The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Original Fic: Valentine, My Love
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:37 pm 
This relationship is just so sweet, I love it! :love It's sad how much heartache poor Serene has had to deal with, and then it just makes her doubt her feelings for Valentine. Although we know she head over heels for Val. The hand holding: superb :heart It just screams sweetness all over.

~Scar~ :flower

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:53 am 
Dude......adorable....absolutly marvelous.

I loved EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The morning was cute...lmao... "work!!!" LMAO...man I know that feeling;)

Aww....the note....it was sooo cute!!! :heart :heart :heart

Lydia and Serene's talk...at first I was like "oh brother...sisters" lmao:lol :lol :lol .....but she prolly really cares for her little sister....:grin I know I would....don't want my little sister hurting.... Internal monologue that Serene has after she finds out from her sister that Valentine likes her;) Can't explain why, but I liked it....and how it was connected to what she said afterwords about being careful. In my mind :blush

Okay....mom talk...dude....
Quote:
"Life is about heartaches, Serene," she looked at me and rose an eyebrow.
and

Quote:
"If life was full of nothing but happiness, there’d be nothing left on earth to learn." she grinned.

Dude...I just LOVED it....Made me think...and that's one of the things that I LOVE about your writing, it makes me think (it is good:) ).

Of course the last part was very sweet:p I mean come on.. with all the glances and puddles;) And pool? LMAO :lol :lol

Teaching her...oh god...I wanna see...no wait...I wanna read that one and soon!!!! :flirt :flirt :flirt .

I will never be tired of telling you how much I love your writing style. You have serious issues, you have humor...you have everything in here...basically...life:) I love it:grin You make me laugh....you make me think....you make me cry.....You have a gift:) And you are using it very good:)

Keep on using it:)

I will always be here to read it and to tell you how much I love it:p I will never be disapointed in your writings:) I'm positive about it....you can't change my mind:p

Love you,

:peace :heart

M.

---------------------

"..I feel you, I taste you, I cannot forget, everytime it rains I get wet..." (c) Ace of Base

"I want to go back to...Believing in everything and knowing nothing at all.."(c) Evanescence

"I'm sorry..."- Me " You are NOT sorry" -Holly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:11 am 
That was soo adorable, and so amazing..gods, I love this so much. They are both so sweet and so adorable :heart Love sammi xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

Post subject: oh yay!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:52 pm 
well most certainly Bra's off to you, dear EJ!

I love the way you bring out Serene's Emotions.. and all her inner thoughts.. really puts me in mind of someone...

can't wait for more..

wonderful as always...

beware of the Ginger Sauce....

:flower

Nickole

Post subject: Re: oh yay!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:07 pm 
hehe *another tackle hug* hehe i wanna just.. really say thank you. your writings have made me happy over the past few days.. my girlfriend(of 8 months) broke up with me yesterday after we got into a big fight. then today at school she asked me out after she saw me bawling my eyes out. i said yes of course but... im scared that if we get into another fight she may break up with me.. but then when i got home and saw u updated i was like :) yay. and it made me apreciate(sp?) the fact that the love of my life loves me just as much as i love her and really makes me think. so thank you thank you thank you holly.. very much :luv

Post subject: Re: Valentine, My Love
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:12 pm 
Thank you all for the awesome feedback! And for reading! :D I hope you enjoy this part, and forgive me, for the cliffhanger...:ashamed

Title: Valentine, My Love

Chapter: 4/?

Author: Holly aka Taras Shadow

Rating: R

Disclaimer: All characters belong to me.

Summary: Nothing but a love story.

A change in the story...this part is told from Valentine's POV. Hope I did well. :)

~Chapter 4~

Serene: calm, peaceful, and untroubled; tranquil.

That is what she makes me feel when I am with her. Peaceful. Serene has a smile that would brighten up any room, and those honey coloured eyes that just sparkle when she is laughing.

I couldn’t stop thinking about her since she left my place early this morning. I wanted her to stay so bad, but I also knew that she had to work, and if she stayed, we’d probably end up talking the rest of the night away.

I didn’t know where the boldness came from, when I drove up to her driveway and asked her if she would like to hang out with me tonight. It’s not like I haven’t asked people before, but this early on, I rarely found the courage to speak to them, let alone hold their hand! It was something about her though, she has this energy about her - it’s like she is calling for you to stay with her with many promises of keeping you safe. Yet she looks like she is lost and she’s begging for a friend.

Serene.

I took her hand in mine when she hopped out of the car and went straight for the couches in the small bar and grill. "What are you going to have?"

She looked at me and smiled, that graceful smile appearing upon her lips. "Whatever you’re having," she hollered over the loud music. But her hand held me back when I went to go up to the bar to get our drinks. "I’ll go, you keep the seat warm."

I looked at her confused, then I smirked. "But how do you know what I want?"

That look in her eye, mischievous. "It’s what I want...isn’t it?"

She was only a few breaths away from me, her lips looked so inviting and I caught on to her meaning. I swallowed and watched her back away from me.

"Two cokes?" Serene smiled and turned around after I nodded.

My heart was beating so fast and I couldn’t help but feel insecure that I was sweating a little. I’m not exactly new to this town, but Serene would be the only person I ever showed interest in. Only she could make me feel this way.

I had one relationship in the past. Two years ago, one serious relationship where I was committed to this person and was left just a few days before the vows would be made. Alex. She was the only woman I’ve ever loved, she was the only one that I used to imagine growing old with, and she was the only one that I really disliked now. I have never been hurt that bad in my entire life, when she left me for...him. Not even my destroyed relationship with my parents had that kind of affect on me.

I got over it more quickly than I thought I would. I realized that I would never be able to move on if I stayed around my old place and moped about it. So I went back into school and decided to finish my Journalism Degree. Without my passion for writing, I don’t know where I’d be.

"Here you go," Serene sat down beside me, breaking me out of my thoughts. Handing me the glass of coke, she allowed her free hand to fall on my knee briefly before moving it.

"Thanks," I smiled and we sat back on the couch comfortably. "So do you come here often?"

"Not really no," she shook her head and smiled at me. "Maybe if it’s to celebrate whatever and hey, I guess we’re celebrating your move here, so go us!"

She is so damn adorable. "Go us," I smirked as we playfully clinked our glasses together.

She sighed and looked at me, almost intently before a little smile appeared on her face. "I don’t work this weekend," she swallowed, taking another sip of her coke.

"Really?" I asked, looking at her suspiciously.

"No, I mean, I’m off for the weekend, which is why I don’t work..." Serene blushed and cleared her throat. "Just, if you wanted more help getting settled in or shown around, which I’m pretty sure you know your way around..."

"Cool, then you and I can hang out!" I smiled and looked around the place, it was getting pretty full and I still wanted Serene to teach me how to play pool. "When did you want to play pool?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don’t know," she sighed dramatically. "Are you sure you’re ready to move up into the big leagues?"

I pouted. "Well, even if I weren’t, I’d still want you..." I allowed the sentence to linger. "...to teach me."

It looked like Serene held her breath for a minute there, I, Valentine, actually made her speechless.

She stood up and took my hand into her own, placing her half empty coke glass on the side table beside the abandoned pool table. "Okay, first of all, you’ll need both hands," she took my own glass and placed it beside hers. "Second of all, you gotta be good with the stick."

I laughed and took the cue stick she handed me. "I don’t know how good I am with...stick," I whispered in her ear.

"Val!" Serene blushed and shook her head, getting all the balls ready and racked. "Since I’m the one racking, you’ll break."

God, she is so sexy when she is in charge. Talking about racking and breaking, I really don’t have the slightest clue what she’s talking about, but mainly because I was focused thoroughly on her. She guided me to the end of the table and demonstrated how to shoot with the cue stick.

"I’m guessing you bend over a lot in this game," I chuckled, watching her backside, with a slow lick of my lips. I had no clue what has gotten into me, but I couldn’t control myself, nor did I plan too.

"I don’t think you’re taking this very seriously, Miss Jades," she leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"I-I’ll be good," I breathed, feeling my whole body tingle.

"Good," a satisfied smirk crossed Serene’s lips. "Now, if you need any help with the aiming, just ask."

So, there I was, bending over slightly and I felt her form press against from behind. "Serene?"

"Hmm...you like you needed help," she murmured, her fingers moving along my arm that was outstretched in front of me. Her breasts were pressed snug against my back and I bit back a soft moan. I know that she was just helping, but then I felt her warm breath against my ear. "Just move your cue stick back and you want to make sure you have just the right pressure when you hit the ball," she whispered.

I swallowed and allowed her to help me with the breaking. Was I going to tell her that I have played pool once before? No. I think she was enjoying this just as much as I was. I still didn’t know what I was doing. Did I mention Serene was sexy?

I shot the cue ball and it hit all the other balls, but none went into the pockets. "Well, you could’ve helped me put them in the pockets," I laughed as her body left mine.

Serene blushed and wiped her hands in her dark denim jeans. "My turn," she smiled and made her shot.

I had to admit she played pretty well, considering my ass was getting kicked as she sunk her third ball. "No pool shark, my ass Serene," I smirked and grabbed my drink, taking a sip.

"I said I’ve played, but no, I’m no expert," she stood beside me as she handed me the stick. "We don’t have to play, if you don’t want too."

"Oh, I want too," I smiled and placed my hand on her arm, letting my fingertips trail against the soft material of her shirt. "And I love it when you help me."

Serene smirked and nodded her head towards the other end of the pool table, where the cue ball sat. "Come on, let’s try and get at least one sunk in," she observed the way I was positioned, yes, bending over more than usual, because the ball was that far away.

I peered over my shoulder and licked my lips. "Hey Serene...a little help here?"

Pushing herself off of the side table, she came up behind me and repeated the same thing she did earlier. Only this time, her body was leaned more into mine then the first time. It was safe to say that Serene really had my attention...among other things...

"Yes!" Serene leapt back and hugged me as I sank my first ball. "You sunk a ball!"

I giggled and held her close for another second before pulling back. "Um, aren’t you solids though?" I asked, frowning a bit.

"Well..hey! You still sunk a ball," she smiled goofily, the cutest grin.

"That doesn’t count, I need to be all ‘woo!’ when I sink a stripe," I pouted and handed her the game stick.

"You will," she grinned and continued her turn.

By the time our game was over with, needless to say, I never won. But I did help her win, so technically, I won! Well, whenever I sunk a ball, Serene would touch me, on the back, or shoulder and when I really did sink a stripe ball, she hugged me and I swore I felt her lips pressed softly on my neck.

"Did you want another drink?" she asked.

"Sure," I sat back down on the couch and watched her walk up to the bar. Looking around, I knew that this wasn’t going to be a bad change at all.

"One coke for you ma’am," she came back with a big smile and sat down next to me again.

"Thank you, m’lady," I chuckled and took a sip. "And um, thank you for trying to teach me how to play pool, sorry I wasn’t a good student."

Serene lay her hand out on mine and bit her bottom lip. "You were an amazing student," she blushed. "And you’ll catch on quick, I can tell you’re a fast learner."

"That’s because you teach really well...and demonstrate perfectly," I smirked and instantly laced our fingers together.

"Glad I could help," she leaned forward slowly. Those beautiful honey eyes gazing into my own and her lips were so inviting.

I leaned forward as well, our lips only inches apart, our breath mingling, eyes peering through long eyelashes and suddenly, everything melted away when her lips were softly pressed against mine. I couldn’t even describe what the kiss felt like, neither of us rushed it, or deepened it.

She pulled back and her eyes were wide with wonder. "You kissed me back," she stated in disbelief.

"Of course I did," I smiled shyly, I could slowly feel my boldness fading.

"I’m not complaining," she whispered, raising her hand to brush some loose hair from my eyes.

We leaned forward again and our lips were about to meet, when someone called out Serene’s name.

"Serene!" a voice hollered from near by.

I felt Serene tug back, not fast or quickly, but it was like she was startled.

We turned our heads and found a rather, gorgeous woman standing there, wearing a short skirt that she fit just right with the long slim legs she had, and a white blouse with the top three buttons open, showing part of her black lacy bra.

"Serene, how are you?" the intruder asked - I cursed her silently for interrupting us.

Serene licked her lips and cleared her throat, she threw a glance at me and back at the woman before us, saying her name. "Jill?"

TBC...

~Holly~ :heart

"I was born 'normal'...life made me strange." - Marina

"I am a tongue whore...you gave me tongue, what am I supposed to do...sit back and keep my mouth shut?" -Me-

"I know who you really are...you're the one who cries when you're alone." - Where Will You Go? - Evanescence

Post subject: Dude!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:24 pm 
Holly.....dude!!!!!!

You didn't just stop there!!!!! Dude.....come back!!!!! That's not the end....of the chapter....!!!!!

:shock :shock :shock :shock

I really liked the whole pool game;) It was really..... I LOVED it a lot!!!! And pool;) Marvelous...:grin :grin :grin . You did a great job:grin :grin ....more soon right? :flirt :flirt :flirt

I read it at work..sorry for not writting more, I'll do it when I'm back at home:)

Love you,

M.

P.S. Well... I did promise to write some more from home:p you know what...it's a good thing I reread it....cuz I read "two cokes" as "two cookies" LMAO:) ))))) TWICE!!!!!!!! It actually puzzled me a little bit....I mean....why cookies?:lol :lol :lol :lol :lmao

You know, it was very good idea to write from Valentine's POV...it gives more information about her.....more to her... they both had been in serious relationship.....and both got hurt:( And dude...I gotta tell you something, you sooooooooo good at building sexual tension.....I wonder why.....:hmm :lol :lol Totally loved the whole teaching pool thing:p you are good dude...pool....I miss pool:(

And again...that whole innocent "and forgive me, for the cliffhanger... :ashamed " ....it doesn't work.... you have there wrong icon...lmao:lol it should be.... either ":smug " or ":kdevil " or ":devilish " :p

Love you:p

Edited by: YMKA at: 2/15/04 9:27 pm

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:16 pm 
I really loved seeing things from Valentine's perspective. It just made things sweeter knowing what was going on in her head and how she felt about Serene. Teaching her how to play pool was just... WOW! Every sentence was just a little more and a little bit more working up to that kiss... just... Wow!

And and and NOO how can you leave it like that? Evil girl :p

Loving this a lot! :D

~Scarlette~:flower

Edited by: oo de lally at: 2/13/04 9:21 pm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:02 am 
That was great. :clap

I really liked seeing things from Valentines point of view. It gave me a fresh perspective on the relationship.

hmm, I never knew that playing pool could be so much fun :D Though I guess it depends on who you're playing with.

Looking forward to :read more

ps, aren't these the cutest smileys ever? :kdevil :kgeek

Postel's Prescription: Be generous in what you accept, rigorous in what you emit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:42 am 
That was soo good..and from Valentines point of view too..really interesting. Love sammi xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:05 pm 
HOLLY!!!!!!!!!!! - :clap :sheep :love :eatme :bow :banana :thud :bounce :party

WAHOO!!!!! That was awesome. Sorry I didn't read the updates sooner but, I am all with the caught up'ness now. Anyhoo, I love it and I can't wait to read more. So, let's see some more please??? =)

Aaron

'TaraBaby77'

"It's about two people,
regardless of sex, who love each other and treat each other with compassion and
respect."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:10 pm 
This is such a great story, I got butterflies in MY stomach just from reading it. More soon?

Marcia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:25 pm 
I pouted. "Well, even if I weren’t, I’d still want you..." I allowed the sentence to linger. "...to teach me."

It looked like Serene held her breath for a minute there, I, Valentine, actually made her speechless.

hehe i liked that. very nice update holly :luv2

-kels

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:13 pm 
Hey There! Well, I managed to write this up last night! Thank you all for the feedback and reading. Sorry there are no individual replies this time around but I appreciate all of it muchly! So, here you go and enjoy! :D

Chapter: 5/?

Note: We're back with Serene's POV

~Chapter 5~

I felt her lips pressed against mine, it was a feeling I don’t think I’ll ever be able to describe. My heart was pounding in my chest so fast and hard, I was shocked to find that she’d kissed me back. I don’t know why, but I guess I was half expecting her to pull back - I’m glad she didn’t.

I raised my hand to brush hair out of her eyes and leaned forward again, wanting to soak myself so deep into the feel of her lips, her sense.

"Serene!" I heard a familiar voice holler my name and I pulled back, looking at Valentine with apologetic eyes.

I turned my head and saw her, the one woman who had my heart and broke it. I looked back at Val and then back at the other woman, "Jill?"

"Wow, and she remembers," Jill smirked and looked at Valentine.

"Of course I remember," I sighed and sat back fully, noting that Jill made no intentions of leaving until she was introduced to the most absolute beautiful woman beside me.

"Miss me?" Jill smiled moved closer.

I never answered her. I watched some sort of emotion wash across Valentine’s face and I immediately reached out to grab her hand, giving her any comfort that I could.

"Am I interrupting...something?" the other woman asked. "I’m Jill, by the way."

Valentine smiled softly and took Jill’s offering hand and shook it. "I’m Valentine."

"Pretty."

"How have you been?" I asked my ex. All I wanted to do was kiss Val’s sweet lips again.

"Not bad, never thought I’d see you out this late on a Wednesday night," she took a seat beside me. "I miss you," she smiled lightly, her eyes were burning into mine.

I averted my eyes and swallowed. Why now? Of course I was over Jill, that’s not what was bothering me...what was bothering me was the fact that it felt like Valentine was becoming uncomfortable.

"You don’t miss me?" Jill asked, her hand reached mine.

"Jill, it’s not that-" I began, but the sentence fell short when I felt Valentine pull her hand away. "Val?" my eyes locked on hers briefly before hers looked away quickly.

"I um, I have to go to the ladies room," Valentine stood up and started to walk away.

"Valentine," I started to go after her when Valentine turned around and smiled weakly.

"I don’t know what’s going on, or what she is or was to you, but it seems like there was something pretty big and important involved...you should talk," she grabbed my hand and brought my palm to her lips. "I really don’t mind," she whispered, placing a soft kiss on the sensitive skin. I couldn’t help but shiver.

"Okay, you won’t leave me here right?" I asked, frowning in panic.

"Of course not," she smiled and nodded towards Jill. "You go and talk."

"Val, I’ll explain things later."

"I’m just guessing that she’s an ex," she licked her lips and stepped back. "Now go, I’m spending more than five minutes in that washroom," she laughed softly - music to my ears.

I walked back to the couch and sat down next to Jill. "I thought you moved away?" I asked, fidgeting slightly.

"I am, I mean, I’m here for a visit," she smiled and looked around. "I miss home."

"It’s a miss-able place," I grinned.

"With miss-able people," she whispered. "I was wondering if maybe, we could get together sometime...before I head back."

"You have nerve," I smirked and turned to face her fully. "Here I am, on a date with another woman, and you’re asking me out?"

"Isn’t that what we do to beautiful women? Ask them out?" Jill flirted and I backed off a bit.

"Sorry Jill, I can’t do this," I sighed and stood up. "It really was nice seeing you again, and possibly under other circumstances, things wouldn’t be as awkward...but I-"

"I’m crashing things with Valentine, I get it," she stood up and tucked hair behind her ears. "But please, I just, I want to talk to you before I go back."

"Call me tomorrow night, at my mom’s," I looked over her shoulder and saw Valentine approaching us.

"Great," Jill smiled and gave a friendly nod at Valentine and took off.

Val tugged me down back on the couch and laced her fingers with mine, after Jill disappeared. "Is everything okay?"

I nodded and smiled lightly. I wanted to be honest with Valentine. I felt I owed it to her and myself. I didn’t know what Val and I were becoming, or if we’d become anything, but I knew that she had to know. "Um, Val?" I looked at her and blinked slowly.

"You want to go home?" She asked in a quiet voice.

"No, not at all." I cupped her face and gently caressed the skin with my finger. "I just, I was wondering if you wanted to go somewhere else more quiet...so we can talk."

Valentine’s smile lit up the room and nodded. "Not a problem," she breathed.

We grabbed our belongings and headed out to where her car was parked. I opened the driver’s door for her this time and we drove quietly to a small coffee café.

"My Aunt loves this place," she grinned as we found a two seat table. "It’s cozy."

"Yea, I like to come in here sometimes just before it closes and read," I glanced around the small place, the walls were filled with bookshelves and pictures.

"I’d love to join you one day," Valentine smiled, her eyes twinkled.

"You’re welcome to join me whenever," I grinned.

"Really? Whenever?" A playful smile tugged at her lips.

"If you’re good," I whispered, winking slowly.

"Oh, I think I’ll hold you to that," Valentine leaned over the table and pressed her lips to my ear. "Would you like to be held?"

"I’m a snugly person," I swallowed when she sat back.

"I believe it," she smiled and the waitress gave us our latte’s. "Thank you," she looked at the waitress. "So, Jill..."

"Ex-girlfriend."

"Ah, I see," Valentine blew on the latte. Her lips were so soft and they were full and wow.

"I haven’t seen her since almost a year ago," I looked out the window and watched as it started to drizzle.

"Seemed that way, I mean, you looked a little shocked that she was there," Val replied.

"Oh, Val, I just...I need you to know that I don’t have feelings for her at all, not anymore," I reached over and grabbed her hand.

"I believe that you don’t have those kinds of feelings for her anymore, but you do have those feelings that will never go away. Especially if it was a long relationship period," her voice was smooth and full of understanding. It hit me that she must’ve had a serious relationship as well. "I was in one too, for quite a while, but it never worked out."

"Oh, I’m sorry," I caressed her fingers with my thumb.

Valentine grinned. "Serene, I’m going to be honest with you, if it weren’t for those break ups, do you really think we’d be here right now...together?"

"I guess not," I smiled shyly. "Can I be honest?"

"I wouldn’t want anything less," she replied.

"I love the way you say my name," I blushed and looked down in my latte.

"Serene," she whispered it again and tilted my head to meet her eyes. "I love the way you blush, it’s adorable."

"You do a pretty good job at it," I grinned.

We started idle chat after that, talking about other things we could do in the near future. I had told her that I worked until the weekend. She had offered to join me for morning breakfasts and lunch until the weekend - and I wasn’t about to complain.

"We should get going, we have a breakfast date in the morning," Val grinned and stood up, taking my hand once again.

"Do we have too?" I pouted and followed her outside. "Ah, rain!" I squealed with delight. I love rain, it was so refreshing, I felt more that way at night.

"I’m guessing you like being wet," she giggled and went to unlock the car door.

"Well," I allowed the word to roll of my tongue, "it’s rather interesting seeing as we’re wet, together."

"I’m still trying to figure you out," she stood there, the rain coming down slightly harder. "One minute you’re adorably shy, and the next you’re a sexy vixen."

"And you love it," I chuckled and tugged her towards me, our lips meeting in a soft but quick kiss.

"Indeed I do," she murmured against my lips. "Come on, let’s get you home and dry."

"But I thought you liked me wet," I whispered.

Valentine cleared her throat and gave a half smirk. "Oh, I’m sure I will."

It was my turn to clear my throat as we both hopped into her vehicle.

She pulled up to my house and put the car in park. "Thank you for joining me."

"Anytime," I looked at her and at that moment, I felt so content. I was with Valentine, the woman who made my heart pound and skip a beat, the one who made me smile and the one who kisses so amazingly! And the rain pattering on the rooftop of the car, made it that much more better.

She unbuckled her seatbelt and was about to climb out of the car when I stopped her.

"You don’t have to go in the rain, I can say good night here."

"But I want to walk you to the door," she pouted.

"Well, then let me open the door for you." I grinned softly and hurried to the other side of the car. Opening the door, I held out my hand and helped her step out of the car. I happily closed the door and then, out of nowhere, I felt my body trapped between the driver side door and Valentine.

"I can’t...I need..." Valentine pressed her lips to mine and kissed me slowly. Her hands encircled my waist and pulled our hips tightly together. I felt her lips parted slowly, brushing her lips over mine.

I couldn’t help but moan, half in surprise and half in pleasure. I melted into Valentine’s embrace. My hands buried themselves in her hair and my head tilted to the side as the kiss grew deeper.

"Serene," her voice was low and throaty, and oh so sexy. Her mouth moved down my jaw line and nuzzled the skin behind my ear.

It started to pour and soon we were both soaked, but our hands kept on wandering and our lips explored each other’s thoroughly. I was in heaven - yet, I was scared. I opened myself for her, my heart was out on the table, ready to be taken if she wanted it. It was too late for me to turn back. I fell hard for Valentine, hard and quickly.

"Serene," Valentine’s voiced echoed throughout my ears as I clutched at her shirt tighter. She pulled back, her lips swollen from kisses. "Do you have any idea how addictive you are?"

"Well, we better watch it then, we don’t want you to overdose," I whispered huskily, my hands were cupping her slender hips. She groaned and captured my lips again in a hot searing kiss. I felt her shiver and whether it was from the chilly rain or from this arousing moment, I pulled out of the kiss and wrapped my arms around her. "Did you want to come in? I have extra clothes if you wanted to dry up."

"It’s a little to late for that, Serene," she purred. "And though I would love to come in, with the state that I am in right now, I highly doubt-"

"I just...please?" I placed my finger over her lips until she nodded.

"On one condition," she took my hand from her lips and laced our fingers together, "will you join me for dinner at my place Friday night?"

I smiled uncontrollably. "You’re going to cook?"

"If you’re good," she smiled and kissed me. "Is that a yes?"

"Hell yea," I grinned as she pulled me off the wet car.

Valentine and I walked up the path to my door, hand in hand and smiles on our faces. I felt alive again, I felt new...Valentine made me feel like I could definitely love again.

And I have an official date with her.

What would Lydia say?

To Be Continued...

"I was born 'normal'...life made me strange." - Marina

"I am a tongue whore...you gave me tongue, what am I supposed to do...sit back and keep my mouth shut?" -Me-

"I know who you really are...you're the one who cries when you're alone." - Where Will You Go? - Evanescence

Edited by: Taras Shadow  at: 2/27/04 7:41 pm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:08 pm 
Dude!!! You updated!!!!! I was just thinking about it...:p

I didn't think it was possible to be happier than I already was, but....when I saw that you updated I was like "YES!!!! UPDATE FROM Holly!!!!!"

I loved this update:) So cute...So why did Jill come back??? Bad bad Jill..lol:lol :lol Val and Serene talking...hehe.." "One minute you’re adorably shy, and the next you’re a sexy vixen."

" :lmao Man....;) Oh...."wet" talk....:lmao Adorable;) K.. when is the next update?:grin :grin ...I can't wait!!!!! And they have a date!!!!! in Val's house...:flirt :flirt

So update soonish? :flirt :flirt ....see I'm good, I'm not bugging ya (I wrote it as buffing...lmao:lol :lol ) but maybe I'll start soon cuz I'm on Holly's updates withdraws ;)

Love ya:)

M.

P.S please forgive me...I'm on meds!!!!!

---------------------

"..I feel you, I taste you, I cannot forget, everytime it rains I get wet..." (c) Ace of Base

"I want to go back to...Believing in everything and knowing nothing at all.."(c) Evanescence

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:43 am 
Wow..Wonderful update Holly..I loved it :heart Love sammi xx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:51 pm 
I apologize for not leaving feedback as I read along, but anyway, this is really a wonderful story. Can't wait to read more and I'll be looking forward to the next part.:)

Yvonne:peace

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:17 pm 
Holly, can you say 'sizzling.' Aside from the obvious um, melting pot of seduction you're setting up here, I've really enjoyed how you construct your characters, they're very believable, which really adds to the enjoyment of the story and makes everything flow nicely. I've often found writers rush through the sensual, but you don't and I like that - the reader does 'feel' the emotion in your scenes. Also, you don't sacrifice setting to creat tension. Where the characters are, is every bit as important as what they're doing - you stirke a nice balance between descriptive and narrative. the dialogue is great, your characters always stay, well in character.

Great work, Holly :)

Peace!!!

Patches

You know I've heard about people like me. But I never made the connection. They walk one road to set them free, And find they've gone the wrong direction. But there's no need for turning back 'cause all roads lead to where I stand. And I believe I'll walk them all No matter what I may have planned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:42 pm 
That was a great update :applause

I'm really enjoying the interaction between Serene and Valentine. They're two such great characters and the flirting is a lot of fun to read :)

Postel's Prescription: Be generous in what you accept, rigorous in what you emit.

Post subject: oh yeah.. :D
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:43 pm 
I love this so much.. it really.. hits home, ya know?

I can't wait for more.. as usual..

You know what this story does to me..

Love,

Nickole

:flower

Post subject: Niiiice
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:59 pm 
Oooooh bad Jill:(

That was super skeazy, flirting with an ex while she's on a date. *growls*

I think that Val and Serene are gonna have another talk before this is resolved completely.

I do love how I picture this story. It's so descriptive, and some of the places seem so familiar...I love how I can picture the setting and know exactly where the characters should be:)

Looking forward to more.. and mmmmm I enjoyed the kissing in the rain...and it was great in the story too:D

Cindi

"Even the bears wanted me to stay in Canada..."

Post subject: VML
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:52 pm 
Wow! Just... wow. Did I mention wow? :D It simply took my breath away, I love this story so much. The world needs more love stories like this :) How do you do it? And how are you not making millions already?

~Scarlette~ :flower

Post subject: Chapter 6a
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:15 pm 
Hey Kittens! Thank you for being patient with me...this part is short, and I have more to add in the near future. Thank you for the feedback and for reading. :D

Chapter: 6a/?

This was written in third person. I'm playing around with it right now, who knows, in the future I may revise, but for now, please bear with me. :)

~Chapter 6a~

"So let me get this straight, you have a date with Valentine tomorrow evening, yet you made out with her all last night until two in the morning?" Lydia tapped her fingers on one of the library stacks as her sister put books away.

Serene smiled to herself and bit her bottom lip. "Yea, I did and yea, I have a date with her tomorrow night."

Lydia frowned. "You and Valentine haven’t..."

"Slept together? No," Serene moved to the other side of the book stacks and continued her job. "Mom was there, do you really think that I’d actually let it get that far?"

The older sister placed a hand on Serene’s shoulder. "How far did it get exactly?"

"Since when did my sex life become your business?" Serene frowned. "Lyd, I’m an adult you know, I can make my own decisions."

"I just don’t want to see you getting hurt!"

Serene sighed and put her arm around her sister’s shoulder. "I know, I’m sorry."

"Okay, as long as you know that," Lydia smiled softly and then waggled her eyebrows. "So how far exactly?"

"Lydia!" Serene burst out laughing and was thrown a few glares by readers in the library. "Nothing happened, we just kissed...a lot."

"Well that’s boring," Lydia pouted.

"And hands roamed a few times, but that’s it."

"Well at least that’s a little more interesting."

A smirk tugged at Lydia’s lips. "I have a vixen for a sister."

"You do not," Serene rolled her eyes. "Why don’t you go bug Steven at work?"

"Can’t, he’ll get fired," the older brunette shrugged.

"And I won’t?"

"I don’t think you will, but I should leave anyway, I have to pick up some clothes from the dry cleaners."

"Okay, let me get back to work," Serene smiled. She went back to the task at hand when she realized that Lydia wasn’t aware of Jill’s return. "Oh, Lyd...there’s something you should know."

"What? You really are a vixen?" Lydia smirked.

"No," Serene laughed then settled a bit, "While I was out with Valentine last night, we ran into...Jill."

"Oh," Lydia’s face was no longer showing a playful _expression. "Is everything okay?"

"Um, obviously...if I was making out with Val last night until early morning," Serene giggled and placed a hand on her sister’s shoulder. "Everything will be okay."

Lydia nodded before smiling. "Okay, good."

"Now go, before you get my ass fired from this remarkable job."

"Yea, okay," the older sister smiled and winked. "See you tonight at mom’s?"

"I’ll be there shortly after work," Serene smiled back.

Lydia grinned and walked away, leaving her sister to do her job.

Serene continued to work, thinking about her lovely night with Valentine. She smiled when she remembered how they parted. Valentine borrowed a sweater and a pair of jeans, they laughed at the fact that they could share clothes, and it had stopped raining once it hit early morning. Serene walked the other young woman out to her car where they shared a few more kisses, when finally Valentine pulled back and whispered, "To be continued," and drove off.

Shaking herself out of her day dream, she heard a small cough behind her. Turning around, she was face to face with the woman in her thoughts. "Val," she smiled and hugged the dark haired woman.

"I hope I’m not too early," Val smiled shyly and handed Serene a cappuccino, "It’s French Vanilla..." she grabbed the girl by the collar and whispered, "Previously..." before take Serene's lips and kissing them softly. Pulling back, Val smiled, her eyes twinkled.

"Oh," Serene sighed ",yum!" She giggled and lead Valentine up to the front desk. "And you’re not too early, actually, you’re just on time."

"Well good," the other woman grinned and licked her lips. "How did your morning go after breakfast, not too tired I hope."

"I’m wide awake, and even if I weren’t, this French Vanilla will certainly do the trick," Serene giggled and laced her fingers with Val’s. "Thank you," she whispered.

"Anytime," Valentine smiled and stroked the back of the lighter brunette’s hand. "So good morning?"

"Well, yes, except my sister came to bug me," Serene rolled her eyes and grabbed her bag from behind the desk. "Lydia can never stay out of my personal business, I know she means well, but still."

"Was this about me being at your place till early morning?"

"Not really no, though I did mention that," Serene grinned and squeezed Valentine’s hand as they walked out onto the sidewalk. "I also told her about Jill being in town..."

"Oh."

"No, no oh," Serene said quickly. "Lyd is very protective of me, I know that, and when it comes to someone who’s broken my heart and stomped on it, she tends to dislike them a lot."

"Gee, doesn’t make me feel any more confident," Valentine teased, throwing Serene a half smirk.

"Why, are you asking me to be more than just a kissing buddy?" Serene raised an eyebrow, biting her bottom lip.

"Serene, last night we had, what they call a ‘sub-conscience first date’."

"Yea?"

"Yea, and it felt pretty real with the whole ex ruining the mood too," Val softly chuckled, swinging their hands as they walked towards a small diner.

"I’m so sorry about that, I didn’t even know she was in town-" Serene was cut off by two fingers on her lips.

"No need to explain," the dark brunette whispered. "As I was saying, last night was technically our first date, after all, I did ask you out, and this morning for breakfast was an official date and now...we’re on our way to a third date, only it’s our second official one," she scrunched up her face. "I confused myself."

Serene laughed and nodded. "Oddly enough, I understood you."

"Phew!" Valentine laughed.

"So what are your plans for this evening?" Serene asked, opening the door for her company.

"Unpacking still," Val giggled as they found a table. "I’ve been pretty busy hanging out with a beautiful brunette," she smiled.

"Aww, I’m sorry Val," the other young woman blushed. "I don’t want to take up most of your time."

"Why not? I wasn’t complaining Serene," Valentine smiled reassuringly. "I’ve never felt so welcomed into a new town, not that I’ve lived in a new town many times before..." she was stopped by the other brunette’s soft laugh. "What?"

"Nothing," Serene cleared her throat and moved her chair closer to Val. "Have I ever told you that you have the most amazing voice?"

Valentine shook her head and smiled shyly. "Thank you."

"So, you got breakfast, I’m getting lunch, what do you feel like having?" Serene asked, handing Valentine a menu, giving her a warm smile.

"Mmm," Valentine looked over the menu then looked up at the other brunette, "well...there’s no cute, sexy brunette on the menu...so I guess I’ll have the cannelloni."

Serene blushed three shades of red and cleared her throat. "My," she sighed teasingly, "I think someone wants a taste," she raised an eyebrow at the darker brunette suggestively.

"Serene!" Val laughed and hid her face. She wasn’t expecting Serene to tease her back.

"Oh, I’m sorry, am I making you blush?"

"You are so gonna get it," the other woman took a sip of her water.

"What are you going to do? Eat me?" Serene bit her bottom lip and chuckled deep in her throat.

Valentine could say nothing but just shake her head in disbelief, her cheeks scarlet red and a smile teasing her lips.

TBC...

Baby, baby, baby when all you're love is gone, who will save me from all I'm up against out in this world

- Bright Lights - Matchbox Twenty

Edited by: Taras Shadow  at: 3/25/04 1:10 pm

Post subject: Re: Chapter 6a
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:37 pm 
Yay!! An update... that was so sweet and so wonderful and I can't wait for more. Wonderful update, Holly.

Marcia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:03 pm 
Oooh great update holly, I loved it..and the teasing..hehe. Love sammi xx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:14 pm 
That was a great update. :applause

The third person POV was a change, though I did miss reading reading the characters thoughts about what was happening.

I thought that Jill was being a bit nosey, but I guess it's a sisters job to be annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:00 am 
Hey there:)

Now that I'm more awake...lol:lol :lol

Dude, great update! I loved the teasing...:lmao it was soo cute!!!!! And the blushing......;)

Can't wait for more;)

Love,

M.

---------------------

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:33 pm 
I'm just in love with this story. It was interesting to read in the third person because you get both points of view which i think made you see how close the two are becoming. I love Serene, she's just so sweet. :D Thank you for the lovely update.

Scarlette :flower

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:32 pm 
Helloooo Holly! :p

Ok I've not been in a reading mood for like *ages* and now I finally am and the first story I hopped on back to check out was this one, because as you know, I've been so in love with it ever since the first time I read it :D And after catching up with all the updates, may I please say again.. 'WOW' ;) This is an amazing story Holly, and it's building up beautifully. I'm blown away and you are such a tease with some of your endings! ;) Makes me hold my breath and just go :shock *laughs* So... Holly... :flirt Maybe... update... sometime... soonish...? :flirt

Cass xx

My whole life I've loved only one person, that person was you

Edited by: intricate mirage at: 3/28/04 11:42 am

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:36 pm 
Once again, Holly, you have made me smile as I finished reading your update. Love the fic, keep up the amazing work that you do. =)

Aaron

'Tarababy77'

"Don't buy into all the media crap. Love yourself for who you are, not what others THINK you should look like. It's DEFINITELY more important in this life to love each other despite our imperfections." - Amber Benson