The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Shadowed Edge 6a/?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:28 pm 
The scene with Brian and Bryce was very funny :lol

Orlando seems to be pretty nice in this part but I'm still worried about what'll happen to Scarlette at the rave

Looking forward to :read more

Postel's Prescription: Be generous in what you accept, rigorous in what you emit.

Post subject: Shadowed Edge 6b/?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:45 pm 
Hello Kittens! Thank you Marina, Sammi, Aaron and Justin for leaving wonderful feedback. And a special thank you to my loyal reader and beta, Scarlette. :bigkiss Here's the next update...Enjoy! :D

Title: Shadowed Edge

Author: Taras Shadow - hollynight03@yahoo.ca

Disclaimer: Contains much of the reality issues young adults face. Pressure, relationships, enemies...and yes, strict parents. Deals with mild substance abuse, violence (not so much) strong course language.

Rating: Strong R.

Characters: All belong to me and me alone.

Summary: Takes Place at an All Girls Catholic School where trouble brews between three circle of friends. This story deals with real life matters drug/alcohol abuse and it does share some nature of the same sex relationship briefly; also deals with pregnancy. Thoughts are in < >

PART SIX – B

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Is Tyson going to be there tonight?" Aly asked, walking hand in hand with her best friend.

"I don't think so." Emelia grinned. "He may have better things to do."

"You know Emelia, I don't understand why the hell you take his shit. You've always had suspicions about him sleeping with some other chick." Aly sighed, swinging their hands.

"I'm not one to talk, we're not ones to talk." Em whispered, looking ahead at the warehouse.

"Yea but you know where I've been." Aly stressed, swinging their hands. "And I know where you've been."

"Maybe so, but Aly, it doesn't change the fact that you or I know where Tyson or Big L have been." Em shot Aly a side glance which made Aly's skin tingle. "Besides, I'm not in love with the guy, he can fuck who he wants." She shrugged.

Aly paused for a moment, feeling a bit awkward. "Em?"

"Yea?"

"What about me? I mean, what do I mean to you?" Aly asked a bit tentatively.

Not knowing exactly when the conversation turned serious, Em stopped and pulled Aly close to her. "Aly, you are my life line. My only hope as of now and I do love you, very much. You're my best friend. No one and I mean no one has ever been there for me. I need you."

Aly's glossy green eyes stared back at Emelia's hazel ones. The two best friends were always perceived as two people who only screw for fun. But behind closed doors, no one saw the tenderness, the love that passed through these two. They truly did share so many heartfelt moments.

"You know I love you, right?" Aly whispered.

"I know." Emelia whispered back, cupping Aly's face, brushing her lips against the other girl’s. "I do too."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Anna and Sam sat in the booth, waiting as the time slowly went by. "So, you never met Brian?"

"No, not once. He's been in Scotland for years." Anna shrugged.

"What's the scoop?" Sam asked curiously, sipping on her coke. She looked up at Anna's confused look. "On Brian…why is he in Scotland?"

"Well…when Bryce and Brian were younger, their parents faced major differences. Life just wasn't working out. Ms. Sandso's family was here, so she decided to move back to Starus. Neither parents wanted to put their boys through a custody battle or however it works up there, so Bryce came back with his mom, and Brian stayed with his father." Anna finished, with a slight frown. "I don't think Bryce has seen his father since, and the last time Brian was down, it was about four years ago."

Sam smiled weakly. "I couldn't imagine my parents going through that."

"Well, you're the only child." Anna snickered.

"So?" Samantha frowned slightly. "I don't want them getting divorced."

"They won't." Anna sighed, looking at her best friend. "They are too much in love."

“When is your brother coming back from Germany?" Sam asked.

"Not sure, why?" Anna looked suspiciously at Sam.

"Just wondering." Sam shrugged, a tiny smirk pulled at her lips.

Bryce walked into the diner, with his brother close behind. He noticed Anna and smiled, quickly making a bee-line to the booth. "Hey." He hugged her from behind and nuzzled the back of her neck, eliciting a giggle from the red head.

"Hey, it's about time." Anna smiled, tilting her head back and kissing Bryce lightly.

"Doesn't that make you want to gag?" Sam pointed out to the new comer. "I'm Sam, Samantha Linden."

Brian smiled and took the hand that was offered to him. "I'm Brian, Brian Drake."

Sam sat back and pushed over. "Have a seat."

"Thanks." Brian slid in next to her.

Bryce and Anna settled in their seat and for the first time, Anna took in Bryce's brother's appearance.

"Oh Brian, this is my girlfriend, Anna Ashby, Anna, Brian…my brother." Bryce introduced the two. "Didn't I tell you she was gorgeous?"

Anna blushed a bit and smiled at the sandy blonde, who sat next to her best friend.

Brian's eyes connected with Anna's for a second, both giving a small smirk before turning their gazes away. "So, how are you ladies?" Brian asked, trying to start some small conversation.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The music blared, speakers sounded like they were being blown the bass pounded so hard. Glow sticks and paint covered the walls and people. A large disco ball hung in the middle of the warehouse, above the DJ's.

Orlando and Scarlette entered the place, Scarlette winced a bit at the environment. This was obviously new to her, but she wanted to check things our for herself. See exactly how Emelia, Aly and Orlando spent their…school night?

Orlando smiled when he saw the people have fun, he looked around for any sign of Emelia and Aly. "Do you see the girls?" He yelled loud enough for Scarlette to hear him.

Scarlette scanned the large crowd and stood a bit on her tip toes. "Like you can search for them in a crowd like this?" She replied, a bit sarcastically.

Orlando grinned and took Scarlette's hand into his own. "Well, that's okay, we don't have to look for them. More time for us."

Making their way through crowds of people, Scarlette's grip on Orlando's hand became more relaxed. This was all very new to her. Even the boyfriend thing. Or was Orlando her boyfriend?

Orlando found an empty spot in a far corner, up on the balcony. He lead her up the steps and laid out a blanket for his date to sit on. "Didn't want you to sit on something rusty, and ruin your clothes."

Scarlette smiled thankfully. "Thanks."

"No problem. So, are you from around here?"

"Not really. I'm from Starus. Though, Shadowed Edge is a beautiful place, it's my home right now." Scarlette smiled softly.

"Starus isn't a bad place. I flew into there from England." Orlando smiled. "I miss home, but not so much where I'm ready to jump on the next flight back."

Scarlette looked at him, studying his features. "Exchange student?" She asked.

Orlando smirked. "Yes, for a whole year, thank God."

"Why thank God? I thought you were missing home?" Scarlette frowned slightly.

This caused Orlando to chuckle. "Well yes, I do miss home, but like I said, not so much where I want to jump on the next flight and leave, and besides, I believe we just started something, Scarlette."

Scarlette swallowed and tried to keep herself from blushing. The way he dropped his tone while saying her name, especially with the accent. Her eyes glanced amongst the people below them dancing, when she spotted two figures dancing against each other. "I think I just found Em and Aly." She giggled a bit.

"Do you know the deal between the two?" Orlando asked, following her gaze.

"Nope."

"Not many people do." Orlando chuckled again. "The two are clearly in high likes of each other and they really don't care who knows it. But they also shy away from it partially because of the situation."

"Situation?" Scarlette questioned.

"Yes, between Emelia and Tyson. Aly doesn't like the way Tyson treats her best friend. And she can't bring herself to just step in between and make Tyson go away." Orlando waved at the two as they spotted them. "See, Aly only pretends to like Tyson, for Emelia's benefit."

"It's all so complicated." Scarlette frowned as Orlando helped her up.

"Welcome to the outside world from the Boarding School." Orlando smirked. "And yes, welcome to this side of the tracks."

"There you two are!" Aly said out of breath from dancing.

"Yea, we were looking all over for you two!" Em smiled, her arm around Aly's waist protectively.

"Is that what you two were doing? I swear we saw you bumping and grinding." Scarlette smirked.

"Oh, feisty!" Aly shrieked, all proud.

Scarlette smiled inwardly, this crowd wasn't too bad. Now all she had to do was see Tyson in person.

Orlando pressed his lips to Scarlette's ear. "Wanna dance?"

"D-Dance?" Scarlette's eyes went wide.

"Yes, you know, moving your body in time with the music? The best way of body art." Emelia grinned. "Come on Scarlette, I can see right through you, you're an artsy gal. It's in your blood."

Scarlette took a deep breath and looked up at her date.

"Just one?" Orlando made a puppy dog face.

Melting inside, Scarlette gave in. "One." She agreed.

Aly and Emelia watched the couple make their way down the steps and into the crowd. "Orli looks so happy with her."

I know." Aly agreed. "Come, let's go and dance some more." She smiled cheekily at her best friend.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"I need to sit down." Scarlette laughed as Orlando spun her around one last time, out on the dance floor.

"I've got to say, that was one long dance. Especially since you only agreed to one. Who knew six dances equalled one?" Orlando grinned and led his date off the dance floor.

"Well…if you weren't such a seductive dancer." Scarlette smiled, her tongue peeking out playfully between her teeth.

Orlando blushed slightly. It was probably one of the first times that Scarlette turned the tables around and made some great remark. And that smile. "Did you want a drink?" He spoke loudly. Suddenly feeling that he needed something…cold.

"I don't drink." Scarlette shrugged.

"How can you not drink? Everyone has to drink. Whether it be water, or a soda…"

"Smart ass." Scarlette threw him a sexy glance. "I'll have a coke."

"Two cokes coming right up." Orlando excused himself and went towards the stand where they sold any beverage.

"So?" Emelia snuck up behind the short haired girl. "How's it going?"

Scarlette turned around and smiled at her new…friend? "Great. I'm having fun."

"See? Who said you needed drugs and alcohol to have fun?" Emelia smirked before she burst into laughter. "Okay, don't answer that."

"I was going to say…" Scarlette agreed. "You do things like this all the time and I bet not once you've came out sober or…not high."

Emelia shrugged and sat down on an old crate. "You're right…though, I never really gave the whole sober thing a chance." She admitted.

"You should."

"I guess." The light brunette looked around the huge crowd. "Sometimes it's just so hard."

"Shouldn't be if you don't want it to be." Scarlette reasoned. She sensed that Emelia was getting a bit uncomfortable so she changed the subject. "Where's your girlfriend?" She sat down, and smiled playfully.

"Washroom. Usually I go with her, but I seen you alone, and it's my duty to make sure nothing happens to amateurs like you." Emelia waggled her eyebrows.

"I am capable of taking care, and looking out for myself." Scarlette frowned then smiled again. "But thanks…and is Aly really your girlfriend?"

Not knowing what to say, Emelia just looked at the cement floor. "I don't even know."

Scarlette didn't know her limits with Emelia. She didn't know which subjects to jump or which questions to ease in or not ease in. "Just…let me know if I'm asking any personal, too personal questions. I promise I won't be offended."

"No, I promise I won't be offended." Emelia smiled lightly. "Ask away."

"How is…Tyson?"

Emelia locked eyes with the other girl. "Good, I guess." She answered uncertainly. "Orli been talking about us?"

"No. Not really, I mean, generally Tyson's name was brought up because he is your boyfriend." Scarlette answered. She searched the crowd and noticed Orlando approach them. "Hey."

"Hey…one coke for the lovely miss." Orlando smiled.

"Aww, Orli, you shouldn't have." Emelia smiled and batted her eyelashes.

"In your dreams, Michael's." Orlando raised an eyebrow.

"Ha! You're not even my type!" Emelia stood up and straightened out her shirt. "Okay, I should leave you two alone. I am going to go…and…oh! This is my favourite song!" Emelia bounced from her place and took off to find her best friend.

"I like her." Scarlette smiled, watching the other girl disappear into the crowd. Orlando just nodded in agreement.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"What time is it?" Emelia pulled back from Aly, breathlessly.

"Uh…almost midnight." Aly smiled and caressed Emelia's exposed collarbone. "Why?"

She whispered. "Somewhere else you need to be?"

Emelia licked her lips and tried to get her brain functioning again. "Um…shit!" She jumped up from Aly's lap and straightened herself out, pulling on her shirt quickly; which seemed like the fourth time that night, and looked at her best friend. "Scarlette!" She dashed down from the balcony and pried her way through sweaty bodies, grinding against each other. "Yo! Kyle!" She finally approached them, talking.

"I can't believe-" Orlando was cut off by Emelia's outburst. "What is it?"

Scarlette frowned and looked at Emelia. "Everything okay?" She asked.

"No…yea, well no. Damnit Scarlette, it's way past your curfew!" Emelia blew a few strands of hair from her face, catching her breath.

"What?!" Scarlette freaked. "What do you mean? You promised!"

"I know…I know. But…" Emelia felt bad for her. "I'm very sorry."

Scarlette dismissed it and smiled. "No, it's okay." She assured them.

"I can drive you home now." Orlando put down their cups and grabbed her hand.

"Are you sure it's okay?" Emelia asked.

"Yes. Tonight was so great. It actually beats being cooped up in my room and doing art. Oh, but don't get me wrong, I love doing art…" Scarlette grinned and stopped. "I should go though."

"Aly and I can sneak you in." Emelia offered, rather professionally.

"No." Orlando objected nicely. "I'll take her home. She's my date and I'll be responsible."

"Okay. Well…thank you for joining us." Emelia nodded towards Scarlette. "We should do this again."

Scarlette laughed. "Although this was nice and everything, but maybe a change of environment...Or at least on the weekends, so curfews can be avoided."

"Deal." Emelia saluted. "Now, you two go, I'm going to go back to my…" She paused and looked down. "Okay, why didn't you tell me my shirt was inside out?" She frowned when she realized she threw on her shirt quickly when she learned the time and Scarlette's curfew.

Scarlette and Orlando stifled their chuckled as Emelia stripped from her shirt, yet again and put it on properly.

"Either you had too much to drink already…or you were in a hurry." Orlando pointed out. "Which…if it's going to come off again…why bother straightening it out."

Emelia thought about and shrugged. She waved a quick bye and ran towards her previous destination.

"Okay, I do like her." Scarlette pointed out again. She liked the fact the Emelia wasn't afraid to say and show things that would normally embarrass others. Her bold side and she even witnessed a softer side. Emelia could've gave two shits worth about her curfew, and let her get into even more trouble, but she didn't, she stopped whatever she was doing with Aly and let her know the time. Scarlette smiled and looked up at Orlando. "Take me," She paused teasingly before smiling, "home."

"Wow." Orlando was impressed. "I do believe you snuck in a few spikes of your own." He smiled inwardly.

"I…did?" Scarlette smirked. "Okay, I did…but they guy swore it was nothing heavy."

"Well that's good. But I should really get you home." Orlando held Scarlette's hand gently.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Scarlette Kyle." Sister MaGrey shook her head lightly. "I am very disappointed in you."

"I'm sorry, Sister. This will never happen again." Scarlette looked shameful at the older woman.

"You do know…a rule you have broken." The Sister spoke softly.

"I do."

Orlando rubbed his chin and stepped forward. "Sorry Sister, it was my fault."

"And who are you?" Sister MaGrey eyed up the young man.

"Excuse my rudeness." Orlando smiled apologetically. "Orlando Mayne. I asked Scarlette here, to go out with me for the evening. We had every intention of getting her here before the curfew hour, but you know how it is, teens lose track of time and I'm so very sorry."

Scarlette watched Orlando tell the truth, leaving out any details that would destroy her reputation. "No…Orlando…"

"Yes, Scarlette. I should've been watching the time. I am responsible."

Sister looked at both of them and decided it was late and she would dismiss this issue. "Alright, apology accepted. Now, Orlando, if you excuse us, Scarlette has school in the morning."

"Yes, ma'am." Orlando stepped back and smiled at his date.

Scarlette mouthed a thank you and was ushered quickly to the dormitory.

Orlando sighed and scratched the back of his neck. He smiled to himself and shook his head. What exactly was he feeling for the one girl he just met earlier that day? Whatever it was…he loved it.

~*~*~*~*~

~Holly~ :heart

"I was born 'normal'...life made me strange." - Marina

"I am a tongue whore...you gave me tongue, what am I supposed to do...sit back and keep my mouth shut?" -Me-

"I know who you really are...you're the one who cries when you're alone." - Where Will You Go? - Evanescence

Post subject: Re: Shadowed Edge 6b/?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:48 pm 
Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man....that was cool update!!!!!

See....Scarlette likes Em;)

Em's and Aly's convo.....awww....that was cute!!!!!

hehe..somewhere in the middle of the update I was like "hm.. I like Scarlette" lmao:) ))))

damn....it's intresting.....waiting for more :flirt :flirt :flirt

I still love Em and Aly;)

Love you,

:peace :heart

M.

---------------------

"..I feel you, I taste you, I cannot forget, everytime it rains I get wet..." (c) Ace of Base

"I want to go back to...Believing in everything and knowing nothing at all.."(c) Evanescence

"I'm sorry..."- Me " You are NOT sorry" -Holly

Post subject: Re: Shadowed Edge 6
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:27 pm 
I was only on last night for a bit so I missed adding a reply for part 6a so I'll just reply to the whole chapter 6. What can I see really except that your are an absolutely amazing writer. I have completely fallen in love with this Orlando and Scar relationship. :heart And the softer side of Em is sweet. Everyone thinks she's just this one sided bad girl but there's so much more to her than that.

This is an amazing story and I will shout it from the rooftops. I will be your Shadowed Edge Whore. lol. :D

~Scarlette~ :flower

Post subject: Re: Shadowed Edge 6
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:13 am 
Aww..I'm really loving this. Scarlette's and Orlando's relationship, it's so sweet. and Aly's and Em's so lovely too :heart . I can't wait to read more. Love sammi xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

Post subject: Re: Shadowed Edge 6a/?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:10 pm 
That was a great part.

Well it seems that all your characters are a lot more complicated that they first seemed. Not only Aly and Em, who are a lot nicer and saner in their interaction with each other and when they were taking care of Scarlette, but also Scarlette herself. When she first appeared in the story she seemed to be a bit of a wallflower but she was definitely showing a more assertive side and that she can take care of herself.

So Yay for three dimensional characters.

The only cloud on the horizon is the fact thats Scarlettes friendship with Em and Aly might ruin her burgeoning friendship with Sam and Anna.

Looking forward to reading more.

Postel's Prescription: Be generous in what you accept, rigorous in what you emit.

Post subject: Shadowed Edge 7/?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:22 pm 
Sweet and Simple: Thank You Kittens! :bigkiss

Disclaimer: Contains much of the reality issues young adults face. Pressure, relationships, enemies...and yes, strict parents. Deals with mild substance abuse, violence (not so much) strong course language.

Summary: Takes Place at an All Girls Catholic School where trouble brews between three circle of friends. This story deals with real life matters drug/alcohol abuse and it does share some nature of the same sex relationship briefly; also deals with pregnancy. Thoughts are in < >

Part Seven

~*~*~*~

“Damn.” Emelia sat up, her head pounding and her stomach churning. She looked over and saw Aly spread out beside her on the bed. Wincing slightly, she got up and held her head. “What the hell?” She mumbled. “I didn’t even drink that much.”

Walking into the washroom, she looked at herself in the mirror. Her cheeks carried a bit of colour and her eyes were slightly hollow. Shaking her head briefly she filled the sink up with warm water.

“Hey.” Aly whispered, coming up behind her. “Are you feeling okay?” She asked.

Emelia frowned. “Not sure.”

“Em…are you going to be okay?” Aly turned her best friend around.

“Yeah, I uh…need to lay back down.” Emelia pushed past Aly and collapsed on the bed.

Aly studied the other girl. She looked a little paler than usual. Biting her lip, she turned back into the washroom and grabbed a wash cloth, dampening it into the water she walked back over to Emelia. Sitting down, she dabbed the brunette’s forehead gently.

“I don’t feel so good.” Emelia groaned. Everything seemed to be spinning so fast.

“Stomach?” Aly asked softly. She caressed the side of Em’s cheek lightly.

Emelia nodded and felt a sudden wave of nausea and bolted from the small room and into the tiny bathroom. Getting sick was the last thing she wanted. Her head felt like it was about to explode. She could feel her body quake with sickness.

Aly came running in and held back her hair. “You didn’t even have that much to drink.” She said, a little confused.

Wiping her mouth, Emelia allowed Aly to help her stand up. She got a glass of water and drank it slowly. “What the fuck was that?” She asked.

Aly shrugged. “I don’t know, but you popped a few blood vessels and you don’t look to healthy."

“Gee, thanks.” Emelia laid back down and curled up to her pillow, she closed her eyes.

“I’m going to find some shit to stop your head from pounding.” Aly whispered. “I’ll be back.”

“Just Tylenol Aly.” Emelia said as she let herself drift off.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Scarlette shuffled her way down the large corridor. Her books hugging her chest as she looked around at all the other students scatter to get out for lunch or in line for the cafeteria.

“Scarlette!” Anna’s voice came from Scarlette’s right.

The dark brunette looked down the long corridor to her right and gave a small wave as she walked over to her friend. “Hey.”

“You want to join Sam and I for lunch out in the courtyard?” Anna asked.

“Sure.” Scarlette smiled and followed the redhead out the front doors. “So what did you do last night?”

Anna smiled and gave Scarlette a side glance. “Nothing out of the usual. I went out to supper with Bryce and Sam. Bryce also brought his brother, Brian, from Scotland. Do you find accents sexy? Or is that just me?”

Scarlette raised an eyebrow and grinned inwardly. “Well, I think accents are sexy. They are quite different from our accents. But we have accents too, so does that make us sexy as well?”

Anna grinned and nodded, laughing a bit. “You would think so.”

The two found an empty picnic table and sat down. “Hey girlies.” Sam came up to them and plopped herself down. “What are we talking about now?”

“Accents. Sexy or not so sexy…” Anna smiled.

“Oh, definitely sexy!” Sam slapped the picnic table. “And Bryce’s brother…oh yes, definitely sexy.”

Anna gave Sam a weird look. “I guess.”

This time Scarlette gave Anna a weird look. “But I thought you said you-“

“I know what I said.” Anna cut off Scarlette abruptly. “I just meant that Brian seems to be an okay guy.”

“Okay? Okay?! Hello! Did you see the sex God?” Sam looked at her best friend exasperated.

“Sex God?” Scarlette raised both her eyebrows and looked back and forth between the two friends. “You just met him last night and you already had sex with him?”

Sam laughed. “No, but you so have to meet these brothers. Then you’ll see what I’m saying.”

Anna shrugged. “He’s cute, very handsome looking, if you like that sort of thing.”

Wanting to change the subject, Anna focused a subject on Scarlette. “Speaking of accents, how did last night go?”

Caught off guard, Scarlette made a few attempts to speak before clearing her throat. “It was great. Orlando took me to a movie and then we went over to the old warehouse off of

Old Minor’s road.”

“Oh right, I forgot about that.” Sam smirked, then her voice dropped. “Did those whores show up?”

“No.” Scarlette shrugged.

“Em and Aly never went to the rave?” Anna asked, almost in disbelief.

“Oh, yes, they did.” Scarlette smiled softly.

“But you just said no.” Sam frowned.

“You asked me if those two whores went…I never saw two whores.” Scarlette looked right at Sam, almost as if she were challenging her to something. “Look, you two may have something against Emelia and Aly, but once you get to know them, I’m sure you’ll change your minds.”

“It’s never going to happen.” Anna simply said, opening up her juice box. “Em can’t respect me, so she better not expect me to respect her.”

“Exactly. And Jesus, why is she even with that loser anyway.” Sam frowned in disgust.

“I’ve never met Tyson, so I wouldn’t know.” Scarlette looked around the courtyard.

“I wasn’t talking about Ty, granted he’s a big loser, which by the way, he didn’t go last night?” Sam asked.

“What is with the questions about the two ‘whores’ you dislike so much?” Scarlette shook her head. “I’m not going to go around and talk about their lives with people who’ll just use it for their own advantages.”

“Scarlette. We would never do such a thing.” Sam smirked. “Right, Anna?” She winked at her best friend.

“And why would I want to do that?” Anna smiled.

“Because…it could be fun.” Samantha looked over at Anna.

Scarlette looked at her watch. She really didn’t want to be sitting here and listen to these people talk about other people like that. “Hey, I think I’m going to go back to my room and work on that fall scene.” She excused herself.

“Oh, okay.” Anna looked at the brunette quizzically. “Want us to walk you there?”

“Um, no…I think I’m quite capable of walking and finding my own way around.” Scarlette smiled lightly and grabbed her bag before taking off across the yard.

“What was that about?” Sam asked.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Scarlette just sat down at her desk when a knock came out the door. “Hey, Jaime.”

“Hi.” The blonde smiled cheerfully. “I just came by to check on the outlines for the Fall Dance.”

“Not exactly finished yet, but I’ll show what I have done.” Scarlette opened her door to allow Jaime inside. She pulled out a folder and laid it out on her bed. “I was thinking that we could have huge different coloured leaves hanging from the entrance. Red, orange, yellow and some copper tones.”

“I love it.” Jaime bounced. “Scarlette, this is so great!”

Scarlette smiled. “Thank you. I’ll try and get some more done after school, but Jai, you’re going to have to find some other people to help with the loose leaves.”

“Oh, that’s cool, I have some people who wouldn’t mind helping.” Jaime got up and made her way to the door. “Thanks again, Scarlette. You should do all the dances.”

“Well I wouldn’t say that just yet, let us see how this turns out.” Scarlette smiled and put the folder back in its slot.

“Well, I’ll see you around.” The blonde left the room and Scarlette went back to her desk.

“One of these days, I am gonna end up getting a roommate and I’ll have no privacy or luxurious space for all my crafts and art supplies.” Scarlette emptied her top drawer full of paintbrushes and small stencils, making the rest of her lunch hour useful.

~*~*~*~*~

Emelia opened her eyes and flinched when the brightness of the room shined in her eyes. Groaning, she rolled ever and buried her face in the pillows. “Aly?” She mumbled, her voice muffled slightly.

“Right here.” Aly put down her magazine and sat beside her best friend on the bed. “Are you feeling better?”

“Yes, a little hungry.” Emelia turned around and sat up, the sheet falling from her body. “Did you undress me?”

Aly giggled and shook her head. “No, you did that about an hour ago. I thought you were having a wrestling match with the covers. You were hot.”

“I thought I was hot.” Em flashed a cheeky grin.

“Oh, that you are.” Aly traced her fingers along Em’s bare shoulder. “Wanna go out to eat?” She asked.

“Sounds good.” Emelia leaned forward and looked at Aly teasingly. “After all, don’t all lesbians eat out?”

“Emelia!” Aly burst into laughter. “We aren’t lesbians.” She settled down, a grin still plastered across her face.

“Well yes, but the joke was appropriate.” The brunette stood up and stretch. “I’m going to go and have a shower.” She stepped into the bathroom and half expected Aly to follow her.

Aly watched her best friend disappear. After watching the empty space for a few minutes and hearing the shower start, she got up and went towards the kitchen to grab some money from their money stash.

“Knock, knock.” Tyson came through the door and smiled at Aly. “Hey.”

“Hey.” Aly smiled weakly and continued to grab her money from the basket on top of the fridge. “Emelia will be out in a minute, she’s having a shower.”

“Think she’ll want the company?” Tyson sat down at the small table.

“Do you see me with her?” Aly smirked as some flash of jealousy crossed the scruffy guy’s face. “She wasn’t feeling well this morning, just leave her be.”

Tyson looked at the petite girl in front of him. He couldn’t figure out why Emelia wanted her. Of course he never even tried Aly, so maybe there was a reason those two slept together so much. “Hey Aly…how about, one of these nights, I take you out for a bit. Just me and you.”

Aly turned around and raised an eyebrow. “Me and you?” She questioned.

“Why not? You’re shareable.” The young man shrugged.

“You think I would sleep with you?”

“If you play your cards right, maybe I’d let you get that far.” He laughed.

“You’re an ass Ty.” Aly shook her head and went to her room.

~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC...

"I am a tongue whore...you gave me tongue, what am I supposed to do...sit back and keep my mouth shut?" -Me-

"I know who you really are...you're the one who cries when you're alone." - Where Will You Go? - Evanescence

Post subject: Re: Shadowed Edge 7/?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:19 am 
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Tyson gives me the creeps. I get this weird 'danger' vibe from him. :paranoid Em is way to good for a jerk like that. Interesting turn of events with Em's sickness, she must of had a few too many at that rave. Aly and Em are so sweet together :love

keep those fantastic updates coming.

~scarlette~ :flower

aka Shadowed Edge Whore :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:43 am 
Holly..again, this was soo good. I can't get enough of it, I love it :love Love sammi xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:13 am 
Dude!

Wow.....so Em is pregnant...Wanna see how things will go:) . Oh dude......Scarlete ROCKS!!!!!! Damn I like that girl!!!! Anna and Sam should learn from her:) Really liked that convo between the three of them and how Scarlette handled it. Coolness!!!!!

And I still love Em and Aly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So cute...:) Beautiful:) Keep it up dude!!!

Love you,

M.

---------------------

"..I feel you, I taste you, I cannot forget, everytime it rains I get wet..." (c) Ace of Base

"I want to go back to...Believing in everything and knowing nothing at all.."(c) Evanescence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:40 am 
I started reading this and thought, wow, what an ambitious cast of characters. The vignettes you provided in the opening chapter were exceptionally well written, providing a short snip of the characters' personalities and background. At first I wondered how I'd keep them all separate (lol), but you have a great gift for 'voicing' your characters and their mannerisms in such a distinctive way; it's easy to know who is speaking without having to actively notice the character names.

I like the way you're bringing the characters together and the way you're handling some tough issues. In your story, I see snippets of situations reflective of my own experiences and the people I knew in high school. The issues haven't really changed much (except perhaps that back in the dark ages of my adolescence -- characters like Em and Aly wouldn't have been out about being queer or bi.)

At first, I wasn't sure I liked Aly and Em's character, it seemed too easy to write them off as losers (I know, how incredibly judgemental of me, thinking such things without the full story). However, I’m growing quite fond of them. They aren't one-dimensional and are no longer so easily dismissed. The bridge that you build between them and Sam and Anna through Scarlette is quite remarkable, giving us a different look into their, respective, personalities.

One of the things I thought as I read the first seven chapters is; this would make an awesome screen play. I like your writing style, you have a comfort and ease with words and actions, and your characters are very animated. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Cheers!!

Patches

You know I've heard about people like me. But I never made the connection. They walk one road to set them free, And find they've gone the wrong direction. But there's no need for turning back 'cause all roads lead to where I stand. And I believe I'll walk them all No matter what I may have planned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:26 pm 
That was a great update :applause

I'm just liking Scarlette more and more.

In particular this bit

Quote:
“Oh right, I forgot about that.” Sam smirked, then her voice dropped. “Did those whores show up?”

“No.” Scarlette shrugged.

“Em and Aly never went to the rave?” Anna asked, almost in disbelief.

“Oh, yes, they did.” Scarlette smiled softly.

“But you just said no.” Sam frowned.

“You asked me if those two whores went…I never saw two whores.” Scarlette looked right at Sam, almost as if she were challenging her to something. “Look, you two may have something against Emelia and Aly, but once you get to know them, I’m sure you’ll change your minds.”

:lol

Also this bit

Quote:
“What is with the questions about the two ‘whores’ you dislike so much?” Scarlette shook her head. “I’m not going to go around and talk about their lives with people who’ll just use it for their own advantages.”

You go girl :peace

I'm starting to like Aly and Em. They seem to be okay when they're not round Anna or Tyson.

Speaking of Tyson I really don't like him. Mainly the way he's able to hit on his girlfriend's bestfriend/girlfriend while she's in the next room. Though I was half expecting him to suggest a threesome.

So what's up with Em?

I'm looking forward to reading more

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:59 pm 
Ok interesting twist you threw there with Em being all pregnant and can I say I love Scarlett but wow Anna is such a pretentious witch. and Sam umm what to say about Sam Ohhh I know can she and Ty take long walks of a short Pier Bryce I haven't figured him out he sounds like the guy that broke up with a girl cause she was with a girl and he is jealous but hey I may change all these thoughts tomorrow but so far Aly is my fav.

Great Story I can't wait to read more

the un Holly groupie left in the cold :P

Arron:kitty

She walks in beauty, Like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies;

And all that's best of dark and bright. Meet in her aspect and her eyes.

~ by Byron ~

Post subject: Shadowed Edge 8/?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:22 pm 
Kittens...sorry for not giving individual replies this time around - just know that I appreciate everything from the bottom of my heart. :love :D So thank you. This story means a lot to me...and I hope I don't disappoint as the story continues. :flower

PART EIGHT

~*~*~*~*~*~

Scarlette sat outside on the picnic table after school was out. She was concentrating hard on that day's homework assignment when she felt a shift on the table, looking up she saw her friend. "Hey Anna."

"Hey," Anna spoke softly. "Look Scarlette, I wanted to apologize."

"For?" Scarlette frowned.

"Samantha's behaviour, and mine towards Orlando."

"Don't apologize for Sam, Anna," Scarlette smiled. "And it's okay, I can forgive you."

"Thanks," Anna relaxed and looked around the courtyard. "So what's your plan for today?" she asked.

"Studying, probably finishing up props and the back drop for the fall dance," Scarlette looked at Anna. "You?"

"Bryce and I have a date," Anna gushed. "Of course it's at Sapphire's Diner again, but it's cool."

Scarlette was about to say something when they heard the faint roar of a motorcycle. Her heart beat faster when she thought of the possibility that it could be Orlando.

Hearing the motorcycle get closer, she turned her head and watched as the driver of the metal bike turned into the courtyard, weaving slowly through people on the bike path, finally hauling to a stop.

The man stood up and unbuckled his helmet, pulling it off and revealing his well toned face. Spotting the girl he was there to see, he smiled and walked calmly over to the picnic table. "Scarlette," he grinned and bowed slightly.

"Orlando," Scarlette breathed and quickly took the risky chance to look at the shirt he was wearing, that defined his body perfectly. "What – are you doing here?"

A crowd of school girls formed around the motorbike, and another stared and whispered as Orlando talked with Scarlette.

"Well, I didn't exactly get your number," the young man spoke gently. "So I figured I'd take the risk and find you here. I thought it wouldn't be that difficult seeing as over four hundred of you wear the same outfits."

Scarlette laughed and blushed slightly, looking down at her skirt. "Did I forget something?" she asked lifting her head back up, wondering if he was really there just to see her, or if she forgot something and he was wanting to drop it off.

"My number," Orlando took Scarlette's hand and slipped a piece of paper in it.

"Oh," Scarlette blushed again and tucked the paper in her pocket. Finally realizing they weren't alone, she quickly snapped out of her blushing moment and turned to look at Anna. "Oh, you remember Anna, Anna you remember Orlando."

"Good to see you again," Orlando nodded towards the redhead. "So, are you allowed out or-"

"I have to be back before curfew, but I'm not a prisoner, I can leave the premises." The dark haired woman smiled.

"Great, so can I take you out for an after school snack?"

"I would like that." Scarlette smiled and piled her books into her backpack.

"Hey, Scar, Bryce and I are going out later to Sapphire's, did you two want to join us there in a bit?" Anna asked hopefully, she really wanted to prove that she was fine with Orlando, and she wanted Scarlette's friendship.

Scarlette looked at Orlando, who nodded. "Sure."

"Bryce is the one who helped me with my bike," Orlando grinned.

"Great. Then we'll see you later," Anna smiled and started to walk towards the dormitories.

"Later Ann," Scarlette yelled and turned to walk with Orlando towards the bike.

"So, did you have any minor hangovers?" Orlando teased.

"Nope," Scarlette beamed. "Well, I was a tad tired, but other than that, I was fine."

"Good, I was a little worried," Orlando flashed a sincere smile. "Haven't heard from Emelia or Aly, but they were pretty plastered by the time I went back."

"You went back?" Scarlette questioned.

"I was worried about them. I had to make sure they got home okay."

"You're so sweet," Scarlette placed a hand on his arm and held his gaze briefly.

Orlando wanted nothing more than to lean in and kiss the young woman in front of him, but he respected her too much. He settled for lacing his fingers in with hers and kissing the back of her hand, instead. "Shall we?"

Smiling, Scarlette dared to look at those who stared at her, and put on her helmet. "We shall."

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Fucking hell!" Emelia cursed, throwing her jacket across the room. "Where the hell is my money?"

Tyson frowned and shrugged. "Chill," he muttered.

"Chill?" Em raised an eyebrow. "Ty, I need that money to payback my parents."

"Then sell some more shit, no big."

"I don't have anything to sell!" Emelia shouted. "Where the hell is my money?"

Tyson stood up and faced his girlfriend, "Listen, I never touched your fucking money, so you better not be blaming me."

"Who else would take it? Aly doesn't need this money, she knows how much I need it." Emelia went back to her jacket and checked her pockets again. "Where are you money?" she mumbled.

Tyson shook his head and went to the fridge and took out a beer. "It's no big deal Em, your parents will get over it."

"Like you care." Emelia threw her jacket down.

"I'm not a heartless bastard you know, I do have some sense of care inside me," Tyson chuckled evilly.

"Could've fooled me," Emelia walked towards the door.

"Where you going?"

"Out." Emelia hissed and slammed the door behind her.

"Bitch." Tyson growled and threw his beer bottle against the door. Sighing, he pulled out an envelope of money, with the words "Parents" on the envelope.

~*~*~*~*~

"Em!" Aly ran up to her best friend and hugged her. "What's wrong? You look pissed."

"I am – highly," Emelia sat down on the curb of the sidewalk. "Do you know where my money is?" she asked.

"For your parents?" Aly sat down behind Em and rested her chin on the other girl's shoulder.

"Yea."

"You put it in your jacket pocket," Aly reminded.

Emelia groaned and laid her head back, closing her eyes as the sun beat down on her face. "It's not there."

"Tyson?" Aly questioned, with a hint of venom in her voice.

Nodding her head, Emelia sat up and shrugged. "He says he didn't take it, but he was being such an ass today."

"Sweetie, Ty is always an ass." Aly played with the long brown hair in front of her. "He treats you so wrong, why can't you see it?"

Emelia immediately stood up and started pacing. "I'm…I want to break things off with him," she looked at Aly with sorrowed eyes. "I just don't know how."

Aly made her way in front of her best friend, wrapped her arms loosely around her waist and smirked. "Hey, Ty, listen…I've found someone so much better than you, she's worthy and she cares and respects me, plus she's so great in the sack, she goes for hours on end, unlike you and your little boo."

Emelia burst into laughter and shook her head. "That's me breaking up with Ty?"

"Why not?" Aly shrugged and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. "Why don't we head to the diner and have a hot meal," she held out a smoke for her best friend.

"Sounds good," Emelia smiled and took the smoke that was offered to her.

"Ladies!" A tall male came up to them.

"Jay, how's it going?" Aly smiled and slapped the guy a high five while Emelia got pulled in for hug.

"Not bad, not bad," Jay sniffed. "Listen, the crew and I were wondering if we could hang at your place tonight," he looked at Aly.

"I don't know, last time you left it a complete mess," Aly dramatically sighed. "What are you gonna give me if I let you?"

Jay stuck out his tongue and waggled it in a seductive way. "Yo, you and me ride all night long baby."

Emelia smiled briefly and shook her head, and looked at Aly, who wrapped an arm around Em's waist. "I'm sorry, my riding schedule is full tonight."

"That's okay, I can handle the both of you," Jay grinned and licked his lips. "But for real, is it okay? Frankie would use her place, but her parents aren't leaving town now for another week."

"Party at my house tonight," Aly giggled and took Emelia's hand. "We're going to Sapphire's, wanna hitch?" she asked the taller guy.

"Sure, I'm just on my way to meet Frankie, we'll meet up with you," Jay waved and went the opposite direction.

"Ride?" Em quirked an eyebrow and grinned.

"Mmmhmm," Aly teased and kissed Emelia just below the ear. "I won't be the only one riding," she whispered, smirking mischievously.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"You look beautiful," Bryce smiled and brushed red hair away from his girlfriend's eyes.

"Thanks," Anna blushed. She was wearing a pair of jeans and a baby blue sweater that showed off her curves just right. Allowing her boyfriend to help her out of his truck.

"Sorry about taking you here again, I promise to take you somewhere fancier next week," Bryce kissed Anna on the cheek as they went into the diner.

"It's okay Bry, I just like being able to hang with you," Anna smiled.

"Good, me too."

"So how was football practice?" Anna changed the subject.

"Great! I made about three touchdowns," Bryce beamed a little smugly.

"That's great!" Anna grinned and looked at her menu.

"Brian's going to meet us here too, okay? I think he and Sam are coming here together."

"Sam? How'd they catch up?" Anna raised an eyebrow, looking out the window.

"Sam came over today right after school. She talked with my brother and I invited them to join us, that is okay right? I mean I figured it would be okay since you invited Scarlette and Orlando," Bryce lowered his voice just a fraction.

"It's fine," Anna smiled, trying to be sincere.

"Good, so how was school today for you?"

Just as Anna was about to answer, she heard familiar voices. "Scarlette, Orlando, hey," she smiled and moved over to the other side of the booth so she was sitting next to Bryce.

"Hey Orli," Bryce and Orlando did a handshake. "Looks like your ride is working for ya," he winked.

"Just getting me around," Orlando smiled and slid into the booth after Scarlette did.

"Where'd you guys go?" Anna asked Scarlette, waggling her eyebrows slightly.

"His place, he showed me where he lived." Scarlette smiled. "Then we went to the ice cream parlour down Evans Street."

"Best ice cream there," Orlando winked. "Are we intruding by the way?" he asked, looking at the other couple.

"Nope, not at all," Anna smiled and went back to talking with Scarlette.

"So how was football practice?" Orlando asked his friend.

"Great man. I can't wait until our game against Lillian, we are so going to crush them."

"They have an awesome Quarterback," Orlando smirked. "But I'm sure everything will be great on your end."

"Whose side are you on?" Bryce looked at the young man and laughed.

"Just saying, I'm warning you. I took a ride over there to watch their football game against Starus, they totally whipped their asses," Orlando stretched and put his arm behind Scarlette casually.

"Thanks for the warning."

"Hey! Starus is my hometown," Scarlette frowned.

"I never said they were bad," Orlando reasoned and leaned in to kiss her on the cheek. "Starus is a beautiful city."

"It is," Scarlette sighed and looked out the window. She noticed a familiar crowd start to form outside.

"Who are they?" Anna asked, following her gaze.

"Oh, people from our school," Orlando answered. "I don't see Em or Aly anywhere."

"Oh…that's Emelia's crowd?" Anna asked, raising both eyebrows.

"Yes," Bryce replied. "Can't you tell by the ragged clothes and dopey eyes?" he chuckled.

"Bryce..." Scarlette warned.

"Those are friends of mine you're talking about," Orlando looked at the young man. "Seriously."

"Sorry," Bryce muttered and turned away.

Going back to their conversation, Scarlette and Anna exchanged their days events as Bryce and Orlando discussed motorcycles and mechanical stuff.

"Did I ask for your opinion?" A voice shouted outside.

Scarlette and Anna turned their heads and saw Emelia and Sam right in each other's faces as Brian tried to drag Sam away.

"Crap," Scarlette quickly asked Orlando to move out of the way. The group just followed her as she went outside.

"Scar, can you please tell Samantha to get out of my face before I kick the shit out of her?" Emelia calmly asked, not taking her eyes of the girl in front of her.

"Scar, can you tell this crack head wanna be to step aside before I grind her face into the ground?" Sam hissed.

"Listen, you can walk around me, I'm not blocking the whole pathway," Emelia stated, moving her hand to show Sam the way.

"Can we just calm down a bit?" Scarlette asked as a crowd formed around them. "What happened exactly?"

"Well, your bitch of a friend here, blocked our walking path," Sam sneered as she looped her arm into Brian's.

"I did not!" Emelia scowled. "I had my back turned to you and you walked up right behind me and asked me to move my white trash ass."

Brian remained quiet, not really knowing what to say.

"Come on Sam, just step aside." Anna pitched in.

"You're on her side now?" Sam asked, looking her best friend up and down.

"No!" Anna gasped, taken aback. "Just saying why make things worse?"

"Whatever," Sam stepped aside and walked past Emelia.

"Was that so hard?" Aly muttered, holding Em's hand.

"What the hell is going on here?" A male voice walked up to them.

Emelia groaned inwardly and noticed her boyfriend approach them. "Nothing Ty."

"I heard yelling from down the block," he said, looking at the crowd. "What the fuck are you doing here?" he asked Bryce.

"I'm with my girlfriend, not that it's any of your business," Bryce said, holding Anna's hand.

"Oh, you scare me," Tyson went to loop his arm around Emelia's waist when he found Aly's arm wrapped around there instead. "You mind?" he asked, nudging her arm out of the way.

Emelia shot Aly an apologetic look and shrugged as her boyfriend's hand slipped under her shirt slightly, stroking the skin there.

Scarlette took note that the guy was Tyson, and she didn't like the vibe he gave off. She's met Emelia's other friends and none of them gave her the wiggins like this guy did. She shook her head and looked away, noting the hurt look on both Aly and Emelia's faces.

"Oh, Scarlette, um, this is Tyson," Emelia smiled softly. "Tyson, this is Scarlette."

"Hey," Tyson looked the girl over and slowly licked his lips. "Very nice to meet you."

Orlando stiffened but let it slide. He knew what Tyson was like so he never took offence to his leering gaze on his girlfriend. But he noticed the intimidating and uncomfortable look on Scarlette, apparently so did Aly.

"Stop drooling, she's already taken," Aly shook her head in disgust. "With someone way more decent than you," she muttered under her breath.

"Close your mouth Aly," Tyson remarked.

"Why are you here?" Emelia whispered to her boyfriend.

"I needed something to eat." Tyson shrugged and nodded towards the diner.

"Thought you didn't have any money?" Aly asked.

"I said close your mouth," Tyson threatened, moving closer to the raven haired girl.

"No need to talk to the lady like that," Orlando frowned and stepped forward, he looked around the crowd. "Really, there's nothing to see here." he said as the crowd broke up and people started to move.

"Come on," Bryce tugged Anna back towards the diner. "You coming Brian?"

"Oh, yes." Brian took Sam's hand and followed his younger brother inside.

"So Scar, party at my place tonight, you in?" Aly asked.

"I better not," Scarlette smiled softly. "But thanks anyway."

"No problem," Aly smiled back and turned towards her best friend. "You wanna drop by your parents place?"

"Not without that money," Emelia said.

"Fine, here!" Tyson whipped out the envelope and threw it at Emelia, taking off down the street. "I don't even know why I put up with you," he yelled. "You're nothing but a slut."

Emelia shook her head and picked up the envelope, counting the money. "It's all here," she said, tucking it into her jeans pocket.

"Well let's get something to eat first, then we'll go, okay?" Aly brushed hair out of Emelia's eyes. "Kay?" she whispered.

Nodding her head silently, Emelia looked at Scarlette for a second before walking past her.

"Does he always treat her like that?" Scarlette asked Orlando.

"Whenever he gets the chance," Orlando sighed.

~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC...

Post subject: Re: Shadowed Edge 8/?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:46 pm 
*sighs* Such a lovely update. :D How do you do it honestly? I've read so many of your stories and it still amazes me everytime. You take this clump of ideas and mold it into such heart-warming characters and then you build up their relationships that flow together and interact beautifully. You have such a way with words that makes me feel what the character is feeling. Like I actually got this heart-thumpity feeling when that motorcycle came in.

You are such an amazing writer and I feel so privileged to be able to read anything you write. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :bow

Did I mention thank you? :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:45 am 
Wow..this was amazing Holly, I can't wait for more. Love sammi xx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:56 am 
That was another great udpate :applause

Em so needs to break up with Tyson. He is such a jerk. He steals from her, insults her, flirts with other people while she's around and then has the nerve to wonder why HE puts up with HER. Plus of course string Aly along like that is hardly fair to her.

Well I'm looking forward to reading more.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:44 am 
Holly, Holly, Holly....

Disapoint? you? Neva! And I'm not saying it because I love you or because you are my best friend:p I first read your stories (and was blown away by what I've read) then we became friends:p So there....I'm not biased:p Well...maybe a little, but not about your writing:)

Ok...update:) I finally read it:grin . Great update! I loved it how Orlando stood up for his friends!!!! Go Orli!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO:lol :lol

The scene between Em and Tyson...dude...that was brilliant. I loved it....and how Aly spoke to her afterwords.... You could feel it.....I'm still not so sure about Bryce and Anna...I mean they like....well...dunno...I will read more to get my opinion on them....till then it's undecided;)

Did I mention that I love Em and Aly?:) They just too cute:grin And there is something about how Em referred to Sam and how Sam referred to Em....Em has more class, so to speak....yeap....I love that girl:grin Tyson is an ass.....but nothing new there....

Well dude....I want to read more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL:lol :lol

And I totally agree with Scarlette!

Love you,

M.

---------------------

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:56 pm 
Thank you so much Kittens! I love the feedback and knowing that you like this story. So thank you for the feedback and for reading. :flower

PART NINE

~*~*~*~*~

Brian stepped out of his vehicle and quickly made his way to the passenger side. Opening the door, he helped Samantha out. "I had a nice night," he smiled.

"Me too," Samantha grinned. "Thank you."

"Oh...no, thank you," the shaggy haired man smiled even bigger. "It was...interesting."

Sam laughed nervously. "I don’t think I made the best impression this afternoon. But...you don’t know Emelia and her..." she paused slightly searching for the right word, "...friends I guess."

"Exactly, I don’t know her so I won’t judge."

Sam smiled lightly and turned to walk into the courtyard. "Oh, Brian?" she turned around.

Brian stood in front of Sam waiting patiently for her to continue.

"Can we do this again? I mean without the bitch fight and our siblings and friends?" The young woman bit her bottom lip.

"You mean a date?" Brian grinned. He had an interest in this woman who shared his company.

"I mean a date."

"What time and where?" Brian answered softly.

Samantha’s eyes grew wide for a brief second. She half expected the foreign man to laugh at her, or at least hesitate. "Really?"

"Absolutely."

"Great, um so how about tomorrow night, say around seven?"

"See you at seven then." Brian smiled politely.

"Goodnight." Sam leaned in and kissed him on the cheek.

Brian cleared his throat and brushed his fingers along her bare arms. "You better get inside, you’re cold."

Samantha smiled coyly, her eyes shining brightly. "I assure you that these goose bumps aren’t from the cold," she whispered and noticed the blush crawl upon the young man’s face. "So, tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow, goodnight Sam," he breathed before letting her go and watched her walk away.

~*~*~*~*~

Samantha bounced into her room and plopped down on her bed. Sighing, she looked over at her best friend, who was studying. "Guess who has a date tomorrow night?"

Anna put down her pen and grinned. "The girl across the hall scored a date with someone from Lillian High."

"Nice," Sam rolled her eyes. "And wrong answer, try again."

"Scarlette?"

"Anna!" Sam scolded.

"I have a date tomorrow night?" Anna grinned cheekily.

"I, me, Samantha Linden, has a date for tomorrow night at seven!" Sam squealed, bouncing on her bed slightly.

"Really? How much did you pay the guy?"

"Nothing. I asked him, he said yes, I kissed him on the cheek, he brushed his fingers on my arms and caused amazing goose bumps to erupt on my skin." Sam finished dreamily.

"Wow," Anna observed how her best friend gushed about this date - how she was very excited. "Who is he?"

"Brian," Sam smiled. "God I can’t wait!" she threw herself back on her bed and let out a long cheerful sigh.

Anna frowned slightly, but pushed any weird feelings aside - she wanted to be happy for her best friend. "That’s great Sam," a small smile appeared on her lips.

~*~*~*~*~

"Hey Jaime," Scarlette walked into the art hall, carrying her backpack and art portfolio.

Jaime turned around and smiled. "Oh hey Scarlette."

"I brought the last of those leaves we were talking about," Scarlette opened up her folder and pulled out crafty stencils that she had used to make the leaves.

"Great!" Jaime bounced and was by Scarlette’s side, looking at the last of the props. "Now all we have to do is put things together."

"Okay, where shall I start?"

"Oh....you’re staying?" Jaime looked up hopefully.

"Sure, why not?" Scarlette smiled.

"I just...didn’t know if you were busy with your boyfriend," the other girl shrugged.

"My boyfrie- Oh! Orlando..." Scarlette blushed. "He’s not...I mean we’ve went out a couple of times, but the whole boyfriend/girlfriend status hasn’t been discussed."

Jaime smiled. "Well he’s a hottie."

Scarlette blushed slightly again. "He’s nice...incredibly nice."

"Lucky you."

"So um, I can help set-up Friday night." Scarlette changed the subject.

"Thank you Scarlette," Jaime answered appreciatively. Getting the backdrop straightened out and ready to paint, she looked at Scarlette. "Are you asking Orlando to the dance?"

The dark haired girl bit her lip. "I’m not sure, how many can you invite from a different school?"

The other girl thought about it. "Two I think, why?"

"Just wondering," Scarlette shrugged. "Besides, I doubt if I’ll go."

"Why?" Jaime frowned and dipped her paintbrush in paint. "Don’t you like these events? It’s our last school year."

"Not really my thing I guess."

Jaime threw a smirk at her friend. "Think about it at least."

"Well, if I decided to go, I would’ve liked to invite three people," Scarlette smiled.

"I can invite one for you Scarlette," Jaime offered. "It’s not a problem....really."

"Thank you Jaime, I’ll think about it," Scarlette smiled and went over to the radio. She turned on the music as the two girls continued on finishing up the touches for the fall dance that week.

~*~*~*~*~

Orlando sat back and twirled his keys around his fingers. "Come on ladies," he hollered.

"Relax, we’re decent," Emelia laughed as she came out of the bedroom. She sat on the couch beside Orlando and waited for Aly to come out. "So what’s the plan?"

"Well, we can pick up Scarlette and grab something to eat before dropping you off at home...seeing as you’ll be grounded for an eternity," Orlando flashed a grin. "You know, I figured you’d want to see your friends before being on house arrest."

"Thanks for being supportive," Em grumbled and punched him on the shoulder.

"Okay, all set," Aly stumbled over her feet. "Fuck!" she screamed when she stubbed her toe on the small coffee table.

"Did you two do any drugs of some sort?" Orlando frowned.

"Just a little at lunchtime. I think we’re coming down from it now," Emelia giggled and helped her best friend out.

"Well how the hell is that supposed to convince your parents you’re not into this stuff?" Orlando stood up, he really did try to understand his American friends.

"Relax Orli. Let’s just pick up your girlfriend, eat and drop me off," Emelia stood Aly up and they gathered their money together.

"Where’s Ty?" Orlando asked casually.

"Don’t know, don’t care." Emelia smirked sarcastically.

Orlando took on a deep breath and followed the girls out the door.

~*~*~*~*~

Sister MaGrey looked over at Aly and Emelia sitting in the lobby while Orlando asked if Scarlette could be found.

"Are they always this twitchy?" Sister asked Orlando.

Orlando looked back at his friends and back to the Sister. "Yes."

"Scarlette will be here in a few minutes, she’s just in the art hall." Sister smiled softly.

Orlando gave her a charming smile and whispered his thank yous, before excusing himself to sit with Aly and Em. "You know, you two can at least try and act normal."

Emelia got a shock hurt look on her face. "This is me normal!"

Aly grinned and twiddled her thumbs, looking around at all the statues and pictures of Jesus. "This place gives me the creeps," she leaned in and whispered into her best friend’s ear.

Emelia was about to answer when a bunch of schoolgirls walked by, giggling and talking. One looked at her and winked before going back to socializing with her friends. "Well it’s not that bad," she sighed and watched the group of girls walk down the long marble hall.

"Hey!" Aly slapped Em’s thigh, giving her a disapproving look.

"What?" Emelia looked back at her best friend and smiled softly. "I’m just looking baby."

Orlando chuckled and cleared his throat. "Damn Em, you’re worse than a guy sometimes."

"Hey!" Aly and Emelia both slapped Orlando.

Orlando snickered and heard a soft voice coming from down the hall, looking up he recognized the young woman. Smiling inside and out, he stood up and waited for Scarlette to approach him.

Scarlette was busy talking with Jaime, she didn’t even know who was waiting for her in the lobby area. Laughing at something Jaime was saying, she looked up and saw her gorgeous man waiting for her.

"Oh, it’s Orlando," Jaime whispered.

"No, really?" Scarlette teased.

"Hello Scarlette," Orlando smiled widely.

"Orlando, what are you doing here?" Scarlette asked, happily surprised.

"Well, I was hoping you could accompany us out for an early dinner."

Scarlette never even noticed Aly and Emelia sitting on the couch. "Oh, I would love too, just um, let me go and change," she blushed, realizing that the clothes she was wearing had paint spots on them.

"Why? You’ll always look just as beautiful," Orlando flashed a warm smile.

"Awww," Emelia and Aly snickered.

Scarlette smiled and shook her head, blushing. "Thanks," she whispered and someone cleared her throat. "Oh! Sorry, guys, this is Jaime, Jaime, this is Orlando, and over there is Aly and Emelia."

"Hey," Both Em and Aly smiled.

Jaime grinned. "Nice to meet y’all."

Orlando smirked and shook the blonde’s hand. "Pleasure to meet you."

"Well I have to go and finish up homework, I’ll catch you later Scar," Jaime skipped away up the marble steps.

"So this is your pad?" Em stood up and looked up. "Wow, nice angel thingys."

Scarlette sighed and shrugged. "Doesn’t beat home."

"Well come on Red, let’s go and eat. I have to be home soonish and I doubt I’ll see you within the next decade," Emelia grabbed Scarlette’s hand, dragging her towards the door.

Scarlette glanced at Orlando. "I’ll explain later," he softly said.

~*~*~*~*~

"I have to be selfish Emelia, I feel like I’m never going to see you again," Aly’s voice rose a bit.

"Damn it Aly, I don’t want to leave either, but I have to go home sometime," Emelia softly spoke.

The two girls were sitting outside of the diner. Aly felt threatened with Emelia’s other life, without Em, Aly felt like she was absolutely nothing. She couldn’t stand the thought of more nights without her best friend by her side. "Can’t we just run away?"

"Where?" Emelia sighed. "Aly, baby...listen to me okay?" she cupped the slender face in front of her. "You’ll see me again, nothing or no one can stop me from seeing you."

"You’re leaving me behind with Tyson," Aly made a disgusting face.

"That I am truly sorry for," Emelia wrapped her arm around Aly’s waist.

"I’m scared for you Em," Aly looked down the street, her eyes filled with tears. "I’m scared for us."

Emelia scrunched her face up in a confused look. "Us?" she hated seeing Aly in such a mood, neither girl was known for crying.

"I can’t lose you now," Aly whispered, her eyes casting back towards warm hazel eyes.

"You won’t lose me Alyssa," Emelia brushed hair away from her best friend’s eyes. It was the first time since they’ve met, that she’s used Aly’s full name.

"Can you just stay one more night?" Aly’s eyes begged Em.

Sighing, Em ran her fingers through Aly’s hair, massaging her scalp softly. "Sweetie," she giggled at the term of endearment, "you’re forgetting that we still have school...if you show up at school...we’ll see each other."

Aly gave a sexy grin. "Yea? And we can sneak into the boiler room or something?"

"Definitely," Em purred and kissed Aly slowly.

"Okay ladies...times up," Orlando stood there, looking almost guilty for having to break up a great moment. His fingers were laced with Scarlette’s as they waited for the couple to stop their smooch fest.

Aly groaned and pulled back, licking her lips. "Okay, let’s get this over with so I can see you tomorrow."

"So that’s how we get you two into school," Orlando chuckled trying to heighten the mood a bit.

Emelia smiled and stood up, pulling Aly up with her. Looking at Scarlette, she smiled softly. "I’m sure Orli will fill you in."

Scarlette shrugged. "We’re friends right? I’d rather hear it from you."

Aly and Orlando took the cue and walked ahead towards the vehicle.

Emelia switched nervously from foot to foot before bursting out laughing, causing Scarlette to raise an eyebrow at her friend. "Sorry," she apologized. "I just can’t believe I’m nervous."

"Why?"

"Why am I nervous? Or why can’t I believe that I am nervous?" Emelia cleared her throat and pried her eyes away from Scarlette.

"Both," Scarlette studied the young brunette in front of her. "Emelia? We’re friends, you can trust me, I won’t judge you."

"I don’t really know where to start Scar, I mean, I’m not the best person and I’ve really messed things up," Emelia said, running her fingers through her own hair. "I used to be this popular girl in school, I was dating the captain of the football team and I had a great life at home."

"What changed?" Scarlette asked.

"Aly." A smile appeared on Emelia’s face. "I in no way blame her for the way I turned out. Aly showed me so many things that I never knew existed."

"Like what?"

"Love," Emelia grinned. "When I was with Bryce, I really cared about him, but he was also so into his sports and never really liked the things I liked...I was a cheerleader yes, but I didn’t always want to follow around the football team."

"Bryce?" Scarlette questioned. "Anna’s Bryce?"

"That would be the one," Emelia smiled, nodding.

"Is that why you two are so...'argh'?" Scarlette asked, finally realizing, in a way, what was keeping her two friends from getting along.

"Sort of, but not really, not on my part anyway," Em shrugged. "I could care less that they’re together Scarlette, like I said, Aly showed me so much more. She was always there for me, she always makes sure I’m happy and that I’m smiling - and not happy as in a another dose of drugs."

"What about Tyson?"

Emelia looked at Scarlette, she bit her bottom lip and quickly looked away. "Things between Tyson and I were nothing like this, nothing like it is now. They changed a while ago but I just can’t seem to let go."

Scarlette remained silent because she knew she hit a sensitive cord.

"Anyway, I’m going home because I don’t want my parents to worry that much. I dropped some money off to them last week, but they weren’t home, so I just went back to Aly’s."

"And the ‘I won’t see you until the next decade’ comment?"

"Yea, I ran away a lot. It’s only a matter of time before they put me under house arrest...just because I'm eighteen, it doesn't mean that they don't have a say in where I go, or what I do," Emelia laughed for the first time since the conversation turned serious. "Scarlette, I promise to let you know more okay? I do trust you, but I should really get home before I change my mind."

Nodding, Scarlette patted Emelia on the shoulder as they walked towards the vehicle.

"Okay, we’re set," she said, crawling into the passenger side of the vehicle.

Emelia got in the back and was immediately embraced by Aly. "Don’t worry Aly, nothing can me keep me away from you remember?"

Aly smiled and watched out the car window as the car started to move.

~*~*~*~*~

"Where have you been?" Mrs. Michaels was sitting on the couch, reading a book when Emelia walked through the door quietly. "We were worried sick about you Emelia."

Not bothering to look up, Em just mumbled an apology and started off to her room.

"Oh no you don’t," her mother got up and dragged her daughter back to the couch. "We were worried sick about you."

"I heard that part," Emelia said, rubbing her eyes. "I was staying with Aly, it’s all good."

"No it’s not all good missy. Your father and I had a hard time getting through the days without knowing where you were. When we got the money you left, we were hoping that you were coming home that night."

"Mom, I’m sorry okay?"

"Sorry is just a word Em. Your sister never gave me a hard time like this." Mrs. Michaels voiced.

"I’m not Katie! And she ended up getting pregnant at sixteen...just because she was all responsible and is still with the loser who fathered her child, doesn’t make her better than me," Emelia raised her voice. "I’m so sick and tired of being compared to her."

"There was a time when we were so proud of you...what happened?"

"What didn’t happen," Emelia grumbled.

The phone rang and the older woman got up to answer. Emelia couldn’t help but over hear what her mother had to say.

"Yea, she just walked in the door not too long ago. Okay, just a minute." Mrs. Michaels handed Emelia the phone. "It’s your sister, she was worried about you too."

"Right," Emelia grabbed the phone and took a deep breath. "Hey Katie, what’s up?"

"Oh no you don’t. You may be able to act all calm and like nothing happened, but we were worried about you Emmy," Katie, Emelia’s older sister said.

"Well I’m alive and kicking," Em shrugged. "God, why can’t you all just let it go?"

"Because, you ran away! You left mom and dad to worry about you...and me."

"I’m home now, so just get over it!" The younger sister hung up and ran to her room. "Jesus," she mumbled.

~*~*~*~*~

After Orlando dropped Aly off, him and Scarlette parked in front of the courtyard. "So good talk with Em?"

Scarlette smiled and nodded. "I think I understand her better now."

"She’s a mystery to most people, but once you get to know her, she really isn’t bad at all," Orlando smiled.

"I get that," Scarlette unbuckled her seatbelt and turned towards the young man. "Were you ever attracted to her?"

Orlando couldn’t help but laugh. "Sorry, I’m not laughing at you. It’s just, no, Emelia is like my little sister and nothing more, she never was."

"Orli?" Scarlette smiled shyly and leaned in a bit when he leaned in first. "I really like you," she whispered.

Orlando moved his hand up and touched her cheek. "And I really like you Scarlette," he honestly said, trailing his fingers along her jaw line, allowing his thumb to briefly brush across her full lips. His eyes left hers and scanned her enticing lips. Subconsciously licking his own lips he moved in closer and so softly brushed them against hers.

Scarlette froze for a brief second, this being her first kiss, she was a little nervous. But it all melted away when Orlando softly kissed her, not seeking to deepen it, just letting her know how he felt. She opened her eyes and tentatively reached out to curl her fingers in his hair, pulling him in for another soft kiss.

Orlando let a sigh escape his lips. He didn’t know what it was about this woman he was kissing, but his heart always beat faster when he was around her. He couldn’t help but feel happy and alive when she was around him.

Pulling back, Scarlette scanned his face looking for any signs of regret, but she found none. She blushed slightly and ducked her head down, realizing that anyone could’ve seen them out in the courtyard or from the windows of the building.

"You’re amazing," Orlando whispered, his fingers still gently caressing her jaw line.

"Thanks," Scarlette quietly said, her blush crawling upon her already rosy cheeks. "So are you."

"You make me feel amazing," Orlando replied, his accent very heavy and low.

Scarlette swallowed and smiled, finally looking up at the man in front of her. "Orlando? Would you like to be my date for this Friday? For the Fall Dance."

"I would love too, but can I ask?" he locked his gorgeous eyes onto hers and waited for an answer. "Beautiful Scarlette, will you go to the Fall Dance with me?"

"Yes," Scarlette grinned and looked at the clock. "I should get inside, I have a lot of homework to do."

Nodding, Orlando leaned in and brushed his lips across her forehead. "I’ll see you tomorrow," he kissed her lips gently.

"Night Orlando," Scarlette opened the door and smiled at the young man.

"Night luv," Orlando whispered as she closed the door and took off down the pebble pathway. Leaning his head against the head rest, he let out a sigh and chuckled. "There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for her," he smiled and pulled off onto the street.

~*~*~*~*~

Sam giggled and sipped on her drink. She was having a great time with Brian, on their date. He was telling her little stories about his younger days back in Scotland. "What are the girls like back home?"

Brian chuckled and shook his head. "Nothing compared to the women here."

Samantha grinned and licked her lips. "Hey Brian? Would you like to be my date to the Fall Dance Friday night? Bryce will be there too with Anna."

"I don’t think I have anything better to do, so yea," he smiled and wiped his mouth with his napkin. "So tell me a bit about yourself."

"I’m pretty boring actually," she confessed. "I don’t have much of a life."

"Sure you do, can’t be that bad."

Samantha shrugged. "I grew up in California, moved here when I was old enough to come to boarding school, met Anna and the rest is history."

"No...boyfriend?" Brian smiled.

"Brian, if I had a boyfriend, do you really think I would’ve invited you to the dance?" Sam quirked an eyebrow.

Blushing, Brian just smiled and pulled out his wallet. "So movies next, then I take you home?"

"Or we could make out," Samantha grinned mischievously.

"Let’s just see where the night takes us," Brian put some money out on the table, stood up and extended his hand out to his date.

"I wonder where Anna and Bryce are tonight."

"Bryce had a practice, I think they were meeting up afterwards."

Brian opened the door and allowed the lady out first. "So this dance, is it formal?" he asked in his accent.

"Nope, semi-formal. I bet you look good in a tie," she smirked.

"I do," he chuckled as they walked out to the vehicle.

They made their way across town to the movie theatre. They had idle chit chat, discussing the differences between the two countries. Once they were inside, they settled into their seats and waited for the movie to start.

"So when are you going back home?" Samantha asked, taking off her light sweater, slightly unaware of Brian’s gaze upon her.

Brian’s gaze was caught by the young woman and he blushed. "Um," he cleared his throat. "Not too sure really, I can stay for as long as I want really, but I may start to miss home."

"Aww," Samantha grazed his arm lightly. "I’d miss you if you left."

Brian was about to reply when the preview credits starting rolling, he sighed lightly when he felt Sam rest her head upon his shoulder.

~*~*~*~*~

Ever since Emelia was young, her parents really took an interest in what she wanted to do with her life. She entered many after school activities, softball, karate, junior band, gymnastics, choir and a small art club. Her parents put a lot of money towards these activities to keep her happy.

But once she reached the age of fourteen, things slowly started to fade with her activities. She became a junior cheerleader and was dedicated to her studies and friends. However, Emelia began to feel like her parents didn’t care anymore. Her dad was always working or wanted to have quality time with her older sister, Katie.

Katie and Emelia never grew up in a non-wealthy home, they pretty much were set for life in with the money that’s been saved up in their savings account. Mr. Michaels ran his own business with his father and brother, and their mother stayed at home most of the time. Occasionally she would help down at a local café and make her own spending money.

Emelia hated telling people that she had money, that she could go home everyday and ask her father for twenty bucks and she’d get it no problem. It wasn’t the kind of image she wanted - some miss priss rich girl who can’t do things on her own and lives off her parents - maybe that was part of her deal with Anna. - No, Em wanted much more than that, she used to at least. Selling drugs and stealing money wasn’t how she’d imagine things would be, but they were as they were and that was the end of that.

Once her older sister became pregnant, Emelia felt like her life just wasn’t as important anymore. Katie got all the attention and it wasn’t like Emelia minded, she was excited to be an Auntie, but that’s when she felt things go downhill. She slept with Bryce when she was just shy of her sixteenth birthday, because she wanted to feel again, she wanted to feel alive and loved. Bryce provided that for her, he really did care for her, but amongst their ‘sneaking around’, Em felt empty inside still.

That’s when things really started to rebel, after she got word that Katie was moving away after her baby, Lily, was born, to be with the guy who fathered their child. Moving all the way to California, just so the little girl could have a father to grow up with. Apparently the guy didn’t want to live in Oregon, he was only there for a college party when he knocked up Katie, but once he found out she was pregnant, he took responsibility - if it meant she moved down there. Emelia felt like Katie was making the biggest mistake of her life, leaving Shadowed Edge to be with some guy she barely knew. But it wasn’t her choice either. She chose to blame her sister for awhile, for letting things get so out of control. Emelia just needed someone to talk too.

Then came Tyson and Aly, a bright young woman who was on the same path. She had met Aly through Bryce’s best friend Tyson, and the three of them clicked. Once she almost hit her seventeenth birthday, Emelia was already off the cheerleading team and into drugs. She had left Bryce for his best friend because things just weren’t working out, then one night, after a long party, Emelia and Aly crawled into a bed together and things developed into something was more sexual then just a friendship. It was one of the first times Em’s every felt safe, confused, but safe.

Mr. Michaels came home and noticed his daughter sitting on the couch, curled up with a book. "Em?" he raised both eyebrows and hung up his jacket.

Emelia looked up from her book and gave a weak smile. "Don’t look so shocked dad."

"When?"

"Earlier this evening, maybe if you stayed home long enough, you’d know these things." Em went back to reading her book.

"Now listen here, I don’t want trouble-"

"Spare the speech dad, mom already gave it to me. And I know, house arrest," she untucked her feet and put down her book, before grabbing the remote control.

"Did she tell you that being grounded also includes no television?"

"Nope," Emelia flipped through the channels.

"Well I’m telling you that now," Mr. Michaels sat down on his favourite chair.

Emelia still sat there and flipped through the channels absent mindedly. She wasn’t in the mood for more lectures, she just wanted tomorrow to be there already.

"I mean it, Em, upstairs to your bedroom," Mr. Michaels took the remote from his daughter’s grasp.

"Why? It’s not like I can into any trouble down here with you all watching me," Emelia huffed and ran upstairs. Slamming the door she threw herself on the bed.

"Em?" A voice whispered outside her bedroom window.

Emelia opened and the window and immediately grabbed the person who was staring back at her, and kissed them. "I hate it here," she breathed. "Aly, I really hate it here."

"Then come live with me, we can make it work," Aly said, tucking long brown hair behind Em’s ears.

Emelia looked down guiltily. "I shouldn’t," she whispered. "I mean, I don’t want to be here, but I really do need to try, you know?"

Aly nodded. "Well, you know you are always welcomed kay?"

Emelia smiled gratefully and looked around. "So why are you here?"

"I missed you," Aly shrugged. "I was on my way to Big L’s."

Emelia closed her eyes and swallowed. "You need a good fuck?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. Her heart clenched inside knowing that she wasn’t the only one touching Aly.

"Need some strong shit," Aly shook her head. "Em, I’m not going to sleep with him anymore."

"Right," Emelia smirked. "When you need it, you need it."

Aly sighed and rubbed her forehead. "I need you," she whispered.

"Tomorrow," Em cupped her best friend’s face.

"Okay."

"Now go before you get caught here," Emelia smirked.

"I love you," Aly brushed her lips against Em’s.

"I love you too," Em smiled and let go of Aly, watching her climb down the side of the house.

~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:54 pm 
Wow....okay.....that was wow.....

You truly left me speechless...it was absolutly beautiful, strong and mind blowing ....I wish I could've had more words to discribe it.

You just blown me away....

I really LOVED the way you wrote about Em. That was very strong writting there....

Man...really...I'm sitting here trying to find the words, but I can't....my mind is in thinking mode and I have too many thoughts.

I absolutly adore/admire your amazing writing.

More....soonish.....:flirt :flirt :flirt

*gotta find part 9....:whistle [duh...just read it;) ]

Really dude,I'm your fan forever [as well as your friend:) ]

Love you,

Marina:)

Edited cuz I'm stupid.....this WAS part 9....opsi....:blush

Yeah..so update soonish;) I'll bug :grin :grin

---------------------

Edited by: YMKA at: 1/27/04 11:02 pm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:24 pm 
I agree with Marina. Wow! The way you wrote about Em was just amazing. It's nice to learn more about what her background is like and why she's taken the paths she's chosen. And it's so great the way Scarlette and Em are becoming closer friends, I just know they're going to be great friends for eachother. OH! And the kiss! It's so sweet and makes you just wanna smile. :heart I really loved that part, but then again I've told you that a million times already.

Can't wait for Part 10 :D soooooooooon :flirt

~Scarlette~:flower

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:37 pm 
Hey Holly

I have to say I am likeing this fic more and more. Everytime I read a part its like more is exposed and I find I go back to read the chapter over. I love Scarlette she is a great Charactor she is the friend we all want but I find Em to be the most fasinating to me. Em and Aly's dynamic is great I can't wait to see how they will progress.ohhh and Dude I uselove Orlando he is a totall sweetie reminds me of a friend of mine.This is a great stoy I can't wait to see where you take it.

Arron :kitty

She walks in beauty, Like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies;

And all that's best of dark and bright. Meet in her aspect and her eyes.

~ by Byron ~

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:48 pm 
Yes.. i know I have been bad.. I haven't left feedback until now. To be honest, since I am particularly bad about it, I was a lil afraid of giving something away:p

More than anywhere else, this is where your characters shine.

You have no restrictions from using established characters from a show, and it's more than a love story.

This is a real slice of life, with the up's and down's that go with it.

I love how strong and complex your characters are.. they literally seem to spring to life from the page. The best part is that they interact....so you get to see all different aspects of their personalities.

Sam has been nothing but a :rage to many of the characters since the onset of the story.. yet with Brian she seems sweet and has that bit of vulnerability.

Scarlette is so creative and quiet...a true thinker. But oddly enough its not Aly and Em and Orli that have her all shy..it's Anna and Sam.

I love that because it just goes to show that sometimes the people you think would be the most cruel and teasing and cold are often the ones least likely to judge and to accept you for who you really are. No conditions need to be met.. their friendship is offered freely.

The standout character is Emelia, definitely.

She isn't a bridge like Scarlette, with a foot on each side. Em has been fully emersed in both..and I think that we have yet to see where she will find herself, what she will decide for herself, and what directions her relationships and life will take.

Anna is interesting.

Very opinionated, and quite shallow to be honest..at this pont at least.

But I can't help but remember the fact that a lot of that tension stems from Bryce..and the fact that he and Em were together once. Women often fight over men and then realize they have a lot more in common than they thought they did once the guy is out of the picture. If Bryce makes a wrong move.. I think Anna and Emelia will have a LOT to talk about.

I can't wait for more!

Cindi:luv

"Even the bears wanted me to stay in Canada..."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:23 am 
That was soo good Holly. I loved it. It was amazing, and realy intense. Love sammi xx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:38 am 
That was a great update :clap

You really convey the characters very well. Especially, in this part, Em, who I can understand a bit better.

Being a pessimist again I'm worried about Aly going to see Big L. Not just because from what we've heard about him he doesn't sound very nice but also if he's worked out who's half inched his drugs then she might be in trouble.

Looking forward to :read more

Post subject: Shadowed Edge 10a/?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:02 pm 
Hello Kittens! Well, here we go with the next update! :) Personally, it's one of my favourites. :) Thank you all for the feedback, I love it! Hope you enjoy!! :D

Scarlette: Sweet Scar, thank you so much for always being there when my muse disappears! You're much support and I love you for it :shy . And you're such a kick ass beta!!! *hugs* And Orlando is so gentlemanLy! :lmao

Marina: Dude, I love ya!! You know which things to say to make me feel better about my fics. Emelia is such a complicated character to write, she's... lost. Well, that's what I get when I write her. :) Thank you dude, really. :flower

Arron: Thank you so much! :D Emelia and Aly are like one of my favourite couples to write. Thank you again!

Cindi: Hmm, don't get me started on Sam. :lol Anna is on of the challenging characters I have to write. She's... different. But I hope people will see her like I do... then again, I know where the story is going so I know what happens. :) :p Thanks for reading AND leaving feedback! :D

sammi: Awww, thank you Sammi! :) I was hoping that it'd be intense... I really wanna get you all to know these characters. :) Thanks again!

justin: I'm really glad you understand Emelia better! :) I was hoping that would happen. I wouldn't worry to much about Aly... not yet anyway. :| Thanks for reading! :)

PART TEN - A

~*~*~*~*~

"Emelia Michaels! You can’t just walk away," Mrs. Michaels yelled upstairs at her daughter.

"It’s not like you want me here anyway," Emelia muttered to herself.

"What will your father say when he knows you’re about to leave?"

"I don’t know and I really don’t care."

"Why must you have so much hatred towards us Emelia?" the older woman sat down on the bottom of the stairs.

"Hate? I don’t hate you mom, I never have," Emelia came out with a shoulder bag thrown over her shoulder. "I just don’t like it here."

"And why is that?"

"It’s all different, everything is so different."

"And you think that the life you are leading is not a change? For goodness sake Emelia, you are living in a rat shack."

"You don’t know what it’s like mom," the young woman snapped and brushed passed her mother, reaching towards the door.

"You don’t know what it is like here anymore either," the older woman reasoned, her voice raising only slightly. "You’re never around so don’t you start talking about what life is like here."

"Whatever," Emelia grasped the door handle in her hand, and as she was about to walk out the threshold, her father came up the porch stairs. "Great..." she muttered.

"Going somewhere?" Mr. Michaels asked, raising an eyebrow at his daughter.

"Yea, what was your first clue?" the young woman brushed a few strands of long brown hair away from her eyes.

"Emelia Chase Michaels," his tone very firm. "I don’t know what your problem is, but you’d better adjust it soon."

"If you don’t like the way I am, that is clearly your problem."

"Just you wait, Emelia, who do you think you are, talking to your parents like that?"

"Katie never used that tone with us."

"Yea, well I’m not Katie!" Emelia yelled. "I never will be...God just leave me alone," she spat and took off down the pathway and down the street.

Mr. and Mrs. Michaels exchanged confused and hurts looks as they watched their youngest daughter walk away, not knowing where her life would lead.

~*~*~*~*~

Emelia and Aly waited outside the small home. "You know, I still can’t believe your parents let you come out tonight," Aly laughed.

"Well, they didn’t," Em shrugged.

"Em, baby, why didn’t you run away again?"

"Because, I just can’t stand to be there...you know that." Em sighed.

"Well I’m not complaining," Aly smirked. "I can’t believe Scarlette actually talked you into staying clean for tonight, and you talking me into it."

"Ah, but I didn’t have to talk much," Emelia waggled her eyebrows, cupping her best friend’s face and kissing her softly.

Aly pulled back, gazing lovingly at Emelia. "I love you," she whispered. "I really do."

The brunette smiled tenderly and brushed the pads of her thumbs across Aly’s cheeks. "I love you too.”

"Honestly?"

"Honestly." Emelia smiled.

"So when did Orlando say they’d be here?"

"Him and Scarlette should be here in about five minutes."

"So five minutes to spare? And we’re not in the bedroom?" Aly whispered, starting to nibble along her best friend’s neck.

"Aly, you know as well as I do, that we’d need way more time than that," Emelia shuddered, letting out a throaty laugh.

"True," Aly murmured.

The couple pulled apart when car headlights stopped in front of the small driveway.

"Looks like our ride is here."

Orlando stepped out of the vehicle and approached Emelia and Aly. "You girls ready?" he asked.

"Sure," Emelia stood up and grabbed Aly’s hand. "So tell us again, rules?"

"Just...no swearing..." Orlando said, opening the back door.

"Aww fuck, that fucking sucks!" Aly cursed, smirking. "Can we at least fuck?"

Scarlette’s head swirled around quickly, from the passenger side. "Emelia..." she warned.

"It’s okay Scar, she’s just getting it out of her system," Emelia rubbed Aly’s back. "Aren’t ya baby?"

Aly nodded and settled into the back of the seat. "Any other rules?"

"No making out," Orlando smirked.

"But but but...you can’t do that? What if we get bored?" Em frowned.

"It’s not a place you want to get caught making out," Scarlette snickered.

"Well screw that," Emelia sat back and snuggled into Aly’s arms, resting her head between the raven haired girl’s neck.

Orlando looked over at his girlfriend and placed a kiss on her hand before pulling out onto the road. "Any rules for me?" he asked playfully.

"Be good," Scarlette flashed a flirtatious grin before turning her attention back to the road, trying to avoid the soft moaning sounds coming from the back seat.

Emelia had Aly brushed up against the car door, one hand was laced with the dark haired girl, while the other was moving torturously slow up and down the girl’s side and stomach, dragging her dress up slowly. Her lips were busy teasing Aly’s own lips open.

Orlando looked through the review mirror and immediately averted his eyes as a blush made it’s way up his face. He smirked and continued driving.

Aly’s free hand ran through Emelia’s long hair and down her back as they continued to kiss and explore each other’s mouths.

"I think we’re making the prep couple a little uncomfortable," Emelia moaned quietly as Aly’s hands brushed the sides of her breasts.

"So?" Aly whispered, taking Em’s earlobe into her hot mouth.

Emelia chuckled and pulled back from her best friend, warm breath washing over the lips in front of her. "Let’s try to be good."

Aly pouted and whined. "But sometimes it’s so good to be bad."

"I promise you, tonight, after this dance, we’ll came back here and I’ll..." Emelia pressed her lips to Aly’s ear and whispered something that caused Aly to bite her lip and moan.

"Being good can be nice too," Aly quietly said.

"Mmmhmmm." Emelia purred, pulling back to sit up right, fixing her nice dress.

"Are we there yet?" Aly asked, looking out her window, banging her head slightly on the glass.

Scarlette smiled and looked back at Emelia. "Is she going to be cranky all night cause she’s not going to get some?" she held back a laugh when both girls in the back seat looked at her with bemused looks. "What?" her attention turned back to her boyfriend when she heard him laugh.

Emelia and Aly both blushed at Scarlette’s words. They knew Scarlette was capable of being sarcastic, but this time it took them by surprise. "Are we there yet?" Emelia cleared her throat.

~*~*~*~*~

Anna brushed her hands over Bryce’s shoulders, as if she was straightening out his blazer. "When’s Brian and Sam getting here?" she asked curiously.

"Soon," Bryce fussed with his tie. He found a bench in the courtyard and ushered his girlfriend to sit down, while they waited for Brian and Sam.

"I haven’t seen Scarlette today since English class, I wonder if she’s coming tonight?" Anna wondered, curling in her boyfriend’s embrace.

Bryce shrugged and caressed Anna’s arm gently. "I hope Brian and Sam get here soon, I want to go inside."

Anna raised an eyebrow. "You don’t like it out here?"

"I want to dance with my girlfriend," Bryce flashed a smile at the redhead.

"Oh," Anna blushed and leaned in to kiss him gently. "Too bad the dance isn’t in the dormitory assembly hall."

"Oh yea? Why is that?" Bryce whispered.

"You. Me. My room. Alone," Anna whispered back.

The couple was so busy gazing at each other, they never noticed another couple walk up towards them.

"Are we interrupting something?" Sam asked, her arm looped with Brian’s.

Anna broke eye contact with her boyfriend and looked up at her best friend. "Sam, hey."

"Hey," Sam smiled and looked at her date. "Doesn’t he look handsome?"

Brian blushed and swayed on his feet. "Nice tie," he snickered at his brother.

"Nice bow," Bryce laughed, standing up, holding his girlfriend’s hand.

Sam let go of her date and walked to the other side of Anna. "Doesn’t he look good in a suit?" she whispered, looking over Brian, up and down.

Anna merely nodded her head. "Yea, good."

"He gave me a rose when he picked me up this afternoon," Sam smiled. "And dinner was fabulous."

"I don’t understand why we couldn’t get ready together," Anna replied.

"‘Cause you and Bryce wanted to hang out until tonight, and I wanted to have an extra long night with Brian," Sam playfully nudged shoulders with her best friend. "Anna, you are happy for me right?"

Anna looked into her best friend’s eyes and smiled. "Yes Sam, of course I’m happy for you, you deserve to be happy."

"Kay, because I just thought, you know, Brian being Bryce’s brother and-"

"Really, I’m happy."

Sam smiled and took Anna in for a hug. "Thank you."

"Look who just pulled up," Bryce pointed towards the street. "Orlando and Scarlette."

Anna and Sam smiled and started to walk towards the vehicle, but stopped when they saw two other people get out of the car. "What the..."

Scarlette and Orlando held hands as the walked up the pebble pathway. "Hey guys..." Orlando smiled and looked at Sam and Anna, "...ladies."

"Hey, what are they doing here?" Sam whispered to her best friend.

Anna shrugged and put on a smile. "Wow Scar, you look nice," she addressed the shorter dark brunette, who was wearing a black v-neck, knee length dress with pin stripes, accented with a white rose above her left breast.

Orlando smiled and kissed his girlfriend’s temple. "She looks beautiful."

Scarlette blushed and tightened her grip on Orlando’s hand. "You look good too, love that colour on you," she smiled at the redhead, who was also wearing a nice dress, only it was different.

Anna’s dress was red, the top was halter style, showing off her cleavage perfectly. It was designed with swirls of glitter and a loose frilled hem. "Thank you."

"So where’s the party at?" Aly asked, her fingers laced with Emelia’s.

"Hi Bryce, you look good in a tie," Emelia smiled and shifted her gaze to Anna and Sam. "Love the dresses."

Sam raised an eyebrow and looked at Aly, who was almost wearing the same dress as her own. "Where’d you get that?" she asked the other girl.

Aly looked down at her own dress and smirked. It had a wide v-neck with a butterfly-like design in the front, opened just enough to allow some skin show all the way down to where her naval was, the length short and jagged. "I think it’s kind of sexy, don’t you think Em?"

Em nodded and brought her fingers up and traced Aly’s exposed skin, her nails exciting the skin in their wake. "Makes her skin look more kissable," she murmured, never taking her eyes off of Sam. "And I love kissing every inch of Aly's skin."

Bryce dragged his gaze up Emelia’s form. "And why do you look so classy?"

Sam smirked. "Yea, since when did trash turn class?" she looked the other brunette up and down. Emelia’s dress was black and drifted loosely around her ankles and the top had a strap that went across one shoulder, baring only one shoulder, showing minimal skin.

Emelia bit her lip and clenched her fists a bit. "I don’t know Sam, you tell me."

It was Sam’s turn to clench her fists a bit and make a mean face. "You better stay away from me and my friend’s tonight," she hissed.

"Sam, calm down," Anna pulled her best friend back a bit.

"Calm down? Anna, your boyfriend was checking her out...your enemy, doesn’t that bother you?" Sam frowned.

Anna shrugged and smirked a bit. "I don’t know, seems to me you were checking the enemy out as well."

Sam looked at her best friend with a horror look. "I-"

Aly stepped forward, Em’s hand laced in hers. "Sam, sweetie, if you ever check out my girlfriend again, I won’t hold back this time. I’ll kick your not so scrawny ass."

"Fuck you," Sam whispered.

"No thank you. See, unlike you, I have someone to do that for me," Aly’s eyes narrowed a bit, a small smile playing at her lips.

"Aly..." Emelia’s voice warned and tugged Aly back. "Not tonight."

Scarlette and Orlando remained silent until now. Scarlette threw Emelia a thankful look before they started to walk to the hall doors. "Jaime," she smiled.

"Scarlette, Orlando," Jaime grinned and looked over their shoulders to find the two young women she met briefly a few days ago. "You guys ready to go in? I have the extra ticket."

"Oh, that would be mine," Aly smiled and wrapped a friendly arm around Jaime’s shoulder, while the other remained around Em’s waist.

Sam held Anna back a bit while their dates moved ahead of them. "What’s wrong?"

"What do you mean?" Anna whispered.

"You’re defending Emelia now?"

"No, I just don’t think we should start trouble tonight," Anna placed a hand on her best friend’s shoulders. "Sam, if they want to act like that, let them. We don’t have to play their games, especially tonight."

Sam sighed and saw Anna’s point. "Okay, but I swear, if they make one wrong move..."

"Just, ignore them okay? You have a gorgeous date to keep your attention on...and he’s worth it."

Sam beamed and hugged Anna. "You are so right! I can make out with Brian!"

Anna smirked and little and grabbed Sam’s hand to catch them up to their dates.

~*~*~*~*~

The music was blaring throughout the hall of the Campus. The scenery and theme of an Autumn day was just absolutely mind blowing and many thanks and compliments were sent towards Scarlette and Jaime.

"You did this?" Orlando asked his girlfriend as they stood in front of a big backdrop, painted and decorated with many orange, yellow, red and coppery colours.

Scarlette blushed slightly. "Not by myself of course."

"Wow," Orlando grinned and looked at Scarlette. "Absolutely beautiful and amazingly talented, how does one guy get so lucky?"

Emelia and Aly smirked at the comment. "We could tell you how one gets lucky."

Scarlette blushed a deep red and licked her lips. "Thanks," she whispered at the compliment Orlando gave her.

"Come on Aly, let’s go and dance," Em grabbed her best friend’s hand and dragged her towards the empty dance floor.

"Have you ever been to one of these before?" Orlando asked his girlfriend.

Scarlette raised an eyebrow and smirked at the man in front of her. "Of course I have, it’s not like I’ve been secluded from these kind of events."

"Sorry," Orlando smiled apologetically, "I didn’t mean to offend you, it’s not how I meant it."

"It’s okay," Scarlette smiled. "I don’t come to these things often, I went to the very first dance and it really wasn’t my thing, and I came to last year’s Halloween party."

"Did you have fun?"

Scarlette shrugged and pulled Orlando towards the punch bowls. "It was okay."

"Well," the young man leaned forward to whisper in his date’s ear, "I hope we can change that ‘okay’ to a ‘hell yeah’."

"We’re already there," Scarlette whispered, smiling as their hands laced together naturally.

Orlando grinned and brought there joined hands up to his lips and kissed her knuckles softly. "My pleasure."

"Hey!" Bryce came up to the couple, with Anna by his side. "Looks like Aly and Em are spicing things up."

Anna looked over at the only two people on the dance floor, dancing close together. "At least they’ll get people off their feet and dancing."

Scarlette smiled and nodded in agreement. "Those two always know how to jump start a bland party."

"Have you been to parties Scar?" Anna teased.

"Nope," Scarlette shook her head. "Where’s Sam and Brian?"

Anna looked around and shrugged a bit. "I think Sam is showing him where the washrooms are."

Bryce chuckled a bit. "I think Brian may get some while he’s here."

"Ew," Anna muttered. "They could at least wait until they’re some where more private."

Orlando laughed. "I think he meant while he’s staying here, in America."

Anna’s face grew red. "Oh."

Scarlette smiled and grabbed Anna’s arm. "Come on, let’s go and leave the men to talk."

Orlando pouted but it quickly went away when Scarlette boldly reached up and gave him a chaste kiss before turning around and heading towards the DJ booth with Anna.

Bryce smiled at his friend. "So, things are going well?"

"Better than well," Orlando cleared his throat.

"You mean you two..."

"A gentleman never kisses and tells," Orlando smiled and shook his head. "Plus, I respect her too much to jump into something I know we’re both not ready for."

"What’s this? Has Scarlette got you whipped?" Bryce teased.

Shrugging, Orlando poured two cups of punch and set off to look for his girlfriend.

~*~*~*~*~

Post subject: Re: Shadowed Edge 10a/?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:22 pm 
Holls you're just waaaaaaay too fantabulous at this. OMG! Sam checking out Emelia was just priceless. I laughed so hard. And of course you can't miss the scene with Em and Aly in the car :D that was... tall glass of icy water worthy. Orlando, such a gentleman, give me one of those to go please. ;;)

I love this story soooooooooo much!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:53 pm 
Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYA!!!!!

Awww....I totally agree with Scarlette. Em and Aly in the car was great:grin "Are we there yet?" :lol :lol And the fucking fuck...;) :lol :lol :lol and Sam checking out Em was totally funny :p Though I still don't get Anna.....Scarlette and Orlando awwwwwwwww :heart :heart ....sooo cute!!!!!

Yep....I will wait for your updates forever!!! Cuz they always worth it:p I even stopped reading my driver manual when I saw that you posted an updated!!!!! LMAO:lol :lol :lol

Keep the great job you are doing dude!!!!

Tomorrow is....:yikes ....But, I'm happy now:p I had good laughs and a couple of :heart :heart moments;)

Oh....and if I don't make any sense...please forgive me...lmao it's 2am...and I'm all :sleepy

Love ya;)

M.

---------------------

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:50 am 
Hehe..I loved this part..so cute. Infact I love the whole story, It's just so good, and the way you write it is amazing :heart Love sammi xx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:37 am 
That was a great update :clap

Okay I might as well admit it now. I've done a complete 180 when it comes to Em and Aly. Those two are great :) and awww, they said they loved each other :luv2

Though I still stand by my comment that if they keep hanging around with people like Tyson and stealing from scary drug dealers then they'll wind up in a body bag :(

I like Scarlette more and more with each update and Orlando definitely seems like a nice guy.

Looking forward to reading more.