The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Epilogue
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:51 pm 
Cyd - :bigwave

First and foremost, I want to thank you so very much for sharing one of my favorite stories. I know that you get a lot of feedback from everyone about the yummy goodness of this story and how it made us feel something. Well, I felt a wide range of emotions that make me grow fonder of Willow and Tara and the fact that they are people who are an influence to many. Thank you very much for a very beautiful, heartfelt story and I really hope to some more of your writtings soon. You Take care and pat yourself on a the back for a fine job!!! =)

P.s. sorry for the babble... =)

Aaron

'Tarababy77'

"Don't buy into all the media crap. Love yourself for who you are, not what others THINK you should look like. It's DEFINITELY more important in this life to love each other despite our imperfections." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:22 pm 
Wow...I'm not sure what to say... I don't think I was really prepared for this to be the end of the story...cause I love it so much. But I guess all good things have to come to an end at some point, if only to make way for more good things. And I'm certain that you have many more good things in store for us. :)

The end to this wonderful story was perfect. It was so funny that it turned out to be Miss Kitty having Kittens there at the end...the whole time I was like 'Omg is Tara having a baby?' hehe. :)

Cyd, thank you for sharing your wonderful talent....I really love your stories....

(Now will you have time to work on RS?) :D

hehe....don't you just love how I found a way to throw that in there?

xoxo

Emms (of the non-stalkery variety)

To the smut! ~ Me

Edited by: MissKittys Ball O Yarn  at: 4/12/05 1:23 pm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:26 pm 
Man...

I've followed this all the way through, this has been one great ride. Thank you.

------------------

There can be no rainbow without rain, you cannot know true happiness until you know sadness first.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:18 pm 
Satisfying. That's the word that came to my "all intuitive and stuff" mind when I'm reading this Epilogue. A glimpse into their lives, where there is a Scooby style happy ending for all of them, is satisfying indeed.
Quote:
Some say time heals everything. In many ways it has.

But time, like magick, found its maker when trying to heal me.
Again, Willow's complete acceptance of her new self is so courageous, so ... again I come up with nothing better than satisfying.

The little twist with the little Miss Kittys at the end, when in the beginning of the chapter you were hinting that it was Tara giving birth :) a nice interlude and ... satisfying.

When you first started, I thought we'd be in for an action/magic packed story. Like having to deal with Willow's memory loss, and then they have another apocalypse and her memories and/or magics come back in full/in part and then they have to deal with the darkness etc. We still got jam-packed action and having to deal with magic, but more than that, you have given us a deceptively simple story of one person, no two person's struggle to deal with a profound change in their lives and coming out of the experience even more loving, more compassionate, and more together.

I'm all satisfied now.

------

quiet thoughts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:57 pm 
After the last update I thought I did not need anymore, but am I glad to see that you know better than I do when it comes to writing a story!

This was sweet, funny and touching. My personal fave here is the little birthing twist. I was all ready to find out whether the new tyke was a boy or a girl and you spring new kitties on us. Adorable, adorable, adorable. You have done a great job. This was simply beautiful from beginning to end.

Finally, I am glad to hear that you have other stories that you want to tell. Truth be told, I started out reading "Relinquished Symmetry" and did not care to read this story at the beginning, but once I saw the great stuff you were putting out in RS, I had to read your other work. I am glad I did.

Thanks again for this, and can I nudge you to turn your attention to RS next? I simply love the title of that fic, among other things. I promise more insightful feedback there too, if that helps.

Safuega

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:11 am 
A perfect end to a perfect story. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas and thoughts with us. I totally agree with your assessment of this board. It is definitely a community and we all have a special place here. I look forward to reading more of your stories. Thanks again.

Christina

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:14 am 
Awww I love this fic - a very sweet way to end it . . . .

Jill

~~~~~~~~

Willow - Say, you all didn't happen to do a bunch of drugs did ya?

Willow Powered | Amber Powered | Alyson Powered

My lack of talent is more than made up for by my enthusiasm.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:57 pm 

I love the nice neat little bow this Epilogue puts on this story. Congratulations on well written and touching story hermitfish. I enjoyed each and every chapter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:11 am 
:wave

Wowsers...I might have read that one all in one go...but I couldn't help it...it was...just...AMAZING!!!

I loved the voice you gave willow and just...fantastic.

Thanks so much for a couple hours of wondeful entertainment that kept a smile on my lips and warm fuzzies all around.

~Ani:dance

True, I talk of dreams, which are the children of an idle brain, begot of

nothing but vain fantasy. ~Shakespeare

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:16 am 
Hey there,

I'm so so so incredibly late to this party. I started reading this about 4 days ago when I went, "hmmm, Fragments of Perception? have I read that one? It has 8 pages so probably a good amount written." I can't believe that I had never read it before. I love first-meeting stories and of course re-meeting stories.

So having read the entire thing at once, I can't really get all my thoughts together. I will say that to me the thing that stands out is that we've seen quite a bit of the "Tara's back from dead or beyond and remembers nothing while Willow waits to see if they will still love each other" stories. This is the first one I've seen where it is reversed. I think that the narration from Willow's pov is inspired. She tells the reader just exactly what the reader needs to know to understand her state of mind. Even though we know more than she knows, it's so easy to put yourself in that confused state.

I especially like that you give Tara pain and nightmares also. It would be so easy for you to change the storyline enough to say that Glory didn't steal Tara's mind or break her hand but you don't. I love that the two girls work through their pain together and love through it.

Your portrayal of the other Scoobies is again wonderful, particularly as they are described through Willow's eyes. It brings out their primary characteristics rather than their quirks and that works very well.

Sorry that I'm so late but I really enjoyed this story. I see that you have other stories and now will have to look for those. Well done.

"It is better to waste one's youth than to do nothing with it at all- Georges Courteline

"Censorship, like charity, should begin at home; but unlike charity, it should end there." - Chare Booth Luce

My latest story: Survivor - Ash Island

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:24 am 
The term "satisfying" has been used to describe this story, and, to me, that's exactly the right term.

Willow, and also Tara, have not so much come back from their injuries, as moved on from them. Some things have been left behind along with the lost memories: Willow's magick and even her computer science. Yet, the essentials remain: the love the two share, the "family" love of their friends. They have all that's needed to build a life. And it's a satisying, contented, joyful life. What more can anyone ask for?

Thank you for sharing this story with us.

Russ

When we love and give it everything we've got, no matter what the consequences, we are doing what we were put here to do -- Geneen Roth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:56 pm 
Wow, what a great ending to a fabulous story! :applause

It turned out that it didn't matter about Willow's memory, love is love and they were simply meant to be together.

I hope you will continue to write more fics (and of course update RS) because they are so enjoyable to read. Great job!

-anna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:35 pm 
Awww... well I suppose a story has to end eventually :) I liked what you did with the 'new' Willow. My favourite parts will remain Willow waking up in the hospital and when she's cradling miss Kitty near her former dorm :kgeek

The epilogue was a nifty idea too, it's good to know Willow had a (though different) fullfilling life after all. Tara being there probably took care of that already, heh :lol

I already told you I liked the setup right ? The one where Willow does some powerfull yet needed magical stuff and thats actually usefull and stuff... (beats Buffy jumping in Dawn's place as far as logic is concerned : -->>: )

Neat story!! :wave

Grimmy

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

Edited by: Grimlock72 at: 4/14/05 3:46 pm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:54 pm 
Cyd,

I really enjoyed this story. Thanks so much for the ride. I think I liked the uniqueness of Willow's situation the most. Also, the fact that she not only lost the magic, but also didn't miss it, was refreshing. Great job. I look forward to more from you!

:peace

-pipsberg

"We live our lives, do whatever we do, and then we sleep - it's as simple and ordinary as that."

Michael Cunningham, The Hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:29 pm 
Hello Kittens-

This was such a well done story that kept its internal logic and characters balanced. I enjoyed the epilogue being a sucker for kittens. It was good to see this at this point in my life.

Thank you,

Jixer

Post subject: Perpetual smile girl
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:29 am 
Wow...I'm really struck speechless by all the great feedback. Makes having to get up so early on a Fri morning worth it. Replies...

tarawhipped: Cameron...aww thanks bunches. As soon as I thought about Miss Kitty I couldn't help myself into setting it up like that. I really had a good time and if you enjoyed the story...then I think that's a fair trade.

TaraBaby77: Aaron...you being able to take something away from the story definitely gives me a great feeling. All I can do is write...I can't make anyone think or feel anything and certainly what each person feels/thinks is relative, but just the fact that you consider it influential on you in any tiny way pleases me so much. Thanks.

MissKittys Ball O Yarn: Emms...I probably could have stretched/filled the story out more but I really felt I had done what I wanted to do when I first started posting this. I am glad you liked the ending...just wanted it to be warm fuzzy goodness.

Quote:
(Now will you have time to work on RS?) hehe....don't you just love how I found a way to throw that in there?

I expected nothing less of you, doll. Hmmm....RS has been screaming at me to work on it so I'll probably give it a go first. But I have a new story idea I'm really excited about so I'll probably begin splitting time between them after an update or two of RS.

robotguru: Thanks so much...I'm glad you enjoyed.

hidden watson: I could have delved heavier into action and magick. In fact, the original inception of this last summer during a run of insomnia had a number of those elements, but when I finally found time to come back and really concentrate on it in Jan, I found a very simple, very honest story staring me in the face and I went with it...I've been so pleased at how it has been appreciated.

Quote:
you have given us a deceptively simple story of one person, no two person's struggle to deal with a profound change in their lives and coming out of the experience even more loving, more compassionate, and more together

A well put summary. Thanks so much Watson.

Safuega:
Quote:
After the last update I thought I did not need anymore, but am I glad to see that you know better than I do when it comes to writing a story!
Heehee...I don't know about that but it did make me laugh.

Oh...RS, my other mistress, you're welcome to nudge, push, or give a swift kick in the butt...I know I'm quite late on the delivery of the next part. Insightful feedback works wonders with me...I've also been known to take bribes, but I'll probably work for just a pat on the head (what can I say...it takes very little to please me). Thanks so much...always a pleasure.

cperrins78: Christina...I'm glad you enjoyed and I'm looking forward to bringing more stories to the board.

WillowPowered: Thanks so much Jill.

terra21: A Happily bowtied gift for the Kittens or is that with kittens? Hmmm...thanks a lot for the feedback.

AnirtakEnigma: Hi Ani...well the good news with reading it one go is not having to sit three months impatiently waiting for an update (or glaring at the screen when I say an update will be done soon and then it takes much longer than expected)...so yay for that. Smiles and warm fuzzies are great.

JustSkipIt: Hi Debra...it's an honor to have you drop by as I enjoy your work a lot. Willow's pov was really what I thought held the story together so well. We got to look at this very familiar world through fresh, rational, and very honest eyes. I thought what Glory did to Tara was so heartbreakingly terrible in canon but, as many traumatic aftermath issues on BTVS, was not really explored. Having it occur at the same time as Willow's struggles made it necessary for both of them to heal and find a way to open up to each other. Yes, I do have some other works - the main one that everyone is clamoring to see an update for is Relinquished Symmetry (which someone kindly found and brought to the first page of the board). It's a bit darker than this and may or may not be your cup of tea. Thanks so much.

russ: I'll take satisfying...happily. Yes, they learned to accept what they had because it really was wonderful and put what they lost behind them. Thanks so much for reading Russ.

Irishgrl3: I'm so happy you enjoyed...love is indeed love. Thanks Anna.

Grimlock72: Heehee Grimmy...I'm glad you liked SO much of it. :) Thanks for all the great commentary you left...I enjoyed it very much.

pipsberg: Thanks Pips...I just tried to create a world I hadn't encountered before in fic which gave me the opportunity to give Willow a distinct and refreshing voice that I'm not sure would have been possible via canon. I'm just happy that some people spent a little time in my world and had a good time.

jixer: Thanks, I've really appreciated having you follow the story. Take care of yourself, Jixer, for I am a sucker for both kittens and Kittens.

Well, I'm taking this show over to RS now...so I'll see you there.

~Cyd

And I recall in spring

The perfume that the air would bring

to the indolent town ~Decemberists

Altered Shadows

Post subject: Re: Perpetual smile girl
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:26 pm 
i finally had a chance to read this last update and just wanted to thank you for sharing such a wonderful story with us cyd. it would have been easy, and almost expected, to do some little bipity bopity boo at the end and give willow all of her memories back. but what you did was most definitely the wiser choice. willow may not have gotten her memories back, but she and tara were able to make their own happy ending, showing that their love was a force in itself, based on far more than some shared experiences in the scooby trenches. your beautiful writing captured that so well. before i get depressed about this story finishing, i'll switch my attentions to RS - hopefully it won't be too long of a wait :)

thanks again,

brandy

"i'm not like the girls that you've known but i believe i'm worth coming home to." tori amos, sleeps with butterflies

Post subject: One for the road
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:28 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

kisstheviolets: From the beginning I knew that Willow was never going to get her memory fully restored. The trick was writing a convincing enough story that the reader would feel like you do...that getting her memories back, magickally or otherwise, would be a let down. I wanted a world where their love was stronger than that and, judging by all the great feedback from people such as you, I think I was able to accomplish this. Thanks so much Brandy.

Hi-ya mods...feel free to move to completed fic archive when you have some time. Thanks.

~Cyd

Post subject: Re: Fragments of Perception
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:17 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

New to the archive. You can leave feedback! :)

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:06 am 
8. Vixen

Thank you so much for this beautiful story. I can't fathom why I haven't read it until now. I loved everything about it. I even loved the way you wrote Buffy. It's amazing to me what some of you can do with these characters. You love them so much more than those damn BTVS writers ever did, especially W/T.

I took notes while reading this because there were so many things that stuck out to me as I read it. The first line of my notes says, "My Rock," and that's just one example of how much I love your writing. It's seriously stunning.

I'm sorry I can't say more and I'm sorry I can't express to you how much this fic touched me and made me feel. All I can say is that it did. Thank you so much.

Quote:
Tara approached tentatively and brushed the back of her hand against my cheek tenderly, her skin voicing the exact same thing floating in my mind. Love.

:bow *sigh* I love these girls. And not to sound stalkerish or crazy, but I love you too for writing them so well.

:peace
amy

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:29 pm 
5. Willowhand

Being somewhat new to the board, I only just now read this story. I can't think of anything to say that hasn't already been said, so I'll just repeat it. Wow. This is a wonderful, tender, loving, incredibly satisfying story. I'm blown away. Simply amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:26 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

dorksrcool: Hi Amy...eh, don't worry about reading so long after it was produced, I'm just tickled that you took notes. That's really is great for some reason or another in my head. This story really spoke to me as it conceptualized and was a pleasure to write. So I'm very glad you enjoyed. Thank you.

highlandlass25: I'm happy you ran across the story and found it worthy of a read-through. Thanks so much.

~Cyd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:42 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Hey Cyd, this is a great story. I'm glad you didn't just magically give Willow back her memory. It was more interesting to read about her having to deal with never being able to get that part of her life back and having to move on and make new memories. Thought it was a great way to show that Willow and Tara could make it through anything. Also liked how Willow and Anya were actually friends instead of just tolerating each other.

I'm sure I'm repeating things others have said, so, glad you wrote it, glad I read it, it was a good read.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:00 am 
9. Gay Now

I thought this story was lovely. The different points of view were well handled and gave added depth to an already rich story. I loved your Tara and Willow and the slow rekindling of their love. One of the reasons I like AU fics is the lack of magic because I don't ever want Willow and Tara to be together just because of that so it was nice to read this Buffyverse story. The secondary characters were lively particularly Buffy and Anya.

I have many favourite bits I really liked this: “We argued about magick…your power. It degenerated into a nonsense of angry words after that.” - that argument in Tough Love was so lame and insulting.

Thanks for writing this!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:30 am 
2. Floating Rose

Wow. And I mean wow. So far I’ve only read the first part and a bit of the second part, but I’m already swept away. I’m amazed by how accurate you can pinpoint Tara’s insecurities, Willow’s almost clinical sadness about not knowing who anyone is, who she herself is. I especially liked this sentence:

“Tara didn’t have the heart to tell her she acts more like herself when she’s not trying at all.”

I think this sums them both up perectly. Willow as always trying too hard, wanting to go too soon, while Tara is so caring that she refuses to hurt Willows feelings by telling her just that. And even in all the stillness of your story, you still can find the Willow we all know and love behind it:

“Willow’s sat on the bureau, organized by what time of day she had to take them. The morning pills were on the right (“Well that’s east…like the Sun.”), the lunch pills in the middle, and the dinner and night pills on the left.”

I like how you chose the first person to be Willow. It pulls you into her world, which otherwise would be practically unaccessible.

--

BTW, just on a sidenote, I really love your one-line-summary :) “What happens when you lose yourself?” ‘cause, well, you know, that’s a realllly good question.

--

I like your Anya :)

“I just want everybody to be better. These feelings hurt.” She began to tear up and swatted at the droplet running down her cheek. “Stupid human emotions. I just want Willow to be okay and she called me her friend.”

This line reminded me of The Body, in which no one could understand how upset she was by coming in contact with death. I think you’re portraying her brilliantly and it’s great to see her and Willow get along.

--

“I was in too many pieces and I didn’t know where any of them belonged.”

Poor Willow. All torn up and everybody avoind to tell her the truth isn’t making things better. She’s smart, haven’t her friends figured that out yet? They should have guessed she would find some things out on her own, and that that would be a lot scarier than when they told her about it…

That’s not saying that I don’t understand Buffy. I’ve always liked Buffy and I really can see where she’s coming from – she’s probably even more scared than anyone, ‘cause she always, since the beginning, felt guilty for dragging Willow (and Xander) into her world. She probably wishes to make up for that somehow, to protect Willow, instead of be protected by Willow. ‘Cause after all, protecting is still her job and I think that that’s the only thing that makes sense to her.

I’m glad Tara told her in the end. And yay, Miss Kitty Fantastico is back!

--

“Xander was just Xander…not being larger then life must be hard for him with this group.”

I liked that she realized this immediately. I’ve always felt for Xander. It’s amazing how he has managed so long among a group filled with superheroes!

--

“and will she want this broken thing if it can’t be fixed?”

Poor Willow. She must be so incredibly scared. She’s heard all these amazing stories about herself, stories she can’t even remember and people expect her to be that same person again. It’s quite a person to live up to, even if she was that person herself. It must be so hard and so intimidating!

--

“But I should have been given the opportunity to decide. I still want that opportunity. Let me see your world. Let me decide if I can live in it, okay?”

I’m glad Willow is able to give Buffy a second chance

--

Tara’s insecurities are so real that they hurt.

“This person who was failing to give Willow the life she so richly deserves.”

She’s – again – blaming herself for things she can’t be blamed for. Things she shouldn’t blame herself for. I’d like to put an arm around her and tell her that, ‘cause there doesn’t seem to be anyone around she can talk to about her insecurities…

Oh, wait, I was too early. I’m glad you didn’t make Buffy into the not-likeable person a lot of kittens seem to see in her. In your story she’s there for Willow, and for Tara, and she’s able to tell them she’s sorry. That’s the Buffy I’ve seen and loved.

--

“It didn’t take a grand gesture to show how much she really cared. A thousand tiny ones would do.”

So true, so true. A thousand tiny ones are probably even better. Grand gestures can way more easily be misinterpreted.

--

I’m glad you didn’t start with the spell. First there was a rebuild of trust between everyone, and only then the spell would really be an effort worth its while. I’m glad you didn’t rush Willow or anyone else into it.
I don’t really see everyone’s concern about bringen het memories back. I mean, when a person loses his memories in a natural way, everyone hopes and prays for a way to bring them back, to get them back. Why would it be different now she’s lost them in a magical way?

--

I can see why you turned the story in a way that Willow has lost her magical abilities and gave Willow and Tara a second chance. I didn’t really like that part – I’ve always been a firm believer that magic is part of who she is, and that takig that away from her changes her forever, makes her a different person. But I can see your choice.

“In each of their own ways they were saying, You may never be the same again, but you will never be alone.”

“Because whenever something is lost, if it is sacred enough, it can always be found once more.”

I liked these sentences, really emotional…

--

In the end, personal preferations aside, I liked you wrapped this story up. You gave them a new life, still tangled with the old one they had. They still have friends who feel like family, but they also have a whole new life, and shared memories. Thanks for writing this story and letting us into your world.

I'm sorry for the long feedback, but you just shot up there amongst my favourite writes with this one story. I just couldn't let it pass.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:50 pm 
3. Flaming O

In this current mixed up crazy reality we all inhabit, I had a hankering to retreat to happier times, and revisit my favourite pairing. A wonderful story, reminding me why I love these characters. Willow's journey back to a healthy relationship and future with Tara warmed my heart. I do hope that the author occasionally checks back in so she knows her story is appreciated!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6