The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 577 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: I loved, loved, LOVED this movie!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:49 am 
So, we have a thread for movies we hate, but what about the movies we love? :) I have many of those floating around in my brain, but a few stand out as my favoritist of the few.

First one I guess, would be, “The Legend of Billie Jean.” This movie kicked ass, in my book anyway. Even though it was made in 1985 and I was only five at the time, :shy I still remember watching this. The reason I love it so much, might just be the fact that I think Helen Slater looked totally hot with her hair that short, I’m not sure. :drool The basic plot was okay, I’ve seen better, but it was still good. Billie Jean’s famous line, “Fair is Fair!” was a good message. That’s what I got from it.

Next I guess, would have to be, the Conan movies. The second film, “Conan the Destroyer,” was the better of the two, in my opinion. It might just be my love for Arnold Schwarzenegger, I’m not sure. I’ve grown up on his movies. I loved, “Terminator 2,” and I’m totally hyped about, “Terminator 3: The Rise of the Machines,” which I think is coming out in June. The special effects on T2 blew me away. I think that’s what I loved most about it.

Another movie I love is, “The Beast Master.” It has it’s major :puke moments, but I still like it. I grew up watching this movie as well. Just the idea of someone having the ability to communicate with animals was very cool. Plus, the black leopard. I loved that cat. :grin And the ferret I had, Koto, I named him after the ferret on this movie. I miss him. :sob

Okay, I think I’ll stop now or I could go on and on. There are so many movies to place in this category, it’s unreal.

Hee… I lied! One more. “Foxfire,” 1996, starring Angelina Jolie. Some might consider this movie kind of boring, but I don’t. I can just about quote the whole movie while I’m watching it and I also have my favorite quotes. The best, being, "If you ever put your hands on me again, I'll snip your little nuts off with my toenail clippers!" Hee… :rollin So funny! Sorry guys, if I offend anyone.

The first tattoo I ever got actually came from this movie, same design, too. It’s meaning is very personal to me, which I won’t get into because this isn’t the right place for that. I just loved the whole tattoo scene in the movie. :drool This is the first moment I fell in love with Angelina Jolie, as well, signifying the meaning behind me getting my tattoo.

Anyway…

I think I’ve rambled on enough. There are many other movies that I could list, but I’ll stop here.

So, my question… what are some of your favorite movies and why? The movies I love usually stick with me and have a personal reference to my life somehow. Not all of them, but most. Do any of your favorite movies have a personal meaning to you?

Now that I have labeled myself a big geek, :shy I’m going to go and hide now.

*runs away!*

Jen

||My Fan Fiction and More!|| ||My Yahoo Group||
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"In an episode called, THE BODY, Willow and Tara shared a wonderful screen kiss. I was very proud that I got to represent a real deal lesbian relationship in its entirety on film. It was very meaningful to Alyson and me." ~ Amber Benson

Post subject: Re: I loved, loved, LOVED this movie!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:19 am 
This is a great idea for a thread.

Now which films do I love?

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - This is one of my favourite films ever. It's got lots of cool fighting scenes backed up by a strong, emotional storyline.

Practical Magic - Nicole Kidman in a great film

But I'm A Cheerleader - a very, very funny film :rofl

Apocalypse Now - The best war film ever made, though to be honest I don't like the extra scenes that have been added to the DVD version.

The Lord Of The Rings - Duh

That's just some of the films that I loved, though none of them have any personal meaning to me.

I understand, you should be with the person you l-love

I am

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:45 am 
Ooh, good thread. :)

I just got Much Ado About Nothing on dvd so I decided to watch it last night. I'd forgotten how much I love this movie. It's so rich, the location is absolutely splendid and the acting is second to none. It's kind of nostalgic I think, harkening back to the days when Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh were a great couple and had wonderful chemistry. This play is perfect for exploring and showing that, and there are so many "laugh out loud" moments that are just very subtle and clever. I can even overlook Keanu Reeves in this movie, because the rest of the cast is superb. Oh, and you know, Denzel Washington in leather pants, talking Shakespearean prose? Be still my beating loins. ;)

Another movie that's one of my all-time favourites is Clue. Amazing cast, brilliantly funny and outstanding performances. I love Madeline Kahn. She's sorely missed.

So are you to my thoughts as food to life; Or as sweet-season'd showers are to the ground;
And for the peace of you I hold such strife As 'twixt a miser and his wealth is found.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:48 am 
Add my voice to fave movies, which I put in no particular order except for the first.

The Shawshank Redemption - My all-time fave. Brilliant in everyway, except possibly that it ends.

Seven - Best of the serial killer thrillers from the nineties. An ending that actually works and doesn't cop-out into happy hollywood territory.

Manhunter - I add this because I think Brian Cox is a brilliant actor in his own right but his version of Lector is far superior to Anthony Hopkins.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - Best Kung-Fu movie to come out in recent years. Wonderful, understated performances by Michelle Yeoh and Chow Yun Fat add emotional weight to the film.

The Matrix - A sci-fi/action film with brains, YAAY!!! A chance to excercise your mind and your adrenaline.

Indiana Jones trilogy - Because you just have to have Indy.

Star Wars - See above.

Blazing Saddles - Funny film, I love it.

High Plains Drifter - Superbly tense Western and my personal fave from Clint Eastwood.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:19 am 
Well, if we're talking Madeline Kahn, it's got to be Blazing Saddles. Aaahh, Lili Von Shtupp.

And if we're talking Shakespeare, I prefer Twelfth Night. I love Imogen Stubbs in this! Even though I know how it ends, I always want Viola/Cesario to end up with Olivia.

BUT, if we're talking gender-bending sexual confusion (and I apparently am), I really love Victor/Victoria. Julie Andrews is one of my all-time favorites, and this movie has her as a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman. It has a few songs, lots of humor (esp. the restaurant scene), oh! and Leslie Ann Warren! She's great in this too!!! I love, love, LOVE this movie!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:24 am 
Hair Annoyed, you just named some of my favourite movies and actresses. Imogen Stubbs, sigh. She's just so great as Viola. And you know, Julie Andrews is just...amazing. My gf has met her.

No. I'm not jealous.:angry

So are you to my thoughts as food to life; Or as sweet-season'd showers are to the ground;
And for the peace of you I hold such strife As 'twixt a miser and his wealth is found.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:50 am 
Yay - film thread! :grin

I have lots of favourite films, probably too many to list here but I shall add my tuppence worth. First I gotta agree with some other Kitten choices though:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - Previewed this early one Tuesday morning by myself and is one of the few films I have come out of teary eyed. It just blew me away - visually stunning, gorgeous cinematography, fantastic score, outstanding performances from Zhang Zi Yi and Michelle Yeoh with honourable mention to Chow Yun Fat, and just a beautiful, beautiful film. :heart Also has the distinction of being one of the first two DVDs I ever bought :p

Much Ado About Nothing - Always reminds me of my English A-level, our teacher Mr McEwan was in love with Emma Thompson methinks but again beautiful cinematography, top-notch performances and I love the part where Benedict (Kenneth Branagh) confronts Claudio (Robert Sean Leonard) - "Fare thee well boy - you know my mind" Doesn't sound like much here, but the the menace in Branagh's eyes makes me smile :grin Ok, ok so I'm weird :laugh

Personal favourites not mentioned include:

Traffic - Opinion was divided between myself and my friends over this film but I aboslutely loved it - so much so I bought the English release DVD as well as the Criterion edition. From a technical standpoint - a very well accomplished, edited and composed film and outstanding perormances from Catherine Zeta Jones (I know she won the Oscar for Chicago and I agree with it but I personally thought she was better in this - sorry Ruth! ;) ) and Benicio Del Toro :D

The Matrix - Nuff said - trailer blew me away with Trinity running up the wall - film had me gobsmacked :drool 3 more weeks until I get my mitts on Matrix:Reloaded - I can't wait! :bounce

The Godfather - Not seen until very recently but stunning film. Gotta love the classics!

Jumping Jack Flash - Ok ok, so it's a sad relic from the 80's but I loved Whoopi Goldberg as a kid and this film makes me smile every single time I watch it, even after the umpteenth viewing. As Terri is writing down the lyrics she utters one of my favourite lines in cinema - "Mick! Mick! Speak English!" :lol

Leon (The Professional for you US types :D ) - Definitely in my Top Ten - Luc Besosn is a favourite director anyway after The Big Blue and Fifth Element - but this was an awesome film. Natalie Portman's breakthrough role, Jean Reno building on a character pre-conceived in Besson's earlier work Nikita, giving a remarkable depth of humanity to an essentially cold-blooded killer - "No women, no kids" and a tour de force performance from Gary Oldman as the loony cop Stansfield. Marvellous marvellous film :grin

Ok, ok I could be here for hours so I shall leave it at that but a recent offering I think I already mentioned in a previous post was Phone Booth. Colin Farrell is definitely a talent to keep an eye on :cool

Have a good day Kittens,

~Lou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:20 am 
Now call me crazy but most of my favorite movies are oldies.

To Kill A Mockingbird with Gregory Peck. This is my all time favorite book and film.

Mr Roberts with Henry Fonda

Yours, Mine and Ours with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda

Breakfast At Tiffany's

But more recent movies I love are:

A League of Their Own

Fried Green Tomatos

Silence of The Lambs I used to freak my boss out by doing the Hannibal Lecter voice.

and of course Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Everytime I watch that with my kids, they rewind the part when they are dressing Beast up for dinner with Belle cause I laugh at the way he says "Stupid"

I'm sure there are a lot more but I can't think too well when I first wake up without coffee.

Have a good day everyone!!!

Love To All,

Barb

I'd sacrifice all those nights if I could make the earth and my dreams the same. The only difference is to let love replace all our hate. So lets go there, lets make our escape.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:56 am 
Oh Barb, I love Beauty and the Beast as well. That bit near the end when Gaston stabs him and Belle shouts "No!" heralds the onset of my tears. I generally don't stop crying until the very end. Heh.

And, speaking of, we won't even mention the bit in Dumbo when his mother cradles him in her trunk...:cry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:13 am 
Yes Ruth, that also when the tears start for me. I've seen it a couple hundred times and I always say to myself, "he can't die" He looks so cute with all the birds around him too.

As far as Dumbo go, I've promised myself that I wouldn't watch that or Bambi either. I cry too much with those two movies.

Even though in To Kill A Mockingbird, Atticus kills the dog because it's rabid, I still get very upset about that. I guess its any movie where an animal gets killed I get upset.

Love to All,

Barb

I'd sacrifice all those nights if I could make the earth and my dreams the same. The only difference is to let love replace all our hate. So lets go there, lets make our escape.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:18 am 
Okay, let's see...

First one, obvious, but hey it's just a great movie : Bound. We all know what the direcctors went on to do later, so of course the film looks amazing, plus great acting (Joe Pantoliano's classic 'Fucking dark in here' comes to mind) and well, the perfect cinematography, music... well, you get, to me, a perfect movie.

Beetlejuice by Tim Burton. I saw this as a kid, and for a while, i would watch it over and over again, soon enough I knwe it by heart. I just loved it. Growing up, I loved it even more cause I became really aware of acting, directing and well, Winona Ryder. It's smart, funny, wildly original, in one word, it's a Tim Burton movie. And Catherine O'Hara kicks serious ass in this.

Boogie Nights and Magnolia i don't even know how to explain why I love PT Anderson's cinema so much, I just do.

And more recently Moulin Rouge and Far From Heaven, time will tell if they make their way up there on the top list with the ones I already mentioned.

Great thread, even though it's hard to choose.

Rose

'Magic, thy name is Tara.' - Mariacomet, The Stone Circle.

Post subject: recent favs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:30 am 
Donnie Darko and Hedwig and the Angry Inch!!!! :peace

Post subject: Re: recent favs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:00 am 
Has to be "Victor/Victoria" for me! I can recite it backwards and forwards ....still can't hit those high notes like Julie Andrews though! I loved Robert Preston as Toddy,he was wonderful. Altogether now:

"Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam, and the deer and the antelope are gay"!!!

I'm more known for my intense Star Wars fanatism but every now and then another film will enter my atmosphere! "Fried Green Tomatoes" will always have a special place because it brought my sweetheart and I together. "Bound" because it rocks! Corky and Violet, lesbians who win! And "Ladyhawke" because Michelle Pfeiffer was wonderful in this fantasy and then became a personal one as Catwoman in "Batman Returns"!!! Ooops, sharing way too much there!

"Primum Non Nocere" - First Do No Harm

Edited by: MaClayMagic at: 4/23/03 7:01:00 am

Post subject: favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:32 am 
oooh yeah, The Beauty and the Beast...that was my absolute favorite movie in the whole wide world until I was about 15...uhm, yeah, I was late in my development. But I never, never liked the ending because the prince was so bland and the Beast was way cuter and had more...you know...personality.

My co-all-time favorite movie is American Beauty. I've seen it a dozen times and every once in a while I feel the need to hide at home on the weekend and watch it.

The other one is The Graduate.

Mrs Dalloway with Vanessa Redgrave....absolutely amazing!

Matrix,Fight Club and Memento will always have a special place in my heart because I watched them with this guy who was the best friend I've ever had

Being John Malkovich cuz Cameron Diaz & Catherine Keener were great in that.

The Breakfast Club,Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sixteen Candles, Fried Green Tomatoes, WonderBoys.... those are just feelgood-movies, IMO. And I loved Driving Miss Daisy as well.

And basically, I love everything Audrey Hepburn has ever starred in, especially The Children's Hour and Breakfast at Tiffany's

"Oh, isn't life a terrible thing, thank God?"

Edited by: cassiopeia191 at: 4/23/03 8:33:55 am

Post subject: Re: movies
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:36 am 
well, i ahve so many, here a just a few ;)

Miss Congeniality - Sandra bullock - enough said

The Shawshank Redemption - I love Morgan freeman

Fight Club - Totally screwed with my brain...Great :lol

Memento - Another screwed brain movie

The Bone Collecter - Angelina Jolie and Densil (cant spell his name)

Not another Teen Movie - Cracked me up

Scary Movie 1 and 2 - I love to laugh

Mary poppins - :whistle

Toy story 1 and 2 - iam a big kid

Back to the futere 1,2 and 3

International rockstar - Gravy maker extraordinaire - Ozzy

Post subject: Lion King
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:55 am 
The Lion King gets me every time when Simba says "It's time to go home." I burst out crying every time. My otehr favorite is Braveheart, I've worn out two copies of the video. "The can take our lives but they'll nver take our freedom!" *sigh*:D

"Well, if you blew a hundred bucks, we'd better make it worth your while," Tara said dragging Willow back into the laundry room and closing the door.-Happily Ever After

Post subject: Re: Lion King
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:29 am 
well since i love movies here we go....

my all time fav has got to be Sister Act. I'm not sure why....just the fact that Whoopi Goldberg was being a nun just cracked me up.

A League Of Their Own-just the whole movie being about woman and that they can do things as well as men....

Miss Congeniality-that movie makes me laugh so hard everytime I watch it....but only a few people know just how hard I laugh....

Shakespear In Love-Paltrow naked...nuff said

But I'm A Cheerleader-cause it's just like my life...cept I was no cheerleader....

The Faculty-Clea Duvall :drool oh yeah

The Silence Of The Lambs Trilogy-all three films....scared me at first...then I imitated Hannibal and freaked everyone else....

ok so I could go on and on, but I won't cause I've babbled enough......

Michelle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:38 am 
Gimpgirl - I had forgotten about but iam a cheerleader :)

Good movie.

I must add also a movie that has just come on the tv as i write this.....Shrek :banana

Iam donkey :grin

Caz

International rockstar - Gravy maker extraordinaire - Ozzy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:14 pm 
Quote:
Mary poppins - :whistle

Hee... another Mary Poppins fan. I'll admit it, I still love and watch this movie. Julie Andrews kicks ass! :banana And I have to say, I also loved, "Victor/Victoria." Although, Julie doesn't make a very convincing drag king. :lol I still loved the movie though.

And that woman's voice! :heart Too bad she can't sing anymore! *sniff*

Jen

||My Fan Fiction and More!|| ||My Yahoo Group||
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"In an episode called, THE BODY, Willow and Tara shared a wonderful screen kiss. I was very proud that I got to represent a real deal lesbian relationship in its entirety on film. It was very meaningful to Alyson and me." ~ Amber Benson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:36 pm 
The Lion King is a wonderful movie. In fact all of the disney movies tend to be wonderful, with only a few exceptions. Other great movies in no order at all are Chicago, The Matrix, Star wars (but not the new ones), Bound and The Princess Bride.

Cheese. It's milk that you chew.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:23 pm 
Waah hellmouthhottie20 u have allot of the films from my favs list on yours - or is it the other way around?!

Shawshank Redemption - Tara Palmer tompkinson reccomended it to me!

Fight Club - Did you see Tyler Durden at the Xerox machine?!

AP1 & 2 - Err - Can't get enough of Michelle and Finch! lol

Girl, Interrupted - Winona Ryder and Angelina Jolie (touching and fantastic)

Gone in 60 Secs - Fast cars and ahem, Ms Joile

Cant Hardly Wait - Seth Green is a riot!

Clueless - Rollin with the Homies :dance

Addams Family - The first one, Christina Ricci playing a mini me!

Ms Congeniality - Sandra! and makes me think that even though i am a geek, i could maybe oneday have the FBI make me into well, not a geek! (if i ever wanted to?!)

Gia - Ms Jolie again, so sad :tear

Bill & Teds Excellent adventure - Death Rocks!

That little list is not in any order - but i LUUURRVVEE them!

ahem - going to get some hot ribena and settle down with a few DVD's!

Edited by: AlexisWillow at: 4/23/03 12:48:33 pm

Post subject: Movies I love
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:26 pm 
No special order

The Faculty-Elijah Wood, Clea Duvall, Josh Hartnett, etc.

Scream 2

The Color Purple

Fried Green Tomatos

Bound

Fight Club

The Hours

The Kid -Bruce Willis

Die Hard 2

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves

Rushmore

Dead Poet's Society

dear God, I'm here..I'm here.

Post subject: Re: Movies I love
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:39 pm 
My favourite movies is lot - some of -

Lord Of the rings

Daredevil

Mummy trilogy

Fifth Element

Black Hawk Down

Gladiator

Prince Valiant

Sniper

Rat Race

Rollerball (2002)

Blade I., II.

Young Hercules

Kull the Conqueror

Dragonheart

Dracula 2000

Evolution

etecera

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:58 pm 
most of my favorite movies have been mentioned already. a few that haven't been:

the usual suspects (i figured it out! before the end even!!)

the fast and the furious (i love action movies)

10 things i hate about you (i love julia stiles in that movie. she plays strong and bitchy very well - she does a good job of it in the business of strangers with stockard channing too)

reign of fire (with matthew mcconaghey - proud to be a B-movie)

ocean's 11 (the new one, i haven't seen the older one yet)

high art

then there are my favorite stoner movies (AKA movies i like to watch while stoned, so really, anything fits here, hehe)

dazed and confused

half baked

detroit rock city

hair

office space (the first half anyway, i'm not as fond of the second half)

~La

What is the difference between a drunk and a stoner?

The drunk will drive through a stop sign while the stoner will wait for it to turn green.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:06 pm 
Hehe...What about...

"The Rocky Horror Picture Show"? Nobody can beat Tim Curry's Outfit :p And Susan Sarandon :drool And the songs :lol

And "Fucking Amal", also known as "Show me love" or "Raus aus Amal" :p Elin and Agnes, two higly cute girls :p And the story has a happy end and for a lesbian movie that's even better huh? ;) But you have to watch the Swedish version cos that's still the best :p

Hehe and American Pie 1 and 2 :p But we knew that before huh? *hint* Aly *hint* ;)

:peace -Viv-

Medicine, law, banking – these are necessary to sustain life. But poetry, romance. love, beauty? These are what we stay alive for!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:17 pm 
One of my favourites is Contact with Jodie Foster. I know it wasn't a huge hit when it came out, but I love the progression and development of her character, plus its a great story (and the DVD is FAB!!!)

Fried Green Tomatoes - what a classic. I went to see it at the pictures at least 10 times and cried at the end every time!

Aliens - Sigourney Weaver is a goddess!! And of all the Alien films, this is the best IMO.

Also have to agree on Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - one of the most beautiful films ever, but it really is a cinema movie - wasn't half as enjoyable on tv, you need the big screen.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:53 pm 
Where to start?

Some Like it Hot a tour de force by all involved, and in the UK - Whiskey Galore whimsey at it's best

The Good The bad and The Ugly redefined the western for me.

Apocaplypse Now brought Conrad's Heart of Darkness to life and really seemed to sum up the madness that was Vietnam. Local Hero was the film I would like to have made. 2 hours of gentle nothingness, they came, they promised, they went away again. Grosse Point Blank just a great cast. LoTR thank you Peter Jackson for doing justice to my favourite book. Animal House - my college years were so similar :) Big Wednesday the only surf movie with a decent story. Jeremiah Johnson if only for the scenery.

There is so much good stuff out there, diamonds within the dross. I'm sure I'll be back with more.

-----------------------------------

love and kisses

Still Waters

..... *Happy to be Willowhand....well, would'nt you be?......

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:25 pm 
The best movie I've seen in quite a while is Bend It Like Beckham. Even if it was a little scary to discover that both of the main characters' mothers reminded me of my mother. :shock

"The first task of anyone, lest you get canceled, is to entertain people, because they ain't there for message." - Dick Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:35 pm 
I'll agree with some already mentioned:

Mary Poppins - my brother and I watched it one evening when we were in our early 20s. Nobody else was around, and we were bored, and that's all that was on TV, on a Sunday evening (probably on Disney on CBS). When it finished, we looked at each other, and said "What a great movie". In fact, that was the first movie I ever saw in a theatre.

Fried Green Tomatoes; Rocky Horror (great participating in that during Frosh week); Madeline Kahn reminds me of Young Frankenstein - a classic; oh, and Audrey Hepburn - I've just forgotten the name of it, but she's blind, and Alan Arkin is trying to kill her for some reason, Richard Crenna was also in it; Winona Ryder made me think of Edward Scissorhands (also reminds me how much I like Dianne Wiest).

I was visiting my folks this weekend, and TVO (TV Ontario) has a show called Saturday Night at the Movies, that plays old classics. We watched An American in Paris, one of my favourites. I really love the old musicals. That was followed by That's Entertainment, which made me laugh at the '70s fashions, but also reminded me of Singing in the Rain. Gene Kelly was amazing in that number.

My absolute favourite though, is The Wizard of Oz. I can recite the whole thing. I remember seeing it one time at the cheap night at university. I convinced one of my roommates to go see it with me, but only if we went to something he wanted to see afterwards. So Oz was followed by Apocalypse Now, the original when it first came out. Talk about compare and contrast. Anyway, I'm always amazed at how often The Wizard of Oz is referenced by other movies, or TV shows, or stories, or news articles or whatever. I think maybe it was on TV so much in the '60s and '70s that everyone knows it and everyone knows "There's no place like home" and all the other catch phrases.

All I can think of for now.

Mems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:48 pm 
My top 6 favorite movies, alphabetical order:

Adaptation

Amélie

But I'm A Cheerleader

Clue

Fight Club

Memento.

Other movies I like:

Being John Malkovich

Half Baked

Pulp Fiction

Seven

The Usual Suspects

A Mighty Wind

All Kevin Smith offerings (excluding) Chasing Amy

Movies I'm Ashamed To Admit I Like In Public:

Clueless

10 Things I Hate About You

Bring It On

Get Over It

Josie and The Pussycats

Hello? Is there anybody out there?

No, just macaroni.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 577 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next