The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Continuing Fic: Coming Back (Updated 01/18/08)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:27 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Title: Coming Back
Author: GayNow (Carleen)
Email: cmspry2@gmail.com
Feedback: Pretty please? Just remember, I leave feedback for you! Okay, maybe not for every update....but I try! And...and...I leave novellas. Okay okay....I'll be happy with a smilie face.
Distribution: Archiving is fine…please let me know where so I can call all my friends and yell, “Look! I’m famous!”
Rating: This part…PG…future parts…PG-13…will there be kisses and smut?…hmmm....dunno....we’ll see. I’ll make sure I give fair warning.
Disclaimer: BtVS characters, concepts and dialog belong to Mutant Enemy, Fox, The WB, UPN and others. The story, however, came out of my delusional little brain.
Summary: AU....no Hellmouth...no magic....no demons...no slayer....Willow and Tara made a solemn promise to each other 8 years ago.
Author’s Notes:
  • This fic was inspired by my own fic challenge (Third Time's a Charm). But...well...it sort of took on a life of its own. So, I decided to give it its own thread. I'm nice that way.
  • This is my first attempt at fic writing...or posting what I've written, anyway. And I have all of you wonderful kittens to thank for inspiring me. I'm not going to start listing off all of the individual authors, because that would just take too long. You know who you are...you've read my feedback...it's no secret who I worship.
  • I have to give special, super-dee-duper thanks to the lovely WATSON for so many things -- for putting up with me...for painstakingly reading chapters and sections and paragraphs and sentences...for dealing with me obsessing over j-u-u-u-u-u-u-st the right word...for serving as co-writer in many many many instances (if it's a REALLY good sentence or phrase...it's probably hers)...for simply being a friend and encouraging me (Okay...encouraging? She was kicking me in the ass is what she was doing!)
  • Thoughts in italics
  • Thanks to Chris Cook for the super spectacular title graphic!

Chapter 1

Tara looked down at the freckled hand lightly clasped in her own. She smiled as she lifted the hand to her lips and placed a gentle kiss on the knuckles. The entwined hands dropped to her side and continued to swing as she walked along the shore with her love. Again, she smiled as she turned to look into the green eyes that had captured her heart so many years earlier.

Tara's heart leapt as she saw Willow return an affectionate gaze. Pulling gently on Tara's arm, Willow brought them to a halt and guided the other woman into her arms. The two stood, wrapped in each other’s embrace, looking lovingly at each other. Tara felt weightless, as if she were floating, suspended above the rest of the world. Willow placed a light kiss on the tip of Tara's nose and took a breath before speaking.

"Tara, I lo-"

Suddenly, Tara was plucked from her spot above the clouds and unceremoniously slammed back into her seat. She blinked her eyes a few times before opening them fully and focusing on her surroundings.

"Ladies and gentleman, this is the captain. We're going to be experiencing a bit of turbulence as we approach California."

A bit?! My stomach is in my sinus passages and he says 'a bit' of turbulence?

"I've turned on the seatbelt sign and we ask that you return to your seats and buckle up at this time." The captain finished droning his obviously memorized speech just as the "ding" of the fasten seatbelt sign was heard.

Not being one for flitting about the cabin of a plane while in flight, Tara was already securely “buckled up.” She removed the blanket she’d had over her legs and readjusted her paper-covered airline pillow to use as an armrest. Spotting a passing flight attendant, Tara waved her hand hoping for a little attention.

“Would you like me to take care of that blanket for you?” The flight attendant – Brigette, according to her wing-shaped nameplate – was particularly cheerful, causing Tara to internally grimace. She tried to not take out her fatigue on the unsuspecting woman and mustered a little of her own energy.

“Yes, thank you. And would it be possible to get some water please?”

“Of course. I’ll be right back.”

As she waited for her beverage, Tara looked out the window at the earth below. She could make out patches of farmland through the clouds and guessed they were over Kansas. Shouldn’t be much longer.

“Here you go, ma’am. I brought you a full bottle rather than a little glass.” Brigette winked at Tara and smiled.

Huh! Is she flirting with me? Tara took the bottle and gave the woman a small smile. “Thank you. How much longer until we land? I’ve lost track of time zones.”

Brigette looked at her watch then casually leaned on the empty seat a row in front of Tara before answering. “Well, we’re scheduled to land in about 2 hours, but this bumpy ride may slow us down a bit. So my guess is 2 ½ hours.”

“Well, after 19 hours on planes and in airports, 2 ½ more doesn’t seem like much. Thank you.” Deciding to avoid giving Brigette more encouragement, Tara took a drink from her water and turned back to the window. Brigette seemed to get the hint – shrugging as if to say “can’t blame me for trying” – and moved on to help other passengers.

Tara stared out the window, watching as the farms below gradually gave way to mountain ranges. Close…I’m so close. She’d been anticipating this trip for 8 years…8 long, lonely years. But now that she was just a few hours from her destination she felt anxious. Who am I kidding? I’m scared…just plain scared.

There were so many “what ifs” Tara kept playing over and over in her head – what if Willow wasn’t there? What if she’d misread Willow’s letters all these years? What if Willow wasn’t the same person? Well, of course she’s not the same person, stupid. She’s an adult now. I'm not the same person either. We’ve gone to school in different countries, had different experiences. Of course she’s changed. I wouldn’t expect any different from Willow.

Tara reached into the carry-on bag at her feet and pulled out a well-wrapped bundle. Setting the item in her lap, she gently removed the protective covering to reveal a beautifully hand-painted picture frame. She looked at the picture under the glass and smiled. Since neither of them was fond of having her picture taken, they had exchanged only one picture in all of the 8 years they were apart. Willow sent Tara a picture of herself and Buffy on the day they graduated from high school—each with one arm wrapped around the other, diplomas held in their free hands, mortarboards askew, each looking as though they were ready to conquer the world. What am I going on about? No matter what, she’ll still be my Willow. Tara traced the outline of Willow’s features lightly with her finger. She didn’t need to look at the picture to see Willow’s image in her mind. It had been set in her memory for the last 4 years, happily mingling with images of Willow from a time years earlier. Tara’s gaze returned to the window at her side as she remembered.

Tara walked slowly through the field as she made her way to their special place. On any other day, she would have been running through the tall grass. But this day was not any other day. This was a day she’d never thought would come. Her brow furrowed as she considered how she would say all that needed to be said. A familiar voice brought her out of her thoughts as she approached the large, stately oak in the center of the field.

“Hey, Tara! C’mon, hurry up! Today is the day I beat your record, Missy!”

Tara looked over to see Willow sitting on the makeshift swing hanging from the tree’s strongest branch. The redhead grasped the ropes tightly and pushed off the ground, setting the swing in motion.

“Willow, can we just sit down for a while? I kinda need to talk to you.”

Willow immediately stopped pumping her legs and dragged her feet along the ground. She hopped off the swing and turned to her friend with a concerned expression.

“What is it, Tara? Is everything okay?”

Tara hesitated and looked down at her hands, which were currently fidgeting with the hem of her shirt.

“C’mon, Will, let’s sit down.”

The girls moved to the base of the large oak and sat. Tara patted her lap and Willow happily put her head down and looked up at her friend. Tara was looking rather blankly at the swing her father had helped the girls hang years earlier. It still swung slightly from the gentle breeze and seemed to have a hypnotic effect on Tara. Willow finally broke the silence that hung heavily over the two friends.

“Tare? What is it? There’s something wrong. I can tell.”

Tara blinked a few times and then looked down at her friend. I’ve never been able to keep anything from her. She knows me too well. She smiled at the concern…and fear?…she saw in the redhead’s deep green eyes. The prettiest eyes in the world…and they see right through to my soul. Tara’s eyes glistened with the tears she fought so hard to keep back.

Her suspicions confirmed, Willow sat up quickly and reached for Tara’s hands – she needed to comfort the blonde, but also needed the contact to calm her own rapidly beating heart.

Understanding Willow’s intention as soon as the redhead began to move, Tara quickly pulled her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs; she bowed her head so that her blonde hair covered her face – she drew into herself, feeling undeserving of the comfort her friend offered. This did not go unnoticed by Willow.

“Tara, please, tell me what it is. You know you can tell me anything.” Willow spoke softly. She pushed aside her own bruised feelings when Tara pulled away and offered support to her friend.

Tara continued to fight back the tears as she raised her head to look at Willow. She tried to speak, but stopped before any words came out – her throat clenched and she held back a sob. This is so hard. Finally, she took a deep breath and tried again.

“Daddy got promoted.”

“Tara…that…that’s great! Good for your dad!” Willow noticed that Tara didn’t seem to mirror her own excitement. “I’m all with the ‘whoo hoo’ here…and you’re…well…not. Aren’t you happy for him?”

“Oh yes! I am. I really am. He worked hard to get this promotion. It’s been his dream.” But it’s not my dream.

Willow could hear the pride in Tara’s tone, but missed the undercurrent of sadness.

“So…. what does that make him now? An admiral?” Still bubbling with excitement for Tara’s father, Willow flounced back down and placed her head on Tara’s lap again.[br]
Tara let a small giggle escape as she marveled at her friend’s innocence and poked her playfully in the ribs. “No, silly. Admirals are in the Navy, not the Air Force. He…He’s been promoted to Colonel.”

Willow smiled as she looked into Tara’s sapphire blue eyes. “Well,” she bubbled, “this must be a really great opportunity for him.”

“Yes…it is.” Tara sounded less enthusiastic, but this went unnoticed by the redhead.

“So, what’s he gonna be doing now? Something secretive and mysterious? All cloak and dagger like in the novels?” Willow asked as she waggled her eyebrows.

“Will! You’re such a goof!” Tara couldn’t help but chuckle slightly at her friend’s behavior. Her grin soon faded as she once again remembered the task that lay before her.

“Yes, but I’m a lovable goof, “ Willow stated with a quick nod and a self-satisfied smirk.

“This is true.” And you’ll always be my lovable goof, Will…always.

“So, c’mon, Tare…what’s he gonna be doing? The suspense is killing me!”

Tara glanced at the field of wildflowers gently swaying in the breeze, absentmindedly playing with Willow’s red locks. After a few moments – and a gentle tap on her knee from Willow – she gathered enough courage to speak.

“Command Surgeon at Ramstein Air Force Base.” Again, Tara struggled to hold back her tears.

Willow jumped up from her place on Tara’s lap and knelt in front of the blonde, bouncing with enthusiasm. “Wow, Tare! That’s GREAT! Go, Mr. Maclay…actually, that should be Go, Colonel Maclay! Ramstein…that’s in Germany, isn’t it? I remember it from that Iron Eagles movie we watched…which was okay…but I don’t think it was very realistic, do you? I mean…pfft…a 17-year-old flying a jet to the Middle East and blowing things up? Right! But…Germany! Wow! When does he leave? How long will he be there? Will he be gone as long as he was when he had to go to Iraq? I bet you and Donnie are really gonna miss him. Will you get to visit?”

The redhead finally ended her torrent of questions as she began to feel herself getting dizzy from lack of oxygen. She sat back on her heels and took a few deep breaths while looking at Tara expectantly, waiting for the blonde to answer her questions.

Tara was dumbstruck. For a few moments she just stared at her effervescent friend. Did she really say all that without taking a breath? That had to be the longest case of Willow-babble ever…and the cutest. Finally tuning into the fact that Willow was awaiting answers – answers that she did not want to give – Tara pulled herself out of her stupor and took a deep breath; she prepared herself for what was to come. Her eyes were firmly fixed on her hands, which were fidgeting in her lap.

“Um, yes, Ramstein is in Germany. And, uh, I didn’t think Iron Eagles was realistic either. Daddy leaves in a month and he’s going to be gone a long time.” Tara took another breath and then looked directly into Willow’s sparkling green eyes. Oh, God. This hurts. “And I won’t have to visit him…because…well…I’m going too…all of us…the whole family.” Tara couldn’t hold back the tears any longer. “Oh, Will, we’re moving away…to Germany…in a month…. and I don’t know when I’ll be back!”

Tara’s eyes shimmered with unshed tears as she continued to gaze out the window. The mountains were slowly giving way to desert; she knew they would be landing soon.

I’m coming back, Willow. I’m coming back. Please be there.

TBC

Frivolous Views

Last edited by GayNow on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 36 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Coming Back
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:30 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Oh. My. God. CARLEEN WITH A FIC! Watch out for the incoming, folks! Once she starts, will she be able to stop? Will we let her stop?

Though I want more FC3 entries, I can see why this fic should stand on its own merit. And merit alright, this is a wonderful first effort, and of course it’s due to you hanging out with so many cool writers :glasses. What? I’m referring to Cam, Emms, Cyd, Pips, Heather, Debra etc *whistles*.

I love Tara’s dream so romantic … it’s a dream, not daydream, right? One that I sense Tara has quite often. Tara being on a plane, her trepidation, the sequence of thoughts:
Quote:
Close…I’m so close

and
Quote:
I’m scared

and
Quote:
I’m coming back, Willow

Looking out of a plane window always brings out the melancholy in this traveler. I can feel Tara’s longing, and a large dose of loneliness, she’s in need of much Willow lovin’ – will Willow be different? Obviously they have been apart for 8 years, will they pick up where they’ve left off? Of course the lovely picture frame – I hope it makes a return appearance later on. I can see why they haven’t gone crazy with the photo sharing, sometimes one is enough to keep the image of a loved one in your mind, and close to your heart.

Laughed at the flirty stewardess. I still have the image of a French blonde with big pouty lips in my head :lol. No chance, Brigette, you have NO chance with Tara.

The flashback was very well done. I love their innocence, their friendship, how even at that age (12? 14?) they were already very much a couple, in a teenager, non-sexual, sort of way. The emotional connection is already there, in the way they settled so easily into each other – Willow happily laying down over Tara’s lap, and knowing each other’s thoughts and feelings. Very sad that Tara’s family is leaving, I’m glad that you’ve shown that they have kept in touch and waited, it’s so easy to let friendships and even romance fade away when you’re in different countries (yes, personal experience).

I feel privileged to have been involved in the process of bringing this fic to Pens. The research you’ve done, the care you put in each section, however small, the constant desire to improve. And yeah, the dogged determination to get every single word right. Words are YOURS, not mine, I prodded and acted stupid occasionally.

Quote:
She was kicking me in the ass is what she was doing!

Oh yeah … “are they kissing yet?” “why are they not kissing” “so, kissing???”

You don’t have to worry about your writing, it flows well, you have used just the right mix of dialogue and description. Haven’t gone overboard with the details, there’s enough for us to follow the story, but doesn’t feel long-winded. Dialogue is natural, I can hear them. I haven’t even started quoting my favorite parts, it’ll be almost the entire update! I’ll leave it for other kittens, cos I don’t want to hog all feedback :lmao.

Okay, time for some emoticons :clap :bow :applause :tumble

Nice job, honey.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:44 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 1
I have to claim this spot...my beta's first fic...I feel so proud! *sniffle* I'm so happy you took the initiative to do this Car, and special shout out to watson for the encouragement. More later.

Later: *shakes head sadly* Car, Car, Car...I'm disappointed. All this time you've been saying you can't write fiction...now I can't help but wonder what other sordid lies you've told, Carleen...if that is in fact your name.

I love the set up of this...having moved a half dozen times by the time I got to junior high, the idea of Tara having to tell a clueless Willow that she's leaving really resonated. I like the style you've set up, with the present day Tara reminiscing on the past, and I hope we get to see some more glimpses of the past eight years...maybe some of the letters sent? Clearly they've led Tara to believe there's a chance of a relationship, but why does she not know if Willow is still there? Did the letters mysteriously stop, prompting Tara to hop on a plane to rush to her rescue? Just what the frilly heck is going on??? You said you've written more than 20 pages, missy, and I don't see 20 pages worth of post here (unless you wrote on note cards or napkins or something)...I DEMAND ANSWERS!!! :happy hehehe...seriously, dude...great work...can't wait to bug you for more. :-D

-Cam

Last edited by tarawhipped on Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:50 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Dude man,
I was going to stake a claim but of course Watson was there first. Darn her!

Seriously.

I love the start. The first paragraph and a half, I must say is kind of cheap thrills. Nothing personal but I kind of can't stand that type of "here you go... oh, not you sucker!" stuff. But I do get the point.

The flashback part was quite lovingly done. I can see the connection between the girls although a time/age would have been nice. I think? that they are about 22? Tara just graduated college? Not sure on that but the image has been in her mind 4 years so it's 4 years after hs graduation?

Re: Ramstein, one of my college roommates went to hs there because her father was stationed there. Said it was pretty cool but lots of real brats.

Great start.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:48 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
I love the premise of your fic . . . it brought back the not so fond memories of moving as a military brat. I'm excited to see where you are going to take this; 8 years is a long time to be away from friends. My dad was shipped off to Japan when I was at that age, and (hopefully) if Tara and Willow are anything like my friends and I, they'll find each other and it'll be like they were never apart. I look forward to your next update!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:20 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hey Car,

Well here is my attempt at feedback. I'm not much of a feedback giver so feel special that you have pulled my out of my non-posting lull and have been given a reason to reply. Although, I'm not so great with feedback (as you can see by my five or so total posts) so bare with me, alright? So here goes nothing.

I absolutely love your fic. Which is why I have resolved to quite reading until you're completely done and bask in its finished amazing amazingness.

Just Kidding. I will be on the edge of my seat waiting for every awesome update. So for now I'll start from the beginning. Sorry about Bridgette's luck, eh? She seemed like she could probably be a sweetheart too, maybe she could be sent my way one day. Better luck next time.

So is it that they've only traded pictures in the last eight years? I'm not sure a random picture makes sense to me. Have there been letters because romantically insinuating letters could be a good thing too. But hey what do I know? I couldn't write my way out of a wet paper bag.

I love the sweet innocence of young Willow and Tara. Willow bouncing happily for Tara's dad getting a promotion. Does this mean Tara's father isn't like the Cannon Mr. Maclay? I didn't care much for cannon Mr. Maclay anyways, but then again who did?

Finally the last line there, makes me want some more. I'm not going to try to use the quote thing because i tried twice and this much of my post got erased. But you all know it because you read it. I'm impatiently awaiting the next update but only you can do something about that so Chop Chop.

~Rachel

P.S. I think that's the longest post i've ever posted. Ever. Feel special. :-D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:25 pm 
2. Floating Rose

love the stoire, can't wait to see what happens when the finly see each other after so long

~Angel~

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:29 pm 
3. Flaming O

Carleen,

This has the beginnings of quite an amazing story. Its awesome and I am glad you posted. I am wondering why Tara and Willow havn't visited each other before. Also, was there attraction in the past or after Tara moved away.

How old were they at the time of the move and how old are they now? Does Willow know she's coming to visit and is it a visit or a move?

More please

cooper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:27 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hey Car!!!
Wow, that was an amazing start. Why didn't you post before?... Anyway
I already love this fic, and I can't wait for more. So, when are you gonna update? Everyday right? Please don't be like Meg, she makes us wait ONE week!!

Okay girl, I have lots of questions for this chapter, but I know they'll be answered in time. :x
:bow :bow :applause

Kiss,
Ceci

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:03 am 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Wooooo that is amazing..... great start I hope for Tara that Willow will be there too...ok who am I kidding yeah she will be there....so when is the next update :bounce :bounce :bounce

Henny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:23 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

OMG Carleen!! * The heavens open up, light pours from the sky and shouts of WOOOO HOOOO can be heard coming from the angels above us. * You've started writing an actual story??!! This is too good to be true! It's better than....sliced bread! :-D Its better than christmas!! .....it's better than smut!! (well....maybe not smut....but it's certainly up there with smut. :lol )

okay....so...I haven't had time to read yet...as I am sitting here at the computer half-dressed and running late for work. But I'm gonna read, right when I get home, this story will be my first stop. :glasses

I'm soooooo excited about this Carleen!! Yay!!

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:10 am 
19. Yummy Face

Carleen, that was beautiful,

Tara's dream at the beginning was all aww :x

The air stewardess - you certainly can't blame her for trying :lol

The flashback, so sweet, so sad, so beautiful. I felt like I was there, being told that my best friend was moving away, & also, telling my best friend that I was moving away. It was very touching.

I'm wondering lots of things... Okay, I'm assuming that our girls were rather young (14 seems to be the consensus of opinion?) when Tara moved away, and I can imagine that they were just very good friends at that time?
I'm desperate to know what they've shared in their letters.
From Tara's thoughts on the plane it's obvious that she knows that she loves (is in love?) with Willow, but what about Willow? Does she know how Tara feels about her? Is she in love with Tara? Does Tara know how Willow feels about her? Do they know that they're gonna fall madly in love & spend the rest of their lives together?
Or, were they together when Tara moved away?
Am I asking far too many questions? :paranoid Yes I am... Okay, I'll stop now. :D

Oh, almost forgot, yay! for Tara having a nice family :)

I look forward to following this wonderful story of yours wherever it takes us. :)

Well done sweetie & thank you for sharing this with us.

Hugs
Jeanne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:50 am 
4. Extra Flamey

To quote Watson
Quote:
Once she starts, will she be able to stop? Will we let her stop?

I'm all with the not letting her stop. If she stops then I'll be very upset and I will cry, because this is an excellent fic!

Carleen....what took you so long!!!!

I really like the flirting flight attendent. In fact I always find it fun in a fic when our girls get flirted with because they all have (again to quote Watson) "No chance."

Right so some :clap and :applause and even a good :bounce or :bounce two....oh yeah can't forget a :bow and a please update soon :pray

-wiccanbotanist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:11 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Yay Carleen...you started a fic...hooray!

The story has good flow and seems to have a good starting point for a W/T reuniony like situation...and I probably should say more but it seems my predecessors have made most of the good points.

So, right now I’ll just process (which is something I know I've heard somewhere before ;-) ) and let you know I’m along for the ride. Kudos.

~Cyd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:21 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Carleen *swoon* you posted a fic *swoon* oh you can do absolutely totally completely utterly no wrong. I :bow to your greatness and creativity. Every single thing you do is magic!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:26 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Bouncey smiley! :bounce Watson just poked and prodded me over here, and I'm very glad she did, this is an enchanting beginning to what promises to be a memorable story. You got me right from the start, with Tara's sweet dream of walking along the beach with her Willow - may it come true :pray Darned turbulence... as for Brigette the flight attendant, no, I really can't blame her for trying :blush

This really was a great way to open the story - a taste of the current Tara, thinking of Willow, dealing with flirtatious cabin girls without getting all flustered, very grown up; she and Willow as they were before Tara's enforced absence, so young and happy, even Tara with her sad news made me smile in between the angst-stricken "awwww!"s.

I think we all know Tara's right in the end: "No matter what, she'll still be my Willow." Of course that doesn't preclude the 'no matter what' being angsty and/or heart-wrenching, you really could take this story anywhere, but in the end I'm looking forward to that walk on the beach :x

Great work, and please post more soon :bow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:38 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Carleen, you sexifulicious little goddess you!

I love it. The premise, the fact that Tara's dad is apparently not abusive... how will things have changed, hmm? Nice on using Buffy's "I'm all with the whoo-hoo here" line from NMR as a Willow-line. It really fits!

The stewardess hitting on Tara was cute. Go stewardess! I say that, of course, not because Tara should be with anyone but Willow, but because, finally, someone other than Willow who sees how incredibly luscious Tara is! Woot! ...okay stewardess, now back off. *Puts a sticker that says "Property of Willow" on Tara's boobs*

*grins because she got to touch Tara's boobs*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:00 pm 
5. Willowhand

Great start to this story. My other half and I are both ex - soldiers, I know how it feels to leave friends behind - it hurts! You've got this spot on.

More please.

Caz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:15 pm 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

Hii..I love this so far..it's so cute and great!! Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong and those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler. [Evan Rachel Wood]

Credit for icon: lj user crazedxinsanity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:46 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

What a GREAT beginning! I love it. If the girls were 14 when they were separated, then I can see why they didn't visit in the interim - when you're a kid then overseas travel is not always something that you're able to do, or something that your parents will allow you to do. .

Tara's anticipation of actually seeing Willow in the flesh after years of letters is palpable. I feel like I'm feeling it too - I'm all wrapped up in the story already. Great job of drawing in the reader.

What will happen next?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:53 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hy there...
Nice start, Tara so full of anticipation, will her hopes be invain...or maybe not :-D
It´s a nice twist to give Tara a proper father, but how will that change her, or will it ???????
More please...soon !!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:00 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Oh man.......Car... That was so intense. I don't even think I can say anything right now... Tara's memories were beautiful, You described what she was seeing so well, that I felt like I was right there. I really want Willow to be there when Tara gets there. I'm sure she will be, and hopefully nothing too drastic has changed in since they last saw eachother....

I can't wait to see where you take this. Great start. Woo Hoo!!

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:14 pm 
19. Yummy Face

To repeat Watson's words - oh my Gia "Carleen with a fic!" As you were adament that you weren't going to write one, I was quite surprised.

I like that you caved and actually posted something. You seem to have picked a pretty original idea and I'm excited (none naughty variety) to see how it all pans out.

So, uhm, yeah... :grin

Gem xXxXx

"Who gets the toaster for that one?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:30 pm 
2. Floating Rose

As a fellow military brat, I can sympathize with Tara. Poor Tara and Willow... separated for so long. Luckily I never had to leave any soulmates behind, unlike Tara. You've got the beginnings of a great story, I can't wait to read more!! Keep up the good work.

-Tiffany

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:30 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Great start, GayNow.

I really love all-human-ubers in which Willow and Tara aren't yet together. Especially when they're as well written as this.

Can't wait to read more.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:48 pm 
3. Flaming O

Wow.....wonderful start! It's hard to believe this is your first fic (of many I hope) you are a natural. I can't wait for their reunion........Willow better still be there. Well if not, I'm sure Tara will find her, right? .

Update soon please! :flirt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:53 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

wow, car, i vividly remember you saying " i only write nonfiction" so emphatically, it never crossed my mind you would find your way onto the fic train.i guess that comp. book of yours got so full of ideas you just had to do something about it, right?
and such a sweet start you're off to here, on one hand can't see why tara would be nervous, and yet of course 8 years is forever, esp. when it's the formative years, and so much can change. i love your attention to the little details, like how airline pillows are much better used as armrests. you obviously put a lot of thought and care into every aspect of this, lots of first time authors get the broad strokes down, but your handling of the minutia is very impressive. good on ya car! ~mary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:23 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

:bow :clap

I LOVE THIS I LOVE THIS I LOVE THIS! Gah this is the best thing Ive read in a while...and I dont read much fic these days...its so sweet, and sad....I wish I had better words to express how awesome this is...you should update real soon Car! Like....NOW! "sits and waits" You're doing a GREAT job with this!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:21 am 
3. Flaming O

I'm glad I'm not my usual late self for leaving feedback. This is a great fic, full of promise and humor. Your humor is the type that I can laugh out loud about, yet so full of warmth that it remains in my mind for several days, so I chuckle when I think back. Many people have quoted my favorites, so I'll refrain and focus on the ones that made me guffaw in hysterics.

Quote:
My stomach is in my sinus passages

:rofl I'm sure it can't fit!

Quote:
Admirals are in the Navy, not the Air Force

Silly Willow! A genius and can't tell her armies from her air forces. And of course the Iron Eagles reference.

I wonder why they had been away from each other for 8 years and what is the event that prompts Tara to come back (I noticed the title too). I'm hoping it is a happy occasion, like Willow graduating. I don't think it involves the other Scoobies (if we even have Scoobies in this fic). I'm certainly hoping it isn't some heartbreaking event because
Quote:
I’m coming back, Willow. I’m coming back. Please be there.

gives me chills up my spine, in anticipation as well as trepidation.

I'm merely echoing the others when I say, great update and please don't make us wait too long.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:14 am 
5. Willowhand

Okay, I'm intrigued. I can tell that this is going to be a great story from one post, so I'm all excited now. Poor Tara having to be away from Willow for eight years. I look forward to seeing how they react to being around one another again. Great start.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next