The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:10 am 
10. Troll Hammer

G'day all. I found this potentially good news while trawling the Net, and thought I would share it with any Kittens who are fans of Terry Pratchett.

Apparently, a live action movie version of 'Wee Free Men' is in the works, and is supposed to be directed by Sam Raimi, of Spiderman, Evil Dead and Xena: Warrior Princess fame.

For those who don't know, Wee Free Men is the tale of a young girl who must battle the denizens of Faerie, armed with a frying pan and assisted by the Mac Nac Feegle, a clan of bright blue faeries who are about six inches tall, drink like fish, steal everything that they find, whether it's nailed down or not, and fight like the Irish and English.

Bear in mind, this isn't concrete, and likely won't happen for a few years yet, it it actually ever does, but damn, wouldn't it be cool!

I'll attach the link to the report I found about this if anyone is interested.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060110b.php

Cheers,
Paul.