The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bad Girls
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:37 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Are there any fans of the UK show Bad Girls here?

I've just learned that the US is going to produce it's own version of the show and I'm curious to know what people think of that. As for me, I'm kind of in the land of undecided...there could never be another Nikki and Helen as good as the original, IMO... but the overall concept of the show, remastered could be cool.

Post subject: Re: Bad Girls
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:43 am 
12. Recently Gay

Topics: 1
I loved Bad Girls, though it went off the boil a bit after season 5, or was it season 4, when Yvonne was locked in the abandoned cell.

You know, I'm not sure if I like the idea of an American version, look what they did to Queer as Folk.

I'll agree it wasn't the most realistic of shows, but it still had a gritty element in that the language was pretty rough, for mainstream tv, and the setting looked good cos it was filmed in a disused prison.

Like you, I don't think they could do better than than the original Nikki and Helen, and god only knows how 'Chelle Dockley would be portrayed.

I have visions of an elongated version of the Charlie's Angels womens prison episode lol.

Hopefully it will not have to much glamour about it, but I'd probably watch tho'.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:17 pm 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

I loved it. Loved, loved, loved it. I'm therefore not sure I could cope with a US version, because - while it may be better - it would still be different. And it'd lose that lovely Scottish accent of Helen's, I guess...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:50 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Mmmhhh.... Scottish accents... *drool*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:54 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

For anyone who hasn't read this on afterellen...

This interview makes me feel so much better about the whole thing!

http://www.afterellen.com/people/2008/6/eileengallagher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:04 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
I don't know why I didn't watch it originally. I think it was my w/t obsession and the fact that those days youtube and downloading eps wasn't that easy. Anyway, recently, I have watched the helen/nikki scenes on youtube and I LOOOVE it. It's grand. It's marvelous and it's one of the things I am into right now.

I am glad for the HBO series though and I trust the people behind it. Reading that interview makes me feel even better though. I am one that is glad h/n ended when it did cause I think it would have dragged and I am happy that they were committed to the happy ending. Hopefully, the hbo team will as well and I wouldn't be sad if they ended h/n at season three either, as long as they were happy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:29 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

xita wrote:
I don't know why I didn't watch it originally. I think it was my w/t obsession and the fact that those days youtube and downloading eps wasn't that easy. Anyway, recently, I have watched the helen/nikki scenes on youtube and I LOOOVE it. It's grand. It's marvelous and it's one of the things I am into right now.

Awesome! I shall now relive my N/H obsession vicariously through you.

Quote:
I am glad for the HBO series though and I trust the people behind it. Reading that interview makes me feel even better though. I am one that is glad h/n ended when it did cause I think it would have dragged and I am happy that they were committed to the happy ending. Hopefully, the hbo team will as well and I wouldn't be sad if they ended h/n at season three either, as long as they were happy.

I couldn't agree with you more...though I can't say that I was terribly thrilled with the way SHED ended it because I felt there were still too many loose threads between N/H...too many things that didn't fit inside that particular ending.

Last edited by Emms on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:32 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
Oh, talk to me about the loose threads, I'd like to debate them. I mean, there are some things that I understand people had issues with so ... but overall, it was satisfying.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:01 am 
3. Flaming O

I too love this story and since I don't have HBO anyway, its really a non-issue for me, but its gonna be really hard to recreate the original. I mean, face it, it wasn't so much the storyline that sold the N/H story (it had its faults, I agree), it was the sizzling chemistry between Mandana and Simone. I mean, those two could say so much with just a look. They didn't even have to have lines..LOL
And the kissing scenes. And the arguments, and the sexual tension. These two actresses sold the story. It'll be kinda hard to try and picture someone else in the roles. I wish them luck. I already know you'll never find another Yvonne like the original..LOL
BTW, if you want to read some great N/H fanfic that picks up where the series ended, check out the link below. Best stories on the web bar none.

[url]http://www.northco.net/~janeway/BGindex.html

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:03 am 
3. Flaming O

I too love this story and since I don't have HBO anyway, its really a non-issue for me, but its gonna be really hard to recreate the original. I mean, face it, it wasn't so much the storyline that sold the N/H story (it had its faults, I agree), it was the sizzling chemistry between Mandana and Simone. I mean, those two could say so much with just a look. They didn't even have to have lines..LOL
And the kissing scenes. And the arguments, and the sexual tension. These two actresses sold the story. It'll be kinda hard to try and picture someone else in the roles. I wish them luck. I already know you'll never find another Yvonne like the original..LOL
BTW, if you want to read some great N/H fanfic that picks up where the series ended, check out the link below. Best stories on the web bar none.

http://www.northco.net/~janeway/BGindex.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:24 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

not to take this too far off topic but I have to mention that What God Has Brought Together by Stuntdouble is my favorite fic EVER. ever. It's on my N/H site as well.

Topic: Kendahl~ You can always buy the dvds when they come out. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:48 pm 
3. Flaming O

I have seasons 1-3 on DVD, as well as a beautiful 24x36 N/H print above the mantle, . I 'll wait to hear your reviews before I check out the HBO series. LOL
I like WGHBT too, but I prefer the AFTER LARKHALL series. And the best thing is, she's gonna add six more chapters over the next year. Take it up to the time of Fenner's demise. They're well worth the wait.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:54 pm 
3. Flaming O

I've taken to creating my own kinda art so I'm clearing out some of the other pieces I've collected over the years. Go to e-bay, type in Mandana Jones or Simone Lahbib and I have two beautiful N/H prints for sale. Also, one very large W/T print.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:32 am 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 5
I’m sorry chaps, I’ve only recently discovered this thread. You may be interested in this:
Simone Lahbib & Mandana Jones Bad Girls Trailer- outakes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNp5i0KN ... re=related

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:18 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
I have all of BG on DVD, although the later series with Fenner in start to bug me. It just became less and less realisitc that this man would still be in a job. I remember in the episode [spoiler]where Karen gets fitted up by Fenner,[/spoiler] I was screaming at the telly "Don't gloat you silly cow, ring Helen and gang up on him by surprise!" By the time he actually got his just desserts, I was so annoyed at the whole thing. What happened to [spoiler]Yvonne's blackmail pictures[/spoiler], anyway? Why didn't she use them? Do we really think Karen would [spoiler]back down from a rape charge, knowing what she does about Jim's past and all the previous allegations from Shell, Helen, Rachel Hicks etc?[/spoiler]

The early series however are the best thing since sliced bread. For anyone who can't get the actual episodes, I'd recommend Filbertfox's recaps and reviews at www.badgirlsannex.com

In fact, even if you can get the episodes, I'd recommend the recaps. They're hilarious.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:54 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

[This a question for just Americans, as far as I know]

I've been thinking this for months now: in the ad for Kohler faucets, where a snooty architect boasts of his accomplishments, and finally a woman pulls out a faucet, and says "Build a house around this."

Isn't that woman Mandana "Nikki" Jones?

GG Or am I completely crazy? :rolleyes Out

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:08 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

You're not crazy, GG. It's her.
Fans have posted it on youtube already!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:47 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I totally Loved Nikki and Helen in Bad girl

I watched Bad Girls all the time

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:59 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

A really great Nikki/Helen Fanfiction message board

http://s1.zetaboards.com/BadGirlsRiot/index/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:15 pm 
28. Com...plete

I'm late to the party, but I'm addicted! I have so many Helen/Nikki feels and no one to share them with. I'm watching season 3 now and I'm a bit disappointed; way less Nikki/Helen cuteness than the first two seasons. I know they're about to leave for good, and I want more of them!

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:06 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 134
They recently relaunched the show In the UK, Making all episodes available on the UK TV on demand service.

I was interested as it has a large influence on shows that follow in the UK. I like seeing TV influences elsewhere, its history through pop culture. I watched a few episodes mainly pointing out who I knew the actors as more and created my own narrative.
I didn't keep it up as I just found the whole thing funny. I laughed for a straight 20 minutes at Shell flushing her dead canary. It was so obvious it was fake and the actor was trying so hard but the the camera focuses on a plastic canary being flushed but had to cut away and show and empty toilet bowl as the plastic bird would have blocked the pipes.
But you've also got Nikki Groping Helen while still holding a carrot!
Body bag falling down the stairs because the two Julies cleaned them so well and on purpose so body bag would fall down them.

Plus I use to stay up way later than I should as a young kid and it would be on TV. I have a clear memory from when i was like 4/5 of a woman hanging herself from the upper levels using her scarf. No wonder I turned out so morbid.

Genuinely still worth a watch after all these years but i would recommend Wentworth Prison more. It recently ended its run but its griping stuff. If you're a fan bad girls or the old Cellblock H (its a remake of cellblock H) series then Wentworth definitely worth a watch.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms