The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: NEW FIC!!! - AU - "Timeless"
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:30 pm 
5. Willowhand

“Timeless”

by FIRESIGN

Disclaimer:         All characters from Buffy The Vampire Slayer are the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. This is merely a fan fic – not meant to infringe on any copyrights.

Pairings:        Willow/Tara (eventually)…, Buffy & ???

Setting:        AU (Alternate Universe) – kinda sorta… Tara has not come to Sunnydale (yet…), OZ has left, and the Scoobies are dealing with an unknown demon, the likes of which they have never seen before….

Hope you all enjoy!

CZ

Chapter One

“Run! I can’t hold it much longer!” Willow screamed…her hands raised above her head, index fingers and thumbs touching – forming a pyramid…

Xander ran over to an unconscious Buffy, scooping her up in his arms as Anya took off running through the alley towards Giles.

“I’ve got her, Will…let it go – let’s get out of here!” Xander yelled.

“Creature of Darkness…creature of night…with every strike, will you feel my light…back to the depths…back into the mist…Ayala be blessed…your power I dismiss!”

With the final spell rolling off her lips, a flash of blue light bolted from the pyramid of Willow’s hands…hitting the demon mid-chest, bursting it into a million points of blue light….twinkling and then floating off into the darkness.

“Get her out of here…it’s not gone…I’ve just stopped it temporarily!” Willow yelled…running with her friends into the darkness…

Later that night at the Magic Box:

“…so whatever this is…” Xander began.

“It’s obviously a Cthuluian Pyromanancer Demon…”

“Ahhh-em!” Xander cleared his throat. “As I was saying Anya, before I was so rudely interrupted…whatever this is…Buffy can’t get rid of using her usual slayerness…stuff.”

“It would appear not.” Said Giles, removing his glasses and pulling out his handkerchief, cleaning his already clean lenses. “And I must say…even though your suggestion about the Cthuluian Pyromancer is a very good one, Anya…I don’t believe that is what we’re dealing with this time.”

All heads turned towards the stairway, as Willow made her way wearily down the steps to join the rest of the Scoobies.

“H-hey. She’s resting, finally. She’s pretty shook up.”

“And how about you, how are you feeling?” Giles asked, concerned.

“Drained, tired, confused, worried, terrified….um…I think that about covers it.” Willow said, forcing a smile.

“Why don’t you sit down here and let me get you some tea.” Giles said, leading her to the nearest chair. His concern for the petite red-head was more than just as a mentor…it was more as a father, for although he considered all of the Scoobies to be his children, he felt that Willow was the most like him…and that concerned him immensely.

Willow hit the chair with a thud…exhaling with a sigh as she did so.

“Can’t stab it…can’t burn it…can’t bind it…can’t break it…what the heck CAN we do to get rid of this thing?” Asked Xander.

“Well first, I should think we need to determine what exactly it is we’re dealing with and then form a plan of action.” Said Giles, setting down a cup of Earl Grey in front of an exhausted Willow.

“No thanks, Giles…I didn’t want any tea…that’s alright…” Anya said, rather pointedly.

Xander and Giles both flashed her a look of disgust.

“Thanks, Giles…” Willow said, picking up the cup, her hands visibly shaking.

Xander was the first to notice.

“It’ll be okay, Will…we just need to do some research…we’ll find a way…we always find a way, right?” he said, trying to encourage his best-friend.

“I-I’m sorry, guys. I’ve just never felt such power before…it was so dark…it just felt like I was being sucked into this big black abyss, and it was draining every bit of energy that I had…I couldn’t breath…it was like drowning in darkness…in evil.”

Giles was worried. He’d never seen the spunky girl this distraught. Willow was the strong one…always the optimist…but now…

“Yes, well…I suggest we get to that research then…” said Giles, as they headed to the bookshelves…

To Be Continued…

I hope you enjoy it! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

-CZ

Edited by: FIRESIGN at: 9/4/03 4:14 pm

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC!!! - AU - "Timeless"
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:35 pm 
Good start. Even though you don't tell us much, I want to see what is next and what brings our ladies together this time. :tara :love :willow

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:55 pm 
Wow! Reminds me of a CJ Cherryh book, She drops you right in the middle of the action also. (by the way that was a compliment):) Look forward to seeing where you lead us with this.

Chuthulan pyromancer?!? .... Samuri Cat anyone?:eyebrow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:08 pm 
Wow, you really hit the ground running with this one. Good stuff: one short chapter & I'm hooked. Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Russ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:11 pm 
:bigwave ,

I like the start of this fic. :clap :bow Always like the disoreating start in the middle type stories. Those are always the best. Are you going to give us a back drop later? I can't wait to :read and see what you have instore for us next.

bluewillowwitch :glasses :flower :fallen :peace

---------------------------------------------

"Fate keeps on happening."--Anita Loos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:26 pm 
Hi Everybody!

Thanks for reading the start of my new fic! To answer some of your questions - yes - all will be explained at some point. I like dropping you into the action right away - and then coming back later - bringing things full circle. I'm working on a couple of other projects tonight - but I promise to get you an update (much longer) on this fic - as well as my other fic "My First" later on Sept. 4th.

Thanks so much for your support - and please - keep the feedback coming!

Thanks!

CZ - FIRESIGN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:46 am 
:bigwave CZ!!

Just read the beginning of your new fic, and I like it!! :wink

Can't hardly wait to see how you bring our favourite girls together this time!!

What I'm sure of is that I'll love it, 'cause I really like the way you express their love for each other :)

Update soon, pleeeeeeease?? :pray

Willowtara19 :kitty

Post subject: UPDATE - TIMELESS CHAPTER 2
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:26 am 
Chapter Two

Eight hours, ten pots of tea, 23 magical history books, and several ‘Good Lord’s’ later…

“Oh my.” Giles said, “I think I may have found something here…”

The rest of the Scoobies’ ears perked up…feeling suddenly revitalized.

“Whatcha got there…?” Xander began.

“Yeah! Whatcha got there, Giles?” Buffy said.

All eyes turned toward the staircase to see the Slayer. They had been so into their research that no one had heard her stirrings upstairs.

“Buffy!” Willow said – running to her best friend’s side. “…you’re okay! I mean, you were okay before…but you were pretty banged up and all…and doing the all-unconscious thing…scary…”

Buffy smiled – she always had loved Willow-babble.

“Buffy, I’m glad to see you’re up and around, but I think it best if you would just take the opportunity to rest a while yet. We’ve got quite a task ahead of us, and we’re going to need you in top form.” Added Giles.

“I’ll be fine, you guys…now what did you find, Giles?” Buffy said, easing herself down the stairs one by one.

“Well…I believe that we’re not dealing with one of our ‘run-o’-the-mill’ demon-types here. It appears that the creature that we encountered was some sort of demi-god…by the name of…let me see here…Kaliphicus? Yes, that’s it…”

“Did you say Kaliphicus? Because I think I saw something about that in one of the druidic history books here somewhere…”

Willow started going through the piles of books on the table once more…tossing this one and that one aside, until…

“Got it! Ok…let me see…it says…here it is…it says here that back in the early 1800’s, a woman, Siobbhan McCleary, was banished from a coven in Glouchester when it was suspected that she had been trying to summon one of the demi-gods of the underworld, Kaliphicus, to grant her the power to command the spirits of the dead…”

“Spirits of the dead? You mean like ghosties and all?”

“More like their … their life-forces, Xander.” Giles interjected.

Xander stood there with a blank look on his face – clearly not quite grasping what they were saying.

“Umm…like spiritual mojo.” Willow added, knowing that Xander clearly understood mojo.

“Ahhhh!” he said, shaking his head knowingly “ I knew that!”

“Honey, it’s alright, no one expects you to have a well defined grasp of the English language…” Anya piped in.

“Just what exactly do you mean by that?!”

“Well, you never have before…why would we expect you to now?” added Buffy.

“What is this, pick on Xander night?”

Giles had enough…

“Good Lord…” he said – for the umpteeth time that night. “Can we please just continue? Willow…please – continue.”

“Ok…so anyhow…she managed to summon Kaliphicus – and he told her that he would grant her the power that she so craved – but it would cost her the lives of those dearest to her…her children….so she had second thoughts.”

“You mean, basically…she chickened out at the last minute.”

“Yeah, Buff. Basically. Well…seems that Kaliphicus didn’t take that real well…guess he had a real craving for sacrificial children….he kinda went on a rampage, killing Siobbhan, her family, and much of the village before he was stopped.”

“Oh, my.”

“So how did they stop him?”

“Well, it doesn’t really say much about how…all it says that two of the witches in the coven were finally able to force Kaliphicus to return to the underworld…”

“Well, it’s a start – why don’t we all get some sleep and we’ll start again on this in the morning bright and early.” Giles suggested.

“Now that’s the best idea I’ve heard all night!”

“Come on Xander…let’s go home and have wild, kinky sex now…all of this talk about the dark ages has got me thinking about you and me and those sets of furry handcuffs that you got last week…”

“Umm….yeah…” Xander was blushing “Anya, honey…let’s go….we’ll talk about this in the car…” he said, taking her by the arm and basically running out the doorway.

“Hey…you guys go on…I’m just gonna finish reading a little more…I’ll catch up with you later…”

“You sure, Will?”

“Yeah, think I’ll just crash in the training room tonight. I’ll see you all in the morning.”

“Very well. Do get some sleep – you’ve had a rough night, dear.”

Willow smiled “I will, Giles.”

“Night Will.” Buffy said, as she walked out the door with Giles.

“Night, Buff.”

It wasn’t long before Willow, too succumbed to her exhaustion, laying her head down on the very book she was reading…

To Be Continued….

Post subject: Re: UPDATE - TIMELESS CHAPTER 2
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:34 am 
I'm loving this story of yours as much as "My first". You really are good at this!! :bow

Quote:
Eight hours, ten pots of tea, 23 magical history books, and several 'Good Lord's' later...

This had me on the ground for quite some time :)

Pleeeeeeeease, keep it comin'!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:58 am 
Hey :bigwave

Another story from you...great...i already like your first one...and this one is really good too...

Wonder where Tara was all the time:hmm She wasnt around, no?

Next part asap, pls:grin

u:wave

SoL/Natti

This is a duet, Amber! You need to sing!"- Tony

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:20 am 
Hi :wave

I really liked the start of this story. Quite intriguing the whole demi God plot.

I wonder if McCleary has anything to do with MaClay :hmm

(hum... I misspelled Tara last name, didn't I? Time for a little research :blush )

"If it makes you happy, it can´t be that bad" - Sheryl Crow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:17 am 
This looks like another great fic - I'm hooked already!

Every time you walk away, I pretend that I'm okay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:44 pm 
This demon sounds serious. Now, when is Tara going to show up? I miss her presence already.

Post subject: UPDATE - TIMELESS CHAPTER 3
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:11 pm 
Chapter Three

Everything was dark...spinning...out of control...the air thick like a blackened sludge...sending her heaving to move the viscous liquid in and out of her lungs...spinning...further, faster, deeper, into the abyss...

Until...a single speck of light appeared in the darkness...just one...but one so bright, so intense, that it's light outshown this pit of darkness...

The silence was deafening...driving her insane...but like the light, there came something, someone...calling her back to sanity...

"Tara!" Willow yelled, waking herself abruptly.

"Will, have you been here all night?"

"Buff - umm...yeah" she said, coming out of her daze "...I must've fallen asleep while I was reading..." Willow stretched, trying to shake off the krinks brought on by using a 300 year-old book in place of a pillow.

"Who's Tara?"

"Who?" Willow asked, somewhat confused.

"Tara...the name you were yelling when I walked in here...."

Willow looked confused...something about the name seemed familiar...yet she didn't know anyone named Tara.

"I'm not sure..." still looking rather puzzled.

"Wait...I think there might have been something ..." she said, thumbing through the book she had fallen asleep on "yes, here it is...must've read it right before I conked out. It says that one of the witches of the pair that was able to defeat Kaliphicus was named Tara...a white witch with immense power..."

"So what does it say about the other one?"

"The other what?" Xander said, barging in the door with Anya (and doughnuts) in tow.

"Doughnuts!" Buffy said, quickly taking two...

"Tfe othfrer wifffch." Buffy said, her mouth full of Krispy Kreme...

"Oh, did she say 'Wiffich'? Because if it's a 'Wiffich', we're doomed...I remember when I was only 223 years old...I was busy eviscerating this man...what was his name..." Anya babbled.

"Anya, honey...she said witch..."

"Oh...well...it sounded like 'Wiffich' to me..."

"What other witch?" Xander asked.

"The second witch that paired up with this white witch, Tara, to force Kaliphicus back into the underworld..." Willow explained.

"The book doesn't say?" Buffy was annoyed at the thought that the book was holding something back...

"Just a sec...there's some stuff here...I think it's Sumerian or something..."

"Did I hear someone say Sumerian?" Giles asked, walking through the door. He was surprised to see that all of the Scoobies had beaten him to the Magic Box this morning....especially after a night like last night! "Oh my, looks like I'm the sleepy head this morning..."

"Giles...can you translate this?" Willow asked, pointing to a phrase in the book.

"Let me see here...my Sumerian is a bit rusty and all but....it seems to be speaking of a 'red witch'...odd...I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing...yes..that's it...'a red witch who travelled from afar...making the purest sacrifice...' ...oh, I'm sorry...the rest seems indecipherable....'red witch'....hmmm."

Xander looked around the room...his eyes falling on Willow.

"Is anybody else here making the connection?"

"What are you talking about, Xander?"

"Hel-lo! The 'red' witch!...." he said...pointing at Willow..."so maybe, like...Willow travelled back in time...and saved the day with this Tara-chick...and then came back here...but she doesn't know that yet ...because she hasn't gone yet...it isn't time....and you had to have folded the time-space continuum...." Xander made complete sense...to Xander.

"Um..honey." Anya said, taking his arm and smiling. "He's been watching too much Star Trek lately..."

"No...wait...he might have something there..."

"Ah-HA! See! I'm not stupid!"

"You mean you think that the red witch was actually Willow?" Buffy couldn't believe that Giles was suggesting that....

"No, no...more likely that it was one of her ancestors...." Giles answered.

"Well...I for one am not all for the 'let's send Willow back in time to fight Kaliphicus again'..." Willow said, rather matter of factly...

"Well one thing is for certain...we definitely need to look into this further...particularly Willow's ancestry."

"Well, no time like the present..." Buffy said.

"Or the past...from the sounds of it...."

Tara....everytime Willow thought of the name, her whole body tingled....

To Be Continued...

Feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks! -CZ

Post subject: Re: UPDATE - TIMELESS CHAPTER 3
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:21 pm 
Interesting. Explanations soon? :confused

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:26 pm 
Hey guys -

Hang in there...all will be explained eventually...I'm just taking a little while longer to develop things in this one...

Thanks!

CZ

Hope you like it!:bigwave

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:20 pm 
You've got me curious there. Very interesting indeed. It's just me or Xander made more sense (in a whole fanfiction way) than he normaly would? Well, the tittle would make sense then.

Will Faith make an appearance?? She's one of my fav characters (besides Will and Tare, OF COURSE!) all with the bad girl attitude.

Update soon!

Iz

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - quote by Herm Albright

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:35 pm 
:bigwave ,

I have just :read the last 2 updates, I love them! :clap :bow :willow and :tara from another life time? I can't wait to :read frther and see where you take this. Update soon, please? :pray :pray

bluewillowwitch :glasses :flower :fallen :peace

----------------------------------------------

"Fate keeps on happening."--Anita Loos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:28 am 
Wow what another great start to a fic, you really have a nack for writing fanfic, cant wait for our girls to find each other!

ash

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:59 am 
OH now it gets really interesting....:bounce

And Xanders sentence! Wow i never read such a long sentence from him! But he is clever....Willow the red witch hehehhe Good boy:p

Want to :read more really really soon!!!

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

This is a duet, Amber! You need to sing!"- Tony

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:42 am 
More interesting developments...

Should be very interesting to see how everything comes together.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:45 am 

I'm very interested! More please!!

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:58 am 
I like the way you're developing this story. Using the past as a link is a great idea!

Look forward to more.

BV

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before"-Mae West

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:33 pm 
Ooh, it's getting interesting. I liked this part:
Quote:
Willow stretched, trying to shake off the krinks brought on by using a 300 year-old book in place of a pillow.

Gave me a funny visual.

~Sappho

Willow: Yeah, that’s me. Reliable dog geyser person.

Anya: Give me a beer.

Bartender: I.D.

Anya: [“You have got to be kidding me”]

Anya: I’m 1,120 years old!!! Just give me a friggin’ beer!

Anya: [Sighs; defeated] Give me a Coke.

Post subject: UPDATE - TIMELESS CHAPTER 4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:22 pm 
Chapter Four

Darkness was falling once again, and still, they had no answers...

"I'm afraid perhaps we're on the wrong track here..." Giles said, exasperated.

"What makes you say that?" Buffy hoped that wasn't the case, that they'd spent another whole day researching and were still coming up empty handed...

"Well...it seems no matter how far back we trace Willow's ancestry, we're not coming up with any family members that would have been even remotely travelling in that region of the country at that time..."

A look of disappointment shown on Buffy's face. It was clear that the Slayer was worried...

They all were...

"Well...perhaps retiring at a decent hour and getting a full night's rest will shed new light on the situation."

Willow's eyes caught a glimpse of something in the small leather-bound book in front of her...

"Wait...guys...maybe Xander wasn't that far off.....there's a spell here I didn't see before...kinda like astral projection...but in a different time frame..." Willow explained.

"No! Absolutely not!" Giles said, taking the book from her, closing it, and slamming it onto the table.

"What? I could just go back for a little while...and observe...find out who this 'red witch' is...and what she and the white witch did to banish Kaliphicus..."

"Were you listening to me at all?!"

Willow winced. She had never seen Giles so cross with her.

Giles saw the look of fear on Willow's face and realized what he had done. He took a deep breath and calmed himself before continuing...

"Willow, this spell requires harnessing dark magick...forces you should not be toying with. I'm sorry, but I'll not budge on this...we will find another way. End of discussion." Giles gathered up a few of the books and hurried out the door.

"Wow...." Willow said.

"Yeah...wow. Really got his panties in a bind over that one...way to go, Will!"

The tone of sarcasm in Buffy's voice was hard to miss.

"...I was just trying to help."

"It's not worth the risk, Will...something else will come up... come on, Anya and I will walk you home..." Xander said, trying to quell the emotions in the room.

"Thanks Xander..."

"I've got to patrol, you guys...I'll see you later..." Buffy said, heading out the door.

Xander could see the hurt in his best friend's face. He walked over to Willow, took the sweater from the back of her chair, holding it outstretched.

Willow slipped her slender arms through the sweater...

"It'll be okay, Will...everybody's just a little tense right now..."

"Yes. People tend to get that way when they know that death is inevitable." Anya said.

"Let's just go home, guys, k? No more talk of 'inevitable death' tonight...nothing but sweet thoughts of puppies and kittens and ..." Xander began...

"Bunnies..." Willow added...looking at Anya...waiting for her reaction....

"You laugh now...but I'm telling you...they are the most vile, vicious, creatures...all nose-twitchy, hopping ...spreading their evil little hoppy offspring all around...."

Anya's dissertation on the evils of bunny rabbits continued as the three of them walked off into the night.....

Xander and Anya made sure that Willow got through the door safely before continuing on to their apartment.

Willow closed the door, locking it behind her. As she walked up the stairs, she took the small leather-bound book from her waistband...with all of the commotion when Giles walked out...no one had seen her take the book...

It's a simple spell...I'll just go back long enough to find out who she is...no one will know...besides...they'll thank me later!

To Be Continued.....

Post subject: Re: UPDATE - TIMELESS CHAPTER 4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:32 pm 
NO!! Willow is always so hard-headed. I have a feeling something is going to go wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:37 am 
Uh-oh. Willow and dark magic is never a good thing. You've got me all worried now. :paranoid

Anya was hilarious, loved her comments on bunnies and 'inevitable death :lol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:16 pm 
:wave CZ!!

WOW! Two really intriguing and interesting updates!! :)

Willow's gonna get herself in trouble, isn't she?? :paranoid

This story of yours got me hooked. Can't wait to see what happens next!! Update soon, pleeeeease? :pray

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:41 pm 
Hi Everybody...

I hate to disappoint you all - but I'm probably not going to be posting an update tonight until really, really late...I'm getting a tattoo back piece (celtic knotwork)- and will be out until quite late...but I'll try! Thanks for the great feedback!

CZ - aka FIRESIGN

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:14 pm 

It's amazing! Everytime I want more, and more...

and Soon! Don't forget about the soon!

But it's great cos you update quite regularly which makes you GREAT in my book!!!

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next