The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Walks like a duck...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:27 pm 
ooh, china beach was just.. so much lesbiosity! First season had chloe webb, I think she and dana had some good chemistry then!

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

-Me & Bobby
McGee

Post subject: re:walks like a duck
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:28 pm 
yay!!

i'm finally glad someone agrees with me about jess and jules:)

they did have good chemistry..and it was humerous how the mother took it

Post subject: Re: re:walks like a duck
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:42 pm 
It's not even on yet, but I'm harboring certain thoughts about Karen Sisco. Or maybe it's really wishful thinking!

Carla Gugina. Yum.

“Spirit of Sappho, ... I summon you. Come fill me with your big, dykey power!” ~ Final Exam by Tommo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:01 pm 
After having watched the trailer for 'Kill Bill' again:) And seeing Uma Thurman in that yellow jumpsuit(a la Bruce Lee, "Game of Death') my jaw just about hit the floor. Her and Lucy Lieu both are 'walking like ducks' in this one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:16 pm 
kill bill is def on my list to see!

- - - - - - - - - - -

-Me & Bobby
McGee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:34 pm 
Well that's just me, but I was always convinced that Denise from The Cosby Show had a vibe about her...she would have made an awesome lesbian.

'Course, I was only 10 or so back then. :lol

Edited because I misspelled 'lesbian'. I'm stunned by myself.

"i can't believe you're leaving me because me and charles manson like the same ice cream" ~tori amos

Edited by: cassiopeia191 at: 9/4/03 12:49 pm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:27 am 
OMG ... I'm just lovin' this thread ... the memories of long forgotten shows and characters ...

The Legend of Billie Jean is my All-Time Fave! ... and up until now, the only other person that ever heard of it was my gf ... gotta love 'er

Beauty & the Beast, Profiler ... check, check ... got em on tape (minus the last season for obvious casting reasons) :wink

Witchblade ... check on S1 only (my gf move to Canada and couldn't tape S2) :wink

I'm looking forward to the L-Word airing. We'll finally get to see relationships and characters interact on screen mostly uncensored ... as much as I love Queer As Folk, Lindsay and Melanie's storyline isn't enough of a main plotline for me.

Oh and Kristy McNicol (Buddy) and Nancy McKeon (Jo) ... if only I had a VCR back then ...

And speaking of Nancy ... does anyone else think her character on The Division is barking up the wrong tree when it comes to love interests? I'm thinking maybe Lisa Vidal ... how heartbroken am I at the current plot twists :sob ... and don't get me started on Tracy Needham's character ... :confused

Cheers

rocci

:pride

----

She has the best nipples in town and she knows it. She has nipple confidence.

Tina on Shane, L-Word

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:01 am 
ah, ally mc beal... always thought that Nelle and Ling were a couple, or ought to be. I had this huge vibe about Nelle, (oh well...); about Lucy Liu, it would be more honest to call it wishful thinking... :) .

Another one, no wishful thinking here though: does everybody seems to believe that Hilda and Zelda (Sabrina's aunts) are sisters??? This puzzles me a lot, come on people, tell me what you think...

Suze

PS: oh, I never saw this one: :moo love it!! :bow :applause

Post subject: You mean, Ambers not the only hot girl on tv? *shock*
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:35 am 
Well, Willow and Tara were my first official lesbian obsession, and helped me to really embrace what I had only begun to dabble in understanding. But now, in retrospect, I realize that my fascination with hot women on TV began, like many of you, with Chris Cagney.

I also had the "I want to be Joe" from facts of life. Heck, turn her character on Lifetimes The Division gay and I'll be happy enough.

In my world Seven of Nine and Janeway ARE a couple. Jadzia Dax stayed with her "Rejoined" mate (though I admit that Worf was sexy).

Jody foster HAS to be gay, or my world is not right. She was so tough in the Accused. I'd kill to see Christy McNichol in a lesbian flic, she was so darn cute in The Pirate Movie, way too cute for that dobey Atkins.

Gotta say, Kate and Allie was good, but I never wanted them to be a couple.

Anyone know of Corey Everson the body builder? Now there is a hot mix of butch and femme.

And the only women in the world who is potentially as hot as Amber Benson - Angie Harmon. God give me a clip of her kissing a girl, please!!!

Gotta end by saying though, nothing beats the hotness of Willow and Tara. I wish it had been them in that Season Seven "Touched" love montage.

:banana

Post subject: Re: walks like a duck
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:47 pm 
i think buffy n faith hav sumfing or maybe i just want them to

if ther wasnt the whole angel fing who knows wat wud hav happened. bad girls (season 3) is wen i thort they def had a spark.

damn people who never let them kiss

Post subject: Re: Walks like a duck
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:15 pm 
I have two rather obscure nominees: Alexandra Wilson (nurse Sam McCormick on University Hospital and Dr. Dru Breslauer on Mercy Point - both very short-lived), and Heather Medway (Lt. Cameron Westlake on Viper). Yeah, they were very clear about establishing the characters' heterosexual credentials, but I had no difficulty at all developing my own backstories for the characters. It's easy when they're that cute!

I was very disappointed in The Division. It seemed to me that a police drama focusing on female police officers in San Francisco - of all places - ought to have at least one dyke detective on it. I had high hopes for either Nancy McKeon or Lisa Vidal, but blew it off when it was obvious they were carefully straightening out the storylines.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:17 pm 
Quote:

Another one, no wishful thinking here though: does everybody seems to believe that Hilda and Zelda (Sabrina's aunts) are sisters??? This puzzles me a lot, come on people, tell me what you think

I remember in an early episode they introduced themselves to a teacher Zelda had the hots for and she was quick to note "we're not an alternative couple, we are her aunts". Not in a mean way, but at least the writer were thinking what I was..

And yes I used to watch "Sabrina" and what of it! TV's Frank was writing it and occasionally showed up on it too.

And it had an evil cat too!

Post subject: Kate & Allie
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:16 am 
It's interesting that people mention these two. There was an episode of this show that had them in a gay bar dancing w/ each other along w/ their newfound lesbian friends.

JJtheCool

*Sigh*

Post subject: Re: Kate & Allie
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:54 am 
Dude, I missed that episode. They were so gay! dude, man, it's not even on reruns anywhere :cry

- - - - - - - - - - -

-Me & Bobby
McGee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:51 pm 
Definitely one of my favorites. Mondays were the only night of the week I wouldn't leave the apartment in the days when everybody else in the US of a had to saty home Thursadys instead. Lots of attention was paid to the little things in staging that shwo. For example, considering their ages and incomes, how believeable is it thta Either Kate or Allie would ahve a twin-size bed in her room. But htere they were, just to make sure everyone knew nothing was going on. Over the top much ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:51 am 
DaddyCat: I agree w/ you in that CBS' Monday comedies in the 80's were their equivalent to NBC's 'Must See Thursday'. Besides Kate & Allie, you could also see Newhart and Murphy Brown among others. All extremely funny shows.

I disagree on one point, though. K & A weren't so high-income. Kate had lived the boho lifestyle before her divorce and had only recently begun work as a travel agent, and though Allie had a rich ex, most of her ex's $ efforts went to his mistress/eventual 2nd wife (who was played rather wonderfully bitchy by Wendy Malick). Plus, K & A collectively had 3 mouths to feed and clothe and educate. If you want further info on the show and its background, go here.

xita: I will gladly recap the ep for you now.

As fans of the show know, Kate (Susan St. James) & Allie (Jane Curtin) are two divorcees who live together in a basement-level apt. with Kate's daughter Emma (Ari Meyers), and Allie kids, Chip (Frederick Koehler) and Jennie (Allison Smith, whom I severely crushed on in H.S.). In the ep in ?, the landlady stops by one day and she notices that there are two families living there which, apparently for an apt. that size, violates city code. The landlady tells K & A that one of the families msut move out w/in a certain time or an eviction will follow. In a panic, K & A start looking for bigger apts. but they're all too expensive. While checking one out, Kate comes up w/ an idea. They can both stay together in their current apt. if they claim to be a lesbian couple. Allie's not too hot for this idea, but Kate eventually convinces her it's they way to go; this culminates w/ Allie grabbing Kate by the neck and screaming out "Kiss me!, while unbeknowst to them the apt. bldgs old handyman is in the doorway watching them. He then says, "I think I'll go upstairs" in an rather flustered manner and immediately excuses himself.

When the landlady drops by the next time, K & A give her the ruse that they're a happily gay couple. The landlady is unusually thrilled to hear this and tells them they can stay in the apt. together. Later on, she stops by again, this time w/ another woman. It turns out the landlady is a lesbian and has brought her "domestic partner" by wondering if they can all have dinner together sometime. Temporarily flummoxed by this revelation, K & A agree wondering how they'll keep the ruse going. The thing is, they haven't to their kids about it, so when all 7 eat together K & A have to act all lovey-dovey, and the kids have no idea what the heck is going on. I don't remember much after that, but apparently much embarrasment and hilarity ensued. Ultimately, everything works out in the usual sitcom-y way. At the end the lesbian pair and K & A go to an all-female dance club together and the 2 straight women have a gay-ol-time dancing w/ each other. The show ends w/ Kate even giving Allie a dip.

So there you have it. Actually, after all this descriptiveness, I found the Episode Information here. Incidentally the director of this ep, Bill Persky, wrote a lot for "The Dick Van Dyke Show", so the comedy background was stellar for this show.

JJtheCool

*Sigh*

Edited by: JJtheCool  at: 9/14/03 12:55 am

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:11 am 
wow thanks for that, that sounds like a really funny episode. Usually my little teen gay self saw every gay themed episode on tv. . . that one passed me by! It seems then the producers were not unaware of the feeling they gave everyone lol

- - - - - - - - - - -

-Me & Bobby
McGee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:39 pm 
JJ; yeah, kinda clumsy way I phrased that. (I type too fast partly because I have curfews to meet.) Didn't mean to imply high income, just women with a solid middle class background wihth the marriages nehind them and all. Twin beds may have been big in the 50s and 60s but by the 80s they stood for "new grad starting out"; actually I cribbed my whole point from a TV critc writing about the shwo when it first came on who'd made the same point about thinking the beds were downsized deliberately.

Interesting in the final scene; KAte and Allie wer dancing with each other and there was a male-male couple on the floor and the third couple was male-female which could mean at least 18 different things.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:04 pm 
oh yeah... The Kate and Ally episode

The landlady gets upset when they admit they are not gay, and then they accuse her of hypocracy for sterotyping families (or some such thing). Still, ends sitcom happy and they never make the landlady a recurring character.

I'm trying to think , what was the first time they had any lesbians in a TV show? No matter how small of a part?

I remember a Golden Girls where a lesbian friend comes back, and not much in the 1970s. I wasnt looking all that closely ( tended to look for Jews in TV shows much more), but on the other hand I saw so much TV I tended to see everything anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:27 pm 
I think one of the first shows that had a regular lesbian was Heartbeat. There was a nurse practitioner that was a lesbian, and she had a lover on the show. It wasn't on for very long though. Of course LA Law had amanda donahoe.

- - - - - - - - - - -

-Me & Bobby
McGee

Post subject: Re: Kate & Allie, postscript
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:44 am 
xita, you mentioned you couldn't find reruns of K & A anywhere. Try the Oxygen channel, if you have it. The show's on back-to-back at roughly 7-8am, depending on the time zone. Found it thru Google.

JJtheCool

*Sigh*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:12 am 
Thanks JJ, I have all these channels including the other women's network, WE, but no oxygen :cry

- - - - - - - - - - -

-Me & Bobby
McGee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:53 pm 
Why didn't they make the female firefighter Alex Taylor on NBC's Third Watch gay? Her chemistry with her medic partner Kim was the ONLY reason I tuned in again and again. Too bad she was sliced in half in the season finale.

I'm convinced Phoebe on Friends is so very gay. Hasn't she kissed both Monica and Rachel (or tried to)?

Until I'm told otherwise, Olivia Benson on Law and Order: SVU is gay (or at least bisexual). There is so much sexual tension between her and the ADA Alex Cabot. They stand a little too close, look at each other a little too long... classic HoYay.

Edited by: runnerbird78 at: 9/18/03 2:03 pm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:10 pm 
Oh, yes, Benson and Cabot...very HoYay, indeed. I can't help thinking that there is some attraction there.

Walking in space we find the purpose of peace. The beauty of life you can no longer hide.
Our eyes are open, our eyes are open. Our eyes are open, our eyes are open wide, wide, wide. -- Walking In Space

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:29 pm 
I am a recent convert to the SVU HoYay, too bad I hear Alex is leaving :cry I need a picture of the new ADA.

Law and order has a long history of women with potential, Angie Harmon :heart

- - - - - - - - - - -

-Me & Bobby
McGee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:29 pm 
Um, HoYay?

GG Pig latin for "Y' Ho!" Maybe not? :p Out

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:34 pm 
Homoeroticism, Yay

Lil' Trevor : Always the life of the party.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:30 pm 
New ADA on Law and Order: SVU

She has really big shoes to fill because I really grew to love Stephanie March and her sexy law glasses. Thankfully, USA Networks will air SVU every night starting next week and this weekend there is an SVU marathon. So relive those classic HoYay moments... why have you foresaken us Stephanie? Hee!

Edited by: runnerbird78 at: 9/18/03 9:39 pm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:38 pm 
Oh , she's not bad looking but seems young, we'll see how she acts around our experienced cop :p

- - - - - - - - - - -

-Me & Bobby
McGee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:00 pm 
If the photo is of Diane Neal (new ADA on L&O:SVU) her bio says:

"While not filming, Neal enjoys playing basketball and softball and at one time was a competitive figure skater. Neal currently resides in New York."

Mmmmm.

I really liked Stephanie March, too.

Mariska Hargitay ain't bad either.:) :drool

xita, I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked Angie Harmon on L&O. Sometimes she came up with these "what the f**k are you thinking?" looks at Jack that were priceless, IMO.

Janice