The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Grey's Anatomy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:06 am 
12. Recently Gay

Hiya Garfield! I was going to ask what you thought of this ep anyway, particularly the exploding artery scene. I was actually expecting that to happen since I'm a subscriber to the old "show a gun, use a gun" style of screenwriting. Which means that once they mentioned the artery and what to do if it blows, of course we had to see it blow. And Lexie being in the room was also not a surprise to me, Green's character having started flirtiing with her at also the moment he first saw her. There was a little more blood that I expected them to show hovever, pretty close to realistic I'd guess. As for his chances of survival, G will know best, but I would guess he has some very slight chance so we might see him at least for awhile in the next ep. But probably not for long.

I'm also enjoying the show more this season. There is more medicine generally and less bed hopping angst, and McDreamy is almost bearable when he isn't paired with the lesser Grey. I also like Lexie, and since the acting of so many of the other principals is strong the show is back in my good graces again (Seattle Grace pun intended.) Not so much with Ugly Betty I'm afraid So you gave up on House G?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:48 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I used to watch House only occasionally, but I try to watch more regularly since I saw Sela Ward is on it.
As for the artery blowing, indeed that was obviously going to happen, though for the life of me I don´t understand why, but I was not paying attention to what McSquarejawy was yapping about. A normal carotid artery would not blow like that just because skin was the only thing to cover it. If it was that fragile, why the hell wait for it to blow and not operate right away. It really makes no sense whatsoever. Lastly, even if that artery was so frail it was going to rupture, there is no reason why it would breach the skin. Seeing as it did, he does not have a lot of time for Lexi to unfreeze and stick her finger in the hole.
Is that writer strike still going strong? If so how many episodes do we have left?

Mrs. Cartman: Well, I know a little kitty who is sleeping with Mommy tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:58 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Two. Which is even worse than I thought. The two sides are back at the bargaining table tomorrow (26th). You can expect either a quick settlement to come out of that, or a very long strike. A good thing I have lots of dvd's I haven't got around to watching yet..

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:57 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I just downloaded and watched episode 4.12 and 4.13
If anyone here is still watching I am curious to know what you think of the sudden Erica Hahn and Callie Torres "are they, will they or won´t they" thing that is happening. Now that the thought occurred to Callie thanks to Addison it seems clear she is indeed attracted to Erica but not so comfortable with that feeling yet, hence the over the top Ally McBeal-like I am all about the penis declaration and subsequent humping of McSteamy. Judging from the final comments and looks by Erica in the bar that attraction is mutual. I really really like both characters an enormous deal and am a wee bit wary about how they will deal with this and whether it is all just a big tease or whether they will make Callie act like an ass some more.

It was nice to see Clea Duvall again, I would like to see her play a less tragic character next time though. Anyway, I was glad to see new episodes, the show still has enough humor, pace and wonderful characters to keep me very interested and I did not mind that I was not completely in hate with McDreamy this time, though I wish he would stop operating on people. They keep dropping like flies on his table. Ok, I know they are high risk to begin with and he has to do what the angry scriptwriters make him do, but still, if he is the best than I would hate to see the number of tombstones his lesser colleagues have in their graveyards.

Last edited by urnofosiris on Tue May 06, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:51 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Hi G :bigwave Yeah, I'm still watching it too. I actually had a conversation with a friend just last week who had given up on the show entirely because of a supposed drop in quality. I had to say that to me it seemed that the show had recovered somewhat from the lowpoints of a season or so ago, when it was dreadful. My friend also said that he thought the show would be better if they just dropped the medical aspect altogether. Can't go along with that either, but it certainly is the weakest part of the show. I don't know which is worse, having McDreamy magically save patients or having them all die on him.

As to what will happen between Callie and Erica, I hope they do something and suspect they will, but this is American network tv, so let's not place any bets. At any rate with this developpment and the one on Gossip Girl this week there are some interesting things happening for a change.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:31 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Quote:
I had to say that to me it seemed that the show had recovered somewhat from the lowpoints of a season or so ago, when it was dreadful.

You were saying? Image

The latest episode (ep 4.14 I mean) bored the living daylights out of me. So help me, when the fuck are they going to STOP recycling the Shepard/Grey relationship drama. Ok, I obviously never liked either of these characters or actors, so that may be why I never saw any chemistry there at all, but really -even if I were to concede that they do sparkle like a big gay Christmas tree- that "we have to be perfectly in sync shit" (which was medically ridiculous, but whatever) during that brain surgery was not only a bigger cliche than the poor military gay boy with the homophobic father dying story, it actually disgusted me. It was like they were having mental sex when they -and we as viewers- should have been rather more worried about the fact that there was a life and death story happening there. I am so sick of the two of them. It has been going on since episode one, enough is enough. The only reason why I would want them to hook up now is because nurse Rose is way too good for that shithead, he and Mweh deserve each other.
Callie kept acting like an ass, but I have hopes it will stop before they assassinate her character. There were a few amusing scenes, as always, but ye gods, this was a stinker.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:19 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Yeah, it was bad. The lines about her trying not to thinkof his tongue in her mouth? Possibly a new lowpoint. So that whole part of the show was a dead loss, that's a given. And they killed the subplot with Christina, I didn't buy the singing part at all. Doesn't leave much, does it? I live in hope that they won't kill my love for at least some of these characters before the season is over. (Which must be very soon.) And still, I didn't hate it as much as some of those earlier ep's, which only goes to show much I cringe at the memory of them.

I should end on a positive note. Um. The weather here is really nice today, G.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:51 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Ah bless you, we too have been having a great week weather-wise, 25 degrees + celcius and not a cloud in the sky. And this in the Netherlands where we used to have about 20 different ways to say "it´s raining". Eat my shorts Al Gore, bring on global warming, I am getting a great tan and it is not even June yet. Unfortunately tomorrow they´re expecting thunder and rain. Heh, this reminds me of the olden days on the Kitten when certain people enjoyed discussing the weather and the migrational patterns of butterflies in the daily threads.

Anyway, I had missed that tongue comment thank heavens or I probably would have posted a few not so nice comments for a change. That writer strike befuddled my memory, I don´t remember what happened at the start of this season, hum, maybe I should rewatch the episodes. Despite my continuing bitching about the couple from hell and despite some of the other melodrama fetched from a galaxy far far away, I look forward to each episode. Most of the characters are too good to be ruined. I am bummed Addison was not back to stay (I never did attempt to download her spin off, I assume it has not been cancelled yet), but Erica Hahn is such a gem, I am not really missing her all that much.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:08 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Addison's show will indeed be back next season, so perhaps you should break down over the summer and watch a bunch of them. It is a pretty bad show mind you. There were a couple of ok scenes in this last Grey's ep, I still like the new improved Grey sister better than the old annoying model. And some of the other characters are good for a moment or two of enjoyable snarkiness in every episode. So I keep watching. But I'll never buy any dvd's. The show just isn't that good.

Haven't seen any butterflies yet this season (or as I apparently called them as a toodler, flutterbys.) Obviously I'm not spending enough time outdoors studying the migration patterns and working on an early tan. My loss.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:40 am 
28. Com...plete

Wasn't the elevator scene at the end of last nights ep hilarious?
"See I told you, that you couldn't handle both of us" ;-)
The look on both their faces was just great, especially hers...hmmm one gets the feeling she may have liked it

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:09 pm 
28. Com...plete

Now that is how you do a rockin' season finale...

"Shut up and let me operate" awesome

And Callie and Erica! :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky

Excellent finale overall :kgeek

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:22 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I love Erica and I like Callie, but I think their attraction came so much out of the blue and their proximity to Sloane is unsettlling.

I would love to see Hahn warming up to Christina and falling for her. That would make total sense of the way she has been treating her operation-wise. Hahn/Yang could have the potential to be one hot couple, instead of one made of two hot women. There's a difference.

But maybe it's just me.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:43 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
I am not a fan of this show but one of my bestest friends and my partner are big fans so I've watched a lot of this show. I haven't watched this season but probably will once my gf gets back to LA. I was quickly updated on the happenings and I guess I found it surprising. I guess I will see how it plays out next year to see how I really feel about it. Still nice to see the issue on a major show.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:00 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

The attraction has been sudden, but I don´t mind that really. I love both characters, I think this could work. I am not worried about them and McSteamy, he seemed actually acting pretty decent as soon as he realized his joking about Erica and Callie was not a joke to her at all.

That clinical trial is ridiculous in the extreme, I am somewhat mollified that it was actually acknowledged that you simply can´t keep on going killing patients, not even if they are dying anyway. I could understand the virus not working for everyone and them dying anyway, but every single person dying in the OR? Oh well, must not take it too seriously, but I´ll be glad if it´s over, I am disgusted that every operation and patient was just another excuse for those two to act out their relationship issues,

As it is, I am relieved Mweh and the Grim Reaper are hooking up for good now. I can´t see them breaking up yet again, that would be too much would it not. Their boring on again off again ping ponging melodramatic whiny angst should no longer waste much screentime. I only hope they will keep nurse Rose around and give her a storyline and not have disappear into naught as if she were just another relationship prop.

The guy in the cement story was amusing and not at all a little ridiculous either, I kept wondering how he was going to take a piss, yeah, that is easy enough to forget. Not. Anyho, Bailey is cool, I love Bailey. Bailey and nurse Rose should hook up...

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:34 pm 
12. Recently Gay

On the whole I liked the seaon finale. The big part I didn't like was the boring Grey and McDreamy hooking up again. I kept hoping that it was some sort of dream/nightmare sequence, and someone would wake up and realize it hadn't really happened. I wish I could share your confidence G that this will mean less of the endless pointless screen time they take up, but I'm not that optimistic.

Most of the rest was pretty good, even George and Izzy, who normally bore the crap out of me. They really moved the plot along didn't they? Too bad they waited so long to do it, but at least we didn't have to wait for the beginning of next season. And I'm all for Callie and Hahn being together, that was good to see. .Rose is cool, the younger Grey is funny and cute and the cement thing was actaully quite interesting. They did telegraph the clinic trial results of course, but I'm glad that someone lived and that it was the girl who they finally failed to kill. I guess I'll have to watch it for another season.

Last edited by seurat on Thu May 29, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:23 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

From an Entertainment Weekly article:

Quote:
“Callie and Erica have an undeniable chemistry,” says Rhimes. “And watching the story unfold is something the writers are looking forward to. I wanted to illuminate their relationship in the same way we do all relationships on the show — it will be ­funny, sweet, honest, and a little bit dirty.”

Nice that there's at least an acknowledgment that the relationship needs to be explored similarly to the hetero couples on the show... and I love the "little bit dirty" part for sure!

As an aside... while I'm stoked to finally have some lesbo action on what is probably my favorite show on television today, I still can't see Brooke Smith (Hahn) without saying aloud to the TV: "It places the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again!"

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:02 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Quote:
but I'm glad that someone lived and that it was the girl who they finally failed to kill.

I am glad they did not kill her either, I liked her, which is more than I can say about her mother. I got really annoyed by yet another parental unit placing their own comfort -under the disguise of protecting an adult child- above the feelings of said child. Anyho, I just want to take a little guess that she will be back next season, pregnant and all.

Quote:
I still can't see Brooke Smith (Hahn) without saying aloud to the TV: "It places the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again!"

Ha! For real, I had no idea she was the girl in the pit. :shock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:56 am 
12. Recently Gay

Topics: 1
ktv wrote:
I still can't see Brooke Smith (Hahn) without saying aloud to the TV: "It places the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again!"

Damn, I always wondered why her face was so familiar, I can't believe I didn't connect to that.

Rumours are going round that Katherine Heigl's character Izzy is to be killed off after the actors comments about last season re the lack of good story line for her character. Heigl stated this as a reason for declining her Emmy nomination.

http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_gol ... omy-h.html

Last edited by Paint the Sky on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:41 pm 
12. Recently Gay

But now the producer has said for the record that she'll be back and they have a major storyline for her. We'll have to see if that lasts.I suspect the show would be ok without her, but they'd rather keep her if they can. Her comments were a bit unprofessional but she wasn't wrong either. The writing on the show varies from ok to horrible, the actors are what keeps the show a hit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:44 pm 
3. Flaming O

Yes that was a rocking season finale, I am so looking forward to the nest and I'm glad that they are continuing with the story line. Callie is so attractive.

What's up with Katherine Hiegl anyway?

"Malayong lupain, amin mang marating, hindi magbabago ang damdamin."

"The people should not be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of their people."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:29 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
It took us the summer but we're caught up, having watched the first four seasons on DVD. We actually had time to spare but had to wait for the season 4 DVD to come out. The two scenes with Erica & Callie in the season opener were quite cute. I don't know what the deal is with their hair though. Erica's is better but Callie's is a bit strange. Anyway, I'm glad that they're both being open about not knowing what to think about their relationship.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:17 am 
3. Flaming O

Too bad it's not showing here until October 13, I thought of depending on DSL to stream the pilot episode but I've decided that I'll rather wait.

"The people should not be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of their people."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:50 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 8
Well it was certainly a good story last night!

The flood sequences were riveting, as well as the "new" policies instituted by the Chief.

The development of the Erica/Callie relationship continues to be of interest, and it will be fascinating for them to figure out "who they are/what they have".

I certainly hope that George passes his test!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:18 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Well, now that he passed his test, don't you wish he hadn't?
I mean I love George, but poor, poor Lexie.

Bailey's metaphor had me giggling. Motherland all right.

The way Erica looks are Callie is sweet. I refuse to say anything else on the matter.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:12 pm 
3. Flaming O

I can't continue my WT fic because I'm currently in the Callica zone (sorry if you hate those stupid names). Brooke Smith's voice is just so HOT!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:27 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

It was nice for the Erica/Callie storyline to get so much attention the other night and Bailey was of course the best part. The look on her face while Callie talked and talked was just fantastic and then the Motherland? Knowing where the embassy is? Awesome. And Callie showing up at dinner looking so hot and making that speech cracked me up. I'm just waiting for Christine hating Callie's "best friend" turning into Christine hating Callie's girlfriend. Why don't they ever go to Erica's house? Surely the head of cardiothorasic surgery has a nice place. But they hang out with Christine? That makes no sense.

The only thing is that ... seriously, how much planning needs to go into it? I mean once you figure out that you like a girl, (given that you're like an adult and not a virgin), can't you just sort of experiment and figure it all out? And not over like months?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:46 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

It's a little hard to decide whether to be offended or just confused by the happenings. I mean ok, Erica and Callie slept together and then Callie was all upset over it. And it turned out that it wasn't that she didn't like it so much as it was that she just wanted to be really great at it. But still... I don't know any women who didn't take to sex with women like, well, a duck to water or whatever. I mean really? I feel terrible for Erica who seems to be really smitten (who wouldn't be; Callie = total hottie) and seems to be working on realizing that she's actually a lesbian but Callie seems about ready to head back to boystown. I guess the end was encouraging for them but I'm just... I want it to be easier for them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:24 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Topics: 1
I agree with Callie..I admit I was scared to go to the Motherland at first. I even told my partner I was scared. But once it happened it was magical..and i never would take it back. I kind of find it offended that Callie went to McSteamy for the tongue action advice. but i also find it very hot when callie told hahn to take off her pants very very good. i hope this relationship expands to a great one

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:45 am 
5. Willowhand

No more Erica Hahn.

No more Callica.

Oh well, I only watched this season of Grey's Anatomy for this couple. Now I don't have to anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:22 pm 
12. Recently Gay

That's despicable on the part of ABC. Unlike you I was watching the show from the beginning, but this will make me rethink whether it is worth my attention any more.