The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ringer...Is Anyone Watching?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:58 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Just wondering if anyone caught the 'Ringer' pilot with SMG last night? If so, what did you think?

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Post subject: Re: Ringer...Is Anyone Watching?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:54 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I watched it. SMG was fantastic. The story line was a bit soap opera-ish and the CG (like the boat scene) were simply horrible. But i'm willing to give it a chance because she is good enough to carry a show.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:29 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 8
I'll stick with it too, at least for a while.

I agree on the general excellence of SMG. But clearly, the writing is not on the level of BtVS. We'll just have to see how things develop.....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:08 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
I'm gonna stick with because hell, just watching SMG mop the floor would be worth it, lol. But...that scene in the boat was a real buzz kill for me. Even my 12 yr old was like, WTF? Absolutely hideous! Plus, I was really hoping for a little more intrigue and less soap.

On a funny note...at the end when the guy jumped her, my kid started yelling.."STAKE HIM! STAKE HIM!!" :grin

Also, in case anyone is interested. There is a Ringer podcast. You can find it at ringercast.com and on iTunes once they upload the first episode. Incidentally, this podcast is by the same guy that does the Hellmouth Podcast.

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:19 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
Moved this thread over here. :)

Kisses and Gay Love
"I like my buttons, curvy." - Willow, Neverland, by Easiersaid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:22 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

The premise of the story I like. The writing sucked major ass. They rushed the story. They didnt give it any time to develop and the direction that they are gonna take the story is totally predictable. Heres season one in a nutshell.... Bridgett got plastered on booze or high on drugs and set off the chain of events that led to the death of Shibon's son. Shibon decides to have her sis take the fall for whatever shinanigans that she is involved in. Bridgett (who has assumed her sisters identity) falls for Shibons hubby. Bad twin comes back after danger dies down and wants to reclaim her identity. Mr Fantastic, plastic man from the Fantastic four or whatever his name is on this show decides he wants to be with good twin (bridgett) bad twin (Shibon) plays her trump card "I'm pregnant and the baby is yours" and they end the season with the weak cliffhanger of 'who will he choose?'. I've seen this exact same story line played out on All my children, One life to live and the Young and the restless... cheesy..Smg deserves better.

Shelby, When she was hiding from the guy who was trying to kill her, I kept thinking.. there's only one of him. She is so gonna Kick his ass. So, when she pulled out the gun and busted a cap in his ass it made me pause... Buffy would never use a gun. Then I flashed back to that cheese ball boat scene and remembered that this isnt Buffy. It's a shitty Soap Opera!

PS. I hear her return to All my children will pay homage to Buffy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:18 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
The show got canceled, and SMG announced she is with child #2 (I think Alyson is due with child #2 sometime this month, or maybe it's next month).

I had watched, but the show got so diluted. In the end Siobhan was a nut case out to kill Bridget, because she blamed her for the death of her son when it really appear that may have been the fault of the father of the child, who wasn't supposed to have unsupervised visitations (?). who had assumed her identity and fell in love with her sisters husband. Then there's the whole being in hiding, and the husbands ex wife trying to kill Siobhan. Siobhan allowed her best friend to be killed - with best friends like that, who needs enemies - really! The daughter and the ex plot to steal money from the husband, and the ex was involved in a lesbian relationship with the partner of the husband and he was running a ponzi scheme.

There was just too many threads going on... and I didn't cover all of them, and the writing was spotty at best. SMG did the best she could with what she was given.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"