into a pillow so as not to laugh out loud, lest i wake up my room mate.

I've decided that I know who the creepy mystery man is...though I won't say it incase people would rather not hear the theory...but he's evil.

Walsh makes me shudder.

Anya makes me smile, as always.

And who knew Riley was more than a scarecrow. Someone finally gave him a brain.

And when will they all learn?! Secrets=Bad, Omission of the Truth= Bad. I have a feeling that Willow and Riley not voicing anything at all to the Scoobies is going to cause a problem, like oh say... Walsh now knows they know where Adam is cause Buffy said it out loud in her room which has been invaded by bugs from the government.

and has anyone else noticed season 4's whole.. antigovernment type thing? I just thought about that...

And I went to a scary visual place...involving Giles in a tutu and i never wanna go back to that place!

and that's my four cents.

-Dani

"Must be programmed to self-decrypt at a certain point... That is so annoying! It's like someone blurting out the answer to a riddle just when you've-- I mean Yippee! We have the information." Willow, Primeval

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:10 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

When this thread popped up I thought, yippee! a new long story to sink my teeth into. Well, 2 1/2 days later, I've read all the parts and now all I can say is "I want more"

Blameburner, I'm really enjoying your spin on season 4. Since I read it all in a big chuck, it's hard to pick out specifics but there are couple of things that really caught my attention:
Your Maggie Walsh is even creepier than canon. Yikes!
Riley isn't a cardboard cut-out? Who'd have thunk it?
Willow's insecurities are laid out quite well.
And damn, secret super-cool monster fighter Tara is HOT! :thud

I'm very hopeful that you're still out there working on this fic. How do the Scoobies beat Adam? What happens to Walsh? ( I hope it's gruesome) Where in the frilly heck has Giles been? And most importantly, how do our girls get back to each other????

Inquiring minds want to know.

Michelle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:30 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Okay, I've been reading this for the past week, off and on and let me just say... :bow . I am definitely unworthy! But it's been so long since an update that I have this depressed feeling in my gut. Please don't leave me hanging for too long. It's very rare I read an uncompleted fic, cause I'm always worried it won't be finished.

But I will wait patiently and hope for the best because this fic is just awesome!!! :pinky

"I'm so evil.... and skanky... and I think I'm kind of gay." - Willow (Dopplegangland)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:12 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hi all...

Life's been busy... new job, new apartment, old friends and the same, fabulous g/f. But I wanted to pop in with apologies for not having updated in a long time, and to say that I still intend to finish TOD, though it's obviously taking waaaaaaaay longer than I intended. Writing time is kind of scarce these days, in general but also for TOD specifically - not because I don't love writing it (I do), but I have to admit I am finally writing my first novel and it is a very slow process. So, the creative time and energy I do have has been mostly spent on that, which unfortunately hasn't left hardly any time for Willow or Tara. Still, the girls are never far from my mind, and I will work on incorporating them into my writing time, so that those of you who I haven't totally pissed off will have an update to read.

:-D

Okay, I'm off for now... thanks, as always, for your patience and interest.

-BB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:22 am 
2. Floating Rose

Dear Blameburner,

You're here! I'm really pleased to hear that you're happy in your personal life and also that you're still writing , even if it's not TOD. You have an amazing gift for character, mood, and pacing, and I'd hate to see you turn away from writing. Of course, I'd be even happier if you found a way to add TOD into the juggling act that is your life but, you know, we'll wait. A fic like this is too good to give up on...

Nice to see your name on the board again.

--blue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:30 am 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

I spent the last week re-reading my favorite stories. This was of course one of them and it makes me sad that it is unfinished and there hasn't been an update for a long time. BB I hope RL is treating you well, but don't forget about all of your loyal and sometimes not so patient readers here. We hope to hear from you soon :)

Sorry to all of those that thought there was an update.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:43 pm 
3. Flaming O

Everytime I see this fic on the first page I get so excited thinking there's an update. But then I find out that it's not and I get sad.

Cant wait for an update. This is an incredible story.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:42 am 
8. Vixen

Just reread the story. What a journey!
Please update? I need to read what will happen next with the gang trying to find Adam and how Tara will get word to Willow... and ultimately the destruction of Walsh *giggles insanely* :smash

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:00 am 
3. Flaming O

Please come back and update.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:39 am 
5. Willowhand

This fic is absolutley AMAZING! pweeez update! :pray :pray

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:32 pm 
3. Flaming O

Let me second that. Zee story must be finished! :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:15 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 2
Hey I started reading this story and let me say WOW! I love it and I'm with everyone one else. Please come back and finish this story

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:51 pm 
3. Flaming O

Only just found this story, but I have to say, it's fascinating. It's comical, completely in-character, shows us that Riley isn't a cardboard cut-out, that, yeah, Anya's not as shallow as she seems, and Walsh is a hell lot more dangerous than she appears. I particularly loved the scene in chapter 26, with Willow against the tree. It was just the right combination of character development, sex and emotion... and I can't believe I just wrote that. "Just the right combination"... eugh. Anyway, I'm hoping you update this soon, and good luck with the novel. This story really is excellent.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:46 am 
19. Yummy Face

Excellent story... Update-y goodness soonish pleeease :pray

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:54 pm 
5. Willowhand

luv this fict hope the writer is still around

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:26 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I love this story and this kick ass version of Tara has got to be my favorite of all time! You're writing is wonderful. I'm sad to see that it has been 2 years since you last updated; so I don't hold out much hope that this will ever be completed. I still hold out that tiny bit of hope and wanted to let you know that if you do continue, there are those of us out here who will appreciate every word.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:08 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hope this is still being written. Update soonish? Please with strawberries and cream on top?

writerfreak :flower

Soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:08 am 
4. Extra Flamey

*note* Sorry to those who got excided cause I posted a comment. :( I wish this story was being continued as well. Even though I'm not to the end yet.....

I recently started reading this story. I've had it on my 'list to read' for a while now. I'm so glad I started reading it. I'm going on to part 22 so, I've still got a while to go but had to comment when this line really made me laugh.

Quote:
If the universe knew how much Tara loved her, and how much she needed that love... then the universe would take it away from her.

Not in some overt, completely ridiculous way. It wasn't like Willow was afraid some evil nerd would try and shoot Buffy, only to inadvertently kill Tara when a stray bullet pierced her heart.

That would just be dumb. And the universe was far more cunning than that.

hehe...ANYway. I really have loved the story so far. Im getting closer to the end of my seat now that Maggie is suspicious of Tara and Riley. And...we KNOW the girls will get back together so..I'm not worried about that.

I also loved Anya's 'talk' with willow. *giggles* well done Anya.

Anyway. I'm gonna get back to reading and I'll probably post once I've finished reading.

xJen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:57 pm 
3. Flaming O

I would give almost anything for this story to be updated.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:12 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Good story........please update..... :pray :pray :pray :pray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:01 pm 
3. Flaming O

i really miss this story :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next