The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fingersmith fanvid (my first one ever!)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:59 pm 
8. Vixen

Hello Kittens!

I FINALLY made my very own fanvid after enjoying them for years. I always thought I couldn't do it. After obsessing over Fingersmith (the book and film) for the summer I simply couldn't help myself....I had to make one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfTBJpSVArg

If you have the time, please watch my vid and comment if you like it. I did what I could with Windows Movie Maker but have come to the realization that I can't really make something as high quality as I would like without purchasing better software.

This video is dedicated to Foomatic and all of the other vid masters. I hope I have done you justice on my first attempt.

I love this film and love this song. If you haven't heard of Dulcesky do check them out at http://www.dulcesky.com and discover their lush, haunting music.

Thanks.

Amy :peace

Post subject: Re: Fingersmith fanvid (my first one ever!)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:26 am 
8. Vixen

My video was offline for a while but it's up again and is public. Please check it out and leave comments if you like it.

Thanks!
:peace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:13 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Just watched your video (obviously) and thought it was well done. I love Sarah Waters and I'm not sure which on I like best Tipping the Velvet or Fingersmith.

I'm not nearly as patient to sit and do a video edit like that and not sure I actually could so now I'll request that if you are so inclined you might make one up for Tipping the Velvet. ;)

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:25 pm 
8. Vixen

Hello Heather! :peace Thank you so much for commenting on my Fingersmith vid. I would like to make a Tipping the Velvet one sometime, but first I've recently created an Otalia vid. Check it out!

I have used Windows Movie Maker to create two recent vids. It is definitely not the best choice for video editing but for my purposes it works out ok. Honestly, I can't afford pricey software and this is also something I do occasionally. Movie Maker has its limitations and you can see them reflected in my vid but I did the best I could with what I had to work with.

I heard the song again recently and thought it fit these two perfectly. I wanted to make a vid with a compilation of some of my favorite clips and also attempt to have a coherent theme. My main goal was to match the lyrics with the scenes and I think I accomplished this.

Feel free to comment on Vimeo or leave feedback here if you are so inclined. I appreciate it!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:00 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Amy,

Just saw your "Fingersmith" video; wow, that was so powerful and amazing!

You have a real eye for images and a feel for great music, too.

More please? :pray

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother