The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 426 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Veronica Mars
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:47 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Wow! Tonight's ep kept me on the edge of my seat.

I am glad Veronica is alert enough to turn on the alarm. The rapist is in really big trouble now! Veronica will make that person pay.

Keith makes the correct decision and ends the affair with Harmony, but not before he is blackmailed by Vinnie Van Lowe. He really stepped into it when he continued things in the first place.

I missed Wallace!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:48 pm 
19. Yummy Face

The news we have been waiting for!!!!! :bounce :bounce :bounce

The CW is keeping its cult-favorite series "Veronica Mars" and "One Tree Hill" for the remainder of the 2006-07 season.

The netlet has asked for seven additional episodes of the former and eight of the latter.

Both numbers fall short of the industry standard of a "full season" as each series began the fall with a 13-episode commitment.

To date this season, "Hill" and "Mars" are averaging 3.31 million viewers and 3.08 million viewers respectively, both slightly above their averages at this point last season (3.26 million for "Hill" and 3.01 million for "Mars").

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:15 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Great news and about time.

Mrs. Cartman: Well, I know a little kitty who is sleeping with Mommy tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:02 am 
8. Vixen

This is good news indeed.

But something has been bugging me this season so far....

Where is Mac?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:22 pm 
12. Recently Gay

That's great, I was hoping we'd hear something soon. I still think with those numbers we're a longshot to get another season, but hey, we'll take what we can get.

I think Mac's absence is explained on the previous page of the thread in the TV Guide article. She's due back, what next week or the week after? Can't be soon enough.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:24 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Basically, Tina has been working on two shows. She will be more involved later in this season. She is in the first two eps of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:40 pm 
19. Yummy Face

There are a lot of clues to the rapes in this ep, and I know Veronica is going to get to the bottom of things.

Chip Diller deserves everything he gets. He is slime

I am looking forward to next week. The previews look promising.

EDITED TO COMMENT ON TONIGHT'S SPECTACULAR EP: "Spit and Eggs"

The best ep this season!

I am happy to see all the regulars in this ep. Mac and Piz are completely hilarious, and Mac and Wallace both try to be there for Veronica. That is what best friends are for, and I want to see more of this.

So Mercer is the rapist afterall, and Moe is the set up guy.

I hate that Dean O'Dell is the person who gets killed. He is really cool, and I will certainly miss him. Now, we will have to wonder what happened.

What do you all think Logan will do since he is locked up with the perpetrators?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:02 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 1
Yay! Mac returns! :bounce She parties about as well as I do... :lol

Yay! Veronica solves the rapist mystery! :bounce

And of course there's a new mystery brewing already. I'm going to miss the dean, though...

My Author Website - http://www.rablack.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:24 am 
19. Yummy Face

I loved Mac's shirt which says "Ask Me About My STD."

I guess she wants to make sure no one bothers her although it doesn't work completely. I also find it refreshing she doesn't drink or party like some college students.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:58 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

The Rose24 wrote:
I I also find it refreshing she doesn't drink or party like some college students.

i don't know that you can really make that assumption based on the fact that she doesn't drink at a party where a serial rapist is on the loose and she's trying to help catch him.

this was a phenomenal episode. my heart was pounding for that last fifteen minutes. while i normally can't stand logan, i loved that he got himself thrown in the clink to avenge his (ex) woman. i'm looking forward to the next arch, but like the rest of you, sad to see that wacky dean go. he was one of the few people at hearst who actually like veronica!

Last edited by kisstheviolets on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:23 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I was a little disappointed at the episode after all the lead up.
Spoiler:
I think that it being Mercer and Moe
was too obvious. True, I hadn't pegged it at being the two of them together, but both had been suspects in my books and I had written them off on the point that they were way too obvious on their own.

I loved Logan in this episode, though. As soon as he breaks up with Veronica, he's just THAT much more interesting to me! I am rooting for a Piz/Veronica, or maybe an on-and-off LoVe fling throughout the rest of the season.

Wallace got a freakin' haircut!

diamondforever's fanfiction archive

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:52 pm 
19. Yummy Face

MORE GREAT NEWS!
BEST EVER "VERONICA MARS" AND SEASON HIGHS FOR "GILMORE GIRLS" LEAD THE CW TO STRONGEST TUESDAY TO DATE

"Veronica Mars" Scores Its Best Ratings EVER in Adults 18-34 and 18-49; Attracts Second Largest Audience in Series History

"[b]Veronica Mars" Reaches New Season High in All Categories

"Gilmore Girls" Hits New Season Highs in Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49

The CW Posts Double-Digit Week-to-Week Growth on Tuesday

November 29, 2006 (Burbank, CA) -- "Veronica Mars" delivered its best ratings ever in adults 18-34 (2.0/6) and adults 18-49 (1.6/4-tie), and "Gilmore Girls" climbed to new season highs in adults 18-34 (2.5/8) and adults 18-49 (2.2/6), according to preliminary live plus same day Nielsen ratings for Tuesday, Nov. 28.

The CW posted its best Tuesday to date in all categories, including adults 18-34 (2.3/7), women 18-34 (3.2/8), adults 18-49 (1.9/5), women 18-49 (2.6/6) and viewers (4.2mil).

In addition to its series highs, "Veronica Mars" also delivered its second largest audience ever (3.5mil) and second highest ratings in women 18-34 (2.6/7-tie) and women 18-49 (2.0/5-tie). "Veronica" hit season highs in all categories.

Last edited by The Rose24 on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:04 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Yeah, the numbers were great for this ep and some people are even talking about a fourth season, which is something I hadn't even dared to hope for until now. Still seems unlikely, but at least with these numbers there might be a chance.

As for the ep, first let us pause and give thanks for the return of Mac. Sigh. Hard to believe how much better I feel about the show just because of her, it really needs the injection of energy and good spirit that she delivers. Loved that scene when she picks the soft drink cup, like she would ever consider drinking anything else in that place. Also loved the scene where she accepts the booze poured by that guy, checks it for drugs and then dumps it without even looking at him. Perfect.

I was satisfied with the identity of the rapists, but not all that impressed. It was an ok resolution, I just hoped for something more surprising. I was a little sorry to see the Dean killed, but it will make for a strong mystery arc when we come back. And I'm glad to see VM and Logan finally broken up, maybe Veronica will get her spirit back and become the old likeable Veronica again without him. Anyway, as long as they keep Mac front and centre I'll be happy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:33 pm 
3. Flaming O

My money at the moment is on the T.A. as having killed the dean. But I am probably wrong.

But if it is the TA he can use veronica plan and put her in hot water. The Dean at two or what ever in the morning would not have let the professor get into position to make the shot look like suicide. The dean's wife or the TA may have claimed some business so important that the dean did not throw them out of his office till the next day.

Last edited by werewolf123 on Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:57 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I am with you on that, werewolf123! Even though I may have pinned it down to "too obvious" before...not anymore. My bet is in the hat. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:58 pm 
12. Recently Gay

You're both probably right. But, just for fun, I'll take the prof that his wife was cheating with as my suspect. Remember he knows even more about crime investigations and how to throw them off as the TA, and now he has a motive...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:48 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Didn't the Dean kill off the Criminology Professor? Because he stormed into the room with the gun, but then the next time we see him, he's sleeping on his couch again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:23 pm 
12. Recently Gay

I'm guessing that he didn't end up killing either of them, since we didn't see anything actually happen there.Also, if the prof and his wife are both dead, doesn't leave us with a lot of other suspects does it? Pretty much the TA and the angry female students who figure he doublecrossed them with his vote on the frat expulsion. (Also remember when the Dean wakes up and goes to the door there is a shot of his window which appears to show more eggs being thrown at it. Either they are actually thrown by the women, or by someone who wants to pin the shooting on them.)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:08 pm 
19. Yummy Face

The murderer may be one of the ladies from The Lilith House because they are pretty upset when The Dean reinstates the Greek System. I hope not because a lot of people think feminists are evil.

I was disappointed when they admitted to faking some of the rapes though. Rape is nothing to play with.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:24 am 
3. Flaming O

I don"t suppose Tanya killed the dean?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:12 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

An interview with Rob Thomas was posted on eonline.com, here it is.

He says the dean did not kill his wife and her lover, for whatever that is worth.

I really want one of those shirts that Mac had, "Ask me about my STD." Heh.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:57 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Finally! New Veronica MarsI think tonight's ep is Hilarious.

First, I love how PHAT fools Veronica and Mac into thinking they are going to pose nude with those signs.

Second, Mac plays a very big role in the ep. She is Veronica's sidekick and computer whiz once again. They really do work well together, and Ooo la la ! There is romance in the air for her.

Third, Poor Piz. He really has it bad and really thinks he and Veronica makes some progress. Open your eyes Veronica! Piz is the perfect guy for you!

Fourth, Where is Wallace? I really miss him when he is not around

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:38 pm 
5. Willowhand

Random thoughts & responses:

A light, but very funny episode I thought, and probably a good way to come back from hiatus.

But curse them for making me think of Veronica and Mac posing together in the nude! Curse them! :kdevil

I liked the stuff with Mac too. Tina M. has a quality that reminds me of Alyson Hannigan as Willow especially in the first couple years of Buffy, where if anyone's mean to her you just hate them. I'm still divided on whether or not I think she's going to turn out to be gay, though...

As for Piz, nice guy, and I would have been perfectly happy to see him as rebound guy...but when Logan opened the door and saw Veronica standing there I was singing "Happy Happy, Joy Joy." I'm often still surprised by how much I like them together.

I guess Wallace is wherever Mac was for those couple of episodes or whatever it was.

I saw the thieves identity coming (Ebert's Rule of the Unmotivated Closeup helped), but again, this wasn't a heavy mystery episode.

House: "Another life saved by girl-on-girl action."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:58 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Many scenes with Mac = hugely enjoyable ep. Remember that equation RT. The other thing that sticks with me a couple of days later is...suicide? You've got to be kidding. I'm amazed that they imagine even the less than inspiring local law enforcement wouldn't have seen through that. I do think the Dean's wife is off the hook though, if she'd been involved in this she wouldn't have wanted the suicide choice.

I'm afraid I'm in the Piz camp here (or of course, even better, the Mac camp!), and I groaned when I saw Veronica with Logan yet again. Been there, done that, repeatedly. But at least Mac is looking like she's going to be with someone again. Loved the gag with the shirts and the photo setup, and the Canada stuff of course. Barenaked Ladies, mounties and "eh" and "aboot." They know us so well. Not so much actually, but I did laugh, even as I was wishing my country wasn't seen as the obvious last pick for a party theme choice. Sigh. So much for all those articles saying our cool factor was going up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:29 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Were you offended by the Canadian references? There are some people who were.

I think Rob is justing making fun of the Canadian stereotypes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:46 pm 
12. Recently Gay

No, certainly not offended. I just wish they (you? Americans in general anyway) knew more about us than the stereotypes, they do get tiresome.But, hey, at least no hockey jokes. Or living in igloos. I could go on.

Back to the ep, does anyone else find it a little disturbing that Parker keeps referencing her rape in an apparently light hearted way? Maybe it's just me. I also found Dick sort of funny this ep, so it could be I'm just coming down with something.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:36 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Ben Varkentine wrote:
Tina M. has a quality that reminds me of Alyson Hannigan as Willow especially in the first couple years of Buffy, where if anyone's mean to her you just hate them.

I've been referring to Mac as "Willow Rosenberg's cynical younger cousin" from her very first appearance.

Count me among those who are really tired of the whole Veronica/Logan saga. And it looks like next week they'll be off-again and angsty... again...

Last edited by BBOvenGuy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:41 pm 
5. Willowhand

Bob Black wrote:

Quote:
Count me among those who are really tired of the whole Veronica/Logan saga.

Weirdos. Maybe if somebody could name me one thing, just one thing, that Piz has ever done to deserve Veronica's love? Epsecially compared to the many times Logan has come through for her when she least expected it.

Yes, he's a nice guy, but he's also a bit of a damp squib. Logan is neither, and IMO he's shown that he truly loves her, and therefore deserves Veronica Mars' heart.

I rest my case. :smug

On another topic, according to the new EW, the last five episodes of this season are being planned as stand-alone with no big mystery connecting them. No word on whether they'll be heavy character episodes, but here's hoping.

House: "Another life saved by girl-on-girl action."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:35 pm 
19. Yummy Face

I am not even going to start my list of reasons why Veronica can do a lot better than Logan. I would be here all day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:36 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Ben Varkentine wrote:
Bob Black wrote:

Quote:
Count me among those who are really tired of the whole Veronica/Logan saga.

Weirdos. Maybe if somebody could name me one thing, just one thing, that Piz has ever done to deserve Veronica's love?

Um, excuse me, but since you're quoting me I have to ask - Where in my post do I say anything at all about Piz? I don't really care who does or doesn't "deserve Veronica's love." I'm just tired of the routine where Veronica and Logan go through one artificial angst-fest after another because someone on the staff thinks the show needs more "drama." I had the same problem with Lorelai and Luke on Gilmore Girls (which is why I don't watch that show any more), and I see it developing with Apollo and Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica.

I don't mind being called a weirdo, but if you're going to call me that, you could at least do it for the right reasons...

Last edited by BBOvenGuy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 426 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next