The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1401 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: New Fic : The Game Of Love.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:21 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hi...well I wrote an AU fic a long time ago called Love Thy Neighbour, and never got down to writing more...then I've been having a few ideas and well, heres one of them. This is a partly true fic...and I'm writing straight here without typing it out anywhere else...bear with me if the updates are delayed sometimes, theres just a lot happening in my life right now.

Title : The Game of Love.

Disclaimer : Unfortunately neither Tara nor Willow are mine. Neithers anyone else in this fic for that matter!

Pairing : Good old W/T.

Rating : Well Love Thy Neighbour was as PG as they came...still if I ever have the courage to I might add some more smut...lesse how it goes...

Spoilers : None...this is an AU fic...I like to imagine what it would be like if Willow and Tara could ahve each other forever and ever.

Dedication : Ok this ones for Julietta, whom I promised I would write a fic again, and Mirr, a friend who surfs this site!

Chapter 1.

"...So anyway, I'm playing handball for college now since they needed about 5 players to put their names down as substitutes. Apparently they have seven good starters, but just in case someone gets injured they need the rest of us to basically sit and warm the benches! See I know some of the girls on the team, AND if you reach the quarter finals you get like $100 each from college, $200 for the semi's and $500 for winning. How cool is that?" Buffy kept talking, not giving her friend the chance to answer her question.

"Anyway, the tournament starts tomorrow, its for three days, and since I know I'm gonna have nothing to do, I was wondering if you wanted to come watch???" Buffy finally stopped talking, and help onto the phone, waiting for her best friend to answer. When there was silence at the other end, she knew her friend was considering the situation and put in a "Pleeeeease Will, for me???" for good effect.

Finally she heard a low sigh at the other end, and Willow said "Sure Buff...I'll come with you. Its not like I've got anything better to do anyway."

"Thanks a bunch Will! I'll pick ya up at 6:30, bright and early! The teams meeting at the ground, and reportings at 7. Bye!" with that she hung up.

"Wait..." Willow started to protest, "You didn't say anything about..." *click* "early...?" Willow spoke into the phone's beeping sound. "Aargh...how did I get myself into an early morning wake up???" she asked herself.

"Still" she sighed,thinking "Maybe some good will come out of this."

The day had started off badly, with Willow jumping due to the shrill sound of her alarm that morning. Buffy arrived at 6:30 exactly, and they proceeded to the Sunnydale stadium, only stopping to buy some much needed mochas and doughnuts on the way.

It was now 6:50, and 9 of the team members were there.

Willow was looking down at a list of the players names. She'd just met Nicole Smith, Samantha McNeal, Sophie Hawk and Jessica Miller, the four girls who were actually there to play as part of the starting seven. Willow didn't know them, even though they went to the same college. They however seemed to know each other really well, and were having an animated discussion about their chances of winning the tournament. They stood slightly apart from Buffy and herself, and the other four "benchwarmers" as Willow had come to think of them from Buffy's information the previous night. She knew the four since they played on the soccer team with Buffy. Whitney, Sharon, Tina and Cameron were actually good soccer players, and nice girls too.

Willow looked back down at the list. There were three more names there, Anya Harris, Cordelia Chase and Tara Maclay. Buffy spoke up then, saying that Tara was actually the college captain.

"Apparently she's this rocking shooter, with a lot of strength. I've never seen her play, but Jess, Sam, Nic and Sophie keep telling the rest of us about how the whole game plan is to pass the ball to either Tara or Cordelia! I've met Cordy, but she couldn't practice because she had some extra classes at college, and she practiced with Coach Giles later, after we were done." Buffy pointed out Coach Giles, a tall bespectacled man, to Willow before continuing. " Anyway, Cordy's supposed to be brains and faking her way through the opposition, which Tara's more of the 'Get outta my way, I wanna see her shoot'! I didn't get to see Tara play either, since she's had a badly injured ankle, and this is the first time she's playing in about four months. In fact, I haven't seen her at all" Buffy thought about her last statement, before finishing "And Anya's the goalkeeper, who's been out of town, so we haven't seen her either. The three hang together a lot, and I'm guessing they'll show up together too."

Willow had merely nodded her head throughout Buffy's banter, and now looked down at her watch. It was precisely 7 a.m. She was about to ask Buffy where the three were when they heard a car pull up in the car park next to them. Looking up, Willow saw a chauffer driven Mercedes S-Class pull up, and three girls step out. Two were brunettes, both slim, with one slightly shorter than the other with shorter hair.

"Cordelia's the taller brunette. Anya cut her hair just a few days ago. Someone told me she got gum stuck in it, poor thing. " Buffy said into Willow's ear.

But Willow was hardly looking at the brunettes. It was the blonde who had caught her attention.

"I guess thats Tara Maclay" Buffy said, seeing at the teams captain for the first time herself.

"Yeah" Willow said, "I guess it is..."

So whaddaya think??????? :hmm More? Feedback will be highly appreciated. Go easy, its only my second fic. :rolleyes

Post subject: Re: New Fic : The Game Of Love.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:07 pm 
Quote:
"I guess thats Tara Maclay."

"Yeah" Willow said, "I guess it is..."

I must say I love "meeting" stories and since "Love My Neighbour" was one of my first, and favorite, fics, I can say this will be one I will anxiously awaiting to see how it pans out.

Great start. Thanks!

--celia

---------------------------------

When innocence is shattered
... madness is inevitable

www.gotlicky.com

Post subject: :-)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:16 pm 
Hi. :bigwave Feedback as I already said, is deeply appreciated. I'll write more tomorrow...right now its 3 a.m my time and I gotta get some sleep! I hope u like how the fic will develop. Oh, and I'm really happy u liked Love Thy Neighbour.

Take care. :peace

Post subject: Re: :-)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:56 pm 
OH nice start!:) I already like this fic and to see a sporty Tara is new for me, but i like that ID! Keep on writing...

CU:wave

SoL/Natti

This is a duet, Amber! You need to sing!"- Tony

Post subject: Re: New Fic : The Game Of Love.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:19 pm 
NICE START! I LOVE IT ALREADY!!! CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE!:bounce :bounce :bounce

Post subject: Chapter 2.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:48 am 
Ok I came on and saw some feedback so am inspired to write a few more lines. This'll be a shorter chapter, but hey, at least its something! LOL!

Disclaimer : Unfortunately neither Tara nor Willow are mine. Neithers anyone else in this fic for that matter!

Rating : Well Love Thy Neighbour was as PG as they came...still if I ever have the courage to I might add some more smut...lesse how it goes...

Spoilers : None...this is an AU fic...I like to imagine what it would be like if Willow and Tara could ahve each other forever and ever.

Dedication : Ok this ones for Julietta, my dear friend whom I promised I would write a fic again, and Mirr, a friend who surfs this site!

Chapter 2.

As the girls drew nearer, Willow took in the vision coming her way. Starting at her black Air loafers, "Which she wears with socks" Willow mentally noted, moving up to the bootcut faded blue jeans that seems to fit her so well. Willow noted the small rip at the knees, which was , meant to be a style statement. continuing her upward journey, she smiled at the blondes choice of a short...She was wearing a Real Madrid sports jersey, comeplete with the Spanish soccers teams logo on one side and the Adidas symbol on the other. Finally she reached her face, which was largely covered with a pair of blue Lumberjacks. Her hair cascaded down her shoulders, catching the early morning rays of the sun, and giving her an angelic air.

Finally the three girls reached the rest of the team, who'd come closer seeing that everyone had finally arrived.

"Hey guys!" Cordelia smiled, looking at the team. She already knew everyone, since she'd looked in on practice a couple of times before leaving for her extra classes.

Anya and Tara just stood there, waiting for her to introduce them to the five strangers there. When Cordelia didn't seem to notice, Anya nudged her and said "Hello? Cordy? Anya? Tara? Rest of the team? Introduction? Capish?"

"Oh yeah" Cordelia suddenly remembered that the substitutes didn't know Anya and Tara. "Um, Buffy Summers, Whitney Shaw, Cameron Cooper, Sharon Taylor and Tina Gray..." Cordelia acknowledged everyone she named with a nod of her head, "Meet Anya Harris, our goalkeeper, and Tara Maclay, our captain."

Just then Cordelia noticed Willow standing behind Buffy, and said "Hi, sorry, I don't know who you are...???"

"Oh yeah, I forgot. This is my friend, Willow. She's come to cheer us on!" Buffy replied before Willow had the chance to say anything.

"That's good..." everyone turned their attention to Tara as she spoke. "We can always use some cheering on". She smiled at Willow, before turning her attention to Coash Giles, who'd come up to talk to the team.

"Hmm...She's got a lovely smile" Willow thought, before listening to the team coach as he started talking to the team.

Post subject: Re: Chapter 2.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:20 am 
HI AGAIN...:bigwave ... THANKS FOR THE NEW UPDATE!...i don't care if it's short now i can go to sleep happy...:D ... and for sure... I'LL BE BACK!:peace

Post subject: Re: Chapter 2.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:21 am 
Hello there!

K they already talked but hopefully they will get a change to know the other better than that:lol

SoL/Natti

Post subject: Chapter 3.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:20 am 
Ok you guys know the disclaimers and the rest, so lets just on on with the chapter shall we? Oh, thanks for the feedback guys. Its nice to know someones waiting for me to write. I'm so sorry about all the typos. After I post I read the stuff, and when the typings blah I go like "Oops!!!" Anyway, I'm sure you guys know what I'm writing about, so here I go again...

Chapter 3.

"Aah, Tara, Anya and Cordelia...its so nice to see you'll made it, and just on time at that..." Coach Giles said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. Just then Tara yawned. "Oh please tell me you got a good nights rest at least?" Coach Giles said. "We're relying on you and Anya to do most of the scoring. How's your ankle doing by the way?"

"Well I've been jogging every evening, trying to get it some exercise, and so far its held up pretty fine, so I think it should be fine for the tournament." Tara replied, shaking her foot a little as if to prove it.

"That's good then" Coach Giles smiled, and to Willow it looked like he was actually a little relieved. Willow looked down at Tara's foot to see if she could see the topic of discussion, but Tara's jeans covered the joint.

"Ok then, well, our first match is against St.Xaviers, and we all know they have a good team. There's their bus right now" he pointed to the team bus that was pulling in. "We've got a first round bye since our opponents pulled out, so we'll be playing Xaviers after they've had a break AFTER playing their first round match, so it might be a while. All of you'll can do what you like for now, as long as it isn't tiring." With that Coach Giles walked away.

"So, I'm guessing we should all stick together, since we ARE a team" Cordy said. Looking at the substitutes she said "And that includes you'll! What do you guys wanna do?"

The other girls just shrugged their shoulders and mumbled 'whatevers', so Anya suggested that they all head to the bleachers and rest "Since we all had to wake up at this inhuman hour" she said, drawing a laugh from the rest of the team. "Get to know eachother better" she added, before starting to walk towards the bleachers surrounding the playing field.

The rest of the girls started to follow her, when someone yelled out "Tara!". Everyone stopped, turning to see a girl running their way.

"Emily!" Tara smiled as the girl came up, panting. "What are you doing here?"

"I play for Xaviers you doof!" Emily smiled. Willow looked at the girl with the jet black hair as she hugged Tara, then Anya and Cordelia, and smiled at the rest of the players. She was quite pretty, with sharp features, and a nice height. In fact, almost everyone around her was taller than Willow herself was. "God, do these sportswomen HAVE to be so well built?" she thought to herself, feeling very tiny at the moment.

"No way!" Tara said. "You guys are our first match!"

"Yeah I heard, we're playing you'll second round, since we all know we're gonna kick Lincoln's butt in our first round match. And then we're gonna kick yours in the second!" Emily grinned.

"Aah! You wish!" Tara smirked. "You have seen our team haven't you? Wo else do you'll have?"

"Tare! We have Sita, Julia, Jamie and me as the main forwards, and Caroline in the goal!" Emily said, with a great deal of pride in her voice.

"Well, you see our team, and I've gotta say its better!" Cordelia challenged, " And don't you forget we've watched you guys play all our highschool lives!"

"The same goes for you guys!Of course back then we played for the SAME team!!!" Emily laughed. Willow recognised all their bragging as friendly banter.

"Anyway" Anya piped in, wheres the rest of your team?"

"They ran to get changed. Our match is due to start in 15 minutes, and I gotta go change too. Just thought I;d say hi first. The others send their greetings as well. Said they'd catch up after the match. Ok I better run. Hey I expect to see you'll at the sidelines cheering us on, you understand???" Emily said, before turning and running towards the changing rooms.

"We'll be there" Tara called out to the departing figure."Ok" she looked at the others, "I'm going to find place around the court. Gotta cheer our friends on, even if they are our next round opponents. Anyone else coming?"

Everyone nodded their heads, and followed Tara as she made her way back to Court no. 1.

Ok I know there hasn't been much Willow Tara stuff yet, but I promise you'll its coming! I'm just setting up the story! Be patient! :party

Post subject: Re: Chapter 3.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:09 pm 
Hi :wave

I read "Love thy neighbour" some time ago and I really loved it, so I was happy to see that you had decided to write another fic :grin

And I really like this one too :applause

I'm looking forward to reading more of this fic :bounce

More soon? Please? :pray

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die.

The in between is mine.

I am mine!" - Pearl Jam

Post subject: Re: Chapter 3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:18 pm 
Cool fic....I've never read a fic where Tara plays sports before so it'll be interesting to see how Tara and Willlow actually get together in this fic considering Willow is drooling over Tara but Tara hasn't really paid any attention to Willow...keep up the good work..I like this fic..Update soon...

Tisha:kitty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:20 pm 
i told you i'd be back...lol... great update... can't wait til you get to the willow and tara part....;) ....

Edited by: Warduke at: 3/17/04 9:14 am

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:41 pm 
I'm so glad you are back to writing I don't even know which emoticons to use so :bounce :heart :applause :party :banana :dumbo

Still wait

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:47 pm 
hey :wave

i'd like to thanks so much for your fic "Love thy neighbour".

I love that fic.I find myself reading that fic every once in awhile..Again and again...

Its a great fic. So thanks again for sharing.

Im looking forward to your new fic. and I think its a refreshing theme or topic on the board..Its interesting, makes me think how willow and tara becomes close to each other... guess im gonna wait for your updates..

thanks..

ciao

redjassy

Cause you were made for me/Somehow I'll make you see/How happy you make me

/I can't live this life/Without you by my side/I need you to survive/ So stay with me/You look in my eyes and I'm screaming inside/
that I'm sorry. » Evanescence

Post subject: Reply to Feedback
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:13 am 
Aww guys thanks for the feedback. I'll be posting a new chapter a lil later 2day or by tomorrow at the latest. This is just a thank u for the feedback...

Tired Soul : I love first time meeting fics too! Am so glad u liked my first fic. Hope this one turns into a fav for u too!

Stroke of Luck : Me thinks a sporty Tara is kinda a hot idea! Anyway, yeah, they do get to know each other a lot better later! Just wait for the good stuff child!

lil wiccan : Hey :bigwave I'm glad u cud sleep peacefully after the update the other night. Heres to many more peaceful slumbers!

Sabina : Hey. Well it took me long enough to write a 2nd fic. I'm just hoping u guys think this one was worth the wait!

Seldomly Naughty : I love handball, and that's y I chose that as the game for this fic. There will be lots of drooling later! Its just gonna take a wee little while, since I wanna get into the characters first, and get them to know each other, ya know?

Devashu : Haha! The emoticons u used were enough to get ure idea across!!!

Red Jassy : Hello! Man all u guys liking Love They Neighbour so much puts a LOTTA pressure on me!!! *wipes sweat off brow* U better wait for my updates woman!!!

Ok yeah, thats a personal thank u to everyone that's replied and given me feedback. U guys rock! Thankee! *takes a bow* :peace

Post subject: Re: Chapter 4.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:57 am 
at first i thought....OOHHHH NOOO!!!!TARA!...but then...when i finished... they were exs... yay...lol... i would like to say now... that i'm now addicted to ur fic.... lol... and i will always be back for updates...heheh... hope i don't scare ya...lol...

Edited by: Warduke at: 3/17/04 9:12 am

Post subject: Chapter 4.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:12 am 
Ok I thought I might as well get to writing the next chapter, so here I am!

Dedication : Ok this ones for Julietta, my dear friend whom I promised I would write a fic again, and Mirr, a friend who surfs this site!

Chapter 4.

Tara led the way to an empty row of courtside seats, right near the middle of the field. The team settled down, putting their kits down. "Ok 10 minutes to go for the match to start" Anya said, scanning the referee's and officials on Court No.1 as they readied it for the opening match of the tournament. Her gaze moved over to Court No.2, which was also being readied for a match between two mens teams. "Hey, where are our UC guys?" she asked to no one in particular.

As if on cue, a tall guy came into sight, and soon after him there followed a group of guys headed their way. Tara, who hadn't noticed them, spoke to Cordelia "Isn't it getting hot???"

Cordelia grinned and said "Yeah, thats probably because of this certain guy who's coming our way", and she nodded her head towards the guys.

Willow too saw the guys, and couldn't help but notice the tall guy leading the way. As he came closer it was totally evident how drool worthy he was...Tall, muscular and an out and out jock!"Probably with a six pack underneath that basketball jersey" she thought. The guy wore his hair long, the dark brown locks streaked with a little blonde here and there. He had Hollywood good looks, and as he approached he flashed a wide grin in Tara's direction, showing off his perfect white teeth.

"How's my favourite girl today?" he asked, leaning down to kiss Tara on the cheek. "Neat glasses by the way" he added. "I'm borrowing them later" he grinned, as he exchanged high fives with Anya and Cordelia, and waved at Jessica, Samantha, Nicole and Sophie.

Tara laughed back sand answered "Zak, you're not getting these until you return my Dolce and Gabbana's! Anyway, you playing today?"

"Yeah, there's the team. Michael and the rest wanted to get a smoke, so they didn't come here with me. So is this your team? he asked, looking at the unfamiliar faces.

"Yeah" Cordelia piped up. She introduced the new girls "That's Buffy, Whitney, Tina, Cameron and Sharon. They play soccer for us, and were kind enough to come complete the squad. Guys this is Zak." she smiled at the girls as she spoke.

"And that's Willow" Tara said, acknowledging the red head. "She's a friend of Buffy's, and she's gonna make sure we have a lotta support from the sidelines". Tara grinned at Willow, who felt suddenly shy under her gaze.

"Hey girls" Zak smiled, and Buffy all but drooled. "Anyway, we have a match in a while, so I better go be with the team. Come out with me for a smoke later?" he asked Tara.

"We'll see..." Tara left it at that, and Zak left.

"Who was that????" Buffy asked, as he walked away "And why haven't I seen him before???"

Anya laughed and replied " That's Zak, the guy every girl at UC Sunydale wants a piece of..."

"And the guy Tara let go of after dating for just a week..." Cordelia continued.

"Even though he's still pursuing her..." Cameron said.

"But she's not interested, for a reason that none of us can figure out!" Jessica finished.

Willow looked at the departing figure, and couldn't understand why Tara would say no to such a hot guy either. She turned her attention back to the blonde, who was simply rolling her eyes at the conversation.

Post subject: Chapter 5.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:18 pm 
*points to last post* Stalker Stalker!!!!LOL! Just kidding lil wiccan...love ure feedback :)

Chapter 5.

"Look, I've already told you guys...it was nothing. I mean Zak's a great guy and stuff, but I realised that there was no attraction there...for me at least. He's a looker and all that, but you know, sometimes you have to FEEL for someone when you're dating them, and that just wasn't there." Tara said, shutting everyone up around her.

After a few minutes of silence, Anya said "Yeah, I guess it was just a part of your crazy year anyway!" She turned to the rest of the girls, who didn't know about Tara's "crazy year" and explained "See, last year Tara went through a crazy phase and by the end of the year she'd had nine boyfriends!"

"Yeah, and none of them lasted for more than three weeks!" Cordelia ended with a giggle.

"And my personal life is such a big secret" Tara said with sarcasm, though you could hear the amusement in her voice. "Ok, so I went crazy for a while...there's nothing wrong with that!"

Everyone laughed, and went back to their own thoughts. Finally Willow aked "Um guys, I know I'm here to cheer and all, so it would really help if I knew the game. I mean I don't even understand the markings on the field. All I know is its approximately the size of a hockey field, and the goals look about the same size too....so...HELP???"

"Oh" Anya said. "Sure. Ok yeah, the fields like a hockey field...see the line at the middle? Thats the half line. Ok now both halves are exactly the same. so just look at this half. See, there's an arc six meters away from the goal, and another one 9 meters away. There are seven players in each team, including the goalkeeper, who basically just defends the goal. So that leaves the other six to do the attacking and scoring....

"The six meters is the minimum shooting distance, since any closer to the goal and it'll be almost impossible for the keeper to stop a shot. The main idea is to get onto the six or as close to the six as you can, since that would be the best shot to make. The six offenders usually start the move on the nine and make their way up to the six." Cordelia explained.

"Yeah, and the six moving players usually have fixed positions. See, in our team, I play left out, or left back, Tara plays left inner or right inner, basically she's an inner, Cordelia plays centre, Jessica swaps inner positions with Tara, and Nicole plays right outer. We're the ones on the arc. Cameron plays the Pivot Player, or P.P, who moved along with the rotation of the ball from player to player on the arc. Her back is usually to the goal, and her main job is to make gaps for the players to come in to the six and shoot, and if she gets a chance, turn around and score a goal herself. Anya's our keeper. The main job is of the centre, inners and P.P...we outers mainly defend, and try and steal possession.Oh yeah, and penalties are taken from that lined marked a little beyond the six meter line. Thats actually seven meters, and its taken between the keeper and one player, like in soccer." Samantha said.

"You can only take three steps carryong the ball. Any more is over stepping, and possession goes to the opposition. Goals are usually taken by jumping, and in the form of a lay up most of the time. A handball lay up's sorta like a basketball one, except that in basketball its two steps and a jump, and in handball its three steps and a jump. When you run with the ball, you have to keep dribbling, and once you pick up the ball and hold it you can't dribble again. You also get fouled for rough play. When you're fouled between the nine and six meter lines, you start play from the nine meter line again, with yor opposition having to be three meters away from you. So what we usually try to do is throw the ball to one player, and have them run in and jump and shoot before the opposition gets to them from three meters away.Each game is fifty minutes, with two twenty five minute halves." Nicole finished.

"Oooookkkkk...." Willow took it all in."I think I'm getting it."

At that moment the St. Xaviers girls emerged from the changing rooms, dressed in blue shorts and white jerseys, with their college's emblem on the front of their jerseys, and their last names with their numbers at the back. Tara looked at Willow and said "Well you can watch the game, and any doubts you have will be cleared up" before shouting out to Emily " Go girl! At least you can go home happy thinking you won one game!!!", getting the other girl to stick her tongue out at her.

They all watched as the Xaviers girls began their warm up, running up and down the field a little, before beginning their stretches. Others girls from the college waved their way, and Tara, Anya and the rest of the players who knew them waved back. Finally the girls stopped their stretches and started passing the ball around.

"Look at them show off" Anya said, watching the girls try fancy passes around their backs, over their shoulders and through their legs. "None of that works in an actual game, theres always a major chance of being intercepted. They should just stick to practicing their regular front and side passes!"

The referees blew their whistles, indicating that it was time for the captains to go over for the toss. Emily walked up to the rival captain from Lincoln's, shook hands with her and the referee, and called heads. She won, and decided to start, giving Lincoln the choice of side. They chose the left, and the referee blew the whistle for the start of the match.

St.Xaviers started at the half, rotating the ball by passing to eachother, and making their way to the nice, where they started to seriously make gaps. It took them about thirty seconds before their P.P made EMily a gap, and she shot into the top corner, starting the scoring. On her jog back to her end to defend, Emily looked at tara, pointed and smiled. Tara grinned back and rolled her eyes.

It was now Lincoln's turn. Like Xaviers, they started by passing to eachother until they got to Xaviers nine meter line, but this time, they were intercepted by a Xaviers player, who stole the ball, and ran all the way dribbling, before reaching the six and beating the keeper.

That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the match. By half time the score was Xaviers 8 - Lincoln 2,

and the end result was Xavier 15 - Lincoln 6.

Tara had cheered her friends on like crazy throughout the match, and hugged Emily when she got off. Emily grinned at her and said "See! Told ya we're in good form!"

"Whatever you say kid!" Tara said, not bothering to argue, but letting her 'kid' imply who she thought was boss.

"I like how this girl handles herself" Willow thought, as she watched Tara brush off her friends attitude just like that. During the match a lot of girls from other teams had come up and spoken to Tara, and Willow had noted the respect in their eyes for the blonde. "She must be some player" Willow thought. Tara had been nice to each one, although Willow had overheard her tell Anya at some point "I really wish I remembered names!!! It's so mean of me to forget all the time. I really should start getting those memory pills!"

Buffu had been going on and on about Zak, and it was very obvious to Willow that her best friend had a huge thing for this guy. "But then, I'm sure all of Sunnydale does...except for Tara that is" she thought.

After the Xaviers match, Coach Giles walked up to the team and told them that the third game from then was theirs on Court No. 1, so to start getting ready in about an hour.

"Ok" Tara said, as Coach Giles walked away. "If anyone wants to eat anything, now is the time. No ones playing with a full stomach."

Most of the girls took out brown paper bags from their kits and began to munch on sandwiches. Willow hadn't brought enything to eat, since Buffy hadn't told her she should have, so she just sat there. Tara noticed and asked "Hey Willow, you did bring something to eat didn't you?"

"No, actually I think it slipped Buffy's mind to tell me" she said, glaring at her friend.

"Hey that won't work. Hold on a minute" Tara said, pulling her cell phone out of her pocket and dialling a number. "Hello, James? Hi, I need you to go to the diner opposite the gas station and pick me up one large Orange Juice and a large mushroom and cheese sandwich, and bring it to the ground, alright? Thanks" she said, hanging up.

"You really didn't have to do that!!!" Willow said, very taken aback by the girls generosity. She watched as Tara's car began to pull out of the parking lot.

"It's nothing" Tara said, laughing at the red heads shocked expression. "Just think of this as a way to make sure you have all the energy you need to cheer yourself hoarse!Oh you just have to eat The Casa's mushroom and cheese sandwiches! They're to die for!"

Fifteen minutes later Tara's car had oulled back in, and her chauffer James emerged with a large parcel in his hand. Tara thanked him and took the bag, before handing it to Willow. "Go on, eat it before it gets cold" she laughed, as she watched Willow's reluctance to accept it."And guys, its only for our cheerleader! No one else gets any".

Willow began to eat the hot sandwich, watched with envious eyes by the rest of the team, except for Tara of course, who's eyes were shining with amusement from watching the rest of the girls stare at Willow as she ate!

"It's delicious!!!" Willow said, before eating the rest at an amazing speed.

"Glad you like it" Tara said, looking at the other matches taking place now. About fourty five minutes later, Tara got up, and told the rest of the team it was time to go change. Willow just sat there as the girls headed to the changing room. Ten minutes later she looked in the direction of the changing rooms, and what she saw took her breath away.

The team was changed and out, heading her way, led by Tara. If the blondes loose jersey and jeans had hidden the shape of her body, the uniform did just the opposite. She was in the teams black shorts, thats clung to her waist like a second skin, showing off the curve of her hips perfectly. Her legs were tanned and bare, muscular at the calves...perfect. Her right ankle was in a bandage, to support it after the sprain, Willow supposed. She had changed from her loafers to a pair to Nikes that matcched the color of her shorts. Willow moved her eyes upwards again. Tara was in a blue sleeveless jersey...so was the rest of the team but that didn't make much of a difference to Willow. She still had her glasses on, and as she drew nearer, Willow noticed that she had a tattoo on her right arm. It was a cross, beautifully done, not too small, not too big...just a perfect size.

Tara finally reached Willow and the red head noticed she was talking to her. "Um. Willow, could you do me a favour and hold these for me?" she said, handing Willow her small Nokia cell phone with its headphones. Willow nodded her head and took them, thinking that was all, before Tara spoke up, "And these" she said, reaching to her sunglasses and taking them off.

Willow only just managed to remember to breathe. She was looking into the most beautiful blue eyes she had ever seen.

Ok this was a longer chapter! Happy??? :flirt I'm sorry of there are any typos...I just haven't checked! Ok since I'm just writing this fic on the spot, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas? I could always use inspiration? Or else you could just leave it totally up to me! :sheep FEEDBACK????????

Post subject: Re: Chapter 5.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:29 pm 
I want more, I need more... :miff Please? :pray

Ah... huh... I mean... :blush *blushes embarassed by her pout that resembles the one of a five year-old who has eaten all the chocolate cookies and it's trying to convince her mom to go out and buy more* :blush :lol

I loved this chapter :applause :bow

I always like to read about W/T first meeting but I think I fell in love with this one :grin It is a really cute story.

So at this point neither Willow nor Tara have realized that they are gay... Then again maybe Tara has... after all she dumped the best looking guy around for no apparent reason besides not finding him atractive :hmm

I'm looking forward to reading more of this story :bounce :kgeek

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die.

The in between is mine.

I am mine!" - Pearl Jam

Post subject: Thank U
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:17 pm 
Thank u Sabina, I'm flattered. :banana More tomorrwo...now I need to get some sleep... 5 a.m my time u see! G'nite, and happy reading :sleep

Post subject: GREAT UPDATE!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:52 pm 

I read your previous fic, Love Thy Neighbour, well twice actually, that's because I really liked the whole atmosphere, away from the badness of Sunnydale!

Your characters are very light to read, and I love the attitude changes you've done on Cordelia, Anya and even s-s-stuttering Tara...

Great Job!

Can't wait to read more!

~Arwen

Post subject: Re: GREAT UPDATE!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:05 am 
yay!!! c0oL updates.. :applause

whew.. I thought Zak was gonna be in the way of willow and tara lovin.. your fic is great..

heheh... I think willow is crushing on Tara... and hmm.. i like to think that tara is crushing on willow too since she is giving her attention.. ;)

and yeah, tara drool worthy on the outfit. The way you described it.. my imagination just took me there somewhere in taraland.. so sexy..:D

thanks again for sharing your fic..

by the way, no pressure there.and im patient(i can wait:glasses ). i'll wait for your updates..

ciao

redjassy

Cause you were made for me/Somehow I'll make you see/How happy you make me

/I can't live this life/Without you by my side/I need you to survive/ So stay with me/You look in my eyes and I'm screaming inside/
that I'm sorry. » Evanescence

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:16 am 
LOL... i'm not a stalker... unless u want me to be...lol...jk...love the update...

and hmmm...i think ur doing a great job right now... with the update and how the story is goin... i would like to help... but i donno kno either...lol...i'll get back to u when my brain is working again...lol...bye now:bigwave :bigwave

Edited by: Warduke at: 3/17/04 9:12 am

Post subject: Reply to feeback...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:17 am 
Hey guys! I just woke up! I'll have another chapter up later today! Thanks for the support and feeback!

Arwen276 : Aah another Love Thy Neighbour fan! Anyone would think I've written an epic! Hehe! Glad ure liking this one too!

Red Jassy : Hey again! Yeah I thought Tara would look rather hot in that kinda outfit too! Thanks for the patience...as for if theres "crushing" happening...keep guessing love! ;)

Post subject: Re: Reply to feeback...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:14 am 
Oh oh i guess its getting hot in here, so take off all ur ............ err sorry guys LOL hmm it was just fitting!;) So woo hoo Willow is under her spell:heart Hope Tara will be under Willows asap, not that she isnt right now :hmm

She had so many bf´s wowy, i just hope she fell for this certain redhead :wink

SoL/Natti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:04 am 
Hi there. I liked Love your Neighbour very much and you are starting well. You might show a little of Tara's internal dialog. Beside being cool and beautiful, what's up with her? Does she already like Willow? (hence the sandwich and holding things?). How will they get together? Also, I'd like to see a little of what Willow does well. In other words, so that she's Tara's equal and worthy of her attention.

Great start. Debra

---

"Your little will can't do anything. It takes Great Determination. Great Determination doesn't mean just you making an effort. It means the whole universe is behind you and with you - the birds, trees, sky, moon, and ten directions." - Katagiri Roshi

Post subject: Guys...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:06 am 
I know I said I'd post another chapter today, but todays my first day of "that week of the month" and my tummy feels like its gonna explode! :gnome I'll have something up tomorrow for sure, and if I can find the strength to sit up long enough than maybe later tonight. I'm sorry guys. Thanks for the feedback...I'll reply to that tomorrow too. Cheers, Sheba. :love

Post subject: Re: Guys...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:48 am 
Sheba!!!!!! You dedicated this to me?? Awwwwwwwww :kiss1 :kiss 1

Thats so sweet :) Will give feedback once I've read it all :)

------------------

'I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad..it's depressing' - Tara

Amber Online www.amberbenson-online.cjb.net

Post subject: Re: Guys...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:58 am 
Well here's the feedback!

I love it :D Love the setting, love the way you put Tara, she's much more assertive, and outgoing, and i really like that! :)

Whats up with Zak though? Is he straight or gay? Cause most of my straight friends dont wanna borrow my sunglasses ;)

One thing though: Tara wearing a Real Madrid shirt. :punish ;)

I know lovely Beckham plays there, bút, I've lived in Barcelona so ofcourse now I'm against Real Madrid

(for those who dont know: Real Madrid and Barcelona are rivals since beginning of soccer).

Can't wait to read more!

xx

Miriam

------------------

'I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad..it's depressing' - Tara

Amber Online www.amberbenson-online.cjb.net

Post subject: Chapter 6.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:00 pm 
Hi, I'm back....and feeling tons better at that! I have friends waiting in the room ( Mirr, read Shimona ;) ) and well I'm leaving them there a bit to type out a new chapter since I promised that I'd be back today! Thanks for the feedback guys...will reply to it when I have a lil more time...for now here's some new stuff to chew on! Cheers! :peace

Chapter 6.

"I hope you don't mind" Tara said, as she tied her hair into a high pony.

"No, don't worry" Willow said, looking at Tara's face. The high pony only accented her beautiful features, and it was practically the first time Willow was getting a look at Tara's face, since she'd always had her glasses on earlier. Willow couldn't help but look at the beautiful blue eyes, that she somehow knew could speak volumes when needed. Her gaze moved down to Tara's perfect nose, and finally her lips, where they lingered a little more than they normally would have when looking at another girl. Tara's lips were pink and full..."Delicious looking" Willow thought.

"Ok then, I better go warm up. Hey why don't you stand behind the substitutes bench? I mean you're not a player so you can't sit, but you could stand there, you know, be closer to the action" Tara said, before smiling and walking away.

Willow watched Tara walk away, and then it struck her. "Tara" she called out. Tara stopped walking to turn back and look at Willow with a curious look."Have a good match" Willow said.

"Thank you" Tara said, before turning back and walking towards the rest of the team, who had started their warm up.

Willow moved to the substitutes bench, which was empty since Buffy and the rest of the reserve players were warming up with the other girls. Coach Giles was watching them closely, calling out to some to be less lazy. The girls finished their warm up and began passing the ball around, before Anya moved to the middle of the circle and they started taking shots at her. Willow had heard so much about Tara as a player that she watched her closely, but really, didn't notice anything special about how the girl was just throwing the ball at the moment.

The referee blew the whistle, calling the captains for the toss. Tara and Emily walked onto the field from opposite diirections, grinning at eachother. Once there they shook hands with the coach and then with eachother. Willow watched as Tara gestured her hand towards Emily, allowing her to call the toss. Emily called heads, the coin fell, and she heard the referee say "Tails".

Tara said "We start", and Emily chose the far side again. Tara and the rest of the starters took their places, with Anya making her way to the goal, and the reserves coming over to the bench.

"Well, ok...time for my first handball match!" Buffy said cheerfully, before sitting on the bench with the rest of the girls.

Coach Giles walked over to the bench as well, and looking at Willow he smiled and said "We haven't been properly introduced. I'm Coach Giles".

"Willow Rosenberg" Willow said, shaking the hand Coach Giles offered.

"Pleased to meet you" he said, before looking at the girls in the field and adding "Well this is a tough match we have first up. The girls haven't even practiced a day together as a team. I hope we get through this".

Willow nodded her head, turning her attention back to the field as well.

The referee blew his whistle....the match had begun. Cameron, the P.P had possession, and as soon as the whistle blew she passed to Cordelia, the centre and jogged a little ahead of the rest of the team towards the oppositions goal. The rest follow, in an arch formation throughout. Cordelia to Tara to Samantha, back to Tara to Cordelia to Jessica to Nicole...back again the same way, as the girls reached Xaviers' nine meter arch. Two minutes later Tara fed the ball to Cameron, who faked, gave it back to Tara as she made it to the six meter and threw a weak shot. The Xaviers keeper stopped the ball, and immediately threw it back to one of her players, who'd already taken a head start, and ran towards the UC Sunnydale goal, dribbling. She shot, and Anya made a superb save.

Willow looked around, and noticed the bleachers starting to get very full for this match. She heard someone yell "C'mon Tara!" and looked up to see Zak cheering Tara on.

UCS had possession again, and the girls started to make their way towards the oppositions goal again. Once there, Cordelia tried to turn and pass to Tara, but again Tara moved too slow and was intercepted at the six by the Xaviers defense. The referee awarded a nine meter to UCS, and Willow watched as Cordelia and Tara argued over something. They took the positions, and on the coach's whistle, Cameron took possession, passed to Tara who tried to make her way to the six, and was once again blocked by Emily.

"What in God's name IS she trying to do???" Coach Giles said aloud. He called for a time out, while Willow was wondering if maybe Tara was just a little over rated as a player.

The girls made their way towards the bench. Coach Giles immediately asked Tara "What do you think you're doing out there???"

Tara simply said "Cordelia doesn't want me taking shots from the nine."

Anya heard this and turned her full attention to Cordelia. "Cordy, you haven't played with Tara in over a year. You don't know what she's like. She's really improved her shots these past few months, and you have to remember that YOU'RE the graceful one who makes gaps and scores. Tara doesn't!"

"Alright" Cordelia gave in. "Take your shots!" she said, as the referee blew his whistle, calling for the players to get back onto the field.

"Ahh" Coach Giles said, "Now watch the fireworks."

Possession was UCS's. They made their way towards the Xaviers goal. On the nine, Cordelia had possession. She faked making a gap, got two players on her and at the last moment passed the ball to Tara, who understanding the move had begun to run in from the nine, knowing she was being set up for. Tara collected the ball on the run, jumped somewhere at eight meters and shot. The ball whizzed past the poor Caroline in the Xaviers goal at such a speed that the keeper couldn't do anything but watch it pass.

"Goal for UC Sunnydale!1-0!" The referee called, blowing his whistle as the bleachers around the field erupted with cheers for UCS. Tara jogged back to defense, her head held high, winking at Emily as she passed.

"Now that's more like it!" Coach Giles smiled.

Xaviers took possession, and began their move towards UCS's side. Once on the nine, their outer faked, puling two UCS defenders towards her, before feeding Emily, who seeing the opening got in and scored.

1-1, the teams were tied.

USC started at the half, moving to score. Time time Cordelia tried to fake and create a gap for herself, but was tripped. The referee blew the whistle, indicating a penalty in UCS's favour. Willow watched Tara and Cordelia discuss something for a second, before Tara took the ball and made her way to the penalty line marking. She took position, ball in her right hand, left leg forward, slightly bent at the knee, her foot just touching the line. The referee blew the whistle, Tara shot, putting all her weight onto her left leg as her right rose to give her power. Willow noticed the girls arm and shoulder muscles move, and was in awe of her athletic figure.She watched the ball as it shot into the top right corner of the goal.

"Goal to UC Sunnydale! 2-1!" the referee called, noting it down on his card.

"That's the way girl!" Zak called again, getting Tara to roll her eyes at him and smirk.

Xaviers were getting more aggressive, and Willow noticed Emily was their key player. As they moved to the nine, Emily started dribbling and moving towards the goal, made it to the six and was about to shoot when Jessica touched her shoulder. A penalty was awarded to Xaviers.

"Why???" Willow asked. "She didn't even hurt her!"

"In handball you cannot try and stop a player from behind once they've reached the six" Coach Giles explained. "Even a mere touch is called a foul".

Willow watched as Emily took the same pose as Tara had a mere few minutes earlier, and shot on the coaches whistle. Anya made a brilliant save by stretching to her far right, as once again the bleachers erupted in applause for the keeper.

Willow saw Tara looking at Coach Giles and making a "T" with her hands. Coach Giles called for a time out, and when the team made its way to the bench, he said "Tara has something to say".

EVeryone looked at Tara. "Emily's their key player" she stated. "Cordelia, I want you on her PERMANENTLY on defense. Just imagine she's your siamese. Don't let her past you, or take a shot. The rest of us will stay on the six, and make sure we mark the extra gap. We need to frustrate the team by not letting their no.1 scorer in. This way theres also a better chance that Anya will stop the goals easier, and she can gain us possession with a steal, so we get a better chance to score as well. I'll take the fast breaks...always make sure you know where I am when we've stolen possession."

Willow knew Tara was speaking, and somewhere in her subconscious the words did register, she was sure. However, right them she was staring at how flushed Tara looked, with the sweat on her arms and legs making her shine in the sun. "She even manages to look beautiful in this condition" Willow thought. "Wait, why am I thinking she's beautiful???"

The whistle blew, and Coach Giles called after Tara "Tara, don't run too hard. Your ankles still not a hunder precent."

"Ha! Like she's ever gonna listen" Anya grinned, and she jogged back to the goal.

Willow was still wondering about her thought. "Yeah its ok to think girls are beautiful. I mean you look at Hollywood actresses, and go 'Wow', so why can't you do that in your everyday life?". Satisfied with her logic, she turned her attention back to the game.

Tara's plan was working. Emily was being held back by Cordelia, and the Xaviers team was lost without her. Sita took a weak shot at the goal, which Anya collected easily. Tara was already half way down the firld, and turned around to collect the ball that was thrown her way. Collecting, she turned back towards the Xaviers goal, ran dribbling the ball, got to the six and scored.

"The keeper didn't have a chance in hell to stop that one!" Willow thought.

"That girl runs like lightening" she heard Coach Giles remark, and nodded her head."EVen with that ankle" he added.

By half time, the score was 10 - 3 in UCS's favour. Tara had scored 6, Cordelia 2 and Cameron 1.

By the second half, UCS was high on confidence. At one point Tara herself stole possession by jumping and deflecting a pass, and dribbled all the way to the other end. She was chased by two Xaviers girls, since the rest gave up as soon as they saw her take off. The chasers were no match for her speed, and she easily passed the keeper as well. Coach Giles later called it "the best goal he'd ever seen".

The final whistle blew, and UCS had won 22 - 7, with Tara scoring 14 of the goals. She made her way to the losing team, and Willow watched as she shook hands with all the Xaviers girls, before finally hugging Emily. The rest of the UCS girls also shook hands with the other teams, before coming back to their own side.

"That was some match!!!" Buffy exclaimed, giving Tara a high five.

Tara blushed, softly saying a thanks. Willow noticed that the Tara on field was a lot more "in control girl" than the one off it. She spoke more on the field..."Or maybe she's just quiet around strangers" Willow thought, remembering that Tara didn't really know the whole team that well yet. Still, it did seem like Tara was quieter off the field, preferring to watch people.

Coach Giles said "Ok there aren't any more matches for you'll today, so you can head home. Be here at 10 a.m sharp tomorrow morning. We play JFK in the quarters. They've got two state players, so make sure you get your rest and are fresh tomorrow."

"Hey! We've got Tara!" Sharon said, getting Tara to blush and smile again. Willow couldn't help but grin at the other girls reacyion.

"Um, Tara, can they come over too? That way we can all come together tomorrow as a team" Anya said, raising an eyebrow. Tara simply nodded her head, and Anya spoke to the rest of the team. "Ok guys, you wanna come crash at Tara's tonight?"

"Won't her dorm room be too small?" Sharon asked.

"Tara doesn't live in the dorms. She's got her own one bedroom apartment, and we can all sleep there tonight and come together tomorrow morning. That way we can all get to know eachother, you know, like a team does. I mean who cares if you're only on the bench all throughout the tournament! You're still part of the team!" Cordelia said.

"Sounds good to me" Cameron said, and the rest of the team followed suit.

"Oh, and that includes you Willow" Anya said. "I mean, you are coming tomorrow too right? You're our lucky mascot!"

Willow laughed and said "Yeah that works for me...if Tara's ok I mean....?"

"Duh!" Tara smiled, "Not a problem at all".

"Alright then" Cordelia said, we meet at Tara's place at 7?" Everyone nodded their heads. "Ok, she lives in Oakland Park, apartment no.7. See you guys there then" she said, before waving at everyone and heading towards the parking lot. Everyone else said their goodbyes and walked their seperate ways too.

"Tara's place tonight! That should be fun huh?" Buffy said excitedly.

"Yeah" Willow smiled at her friends enthusiasm. She looked in Tara's direction and saw that Zak had run up to her, and they were talking. Buffy followed her friends gaze and said "Man, isn't he HOT????"

Willow nodded, and began to walk towards Buffy's car.

I promise there's more interaction later! Feedback pwwweeeeezzzz?? :yikes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1401 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next