The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1079 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Movie Trivia Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:28 pm 
Hey all, Since I can never figure out the song lyrics on the music trivia thread I decided to go with another realm of media that I know a little better

It works the same way as the music thread, but you use a movie quote instead of song lyrics

When answering name the actor who says it and the title of the movie

Here's one to start it off

"This is the first of the ninth son, air cav, air mobile.

Now we can take and pick your boat right up out of

the water and put it down just anywhere you like young captain."

Here's a hint if you need it It's a Xander favorite

Lifes a bowl of punch G'head and spike it-Nick Hexum

Post subject: Re: Movie Trivia Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:46 pm 
Hmm this thread moved while I was trying to reply to it, which was rater disconcerting :shock

Well the actor is Robert Duvall and the film is Apocalypse Now

so am I right in thinking I now give my own quote? (I haven't read the music thread so I'm not certain.)

"1,2,3,4

You're the one that I adore,

I want you to be my mate,

I won't take no any more,

don't run from me, this is fate."

Postel's Prescription: Be generous in what you accept, rigorous in what you emit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:59 pm 
The actress is Natasha Lyonne and the movie is But I'm a Cheerleader.

"I'm the servant of the secret fire,

wielder of the flame of Anor.

The dark fire will not avail you!

Flame of Udûn!"

Firebird: One Browser To Rule Them All.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:10 pm 
Pff easy, Ian McCellan (Gandalf) in Fellowship of the Ring

"God damn it, that's not all!! 'Cause if one of those things get down here then that will be all! And all this bullshit that you think is so important, you can kiss all that goodbye!"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:17 pm 
Yeah, that'll have to be Aliens, Sigourney Weaver says it.

"Its not like you have a husbond! Unless you're married to Jesus!"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:13 pm 
That would be Cruel Intentions with Ryan Phillippe as Sebastian.

"And to think there was a time when I actually thought you were cool! Man, if you can't deal with me now, then just stay home and shoot your TV. Blow up a couple of toasters or something. Just don't come to school, and don't mess with me!"

And there were times when I’d say something, anything, to make you smile or maybe believe that there’s reasons for the rain that’s falling. There’s something bigger here than you and me. So close your eyes, hold out your hands. We’ll find a way if we have to pretend. The seasons change, but the feelings don’t fade. I’ll never forget that night last May.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:54 pm 
The movie is Heathers, but I'm not sure who says it. If that's good enough, then here's mine:

"If I told you that I loved you, would you take it the wrong way?"

If that's too hard, let me know and I'll pick another one.

Jen

||My Fan Fiction and More!|| ||My Yahoo Group||
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"We wants it, we needs it. Must have the Precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!" ~ Gollum, "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:03 pm 
Quote:
The movie is Heathers, but I'm not sure who says it.

Holy crap! :shock You don't know who says it? You've seen Heathers right? Think main character and one of her pivotal moments.

And there were times when I’d say something, anything, to make you smile or maybe believe that there’s reasons for the rain that’s falling. There’s something bigger here than you and me. So close your eyes, hold out your hands. We’ll find a way if we have to pretend. The seasons change, but the feelings don’t fade. I’ll never forget that night last May.

Edited by: unionjill30 at: 1/15/04 6:04 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:01 pm 
Foxfire - Angelina Jolie

I know this one's fairly easy, but this is kind of the new catch phrase among my friends and me lately.

"Me, me, me, me, me."

"Me, too"

"Some men see things as they are and say,'why?' I dream things that never were and say, 'why not?'"

- Robert F. JFK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:38 pm 
tsk tsk, play fairly now! ;)

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Hard work often pays off after time but laziness always pays off now!"

Edited by: xita  at: 1/15/04 7:39 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:57 pm 
Hee... :lol No, Sarah, I haven't seen the movie. I cheated and used Google, but I couldn't figure out who actually said the line. :shy

Jen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"We wants it, we needs it. Must have the Precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!" ~ Gollum, "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:04 pm 
"Yes, ma'am!" :kiss

Jen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:15 pm 
"me, me, me, me" "me too" is Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith) from The Matrix Reloaded

"I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:30 pm 
That would be the Dad in Mary Poppins. Can't recall his name, tho.

"He would pack up our sometimes working car and he would tell me amazing stories abuot strange and exotic lands as we headed out to exciting destinations like... Milwaukee. It's amazing how exotic Wisconsin... isn't."

Edit: forgot my quotation marks.

Catie

When I'm 130 years old, I want a pill that makes me so happy and so unself-conscious and so randy I'm willing to make love to my fuzzy bed slippers on my front lawn and yodel at the same time. -- Scott Adams from Dilbert and the way of the Weasel

Edited by: SySnootles at: 1/15/04 9:32 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:35 pm 
Another blast from the 80s past with Warduke. That's The Lost Boys with Edward Herrmann as Max.

"It would be nice to think that since I was 14, times have changed. Relationships have become more sophisticated. Females less cruel. Skins thicker. Instincts more developed. But there seems to be an element of that afternoon in everything that's happened to me since. All my romantic stories are a scrambled version of that first one."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:54 pm 
Quote:
"I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."

That's Morgan Freeman from "The Shawshank Redemption." Love that movie.

________
"...the sharks got smarter."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:02 pm 
That would be from High Fidelity

"When you deposit tuppence in a bank account

Soon you'll see

That it blooms into credit of a generous amount

Semiannually

And you'll achieve that sense of stature

As your influence expands

To the high financial strata

That established credit now commands"

Sorry for the lameness but I'm watching this movie as I type this.

Gina

----------

"I wish they would only take me as I am." ~~~ Vincent Van Gogh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:48 am 
Thats While You Were Sleeping, Sandra Bullock...

"Do what I do. Just remind yourself that in a hundred years you're gonna be dead. It's the closest thing I've got to a philosophy."

I dont know how many kittens know that movie, but as a hint, just think, 'road trip'.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:46 pm 
Steve Zahn in Joy Ride

"Just hang in there, baby, you're doing' great, Ringo's proud of you and so am I. It's almost over, Now I want you to go in that bag and find my wallet."

Edited by: Footman311 at: 1/16/04 5:46 pm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:27 pm 
Samuel L. Jackson as Jules in Pulp Fiction.

"Do you mean to tell me, ---, that Tara, that land doesn't mean anything to you? Why it's the only thing worth fighting for, worth dying for! Because it's the only thing that lasts."

I omitted the name with the (---) because that would just be a dead giveaway. This is my favorite movie of all time.

It's okay to be angry and never let go. It only gets harder the more that you know. When you get lonely if no one's around you know that I'll catch you when you're falling down. We came together but you left alone, and I know how it feels to walk out on your own. Maybe someday I will see you again, and you'll look me in my eyes and call me your friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:10 pm 
Gone With The Wind.

This one should be easy.

"It's strange to suddenly realize that what you thought was your life is actually someone else's fabrication."

"Learning, playing and loving, and combinations thereof,are a good way to spend a lifetime. Admittedly, a difficult regimen, but nonetheless not beyond attainment.

Start with playing." - Alexei Panshin, The Thurb Revolution

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:38 pm 
Movies Blade Runner... cant put my finger on who said it though.. god im pissed now

"I've never seen that...I've never seen anyone drive their garbage down to the end of the drive way and then bang the hell out of it with a stick I-I've never seen that."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:29 pm 
Great movie. Tom Hanks as Ray Peterson in The Burbs.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing--"

It's okay to be angry and never let go. It only gets harder the more that you know. When you get lonely if no one's around you know that I'll catch you when you're falling down. We came together but you left alone, and I know how it feels to walk out on your own. Maybe someday I will see you again, and you'll look me in my eyes and call me your friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:43 pm 
That would be Jeff Bridges from the movie The Big Lebowski.

"Camille, I'd love to see you in the moonlight with your head thrown back and your body on fire."

Firebird: One Browser To Rule Them All.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:57 pm 
Rachael Crawford as Petra in When Night is Falling! OOh yeah baby that's the line brian :grin

Oh yeah that's the line!

"Dimmy...why you do this to me Dimmy"

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Hard work often pays off after time but laziness always pays off now!"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:03 am 
Oooh, Brian. That was a good one! :drool

Jen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:41 am 
Father Karras's mother in The Exorcist.

"Go on you old bee charmer. Tell me a story."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:46 pm 
Mary-Louise Parker in Fried Green Tomatoes...

"Now that I realize I've just been suffering from a simple psychotic depression, I feel strangely empowered."

Life can suck, but at least there's chocolate - Cicca

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:07 pm 
Love & Other Catastrophes - Mia said it to her therapist..

"I've never seen a guy so green have the blues so bad. "

skittles

The world isn't worse than it used to be... the news coverage we get is just a lot better..

.. ok, there's a lot more of it, but it's not necessarily better quality news..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:28 pm 
MUPPETS!!! That's from The Muppet Movie. I think Rowlf the Dog says it, so that would mean Jim Henson's voice. I'm not 100% positive on that, but I'll go with Rowlf.

"Here it goes: I sped, I followed too closely, I ran a stop sign, I almost hit a Chevy, I sped some more, I failed to yield at a crosswalk, I changed lanes in the intersection, I changed lanes without signaling while running a red light and speeding!"

You say it’s your first time backstage at the Troubadour, but I get the feeling that’s been said by you before. You’re very slick when you’re not being coy, but I’m on to your tricks and I’m wise to your ploys. And I bet you say that to all the boys. You’re quite good at telling me just what I want to hear, and you do a bit more than just talk that much is clear.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1079 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next