The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Forum Guidelines / Creative Help / Betas
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:00 am 
Welcome to our member's creativity forum.

The Different Colored Pens forum was created as an exclusive Willow/Tara and Amber/Aly creativity forum. It is a strictly on topic forum and that naturally limits what can be posted there. The Pens has gradually grown and it has become very clear that there are a lot of creative kitties out there. Maybe some would like to share their non-WT/AA creations as well. This forum is meant for your original works. There are only a few guidelines (really, just a few, we promise to keep things simple for us all.

GUIDELINES

1. no fanfic of any kind.

The Pens will always be there for Willow/Tara fic. Fics from other tv shows already have their own specific websites. Stories or poetry that are not directly based on characters from existing tv shows or movies are very welcome. It does not have to be an entire novel, if you just want to post parts of your work to get feedback from your possible audience that is fine as well.

2. no graphic violence, neither in writing or imagery.

We are not fussy about strong language or sex (as long as it is consensual and not between adults and minors, what the legal age for consent is differs from country to country, so please stay away from that line to prevent any debates or moderating), just be sure to post the proper warnings.

3. Fan art is allowed!

You can post works (drawings, wallpapers, vids, etc.) here that deal with other TV shows or movies.

4.General posting customs from the Pens apply here as well.

Try to keep similar work in one thread as much as possible, poetry in one thread, drawings in another thread etc. This makes it easier for others to keep track of your work and saves forum space, so we can keep as many threads active as possible. As always, try and avoid double posting unless you are adding new creative work. If you post a link to your other work, instead of posting it directly make sure that behind that link isn't anything that goes against the general FAQ of the board, specifically in regards to WT.

5. Posts will not be screened any more. They will post as soon as you post.

6. This forum is for members of the board.

This area is for Kittens who bonded through their love of Tara and Willow. So, before starting a thread for your work here on The Inward Eye, you should spend a few weeks becoming involved in other areas of the board, such as Different Colored Pens, Witches & Vixens, The Kitten, and Genuine Molded Plastic. You do not have to post in all of these forums, but you should participate in some of them.

That's it for now, we may change or add a few things as we go along. We only want to post on this forum as an audience ourselves, meaning we aren't going to be moderating actively. If anyone does have questions about what they can and cannot post or if anyone feels uncomfortable by something that has been posted they can still mail us of course and we can check it out.

CREATIVE HELP

Like the "Creative help" thread on Pens and the "Ask ANY Question" threads on the Kitten and Witches & Vixens.

This is a safe place to ask questions about your story or poetry.

BETAS

Need a beta? Want to be a beta? Post!

---The mods

Post subject: Re: Welcome to the new forum & a few guidelines
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:04 pm 
Dr G, when do we get to see your stuff????? hmm??

skittles

"Before I built a wall I'd ask to know

What I was walling in or walling out,

And to whom I was like to give offense." - Robert Frost, Mending Wall

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:45 pm 
heh - I like the title for this board! :p What a great idea!!! :clap for the mods.

Life is full of changes...The better you are at letting go of things, the freer your hands will be to catch something new. ~from Off The Map by Joan Ackerman
"It's good to be a chicken casserole," Tara murmured before passing out. ~from "Answering Darkness" by Sassette

Edited by: Pixie gishmock at: 3/22/03 2:48:16 pm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:28 pm 
Skittles, as soon as I have time to take pics of the drawings I have lying around. I haven't been very productive since I found the Kitten. I wonder why. :hmm

Edited to add: Already we are changing things a bit, heh, feedback helps us as well. A guidline has been added and one has been changed.

-------------------------

Coffee, Food, Kisses and Gay Love........Get it while you are hot

Edited by: DrG at: 3/23/03 1:40:35 am

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:29 am 
Quote:
5. Posts will have to be released first.

I know that I'm being slow, It's too early on a sunday morning to be thinking, but I can't figure out what this means. :

I understand, you should be with the person you l-love

I am

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:22 am 
I think this is a great idea (like all the new changes :) )

I've not really written much stuff, but I'd never dare write (or at least post) any W/T fic - there's too much good work out there. But posting just 'general' work - that's not so scary ;)

Feena

-x-

-----------------------------------------------------

The inward eye, the sightless sea, Ayala flows through the river in me...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:11 am 
Hey, justin, nah, that's not slow. It's a really good question.

Saying that posts have to be released means that a post you make isn't immediately visible on the board. It's visible to mods and marked as something that hasn't been released. A mod then has to release it for it to be visible on the board.

i know there is strength
in the differences between us
and i know there is comfort
where we overlap

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:55 am 
Erm I have a question...is there any rule about the length of the pieces? I have a story that I am writing that is getting fairly long and I was wondering if it were okay to.

I still may not post it but it would be nice to know I COULD if I ever got the guts to.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:28 am 
Hey, Paigeosity. Nope, no rules about length. There are novel-length fics on Pens. So the sky's pretty much the limit here, too.

A single post will only hold so much, though, so you'll probably have to break it up. (I actually have no idea exactly how much a post will hold, but I know some folks on Pens run into that issue with long updates.)

I hope you get the guts!

life in plastic / it's fantastic

Post subject: Question About Betas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:25 pm 
I'm asking here cause I couldn't decide whether or not the Beta Thread in Pens would be the appropriate place or not. I'm working on an original piece of fiction that I would really like to have beta'd, preferably by one of the amazing writers that I've found in Pens. Is it inappropriate to ask for a beta for this part of the board in the pens section? The things I would be requesting help/proofing on would be general pacing, plot development, etc.

Post subject: Re: Question About Betas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:50 pm 
Hey, Big Dummy. Since the Pens threads are just for fics that are going to be on Pens, we changed this thread a bit, so that it's now also for asking questions and looking for beta readers for works that are going to be here.

Hope you find a good beta!

go         donut           go

Post subject: Re: Question About Posting
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:47 pm 
Hello most magnificant mods (can you tell I'm about to ask for something...). Well, I am, but that doesn't lessen the compliment. ;)

Inward Eye has been up for almost a year now. Soooo, I'm wondering if you'd (maybe, please) consider lifting the 'release post' restriction here. If you haven't had to zap (any/many) threads or replies, especially recently, perhaps the time is right to open up the forum. I know that the restriction makes editing (and lord knows, there's always editing required with ezcode, not to mention the never-caught-until-it's-posted writing gaffs) difficult. Generally, I've found the post are released quickly, and I thank you for that. However, it might make the experience for the writers and readers more rewarding if we were able to post (and edit) as we do in the other KB forums. Just a plea from a kitten who redefines impatient.

Peace!!

Patches

You know I've heard about people like me. But I never made the connection. They walk one road to set them free, And find they've gone the wrong direction. But there's no need for turning back 'cause all roads lead to where I stand. And I believe I'll walk them all No matter what I may have planned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:51 pm 

Hi patches, I hear your concerns. Let me explain ours. We intended this to be a small place for kittens to post their original work. The easiest way to accomplish both goals is to have approval of messages. In truth, we release 99.9% of things posted. However, occasionally there are brand new members posting their original work here. This the only kind of moderation we've done here.

Instead of dealing with the complaints about where something went, it's better if we have to release things.

I respect your problem, but I feel we have a pretty quick turn around. Most things are released right away and rarely will something have to wait more than a few hours (usually when posted overnight). If you post in the evenings (pacific time), I can personally guarantee quick releases.

If you feel something didn't post right, just post it again and say delete the other one. Or you can perhaps be a little more careful before posting, use the preview feature, etc.

I am also willing to hear more arguments though if this is a huge problem with people.

I wish ezboard had a feature that allowed only certain posting levels to post in a forum that would make this completely unecessary.

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Hard work often pays off after time but laziness always pays off now!"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:00 am 
i want to post my first story but it has some violence in it.. it has a purpose though i swear... would that be okay?

someone reply back asap please!

-kelsey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:21 pm 
It is part of the faq. However, I am willing to listen, if you want to email me the particulars xita@xita.org

- - - - - - - - - - -
"No more twat. No more twat for me. Twat gets me into trouble!" - Crack Whore Jenny, The L Word

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:25 pm 
Well, I posted this question on the Kitten and I didn't get a response, so I thought I'd try here.

I was wanting to share some pictures I've taken, but wasn't sure if this is the right place. They aren't digital pictures. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Jen

||My Fan Fiction and More!|| ||My Yahoo Group||
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You make me beautiful, You make me stand in awe; You stepped inside my heart, And I am amazed; I love to hear you say, Who I am is quite enough; You make me worthy of love and beautiful." ~ Bethany Dillon, "Beautiful."

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:49 am 
Jennpur, I have to admit I'm confused

Quote:
Well, I posted this question on the Kitten and I didn't get a response, so I thought I'd try here.

I just looked at the digital photography thread and there was a post there asking if it was okay to post non digital pictures on that thread and Warduke answered that it was okay.

Is that what you're talking about, are have I got completely the wrong end of the stick :confused

"To mess up a Linux box you need to work at it; to mess up a Windows box you just need to work on it."

Post subject: Age Question
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:18 pm 
I'm writing a lesbian love story, set in a high school. It's about a young, out-to-herself lesbian and her crush on an older student. I'm having concerns about the ages of the characters, though. The older girl is a senior in high school (recently turned 17), the younger is a sophomore (3 months away from 16 at the time of the story). Now, I know that I have read, in my own teenage years, plenty of heterosexual stories wherein the age difference is the same as mine, and it didn't bother me at all. For my own story, I'm feeling hesitant about the age difference here.

The reasoning for the age difference is...well, it serves to set up yet one more kinda barrier of sorts, as the younger character is also shy and withdrawn, and her older, more experienced friend is responsible for eventually bringing her out of her shell.

Anyway, it's hard for me to figure out what's acceptable in this. I completely remember developing huge crushes on older girls when I was 15-16. Is it inappropriate/unrealistic for a 15 and 17 year-old to fall in love? Is 16 and 18 better, or does 18 delve into adult/minor territory? Should they both be the same age and scrap the rest?

Quick thing to keep in mind:

There is no sex involved in my story (I'm not good at writing it anyway)

Post subject: Re: Age Question
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:10 am 
Hey, Big Dummy. Since the age difference you're talking about is only a little over a year and there won't be any sex anyway, your story sounds fine for here. :)

and i don't really care if you think i'm strange   /   i ain't gonna change

Post subject: Re: Age Question
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:14 pm 
Thanks (belated, mind you) maudmac for the response. I've got it all sorted now.

Okay, one last, heartfelt request for a beta, and then I give up and I'm unleashing this fic on the board and cannot be held responsible for what may ensue. :paranoid

Seriously, I've been itching to get some feedback on this (and the gf's too busy to re-read a 177-page and still going story), so I'm feeling like I've gotta do this. Soon. Anyone? Bueller?

Post subject: Beta WAS signing up for duty but, ya know
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:14 pm 
ETA: Which reminds me, I think I need a beta myself. *wince* I've just started another story (totally gave up on the last one...hope the mods will do me the kindness of deleting the thread...I wince every time I reread the the thing) and methinks I could use a fresh pair of eyes. Anyone?

ETA2: Just got in some deep crap with the boss so...looks like my beta volunteering has to take a back seat for a bit :cry

Time flies by when the Devil drives.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end.

Edited by: Kieli at: 10/1/04 6:54 pm

Post subject: Beta Services!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:14 pm 
I'm a beta - ask me how! No, not really. But if you need me, e-mail me. Duchess_of_buffonia (at) juno.com ... HA - beat that spammers...

Ahem, :geek

Toodles.

Jessica

Adia I'm empty since you left me...

Post subject: Re: Forum Guidelines / Creative Help / Betas
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:07 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Edited: Count me out of the beta game. Sorry.

Last edited by Trom DeGrey on Thu May 11, 2006 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:27 am 
23. Volumey Text

I'm working on a story with a character who has been diagnosed as being schizophrenic. I wonder if there are any kittens with psychiatric knowledge who can give me som pointers on describing the symptoms and treatment.

thanks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:48 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

So, I finished my story, and I wanted to change the topic title to indicate that Play It From the Heart [completed]) or something, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. Can someone fill me in?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:20 am 
23. Volumey Text

Normally you'd just need to modify the title for the first post in the thread.

However since you started posting the story when the board was still on EZBoard, it''s a case of having to ask one of the friendly neighbourhood mods to do it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:31 am 
Nixel, it's been fixed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:18 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Awesome. Thanks so much!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:00 pm 
3. Flaming O

I'm looking for a beta to read parts of an original peice and basically tell me if I am writing a believable story or am I just borring everyone to tears. I know a couple people have offered their services on this thread but that was many months ago, so I decided to ask everyone rather than contact a single person. Feel free to e-mail me at cbrymm@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:30 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Hi. I tried to post a new fic a couple of days ago and still haven't seen it up here. I'd like to avoid reposting it if at all possible. I'm also wondering if there was a problem with the content (underage drinking, lead character's mildly steamy flights of fancy about her best friend). The title of the work is 'By Any Other Name' and I think that's exactly how I typed the subject line. Thanks