The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1439 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: It's just Thursday, MKF! 1/29/04
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:46 pm 
I have no suggestions for topics for this thread. I thought long and hard, trying to come up with something profound or funny. Or, really, just anything. No luck.

But there's always at least a little something in most nothings, isn't there?

It's Thursday! It's yours, make of it what you will. And tell us about it, won't you? :)

Random thoughts:

I'm off work on Thursdays and so I'm happy. I took some pictures yesterday and a couple of them came out pretty good. I want to take more. ABBA should get back together. I really like Japanese incense a lot. I want a t-shirt that says "Big Girls Rock!"

go         donut           go

Post subject: Re: It's just Thursday, MKF! 1/29/04
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:03 am 
it's just thursday (although still wednesday here) and i finally got my cookies redone so that i can be here again.

things are happy.

i like the livejournal kittens i've met, they are happy too.

i have not much else to say, except for wondering if any of you kittens work in law enforcement and if so if you'd be willing to be interviewed.

thank you.

Sweetie, I'm a fag. I been there. - Tara (Dead Things shooting script)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:17 am 
I called in sick today. I feel a bit crappy, but basically I am being bad. It snowed yesterday and now all is white. It will melt away either today or tomorrow so I am damn well going to take a walk in it while I can.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:41 am 
It's Thursday and I can't feel my hands! Yesterday we had a snow and ice day and the whole of the West Midlands ground to a halt! It took some of my work mates 3-4 hours to make 20 minute journeys! When I left work last night I spent 20 minutes trying to find my little blue car under all the white stuff! My hands froze, my legs got wind whipped and today....I hurt like hell! It was a first gear only ride home! When I got back safe and sound my Kansas born sweetheart looked at me and uttered the immortal words "What would Britain do if they had snow like the USA does?"!! I shudder to think. I wonder if I can get out of working too hard tonight because I can barely feel the keys I am tapping on!! Worth a try!

All Kitties, where ever you are, stay warm!!

"The world feels so much better when you find you don't fit

There's a ladder in my tights and who gives a **** if woops you ain't shiney and perfect" - Amy Studt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:46 am 
I hear you with the cold - I haven't been able to ride my bike all week because we've had 30cm of snow dumped on us since Monday. :brr

Is it summer yet?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:27 am 
Ahh thursday. *draws deep breath* Yep, you suck as much as yesterday but not as much as tuesday.

The cold and the snow are depressing. It would be fun if I didn't have to shovel it to get out of my garage. What I wouldn't do for some heat and sunshine. Winter sucks.

Maybe I need a hot cuppa and a warm fire. Anyone have any ideas how to chase away the winter blues? Since my sweetie is at work, :wink that is out of the question. :D

Urn of Osiris
Mary Magdalene was a whore and Jesus dug her because she taught him the most sacred thing a man could ever learn in his lifetime: how to fuck. Stud that he was, Jesus knew to humble himself to this woman." Inga Muscio Cunt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:34 am 
This is the first day since Saturday that we haven't had snow, sleet, ice, or freezing rain (of course, I may be guilty of optimism here). I'm really glad we have all-wheel drive, anti-lock brakes, and side air bags on our car (Pontiac Vibe), since Melissa pretty much has to be in regardless of the weather.

I broke my ankle last week (slipped on the ice), so I've been working from home and haven't had to contend with the nasty weather. It's kept my mother from coming over to help out, however, so Melissa's been having to clear the car, sidewalk and driveway, work open-to-close at the store, then come home and take care of me. She's pretty tired, and we don't know yet how long I'm likely to be seriously laid up.

I don't care if it is an orgy of death, there's still such a thing as a napkin! - Willow in "Superstar"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:59 am 
Hey Darcy,

Sorry to hear about the ankle. It sucks I know, Been there, done that. I hope that Mel is taking good care of you.

This NJ weather bites the big one. One of the weather wimps at work didn't show up yesterday and I got stuck doing her share of work on top of my own heavy load. I just don't understand people. You have almost 3 days to prepare for the big storm that was actually supposed to hit us on Sunday night and not stop until Tuesday. (you got in in south NJ instead) But the day after it hits, you don't go to work or even call for that matter. Now the roads were surprisingly clear and for NJ road department thats a sign of a pending apocolypse alone. The girl who didn't show up has 4 wheel drive and when we did finally get in touch with her, she said that she just didn't think we were working. Ok, I only live 2 miles from work but I was out there at 6 am cleaning off my car and gunning the gas to get over the 3 foot mound of snow that the plowers shoved in front of my car and I was at work on time. I just have one question...Is it spring yet? I'll take the continuous rain over snow anyday. At least my car won't look white from the salt on the road.

Love to All,

Barb

Now serving Bitter, party of one. Your table is ready.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:24 am 
Well, I don't want to gloat over you poor snowed in people. But it's been in the mid sixties for weeks now. Not even a decent rain day.

It is Thursday and I'll be grateful cause that's 2 days closer to the weekend. Unfortunately my weekend is filled with homework and errands.

I am really tired of homework. Remind me why I wanted a masters. I am missing the fun in my life. Either I am doing something or I am worried about doing it. And never enough time to read fics :cry

Wish I could send 30 degrees out to you guys.

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Hard work often pays off after time but laziness always pays off now!"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:43 am 
Xita, you're as bad as my father down in Florida!:sigh "Hey, played 18 holes today. Gonnna be 70 tomorrow."

I don't usually mind cold weather, or even snow, and I don't know that we have much room to kvetch considering what the Canadian kittens go through on a regular basis. I prefer cold to hot, actually. You can always add more layers, but you can only take off so much before you'll get arrested.:laugh

I don't care if it is an orgy of death, there's still such a thing as a napkin! - Willow in "Superstar"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:03 am 
Ah Thursday *ponders it for a moment* at least there is something I can watch on TV tonight. Thursday means a day off from college; although I have Anatomy and Physiology exams tomorrow that I have to study for and ASL to practice. It also means I get to go and play with the horse this morning, always a good time unless he is grumpy.

Darcy I hope you are taking it easy and Garfield enjoy your walk in the snow :)

So, the day started and I knew my name and had my pants on. So far, so good. Yay.
Amber Benson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:47 am 
Well it is 3 degrees outside right now. I am combating that by eating a spicy burrito.

It’s good, but I wanted it to be a bit spicier. Not “oh god mommy make it stop!” hot, but somewhere close.

Just got an estimate on my car, $1500.00 worth of work needs to done. I don’t even think it is worth that much now. Looks like I am going to have to get that mini-van now.

Now I am wondering if I need to dig up an old "Free James Brown" t-shirt.

www.chicagotribune.com/ne...genews-utl

Well that is all, I think I'll bake something just to warm up the house some more.

Warlock

-----

Web Warlock

Coming Soon to The Other Side, The Netbook of Shadows: A Book of Spells for d20 Witches

"Does anybody remember laughter?" - Robert Plant, "The Song Remains the Same"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:05 pm 
It's coooolllllddd so cold. Ice makes for bad driving. It's SUPPOSE to be WARM in the south damn it! Okay, now that that's out of the way...I have decided to procrastinate cleaning. I am the QUEEN of procrastination. So, now I am let's see....surfing the net, chatting, making myself little notes of all the things I have to do and basically just trying to SEEM busy when I am in fact not. Hope everyone is well. :kitty :love

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:34 pm 
Thursday, day after Wednesday but the day before Friday...hmmm i just confused myself :laugh but one day closer to me being able to sleep in, not give a damn about deadlines and do laundry, wait a minute…that’s work…I don’t wanna work anymore…where was I? oh yeah, one day closer to dropping the laundry off at the cleaners..let them do the work, but that means I will have to leave the house. hmmmm, looks like I will have to hire someone to do things for me, anyone looking for a job, I’ll pay well but no benefits…well, if your cute I’m sure we could work something out. :devilish

LOL @ Holley- shirts in the mail!

More random thoughts, cold rain sucks, flirting gets you everywhere and ummm, yeah ATI products are stupid.

in addition:

:gnome :wtf :sheep :buried :moo :angel :read :dumbo :punish

i just wanted to use emoticons that i never have a reason to use.

ETA: BTW Puck drop me a line i can hook you up with law enforcment, or even perhaps make time to answer some questions for you.-Jenn

Shake it like a polaroid picture -Outkast

Edited by: cattwoman98111 at: 1/29/04 1:36 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:24 pm 
Thursday? Well, it's better out there than Tuesday. That's something anyway. Love this one though.:brr

Darcy, sorry to hear about the ankle. And do take it easy by all means, but if you can still get some physical activity in fairly soon, I'd urge you to do that. I'm not going to explain that, it's just too sad for me to talk about here. Just trust me, ok?

As for passing the time tonight, I'm going to have a good long look at what Frank Gehry has in mind for my local art gallery, the AGO.

"Learning, playing and loving, and combinations thereof,are a good way to spend a lifetime. Admittedly, a difficult regimen, but nonetheless not beyond attainment.

Start with playing." - Alexei Panshin, The Thurb Revolution

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:47 pm 
It's Thursday, and I'm sore as hell from my weight workouts this past week. I'm tired but I'm pretty glad to be back in the habit of lifting.

Track and Field practice started today, and I'm still pretty lame at discus throwing. Yup... it's Thursday. I never quite got the hang of Thursdays.

Willow: Hey Buff. One more thing. Buffy: Yeah? Willow: I’m gay. Buffy: Okay, Will. Xander owes me ten bucks.

~Remember to Breathe by Yellow Crayon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:51 pm 
Thursday ... um, no snow - that was a plus. I saw the sun on my drive to work this morning, another plus. Decent day at work until 4pm or in other words, I accomplished a fair amount of work (no more calendars to sell, woo hoo!) and the store made money. At 4pm the day went to hell. Amazing what having a shoplifter come in will do for someone's mood. This is a quasi regular shoplifter who accused me of being a racist back in Nov/Dec - all because I was watching him because he was acting like a shoplifter. Today I caught him putting a security tag behind some books, but I didn't actually see him take anything, just saw him looking as suspicious as hell and some of the shelves looked rather "light". Pity I can't actually have my store guard search bastards like him, but it's strictly hands off policing. There are days when I hate working retail. :mad Major, major negative. :gnome

So in retaliation I am eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. That, I think, will bring the day back up to a 75% which is a rating I can live with for a Thursday.

Ciao, Melissa

Do something totally irrational and let the enemy think himself to death. (Pyanfar Chanur)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:52 pm 
I forgot to add that I have to get my glasses fixed. I was used to contacts my whole life. For the past year I've worn glasses. Now one of the little arm things lost a spring.. :gnome Back to contacts for now.

- - - - - - - - - - -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:48 pm 
I'm a California native (Northern, though), but the Sun Belt can keep it's weather in December and January---maybe even February. I step outside, and strap on my skis: can't beat it. :party

GG It's in March and April :spin that I propose a mass invasion of the Sunny South---guess that's what Spring Break's for :cool Out

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:16 pm 
thursday is almost over and i still have to finish writing a paper on king lear, as well as policy paper for my government class... both due tomorrow. procrastination, what would i do without you?

-----

i'm thinking it's a sign that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images and when we kiss they're perfectly aligned...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:21 pm 
Thursday...actually its been Friday for a half hour here, but Thursday was my birthday. I'm 19 now. I got to hang out with my dad. My mom got me Buffy season 5 on DVD. :)

~Sheena~

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:12 am 
it is now officially friday morning in the Eastern Time Zone... I survived this week... :buried .. and I'm looking forward to 3 o'clock. Freedom!!!

Well, yes, this week "could" have been worse... but I still don't have to like it.

Belated Happy Birthday, Sheena!!! :flower :flower

skittles

Life can suck, but at least there's chocolate - Cicca

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:16 am 
it's Thursday again here. I have a head cold, my eyes hurt.

it's really icy outside because it got above freezing so everything started to melt and then it got cold again. Ice all over. So much fun.

that's all for now.

________
"...the sharks got smarter."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:14 am 
but for me, this Thursday is a PAYDAY!!! YAY!!

but a very small one..... :cry

but I get paid!! :grin

skittles

"I'll tell you how the sun rose, --A ribbon at a time." Emily Dickinson

Post subject: Re: It's just Thursday, MKF! 2/5/04
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:29 am 
Yep. Thursday here too. It's been a while so I decided to post a little nothing. :)

Bananas are good on cereal.

Pottery/ceramics is cool.

Big thunder storms are amazing.

And this thing in the stock which tells time.

The end. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:38 am 
Its a day of ups and downs....I got a good nights sleep...yeah. I have tickets to see Rent tonight...YEAH!

Oh and of course the weather here sucks and we are supposed to get freezing rain and snow...so i am probably going to die after seeing my musical. What a great day. Sigh.

Sorry DrG...I woke up to a sour note this morning...shoulda known better than to include that. Mucho apologies.

Edited by: jessan15  at: 2/5/04 9:25 am

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:39 pm 
Ooh, rent, lucky you. I'd love to see that.

I got my glasses fixed yay!!

The mattress, now that's another thing altogether, gonna have to wait another week.. grr so mad.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Edited by: xita  at: 2/5/04 6:41 pm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:45 pm 
Yay for glasses!

Girls in glasses are so cute.

Willow: Hey Buff. One more thing. Buffy: Yeah? Willow: I’m gay. Buffy: Okay, Will. Xander owes me ten bucks.

~Remember to Breathe by Yellow Crayon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:47 pm 
hooray for rent! when it came to tucson a few years ago, my got tickets in the orchestra pit. i was like 2 feet away from the stage, it was amazing. i love that musical. la vie boheme, man, la vie boheme.

this is the best thursday i've ever had: i got a half-tuition scholarship to my first choice college. i'm not going to be as poor as i thought next year, woo.

-----

i'm thinking it's a sign that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images and when we kiss they're perfectly aligned...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:05 am 
you know, this is starting to be a ritual. Apparently I get the urge to look past page 1 at about the same time each week. Hmm. I'm obviously a creature of habit.

Good to know.

It's still kind of cold here, but nothing too bad. I really need to shovel the damn snow off the roof so it stops melting and dripping onto the stairs. Icy stairs are very bad.

________
"...the sharks got smarter."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1439 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48  Next