The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5204 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 174  Next
 Post subject: The all purpose happy feelings thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 7:52 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Select, Copy & Paste:

Aside from being a place where we can share our love for Willow and Tara, Amber and Aly or talk about LGBT subjects the Kittenboard is also a place where people can talk about what is going on in their lives, both the good stuff and the bad. This can be done every day in the daily thread or in individual threads started by Kittens to talk about important personal events. As an addition to that the mods have decided to start 2 threads where kittens can share happy or crappy feelings.

You can find the crappy feelings one here

So if you are feeling exceedingly happy you can post the how, when, why or who here. Whether it be because you finally won the lottery or because that annoying person from work or school stepped into that big pile of shit you that you just missed or because the sun is shining on your day off instead of it raining cats and dogs, so you won't have to spend the entire day sneezing and itching because you happen to be allergic to cats and dogs, or you can post because you are happy that I will finally stop typing now.

Now on with the thread, feel free to feel happy now and hopefully not crappy later. :p

Edited by: DrG at: 1/30/05 4:16 am

Post subject: Re: The all purpose happy feelings thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 1:42 pm 
OK, I have a number of general all purpose happy feelings to share. First, my computer is allowing me to post for the first time in months!!! I don't know why it's working, but it makes me happy that I can now give a big shout out to the great authors on PENS. Next, we had an ultrasound today, and our perfect baby girl that is due on Jan 6 is doing perfectly. My better half has had a wonderful pregnancy, so we are feeling doubly blessed. So I hope all the kitties get a happy today:wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:47 pm 
Congrats Hushpuppy! :D A new :baby is a perfect way to start the Happy Feelings thread. Jan 6 is so close. You must be very excited. I wish your family many happy days.

I think this thread is great. Hopefully there will be lots of posts here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:59 pm 
I just wanted to post my happy thought for the day. Actually, it's something that I have learned to live by. I like to look at my life, and focus on the positive things. Perception of your own life is extremely important. No matter how bad your day, week, or even year has been, look at the good things that have happened. I am so grateful for my life ... I have my health, a roof over my head, food on my plate, and an amazing partner :love to share it with. Every day I focus on these happy things, and, you know what? Life is good!!! :party

:lol OK, I'm going to walk off into the sunset now! :lol

:wave think a happy thought

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 4:18 pm 
Can I just pop in and tell you all how I am soooooo happy with this Happy Feelings Thread? I mean, there is no thing better than happiness, so yay!

Now even if I ever have crappy feelings I can just go here and get all happy with the happiness I read about here. Great idea mods!!!!

*edited because I still can't type

Patricia

---------------

W-what were they looking at?

-The hotness of you doofus!!!

Edited by: wiltar  at: 12/24/02 4:06:00 pm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 6:59 pm 
Oh this is so definitely the thread for me!

It's so good to be happy! I've decided that the meaning of life is to do things that make you and other people HAPPY! Yay Happy thread!

~La

"And he remained with him that night, because Jesus taught him the mystery of the kingdom of God." ~the part of the Gospel of Mark that didn't make it into the canonical version

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 4:14 pm 
Well, I'm posting in here because I'm happy. Very happy. This is a good time and it's wonderful to be around here right now. And hey, did I mention the fancy dress New Year's Eve party? Hee.

"The radio is biggin' it up." ~ The wit and wisdom of Sarah Harding.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 4:29 pm 
I'm happy because - as I said last night in the daily thread - someone wants to publish my book, Hoosier Girl. I spent this morning going over the proposed contract they sent me, comparing it to some advice on contracts that I got from WritersMarket.com. It looks like a reasonable enough deal, although I do have some questions and I'm tempted to ask one of the lawyers in my family to look at it.

The company is Royal Fireworks Publishing of Unionville NY. They market themselves as publishers of "books for gifted children, their parents and teachers," and they say they do a lot of promotional effort to the educational sector as well as the bookstore market. I've already got a sale lined up for them - a woman in my church choir is already asking when the book will be out so she can order several copies for the young readers' program at Cal State LA.

Yes, this is definitely a happy-feelings kind of day. :grin

------------------------------------------------
"A man who fails well is greater than one who succeeds badly. - Thomas Merton

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 10:42 pm 
I'm happy because this morning Santa brought me an engagement ring. This J-Ho is now permanently off the market. :blush

I's gettin' married. :shock

"Nadine is hotter than STD Sarah any day, baby! Girls aloud: Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho!" J-Ho

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 10:46 pm 

Congratulations!

And you've been off the market for a while dear ;)

If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.

Tallulah Bankhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 10:47 pm 
Woo-Hoo!!! :bounce :bounce :bounce

Congrats Julia!!! :clap :clap :clap

------------------------------------------------
"A man who fails well is greater than one who succeeds badly. - Thomas Merton

Edited by: BBOvenGuy  at: 12/25/02 8:47:57 pm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 10:48 pm 
Congratulations Julia! That's wonderful news.

________
"Oh, good, my dog found the chainsaw."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:57 am 
well congrats julia... I'm very happy for ya.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 7:34 am 
Congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:33 pm 
Ah Jho...my very own Jho. Darnit, I was working up to asking you to marry me in the next millenium as well.

Oh wait. No I wasn't. Um, I can accept defeat gracefully.

Or y'know, not. Hee.

Congrats love; if it's what makes you happy, then I'm all for it. :love

"You think I smell like a mermaid?"
"No, I think it's haddock...or carp...Do us a favour dear Nan and put your glove back on."
~ Titty Saunders and Nancy Boy French

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:40 pm 
Congratulations, Julia!!!

Very happy that you are happy!!!

skittles

"I love the with a love I seemed to lose With all my lost saints, - I love thee with the breath,

Smiles, tears, of all my life!! - and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death."

-- Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Sonnet XLIII, from the Portuguese

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:53 pm 
Julia, that’s wonderful news! :bounce I’m glad to hear that Santa was so good to you. You must have been sort of a good girl after all, in spite of your assertions to the contrary. Congratulations and good luck, and may you live happily ever after!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:08 pm 
Thanks for the well-wishing, Kitties. Jerri was teasing me last night and said that one of her first ideas for proposing to me was to do it on the Kitten board. Heh. "Because then I could be sure I had your complete attention. :p " was the gist of it. That ho. She went with a slightly more romantic route, though. ;)

And Rosenberg, along with the key to my engagement ring, I also got a lovely selection of naughty odds and ends in my stocking, including my first pair of handcuffs.

:shock I know, I'm shocked that I didn't already own a pair, too. And I call myself a whore. For shame.

Spank me, I'm Julia.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:24 pm 
Congratulations Bob..You deserve it..If your book is anywhere near as good as your essays, then I too look forwar to it's publication..

And congratulations Julia...Now it's time to start planning your honeymoon, and then the decor of the nursery, and then...never mind..Be happy:clap

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:47 pm 
Congratulations Bob!

Congratulations Julia!

Much coolness in this thread today.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 5:09 pm 
Congratulations :bounce plus extra congratulations for having a sig that makes me laugh!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 5:32 pm 
Hello Kittens-

Wow. Babies and rings and book deals, oh my! I LIKE this thread. My happy news is my wife and I have five days off TOGETHER starting Saturday. And you know what WE'LL be doing.

Catching up on the latest movies, of course. :grin

And a happy word of advice. Flannel sheets.

Now get out there and have a great New Year!

Jixer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 10:07 pm 
“And Rosenberg, along with the key to my engagement ring, I also got a lovely selection of naughty odds and ends in my stocking, including my first pair of handcuffs.”

Your virgin pair of handcuffs? Well, I must admit, I’m shocked! Perhaps Santa got his list mixed up and they were actually supposed to go to someone else. You know... maybe you could have them bronzed, like a first pair of baby shoes. That is, after you’re finished using them for whatever purpose you might have in mind. And I hope you enjoy all the other little naughty goodies that were in your stocking. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 10:39 pm 

Congratulations Julia & Jerry.

Handcuffs and goodies.......what a great way to celebrate your engagement:whistle

Ann-Marie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:28 pm 
Oh, wow. Just a flood of happy in here!

Congratulations to both Bob and Julia. May your respective futures bring you happiness and fulfilment.

"...you can make those two characters as dewey-eyed in love and it would never be too much."

-Chris Golden, on W/T

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:02 am 
Wow. I wander away from the board for a few days and all sorts of happiness starts to break out. :hmm

First and foremost, my dear :jho , congratulations indeed darlin'! You deserve every form of happiness and I'm very happy you've had such a Merry Christmas. Just one question though . . . when Santa brings you an engagement ring, does that mean you've been extra naughty or extra nice??? :confused

I've been very happy myself of late and, well, it's addictive! :D

I like blinkin', I do.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:37 am 
Well, I'm happy today (this is becoming a personal best; two days in a row...) because my brother and sister-in-law visited and I do love them. They've been very good to me this year. They didn't even mention the whole "lesbian bedroom with pictures of half-naked Amber and Aly" decoration either. Hee. In fact, I think my brother was rather impressed. ;)

"You think I smell like a mermaid?"
"No, I think it's haddock...or carp...Do us a favour dear Nan and put your glove back on."
~ Titty Saunders and Nancy Boy French

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:44 am 
Congrats to Julia, only just got around to reading the news.

:clap :bounce :clap

It's really great to see all the happy feelings here, keep it coming!

"Everything's brighter just before,

and it's just before always."

- Margaret Atwood, Interlunar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:03 pm 
Congratulations Julia! What a great time for getting engaged! Nothing like some happy news for the best Christmas preseant! Hope you will be happy and married for a long long time!

Garner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 12:51 pm 
Wow!! congratulations to Hushpuppy, Bob, and Julia!

I've been thinking a lot about happy feelings recently. At this time last year I was confused, desparately lonely, and suicidally depressed. I have some wonderful friends who stuck by me, called me every day to make sure I got up, and urged me to get help. Also about a year ago I found the Kitten. Since then I've come out, to myself, my friends, family and at work. I've been amazed, and feel very lucky, that the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive - even from parents of students and former students. :shock :party Most importantly, I also met my girlfriend, who makes me feel like I'm not alone for the first time in my life. :heart I'm going to visit her tomorrow :bounce , and we already are planning visits in the spring - when she will meet my family! :pray - and arranging to live together next summer. It's been quite a year - I never thought I would be this happy. I feel so blessed.

Wishing all of you a year of health and happiness. :kiss to my love.

Life is full of changes...The better you are at letting go of things, the freer your hands will be to catch something new. ~from Off The Map by Joan Ackerman
"It's good to be a chicken casserole," Tara murmured before passing out. ~from "Answering Darkness" by Sassette

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5204 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 174  Next