The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:15 am 
9. Gay Now

Hi Sleepy, great thread for your first post :)

Tom Baker was the Doctor as I was growing up, he's always been my favourite. David Tennant has nearly matched him though. I think Matt looks interesting.

YouTube Interview

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:21 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Have you seen the photoshopped publicity shot? He looks good next to the TARDIS but it's a pity that won't be his costume.

Looks like this is the era of the big hair Doctors. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:55 pm 
9. Gay Now

Apparently they didn't tell the photographer, make-up person, etc, what the photoshoot was for, so that they could keep it secret. That's why they had to Photoshop the TARDIS in afterwards :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:26 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I was little disappointed when I first saw him on Doctor Who Confidential, expecting/hoping for Paterson Joseph, but as soon as I saw that picture of Matt I was happier. He certainly looks the part.

More of Ten to come first though. :-D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:18 pm 
9. Gay Now

Four more Specials :D I can't wait, but then it means he'll be over sooner. They're starting to film on 19th January so should get an idea what the Easter Special is about.

I post on the Doctor Who Forum and PJ was posted about quite a lot. Then the day before Matt was announced his name turned up too, out of nowhere!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:07 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I've been visiting the Doctor Who Forum for a few weeks but I haven't posted there yet. Maybe never will. :shock It's good for keeping up to date on the new DVD and CD releases though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:21 pm 
9. Gay Now

Parts of it can be a bit scary, but it's a cool place in general. :) The New Series section gets a little frantic when announcements are made. I spend a lot of time in the TV section as well, but I avoid The Tenth Planet - very intense in there!!.

I'm there as Feena as well, are you Carabas?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:58 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Yes I'm Carabas there too. I'll keep an eye out for you. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:09 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Good googly-moogly, am *I* the first to comment on DW "Planet of the Dead"? (Saw it on YouTube)

I was unimpressed by Michelle Ryan on the short-lived Bionic Woman. While she was better on her own side of The Pond, the character she was given (Lady Christina Da Souza, the jewel thief) was so derivative (basically, Lara Croft---w/ action elements of the first "Mission Impossible", and "Raiders of the Lost Ark", by god!), that it wasn't much to work with (beyond being obligatorily attracted to The Doctor, that is ;-)).

I rather enjoyed the Fly People---wish they'd survived (on Planet Earth!). The "monsters" of this (special extended holiday) ep, however, while visually somewhat cool, were really rather boring: they eat everything, absorb metal, fly in a swarm until they create another wormhole, repeat!

GG The most interesting thing about this ep, was it's portentious ending---referring to the ending of this Doctor's regeneration, I daresay? :shock Out

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:26 pm 
3. Flaming O

The Monsters didn't even have a name which shows how interesting they were.

One question. Why did the fly people have ear pieces? It's not like they could have used them...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:04 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I didn't think it was one Doctor Who's best episodes but I really liked Christina and Malcolm.

Spoiler:
David and Catherine, standing in for Jonathon Ross on his radio show, said that Donna and Wilf are coming back. :party
:)

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:41 pm 
2. Floating Rose

No offense to Donna...But, I much rather have Martha Jones(aka, Freema Agyeman) return...

And, before it get's posted here...

...Gillian Anderson will NOT be appearing in the new season of "Doctor Who" when it airs next year - Despite numerous rumours on the 'net.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:29 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Topics: 1
TheOriginalLostSoul wrote:
No offense to Donna...But, I much rather have Martha Jones(aka, Freema Agyeman) return...

I'd rather have anyone return, but that's just me.

Last edited by SithLordWiccan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:18 am 
2. Floating Rose

David Tennant; upon leaving his gig as the Doctor; has taken over the hosting duties of the popular PBS drama anthology, "Masterpiece Theatre", next season.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:09 pm 
2. Floating Rose

The new Dr. Who telefilm; "Planet Of The Dead", airs this Sunday.

For those who see it; be advised, it does follow the plot line for the Vin Diesel movie, Pitch Black, pretty closely...

...Oh, Michelle Ryan co-stars with the god doctor! ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:58 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 1
Gee, I go away for a few years, and nobody has anything more to say about Doctor Who? I'd have thought there would be at least a word or two about Madame Vastra and Jenny...

My Author Website - http://www.rablack.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:35 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 4
I remember reading there was some big stink in Asia regarding Vastra & Jenny's "kiss" in Capaldi's first episode. Times have changed so much I had to stop and think, "oh, yeah, I guess they did kiss." Didn't think a thing about it at the time. Time's change, they might someday in Asia, too ... but I'm not sure I would hold my breath (pun intended).

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:28 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Three episodes into the new season, and I'm really enjoying it - the show seems rather relaxed, compared to where they left things (not counting Return of Doctor Mysterio, which felt off-balance) but sure of itself and fun, in a classic Doctor Who kind of way. Sticking to familiar territory, but doing it well. I'm liking Bill very much, particularly that what's coming across most strongly (for me) with her is that the 'special' thing about her isn't some big story arc or concept, but the way they've kept up her smiling when she encounters something new - I liked the idea of that in episode one, and I like that it keeps happening. Compared to the way Clara was introduced with the Impossible Girl arc hanging over her and kind of drowning out a lot of her other characterisation early on, I like that Bill's 'just a companion', and gets to be unique and cool just by being who she is.

Speaking of cool, I picked up the new sonic screwdriver toy yesterday, and it's really nice, rotating light effects and everything.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:37 pm 
18. Breast Gal

So the season had its ups and downs - the Monks 'trilogy' in the middle was pretty weak - but the closing two-parter blew me away. 'World Enough And Time' was a terrific (and fittingly horrific) origin episode for my favourite monsters, but while the specific plot details of the big battle in part two seemed a bit arbitrary, the shot of the last 'survivor' limping painfully across the wasteland was devastating - and then about a minute later I was happy-crying at how it all ended up. I don't often really react emotionally to entertainment, except for the standard 'yeah, kick its ass!' fist pump during a good heroic fight scene, so that was quite an experience.

And while I gather there had been speculation about it, I managed not to hear any, so the stinger teasing the Christmas special got me completely by surprise as it was happening, and I'm overjoyed.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 6:17 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 131
New Doctor announced.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 7:20 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Very excited about this one! Loved him in Sex Education.

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32