The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Comics...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:05 pm 
Ok, I'm a huge comic book fan, and I was just wondering if other Kittens enjoy reading comics as much as I do. So pretty much I wanna know what your Fav comic book series is, fav comic book character and what not...

I apologize if there is a thread already for this but I didn't see one.

I guess I'll go first. I love Marvel Comics, pretty much I read all of them but most of my collection is Uncanny X-Men, My favorite character of the moment from Uncanny X-Men is Northstar he's just really cool. I also read anything by Dark Horse, including of course the Buffy comics, I own almost all of them.

Ok, so come one and tell me....please...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm dancing like a monkey!! - GIR

Hi, floor make me a samwitch!! - GIR

Post subject: Re: Comics...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:42 pm 
Score. I'm a huuuuge comic fan.

I even work for a comic store owner, so I get paid in a reasonable amount of comics.

Im a huge Ultimate Spider-Man girl. Buffy ones of course. Birds of Prey. Amazing Spider-Man. Archie, of course. Many more comics too. I have over 1000 comics, all different titles.

Oh, I also like the new comic co-written by Joss Whedon called Tales of the Vampire. Its a decent comic.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:44 am 
Strangers in Paradise. #1 forever. :)

I'd never imagine that my favorite comic was going to enter the Willow & Tara universe... small world. Thank god! ;)

--------------------------
"She had tasted Willow on her tongue, and she had worn Willow on her skin. There wasn't a shower in the world that could have washed that away." (Terra Firma, by Tulipp)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:05 am 

I had a whole bunch of Archie comics awhile ago, hundreds of them really, maybe even more. But I had this thing in my head at the time that I was 'too old' for comics and I ended up throwing them all away. I really regret that now, it was one hell of a collection. :rolleyes

"The only way to have a friend is to be one." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:30 am 
When I was younger I was into Marvel comics. Spiderman, X-Men, the typical.

But now I am checking out DC more and more.

I have always been a huge fan of Batman, so it is cool that my son really likes Batman too. I picked up these childrens publisher, DK, books on Superman and Batman. It has all comic art but it is the history and background of the characters.

I just finished reading "Wonder Woman: The Complete History" by Les Daniels and it was great. Tons of wonderful information. Including the very strange orgins of the Wonder Woman comic and the even stranger man that created her.

It has been a lot of fun.

I also have read the Batgirl/Orcale has been voted one the most popular comic heroes ever and the most popular female one. All of that from her wheelchair. The new Batgirl (Caine) is not as interesting to me as Babs was, but she has her moments.

Warlock

-----

Web Warlock

Coming Soon to The Other Side, The Netbook of Shadows: A Book of Spells for d20 Witches

"I’m so glad that I know more than I knew then.

Gonna keep on tryin’ till I reach the highest ground."
- Stevie Wonder, "Higher Ground"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:02 am 
I've never been one for Marvel. It's not that I don't like the comics (I do; quite a lot, in fact) but I just don't read them. However, I do know a hell of a lot about Spiderman and X-Men, but that's largely to do with my sister and her little obsession she's got there.

I suppose I read DC mainly, but it's never struck me as titles I seek out to read. Like, I've never read an issue of Batman, or any other of the classics.

What I do read is along the lines of Alan Moore and Neil Gaimen. Watchmen is of course the BEST COMIC EVER WRITTEN, but Sandman is the BEST THING I'VE EVER READ EVER. I bought the first TP on a whim in America somewhere (becuase my sister told me to, actually. She hadn't read it, but had heard it was good) and didn't read it for a good few months, as I was working my way through some new Hellboy and American Splendor TPs I had bought. And I had fogotten about it. Then I found it, read it during an evening and promptly asked for the other 9 books in the series for my birthday. Then I looked on Amazon, realised that Gaimen has written rather a lot of things, and have been trying to buy them all ever since.

I like Sandman a lot. It's very, very good, and deserves every single award it gets, becuase it's very, very good. I can't stress this enough. If you like comics, or even if you hate comics but like fantasy things and mythology, you really should buy the Sandman Library. Heck, just buy it anyway. You won't be disappointed. Promise.

As for favourite characters, I've got too many to remember them all here. Offhand, I've got Gilbert, Matthew, Dream, Death (obviously), Delerium, John Constantine (Hellblazer is fantastic and the film is going to be awful I can't believe they've got Keanu Reeves and set it in America the stupid stupid bastards argh), Foxglove and Hazel, Thessally, Daniel, and most of the cast of characters in Sandman. Especially, the endless, although Desire really scares me. Also, Hellboy and the main character girl from Uzumaki whose name escapes me at the moment, Gambit (he's so cool), V from V for Vendetta, Enid from Ghost World and, um, lots of others.

Uzumaki is this really crazy horror Manga. It's only three parts, and I recommed tracking it down, as it's very good. Bit disturbing though. The film is also shite.

But Battle Royale was good! The film and the manga. The mangas are very good.

*sigh*

Comics are so cool...

This has been a message brought to you by SmeeCorp.

Edited by: The Smee at: 4/14/04 6:38 am

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:15 am 
I was also a big Marvel and moderate DC fan fan back in the day. My favs were Fantastic Four, Thor, Avengers and Legion of Superhereos. I was also a big Elfquest fan. Nowadays I'm into manga (Pheonix, Silent Mobius, Priest, X1999, Fake) and graphic novels by Wil Eisner (Spirit), Hal Foster (Prince Valiant), Neil Gaiman (Sandman) , Alan Moore (Watchmen, Promethea, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, From Hell) and Warren Ellis (Stormwatch, Authority, Transmetropolitan). I prefer comics by comics professionals rather than movie or TV adaptations which are all dreck IMHO and comics by folks "slumming" from TV or movies. I agree with Scott McCloud that comics are their own art form and need creators who understand that as well as more diversity in the creators (more women and minorities).

For me a comic based on a screenplay is like watching a filmed play, it can be good if the story is good but not great and doesn't take advantage of the medium. Compare Kurosawa's filmic interpretation of MacBeth to a BBC filmed version of the play. Both are good at conveying the essence of Shakespeare's story but Kurosawa's is a great film. Comics use graphics and panels to compress and play with time and image in ways that antithetical to the way that movies and TV work IMHO. Movies and TV require a movement of time to show moving images that makes for more linear and less imaginative comics adaptations whereas comics can play with centuries on one page using panel shapes and skips in time and even whole page and two page layouts. Wil Eisner is a master of this art IMHO.

I still see dead lesbian cliches

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:59 pm 
Well, I like alot of other comics not just Marvel, its just that most of my comic collection happens to be Marvel comics, its what I first started reading when I was a kid. I agree that Sandman is one of the best comics out there, it totally rocked. Anything by Alan Moore is a good read, I just got done reading the league of extrodinary gentlemen, and I liked it better then the movie, the movie did not do it justice, so sad. I'm also a big Hellboy fan having started reading it before the movie. The movie wasn't too too bad, I think that Ron Pearlman did an awesome job as Hellboy. Some of the new movies they have put out recently based on comics aren't too bad and others you just want to beat the person who made it for degrading a comic book in that way.

I'm not really a big DC fan, I don't know why I just never really read any of their stuff, though my friend is starting to get me to read so of the old dark knight batman stuff. So i'm starting to get into some of DC's comics but still mainly a Marvel fan. Oh I also like anything by Johan Vasquez (Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, Invader Zim, Squee), but his stuff is definitly different.

The reason I like comics so much is that you can pretty much do what ever your imagination can come up with so your not limited like television is by budgets, as long as it can be drawn you can do it. So in my humble opinion that makes comics better the television or movies. Don't get me wrong I still love movies and television, just comics give you more range of things.

If your into web comics also I suggest looking up this comic MacHall its really funny, my friends got me into reading it and I can't wait until they update it. www.machall.com also sinfest is really good too, www.sinfest.net...thought I would just throw those out there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm dancing like a monkey!! - GIR

Hi floor make me a samwitch!! - GIR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:36 pm 
I have to say I've been a real comic fiend....especially those with kick-butt female leads like Witchblade, Ghost, Tomb Raider, The Magdalena and Blood Legacy. I've always been a HUGE Michael Turner fan....my collection consists of the More than Mortals series, Tomb Raider, The Magdalena, Blood Legacy, The Sandman series along with the two Death standalone graphic novels, Ghost, The Spirit of the Tao, the entire Witchblade collection, the Red Star series (which is totally awesome and I highly recommend), some Sgt Rock, Unknown Soldier, the Haunted Tank and Our Army at War comics, the Artesia series by Sirius/Artesian comcis and a few odds and ends.

Time flies by when the Devil drives.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:31 pm 
I grew up reading comics, mostly Marvel. I loved when Stan Lee was running the joint early on, and all the books intersected and there was a kind of us against the world feeling that prevailed. I also read some DC, always liked Green Lantern. After a while I started following artists around from book to book, company to company. Kirby, Adams, Smith, and many more. I was lucky enough to meet a few of them over the years too. I also had a friend who had one of the best Golden Age collections in the world at the time, I shudder to think what they might be worth now. It was a privilege to see and handle them.

And then one day I didn't care anymore and sold off my collection. Every once in a while I'd pick up on some out of the mainstream book, like American Splendor or Cerebus. (Any theories out there on what happened to Dave Sim? Was he always a misogynist nutbar or was this a sudden transformation?) Recently I've been buying the odd Marvel book again, amd I've started reading and enjoying the Avengers. More nostalgia than anything else, but I always liked Hawkeye and I like Jan, the new Antgirl. Love that size changing stuff. Excelsior!

"Life's complications and frustrations/they disappear when the music starts playing/I found a place where it feels alright/I hear a record and it opened my eyes/do you remember what the music meant?" - Speakers Push Air, Pretty Girls Make Graves

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:43 pm 
Quote:
...John Constantine (Hellblazer is fantastic and the film is going to be awful I can't believe they've got Keanu Reeves and set it in America the stupid stupid bastards argh)...

Smee, are you serious? Keanu Reeves?!? :wtf That's going to SUCK. He can never, ever, come anywhere near capturing John Constantine's character. Grrrrrrr. And Hellblazer absolutely does not belong in America.

you've got a real type of thing goin' down, gettin' down   /   there's a whole lot of rhythm goin' 'round
ow, we want the funk   /   give up the funk   /   ow, we need the funk   /   we gotta have that funk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:08 pm 
Ooo!

I enjoyed WitchBlade a lot too.

My favorite comic books "heroes" have always been heroines.

I loved Rogue from the X-men, even before she was in the X-men and bad. Wonder Woman of course, Hawkgirl. I LOVE Batgirl. But I am old school, I loved Barbara as Batgirl. Of course now as Oracle she still kicks ass.

I also really liked Kitty Pride, aka Shadowcat from X-men, too bad I heard some asshole :joss also has a fondness for her.

The Tomb Raider/Witchblade crossover was cool and from what I remember, subtexty as hell.

On the guys side, Batman is the best. I was a big X-men fan for a while too. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan and John Stewart) was cool. Loved it anytime Dracula made a guest appearance.

Eventually I got out of comics as I was getting more and more into horror.

Warlock

-----

Web Warlock

Coming Soon to The Other Side, The Netbook of Shadows: A Book of Spells for d20 Witches

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:12 am 
DC for my more mainstream dips into comics - especially the Frank Miller treatments of Batman.

Keili, I have to agree about The Red Star. Currently, it's my favourite book. Powerful story, great characters. It has strong female leads in Maya Antares (a Warkaster - read "sorceress") and Makita (a freedom fighter). Also, it has a very innovative melding of hand-drawn and computer art.

From my animé watching, I've discovered Dark Horse's English translations of the Oh My Goddess! manga. What can I say, it's cute.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:29 am 
WW:Coolness...I loved Kitty and Rogue! *sigh* I think they were among my first crushes on comic book characters (ain't that so pitiful? :lol )

I too loved Barbara as Batgirl but I am finding myself being hooked on the new enigmatic Batgirl (however, I am getting a little tired of sanctimonious Batman :happy )

Quote:
The Tomb Raider/Witchblade crossover was cool and from what I remember, subtexty as hell.

Amen, brother! I damn near choked on my Coke at some of Pez's not-so-subtle comments about Lara's boobs :eyebrow My jaw was hangin' on the floor. Even the Witchblade/Darkchylde crossover rocked. Sometimes Witchblade faltered, story-wise, but mostly I've remained loyal and loved the comic.

Dave: I love Frank Miller. He brings a bit of edge to Batman/Dark Knight that seems to flesh out the character, make him more realistic. Red Star totally rocks! I've never been so invested in a group of characters in my life. They have a board that the writers and artists frequent theRed Star Forums. They're cool for the most part and just a little whack :lol .

As far as anime is concerned, I'm a junkie (well I'm a J-pop junkie too so I guess it stands to reason). My current collection consists of Jin Roh, LAIN, Ghost in the Shell, Noir, Witch Hunter Robin, Blood: The Last Vampire, Crying Freeman, and Grave of the Fireflies just to name a few.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:02 pm 
Maudmac, unfortunately I was being serious about Keanu Reeves playing Constantine in the film, and it being set in America (Los Angeles, actually). Idiots. I thought the whole flipping POINT of Hellblazer was that is was set in LONDON. And Reeves is absolutely nobody's idea of a fag-sucking scouser. I'm really going to hate this film; he's probably going to be a really nice good guy with no moral grey areas.

Still, at least it should be better than that new Punisher film I've been hearing about.

(As an aside, 'fag' is slang for cigerette in England. Just to clear up any potential misunderstanding.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:12 pm 
I can attest to that. When I visited the WB studio last fall, they were filming it. Why do they imagine that americans woudn't take to a British character. What about James Bond? And there is a bewidering array of talented British actors who could do a great John Constantine: Ewan MacGregor and Colin Farrell come immediately to mind.

I still see dead lesbian cliches

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:31 pm 
Quote:
Even the Witchblade/Darkchylde crossover rocked.

Ohh. I remember that! I never got to read it but thought it was such a cool idea. But I love women as heroes. I even liked "Lady Death" and "Purgatory".

Now Darkchylde was a hottie. Course I'd love to see a super star team up of WitchBlade, Laura Croft and Agent BloodRayne in something. Hmmm...sounds like a game to me.

Course comics allways appealed to me as a role-player as well. I had the Marvel Super Heroes RPG for a while, but never played it. Had Champions and even DC too.

Warlock

-----

Web Warlock

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:47 am 
I gotta add my vote for Strangers In Paradise. If you read it you will not be disapointed. Terry Moore is pretty much the only male writer I can think of who actually understands how women think. A real rarity. Plus how hot is Katchoo? Lesbians. Girls who kick ass. Love triangles. Plenty of angst. What more could you ask for?

I also really liked the collection Ghost World. I only read it because I loved the film, but trust me it is twice as funny.

Post subject: Re: .
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:02 am 
I loved Ghost World! It was the first 'proper' comic I bought (other than, y'know, Beano or something) and it rocks! I liked it so much I've been trying to get all of Daniel Clowes's stuff, and have since discovered David Boring (which I really like, but I have no idea why) and Eightball (which is plain crazy.) There are a few other things I still need to add to my collection.

Strangers in Paradise, huh? I'll have to check it out. Is it a 'real-world' comic, or a superhero one? It sounds intresting.

WebWarlock, a game that crosses WitchBlade, Laura Croft and BloodRayne would be so freakin' cool! It probably won't ever happen, but here's hoping. Personally, I can't wait for Bloodrayne 2!

Post subject: SIP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:42 pm 
Strangers in Paradise is a real world comic about the love triangel between three friends: Francine, David and Katchoo. There is plenty of action, especially as you move on in the series, but it still stays fairly realistic, just kicked up a notch.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:34 pm 
WW: I've not yet had the opportunity to play BloodRayne but now I'm prompted to go buy an Xbox! (heh, like I really needed any prompting). Darkchylde is quite the little delicious one. Unfortunately I'm having a heckuva time finding a complete Darkchylde comic series...even on ebay I can only find her in parts. (erm....maybe I want to rephrase that)

I miss role-playing like the devil...*sigh* I was really into D&D/AD&D, Chill, never got into Champions but I did do a couple of vampire/werewolf rpgs with a friend. I miss that thrill of role playing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:55 pm 
I've liked comics for some time as well as most here. I used to be into Marvel in the 80s, when Frank Miller (and his current Sin City is nice) was there along with some more original story telling. Walter Simonsen's Thor was very good. But along the early to mid 90s Marvel stuff crapped out. In the last 2 years or so they have really been working to get some better authors: JMS (B5 fame) on Amazing Spiderman and Supreme Power, Garth Ennis on just about anything he does, though I do like his Punisher (but be warned he is an angry, disillusioned seeming Brit!) Brian Bendis on the Ultimate line, be it Ultimate X-Men, Spiderman, Ulitmates, FF or Ultimate Six, this is where some of the best writing of Marvel characters currently is at. If you liked Marvel before, give some of them another look now.

I also love Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Terry Moore as others have said, but would add Kurt Busiek's Astro City as a great example of what a current Watchmen-esque comic can be like. The Confessor Graphic Novel storyline is especially good! I also have great love for Matt Wagner. His Mage The Hero Discovered was beautifully done, well executed, and mixed current era with ancient myth very well. The Hero Defined suffered from slightly poorer art, but still had a great story. For that matter as a blast from the past John Ostrander and Tim Truman's Grimjack ruled! Except while Tom Sutton did the art (big, big shudder!) I also have to give a nod to Usagi Yojimbo and Lone Wolf and Cub. Those are seriously good Feudal Japan era comics. Also worth checking out.

Garner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:49 am 
Kurt Busiek's Confessor Graphic Novel and the other Astrocity trades were the comics that my friend choose to "reintroduce" me to comics. Since then I've read quite a few (he used to bring them to work and when it was a bit slow I'd sit and read comics) but the Astro City graphic novels are probably the best. Awesome art and great stories, all set in a well thought out background.

I also quite like the "Bone" comics. especially the stupid, stupid rat creatures...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:08 am 
I've always liked the Bone comics whenever I see them in the shops. The art is always really cool. Maybe I should think about buying them.

There was this great little mini-horror series called 30 Days of Night out a while ago - it's a TPB now. For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it's about a little town in Alaska which for 30 days of the year, is completely untouched by the sun. Permanent darkness. So, a big bunch of vampires come along and kill everybody. Cheerful stuff!

It really is brilliant - atmospherically written, lovable characters, a couple of sub-plots and fantastic art. It's really good. Go buy it.

A special mention for 100 Bullets which I've recently started reading, and have now fallen in love with. 'Agent' Graves gives someone who has been wronged an attache case with irrefutable evidence, a gun and 100 untracable bullets, then sits back and watches. The situations are always about the lowest dregs of society, and it's all grimy and evil and absolutely brilliantly done. Seek it out!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:20 am 
Kieli, Dark Knight was so influential on comics and movies that followed. For those who like action figures, a set of Dark Knight Returns figs is being released this summer.

So much of the animé I like appeared in manga form: Cowboy Bebop, Aa! Megamisama!, Fushigi Yûgi , Read or Die, Shoujo Kakumei Utena, etc. However, some of my favourites seem to only be available so far on DVD: Hoshi no Koe, Noir, Witch Hunter Robin.

Right now I'm re-watching Noir with my wife, a few eps at a time. The ADV NOir Boxed set is great, with very good video transfer, subtitling, AND English dub track.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:49 am 
Hey Dave! Thanks for the link....the Dark Knight series totally amazed me because I felt the comic was being taken in a direction few comic writers would have the cajones to do....take a beloved "good guy" and show his weaknesses. It's awesome.

I'm amazed at the resurgence of manga here in the US. A younger generation of manga enthusiasts is coming about even if Dragonball Z and some other very scary anime are the catalysts.

Noir simply rocks. The storylines are so complicated and Mirielle's and Kiriki's tenuous "relationship" is just a powerhouse. They flow so well together that it was hard not to get hooked on the series. I've got all 7 DVD's independently. I didn't know what came in the box set so I just went that route instead. Ebay is my friend :geek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:13 pm 
Dulcinea, I loved bone initially and the tone of the comic was very unique, a mix of weird fantasy and a lot of humor. The Cow Race really ruled! But, I still feel that some of that humor has slipped away. It is still a really good comic and I get it when it comes out, but I do wish we had some of the humor that was lost. Stupid, stupid rat creatures indeed! The Rose mini-series was pretty cool too.

Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen together really did help revitalize comics, but to an extent they led it into dark hole, too. A lot of the early nineties comics were too much about angst, weakness and became lost in a muddle of dull character malaise instead of having good plotting. Everyone wanted to do the Dark Knight style without understanding it, which was too bad. I like Noir, but it can't be applied to all titles. The various X titles were especially bad for this.

Garner

PS I sort of like the Lucifier series, that has been interesting and kept up with some interesting directions for the main character. And Mazikeen is interesting too.

Post subject: Real-life war casts shadow onto comics
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:51 pm 
Good article here on how some comic strips are dealing with the war in Iraq, in which Garry Trudeau makes this point about the current shocking Doonesbury storyline:

Quote:
“Writers can be amazingly dispassionate about steering their creations into harm's way,” Trudeau said. “That doesn't mean I make life-altering decisions about the characters thoughtlessly; it just means I have a stronger artistic stake than emotional.”

www.mercurynews.com/mld/m...493707.htm

Ben

"Never be discouraged from being an activist because people tell you that you'll not succeed. You have already succeeded if you're out there representing truth or justice or compassion or fairness or love."

-- Doris 'Granny D' Haddock

Post subject: Re: Real-life war casts shadow onto comics
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:04 pm 
RE: Noir: The actual "box set" inluded the first DVD and a cool T-shirt. Like many animé titles I've seen, you have to fill the box with the rest of the DVDs separately. Kieli, glad you were able to find all the DVDs on e-bay. The only down side to Noir is the high cost of the ADV discs. The relationship between Mireille and Kirika is one of the great things about this title. My brother has been watching my DVDs, and just saw ep. 23 for the first time. Without any prompting, he opined that Kirika's letter was clearly a declaration of love to Mirielle.

RE: Manga: It's very different from 20 years ago. So many of our friends now have kids who are heavily into manga. There's a local animé and manga con, Ai-Kon, which is bigger than the biggest local sci-fi con. It's a different crowd too. Ai-Kon has much younger attendees (teenagers mostly), and way more females. than the traditional sci-fi cons.

Garner, you have to wade through so much to find the good stuff. I mean, I recently rented the first Kitty Grade DVD. I thought it would be a cool sci-fi story about a couple of kick-ass females. Actually, I think it's mostly about panties. Yuck.

Ben, thanks for the link.

Edited by: Dave V at: 4/23/04 1:06 pm

Post subject: Re: Real-life war casts shadow onto comics
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:19 pm 
Dave, you could really start an anime thread to help sort out the garbage from the decent stuff. I got into anime in the late 80s when it was mostly in Japanese, badly dubbed, or occasionally subbed by fans. And the copy quality bit, to put it mildly. (yeah, yeah, up hill both ways in the snow! :) )

Anyway, I haven't watched anywhere near as much of the more recent stuff, it does seem like the quality went down, both in animation and story. Witch Hunter Robin was decent though.

Garner