The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "She's Got A Way" - Updated 12/22/10
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:54 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
So I thought I'd stretch my writing muscles out again.

Author: Foomatic
Title: She's Got A Way
Summary: This is going to be pretty much my interpretation of the 'in between' scenes of Season 4, starting with Hush. The only exception is a sort of musical inner monologue a la Moulin Rouge that I've added. It sounds kind of corny, but if you happen to have the song on your computer, or you can just download it . . . legally, of course (oh who am I kidding?), play it when you get to that point as you read along. I find it helps with the imagery, kinda like a music video in my mind . . . I've kinda paced the writing to the music, so it should fit nicely should you play the song and read along.
Disclaimer: Don't own the characters or the song

Check out the "She's Got A Way" trailer (password: kittens)

***Edit 1/22/2008*** I've added links to all the songs in this fic, so now you can play them along as you read. They're streaming files, so no need to download.

SHE’S GOT A WAY

Part I: Secret

“We come together, daughters of Gaia, sisters to the moon. We walk with the darkness, the wolf at our side –” Willow opened her eyes and glanced at the women seated around her, her stare equal parts amusement and disdain. “Through the waterfall of power to the blackest heart of eternity.” Okaaay . . . a little strange. But strange is subjective . . . “I think we should have a bake sale.”

“I don’t know . . .”

“You guys like a bake sale right?”

Willow shifted in her seat. The flyer in the quad advertising the Wicca group seemed cool enough, though now Willow was seriously reconsidering her free membership. Well, it can’t hurt to try.

“Also, who left their scented candles dripping all over my women power shrine?”

“Well, this is good,” Willow sighed. All heads turned towards her. “I mean, this is all fun you know, but there’s also other stuff that we might show an interest in, as a Wicca group.”

“Like what?” asked a girl with red curls.

“Well, there’s the wacky notion of spells,” Willow replied. “You know, conjuring, transmutation . . .”

A quiet blonde kneeling on the floor raised her head. Her ears perked up, and she looked at Willow through the long tresses covering her face. She gazed at her, like so many times before, since the redhead had started coming to the meetings. She didn’t know who she was, let alone her name, but there was some inexplicable force that tugged at the blonde whenever her eyes fell on her.

“Oh yeah, then we could all get on our broomsticks,” the girl with the clipboard replied sarcastically. “And fly around on our broomsticks.” The rest of the group snickered.

“You know, certain stereotypes are not very empowering,” another quipped.

“I-I think that-“ The blonde was cut off swiftly, but not before catching Willow’s attention.

“One person’s energy can suck the power from an entire circle. No offense.” Willow turned to look at clipboard girl. Geez, what’s your damage?

Again, the blonde tried to interject. “Well, maybe we could, uh-“

“Yeah Tara?” Clipboard girl mockingly raised her hand. “Guys, quiet!” In a tone laced with derision, she snorted, “Do you have a suggestion?”

Tara looked around the circle, briefing locking eyes with Willow, before shaking her head and looking down.

“Ok, let’s talk about the theme for the Bacchanal,” the girl continued, satisfied that she had the attention of the group.

Willow smirked. “Bacchanal?”

Clipboard girl shot the redhead a withering look. “I’m sorry, what was your name again?”

“Uh,” she stammered, unprepared by clipboard girl’s tone of voice. “W-Willow. Rosenberg.”

“You’re new, so please, let me be the one to explain how things work around here. We worked very hard on planning this event, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that we don’t appreciate you barging in on our meeting with your snippiness and Sabrina the Teenage Witch gobbledygook.” She narrowed her eyes. “And I meant what I said about the sucking.” The girls gave her a questionable look. “ Of power?! Sucking of power!? Doesn’t anybody listen to me?”

“I-I’m sorry . . . I didn’t mean . . . “ Willow gulped. “I’m sure it’ll be great, you know . . . I just thought that . . . well, the term Bacchanal? Not the word I’d go with to describe a fancy get together.”

Tara watched the red head in awe. She had witnessed Alexis bulldoze her way through countless meetings without any opposition, and it was refreshing to see her squirm under the red head’s scrutiny.

“It means ‘festival of merrymaking.’ Is there something wrong with that?” Alexis replied acidly.

“Well, merrymaking in the form of drunken orgies, if that’s what you’re going for.” Alexis stared at her in confusion. “I’m sure the all frat boys’ll come out in force.”

Tara giggled as Alexis looked at the circle of girls. “Okay, why didn’t anyone tell me that’s what it meant? I’ve already posted all the flyers around campus!” A chorus of voices offered up explanations, none of which really made a difference.

“Oh, well, hey, look at the time. Got to get to class!” Willow got up amidst the confusion that was the Wicca group and grabbed her bag. She stole a quick glance at Tara, who had also begun gathering her things.

Willow found herself staring at the blonde, quite intrigued by her. She seemed different from the rest of group, almost as if she knew more that she let on. I wish she had finished what she was going to say, Willow thought. Noticing that her stare was bordering on stalker-ish, she turned and made her way down the hall.

“H-h-hey.” Tara fumbled with her books and papers as she tried to catch up to the red head. “That was quite a m-m-m-mess you left back there,” she said with a bright smile.

Willow was taken aback by the blonde’s prominent stutter, raising her eyebrows. Tara mistook the look on her face for disinterest and quickly distanced herself. “S-s-s-sorry, you h-h-have to get to c-c-class.”

“Oh, no, it’s alright.” Willow took a step towards Tara, leaning in chastely to whisper into her ear. “I don’t really have class,” she confessed. She didn’t notice the deep red that was spreading across the blonde’s face because of their close proximity. “I’m actually heading back to my dorm. I’m over in Stevenson. Where are you headed?”

“Oh, well, um . . . I-I-I-I’ve got W-W-W-Women’s studies over in D-D-D-Douglas Hall,” Tara stammered. Goddess Tara, get a grip, she thought to herself. She ventured a peek at Willow as they walked silently down the hall.

[Cue music: Secret by Maroon 5]

She immediately noticed the way her fiery red hair contrasted the soft features of her face, something that was not discernable from her spot on the floor. No makeup. Clear skin. Noticeable absence of blackheads, pimples and hairy moles, Tara mused. Absolutely . . . lovely. She wasn’t prepared when Willow’s green eyes turned to look at her. Quickly, Tara looked straight ahead, hoping the red head hadn’t noticed her blatant ogling.

“You know,” Willow began, “Unless I’m mistaken . . . which is 50% of the time because my sense of direction . . . or . . . lack thereof . . . I have a hard time finding my way out of bed . . . sometimes . . . anyway . . . If I were to hazard a guess, Douglas Hall, is-“ she pointed behind her, “-back there.”

“Oh . . . Right!” Tara’s embarrassment level reached an all time high. “I got . . . t-t-turned around . . . yeah . . . s-s-so, um . . . s-s-s-see you around sometime.”

“Not if I see you first,” Willow replied. Tara smiled shyly as Willow waved goodbye and continued down the hall.

TARA: (Sings as she watches Willow walk away. Tara follows her discreetly, careful not to be seen)

[blockquote]Watch the sunrise
Say your goodbyes
Off we go
Some conversation
No contemplation
Hit the road [/blockquote]

(Sees Willow greet Buffy. They walk together as they talk, and turn down another corridor. Tara quickens her pace, and peeks around the corner.)

[blockquote]Car overheats
Jump out of my seat
On the side of the highway baby
Our road is long
Your hold is strong
Please don't ever let go oh no
[/blockquote]
(Leans her head on wall, a wistful look on her face as Buffy and Willow move further and further away.)

[blockquote] I know I don't know you
But I want you so bad
Everyone has a secret
But can they keep it
Oh No they can't
[/blockquote]
(Scene shifts. Tara is now sitting in a lecture hall, way in the back.)
[blockquote]
I'm driving fast now
Don't think I know how to go slow
[/blockquote]
(She smiles, and begins doodling in her notebook)

[blockquote]bWhere you at now
I feel around
There you are
[/blockquote]
(She has written WILLOW in big red letters)
[blockquote]
Cool these engines
Calm these jets
I ask you how hot can it get
And as you wipe off beads of sweat
Slowly you say, "I'm not there yet!"
[/blockquote]
(Tara looks up as students begin to leave the hall. She picks up her stuff and heads out.)
[blockquote]
I know I don't know you
But I want you so bad
[/blockquote]
(She opens the double doors and steps into the sunlight. She makes her way through the quad, to her dorm.)
[blockquote]
Everyone has a secret
But can they keep it
Oh No they can't
[/blockquote]
(Scene shifts. A door opens, and Tara walks in, placing her books on the desk and the bag on the floor. She makes her way to the bed, sits down, and begins to take off her shoes. Tara leans back into the bed, her blonde hair splayed across the pillows. She stares at the ceiling, twirling a strand of hair on her finger, lost in thought, a dreamy look occupying her face.

She reaches over and grabs a pen from her nightstand. Holding it in front of her, she stares at it intensely, and it begins to levitate off her hand. The pen stops its upward movement and begins to erratically jerk about, sketching a picture in thin air. Tara watches as the sketch begins to form. Two eyes . . . a nose . . . lips . . . until the sketch is completed, and a picture of Willow is smiling down at her.)

[blockquote]
I know I don't know you
But I want you so bad
[/blockquote]
(Tara reaches up and touches Willow’s cheek before cradling it in the palm of her hand.)
[blockquote]
Everyone has a secret
But can they keep it
Oh No they can't
[/blockquote]

(Willow smiles, nuzzling into Tara’s palm. She turns her head to kiss Tara’s hand, before disappearing in a cloud of smoke as the music fades.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The soda machine hit the door with a resounding THUD! Both girls stared at the barricaded door, shocked at what they had just accomplished. Willow was slowly regaining her senses, and realized that she still had a death grip on the blonde’s hand. She had felt a surge of energy shoot through her when their hands connected and the soda machine flew across the room, but it had since subsided to a subtle tingling sensation. A pleasant sensation, one that she wasn’t quite sure she wanted to give up just yet.

Oh my goddess . . . did we just . . . wow . . . Tara thought as she looked at Willow, then at their joined hands. She, too, had felt the surge, and the accompanying after-tingle. Unbelievable . . .

She’s a witch? A real one? Willow thought, her breathing returning to normal. She looked at Tara, curiosity in her eyes. They stared at one another, before Tara realized just how long she had been gazing at the face before her. She quickly averted her eyes and disentangled her fingers from Willow’s hand.

Willow sensed that something wrong given the way the blonde quickly freed herself from her hand. She reached out and placed a hand on Tara’s knee. When the blonde looked up, Willow looked at her meaningfully, as if to ask if everything was okay.

Tara smiled at the redhead’s concern. She shifted her body, kicking her legs out to sit Indian style, when her foot hit Willow’s ankle. The redhead winced in pain, a silent howl escaping her lips. She instinctively grabbed the swollen area, causing even more pain. In the adrenaline rush of escaping the Gentlemen, she had forgotten that she was injured. Tears began to form in the corners of her eyes.

Tara’s eyes filled with guilt as she watched Willow struggle with her ankle. Gently Tara placed a hand on her shoulder. Willow looked up through tears, and watched as Tara slowly rubbed her palms in a circular motion, her lips moving, reciting a spell. A faint purple glow emanated from her hands and slowly she let her hands hover just above Willow’s ankle.

A delicious heat radiated from Tara’s palms. After a few minutes, the pain had subsided, and Willow let out a sigh of relief, closing her eyes and leaning her head against the wall. When she finally opened them, she saw Tara rubbing her forehead. Once again she reached out to ask if she was okay.

Tired, the blonde mouthed. She moved to seat herself next to Willow. Her fatigue was not lost on the redhead. This is more than just tired, Willow thought, realizing that fixing her ankle had taken an enormous amount of energy and concentration on the part of the blonde. Healing spells weren’t easy. They required the giving of one’s life-force to mend bodily injuries. Willow’s eyes widened at the extent of what Tara had given her.

Tara felt the familiar tingling sensation as Willow took her hand. She looked at her with drowsy eyes, surprised when the redhead patted her lap. Not understanding, Tara scrunched her eyebrows together and shook her head. Sensing her confusion, Willow pointed at the blonde’s head, then at her lap, and mouthed, Rest. You. Tara nodded, and too exhausted to feel self conscious, laid her head down on the redhead’s thigh and curled up beside her, intending to close her eyes for just a minute, but within seconds succumbed to a deep sleep.

The minutes went by as Willow watched Tara sleep, amazed at the display of power the witch had shown. I should have known, she mused, a small smile escaping her lips. It’s always the quiet ones. She stretched out her arms, and rested one protectively on Tara’s shoulder.

“If we get through this night, we’ll have some serious Sabrina gobbledygook to talk about.” Willow blinked. “Did I just say that out loud?” She heard her voice, but just to make sure . . . “ A B C D . . . Oh goddess, Buffy did it! She . . . well, duh, she’s the Slayer.” She looked down at the blonde, and gently shook her shoulder. “Tara . . . hey, can you hear me?” She became alarmed when there was no response. She began to panic. Quickly she lifted the blonde’s head off her lap and rolled her so that she was lying on her back. Willow checked her pulse, and was relieved to find a strong, steady beat. Once again, she tried to rouse her.

“Tara . . . wake up! Everything’s okay . . . I think we’re gonna be alright-” Tara murmured something unintelligible and opened her eyes a crack.

“Whu . . . huh-“

A loud crash sounded behind her, and Willow spun around, instinctively placing herself in between Tara and whatever evil might come upon her that instant.

“Hey are you okay?” Two guys Willow recognized from the dorms rushed in. One helped Willow to her feet while the other checked on Tara.

“I’m alright . . . “ She looked at Tara. “But-“

“What happened?” asked the other boy, quickly approaching Tara and assessing her condition. “Can you hear me?”

Tara groggily opened her eyes. “What’s . . . where’s W-W-W-“

“Tara,” Willow said gently, kneeling next to Tara’s head. “It’s okay, I’m right here.”

“So tired . . . can’t get up.”

“Shhhh . . . don’t try to get up. Help’s here.” She looked at the two boys. “She’s going to be alright, I just need to get her back to her dorm.” The three of them helped Tara up. Willow swung one of Tara’s arms around her neck while wrapping one of hers securely around Tara’s waist. “It’s okay sweetie, just lean on me . . . I’ll take you home.”

Sweetie? Did she just call me sweetie? Tara thought through the haziness of her mind. She felt a wave of tingles course through her body as Willow tightened her grip around her waist and began to carry them out of the room. She called me sweetie . . .

Willow was halfway down the hall when she stopped abruptly. “Uh . . . Tara?” She looked at the blonde, who had a goofy grin on her face. Willow wasn’t quite sure if she was lucid, so she said her name again.

“Huh? What?” Tara’s exhausted eyes took a while to focus on the redhead’s face.

“Where’s your dorm?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You were there looking for me?” Willow asked as she and Tara walked into the common room.

“I thought maybe we could do a spell – make people talk again?” She was absolutely glowing at the fact that the redhead had agreed to meet with her. “ I-I’d seen you in the group, the Wicca group?” They sat down across from one another. “You were . . . you were different than them. I mean they didn’t seem to know-“

“What they were talking about?” laughed Willow. Tara replied with a smile. She stared at the redhead, still not believing that she was actually here, talking to her.

“I think if they saw a witch they would run the other way,” Tara giggled. She had been so nervous prior to their meeting, wallowing in pre-conversation jitters, wondering what she would say or if she could keep the stutter in check. Oddly enough, when Willow arrived, she was a calming influence on the blonde. The jitters dissipated, and they talked with relative ease. Her eyes were glued to the redhead, drinking in her face, memorizing soft cheeks, green eyes and moist lips, not knowing if and when she’d get to see them again. She felt her heart start racing, and quickly looked down, hoping that her action would prevent the muscle from exploding. She began to fiddle with the pen in her hand.

“How long have you been practicing?” Willow asked.

“Always, I mean, since I um, was little . . . my, my mom used to . . . .She um, she had a lot of power-“ Tara hesistated for a split second, “-like you.”

Willow was genuinely surprised at the comment. “Oh I’m not . . . I don’t have much in the way of power. Really, I mean most of my potions come out soup. Besides . . . spells going awry, friends in danger . . . I’m definitely nothing special.”

Not missing a beat, Tara replied, “No, you are.” Goddess, did I say that out loud? She looked at Willow shyly, and was surprised to see her smiling widely. Smiles were, of course, contagious, and Tara felt a grin of her own spreading across her face. Yes, I did say that out loud, and look, you got a big goofy Willow smile in return.

“I never did get to thank you for the spell you did on my ankle . . . I mean, I tried to, that night, but you were all ‘coma girl’ after I dropped you off.” She looked meaningfully at Tara. “Were you okay, afterwards? I mean, I was a little worried that you wouldn’t . . . well, wake up.”

“I actually wasn’t expecting to get so run down afterwards,” Tara replied. “If it wasn’t for you, I’d probably still be passed out in the laundry room.” Tara paused. “I was okay though . . . slept through most of the night . . . er, what was left of it. I woke up with a little headache, but with pretty much all my fine motor skills and language abilities intact.”

Willow nodded her head. “I know what it took to do that, and I appreciate it and all . . . considering . . . since we don’t quite know each other all that well . . . which . . . I hope . . . can change?” Willow waited for the blonde’s reaction, and was happy to see Tara nod enthusiastically.

“I’d really like that.”

“Cool! I was hoping you could teach me some stuff. And I can share what little I know . . . I’m just a baby in Wiccan terms . . .”

“I’m sure we can learn a lesson or two from each other,” Tara replied excitedly, her mind overflowing with the possibilities.

Willow glanced at the wall on the clock and frowned. She sighed. “I have to go . . . I’ve got class like, three minutes ago.” As she spoke, she pulled out a pen and jotted something down on a piece of paper. “Here’s my number. Maybe we can meet tonight? Or tomorrow maybe? How about this weekend? How about I stop asking questions long enough for you to give me an answer?” she droned as she handed Tara her number.

Tara laughed at Willow’s stream of vocal consciousness. She had also written her number down. “Well, yes, yes, and yes. Take your pick. I’m not much of a social butterfly, so my nights and weekends are pretty much at your disposal.”

“Okay, well, you could give me a call, or . . . or I could give you call . . . “

“That’s usually how it w-w-w-works.” Tara’s stutter caught her off guard as their fingeritps touched when she handed her the slip of paper.

[Cue music: Last few bars of ‘Secret’]

Whoa . . . tingling . . . my finger is . . . tingling, Willow thought as she bid Tara goodbye and was off to class.

TARA: (as Willow walks away)

[blockquote]I know I don't know you
But I want you so bad

Everyone has a secret
But can they keep it
Oh No they can't

(Willow turns around, and smiles back at Tara, waving before continuing down the hall. Tara smiles, and waves back.)[/blockquote]

Last edited by Foomatic on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:54 am, edited 21 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic - "She's Got A Way"
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:46 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

This is brilliant :clap I really like the parts with the song and Willow and Tara are so sweet, I can't wait to read the next part.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:33 am 
5. Willowhand

Oh, I like the idea of the in between time of the episodes. Cool addition with the musical idea. I'll be awaiting your next update.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:40 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Okay....so usually I wait until after I've finished reading the whole update before I post feedback...but in this case I wasn't able to resist. :lol

I've only read up until the the soda machine and I'm already In love with this fic... :-D and the song part with Maroon 5..... I actually have that Cd so when it got to that part I popped it in and pushed play...and oh my goodness.... It was soooo cool to hear the music and read the montage at the same time. You wrote it so well that I could just picture everything perfectly....almost like I was watching a movie :lol And just before I got to the part where you began writing in the lyrics I was saying to myself, I wish there were lyrics so I'd know which part of the song went where :-D And then there they were. .....anyway...yeah, I just stopped reading to say all that...so um....now I'll go back and finish reading :-D

good job thus far

Okay....I'm back. :geek I'm so glad that you started writing this, because the other day I was wondering when there was going to be another wonderful behind the scenes fic (I've always loved them) I like how you've managed to keep all of the major parts from the show, but have given us the little things that were missed; like thier internal dialogues and scenes and stuff that were never presented on the show. I'ts always interesting to see the many different ways things could have happend through the eyes of a most talented writer such as yourself.

And ....I think you've hit on a new style of writting (songfics aside...because when I read songfics I don't get the same type of feeling of connectedness that I got when I read your story). I've often wanted to suggest a bit of music that had inspired a certain update in my own writings but I didn't really think it would work all that well, but you proven me wrong. :-D

I really, truly, strongly, hope that you contine with this marvoulous tale...

Thank you for sharing.

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:24 am 
2. Floating Rose

:bounce This fic is really good! I especially loved the part where Tara was singing and following where Willow went on the campus. I could picture everything in my mind easily, it was just like I was watching it on tv or something. I can't wait for the next part! :applause The story's awesome so far. :-D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:16 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay! That was great! I haven't read a season 4 fic that wasn't AU in so long, and I am excited to read this one now!!!! Yay! :applause

I thought the song was definately well-placed and not at all
Quote:
corny

like you worried it might be. A la Moulin Rouge is definately not a bad thing.

Keep writing!!

-Alyssa

"I'm gonna do my best swan dive into shark-infested waters/ I'm gonna pull out my tampon and start splashing around/ 'Cause I don't care if they eat me alive/ I've got better things to do than survive/ I've got a memory of your warm skin in my hands/ And I've got a vision of blue sky and dry land" - Ani Difranco

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:34 am 
2. Floating Rose

The whole 'behind the scenes' idea is cool! I especially like the fact that Tara and Willow actually met before the Gentlemen! Now I'm usually not much of a songfic person but I decided "what the heck?" and legally (hehe) downloaded the song, and it totally matched the mood I felt that they felt that you clearly felt that matched what they felt or else you wouldn't have put in there in the first place, so cool! Can't wait for the next update! :party

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:59 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Season 4 is one of my favorite in the Willow/Tara timeline, probably because I'm such a romantic and love watching people fall in love. Your story's great so far; I've read several behind-the-scenes stories about season 4, and will never tire of reading more. Can't wait to read the next part. :)

-Tiffany

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:59 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Thank you everyone for humoring me!

Shortstuff: I'm glad you enjoyed!

Willow-Rosenberg: I've often wondered what happened in between each episode, and wondered about how they really got together. There are some great fics about it, this is just my version. Thanks for reading!

Miss Kittys Ball O Yarn:

Quote:
It was soooo cool to hear the music and read the montage at the same time. You wrote it so well that I could just picture everything perfectly....almost like I was watching a movie

That was the plan! I'm very much a visual person so I tried to describe the scene as best as I could and keep time with the song. Music is very powerful, and what's a love story without love songs?

Quote:
It's always interesting to see the many different ways things could have happend through the eyes of a most talented writer such as yourself.

Aw, you flatter me! With comments like that how could I not go on?

negraoreo: I'm glad that you were able to visualize the song part. I spent most of my time on that part, playing the song over and over again to get it juuuuuuuuuust right. Thanks again for reading!

irene73: It's a bit daunting sometimes to put your two cents on a board that has so many great stories, but I had this floating in my head for a while so . . . voila! Being a visual person, I find it hard to put stuff into words sometimes, so I'm glad that the story didn't seem too disjointed. Thank you for your feedback!

watersong: Corniness aside . . . or . . . not so corny . . . um, yeah :x . . . I wasn't sure wasn't sure if I was communicating the idea of the song properly because I don't write a lot, my thoughts being seen rather than read. Music is going to be a major component of this story, so thanks for that added encouragement!

WillowTaraGaiden:

Quote:
it totally matched the mood I felt that they felt that you clearly felt that matched what they felt or else you wouldn't have put in there in the first place,

It took me a while to wrap my head around that one, but I think I hear what your saying! :-D Oh, and I'm glad you downloaded the song 'legally'!

Dazed and Confused83: I love season 4 as well, for the same reason. Thanks for reading!

Okay guys, I am diligently working on part 2. Hopefully it will be up within the week. Once again, thanks for taking the time to read my little story. Have a happy day!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:33 pm 
2. Floating Rose

ooohh yippy! i've always has a bit of a soft spot for in-between and behind the scenes stories, espeically those from season 4. this is is no different, i already love it. and the song fit in very well i think. update soonish??
~Bug

"And what? Go up to her and say:
'Hey your cute, wanna boink?' " - Me at MBLGTACC 2005

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:57 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

This story is getting good and only the first chapter :bow
Keep up the great work and update soon pleaseee :-D

Post subject: Re: New Fic - "She's Got A Way" Update 6/27
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:24 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Summary: Missing scene from "A New Man." Once again there is a musical inner monologue, so if you have the song, play it while you read! Hehe, the story is interactive like that!

SHE'S GOT A WAY

Part II: Learning to Breathe

“Willow?” Tara asked.

“Yeah?”

“Start out slow doing what?”

Willow opened her eyes, embarrassed that in her eagerness to do the spell, she had forgotten to tell Tara exactly what it was they were doing. “Oh, we’re gonna float the rose, then use the magics to pluck the petals off, one at a time. It’s a test of synchronicity. Our minds have to be perfectly attuned to work as a single delicate implement.”

It had been two weeks since their encounter with the Gentlemen. The pair had met a few times since then, and had gotten to know one another little by little. This, however, was their first attempt at a spell.

“And it should be very pretty,” Willow finished.

Tara nodded, and placed her hands in Willow’s outstretched palms. She smiled at the familiar tingling sensation running through their joined hands, and concentrated on the rose. After a few seconds, the circle of sand Tara drew on the floor began to glow white. A light breeze filled the room, and suddenly, the rose began to shudder, before rising in the air.

Both women opened their eyes, smiling in satisfaction.

“It worked,” Tara whispered.

Willow nodded in agreement. “Now for the hard part. The petals.”

Before they could turn their attention to the levitating rose, the flower suddenly shot up and began wildly flying across the room, ricocheting off the walls a few times before zooming towards the two witches. Ducking swiftly, they watched as the rose took a nosedive into the center of the sand circle.

“What the heck was that?!” Willow exclaimed. The rose was reduced to a smoking stem, the petals strewn all over the floor.

“I don’t know, but, uh, the petals are off.” Tara giggled.

After cleaning up the unsuccessful spell, the two sat down and began to talk. Tara wanted to learn as much as she could about Willow: her likes, her dislikes, her friends, her life. Willow told her about the Scoobies and their various exploits and was glad that Tara didn’t bat an eye at the mention of vampires, demons, and the Hellmouth.

“This one time, at the cemetery, my boyfriend Oz and I-“she stopped suddenly.

Boyfriend? thought Tara, her face falling. “Y-y-you have a b-b-boyfriend?” she willed herself to say.

“I mean, ex-boyfriend. I kinda forget to call him that sometimes.”

The ‘ex’ part comforted Tara a little. “What h-happened?” Tara asked gently. She saw the look on Willow’s face and quickly added, “You don’t have to answer that.”

“No, it’s okay. Talking about it is good right?” She shifted in her seat and took a deep breath before continuing. She told her about how they met, their struggles with the wolf inside him, Veruca, and finally the break up. To her amazement, she didn’t cry. The hurt was still there, but very faint.

“You know, this is the first time I’ve talked about Oz and not been reduced to a sobbing mess.” She looked at Tara, and was comforted by her blue eyes. There’s something about her . . .

“I’m sorry you had to go through that. It must have been really hard,” the blonde said quietly, reaching out and giving Willow’s hand a gentle squeeze.

“It’s much better now. I’ve been having such a great time just hanging out with you that I don’t even think about Oz that much anymore.”

Truthfully, Willow was just grateful to have anybody to spend time with. Buffy was always in and out, with Riley occupying much of her time nowadays. Xander was always working, and when he wasn’t, he was usually with Anya doing . . . well, it. Not to mention, her two best friends were always flippant when she talked about Oz. She had heard the “get over it and move on” speech way too many times, and was thankful that Tara sat and listened quietly, passing no judgment, her concern for the redhead evident. The comfort that Tara offered afforded her a sense of calm she hadn’t felt in a while.

“Thanks Tara,” Willow said simply.

Surprised and confused, Tara replied, “Thanks? For what?”

“For being you,” Tara smiled shyly at the comment. “For being here and being all ‘active listening girl.’” Willow paused, thinking for a minute. “I had all these expectations, you know, about going to college and stuff? It’s supposed to be a time of change and growth, right? But lately it seems . . . it’s just not the change I was going for. I mean, the only change that’s happening is that we’re growing apart . . . the Scoobies I mean. Buffy and Xander, I barely see them anymore. And Giles? Who knew he had such an active love life?” She sighed. “It’s like the only time any of us are together anymore is when there’s impending doom. La la la, save the world, la la la , see ya later, gotta boink my significant other.” She paused for a second, then continued. “I guess with all the evil brewing around here and the constant threat of apocalypse, it makes you realize you shouldn’t take love for granted. And with Oz being gone . . . doesn’t make it easier. But, you know, that’s where you come in.” Willow brightened up a bit before going completely red. “I mean, I don’t want to boink you or anything . . . not that you’re not boinkable . . . I’m sure you’ve got all sorts of people lined up ready to boink you . . .” Tara’s face flushed at the thought of 'boinking' Willow. “ . . . I meant that it’s nice, you know, to have someone . . . again. To talk to. To share stuff with. Am I making any sense?”

“More than you know,” Tara replied. They gave each other knowing smiles, and sat quietly together. After a few moments, Willow noticed that they were still holding hands. She looked down, and felt Tara gently massaging the back of her hand with her thumb. The tingling was there again, but this time it flew through her hand and into her stomach, the familiar butterfly sensation confusing her. What’s going on? Why are you . . . She drew in a breath before looking at Tara.

The blonde just smiled, and gave her hand a light squeeze before letting go. Willow managed to relax a little now that they weren’t touching. “I understand what you’re saying. I didn’t exactly have a good home life. My mother p-p-p-passed away when I was seventeen, and high school was pretty miserable, so after graduation I got up and moved here. Haven’t looked back since.”

Willow felt a wave of guilt pass over her. “Geez Tara, I’m sorry. Here I am babbling about my life, when I’ve barely asked you about yours.”

“There’s not much to say . . . I had one really good friend growing up, but, you know, high school sometimes changes that. I just couldn’t quite master that coolness factor I guess,” she chuckled softly. “Other than that, I didn’t have very many friends. My m-m-mom was pretty much it, and when she passed . . . it was a t-t-tough time. I wasn’t close with my father or my brother, so I had to fend for myself,” She took a breath. “It was good though, you know? It taught me to depend on myself, since that’s all I really had. I worked hard at school, and the scholarship I got was my ticket out.” Willow nodded, and Tara continued. “I got here and it was a fresh start. A chance to evolve, you know? So I joined the Wicca group . . . granted, they were a bunch of wanna blessed bes . . . but I felt like I belonged. Then of course, you came along.” She flashed a smile at the redhead. “I think you’re r-r-really great. And a witch to boot!”

Willow returned the smile, and soon the conversation drifted to other tooics. Willow marveled at the woman in front of her. They had barely known each other two weeks, and already she felt like she’d known her her whole life. She felt connected to the woman, in a way that she couldn’t describe, nor understand. She was different from anyone she had ever known. She’s special, Willow thought. And I could probably spend the rest of my life finding out why.

The night wore on, and neither woman had tired of talking. Tara couldn’t get enough of the redhead, savoring every word that escaped her lips. Slowly, through the course of the evening, a thought had dawned on her. She felt sadness at the revelation, but acknowledged it nonetheless. From the moment she’d laid eyes on her, Tara had hoped that Willow would be some passing crush. She didn’t expect that the redhead would actually talk to her, let alone hang out. Now, she dreaded the feelings that were creeping up from her heart and into her mind. I’m falling for her, Tara thought. I’m falling for this amazing and beautiful . . . and straight woman. She pushed the notion out of her mind. Please don’t go there. Not now. Not now that we’re becoming friends. Friends, Tara. Just . . . friends.

“Wow, is . . . is that the sun?” Willow asked as a faint light began to stream in through the window. “What time is it?”

Tara looked at the clock. “It’s 6:44. Time flies, huh?”

“No kidding. I gotta go. Thank the goddess I don’t have class until noon.” Willow got up and started to gather her things. “Tara?” She turned to the blonde, and gave her a hug. The blonde was not prepared for the embrace, and nearly melted at the closeness of their bodies. They stood there, arms around each other.

Willow felt her pulse quicken at the touch of the blonde. Confused at her body’s reaction, she quickly detached herself from Tara. “I had a great time tonight . . . er, this morning,” she said timidly.

“M-m-me too,” she managed to sputter, still reeling from the redhead’s touch. Willow looked at the blonde, and noticed the deep crimson color of her ears.

“Tara, your ears are all red, are you cold?” She asked with concern.

“Oh, uh, yeah, it’s kind of nipply. NIPPY!” Her sudden change of voice startled Willow. “I meant nippy, as in cold, as in not hot, as in, I’m tired and I’m starting to babble like you.” Willow laughed.

[Cue music: Learning to Breathe, by Switchfoot]

“Hey! I’ve been told that my babbling can be quite endearing sometimes.” She opened the door and stepped out in the hall. “So I’ll see ya later then? Maybe we can hook up today after class?” She felt giddy at the prospect of spending more time with Tara.

“Yeah, just give me call.” Tara replied enthusiastically. She watched the redhead walk down the hall before going back into her dorm.

By the time Willow had walked out the main door and into the quad, the sun was shining brightly, welcoming the morning.

WILLOW: (Sings as she walks across the quad, looking up at the sky, smiling)

Hello, good morning, how you do?
What makes your rising sun so new?

(She turns and glances up at Tara’s window.)

I could use a fresh beginning too
All of my regrets are nothing new

(Tara is there watching, and she waves at Willow.)

(Waving back) So this is the way that I say I need you
This is the way
This is the way

(Willow turns and continues walking.)

That I'm learning to breathe
I'm learning to crawl
I'm finding that you and you alone can break my fall
I'm living again, awake and alive
I'm dying to breathe in these abundant skies

(Scene shifts. Willow is in her dorm, sitting on the bed)

Hello, good morning, how you been?
Yesterday left my head kicked in

(She glances over to a picture of her and Oz pinned to the wall next to her bed.)

I never, never thought that
I would fall like that
Never knew that I could hurt this bad

(Willow takes the picture off the wall and walks to her desk. She opens a drawer, puts the picture in and closes it.)

I'm learning to breathe
I'm learning to crawl

(She climbs into bed.)

These abundant skies

(Lays on her side, opens her hand to reveal a rose petal.)

Yeah

Abundant skies

(Scene shifts. Tara is sitting on the floor. She sees the rose stem leftover from the spell, and picks it up.)

Yeah

TARA: (Focusing on the rose while singing)

So this is the way that I say I need you

(The rose begins to glow)

This is the way that I say I love you

(A bud begins to sprout)

This is the way that I say I'm yours

(It continues to blossom, until it becomes a full flower.)

This is the way, this is the way

WILLOW AND TARA TOGETHER: (Shot of Willow in bed and Tara sitting in her room with the rose.)

That I'm learning to breathe
I'm learning to crawl
Dying to breath in these abundant skies

(Willow closes her fingers around the rose petal. She sighs, and reaches over to set her alarm. Curling up in her blankets, she closes her eyes to sleep.
Tara stands in the middle of her room, looking at the rose. She brings it to her nose, smelling it, then places it on her desk before getting into bed as the music fades.)

Tired now. Going night night. :blush

Last edited by Foomatic on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:07 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

hehe, Niiiiiiiiiiiccccce update. and this part..

Quote:
“Oh, uh, yeah, it’s kind of nipply. NIPPY!”
had me :lol

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:49 pm 
3. Flaming O

I absouletly adore this story.

Quote:
This one time, at the cemetery, my boyfriend Oz and I-“she stopped suddenly.

That so reminded me of American pie. This one time , at band camp.... :devil
I can't wait for the next update.

Christina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:03 pm 
2. Floating Rose

:banana :banana :bounce :bounce :eatme :eatme
I abso-fricken-lutely loved this update!! :applause I can't pick out just one single favorite thing from it...everything was just so good!! :-D The whole thing about the boinking was just too funny! I was laughing out loud and people around me kept lookin at me funny...but oh well!, how could I not laugh?...anyways, the song you used was perfect for the whole scene with them and I loved how you made it into kinda like a duet. It was an excellent idea. Keep up the writing...I'll be waiting for more. :wave

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:51 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Awww, both of them, Willow with the rose petal and Tara witht the stem- turned-flower again... so sweet! They're both with the shyness right now, which I love! Did I mention the babble? Priceless, and right on cue, especially when Tara babbled! Hehe, do continue!! :party

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:03 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay! That was so cute! It's only been two updates and already I am craving this fic! :applause

I'm mad at myself, though, cause I don't have that song so I couldn't listen to it while reading like I did with Maroon 5, but I could still imagine the scene. It's so impressive how you really do illustrate the motions of a movie or a music video, but I also like that the fic is not *only* music-based.

Yay! Update soon! :bounce

-Alyssa

"I'm gonna do my best swan dive into shark-infested waters/ I'm gonna pull out my tampon and start splashing around/ 'Cause I don't care if they eat me alive/ I've got better things to do than survive/ I've got a memory of your warm skin in my hands/ And I've got a vision of blue sky and dry land" - Ani Difranco

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:11 pm 
2. Floating Rose

:sleepy Gods, I'm so tired, but I have to say something! This fic is awesome! Ya know, when you said you were going to write a kind of musical I thought it would be awfully silly like Once More With Feeling. I don't even particularly Moulin Rouge, but you've managed to surprise me. It's not silly, it's deep, romantic and so damn cute! Love it!

Quote:
“Well, merrymaking in the form of drunken orgies, if that’s what you’re going for.” Alexis stared at her in confusion. “I’m sure the all frat boys’ll come out in force.”

This just cracked me up! I laughed so hard that I almost fell of my chair. It's incredible how I love Greek Mythology but I never even thought to associate Hush's Bacchanal quote with Bacchus. Thanks for pointing that out so I'll have a laugh every time I watch this episode from now on.

I loved your music selection so far, music is my favorite inspiration for writing. When I read that the name of the second chap was Learning to Breath I almost squealed (and that would've been ugly, believe me), this is one of my most favorite song. Switchfoot doesn't rock, it boulders! :bounce I specially like the songs used on A Walk To Remember's soundtrack. Beautiful songs for a beautiful movie.

It's writings like yours that really inspire me. I'm just a rookie writer, but I know a good fanfic when I see one. Yours is most definitely it. I can only hope to be able to capture a scene in words the way you did. Wonderful work, I can't wait for more.

Rob

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" - Ephesians 6:12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:16 pm 
19. Yummy Face

I just read these two updates today, and I hope you continue. I love W/T meeting and falling in love fics.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:19 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Summary: An scene after "A New Man" but before "The I in Team." Again, play the song if you've got it

SHE'S GOT A WAY

Part III: Main Title

“Can you hear me now?” It was late, and in the darkness of the hallway Willow made her way to her dorm.

“Okay, can you hear me now?” Willow said again, now only halfway to her door. She had garnered strange looks from a pair of students who had just turned the corner and walked past her. They noticed that she wasn’t on a cell phone and there was no one else in the hall for her to be speaking to.

“Hold on a sec,” Willow whispered, fishing for her keys. She unlocked the door and stepped inside. “Can you hear me now?” She paused as she closed the door behind her. “That’s so cool! Now for the real test.”

“Willow?” Buffy turned on the light, causing the redhead to shriek in fright.

“Don’t do that!” the redhead exclaimed.

“Do what? Turn on the light and say your name cause it’s really dark-" she glanced at the clock “- and really, really late?”

Willow?! Are you okay?! Tara’s voice blared in Willow’s head, making her jump again.

“It worked!” she whispered increduously.

“What worked?” Buffy asked, now concerned at the strange way her friend was acting.

“Oh . . . um, the lights . . . I changed the bulb today and uh . . . I thought I put the wrong kind in . . . but there it is! All with the incandescence and what have you.” Buffy eyed her warily.

“Ooookay. Listen, I’ve got an exam tomorrow morning that I didn’t study for, so I’m gonna need plenty of rest to fail it. Try not to make too much noise, okay?” She glanced at Willow, who was still standing in the same position, staring at the wall with a spaced out look on her face. “Willow?”

“What? Oh, did you say something?”

“Are you okay?”

“Oh . . . I’m fine. Finey McFine Fine. So . . . yeah, goodnight!”

Sorry Tara, she thought as she changed and got ready for bed. Buffy was babbling to me about something. What did you say . . . er, think? Thought? What’s the correct term for this?

Um, telepathed? Does that sound right? I don’t think we should complicate it with labels,
the blonde replied. She was lying on her bed, in her dorm, halfway across campus. I was just . . . um, saying, that I think we’ve broken a distance record with this spell.

Not to mention that we don’t even have to talk out loud. All it takes is projecting my thoughts to you! Which is good cause talking out loud when no one’s there kinda makes you look . . . oh I don’t know . . . crazy.
Willow pulled the blanket off her bed and laid down on her back.

How much time do we have Willow?

Well, we cast the spell at midnight and it’s 12:25 now, so I’m guessing another five minutes?

This has got to be, hands down, one of the coolest spells we’ve done!
Both women stared the ceiling, arms behind their heads. So yeah, Tara continued, are we going to meet up tomorrow?

Of course! was Willow’s enthusiastic reply. Let’s see, I have class at ten and you have English Lit at eleven. You don’t get out until noon . . . oh, but you said you have to meet with your advisor afterward, right? That’ll take, what, an hour you think? So then after that you go straight to Women’s Studies- Willow continued reciting Tara’s schedule. The blonde was flattered that Willow knew where she would be at precisely what time.

–so then when class ends at 3:10 and if you’re out in the quad by 3:15 like you usually are, give or take a few seconds, we can have a late lunch. Sound good? There was silence. Tara? Her query was answered by a faint giggle. Is that you laughing? What are you laughing about?

If I didn’t know better, Willow Rosenberg, I’d think you were stalking me.

Willow blushed at the comment. I’m not stalking you! I just . . . happen to know . . . where you are at all times. I mean anything can happen! Earthquake, bubonic plague, it could rain frogs! In a serious and worried tone, Tara, it could rain frogs, and I wouldn’t know where you were! Do you understand the irony of that?

Um, no, I don’t actually.

Good, cause neither do I. What was I talking about again?

Tara laughed. Your personal Tara timetable. You know, as a great a stalker as you are, you forgot to pencil in the Wicca Group at 3:30 tomorrow.

Tara, for the life of me, I will never understand why you still go the meetings.

I know. But I made a commitment, and the Bacchanal is coming up in a few days, so it’s crunch time right now. Somehow I got elected head of the decoration committee. Don’t ask.
She paused for a moment, stifling a yawn. So tell me Willow, can your timetable tell what time I’ll be catching z’s tonight?

Oh, am I keeping you up? I can stop . . . uh, thinking . . . if you want.

I am a little tired. So meet up for dinner then, instead of lunch?

Sounds like a plan. I’ll call you.

What was that? I can barely hear you.

Guess the spell is wearing off. I'LL CALL YOU!

Geez you don't have to . . . think so loud. So I guess this is good-bye then?

Nope, not goodbye. Good night.

The blonde couldn’t help by smile. Good night Will.

Good night Tar. I feel like I should be hanging up an imaginary phone or something.
She paused, waiting for a response. Tara? Willow looked at the clock. 12:30 am, on the dot. The spell had run its course.

She snuggled down into her bed, mulling over the last few days. She and Tara had been pretty much inseparable, casting spells together whenever they could, talking over coffee at the Expresso Pump. From the time she got up in the morning to her last moment of consciousness before drifting off to sleep at night, Willow only of thought of Tara. What she was doing. Where she was. What they were going to do when they hung out. She couldn’t imagine going a day without seeing her, being that she was rapidly becoming a permanent fixture in her life.

Geez Will, maybe you are stalking the poor girl, she mused. I do like her company. I mean, we spend practically every waking minute together. It’s cause . . . cause . . . she’s really cool. Right? She makes me feel . . . special . . . oohh, and when we touch I get all tingly . . . Willow stiffened at the notion. Is that supposed to happen all the time? I mean, I thought it was just the magics, but it happens even when we don’t do the magics.

Willow sat upright in bed, her brain pacing back and forth in her head. We’re friends. Good friends who like to hang out a lot. We hug. Friends hug. I hug Buffy. I hug Xander. Hell, I even hug Anya. With a start, she realized how much she was trying to convince herself that she only had friendly feelings towards Tara. Stop it. Just stop. You two are just friends. She willed herself to believe her own words, hoping that it would stop the panic that was rising from her chest, but it was no use. You’re forgetting something, Will. She sighed. When she touches you . . . when she touches me . . . I don’t want her to stop.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I feel like hanging up a phone too. She paused. Willow? Tara craned her head to look at the clock. 12:30 AM, on the dot. The spell had run its course.

She smiled to herself. The last few days had been amazing. Spending time with Willow made her feel alive again. Willow made her feel like she mattered, made her feel like she was a somebody, not poor backwards Tara who stuttered and was brushed aside. Thinking of Willow always made her heart swell, but when the waves came crashing down it left a deep aching inside. Her heart could flutter and do flips and send delicious sensations through her body when Willow was near, but her mind was always quick to squash those feelings. She doesn’t feel that way about you, Tara or She just feels sorry for you, Tara. But the most persistant one: She’s straight Tara. That was the end all be it all. Just when you thought all hope was lost, Tara went and fell for a straight girl. Hope wasn’t lost . . . oh no, it was obliterated.

But with even with all the heartache, Tara couldn’t deny the way she had fallen so deeply for the redhead.

[Cue music: She’s Got A Way, by Billy Joel]

“I’m in love with Willow Rosenberg,“ she said simply.

TARA: (sits up in bed and brings her knees to her chest, resting her chin on her knees.)

She's got a way about her
I don't know what it is
But I know that I can't live without her

She's got a way of pleasin'
I don't know what it is
But there doesn't have to be a reason
Anyway

(Scene shifts. Willow is smiling and talking animatedly to Tara at the Expresso Pump as Tara continues to sing)

She's got a smile that heals me
I don't know what it is
But I have to laugh when she reveals me

She's got a way of talkin'
I don't know what it is
But it lifts me up when we are walkin'
Anywhere

(Scene shifts. Tara and Willow are watching a movie in Tara’s room, eating popcorn from a bowl in between them.)

TARA (VOICEOVER):

(Tara throws a piece of popcorn at Willow)

She comes to me when I'm feelin' down

(Willow in turn dumps the bowl on her head, laughing hysterically)

Inspires me without a sound
She touches me and I get turned around

(They wrestle playfully.)

She's got a way of showin'
How I make her feel

(Willow winds up on top of Tara, laughing. They look at each other.)

And I find the strength to keep on goin'

(Their smiles fade, and the gaze intensifies.)

She's got a light around her
And everywhere she goes
A million dreams of love surround her

(Suddenly Willow tickles Tara, then smashes a pillow in her face)

Everywhere

(Scene shifts. Tara is studying in her room. She hears a knock and answers the door. It’s Willow, and she proceeds to puts a beer hat on Tara with milk cartons in the holders.)

She comes to me when I'm feelin' down

(Then she hands her plate of cookies.)

Inspires me without a sound
She touches me and I get turned around

(Tara just stands there, confused. Willow pats her gently on the face, and walks into the room. Tara turns to look at her. She is smiling profusely at Tara,)

She's got a smile that heals me
I don't know what it is

(Scene shifts back to Tara in her room, sitting on the bed hugging her knees.)

But I have to laugh when she reveals me

TARA (SINGING):

She's got a way about her
I don't know what it is
But I know that I can't live without her
Anyway

Burned the midnight oil for you guys. Sorry for any mistakes or typos :-D

Last edited by Foomatic on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:37 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:19 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Sorry, I wanted to log in a few hours sleep before hitting the feedback for the feedback.

Miss Kittys Ball O Yarn: I'd glad you liked!

Irene73:

Quote:
"Something in the way she wrties...attracts me like no other reader...something in the way she phrases...I can't stop reading now...you know It's simply...wow."

You're asking me will I write more
That's for sure
That's for sure

Stick around this fic'll grow
That I know
That I know

:bounce :bounce

Actually since you asked, you can call me Foo . . . kind of a nickname I got in college. Thanks for your fantabulous feedback, it really, truly motivates to me stay up way too late to write more. :-D

cperrins78: Yup, I was totally channeling Michelle Flaherty there!

negraoreo: Yay! Thanks for reading, I promise a lot more to come!

WillowTaraGaiden: Shyness now, angst coming up soon.

watersong84: That sucks that you didn't have the song. (coughs into hand) downloadit. :-D

a-rob: I was worried that the whole musical thing was going to come off corny, so I'm glad that you liked it. And Switchfoot definitely boulders! I'm considering a couple of their songs for future chapters. Music pretty much drives this fic, so I'm glad the songs are fitting the mood. Thanks for reading!

therose24: I definitely have more in store for our dynamic duo. Thanks for reading!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:49 pm 
5. Willowhand

Totally missed the middle update, but saw that you posted in the update thread for this one. Still loving how you're fleshing out the in between time. You had me LOL with the Tara-boinking babble that Willow went on. I could totally picture Aly delivering that line, her eyes going wide as she realized what she said and then nervously babbling the rest of it. Aly has the cutest mannerisms and you capture them so well. I also like how you're showing Tara coming out of her shell a bit with Willow. Also, nice gradual realization for Willow that she will definitely be more-than-friends with Tara. Great updates.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:53 pm 
2. Floating Rose

This is getting cuter with every chapter. Really, it's interesting how you made this into a musical, but it's not only about music, it has story, background and the music is used to express their feelings on the situation. And points for no silly dancing around. Congratulations on this great piece of writing! :clap

The songs are greatly chosen, this last one was wonderful and left me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside :x I can't wait to see the next one. Boo ya for you!

Rob

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" - Ephesians 6:12

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:56 pm 
2. Floating Rose

This is getting cuter with every chapter. Really, it's interesting how you made this into a musical, but it's not only about music, it has story, background and the music is used to express their feelings on the situation. And points for no silly dancing around. Congratulations on this great piece of writing! :clap

The songs are greatly chosen, this last one was wonderful and left me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside :x I can't wait to see the next one. Boo ya for you!

Rob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:01 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Great update! :applause

I'm so mad, though, cause I also don't have that song and i am using a computer that sucks and can't really download things...at all. But I got the gist of it.

That was so cute! Update Soon! :bounce

-Alyssa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:52 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Oh no, ANGST! Actually, I made an angst-kit for myself, in it is a big box of tissues, lots of good fluids, yummy to the tummy foods and happy pillows to squeeze! Anyway, onto the feedback! The telepathy spell worked! For a second I was afraid that each would hear what the other had thought after the spell had supposedly worn down... I was momentarily frightened! But all is good right now, and the song was a wonderful choice, of course! I can't can't wait at all for the next update! I'm extremely looking forward to it! I hope this feedback will keep you burning your midnight fuel for us... or at least your 10 o'clock fuel! :party

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:55 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hey there,
Your fic is very very sweet. I like the way you've done the music. In this one the thinking/telepathy spell was very cool. I kept thinking that the link wouldn't be totally severed (makes me think of the Knights of Hack-n-shash) and that Tara would hear Willow thinking all that stuff. Gee that would have been cool huh? Very sweet and you're writing quickly which is always a plus.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:20 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

irene73:

Quote:
We make a pretty good parody team...No?

:-D I concur wholeheartedly!! :-D

This song pretty much inspired the whole story. Simple words with a simple melody, but it packs a powerful emotional punch.

Quote:
How sweet that Willow know her schedule so well. Ah I feel a connection between them...

That connection is definitely there, but Willow's kinda struggling to figure it out . . . until, of course, the next update!

Looking forward to your next song parody!

Willow~Rosenberg:

Quote:
Also, nice gradual realization for Willow that she will definitely be more-than-friends with Tara.

Cool, I'm glad that came across. This is going to be a slow process for her and it's going to take something big to make her realize how she really feels. (hehe, spoiler much?)

A-Rob:

Quote:
And points for no silly dancing around.

Oh, well, um . . . (quickly deletes big Broadway singing and dancing number complete with scantily clad women and pyrotechnics from next update) :-D

Quote:
The songs are greatly chosen, this last one was wonderful and left me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.

Yay! That's how I want people to feel after reading. It's such a sweet song, and it tugs just the right heart strings without being too cheesy, which, by the way, if the songs start to get cheesy, please, let me know. I can't stand cheesy love songs, I avoid them like the plague.

watersong84:

Quote:
'm so mad, though, cause I also don't have that song

Guess I'll just have to send you the official "She's Got A Way" Soundtrack!

WillowTaraGaiden and Graceland:

Quote:
For a second I was afraid that each would hear what the other had thought after the spell had supposedly worn down... I was momentarily frightened!

I kept thinking that the link wouldn't be totally severed (makes me think of the Knights of Hack-n-shash) and that Tara would hear Willow thinking all that stuff.

I was in a bit of a rut while writing this cause I had the exact same dilemma, but I opted not to have them hear their thoughts about each other. When they find out they're head over heels for each other, it's going to be face to face (easier to get the smoochies on that way, don't you think?)

Thanks everyone for your fantabulous feedback. These 3 chapters have been quite a whirlwind for me, so I'm going to be taking my time on the next one. It's going to be a pivotal chapter, and I want to make sure I get it right before posting it. So until then Kittens . . .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:28 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Ah, just got back from vacation and I come to this kiiiickassss fic dude!
I LOVE this! Funny, sweet, angsty, just... adorable and everything thats good!

I can't wait to read more, cuz you hell, you're just on the first few eps with them together so I know there's gonna be tons more eh? :D That thought alone makes me a happy girl!

Quick updates make me a happy girl too :flirt

Ashleigh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:01 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Wow. I am loving this more and more. Every story I have read that fills in the gaps is different. This is definitely one of the best.

I definitely can't wait to read your version of "The I in Team." That ep is defintitely a turning point. I think this is where they start kisssing and exploring each other's body. I still think their first time going all the way is at the end of "New Moon Rising(Though there is a big difference of opinion here)."