The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Loosing Faith
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:28 am 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 1
Toshi: Hey guys.
Name of Fic: Loosing Faith
Rating: PG-13 (At the moment. Don't know if it'll go up)

So no-one has BETA'd this...so my apologies if my grammer is bad. :)
Also I would just like to state. The Faith's in this story are not the Faith from Buffy. I have been writing this story since before I even started watching Buffy. Just to stop any confusion. This is completely original and in no way copyrighted.
Enjoy

Prologue

Lying in my Dorm room, thinking about life. Sounds quite poetic doesn’t it? Honestly, it’s boring. I was confined to my room since I was getting a new roommate and the ‘teachers’ know that if I wasn’t confined to my room I’d wander off and probably wouldn’t be back until gone midnight. So here I was. Lying on my patchwork quilt, thinking about my life. Or lack there of.

My name is Faith, but everyone calls me Imp. No-one knows my last name as I have been here for as long as anyone can remember. I’m sixteen years old. The place where I live is for special kids. No, not kids with special needs or anything. Psychic kids. Kids with psychic powers. I’m a hallucinist. If I touch someone it paralyses them and traps them in a hallucination. That and I can project images and sometimes sounds out of my head so people can see them. Great fun when people are drunk. I got my old roommate with that so many times. Rather amusing.

My old roommate’s name was Faith as well. She was a telepath. Sometimes it got annoying when I was planning a surprise or something. I was the only one she was in constant link with though, she could shut other people out. We caused havoc around round school. Me making illusions of myself and other pupils and teachers to go and disturb other lessons and Faith reading the teachers minds to get the answers.

After Faith…left I had a new roommate called Adele. I’m not sure what she could do as she was only here for a day and she was really shy. Then there was Hazumi. She was Japanese and she was Telekinetic. She could move things without touching them. I would often wake up to find my patchwork quilt, screwed up into a ball, suspended in mid-air and Hazumi sat meditating on her bed. At such a point I would normally throw my pillow at her and my quilt would fall with a ‘flump’ back to my bed. Hazumi left after three weeks. I was actually kinda sad. I’d liked her. She was nice.
[center]I hope that this one lasts
longer![/center]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toshi: So there you go. Chapter one should be up...eventually. When I finally get off my lazy butt and get around to typing it up :)
Please leave feedback
_-_Ja ne_-_
:kgeek
Toshi

Last edited by Werekitty_ToshiGoth on Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Loosing Faith
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:07 am 
4. Extra Flamey

That was really good :).
But, I'm not sure if you can post this here? You'd have to ask one of the mods, or read the faq.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:50 am 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 1
A/N – Toshi: Well here’s Chapter 1. As I said at the beginning of the Prolouge. The Faith’s in this are not the Faith from Buffy. They are both of my creation and in no way is this a fanfiction.
Again this has not been BETA’d so my apologies for any mistakes :)
Enjoy

[center]Chapter 1[/center]

I think I fell asleep. In fact. I’m almost certain I fell asleep. Cause the next thing I remember is someone knocking on my door, asking if the could come in. It was Miss B. She had been Miss B for so long none of us could remember her actual name.

“Yeah, yeah you can come in.”

Wasn’t really like I could say no. It was going to be her room too.

“Imp?” Called Miss B as she opened the door.

I created an image of myself to stand at the door. I really couldn’t be bothered moving. Or communicating directly with anyone.

“Hey Miss B. Taking it your dropping off my new punching ba…I mean roommate.” Miss B rolled her eyes, then saw me on the bed.

“Imp! What have I told you?” I smiled.

“I should actually talk to people and not use my illusions to do it for me. That and never eat yellow snow.” Me and my illusion rattled off at the exact same time.

I heard someone laugh from behind Miss B. I sat up and let illusion me disappear.

“Hey Newbie. Come on in.” I said, already wondering what she was like. Wow…We were like polar opposites look wise.

While my hair was Pitch black (The colour of Ink Faith had often remarked) and really really long (Like down to the back of my knees) hers was bright white, short and choppy and stood up at really odd angles.

Where my skin was honey coloured, due to sun exposure, hers was so pale you could easily mistake her for a ghost.

My eye’s were dull blue, then went bright blue when I trapped someone in a hallucination, while hers were bright bright jade green, with splinters of grey in them.

“Hi.” She said.

Even her voice was completely different. Mine was kinda gravely and deep, unless I was singing, while hers was light and lilt and cultured. We looked about the same height though. I was 5”2 so she can’t have been taller than that.

“Hey. I’m Imp.” I said, swinging round so I was sat on the side of the bed.

“Matt.” Was her reply.

Matt? Isn’t that a boys name? Well I suppose I can’t say much. My name’s Imp, hardly traditional.

“Hallucinist.” Was my next…word. Can’t really call it a sentence.

“Shape Changer.”

Shape Changer? That’s a physical ability. I thought this was a facility for Psychics.

“I know what your thinking. Don’t worry. I don’t actually change shape. I change people perceptions of things so that they think it’s a different shape.” Matt said, going to sit on her bed.

I span round on mine as I heard the door click shut.

“Okay so look…Unpack, fine. But don’t get comfy and personal. Not until you’ve been here a month. Otherwise you might leave and then we’ll have to re-decorate.”

I said, before I lay back down. I only really had to be nice when there were people around.

“Are there any Telepaths here?” She asked suddenly.

“No. Faith was the only one. She…left. About a month ago.”

Then I closed my eyes and concentrated. After a moment I had filled her suitcase with images of severed body parts and spiders and scorpions and things. It sounds crueld but I had done it to every new roommate that I had had. I heard her open her bag. No Scream. Toughest one I’d had since Faith. I saw, through one of the severed eyes, that she just reached in and pulled out a pair of pyjama’s. Wow. She really wasn’t scared. I sat up.

“Impressive.”

“I was terrified. But I knew it was you.” I smiled. She was good.

“Cool. I’m off.” And I stood.

“Where?” She asked, I could feel her staring at my back.

“Out. Don’t wait up.” I muttered before I left. I needed to get away. This had been a regular thing for me and Faith. We would sneak out to a clearing and I would meditate and she would watch what jumped out of my mind. She often took childlike delight in chasing my illusions, trying to catch them.
I arrived at our clearing and sat cross-legged on the rock. I sat there, not forcing anything onto my mind, just letting it wander.
I meditated to forget and to remember. To relax and to tense up. To let my mind wander and to concentrate. Isn’t it funny how meditating is full of oxymorons. Miss B burst out laughing when I had said that one day. When I asked what was so funny she said that it was because I knew what an oxymoron was.

And so I close my eyes and let the colours dance.

“Imp! Hey Impy!” I rolled my head to the side and look at her.
“Yeah?”
“I’m bored.”
“You’re always bored.” That was true. She was famed for always saying ‘I’m Bored!’
“So what?” She climbed out of her bed and into mine, snuggling into me.
“Love you Impy.” Then she kissed me.
“Love you too…”

My eye’s snapped open. I shouldn’t be going there. She was gone. I forced myself to relax and closed my eye’s again.

“Imp.” Faith.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toshi: Well...I hope you enjoyed my random ramblings. Feel free to leave feedback :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:14 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Ooo, quite curious as to what happened to the other Faith :). Good chapter ^^

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:46 am 
23. Volumey Text

Interesting story.