The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Walks like a duck... (TV/Movie lesbian oughtabes)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:13 pm 
So this week's tv guide had this nice tidbit:

Quote:
We knew it: Viewers who thought Cagney and Lacey were an ambiguously gay duo may have been onto something. Less Than Perfect's executive producer, Christine Zander, approached Tine Daly and Sahron Gless to guest star on the ABC sitcom as the lesbian parents of resident oddball Owen (Andy Dick). Gless was up for it, but Daly niexed the reunion. "It would have been brilliant," says Zander. "Strictly dream casting." On the plus side, we hear that Jane Curtin and Susan Saint James are available.

Cracked me up, as a teen I had a fascination with these two shows (Cagney and Lacey , Kate and Allie). I mean while these actresses don't generally ping any gaydars, on that show the chemistry between the actresses always said something more than just buddies. I kept hoping against hope that they would hint at something but alas, it never happened :cry

There are also your non-paired gals who also pinged so hard, Jo on the facts of life for instance. I didn't so much want to get with her as I wanted to be like her. I remember that distinctly, looking at clothes thinking, would Jo wear that. :lol

What are some of your faves?

- - - - - - - - - - -
"The suspense is terrible. I hope it'll last."

-Willie Wonka

Edited by: xita  at: 8/6/03 8:29 pm

Post subject: Re: Walks like a duck... (TV lesbian oughtabes)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:42 pm 
For me it was Buddy on "Family." I was a total tomboy, like Buddy. I think they did an episode with her first kiss with a boy, but I so wanted the show to continue with Buddy discovering her not so latent tendencies. I still love Kristy McNichol!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:57 pm 
I remember Buddy oh so well. That is the only thing I remember about that show, buddy. SIgh, well we know why kristy would ping :p I think this should include movies too, I'll change the title, because kristy did it again with Tatum O'neal in "Little Darlings."

- - - - - - - - - - -

-Willie Wonka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:03 am 
Tasha YAr on Star Trek - TNG.

I was so mad when they killed her off too:mad

Then I saw her in Desert Hearts:p

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:28 am 
Sarah Michelle Gellar, come on, she and Faith were so queer together :D

T'Pol from Enterprise, mmmmmmmmmmm

My Country is the World. My Coutrymen Mankind-Thomas Paine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:56 am 
Xita loves T'pol. Don't you, Xita? :lol

Hmm. While I could actually dib through the cobwebs of my memory for all of the relationships I wish would have happened in the hundreds of shows I've seen, I'll instead mention something a bit more recent.

Helena (Ashley Scott) and Barbara (Dina Meyer). The show would have been amazing if they'd gotten together instead of faking romance with the cop and the lame teacher. Muffin tops, indeed.

Ok, I lied. I will dig up something old. I had a huge thing for Marie (Heather Langencamp) on Just the Ten of Us. I was crushed when she actually mooned over a boy. I kept hoping she'd find some cute, bookish girl in the library or something.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:57 pm 
nooooooooooooooo T'pol nooooooooooooooooooo :angry

Ahh, Tasha Yar, I so hoped for her. The only sex she had on that show was with a walking dildo (data) ;)

- - - - - - - - - - -

-Willie Wonka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:43 pm 
I loved Cagney and Lacy. They had such great chemistry and would have made a far more interesting couple than they made with their respective guys. I remember thinking that way before I ever took an active interest in LGBT matters. I would love to see them reunited on some other show. Too bad Tyne Daly said no, but I trust she had good reasons other than the bad ones I can think of. :(

As for Tasha Yar, considering they killed her off I am glad she was never outed, it looks like even subtextual lesbians aren't safe from doom...*cough*xena*cough*

-------------------------

Coffee, Food, Kisses and Gay Love........Get it while you are hot

Edited by: DrG at: 8/7/03 1:48 pm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:57 pm 
Moof lahvs the T'pol with her unusually large and unbalanced boobage. It's just so appealing, isn't it? Hehehe.

Anyway... if you ask me, and I know Xita agrees, Mary from Seventh Heaven is a definite oughtabe. She oozes of the sexy butchness and it's painful when they pair her with whatever guy of the minute. Bah.

Of course, I must go with Pat on the Babs/Helena issue on Birds of Prey. That was very clear. And I won't even go into how much I fixated on Jo and Blair's strangely bitchy yet all too fond relationship on Facts of Life.

Ah... Nancy McKeon. I still love you so. But not nearly as much as Xita lahvs her T'pol. Hehe. (Runs off.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:26 pm 
hmmmmmm, my imagination is going bonkers. Although I agree pretty much with all of the previous submissions, I think my contribution would be Cynthia Gibb (during her FAME days) and Kristy McNichol (during any day). Oh yeah, I just love that girl next door look. Anyway, I better go before I get into trouble.

Oh and I totally had that wishful thinking going with every episode of Cagney and Lacy. Actually it was more the wishful thinking of me and Cagney. Oh yeah, I was going wasn't I. Ummmm bye:bigwave

Anna:glasses

Thank you Amber and Alyson!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:03 pm 
I agree with Xita and the Kate and Allie thing. Loved that show and had often wondered about those two.

At the moment I can't think of any other pairs that I thought could've been.

However, there was Linda Hamilton who should have been an oughtable as opposed to being with Vincent on "Beauty and the Beast". Hell, she lived alone in NYC and I think never went out on any dates even before Vincent's arrival. I think she definitely could have been. Anyone remember that show? God, I loved her. I so wanted to be that damn beast so she could love me. I was a little twisted and confused at that time. :sigh Hee hee.

Edited by: SlayerSydney at: 8/7/03 4:04 pm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:52 pm 
Ah, Linda Hamilton!

Beauty and the Beast! I loved that show...except the last season when they killed her off, damn TBTB.

I had a huge crush on Cagney, being a straggling teenie at the time, I certainly had tastes for older and experienced women. Speaking of which, Tyne has some issues with S. Gless, no?

Fondness for Jo and Blair. Classic butch femme meets ultra high maintenance chick. They certainly played it up on screen, that tempestuous "I love to hate to love you" relationship.

Janeway and 7 of 9...

Where have all the lesbians gone??

Tara: It's not really so much about hating the men

Willow: We're more centered around the girl on girl action

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:17 am 
You mean the lesbians that never were or the ones that went evil, insane or died? :happy

As for Tyne Daly and Sharon Gless, I did a quick google and found this interview. Granted it is from 1995, but it sounds friendly enough. They also recently reteamed on an episode of Judging Amy, I found some comments about that here that sounds even friendlier, hee.

Edited by: DrG at: 8/8/03 8:18 am

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:42 pm 
Just wanted to add another Facts of Life shout-out. Jo was a (subconscious) role model to me for quite a while.

Despite the costume, Voyager's Seven of Nine had my gaydar going off very often, especially in her first couple years on the show. I've read Janeway/7 fics but I was never totally sold on it; Be'lanna/7 also worked with the right writer, but those were few and far between.

If only Kes had stuck around. That might have worked...

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has. "

- Margaret Mead

Post subject: Walks like a duck...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:03 pm 
*gasp!* :eek

Sharon Gless is married????

:rolleyes

Who'd a thunk? And where have I been? I thought she was prime lesbo material...

sigh.

Post subject: Re: Walks like a duck...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:05 pm 
Kate Jackson-the only reason to watch Charlie's :angel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:25 pm 
Ah I just remembered two other ladies that made me think if only...Samantha (Ally Walker) and Angel (Erica Gimpel) on Profiler. They had nice chemistry and I really really like Ally Walker.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:58 pm 
The women who stars in Crossing Jordan, (Jill Hennessy). I don't really watch the show but everytime I turn it on, my gaydar perks up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:50 pm 
Laurie, you've seen chutney popcorn right? She plays a lesbian , very well I might say.

- - - - - - - - - - -

-Willie Wonka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:12 pm 
Yes, Hushpuppy, Kate Jackson was some crush I had a long time ago!

One potential couple that has not been mentioned is, of course, Cybil Sheridan and Marianne Thorpe. I think they were cute together and just today I watched a re-run in which Cybil and Marianne dance together at Dr. Dick's wedding. It was very tender. :heart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:41 am 
Xita, no I have not seen that movie.

Is it good?

well, actually the real question....does it end well?

I would just like to know before I waste my time looking for it only to have her die at the end.

Jill's hot but I do have some standards or at least try to.:)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:42 am 
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Elektra Woman and Dynagirl. But, then again, the mean age of the Kittens does seem to be a bit younger than my 29 years.

Catie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:12 am 
laurie, it's a good movie. It's low budget/lesbian production but it's not badly acted or badly written. And it does have a happy ending. I think it's good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

-Willie Wonka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:50 pm 
Minor Canadian Fact: Jill Hennesy is from Kitchener, Ontario, just an hour west of Toronto (and my cousin's hometown).

Yay for cool Canadian actors!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has. "

- Margaret Mead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:42 am 
Just have to throw in a mention of Jules (Keira Knightley) and Jess (Parminder Nagra) in "Bend it Like Beckham." I mean good grief, the chemistry was so obvious. Despite the whole issue with the coach, I'm still convinced that after the end of the movie, they go off to college and realize that they're meant to be together. I hope they never make a sequel and burst my bubble.

-Meredith

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:48 am 
Definitely Kate and Allie, as others have said. Kristy McNichol on "Empty Nest", the only tv show I ever saw her in.

Helen Slater as Billie Jean in the "Legend of Billie Jean".

Mary Stuart Masterson as Watts in "Some Kind of Wonderful".

I ripped the sleeves off of a lot of shirts trying to look like them. Which is extremely hard for an big-haired African-American kid. :lol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:36 am 
Quote:
Helen Slater as Billie Jean in the "Legend of Billie Jean".

:drool

:thud

OMG... now I have yummy images in my head. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Hee...

Jen

ETA: Angelina Jolie as "Legs" in, "Foxfire." :heart

||My Fan Fiction and More!|| ||My Yahoo Group|| ||September 11th 2001 - An on-line Memorial||
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I see gay people!

Edited by: Jennpurr at: 8/31/03 9:38 am

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:31 pm 
Big dummy, those are great choices!

I am going to add one of mine, my guilty pleasure, "just one of the guys," Terri should have been gay and taken a little bite out of that sherilyn fenn!

Here's another one, Anne of Green Gables as played by Megan Follows!

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

-Me & Bobby
McGee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:55 pm 
If I remember correctly Legs from Foxfire is gay. In that scene on the roof when Legs says shes thinking about leaving Maddy says "If I told you I love you would you take it the wrong way". Legs is like "The wrong way?". Then Maddy says "Well cuz youre...and Im not." I took that to mean Legs was gay and Maddy wasnt.

I nominate Sara Pezzini(sp?) from Witchblade. I know they had that one ep where she said she was but I think that was just to freak out her homophobic partner.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:10 pm 
OK, I thought of a couple more wish they were's or should have been's.

Dana Delaney in China Beach yummmmmy!!

and Jorga Fox (Sara) on CSI is a definite should be.

and I totally agree with Aly Walker (Profiler), just wasn't the same after she left.

Ahhh what a subject :grin

Thank you Amber and Alyson!!