The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Angels Are Watching
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:59 pm 
Hello all! :bigwave Well, this is my first time posting an original story.... little bit nervous, but i thought i'd bite the bullet and do it. Lol. So, let me know what you think, good or bad. I'd be very grateful!:D

------------------------------------------------------------

Angels Are Watching

A peaceful serenity, cushioned with clouds and filled with silence. Lost in a time that no longer exists there and victim to the purity that was thought to be lost long ago. A blanket of tranquillity had been draped over this once troubled land, stripping it bare and revealing the hidden beauty if had harboured for a millennia. Hidden from hate and suffering, only pure souls were welcomes. The rest were cast aside, left to the darkness, consumed buy the wrongs that they had committed and felt no remorse for.

A silent wind began to blow, but the clouds stayed strong, supporting the peaceful atmosphere. It began to circle, creating a vortex in the middle of the endless paradise. The clouds blurred slightly, as a bright blue light began to pour out of the whirlpool and, suddenly, it was gone. The clouds remained tinted with blue for a few moments longer, until it disappeared completely.

Standing where the vortex had been was a figure. Turning, the figure revealed itself. Her beauty was blinding and she glowed with purity that was patently obvious. Her long blonde hair flowed down her back, over her shoulders and lay softly at her waist. The clothes she wore were silk, different shades of white; a dress that seemed to hug her body closely, all apart from her arms, which were slightly muscled and left uncovered. She wore a band of leather wrapped around her arm; two strips that had been woven together and then tied with a darker piece of material, making her skin look even paler than it was. Her wings, white as snow, stretched from just below her middle, to tower two feet above her head and she glided along the clouds beneath her feet, towards an almost flat surface that floated in midair a little way in front of her. Once she reached it, the angel stopped and cast her gaze downwards.

The surface was actually water. Nothing surrounded it, nothing supported it, the small pool of water merely hung there, suspended in lost time. The angel stared into the water as it rippled and stirred, beginning to glimmer. A picture formed and she smiled, her blue eyes shining as the vision was reflected in them. They danced and sang silently as the angel watched the events unfolding in front of her. Two children, no older than four or five, were sat in the middle of what seemed to be a garden. They were smiling and giggling as the little boy tickled the girl, playfully. Then, the picture faded and the water turned back to how it had been before.

Another picture formed and came alive as the angel watched, but her smile began to fade and was replaced by a frown. The water began to turn red and tears fell from the angel’s eyes, disappearing before they hit the clouds beneath her feet. Pain, suffering, death and sorrow. She could see it all, feel it all. It flowed through her body, leaving a trail of black behind and wrapping its cold, thinning arms around her soul, squeezing until she could hardly breathe. The angel gasped as the picture changed again and the icy cold that had started to set on her soul was lifted. She closed her eyes for a second, the last of her tears falling down her cheeks and then disappearing. She didn’t jump when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“What are you doing?” A voice asked. It wasn’t a demanding question; it was as if the person the voice belonged to already knew the answer to it.

“Watching.” She replied, not yet turning around to face the newcomer.

“Them?” The voice queried. It was a deep voice. Smooth. Male. The angel smiled slightly and turned her body to face the figure standing beside her.

“Kasius, who else would I be watching?” She asked, her smile widened to let him know she didn’t really think it was a silly question.

“There is no one else to watch.” Kasius said, partly thinking out loud, partly answering her question. The angel looked at him fondly. Kasius’ wings were larger than hers. They swooped down to his ankles and surpassed the top of his head by at least three feet. He had been a warrior when the land, which is now known as paradise, was under siege. He had been born to fight, to protect, you could tell just by looking at him. His whole body looked as if it had been chiselled out of stone, what with his muscles and handsome face. The armour that encased his body was gold and silver. It covered his torso and legs, leaving his arms bare, with the exception of the gauntlets that embraced his wrists. He had metal plates attached to the armour on his legs, over his knees, to protect them. They were his weak spots. The sword that had protected him and his own was concealed within a sheath that was strapped to his back, the material that held it in place lay across his chest. The handle was gold, crafted expertly, the dragon engraved across it was the same as the one that had been engraved along the sheath, and a red jewel was settled in the centre of it. His longish, shoulder length, black hair draped loosely across his face and his green eyes sparkled with the wisdom he held.

“It’s awful.” Kasius heard the other angel tell him, before she turned back to the pool. He glanced over at the water, his eyes darkening.

“The water’s red, Bailey.” He told her, not realizing that she probably already knew.

“I know. I watch them, remember?” Bailey said, her gaze never leaving the pool. Her angelic face was cloaked with sorrow and the pain her soul had felt earlier.

“You know what that means. When the Torrent is red, Bailey-”

“Of course I know what it means, Kasius.” The other angel interrupted, slight angry with him. He sighed, breathing out a silent apology. They stood in silence for a moment, looking down at the Torrent. The picture changed, but the water stayed red. Visions of violence and death soared through the water, changing every few moments

“Have you told him?” The warrior asked, watching as Bailey shook her head and dismissed the question.

“He already knows.” As soon as the words passed her lips, the clouds around them began to quiver and flow. The clouds beneath their feet continued to glow, bright than the rest, and suddenly something shot upwards. It broke the surface of the clouds and soared up over their heads. The section of cloud that had been broken began to mould, forming a shape, a body. Bailey and Kasius glanced up, frowning for a moment, watching as the cloud became solid. It hovered in the air for a moment, before plummeting back down towards the two angels and stopping in front of them. Kasius stepped forward, in front of Bailey, and glared at the angel that had just arrived. He was similar to the other angels, except his wings were as black as night, as was the toga he wore, and his eyes were dark and sinister. He stood a littler taller than Kasius, shoulders broad and his arms muscled. The warrior’s brow knitted together, as he stared at the other angel, his look one that would turn any mortal to stone.

“You are not welcome here, Alexis.” Kasius told the angel, his voice never wavering as he breathed out the warning. Alexis tutted and shook his head, stepping forward.

“Brother, I am not here to cause trouble, I’m here because I need to speak with Gabriel.” The dark angel replied, a smile appearing on his face. Kasius did not seem convinced though and he stood his ground, staring Alexis down.

“What makes you think Gabriel would ever waste his time speaking with you?” He spat out, angered by the appearance of his brother. Alexis’ demeanour shifted and his eyes, although dark, seemed to burn with unspoken rage.

“The Underworld is swamped with heathens and wrong doers! How am I to control them? How am I to stop them from communicating with the living?!” Alexis raged, walking towards Kasius and stopping right in front of him, glaring at the same way he had been glared at earlier.

“This is none of our, or Gabriel’s, business.” Kasius replied, too calmly. The darker angel smiled, evilly. He was not like the others.

“I will make it your business. It’s Gabriel’s fault I was assigned to rule the Underworld-” He had not planned his speech to be so short, but Kasius intervened, cutting him off.

“It is your fault!” The angel’s voice bellowed. “When we were fighting to protect the Elysian Fields, you sided with the enemy! No one but you is to blame for your burden.” The Elysian Fields was the afterlife for heroes and good doers. It was their reward for living a good life and being truly sorry for any wrongs they may have committed, because it is near impossible to live a life and commit no wrongs at all. Only pure souls were accepted. Green fields with flowers for as far as the eye could see, streams and rivers flowed through the lands, providing water for the timid animals that rested among the shrubbery, trees and flowers. Birds stood in the tops of trees that were scattered along the plains, singing harmonic melodies and watching the peaceful souls enjoy the solitude.

Alexis took a step back and raised his hands, before placing them back at his sides.

“Brother, as I told you, I’m not here to cause trouble.” The dark angel repeated. “But I need to speak with Gabriel.”

“Gabriel no longer wishes to have any form of contract with you, you know that.” Kasius told his brother, his voice holding an element of warning, as if daring Alexis to challenge him.

“Whatever differences we may have, we need to put them aside. The mortals are out of control and they don’t even see it, Kasius. My domain is overrun because of all the deaths taking place below. You’ve seen it.” He directed his comment towards Bailey, who glanced back at the Torrent. “You know how awful it is. It can’t go on like this, we must do something.”

“If we choose to do anything, Gabriel will be the one deciding what it is. You have no business here, Alexis. You were banished, so go back-” Kasius’ rant was cut short by a voice.

Silence!” It bellowed, filled paradise, and for a moment, everything was still. Even the birds had stopped singing in the Elysian Fields. Kasius glanced over at the dark angel, throwing him a disgusted look. Suddenly, the clouds began to glow again, only a lot brighter than before. A loud humming noise filled the cloud-cushioned land and a wind blew in from nowhere. “I will not have bickering and fighting in my land!” The voice continued, as the clouds in front of the angels began to part. The brightest light imaginable began to seep out of the gap in between the clouds and they continued to part. Suddenly, they erupted, the force of it almost sent the angels reeling backwards, but they managed to stand their ground. A figure appeared in the gap created by the eruption, blocking some of the light, and began to walk towards them. Once it had surpassed the opening in the clouds, it closed up and the light disappeared. They could all see the figure clearly now, although they knew who it had been anyway. Only one person could make an entrance like that. He was dressed in a toga similar to the one Alexis wore, except his was white and had a strip of gold material wrapped around the middle. His eyes were a shade of blue no one had ever seen before and they seemed to bore into your own, drinking in the knowledge that was concealed within your soul. They were so deep, you could swim in them forever. He wore a band on his arm, the same as Bailey’s, and the ring on his second to last finger on his left hand showed that he was partnered with another angel, his soul mate, Faith. He strode forward, brow furrowed, cheekbones flexed, glaring at both Alexis and Kasius.

“Gabriel, I-” Gabriel held his hand up, stopping Kasius from continuing and walked towards Alexis. He stopped once he was face to face with his dark brother.

“You are not welcome here.” Gabriel spoke slowly, daring Alexis to challenge him. “Leave.” His brother shook his head.

“I’m afraid I can’t do that. We need to talk.” Alexis said, dismissing his brother’s demand to leave.

“When we need to talk I’ll contact you, but don’t expect that to happen any time soon.” Gabriel announced, turning to Bailey and Kasius. “How bad is it?” He asked, his voice softening and sounding more concerned.

“I fear it has never been so bad.” Bailey replied sadly, lowering her head. Gabriel placed a hand on her shoulder, trying to reduce the pain she was feeling. As soon as his hand made contact with her skin, Bailey felt a wave of warmth flood her body and embrace her soul. It soothed her, easing her pain and lifting the weight she carried on her shoulders. Gabriel lifted his hand and moved past Bailey, towards the Torrent. He stood in front of it, looking down at the blood-red water and shaking his head. Although he couldn’t see, he knew Alexis was walking towards him.

“M domain is overrun-” Gabriel cut him off.

“I know.” He always did. “Your domain is overrun. The deaths taking place below are mounting up. Evil has raised its head once more.” He glanced over at Alexis. “Except this time it has not taken the form of my brother.” Gabriel’s brother stepped backwards, his seemingly cold heart affected by the harsh words. Alexis clenched his jaw, trying desperately to push the rage he was feeling downwards, where it couldn’t do any harm. It wouldn’t help anyone if he let it loose and would probably make the situation a lot worse. No, if he hoped to get anywhere with his brothers, if he wanted to sort this out, he would have to get a hold on his short temper.

“They are tearing the world that was created for them apart, Gabriel.” The warrior told the archangel. “If this continues, there will be nothing left and chaos will rein freely.”

“The Underworld will be flooded and I will no longer be able to keep control. The Elysian Fields will be in great danger if that were to happen.” Alexis informed Gabriel. The archangel scoffed.

“And since when have you cared about what happens to the Elysian Fields? I remember a time when paradise was fighting to keep its existence. Tell me, what did you do to help, Alexis?” Gabriel asked, turned to face his brother. He had one eyebrow raised, questioningly, and his eyes held a tint of sorrow that was mixed with a heavy dose of anger. Sorrow for what his brother had done, for what his brother had become, for his brother’s actions and sorrow for everything he had lost. He had lost a brother and the bond they had once shared, but what Alexis had done was unforgivable. Gabriel knew that. He shook his head and turned back to the Torrent, dismissing his earlier question before Alexis had the chance to answer it.

The water was still red, darker than before, and still filled with images of death, violence and suffering. The three of them watched Gabriel as he looked down into the Torrent. His hands clenched at his sides, before he raised them and stretched them out in front of himself, positioning them so that they hovered over the Torrent.

“What is he doing?” Alexis asked, half expecting the others not to answer him, but they did. Kasius spoke, but did not turn to look at him.

“What others can’t.” He answered, watching as the space around Gabriel began to glow slightly. “What others won’t.” The archangel’s body began to lift off the clouds below his feet and the light around him became brighter. It was speckled with smaller balls of light, blue and yellow, and they hung in the air around the dazzling white glow that surrounded Gabriel. Alexis, Kasius and Bailey could feel the clouds beneath them begin to shake and vibrate, but they did not seem panicked or confused by it. They simply stood and watched as Gabriel’s body rose further off the floor and the light became brighter, almost to the extent of blinding them so much they would have to shield their eyes. His body almost disappeared into the light as his body began to shake in sync with the clouds around him and his head snapped upwards. Gabriel’s mouth opened and he let out an almighty roar of pain, just as the light seemed to erupt and then vanish. His body fell back to the cushioned floor and he thrust his hands out in front of him, trying to make it so he had a safe landing. Gabriel stayed in that position for a moment, panting and trying to catch his breath. Beads of sweat pooled on his forehead and his body trembled slightly. Finally, he brought one knee up and pressed his foot down, pushing his body into a standing position. Bailey rushed forward and grabbed Gabriel by the arm, helping him up.

“I’m okay.” He told her gently, giving her smaller hand a gentle squeeze before letting go and turning to the others. Gabriel looked pale, drained and tired. The event that had just taken place was one that had those side effects, not to mention the pain he had gone through moments before he fell. He had tried to ease the pain and suffering that was going on in the world below his domain and Gabriel would know that his efforts had been rewarded, because the colour of the Torrent would go back to how it was before it turned red. But this time, it hadn’t. Something was wrong.

“It’s still the same.” Bailey said, giving life to everyone’s thoughts. Kasius shook his head and walked forward, stopping when he reached Gabriel’s side.

“Why hasn’t it changed back?” The warrior asked, just as the archangel let out a sigh. Gabriel lowered his head and turned away from the Torrent. Kasius frowned, glancing back and forth between the Torrent and Gabriel’s back. Suddenly, he reached out and grabbed his brother by the arm. “Gabriel, why hasn’t it changed back?” Kasius asked again, a little more forcefully. He felt Gabriel’s arm tense at his touch, but didn’t let go, and he looked up at Gabriel when his brother faced him. The blue eyes before him were different, darker than they usually were, and something that had always been there was missing, but Kasius couldn’t figure out what it was.

“It hasn’t changed back.... because there is nothing I can do. Nothing any of us can do anymore.” He told them all, sadly. Bailey started to say something, but trailed off and shook her head.

“How can there be nothing? We have always been able to do something, no matter how small, we’ve always been able to help.” Alexis spoke for the first time in a while, the concern in his voice showing no matter how much he wanted it not to.

“There is nothing left.... nothing more we can do. It’s over.” Gabriel breathed, as Kasius’ grip on his arm faltered and he was able to walk away. After a few paces, he stopped and turned back to the angels. “The suffering, the sorrow.... all the violence and death.... it’s all become too much. It’s taken over. The mortals have abandoned all sense of right and wrong, they are letting the evil take over.... wars break out every minute, death and destruction every second. The hating of others, the passing judgement on others, so much suffering and all because people can not put differences aside. Their world, the one that was created for them out of love, is no longer how it used to be. Hate and suffering rules that world now, it controls it, we are no longer needed.... or of any use.” Gabriel finished and turned away. Kasius watched him go and as he did this, he realized what had been missing when he had looked into his brother’s eyes. Hope.

------------------------------------------------------------

Questions? Comments? Thanks for reading!:D

~ Jen:pride

Helen - Oh please Nikki, be serious!

Nikki - I want to make love you to all night long... is that serious enough?

** Helen and Nikki in "Bad Girls" **

Post subject: Re: Angels Are Watching
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:14 pm 
Love this story! So glad you finally posted it.... :wink

You really should post some more of your origonal stories here. :pray I won't pester you too much... but you really really should.... I want more.

Leah :bigkiss

Post subject: Re: Angels Are Watching
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:23 am 
Angels+story=YAY:bounce

Love this story, thankx for posting it! :)

Please post more stories soon...

Jess xxx

'You're my angel of salvation, and hope, and strength...your my multi-angel'-Jay (My baby)

.:~*My anime site*~:.

Edited by: angel of salvation at: 10/25/04 7:27 am